Game freak hate thread

Attached: gi.png (814x398, 471K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Lsmvp67cjvM
angusnicneven.com/allc
angusnicneven.com/About_Angus
reddit.com/r/Terminal00
twitter.com/AngusNicneven
eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-03-pokemon-boss-junichi-masuda-on-keeping-hardcore-players-happy-borrowing-from-pokemon-go-and-lets-gos-story
eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-12-junichi-masuda-on-pokemon-lets-gos-difficulty-meltans-reveal-and-the-future
youtu.be/3bUYx8h8TwA
youtu.be/6wrsbh-0fMA
youtu.be/mAR-8JTdcVw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So are they not gonna do the visible wild encounters like let's go?

No its a 3ds game on the switch with a new skin
That's it.
OH and it runs in 20 fps

Well that's fucking gay. WHY IN THE WORLD did they make Pokemon Let's Go, AND this? It just means they're going to keep the best features from both separate.

Goddammit man, an "incredible" Pokemon game will never happen will it? I thought Star Wars games had it bad, but I found MB2 a few years ago so there's that.

Because they have two different teams working on the games and apparently they're never allowed to talk to each other.

>20 fps
Am i being memed

The visuals here seriously look like a Wii era game.

this actual looks good tho. its obviously ass on a technical level but I like the colors and the world. keep hatin niggas

Because gf is a piece of shit company that's needs to be boycotted
Every game manages to get worser
I want them to die so badly

t. hasn't seen a Wii game

No, but then again it's gamefreak, they can't fucking code to save their lives.

>I like the colors
Confirmed to have zero taste. The grass looks like puke and is totally at odds with the rest of the scene.

why do we keep getting this simplistic baby shit art design? such a shit game. get back at me when Pokemon is a legitimate challenging open world RPG with honest depth.

I have. That screenshot fucking screams 2010 Wii game. Even the color and visuals remind me a little of Skyward Sword.

Dammit

>We will never get a Pokemon game on the level of a modern-RPG

Sucks desu

Attached: 532235235.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

say what you will about TW3's gameplay but that world was well-made

Fuck Japan and fuck nips. It's all trash.

Attached: nice 3ds game.jpg (800x452, 103K)

Didn't you watch the trailer nigger?
I don't see a difference between 30 fps and 60 fps but even I could see the mind fucking stutter

>Town is still 5 houses, a Gym, and a Pokemon Center
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Boycott shit freak
Based
Fuck game freak

Honestly I think I might get the Shield version if I can transfer my Pokémon from Let’s Go Eevee into it with only just the savefile without still owning the full game or paying for some dumb subscription service.

I beat the Elite Four in 5 days and returned the game after I saw that the post game was nothing BUT I caught a couple shinies and I would like to bring them over into a game that’s at least a little bit more unique and has more Pokémon in it.

I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed. Gonna be trash just like fire emblem.

Attached: 1508475622771.jpg (766x960, 80K)

Yea Forums echochamber and delusion thread go!

>youtu.be/Lsmvp67cjvM
What everyone says they want.
>What we're actually getting
A crafted world free of fidelityfags.

Fire Emblem I still have hope for, because at least they're trying something different. With SnS I feel like I've played the whole game already.

>This is me. This is supposed to be Ash... Ash Ketchum
Stopped watching there

Civic reminder that PSAS is Pokemon's Fallout 76. They are the worst games in the series and everyone agrees. There is literally nothing gokd about these turds.

Shill NPC detected

im willing to wait till release to judge the game on its FPS, don't have high hopes but im willing to give them the benefit of time. a lot can be done in at least 8 months. The graphics, fidelity and art style however are severely unimpressive. Its a billion dollar franchise. The game will easily make over a billion. Put some money into it. make it look nice. Stop having such dead eyed player characters. Theres no excuse as to why these games don't look half as good as odyssey. Theres no excuse that the battle gameplay isn't 60 fps, 1080p with great lighting effects, terrained enviroments and actual battle animations.

Also can you update the poses or animations of old pokemon? they all look really stiff and i don't think it would be that hard to go back and shine them up given you gave every one walking animations in gen 7.

Delusional

cope

Tbere's nothing delusional in calling out the Fallout 76 of Pokemon.

Enjoy your 20 fps game

Post reactions to Ohmori getting director chair again

Attached: high res freddy.jpg (5120x2880, 3.37M)

Penis

>PSAS haters are the chillest people while PSASIDF are toxic assholes
Not surprising.

/thread

Can't hate them for picking a name with such a glorious abbreviation

Attached: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FevJTOZisI9o%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&f=1.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

>trying something different.

anime highschool?

How can they be the worst games in the series when only a brief trailer with no in-depth details has been shown? Calm the fuck down and be patient, I’m sure there’s some doom WADs out there that can keep you busy.

Also how can I be a shill when I LITERALLY REFUNDED THE GAME AND CALLED THE POKÉMON BANK SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE DUMB.

Game looks promising. I'm happy it isn't open world, and that they're sticking to their own formula.

Attached: 1493903820854.jpg (232x210, 23K)

You faggots aren't gonna make this a thing. This franchise is too big to fail. Hell, there's been nothing but praise across mainstream channels.
Yea Forums has been pathetic about Pokemon. Let's Go was the latest embarrassment, every thread made that it was a failure, how it wasn't doing well in Japan, etc. And then it turns out it sold over 10 million in a month.

never expect anything from GF.

Not only is pokemon trapped on a underpowered handheld, but it is also in the hands of the most incompetent devs in the industry. Pokémon is dead, but alive, and will thrive. Just the fate of the world.

Attached: lazygamefreak.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

Attached: brent spiner absolutely disgusted.png (758x829, 1.09M)

>Comparing Mega Kick to Double Kick
What?

T. Nintendog

fucking wii graphics

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 3.45M)

>expected innovation of the formula
>get the same old tired formula with a ported SuMo engine

T-thanks gamefreak.

Attached: o2opKFB7Ck438ehjY7rP1TSFo1_400.gif (360x359, 312K)

It's just to show the difference in effort between the two animations.

The last time they changed up the formula people hated it here too.

I heard Daycare breeding and national dexes were removed. Is that true?

I dont think ive ever seen this board so united against a pokemon title lol

Majority of posters arent defending GF and arent putting up with their laziness and bs anymore.

Hugboxes be like that sometimes

I liked Sun and Moon despite it's heavy use of cutscenes. I'm happy we're getting a UK region too.

Attached: 97f69ed44522cd2b006ea3e1f0b29acb.jpg (544x446, 159K)

WHY IS THERE NO NPCS in the game? Did they remove them?

>develop a game for hardware more poweful than wii, ps3, xbox 360, and even the wii u
>still makes the game look like a wii game
that wall looks like some Skyward Sword Skyloft shit.

Attached: 1497123996623.gif (480x270, 429K)

I've actually been playing apex legends on my PS4 more then I've spent playing botw lately. I think both consoles are great, and console wars are immature and silly.

angusnicneven.com/allc

see here

I've seen some people criticize the game for being the Call of Duty of Nintendo, but most of these criticisms are flooded with apologetic fans who come up with the silliest arguments I've ever read.

> it's just a 7 minute trailer they'll change things
> the old formula is great, SM was bad because it tried to change things
> it's fine if they keep it the same

Are you stupid? We know literally nothing about the game except for what we saw in a three minute trailer. Besides, you can already see what looks to be the daycare center just north of the big steam punk city.

Attached: pokemon-sword-shield-galar-region-map-high-res.jpg (1448x2048, 594K)

what the fuck is this shit

Attached: 1540908089957.jpg (350x409, 106K)

>Complain about inconsequential graphics issues
>In a pokemon game

You people love to bitch for the sake of bitching.

I just gave up after Sun and Moon. Would Pokemon be better if it never left 2d?

I don't think most people care what a handful of channers think about any game, let alone a game from a series they're notorious for hating on.

>20th game in a row for a series that consistently sells 10 to 20 million copies
>series has always been incredibly safe and minimal with changes
>"I EXPECTED AN INNOVATION OF THE FORMULA"
What were those expectations based off?

Daycare breeding isn't in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. However LGPE is an intentional back-to-basics remake of RBY.

National Pokedex wasn't in Sun/Moon or LGPE, however all Pokemon are still usable in those games if transferred.

Attached: 317523.png (500x522, 141K)

SO FIRSTLY RETARDS ASKING FOR OPEN WORLD, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, PERSONALLY I DONT THINK IT COULD WORK BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY GAME FREAK WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO MUSTER UP THE CREATIVITY OR MINIMUM LEVEL OF WORK TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE AN OPEN WORLD POKEMON GAME WORK.

Game Freak are lazy fucks, fuck Ohmori, fuck actually trying, fuck the utter lack of post games now, fuck building upon each entry rather just randomly drop and return features whenever they fucking please.

Game Freak needs to go bankrupt so Nintendo can get an actually good team to work on the franchise.

No, the original Black and White were terrible despite being 2D games. Though in fairness 3D might have saved those ones.

The part at the end that shows the starters is what the game should look like. Then they just slap us in the face with a "not in-game footage."

Attached: f557bd4ba2bce04fb3a9171ea122bca4.jpg (1920x1080, 1.07M)

seven minutes of footage

you are a delusional wreck

everyone knows all Pokemon games are the same. stop wanting Pokemon to grow up with you, its supposed to be for children

>Would Pokemon be better if it never left 2d?
yes but it was inevitable it would go to 3d. idk pokemon is really cool but its trapped in a really shitty game made by a really shitty developer.

Attached: CD4fIVHWEAAZ40Q.jpg (370x274, 23K)

user what the fuck is this cult like shit

Attached: 1542059365961.jpg (1102x798, 418K)

>stop wanting Pokemon to grow up with you, its supposed to be for children
Children hate well made games? Color me surprised

Fuck you. That CG part looked terrible, and had garbage art direction. I would never play a Pokémon game that looked like that. Fuck of back to your $1000 PCs, graphics whores.

Anyone know how the japs are reacting? Those guys are usually more vitriolic than us.

Attached: blobsville.png (1280x800, 686K)

this
something looked wrong with that part

what in fuck

Attached: 1544556896916.gif (360x480, 457K)

That was a pretty useful list of the game’s changes. Thanks, user.

DOES Aanybody have that picture of the japs opinions on all the pokemon games? and it says what they think of pokemon go in the funniest shit

Attached: Anger.jpg (622x662, 29K)

My problems with gamefreak in a nutshell:

Cuts out content for dumb events, takes out cool new features before adding others, so random shit that seems good just gets completely removed the next game, everything runs poorly and is badly designed.

And so, anti ninttendo faggot will shitpost and seeth for another 6-8 month, get completely btfo, then resume again once their battered ass has healed enough.

Somehow, those dumb faggots never seem to catch on

BASED HUBER.

Yeah uh, wow. I didn't think that would be the most unnerving I've seen in a while.

Attached: 1542902685357.png (214x227, 62K)

>Fuck of back to your $1000 PC
>$1000
Are you poor?

I'll admit that the CG looks off, but the game should have that level of graphical fidelity.

>this game that no one has ever played is the worst in the series

Attached: whatnow.jpg (882x624, 122K)

Why does it need to look that good if it plays just fine?

>Started with gen IV
>Went back and all the other gens
>Gen V comes out and it's just meh
>Story became turbo dumb
>Lazy animated 2D sprites
>Meh
>Gen VI gets announced
>Game looks really amazing
>Game is really easy and handholdy
>Meh
>Gen VII
>Get hyped after hearing everyone online and reviewers say it's great
>Pokedex talks to recap the game
>Flags on the map so you know where to go
>Get Exp share really early
>Can literally be brain dead and still destroy everyone
It just gets worse and worse. They'll probably implement a feature to fast forward and autoplay battles soon.

Attached: 1550028953044.jpg (576x576, 44K)

Attached: 1265265268542654.gif (426x240, 1.32M)

children play fortnite and watch ninja, they got no time for pokemanz

Attached: 26488595-young-christian-priest-is-holding-a-cross.jpg (1300x866, 71K)

I have my PC for graphically intense games. I don't need everything to look that good.

What in the fuck is Gamefreak doing??

I'm scared to look
what the fuck is it

Attached: 1386475400555.png (241x228, 83K)

Do not click this link.

>yfw there will never be a open world pokemans rpg

Some edgy tryhard demon cult website. It's just got red and black images of creepy stuff with weird text and music to scare people. It's lame.

What the fuck is it?

Are you retarded or havent you played the latest pokemin games?

gamefreak really stepping it up

Guys I clicked this link and got a phone call few minutes after where someone with a deep voice just asked my name and then hung up. I suggest you follow this guys advice

>the gameplay is good
>atari 2600 graphics
Yeah, graphics aren't everything but looks matter. And the Pokemon gameplay from 1996 isn't great anymore. It's more dated than these graphics.

Oh shit kiddies.
The spoops

Attached: spooks.gif (500x350, 497K)

It fucking keeps me up at night, user

Attached: 1527662662116.png (959x1080, 2.3M)

>edgy tryhard
one buzzword too many, explanation discarded

No you didn't.

But imagine if I did

Click it and see for yourself. It looks like something from /x/.

Reminder that if Gen 5 is on the lower part (bottom 2) of your list,but you also dislike the current direction that Pokemon is going in (and are still buying the games) you're the reason why Game Freak doesn't try anymore.

I find people who use those are underageb& most of the time

Be honest anons are you excited for the new Pokemon or were your expectations not matched?

Attached: 1551286814186.jpg (803x946, 93K)

They were shit anyway.

Imagine if I had my dick pressed against your window. Now imagine I got past the window and was in your house.

im not excited, and my expectations were matched as i knew it would be shit no matter what

go on

I'm Excited and I hate it

Cool website. I advise everyone to click it. Please

>Judging and nitpicking a reveal trailer over the gameplay quality instead of the actual locations and shit portrayed
Truly Yea Forums has the highest priorities.

Attached: 1551238363920.jpg (379x1024, 45K)

This

BNFFFPPPRRRRT....... ungh,..... huuugh.... nnugghgh...... FPFPFFLRRRPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTT SPLORP UNGH... HNggghhhhhh... HuuUGHHhnnnnhh... HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNPLLLFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPTLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFRFRRRRRRRRRRRRT PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUU.. HUUUUUUUUU....... HHGGGGGNNNGGGGH..... HNNNNGH............... UNGH.......... A
HHH... HAAH.... HHHAAH..... HNNNNNNNNNNGH

HHHHHHH PLFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTPLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRR
RRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTT* HNNNGHH.. HHHAAHH.... HHAAH
HH....HHAHHH...
BNFFFPP
PRRRRT....... ungh,..... huuugh.... nnugghgh...... FPFP
FFLRRR
PPPPPP
PPPTTTTTTTT SPLORP UNGH... HNggghhhhhh... HuuUG
HHhnnnnhh...

HHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHUUUUUEHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGNGGGGHHH
NNNN
NPLLLF
RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRRRRRRRRRRPT

LPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFRFR

RRRRRRRRRRR
T PSHHHH
HHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHH
HHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHUUUUUUU.. HUUUUUUUUU....... HHGGGGGNNNGGGGH..... HNNNNGH............... UNGH.......... AHHH... HAAH.... HHHAAH..... HNNNN
NNNNNNGHHHHHHHH PLFFFF

FFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTPLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTT
TT* HNNNGHH.. HHHAAHH.... HHAAHHH....HH
AHHH...
BNFFFPPPRRRRT........ ungh,..... huuugh.... nnugghgh...... FPFPFFLRRRPPPPP
HHHHHHHHHH
NNNNNN
NNNNNNNPL

LLFRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRPTLPPPPPPPPPPPPP
PFRFRRR
RRRRRRRRRT PSHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUU.. HUUUUUUUUU

....... HHGGGGGNNNGGGGH..... HNNNNGH............... UNGH.......... AHHH... HAAH.... HHHAAH...
.. HNNNNNNNNNN
GHHHHHHHH **PLFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTPLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFRRR
. nnughgh... FP

FPFFLRRRPPP';PPPPPPTTTTTTTT SPLORP UNGH... HNggghhhhhh... HuuUGHHh.

>Civic reminder that PSAS is Pokemon's Fallout 76. They are the worst games in the series and everyone agrees.
Has anybody here actually played LGPE? I doesn't get any worse than that.

Attached: 1386214869457.png (600x600, 98K)

That's fucking massive, holy shit

Attached: 1460417130863.png (887x1097, 860K)

REEEEEEEE WHY WASN'T IT MADE IN UE4 BY COMPETENT DEVS????

My expectations were matched. My hopes were killed.

Americans everyone

Attached: 1542618981091.jpg (714x930, 469K)

Attached: 1543208847822.png (210x260, 15K)

now THAT, was quite pungent.

feeling better?

All I saw was what a Pokemon game can look like upscaled. I wanted to see something that showed it wasn't just a Pokemon game upscaled, because that would mean another entry that fell prey to Gamefreak's current design philosophy.

Pokemon needs an overhaul ingame structure asap, and I'm not talking about "muh aRPG openworld sandbox". Pokemon urgently needs a shakeup in the turnbased combat and general game design because shit's just stale right now, so much shitty design baggage carried over from previous entries that can't be healthy to the series in the long run.

Attached: 1543615458056.png (873x623, 147K)

Attached: ....jpg (207x243, 4K)

That's the single largest post I've ever seen on this site to date, Good lord

Attached: 1542552578164.jpg (258x269, 23K)

>at least they're trying something different
Tumblr hogwarts with the worst art direction the series has ever seen? Different for the sake of different isn't a good thing and FE16 looks like a goddamn trashfire.

You Haven't been here long.

Wow.

Attached: 1545715736478.jpg (320x304, 65K)

whats this

I was honestly expecting something better. Not just the standard Pokemon crap we have been getting since 96. I was hoping for a more Home Console experience and not the Hand-held console game on a Home Console we seem to be getting.

mmm quite pungent my dear

Attached: x7z.png (240x240, 24K)

I'm browsing it rn. Looks like some schizoid possibly autistic vietnamese weeaboo. Pretty fucking cool website.

angusnicneven.com/About_Angus

this thread is fucking cursed. I'm outta here.

Attached: 5643456456.gif (400x222, 519K)

I'm so fucking glad they went back to the old format. You fuckers are so casual for wanting them to be like the Let's Go games

rate my picture my dudes

Attached: p8cup6Z.jpg (1920x1080, 1.48M)

his shadow should be dabbing, then it would mean more than the mona lisa

Attached: !!.png (512x812, 333K)

feels like home

Art

Some gay reddit thing
reddit.com/r/Terminal00

apparently the guy who made it has a twitter too which kills the intrigue
twitter.com/AngusNicneven

What is this? Is it a malware site? Why is it making me uncomfortable?

Attached: 1543490199294.jpg (665x574, 29K)

I've never played that game. I never saw the point in building in a digital space.

Why is Game Freak so shit at designing their player characters? They're getting better now but the majority of pre-Gen 5 designs are so fucking bad.

Attached: pngtier.png (2000x1478, 1021K)

yup... Game freak really hit it out of the park with THIS one!

Attached: 1550265962711.webm (398x224, 1.47M)

Nah man It's just some Deepweb ARG shit.
It's still neat I guess

Attached: 1546832507732.gif (531x354, 3.6M)

>9 months from release

Maybe its time for you to find a new hobby or move on from Nintendo if you aren't excited

You have to be a fucking child to still be making this gay ass argument in 2019
Nobody with 2 years experience in videogames would say this dumb shit.

my favourite scene from this family friendly sitcom Saturday night special is when she places the guy in her ass and uses him to swing around, to disarm the other guard. that is my favourite moment. what is your favourite moment, guys? I love this movie, but the ending was a little bit too much, ya know?

>an "incredible" Pokemon game will never happen will it?
no

Attached: 1551325298877.png (717x186, 19K)

>Kalos below the fucking Black 2 protag
>RSE that high

I was expecting something more than fucking mobile tier visuals and a bigger world considering it's on a fucking console. Pokemon Let's Go was a warning.

>anime highschool?
Anime Magic Harry Potter Highschool where maybe you can bang the students.

I'm not getting it unless it's like Gen 4/5

holy fuck, now I understand. Pokémon, is the carrot on the stck franchise, always push it just a LITTLE bit forward each time, and some other parts backwards, just to lead them forward in HOPE it gets better. It's genius

I bet little girls like running around the tall glass while in skirts because it tickles their coochie.

they've literally been doing that since gen 2, child

I'm sorry but the fuck?

Why is the region UK and not China? Why haven’t we had a China-based region yet? You could do SO GODDAMN MUCH with a China-based region, like, for starters, give us the missing Dragon type Eeveelution.

What fucking gives GF?

It looks like fucking trash what the fuck are they doing. Let's Go unironically looks more cartoony, smoother and therefore better fucking hel

Attached: 1519444138171.gif (320x287, 2.36M)

I bet little girls like flooding the bathroom floor and splish splashing across it because the water tickles their coochie.

They said the same exact thing when the animations in Pokemon LGBT were shown to be dogshit. The Pokemon Defense Force will literally defend anything.

This is an edit of one of these
eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-03-pokemon-boss-junichi-masuda-on-keeping-hardcore-players-happy-borrowing-from-pokemon-go-and-lets-gos-story
eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-12-junichi-masuda-on-pokemon-lets-gos-difficulty-meltans-reveal-and-the-future

Look at that OP pic, you can bet that every time she walks, every time the wind blows, the blades of grass under her brushes against that thin strip of fabric between her legs and sends tingles through her underdeveloped snatch and from time to time, her cute little pearl.

Shouldn’t London, the biggest city in the UK be to the south, not the north? Is that ‘notEdinburg’ way up there?

>Pokemon Stadium
>effort
LOL

Attached: animation is hard.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

Masuda's a dumbass. I swear there was an interview where he compared the Trainers of Pokemon to Aliens. I'm sure it was real because it was that stupid.

Attached: 250px-199Slowking.png (250x250, 47K)

I didn't expect anything and I still disappointed yet the new trainer looks cute, hopefully the gym leaders gets some cute waifu material, GF ever goes bankrupt, I hope they still hire sugimori for the poketraniers design whatever other company handles it.

>user can't projectile vomit silly string

I pity you

I bet little girls like riding big brother user's thigh like a horsie and making him shake it so she can subtly grind against it while his flexing thigh muscles add that extra bit of oomph.

Every time that loli giggles is a microgasm. What, did you think they were doing it just because they like being with user? I bet you think that wet spot they leave on your pants is sweat.

When will high grass in Pokemon look like this?

Attached: crysis3.jpg (3840x2160, 3.89M)

If you guys just want an edgy Pokémon game there are a few on the GameCube. Hell just go play SMT.

Attached: 1527860855814.png (553x832, 657K)

>Hell just go play SMT.

pretty good advice, SMT is pretty much just advanced pokemon

What is this?

The B2W2 female protag should be S+ tier just because of the accidental translation error that caused all the trap porn of her(male) to happen

>Hell just go play SMT.
I waiting for a new one.

>What would you say to those players who are crying out for a bit more of a challenge, maybe adult players who've been playing for these 20 years or who got into it a bit later? Should they wait for next year's RPG instead?
>Junichi Masuda: So you know to those kinds of fans we'd mention the 'catch combo' mechanic, whereby you catch the same Pokémon multiple times in a row and get various rewards and benefits for that.
Matsuda is an absolute retard

Yeah, but they had a few good aspects like over world Pokemon. Now we're back to this ancient ass mechanic.

Fuck.

I wanted wild Pokemon and a sense of exploration

Instead we have archaic random battles and linear paths

Maybe games aren't getting worse and you're just getting older

>Beats game
>Refunds
Fuck I hate people

No. The games are objectively getting worse.

Gimme a budget and a studio, and I’ll design a better Pokemon game than GF ever could. They’re carried by brand recognition, so they don’t have to try. If they had a legit competitor on the market, it’d be a different story.

Well children are objectively getting dumber so they have to acclimate

imagine playing games your whole life and not picking up on game design do's and dont's

>imagineposting

Attached: 1541941597840.jpg (480x741, 36K)

>modern-RPG
no thanks

Fire this man already

Attached: 1542495596732.png (1089x366, 56K)

they need to make a pokemon game but have the battles be pokken tournament style battles. It will never happen, though pokken is a really fun game

Attached: 1540369446027.gif (300x303, 1.52M)

why would u skip PBR?

what amazes me is that somehow people can compress a minute long video to be under 3MB.

whenever I try that shit it looks fucking awful and comes out ultra blurry

Duck out early before the competitiveshitters start chewing you out for messing with their 0 skill rock-paper-scissors turn-based metaslave gameplay

reminder Morimoto was only ever allowed to direct HG/SS before the Ohmoripocalypse

Attached: 1532398072173.jpg (164x164, 16K)

It's flipped.

The capital, London, is up north.
The industry typically associated with northern England is in the middle.
The lake district and general empty country and hills/mountains that is Scotland is in the south.

>nobody talking about gog dying anymore
I am seriously convinced at this point shitposters meet and plan their efforts daily.

Attached: 1459291016710.jpg (660x1100, 245K)

Wtf I hate Pokemon now. The most successful entertainment franchise is going down in flames thanks to this post.

This game has another 9 months to build amazing hype. It will sell millions more switches heading into Christmas and tens of millions of copies. It will go down as one of the most beloved and well received Pokemon titles ever. No amount of faggotry or shit posting in this thread will change that.

Attached: 1551244747238m.jpg (820x1024, 88K)

>GF
>putting effort into their games
GF shits in a box and it sells millions every single time. Reminder that GF considers the older games to be too hard and time consuming which is why the games have only gotten easier and more babyfied with each and every new release. Better start looking for a different monster raising game to play.

cope

lc-kun's having too much fun being promoted to the pokemon shitposter to care. But you know what? That's ok. I never even visit pokemon threads that much so I'm glad he finally found a better place to live. He's gonna burn himself out eventually so might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Just remember to not take anyone mass replying seriously, 90% chance it's him.

This is what it should have looked like 2 gens ago

Oh yeah like the introduction of Team *Whatever who want to capture *Legendary with maybe a twist that they've learned the secret power of Z-Evolution Baby Primal Origin Forme Ultra Moves

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING? *KICKS IT* FUCK OFF! GO ON! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING! I HATE YOU!

Attached: 1339871403409.jpg (432x288, 13K)

but pokkens gameplay is miles more fun and more technically demanding than the conventional turn based game, especially since youre constantly reacting to what your opponent does. its like comparing chess to boxing or super mario rpg to smash

Attached: 1545964420808.jpg (1195x659, 105K)

If LGPE being as shit as it was wasn't enough to sink the ship, a return to the normal gameplay isn't gonna cause shit. I don't have to cope with you trying to force another TORtanic.

Attached: 1544134101386.jpg (2048x349, 447K)

Attached: 1544134172500.jpg (2048x620, 750K)

It's funny how DQ, Zelda, Mario; all long running franchises that people have liked since childhood, have all managed to innovate in the current gen and are mostly liked by the people who played them as children, but Pokemon?
It's just a turd in comparison.

Attached: 1544134448570.jpg (2048x1166, 1003K)

>people really think that it's impossible to make a open world pokemon game
Are they in full denial or just retarded?

This reminded me of "later homo" more than anything else.

whats the difference

Attached: 1544136442051.jpg (2048x394, 544K)

It's denial that Pokemon could ever expand to something new beyond the stale reskin that comes out every 2 years.

it's unironic cope posting. Of course they fucking can.

>Even shittier artwork and still being directed by Ohmori
My expectations were indeed matched

user, it's quite literally already happened, but just not under the name of Pokémon. I don't even WANT to imagine, what a billion dollar franchise backing up a competent group of game devs could do. It would be one of the best video games of all time

Attached: 1547217142087.jpg (1680x999, 601K)

The problem is how much work is involved in an individual Pokemon in a fighting game like Pokken. Even if you completely reused Pokkens assets to make a story based game, which is feasible, you would have an extremely limited Pokedex and extremely little variety in enemies. Even if they doubled up the entire roster, you're still looking at a Pokedex with less than 50 Pokemon in it.

People like to meme about "muh effort" but there's such a thing as a project that simply isn't feasible with a reasonable scope. I'd like a magical game with all 800+ Pokemon playable with Pokkens level of depth but it ain't happening. Even 100 is a ridiculous endeavor.

There's also an argument to be made that Pokken is already a thing anyway. People wanted a Pokemon game with complex real time action mechanics and they got it. The spinoffs like Pokken are literally there for the people who keep saying they want things other than turn based. Let the main series be turn based.

>All the buildings still face south.
>All the areas are still just lines with trainer gauntlets between them
>You can physically see victory road
>The entire game is still really small and cramped

>user, it's quite literally already happened, but just not under the name of Pokémon.
Name it.

I hope you don't mean Breath of the Wild because all that game has to do with Pokemon is the fact both settings have some wilderness.

i could see it if there were one

Attached: 1538630725312.jpg (800x450, 31K)

My expectations were matched and that's disappointing.

Pokemon beyond gen 3 was a big big big BIG HUGE MISTAKE

Attached: 1532286979390.jpg (1080x1271, 1.47M)

>452699327

>every game that SHOULDN'T be good open world, goes open world
>Every game that SHOULD go open world, doesn't

why and how did we end up in this state

Attached: 1518008410292.png (500x740, 417K)

>it's literally upscaled Sun/Moon

fuck those hacks.

Top is just as much a corridor as nu-pokemon

Gamers will never collectively agree to boycott a product. Audience is to large and filled with kiddos.

Pokefags, I'm not a fan of pokemon, never have been. I look at each game that comes out and it looks like the last game with a few minor changes, so my interest always stays at a constant 0. But I have to ask, if you're unhappy with how pokemon is currently handled, why continue to buy the games? Obviously it's a pointless protest because pokemon will always make a shit ton of fucking money and this movie will certainly get more people interested, but still.

Attached: 1551283559536.jpg (500x500, 33K)

>walking around full 3D environment
>see a pokemon you want
>release your pokemon to battle it
>no screen transition bullshit, battle starts immediately right there
>instead of just picking commands and watching .gifs bounce at each other you actually control the pokemon in battle
>can use the environment to your advantage(climb trees, hide behind objects, etc)
>some pokemon would play differently based on typing(flying types being able to fly around, etc)
Nah let's just have the same fixed camera angles, tall grass random battles, and .gifs bounce at each other for the 100th time

yea the thought of how many pokemon with unique moves would be feasible in a game like what i described, not to mention all the loading screens in each encounter breaking the flow of the game since encounters are 90% of mainline pokemon games. I just wish nintendo would do something different like they have with all their other franchises and im not sure moving from 2d to 3d is anything but trying to keep up with the times

What is it about Pokemon that makes so many people defend it? Saying a feature shouldn't have been expected because it would be "too much work for the devs" isn't fucking normal.

Attached: im_out.gif (500x262, 985K)

Sounds like Pokemon.

May be time for you to go find a new franchise?

Because like most Nintendo products, it is linked with the key feature that blinds all sense, Nostalgia. If you attack Pokémon, or any other IP, people take it as a PERSONAL attack, this doesn't help that people falseflag as the worst type, typing it riles some people. So it puts them all into defensive mode.

Uh. No.

Because people who like Pokemon expect it to be like Pokemon.

They aren't looking for changes or a bunch of random new features people think would be "better," they just want Pokemon. Going around a world, fighting battles, collecting pokemon, etc.

Everything else is fluff and it's all Yea Forums ever focuses on. Fluff.

This would be an argument if the game actually looked like a current-gen game. But it doesn't; it looks like an early Gamecube game. Even pre-optimization there's no reason it should run at 20 fucking frames per second.

For some unexplained fucking reason, probably nostalgia + emotional value invested on the franchise, people start puring onions out of their asses as long as they see anything pokemon related, that's official.
For some fucking farfetched reason behind my understanding too, fans could make the best game ever, they would not give the slightiest inch of a fuck. But if nintendo releases it? Oh boy here comes the money.

Completely ridiculous.

>But I have to ask, if you're unhappy with how pokemon is currently handled, why continue to buy the games?
I stopped after gen 4 since I was thoroughly disappointed with it and didn't buy another one until gen 7 since it looked like they actually made some changes in the correct direction(no grid movement, no HMs). It was still a piece of shit so unless Pokemon changes in an extreme way the series is dead to me. No reason to buy games from devs that openly insult their fans. It doesn't help that non Pokemon monster raising games are hardly made/translated anymore. I'd kill for DQMJ3 to be released here, or the remakes of DQM1&2.

Who cares what it looks like?

I’ve hated every Pokémon game since X and Y, that one was okay. But I have hope for S&S.

>Yea Forums

>I wish it was a 4k, 60fps, high-fidelity game with open world, vast expanses of land and pokemon everywhere, and tons of new features

>Pokemon Company
>Here's Pokemon 101

>Yea Forums

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEE

>sells 20 million copies

Not the same user, but i've been skipping pokemon since XY, i don't have the same issues and don't get the same level of dissapointment fron other nintendo franchises. Got my switch for smash, metroid and bayo. It's just that pokemon looks lazier every generation.

This logic is so retarded I don't even know where to begin, but I'll bite.
Imagine a world where Super Mario 64 never happened because "People expect Mario to be like Mario so why move it to a 3D environment, that's not Mario, I expect levels to begin and end!!".

with consumers like this, who needs cope. this embodies cope. so what you're saying is you want the same thing, again and again and again? This HAS to be bait, surely

Attached: 1408421310629.gif (500x375, 498K)

I don't usually call out cope, but if asking for pokemon to never advance because you know it never will in the hands of GF isn't cope, then I don't know what is.

This is bullshit because the only F design is the BW2 male.

Huh

Mario 64 is literally Mario in 3D. It is so revolutionary because they translated the 2D to 3D so well.

No one needs cope. I don't buy Pokemon. But this is LITERALLY Pokemon in every way, shape, and form, as it has always been. You are the only one expecting more.

Are either of you suggesting I'm wrong? You realise how retarded that is, right? This has the most going for it as a mainline Pokemon game ever. I'll stop short of saying that it will sell 20 million extra switches but there will be another huge sales boost like there was with smash and this game will sell over 10 million copies in its first month alone. *Possibly* (heavy emphasis on possibly) in its first week.

>asking for pokemon to never advance

You mean asking for a different game. Because the shit you want isn't Pokemon. Pokemon is about collecting monsters and battling them in a world with gyms and other trainers.

It's like saying Tetris needs to advance beyond matching blocks, or Mario needs to advance beyond platforming levels. You're one of those fucking idiots who wants an Ice Climber or F-Zero open world game I bet.

Attached: 1550899651154.png (531x558, 407K)

>452700413
>It is so revolutionary because they translated the 2D to 3D so well.
What in the fuck are you even saying. Not even giving you a [you] for this.

Cool post. Later, homo.

>Name it.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

It would make sense manchildren bitching and whining about #NOTMYPOKEMON would also not understand what made Mario 64 good.

Mario 64 is good because IT WAS THE SAME GAME, in 3D. They didn't change it radically or make it unfamiliar.

You are trying to say they should change Pokemon by using Mario 64 as an example. They didn't change Mario to make Mario 64, you fucking moron. They kept the formula identical.

Attached: DcUTJGBW4AA8yfo.jpg (640x640, 55K)

tetris was not a good example because it just did advance, to battle royale.

also no to ice climbers and f-zero, why the fuck would you want that? pokemon is the PERFECT game for open world

see
There is nothing wrong with expanding, and expecting more. Esepically from, and when I say this, I don't say this lightly, quite litterally the biggest IP of all time, maybe under star wars? I'm not sure if star wars > pokemon but pokemon is a billion dollar franchise.

I stopped buying after Sun Moon
I was already extremely skeptical after X Y, but I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt
needless to say I don't support them anymore

Like I said, they DO do something different. We've had DRPGs, TRPGs, a semi-traditional fighting game, creature raising games, pinball, whatever the fuck you would call Ranger, puzzle games of various types, AR games etc. Pokemon has had games in all sorts of genres.

There's no reason to change the main series from being turn based RPG. ESPECIALLY considering the series is so heavily about iterating on its core concept and continued legacy support of your own Pokemon.

>tetris was not a good example because it just did advance, to battle royale.

AH. Just stick BATTLE ROYALE on Pokemon, then? What a smart, astute fellow. What a good example of Tetris changing for the better and not just catching a trend.

>POKEMON NEEDS TO BE OPEN WORLD REEE

Lmfao. You're literally autistic.

Attached: a2594603360_16.jpg (700x700, 49K)

Do you realise how much work is involved in creating complex 3D animations for hundreds of Pokemon?

I've been playing since Red and Blue and am significantly emotionally invested. Each new game typically has shortcomings and they're easy to expect (there hasn't been a Battle Frontier since Gen 4 or anything like it since 5 for example) but at the same time they're still great games that I consistently put 100 hours into each release.

Then again I'm not a negative nancy so you might not mean me, I think Sword and Shield are pretty cool.

I'm so happy the people bitching and whining in here don't get what they want. I saw a trailer, said, "Yep that's pokemon, I'm buying it" and moved on with my life. Thought it looked great.

And here we have people spending time out of their lives almost screeching about how it's not a game for them and how gamefreak never does what they want.

Good. Don't buy it. Also find a new franchise to go screech about. I hope Gamefreak releases the same kind of Pokemon and you people are always BTFO again and again. I love it and I'm glad it's not what you want because you being upset fuels me.

I think with a franchise as big as Pokémon it wouldn't really matter. It's going to sell well no matter what.

For what it's worth, I did stop buying them after X and Y.

Do you realize pokemon is the single most profitable entertainment brand of all time? No hyperbole, it really is.

Mario 64 was good because it took the design principles of 2d platforming and applied them to 3d platforming.

Stop moving goalposts after being called out on changing the way the game is played and then hitting back venomously, it makes you look like you're losing and panicking.

>POKEMON NEEDS TO BE OPEN WORLD REE also adding "you're literally autistic"

Stop acting and projecting your own vision of things, if you don't have a reply, it's fine. If you wanted me to just say cope post, all you had to do is ask. If you can't discuss, then I'll drop it user.

Sun and Moon was legitimately awful, and this looks exactly the same but upscaled. Good for you if you like it, but the series really has gone downhill.

the very definition of a cope post. having to enter a thread, and talk to himself to justify it lmao

Stop coping

Not him but I liked Sun and Moon. I get the complaints about the overuse of cutscenes early on though.

because these are games made for children

They capped the entire trailer at 24 fps.
I think it's because of the 3D cinematic with the starters afterwards being rendered to that.
There's no reason why in-engine footage wouldn't be higher than that. We'll see at E3.

I WANT OPEN WORLD VIRTUAL REALITY AUTISTIC SECOND LIFE SIMULATOR NOOOOOOWW

That doesn't mean that they have infinite capacity to do anything. There are so many different forms of Pokemon that the amount of work involved in making the animations, building a battle system which is fun with any Pokemon and balancing that system is enormous. Far greater than the effort that went in to games which took big studios 5+ years to make like RDR/KH.

is this jumpscare?
because i just get a creepy music

kek and gaypilled
is there fog outside?

XY made me pissed and I stopped buying them after that. I did pirate SM however.
Not sure I will bother with this one at all. Tired of gamefreak's shit.

thats fine. i just realized what I want is coliseum with pokken type battles. if i remember correctly coliseum didnt have a large roster pokemon either. it seems possible for a game like this if the story is self contained. still too much work if they had to design specific moves or at least unique movements for each pokemon. a man can dream

>die gamefreak i hate you thread
>uuuuuuuuuhm guys do you like it or not hehehehehe?
die nintendog!

Attached: NLDugGD.jpg (645x729, 34K)

So how much better is this game gonna look on an emulator?

Stockholm syndrome. I know tha games are going to disappoint me, but I keep wanting to see HOW they disappoint me.

Can't wait to get interrupted every other second. Second playthroughs are going to be an impossible task.

Attached: 1476304066406.jpg (654x471, 53K)

kinda makes me miss the Lain neocities site

HGSS was the peak Pokemon experience. Having the Battle Frontier from Platinum with online co-op (before the servers were shut down), rematches with Gym Leaders, conveniences and modernization in many aspects (like having newer Pokemon coexist with the old ones through means like the Region Sounds radio music and swarms), extra, optional characterization for the entire cast, the Pokeathlon, some entirely new concepts like the customizable Safari Zone, complete with rare mons, and minor visual changes like following Pokemon really made everything feel like a complete package instead of seeming like something's missing or just the "same old" Pokemon fare.
A game with that sheer amount of content is all I'm really asking for, but it still hasn't been topped, and I think it might just be better to keep sticking with HGSS because of that.

Attached: BF08510C-C398-4F0D-9981-1FBE4E962D2C.jpg (650x498, 170K)

Who the fuck actually wants this. it's fucking horrible.

>have the biggest franchise in the world
>settle for mediocre graphics like that
gamefreak is the definition of mediocrity

Pokemon is one of the most profitable franchises in history, if not THE most profitable. GF has absolutely no excuse, and if they continue to just do the same exact shit with every release the number of Pokemon is just going to go up and up and up and the work will be that much more if they ever attempted to do anything like that in the future.

No one is saying they have to make complex animations for all Pokemon at once. Imagine if they took the 3rd Gen 1 remake and actually put effort into it instead of just being Pokemon Go on console. That game only had 153 Pokemon in it so only effort for them would've been required. After a few releases they could be caught up.

skyward sword on dolphin looks better than this. prove me wrong

I expected Gen 7 in HD, so I'm not surprised. But I still feel disappointed. I assumed it would be as visually polished as LGPE, but no, it's a blurry mess.

The fact people were expecting this game too look like Dragon Quest or Xenoblade 2 is hilarious because that was never happening and that was obvious from the very start.

At this point I'm in it for the new Pokemon and nothing else. It's the only reason I bothered with Sun and Moon despite having every reason to quit the same 30 minutes in, I liked the Gen 7 Pokemon that much. We'll see what happens with Galar, but so far I really like the starters.

Is this how SMT begins now?

based

Could have been a lot worse honestly.
I'm happy they went for a small and empty world instead of a big and empty world.

Indeed. While the girls are cute and the cunny game is strong, the amount of cutscenes has gotten excessive.

Attached: 1442803181523.jpg (600x804, 64K)

No, Nintendo still makes excellent games, gamefreak is at fault here, I can't think of a dev company lazier than gamefreak

>rematches with Gym Leaders
I can't in good concience give this a + point when it was badly implemented.
Platinum gave you three to four battles with gym leaders and important trainers a day.
HGSS made you have to phone the leaders at specific times of the week to rematch them.
I enjoyed the fetch quest to get the numbers but hated the way you had to rematch them.

>twitterposting

Attached: 1536288947965.jpg (1024x619, 50K)

fucking final fantasy xii on switch looks better than this gamefreak shit

Attached: qypzG9x.jpg (960x540, 87K)

People really underestimate just how much work that is, not to mention whether it would even possible to design a 3D battle system with any depth where playing as Caterpie, Staryu, Scyther, Gyarados and Magnemite are all actually fun.

Was expecting something worse to be honest. Will reserve judgement until I see the rest of the pokemons.

>I can't think of a dev company lazier than gamefreak
Bethesda is just as lazy. At least GF manages to consistantly shit out a garbage game every few years, Bethesda takes longer and STILL manages to make the game worse than the one before it. In fact I'd say Bethesda is worse since you're supposed to accept the fact that their game will be massively bugged at release and after a years worth of constant patching the game will STILL be bugged to hell and back.

the dude literally ripped off the fauux lain website

>People really underestimate just how much work that is
Not an excuse
>not to mention whether it would even possible to design a 3D battle system with any depth where playing as Caterpie, Staryu, Scyther, Gyarados and Magnemite are all actually fun.
I don't know about you but Staryu, Scyther, Gyrados, and Magnemite could all be fun to play as. Caterpie would be shit just like it has been since day 1. Not every Pokemon is created equal, this has been true for every single game in the series.

>MB2
I'm convinced that anyone who buys Jedi Academy buys it for that mod alone.

It's called putting effort in.

Still would've preferred to have a chapter system similar to 1 and 2 as choices felt like they didn't matter too much in this game, but still pleased with what we got.

It's funny how GF literally can do anything with pokemon on the name and they are still going to sell +10 millions

They where lazy since the Wii/DS era and they are still selling without problems

Attached: 1532475621066.png (477x530, 428K)

The thing I hate most about this is that I'll have to buy the stupid switch online for this game.

how much did lets go and sun moon sell?

OMINOUS I like that

Attached: 1551260983370.png (720x720, 519K)

Rockstar?

>tfw piratechad still enjoying pokemon
>tfw don't get buttmad for gamefreak laziness

Attached: 146838889699.gif (500x281, 873K)

>considering to buy this pile of shit
oh the switch online should be your smallest problem brainlet

>reee need to hate
NPC detected.

>stop hating my childhoodgame reeeee
>i will eat anything shitfreak puts in my bowl as long as it is labled pokemon
t.nintendog

Thanks I luv this kinda stuff

Attached: 085E071B-45BA-495C-957C-22105A7F99E8.png (166x304, 9K)

Just give me a pokemon mmo already.

Yeah and Justin Bieber is also a great singer because he sold a lot of tickets

>Not an excuse

Really? You think a game developer should be expected to put an unlimited amount of work in to a game to deliver a feature that you want?

We would all love that but there's a line where it's simply not feasible from a business perspective.

>no porn
What's the point. I've been to a few sites like this that have hidden porn throughout it. It's eye rape without the pleasant surprise every once in a while.

Literally a scripted robotic response lmfao. Can't even use t. meme right

cuckstar wishes they were as rich as the pokemon company
>Pokemon, which started off as a video game in 1996, is the largest media franchise in the world in terms of revenue. As of 2018, the Pokemon media franchise comprising of video games, trading cards, anime, merchandise, and licensed deals has grossed USD59.1 billion worldwide.

Nice

t.nintendog

>Really? You think a game developer should be expected to put an unlimited amount of work in to a game to deliver a feature that you want?
I think the developers of the most profitable franchise in history should put more effort into their games than the absolute bare minimum that GF has been doing for over a decade now. If you think putting in effort little by little is "unlimited amount of work" you have brain damage.

Oh wow a real shit post

>T. Retard robot calling himself a nintendog
Hahahaha

This is because this game is a 3ds title ported to the damn switch.

>>expected innovation of the formula

Why the hell would you expect this? Every single Pokemon game has been the same since the VERY FIRST ONE.

What game are you talking about?

eh niggers, pokemon has always been a casual game for underages. getting mad at gamefreak is like getting mad at fisherprice for making toddlerd toys.

Attached: 1550958687911.webm (400x300, 2.68M)

LOL nintendogs dont even get the memes

That’s the design behind like every new game sense like gen 4 or whatever like if they took each unique feature from each game and put it into one they could actually have a decent game but they wouldn’t know how to sell there other ones because they are incompetent so they use bait and it works everytime

You need to download the demo of a game called pokemon generations. THAT IS HOW EVERY POKEMON GAME SHOULD FUCKING BE.

>Hahahaha
fuck off redit

I'm still waiting for another B/W tier entry. I want Masuda and crew to have that sheer confidence and drive behind what they're making again even if it upsets some of the purists.

Attached: 185px-Black_White_Hilbert.png (185x436, 83K)

Not hard at all. ANd what makes the animations have to be complex?

No I have a really detalited Austic ideas that would make it better but probably add layers of confusion also ideas for a whole fusion system

>popular thing bad
You are not cool or interesting for disliking popular things

It's time.

Attached: [Stands Up].png (1145x1210, 1.18M)

>little by little
We would all be dead by the time it came out.

Yes GF could and should be doing so much more with the existing formula, but overhauling it in to a real-time 3D action game which is actually fun whilst remaining true to the spirit of the original games is a fuck ton more difficult than you realise.

I'm excited, but I was expecting way worse and I haven't played a Pokemon game since RSE.

what is it?

>They know that the majority of the Pokémon audience is, so they make the same game for them repeatedly to help soothe them

God guy Gamefreak

Attached: 1549996560080.png (678x690, 360K)

The purge.

Not gonna lie, that looks comfy as fuck

>posting shit made by the iFunny team
What has happened to Yea Forums

The only one with brain damage here is you if you seriously can't grasp the amount of time and work a company would need to make 800 fucking models or wathever the current number of pokemons is and give each one their unique animations.

A reminder that every single person who still plays video "games" in the year of our lord is an absolute chump. There has literally not been one good game released anywhere on any platform since 2012. Mass Effect 3 was the death knell for this shit industry. And there has been literally nothing good ever since.
You will have more fun playing Connect Four or Monopoly than playing any game from this kusoge decade.

yes yes congratulations on advertising it for free
nintendo truly does owe its success to retards like you, you've proved your point actually
i was foolish

why does this webm exist

What outcast mod is this?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

It’s sure is
Neilen zhe dwah marin ku tah zein kemalstein daynawdah taruin

>We would all be dead by the time it came out.
Not really, GF would just have to not be lazy sacks of shit. GF is so fucking rich they could hire a team to exclusively work on animations and I guaran-fucking-tee it wouldn't take more than a generation or two to be caught up. They just don't give a fuck since they know they don't have to since they can do the absolute minimum of work and sell millions. There is 0 incentive for them to do anything more.

>The only one with brain damage here is you if you seriously can't grasp the amount of time and work a company would need to make 800 fucking models or wathever the current number of pokemons is and give each one their unique animations.
The models are already done. Giving them unique animations is absolutely nothing for the biggest franchise in the world.

i wish i had a GF

Attached: PAIN.png (237x277, 152K)

I'm fine with everything except the warm filter. The blue and orange undertones are too strong imo, need greener greens and bluer skies, just my personal taste though that would make the artstyle more appealing in my eyes.

Ηaha imagine the tears when people will see a dozen of cutscenes with this type of new graphics. I'm already bored. Why don't they give the option to SKIP cutscenes ffs.

Competitiveshitter here. That sounds pretty solid. Unrealistic given the amount of animations and assets needed, and the fact that battles could drag on forever during normal gameplay but I wouldn't mind a game like that.

Fucking eat some fiber.

>full sets of animations for 800+ unique . Pokemon
>absolutely nothing

You are just wrong. Even for a company as big as GF.

>Why don't they give the option to SKIP cutscenes ffs.
Game Freak thinks so little of their players that they would never do this. They would see the ability to skip cutscenes as potentially not knowing where to go or what to do next.

It’s impossible because there is like 800 Pokémon and for every move it learns

>autistic sperg rage over babby game not being an escapist autism simulator so you can forget that your an autistic faggot who will never fuck a cartoon animal
J U S T
U
S
T

Don't you guys ever get tired of being salty about everything?

Attached: goku.png (2248x2363, 635K)

I only criticize things that are deserving of it, and Pokemon in its current state deserves it more than ever for being lazy, incompetent dogshit that's served without any consideration or respect for the customer like shitty fast food.
It's gotten to the point of being insulting.

>Yeah, but they had a few good aspects like over world Pokemon
it wasn't good

Attached: 1551299577739.jpg (770x428, 45K)

>People actually want huge towns with a hundred buildings in a Pokemon game
Why
How would this benefit anyone?

The biggest franchise part is irrelevant. Wathever amount Pokemon company makes yearly or wathever does not mean that's what Gamefreak is gonna have for budget to work on the games.
Rather than lazy, Gamefreak has been trying to shit a new game every year, with a two years gap between new generations usually. If they expanded their staff and actually bothered to take the proper time to work on the game, three or even four years, then perhaps it would be feasible. Eventually a moment would come where they will have to update the current models and redo all animations, two or three or even four geberatkons later and by then the amount of work would bevome insane.
Anyway Gamefreak deffinetely needs more capable staff as they have shown time and again they're pretty incopetent.

why is this funny

ummm sweatie

Attached: 1544959694408.png (900x675, 62K)

Have you ever thought that you're not the customer in mind for these games? That the type of player like you aren't the focus at all for the developer? Not like you're entirely wrong tho.

comfy

Sun and Moon. Before that, X and Y and before that Black and White.

Attached: DqMMuDZUUAARB1G.jpg (547x588, 43K)

You could only access a small handul of those buildings. Many of them barely had anything in them, making you wonder why they were even fucking there.

Typing stuff online is not exactly exhausting mehico-kun

>that pic
It looks like she has a fleshy tail and it's freaking me out!

Expectations succeeded. It looks better than what I imagined and the setting looks confy to explore.

Unless GF intends to have the series stay exactly the same for all eternity they have to start sometime. The longer time goes on and the more games get made that's just more and more work to do in the future if they DO chose to change things up.

The "muh gorillian pokemon" excuse just doesn't fly when GF recycles the same animations game after game after game. GF says they want Lets Go to run side by side with the mainline games. Lets Go only has the original Pokemon. The next Lets Go will probably be Johto and only have the Pokemon found in gen 2. What the fuck is stopping them from updating the animations other than pure laziness and knowing it'll sell millions even if it has animations reused from 5 games ago?

>The biggest franchise part is irrelevant. Wathever amount Pokemon company makes yearly or wathever does not mean that's what Gamefreak is gonna have for budget to work on the games.
GF has whatever the fuck budget they want to put into the game. If they choose to put only 0.000000000001% of their gold hoard into the games that's entirely on them.
>If they expanded their staff and actually bothered to take the proper time to work on the game, three or even four years, then perhaps it would be feasible.
They could hire an entire team whose sole purpose is to work on animations if they wanted.
>Eventually a moment would come where they will have to update the current models and redo all animations, two or three or even four geberatkons later and by then the amount of work would bevome insane.
The models are more or less future proof.

Even /vp/ hates this game so far.

See

Because they all know it's just X/Y and S/M all over again.

>Graphics looks like utter shit
>So do the starters
>Following pokemon removed
Gamefreak being lazy as hell doesn't bode well for the rest of the game.

Not every city needs to be the size of a metropolis but at least one or two per pokemon game wouldn't hurt anyone. Also you don't need to make every single building available, but you can't have people only be able to visit like two like they did in B/W.

so(n)y fags are sure on damage control, pathetic.

no one will respond to this low effort bait this late into a 400 post thread, faggot

You have no idea what you're talking about.
>GF has whatever the fuck budget they want to put into the game. If they choose to put only 0.000000000001% of their gold hoard into the games that's entirely on them.
That's not how budget works.
>They could hire an entire team whose sole purpose is to work on animations if they wanted.
I dunno how big a company gamefreak currently is nor what their actual budget is, but even hiring is depending on the company's budget. Even if they wanted to hire a big team, they might or might not be able to. There are limitations to this. Also I'm gonna be a retard and mention that the animation team usually that's what it does, just animations.
>Eventually a moment would come where they will have to update the current models and redo all animations, two or three or even four geberatkons later and by then the amount of work would bevome insane.
The fuck is future proof? the models can't be recycled forever, there will be a point in time where the models, rigging, and even textures will need to be redone or updated, plus the new additions that new generations would bring, characters, escenarios and whatnot. In a case where Gamefreak actually decides to take it's time to properly animate every character in the game, the space between releases would grow considerably even reussing assets, and once again, become a troublesome situation once the need to update arises.
It's possible, but not something Gamefreak can actually handle in it's current position nor that can just magically pull out of nowhere effortlessly.

Attached: 1548062910132.jpg (480x360, 21K)

See

Don't give up user, try your best at being a proper human being and I'm sure you will eventually get your gf!

wait, so what are people reeeeeing about exactly? that it's not an up down left right bird's eye gameboy rpg? or that it's not some magic combination of BotW and Pokemon?

b-but its beta

>that it's not some magic combination of BotW and Pokemon
This

its a pile of shit even compared to a 10 year old game
its literally a 3ds game

Attached: 1551354103358.jpg (1280x1440, 1.05M)

>1280 width
none of those games run at that res. use actual final resolution for both before posting again

Attached: 1500507849655.png (500x500, 387K)

go suck nintendo cocks somewhere else

looks like shit and bottom one probably has boring af gameplay

damn i actually didnt get the hate that much until i saw this. holy shit its like we're litterally 15 years in the past. this kind of crap is just unacceptable.

I mean, yeah, its not final game footage but come on.

Attached: 1529853743714.jpg (556x556, 63K)

top one also has boring gameplay

youtu.be/3bUYx8h8TwA

youtu.be/6wrsbh-0fMA

youtu.be/mAR-8JTdcVw

Attached: 1548395210578.jpg (450x600, 38K)

Some people have valid complains, but basically that it isn't Breath of the Wild Pokemon yes.

This is literally just viral marketing for this guy's novel. Look his name up, Angus Nicneven, he wrote a book called Stars Bleed in this universe, you can find it on Amazon and the product description mentions the website.

Looks like an upscaled 3ds game.

Shame for you and the dude but I'm too lazy to read.

Attached: 1530821609117.jpg (500x336, 17K)

They didn't make anything interesting and I am gonna skip that one the same I did any pokemon game after x and y.

This is why I love nintendo developped games, they take their IP ino new directions, taking risk, and it ends up being great more often than not. Game freak will never try taking their main game anywhere and it's truly unfortunate.

Terminal 44527 has some sweet songs on it.

Attached: a-ok.png (600x525, 94K)

>PSAS
Stupid abbreviation
Also the game isnt fucking out yet. So how is it the worst? That title belongs to LGPE.

everyone complaining about the overworld graphics when the new starters are easily the laziest turd GF has ever shat out. When they show up in the trailer they may as well of been t-posing. All are round and bland so it's easy to draw them for the anime and make merchandise. If these 3 got leaked before the trailer NO ONE would of believed it was real.

Reminder that Genius Sonority figured out how to make a 3D Pokemon game long before GameFreak did. All GameFreak had to do was follow their example and expand it to a full regional adventure.

What the fuck are you faggots upset over this time? first it was ugh no random encounters now its ugh random encounters? what the fuck is it?

Right, but don't you get exhausted? Being so angry and salty about everything for no real reason must take a lot of energy.

I bet if something like this happened Yea Forums would be full of people calling it souless

>It's gotten to the point of being insulting.
Also, wat. How can you be so entitled that you think a game release, that seems no better or worse than any other in the series, is somehow an insult to you? You do realise how fucking mental that sounds?

Attached: tomo.png (1437x1048, 626K)

There was exactly zero chance for any Pokemon trailer to get a positive response on Yea Forums no matter what it contained

>A Japanese company not wanting to do a region in China
Really makes you think, doesnt it?

Can't wait til it releases and the honeymoon period wears off and everyone is disappointed like it's been every time since XY.
It's all so tiresome.

Attached: 1356118017893.jpg (600x681, 79K)

Are you retarded?

Attached: SLSEXJ-21.jpg (1920x2483, 3.19M)

Hang yourself if you feel GF is insulting you so much. The real insult is Capcom charging $60 for RE Origins, with one of the games being a download voucher. At least you'll be getting everything on the cart, you self entitled piece of trash crybaby roasted faggobot.

Attached: haha! wow.png (198x181, 81K)

Because the basics of the game, and the general ideas behind it are good. Adventure, collect, battle etc. Some people want to change everything about the game. They want real time battles, that want mmo, and other things that change the game entirely

>PSAS
what the fuck does this even stand for?
It's SS u dumb fuck

what's that left game?

Problem Child 2

Last Story.

Imagine being so much of a zoomer you don't recognize operation rainfall games.

>people bitch about MUH OPEN WORLD SUCKS BECAUSE THERE'S NO SENSE OF PROGRESSION

>now they bitch about MUH LINEAR REGION, GOD WHY ISN'T POKEMON OPEN WORLD???

>why doesn't this huge game with a massive world to explore look as good as my HD retexture emulation of a menu-driven jrpg with only a handful of small, detailed worldspaces reeeeee

Your impotent whinging makes the game's inevitable success all the more fun.

Attached: FB_IMG_1551284524996.jpg (723x721, 54K)

>this is minimum the third thread he's posted pigshit ugly Rorona and her ugly game in

it looks like Last Story. it's a great wii jrpg if you're into that kind of thing, but it doesn't actually look as good as those pics and the textures are pretty average for a wii game of the time. those screens are definitely from an emulator with HD support and not the original wii hardware.

Because Gamefreak is shit, that's the whole point.

You're angry that the games have a formula they follow instead of changing drastically every generation.

>Yea Forums is one person
I like open world when they aren't Empty slabs of shit.

All Dolphin does is resolution, and games are even missing effects like sun rays on Dolphin.

good. that was the worst part of Let's Go

>buy
I'm convinced you're under 18

Have the artists at Gamefreak ever gone outside?
Nowhere in England looks like that.
The English country side is green, not yellow and brown

>he didn't buy it when it came out

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are my two most played PC games of all time.

Does anyone else feel like the water starter looks way too much like pic related?

Attached: here'syourstarter,faggot.jpg (224x224, 8K)

>I'm convinced anyone buys it just for this mod
If you're still buying JA in 2019 you are a fucking idiot.

Pokemon knows the North is the true powerhouse of the UK

but that point isn't made because not only is nupokemon a much larger game than atelier menurona but the textures are actually more detailed, even when compared to the high resolution emulated version of rorona that virtually nobody actually got to play.

>shitty graphics even tho it is a new system
>removing features like wild pokemon in overworld
>cartoonish pokemon style to cater to children (just look at how big their head is proportional to their body)
>lacks any kind of imagination and innovation
So this is the same game they are doing for several generations with -hardly- new graphics.

I love pokemon but it pains me to see it dying in the hands of such an incompetent company.

Attached: 1413064582774.jpg (225x225, 7K)

I mean, it is literally aimed at children. Pokemon has always been aimed at children.

I agree, but
>removing features like wild pokemon in overworld
is good because its a shitty feature.

I hate him so much.

Attached: 1447704917935.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

Sure, both games look shit. Doesn't change there are literal GameCube and maybe even PS2 games that look more appealing than Pokéshit.

>T-this is nintendogaf!
>Daily Nintendo hate threads
UHHH HUHHH

>ORAS designs above Emerald designs.
>Emerald designs that low.
I know i'm late but holy shit fuck you and your garbage taste.

>making the world feel alive and filled with wildlife is a shitty feature

The first, second and third generation games are very well made, complex and challenging

Fourth one is also well-made and it even took some risk and choose a very heavy story.

Fifth one is the most adult, it questions morallity of catching pokemon.
Problem started with the fifth one because, it was aimed at a more adult audience but it bombed. So nintendo decided to just make a simple game with simple graphics and story.

They sold well but in general, they were shit. I played all of them but i don't remember a thing. They were forgottable and didn't take any risks.

I'm not saying that they should make the game extremely adult, but the games they are making now have no value or art in it. They are just money-grabs for dumb children.

Gamefreak does this all the time tho, they remove features people like for some reason i don't understand.

My expectations were that
>They would do the bare minimum graphically
>They would bring back gyms even though they fucking suck
>The starters would go even harder into toyetic territory
>Ohmori would be directing
So consider my expectations met. No I'm not excited.

>tfw realized gf is gimping pokemon on purpose a long time ago after they had that one discussion on whether or not to make a pokemon MMO

their target audience is little kids with short attention spans and brief playtimes, anyone complaining about pokemon gameplay or graphics is mentally arrested

Attached: bikachu.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Here's the thing: There's plenty of games suitable for children which actually respect the player and strive to make the most of what they are. Games like Super Mario Odyssey can be picked up and enjoyed by kids, but they have high skill ceilings and loads of secrets. They can be challenging and have depth to them.

Sort of like how there are movies and shows, for example, Batman: The Animated Series or Toy Story, which are "aimed at" kids but which have actual effort put behind them. Sure they don't tackle "mature" themes or have graphic things that wouldn't be suitable for children, but people of all ages can enjoy them.

Gamefreak does NOT do this. They don't respect their audience, plain and simple. They don't care about giving them something fresh, striving for something new, or doing anything interesting. They don't even give a fuck about recapturing the magic that was made for kids back in the 90's on gameboy with gameboy limitations. They're just fucking HACKS. They're lazy and cashing in and it's obvious.

I'd be surprised if that many kids actually end up playing these games. I'm pretty sure the Pokemon series is largely kept alive by /vp/ types.

oh my

Attached: 1519057769308.gif (250x271, 991K)

do children even care about pokemon anymore. I imagine they all just play phone games or fortnite now.

>Measuda removes challenging battles because he is afraid of losing kids attention
>So he gets his shadow director to add 500 boring cut scenes
This man is a paradox

Attached: 45678987654.jpg (1440x1080, 220K)

You're not wrong, but still. in escense it was and still is a game targeted at kids. That doesn't make it's current state less saddening or dissapointing, but it's not hard to see why Gamefreak would choose to go this direction.

children of millennial gamers are playing pokemon because their parents are still playing pokemon. children of millennial normies are playing fortnite because it's a "known" thing and their parents just want something that's been socially vetted and can babysit their brats for them without having to think too hard about it.

It's always been millenials or 90s kids or whatever you want to call them.
Pokemon is dying a slow death.

Its shitty because the world doesnt seem alive just because of a few Pokemon walking around. But more importantly, it destroys that sense of surprise when discovering new Pokemon, because you can just walk past everything till you see one you would like to catch.

Attached: 1550235819954.jpg (762x656, 55K)

Children of millennials aren’t ‘playing’ Pokémon. They’re just forced to watch their parents play.

>Nobody in pokemon should be able to use their eyes to look more than one feet away!

Attached: suicid.gif (500x281, 365K)

Pokémon's been in the game for too long with no competition for any potential rival to really compete for my attention. It's built a massive catalogue of monsters and the truth is the formula is so good, so well realized, that it would take a herculean effort to truly ruin it. Despite what people say, GameFreak is actually pretty tight on quality control, something that most people don't notice since it's the job of the programmers to go unnoticed. They are bums in most other areas though, and will continually rationalize making the main playthrough a braindead experience lacking in features.

I can skip out on entries like ORAS, USUM, and LGPE, but eventually I'm going to get the urge to play some new Pokémon, and only Pokémon's going to do that job.

>Fifth one is the most adult, it questions morallity of catching pokemon.
Up until the last 15 minutes of B/W when the morality crisis is revealed to be a big sham, and then B2/W2 goes right back to status-quo.

Make a webcomic about realism in Pokemon if you want, you faggot. Gameplay wise, its still a shitty feature.

Blastoise took it's canons for all of it's special based attacks and the Hydro Pump animation was those two water missiles for every mon that used it. That was all just a happy co-inky-dink

>high school
>whats a military academy
I fucking hate you brainlets

It'll be as much of a military academy as Coldsteel's.

Because degenerated pokefags don't have any self respect and will buy it anyway.

That actually looks dope.

I don't play pokeshit anymore, but this seems like an alright way to spend an afternoon

It looks fine I just hate that they got rid of overworld encounters and following/riding pokemon. It really irritated me when I went back to watch the trailer again and Ohmori said something about they were working on making this the best Pokemon game yet they didn't put these things I had been waiting for years and years for in while these great additions are stuck in the Let's Go games. And the hallways are still there. I want to explore. I don't need an open world game but let me have somewhere to explore instead of leading me down a path by the nose the whole game.

Attached: 1537148290165.png (346x169, 4K)

>no free camera
Never got their excuse
What about a compromise, give us a somewhat linear path but let us go on detours and stuff before the post game more often

Attached: 1502129278448.png (491x297, 401K)

>The game will easily make over a billion. Put some money into it
Why bother when the game will make a profit anyway?

This guy gets it

Attached: 1478654267954.png (1800x1800, 519K)

Should I know who this is?

This. It looks stupid and makes navigation a pain because now you have to avoid Pokemon that animatronically wander around and spawn in front of you instead of just avoiding grassy areas.

Unless GameFreak is going to actually meaningfully incorporate Pokemon into the overworld and add some depth to the encounter/catching system, overworld encounters are just something that makes zoomers and retards clap because it "makes the world feel real", when in actuality it's just trading one kind of random (encounter) for another kind of random (spawns), with the latter actually being far more intrusive and annoying to gameplay without offering any tangible benefit beyond seeing more of GF's ugly-ass 3D models.

>It's more fun to fight twenty fucking zubat instead of tracking something you want!
Or alternatively.
>Games can't be too fun, you can't just get what you want, you need to bloat the game up with grind mechanics!
Random encounters were never good.

its what i expected from gamefreak, they barely tried with the visuals again, they made another 3ds pokemon game for the switch

I kno rite? Pokemon should just be a simple text adventure with nothing but endless wilderness, catching and battling involving a random number generator. Graphics and atmosphere are for fucking soiboys.

Better question; how does NOT having them benefit anyone?

Retard.

>without offering any tangible benefit beyond seeing more of GF's ugly-ass 3D models.
Atmosphere, makes the world not look completely devoid of life like in the promo.

Castelia City, dumbass. At least fifty buildings and only about ten of them can actually be entered.

Pokemon GO is the only good Pokemon game.
There, I said it.

It wastes development resources on something that adds nothing to the game?

Retard.

>angusnicneven.com/allc
literally some faggots way of elaborately marketing his 2edgy4u dark souls inspired novel

>they did it wrong once, so that means it can NEVER be done right!
Retard.

when you go FULL zoomer

How can anyone be so wrong and retarded at the same time?

So people want ugly, soulless overworld Pokemon to appear and wander around like zombies because that creates "atmosphere", but actually having immersive cities of different sizes and styles doesn't?

As retarded as GF is, they still manage to be smarter than their average consumer. I guess that's how they stay in business.

I'm 27

It actually looks better than I thought it would actually. So that was a nice surprise. I'm disappointed that they brought back random encounters and nixed following and riding pokemon. I had hoped that gen 8 and the Let's Go were developed at the same time and the good things from Let's Go would also be in the gen 8 games but would be tweaked to make it more traditional like overworld encounters leading into a wild battle instead of the ball throwing. I have mixed feelings, honestly.

So do both? That's actually what people want, the pokemon world feeling like a real world.
Just not have pokemon spawn but be always there doing shit with their life cycles and done.
Xenoblade could do it, there's no reason pokemon can't.

Did they actually edit fake applause into the trailer at the end? The fuck?

Attached: 1551029202455.jpg (588x600, 255K)

Nothing immersive when every building is the exact same copy-paste one-room interior, because that's what a fully-explorable city would end up being programmed as.

The souless asshole that took over in the direct after Masuda

NANI?!? NO ENCOUNTERS RIKE RETS GO?? BUT YOU NO RIKE RETS GO, GRASS, 3DS GAM- GUMEN GUMEN, SWITCHU GAME, 60 DORAR, YOU BUY, THANK YOU

I'd say just add npc roaming ones