Billion dollar company vs. million dollar company

Billion dollar company vs. million dollar company

Attached: 1551289332509.jpg (1162x1256, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S3xlva-tCOM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

both looks like shit
*dabs*

Bottom one looks way worse.

both looks like shit
*dabs in the direction of *

So why yokai looks like a bad cgi japanese movie

>top
>cozy looking art style
>bottom
>every japanese suburb
naaaaah

Level 5 has more employees than GF
Are you implying if you have more money you shoudl spend more money?
Are you a communist?

bottom looks like a modern jrpg with a world that actually feels alive.
top looks like a low-budget 3ds game that's been upscaled in citra.

I unironically like Pokemon 2019's art style. Now that it's come out it makes Youkai Watch look like an MMD PV or an episode of Kemono Friends.

youtube.com/watch?v=S3xlva-tCOM

Top actually has much better art direction

bottom is clearly a handheld just looking at the graphics.

Top looks much more technically impressive and far more physically accurate. Bottom is clearly missing ambient occlusion on some objects, has seriously flat lighting and has some pissy color grading. Top has more appealing use of ao, actual light shaping on its geometry, has volumetrics, and mixes its warms and cool values well. Part of this is just the time of day, midday/early afternoon scenes always look flat and shitty. The worst thing in the top by far is the terrain.

Bottom has better shota.

>took Nintendo 20 fucking years to make a proper 3D Pokemon
>It still looks like shit.

Cope harder Pokecucks.

Based

>top looks like a low-budget 3ds game that's been upscaled in citra.
Oh the irony

At least use a better picture, OP

Attached: 1548976556364.png (1018x558, 791K)

>an actually realistic design of an area with appealing details.
>a computer game which looks like it's been hacked into an old android phone.
>most prefer the bottom because new automatically = trash

i agreed with you when you compared it to lgpe, but not anymore. the bottom looks too bright and flat.

>People built up Gen 8 so much in their heads that it was going to be the game changer that Pokemon needed that people are pretending really hard in believing that it actually looks even somewhat decent
>Meanwhile the region is a literal straight line and all the starters have the same circular head and twig limbs
I guess Game Freak's shit really just tastes good to people.

Attached: 1535436451101.png (560x788, 755K)

>meanwhile a Digimon game on Vita from years ago looks better than either

Both looke chit , flosses *in anons direction*

The most depressing thing about Yokai Watch is that it's everything Yea Forums wishes Pokemon was but they'll never give it the time of day because "MUH RIPOFF." Yokai Watch 3 in particular has so much fucking content in it that it's got more game to it than all of the 3DS Pokemon shitgames combined. Fucking imagine.

Kys

i like the camera of bottom more

COPE
O
P
E

Wow....just like Britain

YW looks miles better than LGPEE but I like what I've seen of gen 8 a lot more

Yo-kai Watch is genuinely one of the most visually impressive games on the 3DS, right next to Monster Hunter Stories (although I would say YW has way better gameplay than MHS), but yeah. The fact that people get so fucking offended by anything even remotely similar is so goddamn stupid to me, and it's such shitty American logic. Yo-kai Watch 3 is really fucking good, and actually listened to feedback, and actually takes the time to talk and respond to fans, but whenever it's brought up all you get are people doomsaying it. Of course the presence of Pokemon lovers is huge on Yea Forums, so there's obviously a ton of bias.

Attached: 1547710225808.jpg (2566x1446, 1.25M)

This actually looks pretty good. Youkai Watch seems to be at least trying despite being an obscure franchise compared to Pokemon.

Wow Pokemon looks amazing. Yokai Garbage trash looks like shit and if you like that you should get shot.

Its a 3ds game

>Oh yes, Im a corporate pokeshill and im not lying! Please but my latest "fifa" installment of rehashed pokemon game of the week #14442455957!its buzzing!

I enjoy YW and IE a lot more than recent Pokemon.

Just a lot more enjoyable experience and gameplay.

>Yea Forums will shit all over Activision, Bethesda, and EA all day everyday
>Meanwhile the same people literally fucking worship Game Freak and treat them as if they're this small indie company that can do no wrong

i can't wait for the new digimon story game they've been developing to come out. now that they aren't going to be held back by the vita anymore, it's going to run circles around nu-pokemon. habu is the anti-masuda/ohmori - he makes great games, cares about his fans and is passionate about the series.

Yea Forums shits on gf constantly, what are you talking about

it's literally just because pokemon is a nintendo exclusive. if it was a sony exclusive instead, game freak would be the most hated studio on Yea Forums.

childish cute style developed over decades with consistent aesthetic throughout
vs
anime aesthetic of new ip with cartoon characters and realistic backgrounds

Looks like UE4?

I bought Yokai Watch started playing it but the gameplay is a turn off does 2 or 3 fix the combat or should I just buy 4?

>now that they aren't going to be held back by the vita anymore
They didn't feel held back, despite lazy-as-fuck PS4 port, followed by abysmal Vita follow-up which looks like a PSP games in spots for some reason while the PS4 version continued to look like a lazy Vita port.

>brings up Sony for no reason
So this isn't really about Yokai Watch being good. This is just more fuel for your idiotic console wars.

Everyone in this thread is shit *T-Poses and spins in place*

>>People built up Gen 8
Why are you listening to retards? Everyone with half a brain knew this was going to be an upscaled 3DS game, because why the fuck would GameFreak do anything beyond the bare minimum?

Honestly, Pokemon looks great. It needs two things, though. One, having a free camera, which looks like it does but only in certain locations. Two, run at a steady framerate.

1 is entirely skippable, but if you don't like the combat in 1, then 2 won't do you much better. 3 on the other hand is a big improvement overall and changes it from the dial system to a 3x3 grid where you're moving around and positioning in certain ways and baiting enemies to move. If you feel like you can wait for 4 whenever it might come out in the west, then go for it though. 3 also has an easily farmable item that you can use to automatically befriend any Yokai, and has an entirely separate sub-game where you can play Blasters, which was the semi-action game spinoff that's good fun.

Attached: 1535044736829.png (400x240, 72K)

pretty much this. Knowing how retarded Gamefreak is its probably going to be even more blatant railroading every 2 inches like in gen 7, interruptions that serve no actual purpose even for the "story" of the game, and forced "friendly rival" character because they haven't pulled that card enough in the past 5 generations.

I think what I hate about top is that I can see the Pokemon level design in it. I can perfectly visualize what it would have looked like on Gameboy. There's something to be said for maintaining a style, but it feels like the level design hasn't grown at all despite moving to 3D. It doesn't take advantage of it in any way beyond prettier graphics. The town will always just be a weirdly small series of perfectly organized buildings that you can't enter. The routes are always corridors with minor obstacles you navigate the same way you did back in blue and red version.

>techinically impressive

Attached: 1516321729847.png (234x226, 74K)

Why does the new poke game still look like a upscaled 3ds game?

Attached: 1550882772837.png (937x638, 298K)

same engine

Because Pokefags will buy it anyway and Game Freak knows this, so they feel no pressure to put any amount of effort into anything they make.

>Shitty indy game dev butthurt he's game looks worse than a game made by a recycling company
Seeth harder faggot

>mfw a fucking gamecube pokemon game has better graphics than this "next gen" game

Attached: 1521877944972s.jpg (125x120, 2K)

There's a perfectly shaped entrance right there, I'd be shocked if we can't enter that building.

>Tfw i enjoy both yokai watch and pokemon and see no problem with new games looking like this

Attached: 1550351749506.jpg (200x247, 13K)

LOOK MOM I REPLIED TO THEM ALL