What's better for gaming a good pair of headphones or a combination of headphones, amp and DAC?

What's better for gaming a good pair of headphones or a combination of headphones, amp and DAC?

Attached: Headphone-Amps-(L).jpg (1200x800, 113K)

Good headphones will need an amp to push them. I use Sennheiser HD650 and Bottlehead Crack tube amp.

>Good headphones will need an amp to push

Lies.

How much did you spend on a volume knob for all that?

DACs are totally unnecessary and there are loads of properly conducted double-blind tests that demonstrate that once volume-matched, all DACs are indistinguishable from $2000 to the chip on your motherboard.

An amp may be necessary if your headphones do not get loud enough from your source. You can get one for $50 that’s acoustically transparent, and as long as it’s impedance matched to your headphones, you literally cannot do better. Any amp that colors sound, especially tube amps, are flat-out retarded. Even if you were a dumbass that wanted inaccurate sound out of an amp, you could do it with a good amp and about $1 worth of resistors.

Headphones matter immensely. Although mostly for music.

>Good headphones will need an amp to push them
kek

I have a pair of AKG K702. They work well and sound great. If you live somewhere with more background sound you are trying to drown out, I wouldn't recommend them since they don't have active noise cancellation and its not so hot passively.

>nobass

>Sennheiser HD650
I see these recommended a lot, are these meme headsets or legit the real deal?
HD650 seems to be the Herman Miller "Aeron" of headsets.

I use a gaming headset to play games.
Sounds 90% as good as my DT770 w/ AMP/DAC but is way more comfortable, light, has a built in mic and is wireless.
Just don't be poor and get both.

God I wish I understood technology well enough to set up a good sound systen for music. I just buy those cheap speakers plug and play.

I plan on buying the same headset but use the Schiit stack (Magni 3/Modi 3) but I'm debating if it's really worth it.

What is the best pair of headphones on the market? I'm bought to drop like $200 on the sony ps4 gold headset

Attached: the only headphones worth buying.jpg (1024x768, 79K)

based audiophiles preventing any incentive to make headphones sound superb at reasonable prices

Attached: 1532558280427.webm (1280x720, 2.6M)

Usually people recommend the HD600, but that’s out of production now and you can only get the very slightly worse 650 or cheaper massdrop 6XX.

It’s the affordable price/performance champion, with a very neutral (accurate) response. To get anything significantly better, you have to spend an assload more money or deal with some sketchy shitty companies with awful QC. Or take a gamble on kickstarted no-name brands.

For example, the next step up in Sennheiser’s line is the HD700, which sounds worse than the HD650, because the HD700 has ear-piercing treble.

The only reason why you wouldn’t get the HD600 or 650 at that price range is because it has nosoundstage so everything sounds like it’s coming from inside your head. But that doesn’t really affect games to be honest.

Only certain headphones benefit from a headphone and an amp. It'll do nothing for most headphones.

>HD600, but that’s out of production now
no it isn't

Meant DAC not a second headphone

Bass is the bloom of audio. Shit made to cover up poor quality. Clean sound is always best, unless bass is actually meant to be there, which is not so frequent.

That is the dumbest thing I’ve read all day. Having nobass doesn’t mean something sounds “clean,” it means it doesn’t sound the way that it’s supposed to. If you can’t hear the damn bass guitar, that cannot be construed as a good thing in any way.

HD650’s bass isn’t even that bad so you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. I’d expect the Stax memer here to be saying that dumb shit because Stax actually quantifiably has nobass.

Right now I've got this cheap Behringer UCA202 that connects my main monitor to both speakers and my headphones. Sound goes through both at the same time, so I just turn down my speakers if I want to use my headphones. The MAGNI would let me do the same thing, right?

Attached: file.png (1010x568, 1.3M)

I'm considering the Schiit Stack and a pair of HD650s for an entry level set of DAC/AMP/Headphones. I recently got my tax return and want to splurge it all on a better gaming experience.

the atom and ol dac is both more powerful and has a significantly better build quality than schiit's garbage

Atom is on backorder, they don't replenish until late march.

Schiit is bad for the price.

So JDS Labs Atom + Ol DAC (Optical)
And slapping that sucker in my PS4 (Optical) and a pair of HD650s sound good?