Why are people so mad?

Why are people so mad?

This is what progress looks like

Attached: progress.png (1115x565, 767K)

More like this is what late 2010 rpgs look like

First one was released on DS. This garbage is going to release on a plataform thats technically capable of running GTA V.

But the realism would make it look awful

It's like when Metroid went from 2D to 3D. They had a chance to change things up because of new hardware. They thought the original style wouldn't work as well so they took a leap.

It's still boring Pokemon gameplay. The formula is a dried up mess and the least they could do is make it pretty to look at. At the very least they could take a note out of Guilty Gear and DBFZ and do some cool cell shading effects to make it look like the anime. I feel they stick to this boring bland style out of realization the Pokemon is just a money printing machine and that retards will buy it no matter what.

I'm not talking about realism you fucking retard, I'm talking about the map being built around you only being able to walk on a specific straight lined path.

>This is progress
No, this is denial. You same fucks were probably saying the same shit when you saw Gen's 6 & 7 and ended up disappointed as hell. You'll be going back to the same old "wow GF is disappointing, I'm through with Pokemon" rhetoric after Gen 8 releases.

Truly this is next-gen

Attached: Town_Hotel_Exterior.png (1024x768, 644K)

I think Pokemon Let's Go genuinely looks better. This one looks almost like a Unity asset flip because the style is so inconsistent.

I think going for more realistic proportions and shading was a good approach though.

Attached: Lets go.jpg (1024x683, 122K)

Let me guess that 3 foot hill impossible to climb?

Nothing wrong with that if it's done well like other games from the past 20 years with fixed cameras and shit. But it's not going to be so oh well.

Isn't that how every Pokémon game works? You go to different cities in a set order. Why does it matter if they're positioned in a straight line as opposed to a spiral or a zig-zag?

Are you retarded? It doesn't matter what the fucking map looks like as a whole. When you actually get down to playing the games, you've always been directed on a rather straightforward path with hardly any deviations, and it's only gotten worse with each successive generation.

It's still suffering from literal translation.
Same amount of brightness in colour, still can't move the camera and the level of exploration is still like something you could play on an original Gameboy (from the looks of it).
Pokemon needs some sort of renaissance, like it's own BotW or Odyssey, not to make sales because it will already sell like hot cakes but, I dunno, to be cool again...

This series is such uninspired shit, I hope it bombs miserably and gets left in the past.

Because even the routes became more linear in the past few games (granted, they never really were anything else, but still).
So it's not so much the problem that the map is linear, except for some idiots that also complain that BW where a circle, but also just linear route design.
USUM were already terrible in that regard. From the bits we've seen in this trailer, nothing really changed. The region being linear in itself, only makes it worse, because it gets even more apparent.
The Switch is technically capable of something like Dragon Quest XI, which is also a linear game in design. No reason to expect anything less from a franchise as big as Pokemon.

Attached: 1546838194705.jpg (1922x1082, 1.96M)

>retards wanting it to look like the abomination that is detective pikachu

>Literally nobody in this thread or Yea Forums and reddit in general.

It is, The Genwunners and Pretendos are desperately trying to make this game out to be disappointing.

>Little sister got that game when she was little
>Played it a bit then gave up
>"It's a kids game but fuck it might as well give it a shot"
>Played it way fucking more than I expected or intended
Pretty sure there was a character in that game I wanted to bang.

Attached: 1548819067361.gif (683x474, 1.27M)

>Taking away the literal only thing LGEP did right
FUCK OFF GAMEFREAK
WE ARE WE BACK WITH WILD ENCOUNTERS
ALSO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU TAKE OUT THE OPTION TO SEE MY POKEMON IN THE OVERWORLD
FUCK

Looks like an animal crossing game

wrong, LGEP did nothing right
the bad thing is that we are back to gen 6

I'm sure fucking Yea Forums can make a better game than this shit

>why are people so mad?
If this is what a 200 person company can turn out with over half their team gone and rushed to meet a holiday deadline, I expect at least the same from a 300 person company who is in charge of the largest property in all of entertainment

Attached: jtCvah[1].jpg (2700x1519, 2.5M)

Was MySims any good?

>Literally the exact same thing it's always been for over 20 fucking years
>Not disappointing

I couldn't give less fucks

>implying Yea Forums could even decide on the logo