Let's have a friendly JRPG thread. What are you playing at the moment...

Let's have a friendly JRPG thread. What are you playing at the moment? Anything on the horizon you're looking forward to?

SRPG and Japanese ARPG fans welcome to well!

Attached: ss-013.jpg (960x544, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6t0BoGiyjh4
youtube.com/watch?v=xVK9rgSujSI
mega.nz/#!Ddg00YCQ!VZYQvli4fMjy9Q1GDdsabnWp2t1_Bs8O1tlhTlxSZPA
youtube.com/watch?v=j54bLtp6sCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xX8eo3VKBAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ff14 :D

I completely forgot about this game. I dropped it like 3 times and could never stick with it. Was pretty good too, a shame.

Only RPG since the Torna DLC for me has been F/GO.
Nothing's looked that appealing for me to pick up on PS4 or Switch. Kind of a shame.
Pokemon SS is gonna be a real rocky decision on if I'll give in on it.

Attached: EdeaPirate.jpg (850x940, 699K)

>mfw the english version of that game made it so all your children would end up blacked unless you were super specific with your breeding

Atelier Ayesha. Finally came around to play it after buying it 4 years ago or so. I honestly didn't expect it to be this fun.

Attached: d918bd917f7e4226a8dc011c49d61b01.png (960x540, 251K)

Started Stella Glow on 3ds
Struggling with finishing Berseria on pc. Combat is terrible.

When the HECK will the tales of vesperia anniversary bundles be back in stock?

Floundering through Coded Soul; my Japanese is quite limited. It was a weird pseudo-sequel to Folklore on the PSP that never got released in the West. Last non-mobile game that Cozy Okada worked on, I'm fairly certain.

Here's a few things I've picked up so far

>set in 20XX
>the US army's been experimenting on Stargate-tier stuff that's connected to planes disappearing over the Bermuda triangle; game takes place in the world of "Idea" that's controlled by a psychic test subject of the Army's
>old man who's found in Idea says that it reminds him from something he read in an occult magazine from Britain (a pretty obvious reference to Keats and Unknown Realms)
>Karma system from Folklore returns
>90% of the monsters are recycled wholesale from Monster Kingdom and Folklore
>warp gates in dungeons are the stones seen in the cave underneath the village in Folklore
>camera view in dungeons is isometric
>dungeons are procedurely based
>upgrading gear and monsters is done via pic-related. It's heavily implied that she's a closeted lesbian and is in love with the protag's gf; her companion is an AI built into a robot cat dressed as a pirate named Meme, who's voiced by Norio Wakamoto

Attached: Estel.jpg (436x342, 25K)

Trying Xenoblade 2 once more. I gave up a year ago near the start of chapter 4.

KH3.

I'm considering trying Tales of Vesperia next because of played it, but idk. I kind of want to play something that has an old school battle system.

Atelier Shallie. It's my first Atelier since I don't like the timer system, I'm in Chapter 8 and overall Im enjoying the game, pretty unique crafting system.

After that I bought Death end ReQuest.

I decided to go back into emulating ps1 games. I'm near the end of final fantasy 8. I did a lot of the sidequests but not all but probably gonna rush through now since I want to start Lunar 2. I haven't played it before unlike ff8 which I've played a few times, and I played 1 last summer. I also still got Vesperia but I'll get it during the summer.

You've over the hump.
Chapter 2's the biggest slough of the game and combat is just going to get faster the harder you go in.

Finishing up Shining Resonance Refrain. Really delighted with it. It's not special at all but guess the basics well enough and I found it to be really endearing.

youtube.com/watch?v=6t0BoGiyjh4

>After that I bought Death end ReQuest.
i literally just finished it! the credits are rolling as i'm writing this. good choice, it's a hidden gem for sure.

Should I start with Tales of Symphonia or skip straight to Vesperia?

Is it as grindy as people say?

Wasn't it just sleeping with earth god's blacked you?

Looking for a decent fairly grindy jrpg with comfy environments and music to waste some time with for a couple weeks, any suggestions? Right now all i have is a PC and hacked PSP on me

Not disgaea ive played (and enjoyed) most of them

I mean just looking at the PSP you could go a little more out there with something like Valkyria Chronicles 2 or Fate/Extra

That Joan of Arc SRPG that Level-5 did was good.

anyone know of any good jrpgs with character customization

>Let's have a friendly JRPG thread. What are you playing at the moment?
God Eater 3 (does this count as a JRPG)
Death end re:Quest

>Anything on the horizon you're looking forward to?
possibly SRW T

I just picked up the devil survivor 2 remaster on 3ds. only an hour or two in and the battle system seems amazing. The voice acting is a good touch too.
I think I’m gonna drop octopath for good. I got to every char’s chapter 4 and it’s just boring. every chapter feels like the SAME goddamn game. the combat was fun but just not good enough to save the game for me

>Devil Survivor 2
Yea it starts out good but... it's considered one of the worst SMT games for a reason.

>The Jean D'Arc PSP game is good
Fuck yes it is. It's stellar. I'm always amazed when anyone else mentions it because I thought I was the only person who played it.

It still baffles me that Sony didn't opt to give it a PAL release (I know PSPs were region free, but importing games in 2006 was still more of a pain than it should've been) considering its subject matter and how disproportionately well Japanese games do in France and Belgium.

I don't think it sold well; of all the people with PSP's i knew at the time, I was the only one with the game, and I had just picked it up because it was there and I like the story of Joan of Arc; I hadn't heard of it or anything, and was just coming down from FFT and it looked samey.

>boy was i surprised at how good it was

I'm trying to play Mother 3 but I don't get the music battle system desu

Playing SMT Nocturne Hardtype Hack Hard mode and boy they weren't kidding with all the hard, especially at the beginning. I will get through it, though.
>Death end re:Quest
How're you liking it? It seems nice.
It's not that bad.

Attached: 1487492916640.jpg (480x426, 43K)

>How're you liking it? It seems nice.

It's okay. The biggest thing I don't like is that some enemies have counters and you have no idea what triggers them.

Been playing Bloodborne recently and my god I hate this R1 spamming faggot. I just can't get good enough.

Attached: Descendant frontal 3 (3).png (696x667, 355K)

>What are you playing at the moment?
Not playing a JRPG at the moment (was playing Demon Gaze until recently but gave up on the post-game boss rush) but I'm gonna start with Death end re;Quest soon.
Cold Steel 1-3 with original audio, the Konosuba DRPG and PQ2. And SMT V news hopefully.

it doesn't work right on emulators so your best bet is to just try your best to keep a rhythm and get lucky but don't worry about it too much because you'll never be able to get it consistently

Replaying FE3.

Attached: 5d7c673a4822e72193817a90ffa9b5fd.png (1024x742, 868K)

Can anybody recommend a JRPG with good complex turn-based combat? Like combat where you actually had to stop for a good solid minute and think about what you were doing.

Attached: 1454470882559.jpg (400x300, 31K)

Most jrpgs are about preparation

That doesn't make any sense.

Your party and equipment composition is usually more important than the actual decisions you make in battle.

I don’t give two dicks about arbitrary tiers, faggot

>Your party and equipment composition is usually more important than the actual decisions you make in battle.
okay, but what do you do for the rest of the game

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

That game really surprised me with its goddamn solid take on the jrpg turn based battle system. Makes you think before each action more than the average jrpg.

Symphonia, then Vesperia. Symphonia's battle system is serviceable, though you can definitely feel its age. It's story is the game's strong suit. On the other hand, Vesperia's story is absolute garbage, and the game play somehow feels even worse until you get to about end-game.

that isnt a jrpg.

Its a jrpgs in every single way except the counry where it was made. It's more of a jrpg than most actual jrpgs that comes out these days. So fuck off.

>Can anybody recommend a JRPG with good complex turn-based combat? Like combat where you actually had to stop for a good solid minute and think about what you were doing.

This basically doesn't exists. At best you havew stuff like Pokemon, which potentially has very interesting decision making, but which you never ever need to use.

Prepare and fight. Fight so you can prepare for the next fight.

>This basically doesn't exists
why not

>Let's have a friendly JRPG thread. What are you playing at the moment?
Labyrinth of Refrain. I want to cry right now for two reasons, but mostly I just don't want to die to this masochistic cunt again.

Just Caligula Overdose. Hoping it'll be much better than Persona 5, since I was very disappointed in how that turned out.

Attached: furfur.jpg (1200x675, 219K)

Code vein. I want to emulate ni no kuni 1 even if people say its shit and then give vesperia a go

Attached: 1549070677969.jpg (1200x1045, 536K)

I really liked that game too apart from that blonde kids VA. She was nails in my fucking ear, had to change to jap

Attached: Battle-Chasers-NightWar-in-game-Red-Monika-Portrait-madureira-color.jpg (689x800, 85K)

Waiting for Death end re;Quest to drop some in price. I really want to play that.

playing FF XIII-2 and I have no idea what to make of it so far. Noel sucks though I know that much.

>code vein
Say it with me user!
NEVER EVER

>The biggest thing I don't like is that some enemies have counters and you have no idea what triggers them.
Type match ups leaning in their favour, it seems. Moon type enemies counter all attacks from Star units, and the same for different types.
Just use two girls that aren't adjacent in the triangle and one that is weak to the foe, or simply delegate the one who gets countered as a healer/buff unit.

DQ V and Pokemon Platinum
Planning on doing a Nuzlocke after I get to the Battle Frontier

I genuinely wonder myself.

Everything about the conventions of the genre seems to go against strategy being meaningful. The existence of leveling up alone means that it's always possible to be much stronger or weaker than your enemies through shear raw numbers, meaning the games necessarily aren't balanced around tactical decision making against things that have a well defined level of strength relative to you. On top of all this, you rarely have meaningful movement and positioning or formations. Enemies typically just have high HP but limited healing, in contrast to yours high damage, high healing, but low HP dolls that have to continuously wail against them while not risking death too much. Most of the genre is about pretending to seem smart through complexity and obscurity, but ultimately boiling down to grinding to unlock progressively more flashy attacks, which is what most players seem to actually want even if they won't admit it.

Replaying SMT4 for the third time.

Doing a LAW STR challenge run without any skills on MC but "Normal Attack" and "Gun Attack" on MASTER. Barely managed to beat Minotaurus. This will get really spicy later on.

Attached: Screenshot (1170).png (1920x960, 1.77M)

Grinding hasn't been necessary in years and exists as a sliding scale of player difficulty.

>player difficulty
please answer

Already ansewered as the preperation is the most important part see jrpgs like etrian odessey or other similar crawlers where people whine about the difficulty because they thought healers on the front row was a good idea.

*odyssey

Character customization in what way? Developing their skills, attributes, and their equips?

>Grinding hasn't been necessary in years

By 'grinding' I basically mean 'fighting random mobs at all', because they only reason you do in most cases is for their exp and loot.

>exists as a sliding scale of player difficulty

This is a dumb excuse for a terrible convention. The player isn't going to know ahead of time what level they ought to be to make any given challenge 'fair', but at the same time leaving this possibility open just leads to players spending time on repetitive activities instead of being encouraged to think things through.

I'm playing Dragon Quest XI right now though and the approach it takes is brilliant. The 'draconian challenges' it offers includes things like making enemies strong enough to be a threat, and along with this it potentially restricts you from gaining EXP from monsters weaker then you, meaning that you can't grind indefinitely and face everything at a level that offers an appropriate challenge, and it's up you to make the most of your items, abilities and equipment to actually deal with this. This should be the absolute base standard for the genre, but it isn't for whatever reason.

Oh its you again fuck off

The last remnant

I want a good dose of JRPG after playing so much AAA shit

what would you choose between

>Tales of Vesperia
>No No Kuni 2
>Final Fantasy XII Zodiac age

Could you please stream this so I can watch you?

Lots of Zodiac Age for me. I've basically been rushing through the main story because I adore wasting all my time on the hunts and side content in that game. Makes it much more fun to be underleveled as well.

>The last remnant
That is exactly the kind of JRPG where all the "strategy" happens outside of combat. Most of the fights are braindead.

Arc Rise Fantasia. The story is dime-a-dozen but the combat and balancing are without a doubt the best I've ever played as far as turn-based JRPGs go.

most the SMT games are pretty hard, I personally had some of the most fun with DDS2 on hard.

107 hours in Dq11 rn game is fucking long but man is it great. I finished KH3 recently it was fun and satisfying.
Tales of vesperia is great , if you want a more political story and bunny girls go ff12
Same. I need recommendations too for one with good and hard gameplay and good story for PS1,PSP,vita,GBA or PS4

any crpg with multiple choices like divinity is fine too

Games can have things like level caps and experience scaling in place though, and plenty have super bosses that you will never beat without preparation, and further still they can place great importance on Rearguard/Vanguard placements and type match ups.
Plenty of them require strategies, planning and preparation. I think you are just unfairly applying the negative traits of some RPG's onto others?

Lost Odyssey for example, prevents you from levelling up too much until you progress, so bosses still require strategy and the right set up to defeat. First two bosses are great examples.

Labyrinth of Refrain has a system that targets the left member of your lineup first, along with a formation system that provides various benefits. Making you consider placement of your party members based on who will be shielded, and who will risk death in favour of a better formation.

Demon Gaze forces you to employ buff/debuffs/various other support skills to defeat your enemies, since they are a lot stronger with higher hp, far more healing than you and a frankly ridiculous amount of attacks per turn. There is a factor of gear farming, but that is just to get past the damage check and does not negate the need for strategy in the battle.

And finally, the entire fusion system in SMT/Persona actively encourages you not to grind at all, by giving you the ability to quickly fuse new demons and change strategies. Well, unless you want to grind.

Arc Rise Fantasia is all around shit, sorry.
Play Tales of Grace's F first please, Symphonia is overrated due to Nintendo fans of the GameCube not knowing what a good Tales of game is. No offense to them they're usually good people. But yeah Grace's F is very unique and very fun with good characters.

>the entire fusion system in SMT/Persona actively encourages you not to grind at all
That's not true at all considering your fusion is restricted by the level of your protagonist in every game.

I currently have saves open in Sen3, Zodiac Age, Nocturne, and Vesperia. Send help.

I really want LoR, but I'm really want it on console and the price never drops enough to convince me.

I already played Vesperia on Xbox 360 but never completed it because of RROD, I left it just after the dragon girl joins your party, I liked Yuri and the rest of the cast, they were likeable as fuck, I want to play the remaster because of PS3 exclusive shit and to finally finish it

FFXII looks fun, I like its combat and I want a challenge and feel powerful after hours of grinding since I felt disappointed that I only needed 50hrs to platinum KH3, I didn't felt like I achieved something

Ni no Kuni 2 looks cute and the combat looks fun, also it's cheap

Daily reminder to play the Trails/Kiseki series and ignore dumb loc-team whiners.

Attached: 1512082066752.jpg (1920x1200, 1.58M)

>most the SMT games are pretty hard
which one is the hardest

> The existence of leveling up alone means that it's always possible to be much stronger or weaker than your enemies t

There are RPG's, Trails of Cold Steel for instance, where being over levelled is practically impossible. Enemies give a lot of exp until you are a certain level and then it's negligible. A system I like as you never need to grind, enemies give a lot of exp until you reach their soft cap.

I never liked the combat in ff12 and I don't really like nier no kuni. But from what you're saying go ff12. Vesperia is around the same length as kh3

Uh how bout the alliance alive?

It's not impossible to grind past the bosses, but nobody levels up 10-15 levels to reach the next rank and there is exactly zero reason to do so in the first place, at best you may choose to go up 1-3 levels out of desperation. It will be a painful waste of time though, as you'll naturally reach those levels with normal progression with far more ease than grinding one spot.

The fusion system allowing the player to simply go fuse a different demon at their current level with potentially vastly different skills and weaknesses/resists encourages the player to adopt a rethinking of their strategy over grinding levels or stats.

Cold Steel is the best JRPG I've played in a long time. Sure it's got PS2 graphics but if it didn't games like it simply wouldn't exist anymore.

Strange Journey Redux

Have you played the Trails in the Sky subset of games? I would largely consider them better than CS.

I was playing Bravely Default and YS VIII.
Got halfway through both and dropped then.
Maybe its just me but it seems most jrpgs just fail to keep my attention till the end.
I did finished DQXI but it was more out of anger because of how bad it was and I expected it to get better at some point, but it never did.
The last jrpgs that I legit enjoyed were Persona 5 and SMTIV Final, so it seems Atlus is the only one that still havent disappointed me.

participate in the story

sell me on it, this looks extremely shitty

Attached: Alliance-Alive-Fami_10-18-16.jpg (400x248, 73K)

I obliterated that game like it was nothing. I thought SJ was the easiest one.

Attached: 1548121915770.jpg (600x613, 91K)

>I really want LoR, but I'm really want it on console and the price never drops enough to convince me.
It's pretty good, but don't go out of your way for it if you are not rolling in cash. Solid gameplay and an interesting story are waiting when you get it though, Baba's English voice is pure sex too.

If you're looking for console dungeon crawlers in the meantime, maybe look into Demon Gaze 1 and 2? They seem to be going on sale fairly often in EU lately, pretty average stories though.
The Lost Child seems cool too, but I haven't gotten too far.

XV Windows, enjoying more than I did two years ago. Load times feel slightly less shit.

Attached: DeadBros.webm (640x360, 1.55M)

how

I did a MegaTen marathon and finally came to the realization that I simply can't properly appreciate any game without replaying it at least once, and am now at a standstill looking at all the 40+ hour games I need to replay

I can't decide between playing a game on PS3 now, or waiting to emulate it later when I build my PC. What do, Yea Forums?

DQ11 waiting for it to get good. I really hate the fucking accents and localization though and the game is far too easy.

I really just want to hook my modded ps2 back up and play every JRPG produced for it.

Last one I played was Octopath Traveler I think. Liked it quite a bit, but never beat the final boss. I guess I could finish Ni No Kuni 2 as well... Got any good recommendations for modern ones?

Do you seriously need the process of playing a fucking videogame explained to you, you retard? Do you need me clean your shitty diapers and burp you too, child?

Attached: spoonfeeding.jpg (750x400, 36K)

>Tales of Grace's F
Dont recommend him bottom of the trash Tales
Play Symphonia. Its the best. Don't listen to elitists.

Wait for superior version. Unless it's not superior.

yes, i genuinely do not know what you mean by participate in the story

smt3 nocturne was the hardest for me but i was newer to smt at that time, havent tried the hard on it yet

>still no Grandia HD news

Fucking release already you fucks

Attached: breakingnews.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

You're even more retarded than I thought. have you played a videogame with any sort of narrative before? I may need to adjust the explanation accordingly.

Is there a good list of jrpg's that everyone should've played?

I'm enjoying Next Order more than I thought I would. I expected a 5/10 that I'd force my way through with the power of nostalgia but it's more like a 7/10 accentuated by nostalgia rather than carried by it.

Attached: dmno.jpg (720x720, 229K)

Yeah

playing panzer dragoon sage right now. on third disc atm.

so far really good and might be a favourite if it keeps up

>tfw liked both FFXV and KH3
Sucks that Yea Forums seems to be stuck on sperging out on both games. Anyways, I just beat KH3 and trying to decide on weather I should pick up Octopath or Vesperia next.
This has kinda been my issue with every DQ except VIII for me.

Attached: 8A0157F1-EB79-4615-B2A3-0F748F18C49B.gif (498x380, 800K)

>have you played a videogame with any sort of narrative before?
no its impossible for a video game to have a narrative. if the player isn't actively uncovering the story it is just filler

saga****

Retard infant.

Attached: 1512017295147.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

I like most of the older DQ games but 11 just feels like the only thing it has going for it is how pretty it is.

11 has just been mindlessly easy, where as most other DQ games have their fair share of tough encounters. Also there's very little to explore off the linear path and hardly any rewards for doing so, at least so far 12 hours in.

It just feels like the weakest entry in the series to me so far and I'm really disappointed.

The battle system is interesting as it is reliant on formations and positions of your party members. It’s a little similar to the saga series and the world map is pretty cool.

You should have picked tougher monsters from the Draconian challenges. My playthrough felt just about perfect difficulty-wise once I had a full party, about at the level of an SMT game.
Nothing can fix the areas and exploration feeling lacking though.

None of the SMT games are particularly hard if you're accustomed to JRPGs, that user's full of shit.
That being said they're still really fun and one of my favorite franchises.
SJ is easy except two bosses, Ouroboros and Mem Aleph.
Nocturne is actually tough at the beginning but it's really easy to chesse through the combat later.

Attached: 1530061323267.gif (540x410, 1.94M)

Waiting on Princess Guide at the end of March. I hope it's decent.

>DQ11 waiting for it to get good.

You are playing it on the default difficulty aren't you? You really need to start again and turn on at least harder monsters, though I recommend some other stuff too.

Most people can't finish 1 and 2 these days.

How is the Disgaea 1 remake? Been meaning to pick up the Switch version.

>tfw the glory days of NIS SRPGs are gone

Attached: 26F37EE3-2D39-42A2-8B9B-CDFC59809EFF.jpg (850x1192, 236K)

I got pretty sick of stopping my progress to constantly train my partners, but I managed to time it perfectly for my MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon to be levelled for the final stretch culminating into a perfect nostalgia bomb and callback to the introduction cutscene, accompanied by IMA KIMI WO MITSUMETE IRU ACCIENTER into Omnimon during the final battle in the end. I fucking love that song.
All in all, it was well worth the trouble.

You underestimate how bad most people are at video games. My older brother struggled through Persona 4 on normal. He's not a stupid person and has been playing JRPGs as long as I have.

Yeah if I knew it defaulted to Pokemon mode I would've looked at the draconian options. I'm not about to slog through those 12 hours again just to turn them on.

If you're on PC I think there's a way to force them on mid-game.

>I'm not about to slog through those 12 hours again just to turn them on.

Your loss then. The game is really well balanced with those challenges, you're usually just powerful enough to fight shit if you take advantage of all your options and you can't fudge shit by just grinding. It's one of the best approaches to difficulty I've seen in a JRPG. The 'shyness' option seems to just be completely retarded though.

60 or so hours into Yokai watch 3, this game is long but is pretty good too.

I keep hearing how Bravely Second is worse than the first game but how so? I have the game and have been meaning to actually play it for a while now.

Attached: 622B7315-76EA-47A6-A99A-EEC6E62F606D.jpg (236x236, 13K)

Mostly the music which awful outisde of the great battle theme.

Let's see. Just finished both Ao and Zero no Kiseki. Overall, I think its the best the Kiseki so far while fancying Zero a tad more. Cold Steel is alright but the sequel is horseshit. Yes, even worse than Tokyo Xanadu ex+.

Currently playing Etrian Oddysey Nexus. It is EO. Not sure what to say here other than it is a good dungeon crawler game. I am also playing Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker. But due to the voiceless undub, I quit after the 2nd day. Still great game though. Already played the nds version.

Does anybody have the decrypted Stella Glow undub for citra? Been a big fan of this game since Luminous Arc. Too bad no English translations for Luminous Arc 3 till this day.

It is pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=xVK9rgSujSI

>want to start a new playthrough in Persona 5 but waiting till it’s revealed whatever the hell P5R is
>Holding off on continuing DQXI because of the Switch version (also waiting to see if the PS4 version gets those updates)
>not starting KH3 till the Final Mix DLC comes out

I mean at least it’s not like how it used to be with the Special updated versions never releasing outside of Japan but fuck man

Attached: D27B3908-B306-4E2C-B721-35D4813C9335.jpg (480x751, 35K)

Not that guy, but CS is mechanically superior to Sky in a number of ways, since it keeps the changes from azure/zero and improves them even more.
The only thing I don't like is the new magic system, which is more straightforward, but loses complexity.
Now, characters, story and pacing are a different matter, but I'd have a hard time saying which arc was the overall best among the liberl/crossbell/erebonia arcs, and I've still got to play CS3/4 (PC localization when)

I think I finally got to the point in DQ11 postgame where I'm going to have to use a guide. Everyone's level 99 and I'm done with almost everything, but I don't know where to get skill seeds, I'm missing one recipe book with no real leads, and I can't find the guy I'm supposed to be looking for in my last unfinished sidequest. Fantastic game and I don't want it to end

Playing EOX right now. Fully recycled content sort of suck but I'm glad they at least brought back multiclassing rather than the master classes of V.

Are there any good Switch exclusive JRPGs?

Well, of course the gameplay is better, yeah. I was primarily talking about the story and its execution. Unfortunately it feels like as far as I know that Falcom basically woke up halfway through the Erebonia arc and realized, "wait, shit, Rean is a protagonist! He needs to have a character!"

Estelle's great. Dunno about Lloyd Bannings since I'm waiting for Geofront to finally finish the damn polished translation before popping my Crossbell cherry, but Rean's just kind of bland at first and what was at the end of CS2 as setup for the rest of the arc just seems like catchup. The game suffers a lot from giving the player so much freedom of choice in who to date without being willing to put in the time and effort to make those moments special. Beyond that, it definitely goes nerf-bat-y with the story's dark side. Characters in Sky actually died. Sure, they're usually villains, but they're at least named characters. What Erebonia needed was:
>scrap the bonding points bullshit; rigid friendship progression with a few minor elements of choice
>restrict romance choices to three to four girls (much as I dislike Alisa, her, Laura, Emma, and Fie would be a fine list to choose from), and dedicate the resources to actually making that choice somewhat meaningful and carry over through the games even if you have to just ask at the start of every game, "hey what girl did you bang last game?"
>more dark moments. More salty villains. More sacrifice.
>more voiced scenes like the PC CS2 got

Trails lives and dies on its story and writing, in my opinion. Sky did everything in that regard better, and in all honestly, I miss calculating elemental values, even if they were a bit of a pain in the ass.

I hope Calvard is another femtag with a defined romance (hey, Calvard's America, yeah? Maybe a little GL in my Trails, yeah Falcom?)

Attached: 1497416992141.png (557x978, 537K)

Play Mystic Ark.

Attached: MysticArk.jpg (965x701, 246K)

Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade 2. Maybe FE: Three Houses when it comes out

Really looking forward to Ys IX!

XBC2 +Torna. I wouldn't recommend Octopath but some folks liked it.

I just finished YS8 as my first YS title and had fun, I really want to see how IX turns out to be, but do you need to play the other YS titles to get the whole story or will it be standalone-ish as 8 was?

Playing Xenogears
Looking forward to Dragon Quest XI S and the new version of P5

Attached: 67367269_p0.jpg (720x975, 446K)

Works perfectly fine though they use the shota skulls instead of the old Disgaea 1 ones.

>good overall reviews for Death end re;Quest
>but all the top ones blurbs have pathetically defensive 'IT'S TOO BAD SOME PEOPLE WHO HATE ANIME FANSERVICE WON'T GIVE THIS GAME A FAIR CHANCE' blurbs

Stop doing this, it's embarassing. If it's a good game just say so, don't get a martyr complex about how biased the game industry is every single time.

I also think there's an 'anime penalty' of about 10 average metacritic points (only for sexy anime, Ghibli stuff etc. gets a pass), but everyone already knows this. Complaining about it in every review just looks pathetic.

>reading reviews

There is technically a chronological timeline, but in practice almost every Ys game's story is standalone with the exception of Ys I & II.

Just starting my second run of Etrian Odyssey Nexus, on Heroic this time. My first run was on Expert so it's pretty much the same, but I did have to drop to Basic at a few points because my team was shit.
I'm hoping Ronin / Imperial / Nightseeker / Survivalist / Sovereign is good enough.

Game is okay. I wish it was a full VN with a bigger budget for CGs. I enjoy the real life VN segments than the actual game. It's just a watered down Neptunia VII and Fairy Fencer F.

>pathetically defensive 'IT'S TOO BAD SOME PEOPLE WHO HATE ANIME FANSERVICE WON'T GIVE THIS GAME A FAIR CHANCE' blurbs
I mean, he's right.

Right he may be, but you don't need to throw out 10/10 reviews just because you think the score has been bombed without even supporting your opinion or writing a decent review.

If they just followed through with the bad end concept even. You can't start off with that amazing first death that sets the mood perfectly and then follow up with an endless slew of 3 sentence long "I should have ran, but I didn't. Now I am dead and it's over. Game Over." that ruins it entirely.
Occasionally you get great ones though, like walking into the glitched out room and the horror that follows.

Playing pic related again (GC).
I play the whole thing about once a year, my favorite game ever. Trying to use only 2 colors of magic per character this time, and no green magic in ship battles since Sacrulen is busted.

Vyse: Red and Yellow
Aika: Purple and Blue
Fina : Silver and Green
Drachma : Blue and Red
Gilder : Purple and Silver
Enrique : Yellow and Green

Attached: 256px-ArcadiaDC.png (256x261, 153K)

All Ys games (besides the 2nd, which is nowadays always bundled with the first) are stand-alone stories with some minor call backs to older games. Play in any order you like!

Why didn't I listen to this before I started Vesperia? I've dropped it. I need at least a serviceable story in an rpg.

I'd like to see a list split by story and gameplay.

I've come to realize I really only give a shit about story and characters. As long as the gameplay isn't dogshit I don't mind.

What are you playing at the moment? Just platinum'd DQ11. What should I play next FF9, trails in the sky, Ys 1 or cross code?

Jeanne d'Arc on my cel and too many on the PS3 (one is Atelier Totori,;I'm too much of a faggot to just do the bad ending and start again because I miss managed but I'm also at the last boss).

Trails is incredibly slow at the start, if you're planning on playing it you have to be prepared to endure the first half of the game.
Once that is done and gone, it's a real fun game, just try to play them in chronological order.

Thank you

How is world of Final Fantasy? I'm looking for some PC rpgs and there's not a huge selection.

Attached: NoA-383.jpg (2880x1319, 1.37M)

Just beat KH3, so I’m planning on starting the Switches version of World of Final Fantasy

Attached: EDC6E460-1F5F-451A-BA12-BD5BFC8F463F.jpg (554x313, 51K)

I loved it. You'll probably want to use the undub DLC unless you want to hear the notoriously annoying English Tama throughout the game.

Attached: 215.gif (311x392, 1.65M)

after lots of EO3,5 and Nexus I've been playing Nep rebirth 1 and 2 in between.
Only thing I'm really waiting for is the english releases of RS3 and Scarlet Grace.

Anyone played God Wars?

what game is this from ?

>entire game is easy, only die once or twice, stomp everything in sight
>final boss is a goddamn maniac difficulty spike that can wreck your entire party in seconds and the fight is like 10 minutes long
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK THAT BITCH

Attached: 20170209013947_1.jpg (1600x900, 271K)

I have! What would you like to know?

World of Final Fantasy.

Attached: Quacho Queen.jpg (1200x1372, 62K)

where is this screen from?

>Mana Khemia
Has everything. Great characters. Head thumping battle music. Solid gameplay. Ok story. The sequel however is not good. Personal favourite of mine. The sequel however is considerably worse.
>Atelier Series
Each and every installment has its own strengths and weaknesses. If you don't like one just play another. Variable gameplay. Variable story. Meh characters. Can be too anime for people.
>Star Ocean Second Story
Good story. Good characters. Engaging and fast gameplay. Kinda short.
>Xenogears
Considered as the NGE of JRPG. Epic story. Great characters. Good music. Good gameplay. Only applicable to Disc 1. Disc 2 was a rushed job but still recommended just for the Disc 1 alone.
>Trails Series
Sky has good story, good characters but slow yet ok gameplay.
Ao/Zero has good story, good characters and good(ish) gameplay.
Cold Steel has everything kicked down a notch but the best gameplay out of the series.
>Ar Tonelico
Average at everything. What stood out to me was the porn vibes.
>Dragon Quest
Third is considered as the best entry in the franchise despite being one of the hardest. The latest installment XI despite the superb presentation, fell short at everything else and also, the easiest.
>Etrian Oddysey
Dungeon crawler. Later series has more engaging stories and characters. Gameplay is solid. Good music.
>Rune Factory
Farming simulator. Good at everything. Loads of content.
>Luminous Arc
Average in everything. Harem.
>Devil Survivor
DS1 is great at everything but music. DS2 is (slightly) worse but has great music.
>Odin's Sphere
Just play the enhanced version. Great at everything if not for the repetitive gameplay. Presentation is excellent.
>Valkyrie Profile
Good gameplay. Good story.

There are many more but I want to play my EO Nexus now.

Is it fully recycle shit? Nothing new at all?

Playing the first Front Mission on DS. It's alright, UI is a bit tedious, battles can really drag out, and what part of a mech gets hit from an attack seems to be RNG. Maybe I'm missing something. Kind of wish the PSX version got translated. I don't want to just skip to the next game, interested in playing through the whole mainline series.

How do you stand the encounter rate?

What game is this?

Great list, thank you!

Speaking of Nights of Azure 2, game was really shit and I dropped it for like 3 months, but picked it back up recently and just the hype of the old 'main theme plays during the final boss fight' left me glad I finished it. I'm such a sucker for that stuff.

Been considering maybe playing through those Dragon Quest Monsters games for the DS again, never actually finished one despite quite enjoying them.

Is Ys VIII worth picking up?

>Is Ys VIII worth pirating?
Yes

Personally I liked it, but (seems to be a theme with Falcom) the first half is boring as sin, especially story-wise.
It gets away from the usual JRPG money system, has some cool things, and the combat system is simple yet engaging.

Absolutely.

Nights of Azure, it's a decent guilty pleasure game.

Attached: NoA-323.jpg (2880x1620, 1.13M)

haha, yeah, I gave in and looked up tips on how to beat her after getting my ass kicked like 30 times.

Attached: NoA-277.jpg (2880x1360, 1.08M)

Thanks user. For 99% of anons anime is a minus. For me it's a huge plus.

I'll play through any shit if I can experience Gust character models and music.

How was FF Type-0? People were hyping it up when the PSP version came out in Japan but by the time the PS4 port came around everyone hated it. Is it worth $20 at least

Attached: 9A00BA63-594C-4E14-B8BA-A756A92F520E.jpg (882x624, 225K)

It's alright. Absolutely would've bombed if not for the fact it had the first FFXV demo packed in.

I never gavve it a chance because I couldn't handle the shitty controls on PC, don't know if it's different on PS4. It's a pretty barebones psp port.

This is exactly what i was looking for. Quick question degenerates.

I have a switch and im looking for a JRPG with romance undertones or at least some romantic scenes. Xenoblade 2 or Valkyria Chronicles 4 are in the list but im open to options.

Basically im looking for a JRPG where 2 characters (or more) get to develop as a couple and get to lewd stuff like hand holding

>Ar tonelico
>average at everything (ignoring the excellence of its music, worldbuilding and characterization)
>standing out for porn vibes

Yeah, you're a cretin whose opinion shouldn't be taken seriously.

>Berseria combat is terrible
Another retard who didn't understand the game's mechanics.

Attached: 481630_4.jpg (638x357, 159K)

FFX comes out for Switch next month so there’s that.

The Lost Child? Silent protag but his sidekick falls in love with him over the course of it and they start dating proper in the ending.

Trails in the Sky on PC.

Shining Resonance: Refrain is pretty focused on romance but the payoff isn't great. Good budget rpg though.

Top tier writing as well...

Attached: game 2018-07-13 22-15-58.jpg (2560x1280, 758K)

Is that Champions of Norrath?

I'm so tired of silent protagonists. God Eater 3 is killing me right now.

Please recommend me a jrpg where i can romance the little girl
thanks

Attached: 1528229269133.png (337x480, 350K)

Are there any other JRPGs that play similar to Kingdom Hearts? It seems the only games people bring up are the Drakengard/Nier series

Attached: 27A5DDD1-8965-4F94-9258-F64762A005E9.png (850x1157, 1.08M)

Ill be checking those out, thanks! Doesnt Xenoblade 2 have any of that? are blades just objects?

How do you grind Resonance affection point? How many battle to get night scene?

>God Eater 3 is killing me
Is it that bad?
Princess Maker 2

Playing Ys Origins. It's so good.

Attached: Ys Origin 2.jpg (1920x1080, 509K)

Attached: YS Origin.jpg (1920x1080, 583K)

Wasted 100 hours emulating Fantasy life. I want to play the DLC too but apparently it won't work on Nightly build. Such a shame

At least it got a mention. I would not say the music is excellent but it is indeed unique. Having downloaded the whole OST and gave it a few times of listening, I am still unable to fancy it. Maybe replaying the game might change my opinion towards the series after all these years.

There is romance with one character in the main story but no kissing or anything like that on-screen. Blades are weapons with mostly humanoid forms, there is no romance or dating sim elements with them.

That you don't like them does nothing to change the complexity of the harmonies and progressions found in these songs, to say nothing of how closely entwined they are to the games themselves.

Started playing Four Heroes of Light after finding my DS. Not far in but enjoying it so far. I like the simple systems and interface but it might get boring/annoying later.

Attached: 1332431-1073797_004_super.jpg (600x255, 37K)

Lost Odyssey. It's really not that good. Yea Forums lied to me again.

To be fair, the songs' lyrics matching up with the themes and situations they're sung in can't really be appreciated by EOPs. It's not their fault.

I have 2 chapter 4s left in Octopath Traveler and then it's time for the endgame. It definitely has its share of pacing and structural issues but the characters are charming, the combat rules and aesthetically it is extremely dialed in to my taste. Loving it

It's God of War 3.

that is what I ended up assuming and made Lily the heal bot for the first boss

Pretty sure you just keep inviting them on dates in the town when you can, never gave it much thought. Then at the end you choose who you want to end up with if you've maxed their affection.

Attached: game 2018-07-13 00-57-50.jpg (1024x1280, 387K)

Neptunia VII. Was gonna try all the Colosseum battles, but I'm not going to grind to level 999. Fuck that.

heard you can do that in Trillion. Neptunia PP arguably too. God bless Compile Heart.

Lufia series, minus the lewd stuff.

Attached: 1531820933716.png (422x757, 75K)

I can't get night scene with benched characters. I think you need to grind it with them in party.

>Oreshika 3 never
It hurts.
SaGa games.

Attached: DRZmldeVQAA86Gg.jpg small.jpg (680x442, 85K)

Finished Agarest Mariage at Hard mode.
I thought that the true end requirement is to play hard mode like other CH games but its not, just go for the right plot point and your good to go, easy to miss though.
The final boss is hard though, if you played at hard, he can act twice, hits very hard and can silence you in no time. You gotta squeeze all your items and skills to defeat him.
Geolette best heroine
Doze best sub character

Attached: Geolette End.png (1296x759, 753K)

Tales of Symphonia

Ok, you convinced me to replay it again. Just need to download the ISOs again.

How is Agarest Marriage? Was it as shit as previous Agarest?

pic is like 50% prep and 50% not making dumb decisions in battle, even severely weaker normal mobs can petrify and rape your shit

Attached: GeniusOfSappheirosCover.png (354x500, 326K)

Growlanser and Langrisser Series
Luminous Arc 1 and 2
Stella Glow
Agarest Series (I just finished Mariage an hour ago)

There are others that has a romance but since you said that has something like hand holding, well, there are few choices.

How is Luminous Arc 3?

Mariage is a turn based one, so no move and act phase, but it has roles in the battle so you've got to think whos going to defend your party, healing them and attacking the enemy.

>Was it as shit as previous Agarest?
I'm biased to the series due to its dating sim mechanics and the generation based plot so I can't completely say that its shit. Perhaps Mariage is on the easier side as its turn based unless you play on hard mode straight.

Dead, no translations. And it has gay endings so think first if you're going for it.

That doesn't work as an excuse due to the availability of translations for them. Plus, it's not like the JP players could understand them without the Hymmnos Concert booklets either.

Hows patching it, heard that it has a problematic crack to use before you can play it.

What are you talking about?

This, unless it has been resolved, tried playing Shining Resonance before but this one pops up time to time so I quit playing it.

Attached: Problem.jpg (651x322, 20K)

While we're sor of on the topic, what are the best JRPGs with dating sim elements that arent Persona or FE? Preferably ones available on PS4, Switch or 3DS?

Attached: __amamiya_ren_niijima_makoto_okumura_haru_sakura_futaba_and_takamaki_anne_persona_5_dancing_star_nig (1280x1544, 226K)

>FFIV DS, FFVII/VIII/IX
>Paper Mario TTYD
>Xenoblade
>Bravely Default
I'm at the final part or semi-final on all of them, for whatever reason the end starts feeling tedious and I don't finish the game.

Bravely Default is good, but the last half of the game is a serious slog. Really you could just get the "bad" ending and have played through a pretty enjoyable game, and only plow through the rest if you really want to. However out of all the JRPGs I've played I had to actually plan out my jobs and strategies the most. There's also a lot of viable options to experiment with.

Is this midgame thing or you can't even start it? My toaster can play/open it no problem.

does the pleb call for getting their shit kicked in?

Attached: 36046b412d3e821f.jpg (521x612, 48K)

What's the final verdict on Lydie & Suelle?

Attached: 1397950426987.jpg (1600x869, 135K)

Starting the game. I got that, heard that it was picky, so I think that the crack is not compatible with AMD.

what's FE?

Fire emblem

Fucking Elephants

Another Atelier game. Overall, its ok, nothing really stands out. Out of the bunch, I still prefer Sophie more.

I'm playing Dark Souls for the first time on Switch, loving it.

I also have Bloodborne on my PS4 ready to go when I'm done with DaS.

Also playing XBC2 new game plus overclocked on handheld, it looks amazing, especially the cutscenes.

all i can think of is Ar Tonelico
1 and 2 are ps2 and you don't want to play the third one
also the music is neat

Attached: look at these cucks.jpg (720x1092, 173K)

Attached: jrpgs.png (3896x2327, 3.95M)

>tfw when I tried how far can I broke AT1, getting as many S class Grathnode before hitting Phase 3.
Boy, Lyner alone can defeat the Ikaruga II without overloading it. Its defense is at 9999 when its not overloaded but pic related Lyner can pierce through it.

Attached: Sanic.jpg (1366x768, 240K)

These days, Persona and SMT should be swapped

Missing the third one means missing the ending, so nope.

Fuck Xenocringe 2.

they can also play the third one was just trying to warn them its bad

The gameplay may be terrible, but the rest of the game makes up for it. Besides, the gameplay for AT1 was nothing to write home about either.

Elona+ is a Gregor tier game, it's not for everyone.

Currently playing Shiren on may vita. Is Exist Archive any good?

Elona's a legitimately complicated and expansive rogue-like, it's disingenuous to expect or compare it to regular jrpgs

Been playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 lately right after marathoning 2 & 3, loving it, almost on par with 1. Also started Brandish Dark Remnant and it's surprisingly great, it's simple and oldschool, but exploration is a joy, strongly recommend to all dungeon crawler fans out there.

>persona has now completely eclipsed SMT to the point where SMT now feels like the spinoff at times
>SMTV is still in development hell

Attached: 2F2E3CAE-A1FE-4A7A-AFE6-C750DDEE922C.jpg (476x290, 21K)

To be fair, Elona goes over the roguelike genre quite a bit given how it has plenty of sim aspects that roguelikes lack, it's more or less its own thing really, like Dwarf Fortress.

How to beat every boss in the game on nightmare?
Just be 2 levels higher than them.

For me it was shin megami tensei IV. But I haven't played many JRPGS.

A game with turn-based combat that I've found hard and engaging was Darkest Dungeon. Shit's so intense but satisfying when you can barely clear a dungeon. Try it.

I beat KH3. What's a good underrated JRPG to play while I wait for Zero translation?

Legend of Legaia

Already played it.

Then Last Remnant.

Rondo of Swords.

Attached: 85744_front.jpg (520x467, 70K)

I've been playing Labyrinth of Refrain and having a lot of fun with it.

Check out World of FF if you haven’t already

Done when it came out
is that good?
I own the game, and it's in my backlog, but my autism prevent me from playing yet another ps4 game right now.

Then Koudelka and after that the Shadow Hearts games.

Ayy lmao

>is that good?
Personally, yes but its hard as balls. Try the tutorial on it, and then decide if you like it. The tutorial alone will tell you how hard it is.
I like it due to route B plot. Boyhim personally killing her sister for the greater good turns him into a empire destroyer.

Keep a look out for SaGa Scarlet Grace if you're into exciting combats.

Pretty simple mechanics but with a lot of planning involved since your actions changes turns and positionings drastically.

It also helps that you can't grind much and the battles are all very tight, including mobs.

Crap, I spoiled a part of it. Well, its plot is serviceable enough to keep you entertained but the difficulty might dampen your enjoyment so just try the tutorial first if you want it.
Oh and read about the cards quest, at least for that its fine to look for a guide.

death end re;quest

I played SH2... I could play koudelka. Is it in the same universe as SH?
I'll check it out.

>Is it in the same universe as SH?
Yeah

>I'll check it out.
Good luck. Its basically FE but going through enemies instead of attacking them in front so 1 unit is enough to decimate your team.

Attached: Rondo of Swords__9426.png (256x384, 40K)

tactics ogre luct, grinding the fusilier, what an awesome desing on the female fusilier

you could play the PC version is translated, give it a spin
mega.nz/#!Ddg00YCQ!VZYQvli4fMjy9Q1GDdsabnWp2t1_Bs8O1tlhTlxSZPA

SMT Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner
very interesting game so far. Don't think I've seen such a character-driven SMT that's not part of persona before. I have mixed feelings over the gameplay as despite the mantra system creating some interesting decision dynamics, the overall strategy scheme that I used in Nocturne doesn't seem to change much overall, which is the basic SMT scheme of strengths and weaknesses. They're goind a good job with the story so far but it really makes me appreciate the latter Persona's more since they spend such a large portion of time focusing exclusively on character relationships and developing them as much as possible, and in a game like DDSAT you can see the effect of the lack of that. Some characters just feel shallow simply because there's no time to work carefully on them. However, it's a good kind of shallowness, which means good character design, remarkable personalities and interactions when they happen.
The buddhism-inspired architecture and the fantasy/dystopian atmosphere though is absolutely lovely. They did such a wonderful job with it...

I also gave the Xenosaga I-II remake a try. The setting can be very overwhelming with tons of encyclopedia entries popping up all the time in dialogues, and at often times what seems to me the assumption that the player is already minimally familiar with everything that's happening. Still, so much work was put on the sprites, the portraits and the battle system, it really impresses me. I ended up losing a lot of progress after dying in a boss battle so I dropped it for a bit, but I plan on picking it back up when I'm done with Avatar Tuner. I loved Xenogears and I'm curious to play episode II too which was basically completely reworked from the PS2 game.

Attached: __kos_mos_xenosaga_episode_i_and_etc_drawn_by_choco__038112609320aa451333774cacdb50be.jpg (716x859, 277K)

Finally got to play Nep VIIR and I like it a lot so far.

Summon Night Tears Crown.
Turn based JRPG spinoff, with the mainlines getting shitty releases, theres no choice but to play the more better releases.

Attached: 4370 - Summon Night X - Tears Crown (JP)__20479.png (256x384, 80K)

Anything for Steam, please, recommend me something

Xenoblade Chronicles X is the only game in the past 3 years that I've been able to play for like 8 hours on end.

My problem with Scarlet Grace is that there's little enemy variety coming from the other games, no doubt because the game was made with pretty much zero budget, but even though the combat system is really tight outside of lackluster magic, the low enemy variety makes the game kind of boring when the other games tend to surprise you with new enemies pretty often, even with its stupid high nonlinearity and event variations Scarlet feels a bit disappointing when it comes to enemies, and Dragon Rulers are a joke in this entry.
The encounter and enemy design itself is really solid though, it's probably one of the games with the best designed setpiece encounter I've played, the vast majority of fights are really, really well thought out, and many of the boss fights are exceptional, things like Macha, Saunokk or Firebringer really test how much you know about the system, even something more straightforward like Siegfrey or your average demon pack fights do.
>Is it in the same universe as SH?
It's literally a prequel to SH, Koudelka and her buddies were the ones who awakened Roger Bacon too.

True, probably made worse with the fact that SSG has a shit ton of combat to begin with.

>It's literally a prequel to SH, Koudelka and her buddies were the ones who awakened Roger Bacon too.
this looks fun, I've been waiting to play thrughtthe SH series in its entirety for a while

>Xenosaga I-II remake
Wait what remake ? You mean the ds game ?

I have over 100 hours on DeSu2, I love it. Just remember to always let Keita die to make the game even more enjoyable.

Play Knights in the Nightmare.

I miss Sting

Yeah, taking away dungeons wasn't a bad idea since they focused on making the game as varied and nonlinear as possible in terms of actual quests and events to make that up and boy did they make a great job at that, but that also means you're fighting a lot more than usual and you can't help but notice that there's not a lot of enemy variety, though in that sense, TLR was even worse, they had even less enemy variety in there outside of a bit more unique bosses than SG.
Still love the game though, it's a great and much awaited mainline entry despite being made in barely three years with less than nothing, really shows how a good team of talented people who love what they're doing matters a lot more than a multimillion budget.
The atmosphere and gameplay is fairly different from SH, but you'll probably enjoy it and understand a lot of what SH took from, it's also a kind of unique RPG in terms of setting and idea since it takes classic 90's survival horror game elements and fuses them with turn based RPG elements, it doesn't always deliver well but it's still a very interested, albeit flawed game.
The voice acting is phenomenal though.

Attached: 61027267_p0_master1200.jpg (500x506, 183K)

I'm playing sword art online fatal bullet
I skipped past all the tutorials since they were introduction-to-video-games tier so I spent 13 hours wondering when I'd get another party member. Was so glad when I found out how to push the useless pink girl out of the party only for the next mission to forcefully put her and Kirito into the party.
I want my party to be just me, my pet robot, the jewish infomation broker, and that one squinty eyed asshole who hates everyone and thinks people actually RP in MMOs. They must leave me be.
The outfits are shit too
Gameplay is kind of fun with a sniper and gatling gun, though.
Solid 5/10 it's mediocre

Well, I'm playing Gungnir in my phone. Damn it feels incomplete after getting the A+ ending.

Holy shit, someone else actually played it besides me. Decently fun game. I wish it wasn't on the fucking vita so my friends could try it

>jrpg thread
>already 300 posts in

Damn.
Gonna give Legend of Mana a spin sometime today. A thread last night inspired me to check it out.

I'm still waiting for 2-2.

Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter.

Yeah, the untranslated DS game.

Attached: unknown.png (256x384, 86K)

Resonance of Fate. You'll either absolutely love it or hate it, no middleground.

Based.

Attached: 1536194277604.jpg (1080x1350, 926K)

Ar Tonelico has a pretty good soundtrack, if you are into vocal tracks. And the worldbuilding is at least quite unique. What with magic essentially being the world computer being reprogrammed through the singing of hymns by non-human girls who need to be dicked with magical crystals to keep going.

EOX. I'm having a stroke because my party isn't perfect.

That really depends on if you chain battles together or not. Sure if you just link two or three landworms together its gonna be easy a shit, but get a hearty chain going with multiple types of enemies, and they can fuck you up before you realize it. Likewise a lot of the bosses can pose a legit challenge.

>SaGa
>Not in it's own special tier for 500+ IQ geniuses

How is it? I played like 2 stages years ago and didn't follow on it. Is it true getting the good endings is overly complicated without a guide?

Combining Race Abilities to be able to do stupid shit is the best thing about DeSu 2. Mess around with different demon races and find what works great (like extra movement + teleportation).

Its not Switch exclusive but you should look forward to Scarlet Grace.

You mean the A+ ending? Its easy.
>Pick choices that is more friendly to Alissa and less on battle glory.
>Once you got Alissa (shes strong as hell as if shes Yggdra herself), always deploy her and don't let her get killed. If she got killed, restart the battle, not retry.
But its fine to kill Pierre, do it for your 3 friends.

You should never believe anyone who considers Lost Odyssey a maligned masterpiece. It never rises above "decent". The short stories that you collect in the game trick a lot of people into thinking its better and grander than it really is.

It gets better when you finally get all four members together and get more hats/jobs and the gems to level them up, but the constant splitting them up in the early game can make it a slog.

For me, I found it a lot more fun than Default. The new jobs feel boring at first but once you start racking up those JP, you realize just how stupidly broken they are compared to the old ones.

If it weren't for a handful of shitposting fags JRPG General might still be around.

Rune Factory 4 and War of the Lions. Up to chapter 3 on the latter and I'm really feeling the pain as my first ever run was me running down the entire game with Calculator Ramza.

Dark Knight is not fucking worth it, right?

Well, I guess thats enough for today, at least I finished Agarest Mariage today, shits too hard despite being a turn based one, you just don't know when will the final boss will pull of a 3 consecutive turn attack that will massacre your party after downing its HP to 15%

Attached: 1538701083033.gif (500x456, 1.63M)

All these years later and I still have a massive backlog from the PS1/2 era. One of these days I'm going to mod my PS3 and spend all summer finally playing through them. I can't think of any recent or upcoming JRPGs that interest me that I haven't already played.

I dropped the game in the middle of my 3rd run (with Toal), but I had a lot of fun with Yunica and Hugo. Especially Hugo and it felt really great when he finally pulls his head out of his ass.

I never got Dark Knight and got out just fine. Fuck those requirements, I played for fun.

>gif
i still hear it

Attached: 1545388470014.jpg (600x593, 210K)

It's cool they remade II but the cutscenes are such a large part of the original experience on the PS2. Hope we'll get a remake or something in the future.

Attached: pcsx2 2018-10-23 18-14-47.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

True, I'll probably just see how it plays instead of doing this for hours and boring myself to death.

Because it's incredibly frustrating and it makes each battle become a pain in the ass? Sure, a game can make you have to utilize all of its mechanics like debuffs and buffs, but then half the battle literally becomes debuffing the enemy, buffing yourself, and then finally being able to attack while constantly refreshing your debuffs and buffs or healing. It also ends up making you find the cheesiest methods so you can cut down your battle times and avoid havng to deal with the game's nonsense.

Games like Etrian Odyssey already do this and it makes even the most simple of encounters a pain in the ass until you finally get far enough to get enough skills and exploit the systems to heal without having to pay too much or explore without dying too much. Persona and SMT games do this until you can level your Personas up enough to gain Nullify or Absorb skills and then it becomes tolerable but you still end up having to buff and debuff in a majority of battles until you finally end up earning your screen wipe skills and ways to get SP back. Then you have things like Digimon Cyber Sleuth's hard mode where you have to grind out your ass just to deal with basic enemies, bosses have multiple turns so battles are more or less 50% luck of what they do, you have to plan shit multiple steps ahead, and it makes everything a complete chore, particularly the seven devils.

If you want to deal with this nonsense that's on you, but the vast majority of people don't want each random encounter to be a 10 minute ordeal of juggling things just to progress, that's what bosses are for.

I'm playing lost Odyssey now and it's one of the best JRPGs I have ever played.

>Sure, a game can make you have to utilize all of its mechanics like debuffs and buffs, but then half the battle literally becomes debuffing the enemy, buffing yourself, and then finally being able to attack while constantly refreshing your debuffs and buffs or healing. It also ends up making you find the cheesiest methods so you can cut down your battle times and avoid havng to deal with the game's nonsense.

You basically described FFXIII's combat, and yea while some argue its the most involved system the franchise has ever had, it definitely gets tedious after a while. Same with Lost Odyssey and most jrpgs with some kind of "break" system. I think VP2 is one of the few to do it right, as breaking enemy guard wasn't required but it could still happen depending on the enemy and your positions relative to each other.

When the fuck are we getting Lost Odyssey HD? My 360 died years ago and I have no interest in buying a new one just to reply Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. Come on Mistwalker

IF someone were to ever bother pushing for HD re-releases, they would most likely be outsourced. Mistwalker is basically a hollow shell at this point.

xenosaga without the gorgeous fmv cutscenes? nah thanks

>Come on Mistwalker
Lol, they dead nigga

It's a fun game which is deceptively easy at the start, and then you get to the ending and have stacks that have been facerolling over everything get shown how much of a bitch they really are. The fact that the final boss has a spell that does AoE Oblivion, poison, and confusion and he abuses it so often is ridiculous since it basically means you have to continually throw Remedies or Remedy+ at everyone and Lann's setup most likely will only have doom resistance.

The postgame content is also a pain in the ass, you pretty much have to ignore all random encounters in the EX dungeons because they can all topple your stacks and then one-shot every member of your party without you being able to do anything (Even though you're at the mid 70's on all characters) because the game is balanced around being in a stack, not being individuals. Then you finally get to the boss of each EX dungeon and they're hitting your entire party for like 3-4k damage a hit (AoE of course), have roughly 80,000 HP, and one thing you quickly realize is the game pushes you towards having a Gravity casting stack just to cut down on the enemy health and the other person is dedicated towards a Cura or Curaga cast. Boss fights postgame also tend to be roughly 10 or more minutes just due to how crazy they can be, or you abuse Imprisming to avoid having to actually fight them like the Adamantoise in EX Dungeon A.

Quacho Queen and Princess Goblin are the best girls.

Attached: WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY_20190224192312.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

ar tonelico is a terrible game and only weebs could suffer through that shit.

Is hugo easier to play than Yunica? I was planning on playing my second playthrough on the hardest difficulty with Hugo but somebody said that he was harder and I should have done the inverse.

Cant you play it in 4k on Xbox One with backwards compatibility?

If I'm not going to buy a 360 just for one or two games why would I spend even more an Xbox One for those same one or two games?

I wish this would get a fan translation

Attached: Moon_-_Remix_RPG_Adventure_Coverart.png (320x312, 206K)

In my experience, Hugo is easier but also a lot more fun to use. Hugo was so fun, I ended up dropping the game on Toal's story because I didn't find him as fun in comparison. His movement speed takes some getting used to, but his tools more than make up for it.

On another note, Hugo's character progression is also different from Yunica in the sense that the Yunica's character arc resolves pretty early into the game while Hugo's character arc lasts until the end of the game.

It's a pretty awful game, it just has so many problems littered throughout that make the entire experience not fun and I don't understand why everyone was hyping it up during the PSP translation patch release. It's the only FF game I ever regretted spending my time in and I've played XIII.
>Enemies either hit like trucks or barely graze you with no in-between to the point that you have side missions where enemies can buff themselves and one-shot you.
>You have to level something like 13 or 14 characters 3 at a time and you HAVE to level them all just for the story content since they're all forced to be used at points or forced into teams.
>The story is just barely understandable until you start up a second playthrough to the point that the entire final couple hours are just nonsense and you have no horse in the race for what happens to anyone.
Basically, you'll put about 60+ hours into your playthrough and the only thing that will really make sense is Rem and Machina's fighting but not their true reason for fighting.
>Time system is annoying to have to plan for because several conversations can take a single hour or multiple hours away from you, entire questlines can be missed if you don't talk to people at certain times of day and certain points in the game, and you lose so many hours going outside, especially when taking on expert missions.
>To expand on the previous point, the quest system is handled horribly, you can only hold one quest at a time and if your quest is inside the school then enjoy losing 6 hours just to turn one quest in.
>Most of the class is completely unlikable or nonexistent in the story/side quests. Kurasame, Mother, Machina, Rem, and Ace are more or less it for people you actually care for. Queen is arguable and so is Cater.

To its credit though it does have some funny conversations, I'll definitely give it that, and the fighting system would be great if not for balancing it on parrying and only parrying.

Attached: FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD_20170312170121.jpg (1920x1080, 920K)

Do the two MCs ever get anything unique?

>and the fighting system would be great if not for balancing it on parrying and only parrying.

you got to remember that the same guy who did TYpe 0's combat also approved of this

Attached: Hold O to Win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

>I don't understand why everyone was hyping it up during the PSP translation patch release
Gwaphix and waifus, like all FF shit.

And you are an utter piece of crap as a human being.

Dark Knight is SO worth it

You realize Mana Khemia is an Atelier game right? What am I saying, of course you don't. Pleb opinion discarded

What do you mean by that? Like equips or clothes? They stay in their default clothes the whole way through.

More in the ways of special skills/spells.

Been playing a ton of Yo-kai Watch 3, think I'm close to 90 hours in. It's definitely a major step up for the series, and I've been really enjoying it. I just hope that Yo-kai Watch 4 comes out sooner rather than later. Having a really hard time figuring out just who my favorite new Yokai is, but I think it's this dude. King Deadward is definitely an extremely close second though.

Attached: 1526263947342.png (450x642, 252K)

I’m probably the only one on this board who’s playing Summon Night 6.

Attached: B6111FFB-D306-48AF-B5CF-8314A964E805.jpg (480x272, 63K)

I'm playing Dragon Quest Builders. Its real fun and it runs really good on Switch.

>Summon Night 6.
I don't have a vita. But I'll probably buy one. There are a lot of great games there that I heard about.

The Mirajewels are what determine their abilities, you can equip eight or nine of them so you can have all the -ga spells on them for example or have them set up as buffers/debuffers. It's very customizable, but they don't learn abilities, no, their specific levels are just for their stats. Once you beat the game you can also take them out of your stack but it seems like that's not worth it unless you're throwing in someone from the Ramuh/Ifrit/Shiva lines since they have seven upgrades each to increase their stats.

Replaying TWEWY and I still find myself as sucked in as I was when played the game years ago. It’s just so goddamn good. Also playing some SMT games on my 3DS and getting ready to continue on with Chrono Trigger and Radiant Historia.

Attached: FAF935E7-2EC2-4724-9A46-53863C4AFBD7.jpg (2131x3000, 2.65M)

It’s on the ps4 too

So there aren't any mirajewels that give them spells no other monster in the cast can learn or anything? They're mostly there as flex?

DQ11
just got into the act 3 and at least the starting of it is neat as fuck

I don't know... 7th Saga was not very good, why should I play the sequel?

When does the game get good. I'm in "Gondolia" and ready to drop it. Whoever's in charge of these shitty translations since the DS games is a fucking retard.

Pretty much, the Mirajewels are gained from the Mirage boards themselves. I think EXP Increase which you get from the first EX Dungeon and I want to say maybe Stealth are completely unique Mirajewels, but overall they're essentially just customizable Mirages with no innate weaknesses to anything.

eh i think it really kicks off after octagonia which comes pretty soon after gondolia iirc

Also the Maxima expansion (it comes with the Switch version) also allows you to swap out Lenn and Raynn with one of the FF characters who show up in the game, who each have their own unique skills

Attached: maxresdefault (18).jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>Dark Souls 3 NG+ (I suck online so much)
>Dragon Quest XI (still at the beginning, with super strong enemies challenge because I heard it's easy without it)
Will try to get 100% achievements in both games, because why not.

Not that user but Mystic Ark is not a sequel to Elnard, if anything that's kind of a prequel given the weirdass continuity of that series and it's still pretty different in terms of structure.
Elnard had seven main characters you could choose from, in MA you can only choose two flavours of an MC, Remeer or Felis, moreover you have different mechanics like Arks allowing you to empower equipment and give you access to different abilities and boosts, the scenario is also very different from Elnard since it's based on dimension hopping, so you get in all kind of weird worlds with particular gimmicks to them, like a world without sounds or colours, a fairy tale world and so on, and all of these worlds have a particular arc structure unique to them, some are more of a detective story, some are more puzzle focused, some are more battle focused.

Keep in mind that the "series" itself doesn't have a lot of common gameplay elements, Brain Lord for instance is kind of an Ys clone while Elnard and Mystic Ark are more DQ-like, the second Mystic Ark, Maboroshi Gekijou on PSX is also another action game based on cards, which can be considered some kind of weird predecessor to KH: CoM.

I'd say give it a try, it has great music and graphics though the story is very light much like Elnard and the gameplay is nothing special, but the scenario and atmosphere is well done.

Oh yeah,looking forward to Caligula. And I bought FF5 during SquareEnix sale (along with DQ11), so I guess I will replay that.

It's not really worth using Champion Jewels though, Champion Medals and the XL Mirages are far more valuable than a single passive and active skill. There's a few exceptions of course, Refia is great because she can randomly just fully heal your entire party on a battle's end and I think Snow and Light both buff their respective elements which helps in very specific situations.

Am I just a brainlet or was playing this game on active mode really fucking hard?

>>Dragon Quest XI (still at the beginning, with super strong enemies challenge because I heard it's easy without it)
It is for the most part, but never to the point of just auto-piloting through fights, so I still found it fun

In Legend of Mana, does the placement of artifacts actually make a meaningful difference or is it just a quaint novelty the game provides?

With the draconian quest setting the games can be quite hard

>In Legend of Mana, does the placement of artifacts actually make a meaningful difference
Land placement gives you access to different storylines and monster table spawns (which also means different drops, which also means you get access to different smithing and pet options), moreover, each storyline you complete gives you access to a different artifact, which in turn gives you access to a different part of the world, which in turn gives you access to other different artifacts which affect everything else I mentioned.
Basically, how you build the world changes how you progress through the game and how the world itself is shaped, giving you different options depending on your placements.

Just got done with KH3 and for now checking the Switch version of Deltarune since I've never played that yet. I still need to finish WoFF and Vesperia but chances are I'll only get to beat one of them for now since DMCV takes priority for me next week.

As for what I'm looking forwards to, Fire Emblem 3 Houses and whatever Persona 5 R is supposed to be

Attached: __lea_roxas_and_xion_kingdom_hearts_iii_and_etc_drawn_by_nikusenpai__b095399f5ba01cc3381262f157a37df (1000x1500, 140K)

Was having a good time with this game but the kids kept coming out black

I'm guessing this unlocks later? I just started playing today.

So could my playthrough drastically change if I were to place an artifact in a spot surrounded by water compared to say a desert spot? Or would the main difference *just* be different monster spawns?

Attached: manawee.jpg (895x681, 143K)

>107 hours in Dq11 rn game is fucking long but man is it great.

How? I just finished it at around 70 hours, did absolutely everything.

Optimizing element levels when placing artifacts does something meaningful IIRC. I wanna say its related to catching spirits?

Apparently you get it after you meet Tifa which should be by chapter 4 I think

I have been playing Atelier series since Iris. Mana Khemia is the only one I like a lot. Others are meh or fall short in some aspects.

Alright alirght, I will admit Ar Tonelico has unique yet good OST. If another (general) JRPG thread is up by tomorrow, I will post my new impression towards the game after work.

Attached: Ar Tonelico - Melody of Elemia (OST)_front.jpg (400x400, 74K)

I've been stuck on bravely default for the last month. I don't want to start another game until I finish it but I have zero desire to refight these bosses.

Started first Agarest. It feels kinda boring so far, but not bad enough to drop right away.
Labyrinth of touhou 1 and 2, but it's more of dungeon crawler than jrpg.

Attached: 1.jpg (1680x1050, 259K)

Still trying to finish the Item/Monster Codex for EO Nexus. Already gone through the postgame bosses so it's a matter of finding the right encounters, getting the right conditions and applying the right formaldehyde.

I've tried the first Suikoden half a dozen times and I can never get into it. Find it incredibly dull and combat is just easier to auto-fight non-bosses. I hear the second one is the best but I assume you really need to play the first one before?

Its not so much that you NEED to, but you get more out of it if you do.

Second one is basically the same, the combat in the first 2 Suikoden games were never that complex.
It's mostly about the huge cast you can choose from.

DQ really had me struggle for rest in the first few hours with the stronger enemy mode. I did not grind much. Just getting the next lvl up when I felt like I was heading to a boss battle and I thought to have optimised my equipment reasonably well. When I got a third and fourth party member the difficulty curve seemed to level out somewhat.

Only storywise. It's one of the best from a gameplay and mechanical standpoint. It's a direct improvement over the first in those regards and with map design.

I'll probably have finished the game before even getting halfway through the requirements.

It is certainly flawed in a lot of ways. But a lot of the flaws are common to many RPGs of the era. It is similar to Legend of Legaia, which I considered over many years to be my favourite game, but looking back on it from now, it is an ugly mess with some nice ideas.

Wrong, I'm currently in the process of 100%ing this game bucko.

Attached: tenor.gif (480x270, 111K)

I'm replaying through Heart Gold after wasting my money on Ultra Sun. I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of quality pokemon games these days. I used to think it was because I was getting older, but after replaying HG I can honestly say that's not the case.

Attached: 1469493654622.jpg (1024x1325, 202K)

Wish Ciel Nosurge was translated so I could understand Ar Nosurge

Play the Sacred Gold romhack. It's the ideal Pokemon game.

dif user here and i went through the atelier iris series and mana khemia ~3 years ago and it was neat seeing the battle system improve over every game. combo system was actually really satisfying and still one of my favorites

then i started atelier rorona and they completely neutered the system they had built up over all those years. dropped it before the 2nd month was over

Attached: 1540053660926.png (1306x772, 1.76M)

You actually aren't required to refight all of them, just do the Crystal Beasts. Though, the group battles in the last 2 chapters are pretty fun.

Sounds like looking into the PlayStation library is your best bet. Legend of Mana is top comfy with great music, Front Mission 3 is an SRPG with mechs and you can grind in the simulator as much as you like. Grandia is great in just about every aspect, for that matter Grandia 2 is also great and it's on Steam. Final Fantasy 7-9 and tactics, obviously. Star Ocean 2 is one of my old favorites. Honestly, you could just find a list of anything Squaresoft produced for the PlayStation to get started.

Attached: 1550600513680.jpg (713x918, 127K)

I don't want to miss any story scenes though

Agreed. Similarly, even my personal favourite Mana Khemia has its fair share of flaws. The rushed later half of the game. Not enough for development for the main characters. The lackluster ending. Easy fights. Iffy alchemy system. Despite all these, I still love the game. I doubt any game is perfect. As long as you have fun with the game, who cares if it is flawed. Thats why I included Ar Tonelico in the list.

The battle system deteriorates after Mana Khemia. Fortunately, the alchemy system improves significantly since then. Story and characters are no different than your generic modern anime. If you can look past that, it is a good time waster.

And yeah, same. I call it quits on Rorona after realising the time limit is here to stay. Feels like rushing to finish my job instead of actually enjoying the game.

I think Shallie has a similar battle system to Mana Khemia. The sound effects is lethargic so I drop this too. Very cool OP though.
youtube.com/watch?v=j54bLtp6sCQ

Etrian Odyssey if you don't mind emulating.

I dropped it. It has a large focus on character interaction, yet the characters aren't likable for the most part. It's also extremely easy and some unique abilities are incredibly broken. It's not a good game.

Most of the rematches against the asterisk holders barely contribute anything to the general plot though. You just learn more and more about whoever you're fighting every time you rematch them in each loop (with the exception of the Vampire asterisk holder who is very plot heavy and gives you more context about what's going on).

please tell me what jrpg i should play

Why is it good to let keita die? I let him die on accident in my playthrough

If this thread hasn't given you enough ideas then I dunno what to do for you man.

Finally got to start Persona 5 and got to getting Futaba. Although the game is fun I can't get into any of the characters, and the dungeons+bosses feel really boring. Although I like how they added light puzzle elements to them.

Attached: 1550723554532.jpg (900x900, 69K)

>ideas
what i'm looking for is orders.

Go play The Dark Spire.

The Last Remnant. Game lets you issue all the orders you want ;^)

Dragon Quest XI
It's my first DragoN Quest game. It's ok, but feels slow paced. I actually appreciate the voice acting being localised English accents, despite how corny and forced they sound.

Pretty standard fair so far. I'm the chosen one and my rag tag group of nobodies are along for the ride.
The music though is SHIT. The world map theme is far too fucking intense. They say Pokemon Gen 3 was all trumpets LMFAO.
Still having fun so far. Erik is my bro.

Only other game I've played is Dragon Warrior Monsters on GB. The fanfare for a level up is very nostalgic.

Just finished DDS, moved on to DDS2. I initially planned on finally getting into FF but SMT stole my heart on a whim.

Attached: snek.jpg (2562x1440, 296K)

i started a bunch but don't feel like playing any of them. i think i'm burned out on them at the moment.

He's the most insufferable character in the game so it's understandable why some people prefer him dead (even though he mellows a little in Part 2 he's still kinda edgy). Though, gameplay-wise his stat spread is great.

A piece of advice for you, make sure EVERYONE learns good skills or you are going to be fucked late game.

Dark Cloud is not as fun as I remember. Combat is really rough and the dungeon crawling can be really tiresome. Not looking forward to grinding weapons for all the characters

Radiant Historia, you won't regret it.

Yeah figured as much

Attached: 1551088881536.png (460x483, 265K)

Yeah, I can't agree with all the hate that game gets. Firis on the other hand deserves every bit of hate.

Attached: Firis1.jpg (1274x714, 667K)

>made by 1 (one) person
>already clocking 50 hours of gameplay with at least 3 more chapters to come
based japanese indie devs

Attached: what did she mean by this.png (640x480, 192K)

you forgot
>for FREE
based

I was playing Dark Souls, but got bored by the time I reached Bed of Chaos and just quit. I realize how shallow the combat is now. Literally just spamming R1 or R2, and circling around enemies.

Final Fantasy 5

Etrian Odyssey 3, the best game with orders

Attached: 1551295121163.png (602x783, 314K)

Attached: 1532465214005.png (291x197, 48K)

Dark Cloud's combat really only works as a vehicle to collect the geospheres. The post game dungeon where its nothing but dungeon crawling with no collecting of anything really shows how weak the combat is.

true, hopefully we dont have to wait 5 more years for the next update, especially after the newest plot twists.

Attached: sigh.png (640x480, 176K)

>Star Ocean 2
>accidentally fall asleep
>wake up and thread is still open w multiple suggestions
thanks lads

Playing Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (on the 1.5 Collection) at the moment. Wanted to go back and Platinum the previous games after Platinuming KH3. Working on Reverse Rebirth with Riku at the moment.

that game is not Elona user, its Faraway Story

There's a general in /jp/ for Elona, there's probably more info over there
that game isnt elona though

Whoops. Shows how much I pay attention to details.

You want Elona+ custom. Make sure to use magic and stuff, it's fun!

Is Tokyo Xanadu any good?

I've seen people describe it as budget Persona, so take that as you will.

Playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and just got Zeke so I swapped to him immediately. I can't fucking stand Rex.

Attached: 1f3d2c3f9f9add7d82ed6666732a36e4.png (1124x743, 777K)

I’m playing Azure dreams on my psp right now. It’s been pretty enjoyable so far, I now have 3 of the girls

>after the newest plot twists.
Yeah, the next update is going to answer a lot of questions.

> with at least 3 more chapters to come
I wouldn't even be surprised if there's an act three. If you read the location and item descriptions, you realize that there's a ton of world building, and the player hasn't even explored 20% of the known world map at the end of the current verison.

Attached: Frixis.jpg (640x480, 79K)

Agreed. I just wish we could've gotten Zeke sooner.

>playing
FFXIV
Octopath for the first time
I've gotta finish KH3, and then I'm gonna play Bloodborne too
>On the horizon
XBX PORT FOR SWITCH, DO IT TAKAHASHI, DO IT DO IT DO IT YOU COWARD
Shadowbringers too, I'm finishing my first run through ARR

Zeke should have been the protag Rex is so godamn unlikable not to mention his god awful design

Attached: 1507156743661.gif (300x204, 2.34M)

is that motherfucking Marinet?

also the secret dungeon sure has nice gear

Attached: ScreenShot_2019_0228_17_02_03.png (640x480, 450K)

futaba's dungeon was one of the best in the game, though. the absolute best dungeon is coming up a bit later, but you'll have to slog through the second-worst dungeon before that.

oh nvm im stupid

It's okay but get the eX+ version because it has more stuff

No, it's Frixis. The Moon Goddess. That's an old stat screen the dev made for her, it's over 5 years old. He recently reposted it on his twitter.

vesperias combat was mind numbing, had to quit. story was also dogshit.

>Then you have things like Digimon Cyber Sleuth's hard mode where you have to grind out your ass just to deal with basic enemies
cyber sleuth makes grinding trivially easy and quick, though. three platnumes or platsukas with tactician usbs stacked on them means you'll only have to spend a few minutes grinding.
>bosses have multiple turns
the postgame bosses are complete bullshit with this, see pic related.
>so battles are more or less 50% luck of what they do
not if you have the right team.

Attached: duftmongreatchallenge.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Is Death End Request actually as good as people say it is? Every other Compile Heart game I've played has been trash, save for Mary Skelter. And this is coming from someone who's platinumed most of the Neps.

Attached: granblue_princess connect_kokoro in lyrias dress.jpg (963x1419, 106K)

I am only like 3 hours in and so far it's good.

I got 3 Bad Ends so far but I think I might of missed one or two

>cyber sleuth makes grinding trivially easy and quick, though
It still takes a while to get to the point where you can make the Platinum Numemons or Platinum Sukamons and have them survive hits in hard mode. You're right that they can trivialize it, but until you reach that point you're grinding on garbage, especially without Tactician USBs.
>not if you have the right team.
The demon lords, the final Eater fight before the portal, and the cups beg to differ. Even if you have the right team setup it's still luck if they decide to screw you over or not, look at Duftmon, Beelzebumon, Lucimon, and I believe Lilimon. You essentially need to cheese a lot of them with the invincible retaliations that one of the Royal Knights can do or you're going to get one or two shot, and then look at the final cups where you have things like Diablomon getting two turns of 4000+ damage AoE neutral damage attacks in a game where you have like 3000 HP or thereabouts. Even if you survive it with 1 HP the next hit drops you to death. You also need someone like UlforceVeedramon just so you don't eat shit as soon as the fight starts.

I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm saying it's unbelievably unfair to the player and it's something that puts people off straight from the get-go. Even things like the Seadramon/Flamedramon encounter are awful if you don't grind out of your mind and you still take loads of damage as Ultimate level Digimon.

i just finished it last night and it actually is a good game. the combat system is fun and satisfying, and i wish there were more games like it. the plot seems like one of those generic "isekai'd into an mmo" premises that modern anime loves at first, but then it keeps raising the stakes with more and more crazy shit.
on a side note, the music is really good, too. i love this track in particular:
youtube.com/watch?v=xX8eo3VKBAU

yeah just read the filename after I hit submit. Glad hes developing even more side characters, he is suprisingly good with plot management

>Tons of new content
>Red an Morrie are now party members
>New ending where you can marry Jessica.
>Worse sountrack and no more Super Saiyan HT

This would have been the perfect port if not for that last part. I really hope they port this to Switch eventually. In fact its weird that the PS1 and 2-era FFs are getting ported before any older DQ games are.

Attached: 91ayp7CNKBL.jpg (1863x1704, 790K)

I cant play Knights in the Nightmare.
I was born with a rare condition called only having two fucking hands.

Yggdra Union was my jam though

Attached: 1522113430830.png (750x600, 473K)

I tried playing Rorna for the ps3 when it came out but just couldnt get into it because the combat was a drag compared to Iris and Mana Khemia.

I heard the vita version's is a bit better, should I give it another attempt or say fuck it and skip to Ayesha?

Well, if you have CFW on your 3DS, you can use the patch and replace that awful midi soundtrack.

There's a bunch of freebie DQ avatars on the PSN store that got listed today if anyone's interested.

Attached: 275px-DrackyArt.png (275x198, 48K)

Yggdra Union is one of the games I keep coming back to every now and then. Gravity Chaos is the best card.

Too bad I only have a ps3.

Just get them on the store using your PS3.

Just ordered Death end re;Quest. I liked the rebirths so this should be gud.

Attached: d4756afa06ca2bb2fec90ead5cceb1db7a2b8c90_full.jpg (184x184, 12K)

Sorry, your PC.