/vp/ is being it's usual cesspool of negativity. What does Yea Forums think of them, though?

/vp/ is being it's usual cesspool of negativity. What does Yea Forums think of them, though?

Attached: Screenshot_20190227-104454_Chrome.jpg (719x331, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8HJJrUs-Xc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks like shit just like the past 5-10 years or so of pokemon

There are multiple threads already up about this. KYS, refugee.

It's cool but it could be wayyy cooler

>/vp/ the board for Pokėmon doesn't seem to like this.
>Yea Forums the general vidya board might be different.

Hopefully a return to form. Gen 7 was a complete embarrassment.

/vp/ is filled to the brim with contrarians who hate popular entries and love unpopular entries, solely because of their popularity.

>/vp/ is filled to the brim with contrarians who hate popular games and love unpopular games
>maybe Yea Forums might be different

Fuck off back to /vp/ you moron. That or check the catalog before posting, you fucking idiot
Most of /vp/ thinks HGSS is one of the best Pokemon games, that opinion is about as popular as it gets

Meh Gamefreak bombed pretty bad last gen on the 3DS my favorite being ORAS.

Im hoping they do a better job this time around.

Attached: 1543396551494.png (400x400, 107K)

It's a fucking upscaled 3DS game with extra details and the most bland MC ever designed.
Fuck Gamefreak and anyone who thinks that this shit looks remotely good.

>thinking Yea Forums won't be filled with contrarians
Are you retarded?

>Most of /vp/ thinks HGSS is one of the best Pokemon games, that opinion is about as popular as it gets
Thinking HGSS is better than ORAS isn't, though.

Attached: HGSS and ORAS.png (787x838, 117K)

Looks fine
IF it has an interesting hook to the overarching goal that isnt islands or gyms, ill try it

>Yea Forums
>contarian
Kek, every AAA game is shilled for months on end here, not even by paid shills most of the time. Yea Forums used to be contrarian, now it's much more in line with the mainstream.

See: Nonstop threads about that shitty Spiderman game, RDR2, SSBU

It's hard to NOT be negative after the last 10 fucking years of laziness. My true dream would be for the Let's Go games be quarantine zones for cancerous genwunner casual retards, and the main series can actually start slowly reintroducing challenge, depth, and post game. But gamefreak has proved time and time again that they have not even a shred of dignity or work ethic.

Nobody cares about m*tacritics

I think that pokémon is a shit franchise for toddlers and women and this game just reinforces my point.

This is the best starter they've had in a long while.

Attached: grookey-pokemon-sword-and-shield.jpg (780x439, 32K)

I will be posting multiple threads a month after release as it sells 20 million copies easily in your honor.

>popular games get a lot of attention
>DUHHH SHILLLS
Smash threads have always been a thing you retard. Would you have said that about MGS5 or Undertale just five years ago?

So how do you explain away the fan reaction to and sales of each game?

This

Pokemon started going downhill as soon as they started cutting features in gen 5

>keep seeing it as "gookey"

I'd choose a started named Gook immediately

Same Pokemon with a new coat of paint.
Those starters look really bland too. They all have the same build and saturated color palates

unless it's supposed to be a combination of something and a monkey and that something becomes more apparent it'll be just another bland monkey

The lighting is seriously awful. Grooky and Scorbunny look like shit but Sobble is passable.

It just looks so basic. It's just another drop in the Pokemon ocean.

cute

Attached: 1551052533562.jpg (803x946, 226K)

Attached: rated.png (553x323, 141K)

looks like shit mate, post 3ds Pokemon is an embarrassment

If there is Nintendo and Pokemon on the package, it's an instabuy. They are all the seals of quality I need.

They cut this function off.
I hate this.
Hope for even more casual breeding. Fuck you. I want my PVP mons fast

Attached: Pokemon-Lets-Go.jpg (1024x683, 122K)

Hog feed for brain-dead faggots

Sometimes I wonder how many of these complaints with each pokemon reveal are actually genuine or if they are just people shitposting during the early phases of the hype for easy (you)s, really makes me think. Hard to tell if anyone means it anymore on this site.

Attached: hat.png (433x402, 235K)

Trash.

I saw the thread you posted on /vg/ by mistake.

That won't make the game, gamefreak or its fans less shit.

same thing pokemon's been since 1996
game freak will never innovate, stop expecting them to

LORE

Attached: D0a0xB-U8AABXkz.jpg (716x1281, 132K)

It's just more of the same really. Nothing to get excited about and nothing to get mad at either. I really wish they would do something new with pokemon.

pokemon is for middle schoolers

Looks good.
Needs quite a bit of polish.
Hopefully they ask nintendo for that.

oi m8 bin that sword ya wanker!

Zero. /vp/ is autistic. Legit case of autism.

Attached: D0a_BPGWoAAaF4E.jpg (2048x1024, 378K)

Looks like an upscaled Sun/Moon in an even more linear region, which is exactly what I expected. Giving it a hard pass

All adult pokemon fans are autists

>I really wish they would do something new with pokemon.
heh
>nothing new
shitty same recycled garbage Gen X was much better
>something new
FUCK THIS SHIT THIS IS NOT POKEMON ANYMORE GEN X WAS BETTER FUCK KIDS

Looks fucking awful. Go back to /vp/ you ass-blasted Pokecuck.

>Yea Forums is one person
heh

I hate how literally every single locations in the trailer featured fences, elevated terrain and other obstacles to make sure you never explored jack shit. I'm fully expecting a S/M kind of deal with linear, boring and forgettable routes, now with dynamic camera angle to make you look at all the cool shit you can't explore.

It's really hard going from a Monolith Soft RPG to a Game Freak one.

Attached: 1477279823999.jpg (3989x2529, 3.94M)

That's the worst of these three though.

You think Yea Forums is going to be different? This board is full of contrarians just for the sake of being contrarian.

You're comparing a full budget console RPG to what has traditionally been a low budget handheld RPG up until now.

I'm surprised it looks considerably better than LGPE, because I was sure that's what it was going to be

>tfw ogling elma even in these small screens
what's wrong with me

Gamefreak being gamefreak.

Its a pokemon game so its gonna do well however damn i hate gamefreak. Sure LGPE was trash but atleast implement the good things from it like pokemon following you. Implement ANY good mechanic from previous games that people like!(no mining, no megas, no z-moves, probably a new system that will only be used for this game) But noooo, gamefreak gotta trash everything else, re-use the same engine from earlier games. (looks the exact same thing as sun/moon, fuck it just looks like redrawing sun n moon and porting it to switch)

You are one of the biggest ips in the world. Motherfucking put some effort in your games! I bet you the double kick move is still gonna look shit among other moves.

AND LETS NOT FORGET PEAK GAMEFREAK LAZINESS! THEIR NEXT GAME FROM THE LOOKS OF IT IS GONNA BE PLAYED IN A SINGLE VILLAGE WHICH HAS BARELY ANYTHING IN IT!

Nintendo, take gamefreak behind the shed please. And if you can't do that... atleast take masuda.

It just looks so fucking bland. That trailer said nothing but "Yep it's another one". Even the starters all look identical

Attached: aku.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>pokemon
>low budget
>literally one of the most popular and profitable franchises in the world

>be based on britain
>don't get these designs
>get oogaggly googalee shit instead
Gonna have to tolerate another fucking shitty gen.

Attached: Not our gen starters.jpg (2476x1766, 745K)

I literally can't form an informed opinion on this. I was shown basically nothing. I don't dislike the starters. I thought the environments looked fine. Everything looks "fine."
I feel like that's my opinion on it. It looks "fine", and it could go either way after more information comes out.

I'm pretty sure Pokémon, the most profitable franchise in the world, have always had full budgets.

Also this exists.

Attached: xenoblade 3d.png (480x438, 421K)

>pokemon sweep
>pokemon stall

Do you not know what the word budget means?

We don't know what the budgets are because they're never shared. But there is no excuse for Pokemon not pouring a massive budget into its projects to make something decent.

The rabbit is one of the worst Pokémon ever though

Profitability has nothing to do with budget.

>Also this exists.
I don't recommend you this shit. Just don't

So what are the chances that the legendary Pokémon will have Stance Change as its ability?

Willing to bet we won't get a single Pokémon based on British Isle mythology at all.

It's actually a very good port, it just looks like shit because it's on 3DS.

Pokemon hasn't really been good since the shift to 3D. The only good ones since then have been romhacks of the 3D ones to make them actually have some semblance of challenge. I imagine these new ones will be just as mindlessly easy as Let's Go and Sun and Moon.

Fuck off, Pokemon is shit and you have your own sperg board for it, sperg.

>But there is no excuse for Pokemon not pouring a massive budget into its projects to make something decent.
But they've done exactly this for 30 years, why change now?

HGSS are both vastly better the ORAS, ORAS does a lot right but the hand holding and the delta episode where bullshit along with giving you a free legendary. The only thing HGSS screws is the leveling curve.

I swear to god if there isn't a lake with a shiny regional variant of Lapras roaming in it...

>thinks Yea Forums isn't a cesspool of negativity?
You wot mate?

>The only good ones since then have been romhacks
3D pokemons are much better. 2D was for pure autistic landwhales

Starters look legitimately awful and this might be the most linear Pokemon to date happy with all the sheild-chan art though

Attached: 1551292156789.png (365x473, 187K)

Thank fuck she looks decent after the abomination that was Chicken last time.

What are you gay?

This is the main reason I'm not very excited for the game. The areas just look larger, but you're still gated off really obviously from the world at large

>CHIMP pokemon grookey
>prehensile tail clearly visible
Get this wannabe chimp tranny out of here.
Game is fucked

Holy shit no way

Xenomon never

im annoyed because they didnt show the actual game. like I wonder how it ends up being structurally.

I like them, blue frog and green monk have stupid faces that are funny.

>frog

looks dope, good evolution of sun version

Kek

I think I'll like those two games!

Attached: 8a49a19c2c41e7a2297e571783f3c07d.jpg (1199x1200, 275K)

>contrarians who hate popular entries and love unpopular entries, solely because of their popularity
Where do you think you are?

Not as bad as I feared.
Not as good as I hoped.

the abomination that is torchic ruined any chance of us getting a fire-cockatrice starter

I find it absurd that Nintendo aren't bankrolling a proper update of the formula, but I guess it's still just aiming for the handheld aspect of the Switch.

It's based on the UK so im kinda hyped.

Pretty much this. It'll be a wait and see situation for awhile. I'm leaning towards pessimism right now but that could easily be reversed with the reveal of certain features or a couple cool new designs.

I like Scorbunny in a completely nonsexual way.

Attached: 1551291338326.jpg (945x1200, 100K)

Fire bunny is better

It just looks like Pokémon SunMoon.

Sorry I just like rabbits and rabbit based Pokémon

Houndoom already exists

Looks nice visually. The starters look retarded, but that's par for the course. It'd be cool to like it, but I haven't gotten a huge amount of enjoyment out of Pokemon since gen II, and I haven't been able to convince myself to play ORAS or SM/USUM.

Another Happy Tree Friends starter? Wasn't Chespin enough?

Me too. Growing up and getting a PC hasn't been kind to my playing on consoles. Least of all my handhelds.

It's a pokeyman game.
If you likes the previous 738 titles, you'll like this one too. Otherwise, you won't. They're all the same with a slightly different coat of paint anyway.

Attached: 1532977011591-v.png (847x768, 105K)

Pretty much. Why fix what isn't broken?

Because it gets boring after a while. But the legions of kids who are picking it up for the first time and the adults who somehow never tire of the same exact thing make them more than enough money, so I guess there's not much incentive.

It wouldn't be fair to the kids picking it up for the first time or the adults who somehow never tire to change things up too much. Let's Go was trash because it wanted to do just that.

And that's really the main reason this game looks better by default to me, it's not lets go.

Attached: 1500826709284.png (1202x892, 324K)

>Literally THE most profitable franchise in the world
>Looks worse than DQXI, the latest entry in a "dying" RPG series.

Reminder that both DQXI and Xenoblade 2 are going to be on the same console as Pokemon.

NO EXCUSES

wtf is this shitty logic? why would i enjoy the same thing after 10 times if i originally enjoyed it? people want change, people want to experiment within the pokemon world

>It wouldn't be fair to the kids picking it up for the first time

What? Making the game actually different wouldn't be fair to kids who wouldn't care because they haven't played the old ones? What?

how wouldnt it be fair? the manbabies who want the same thing can just replay old game, its the same fucking thing anyway. and any new consumer won't know what he's missing (or can play old entries).

Let's go was trash because it was the same fucking game, but with a different system for wild battles which was shitty.

Yeah. Me too.

We who have played the classic formula know it's a good formula. Why would you deny people who hasn't played the good formula the pleasure of playing it?

Fire bunny has Mickey Mouse legs. Grookey and Sobble are way better.

>went from every gen improving the previous one to literally two garbage gens filled with trash

the can play the same fucking games you did.

IT'S FUCKING RAW.

Yea Forums thinks you faggots need to keep it on your own board.

Looks mediocre as hell right now.
The visuals are pisspoor given the jump to the Switch. Why did Let's GO look so much better and cleaner?

New starters look uninteresting and samey.

I guess the region might be cool. Will need to see more. Really hope they work on the fps too.

Attached: 1323574342329.jpg (323x400, 21K)

Not really. Global standards for things like graphics have improved since then. Some people can ignore lacking graphics, hell some people can ignore the complete lack of graphics, but most people cannot.

>Why would you deny people who hasn't played the good formula the pleasure of playing it?

Ah, right. Nintendo activates the self-destruct/self-delete codes in all old copies when new games come out. I forgot about that.

Just realized 2009 was 4th gen and the pool of monsters has more than doubled since

age is hitting me like bricks

Graphicswhores have never deserves anything more than abject ridicule. The true video game enthusiast can enjoy games regardless of pretty graphics. Those who can't don't deserve anything.

Seethe harder dmcuck

The standards for graphics in pokemon games are clearly stagnant if this series can still sell 10 million copies per year rofl.

also who the fuck cares? seriously? it being "not fair" for new consumers is the shittiest non-argument iv'e seen as to why not push the series forward

What is my opinion?

Attached: same head shape.jpg (738x530, 92K)

You see people wanting shooters like Call of Duty 3 or old Medal of Honor games, but why do they want those? They can just keep playing old Call of Duty and Medal of Honor games and let the newer generation enjoy the genre's evolution.

t. fedora lord.

pro tip: gaming as a hobby and a medium is not as sacred or even good as you think.

someone on here said "painfully unambitious" and I think that describes it to a t

DENSETSU
NO
KUSOGE

It's a bit odd that we didn't see any other new pokemon, isn't it? IIRC the XY and SM trailers at least showed the stage 1 regional bird, this had nothing and only showed older pokemon. It almost makes me think that only the starters and inevitable box legendary are going to be new, maybe a small handful of others.

Other than that soccer is fucking gay and I really hope the influence is minimal.

Attached: 1546554589901.png (1024x1280, 819K)

"True video game enthusiasts" make up less than 10% of Pokemon purchases. It's a normalfag series, in case you've forgotten.

I was trying to come up with a non-selfish argument, because I just want the classic experience and I am happy that Let's Go isn't a definitive sign of the future.

hunting and cricket are good hobbies

It's a shame they already decided to go with a medieval theme for villain in a game set in fucking Jew York City. What were they thinking?

Attached: Black_White_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png (1207x1280, 498K)

I'm not treating it like a sacred hobby. It's just that passing up old games because they look old is as dumb as passing up an old movie because it wasn't recorded in color. You miss out on way too much good shit by being a shallow fucking moron.

>wtf is this shitty logic? why would i enjoy the same thing after 10 times if i originally enjoyed it?
Some people want to play the same thing forever. See: Madden, Super Robot Wars

Your picking him right?

Attached: sobble_sobbing_by_foxeaf_dd0uf2p-pre.png (1021x783, 927K)

>I want to fuck that bunny!
>MINGE
>OY BRUV I WANNA SHAG ME M90
>shield chan is cute! CUTE!

that sums it up

Honestly I expected much worse so I'm reasonably hype

We saw a Fletchling weather vane I believe, which is a sign that we might see some Kalos crossover. Muh Britain-France.

At first I was feeling very negative about it but I realized my expectations were too high and its still gonna be a good game.i think everything about it from art style to environment design to the starter Pokemon looks way better than Sun and Moon.

>challenge, depth
They've never had this tho. If it did it wasn't present until you did fights with irl autists.

Damn why do I suddenly find female plasma grunt hot? I didn't think this back when I played it

It really sucks to know that the 4th gen was your first pokemon game.
I feel a lot older than I should now, thanks you fucking child.

Plasma are the bad guys after all.
Remember that japs don't have the same medieval sense that westerners do, so they probably just made some silly looking suits.

Words cannot accurately express my levels of disdain for waifufags and their shitty fucking headcanons they always force onto the female MCs and regurgitate everywhere they go.

>port of a wii game

hurr durr retard

>That art
Jesus Christ that was fast. Also no. All the starters kinda look like ass. But I'm going to go with grass chimp because that sounds like it would be a racial slurr and it makes me laugh.

>Admits to pokemon games being good shit
>refuses the notion that more like it should be made

He's my favorite so far.

I'm picking him alright to turn into gecko skin boots

Starters look bad, games look great. Still like an entire generation behind but they've really stepped up their game.

Hopefully his final form is neat.
For lewds, bunnyfucker.

>people want to experiment within the pokemon world
except any changes and experiments ends up with REEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS IS NOT POKEMON OLD POKEMON WAS BETTER right? It's literally fact.

6 was the embarrassment, 7 was literally fine and the best gen since 4.

it's not the same thing at all. more like passing up a movie because it's filmed on a shitty camera and viewed in 480p resolution. which is a valid criticism for a movie, and games are a visual medium so yes graphics are important for the full experience (and no, not every game needs to have AAA realistic gritty graphics or w/e straw man you might want to use, but games need to have appealing visuals)

Besides, old games a lot of time are shitty because of old game design philosophies so even then it's usually fine to skip old games because of their graphics.

>It's a bit odd that we didn't see any other new pokemon, isn't it?
No, the first 7-minute video revealing Sun and Moon didn't show a single new Pokemon (except for a render of Pikipek that somebody was working on and it wasn't intentionally shown), and just revealed the region and game names. The starters is more than I guessed. We didn't get the starters in SM for a couple weeks.

Daily reminder

Attached: 1551295957221.png (262x64, 34K)

Excuse me? Sobble is the best one and needs love and support.

Attached: D0a3OyZVYAIh74G.png (566x488, 189K)

>cancerous genwunner casual retards
>reintroducing challenge, depth
Pokemon is literally GAMES FOR KIDS
Not for autistic 30 years old US landwhales

It looks all right for now, i'm gonna wait until i see more of it until i make my final conclusion though. Since some stuff could possibly change from now to release or maybe something might be shown that makes it much more appealing (Multiple regions)

Agreed
>No dragons despite using the crests. Shameful
>Use lions in the logo and none of the starters are based off of one. Sickening
>the abomination that is torchic ruined any chance of us getting a fire-cockatrice starter
I'd at least settle for a grass/poison version
>Houndoom already exists
The problem there is that it's a 1 headed DOG, give me a 3 headed pupper.

should be fun, I'll probably pick one of them up

what changes? the games are literally the same for 2 decades.

What? I have no idea how you twisted my words to "Pokemon is great." Just because I say that you'd be dumb to pass up a movie without color doesn't mean literally every old movie is good. But quality isn't even part of the question here, it's that we've had 20 years of the same game and that anyone who gives half a shit can go back and play the old ones while Gamefreak tries to do something new. Not that they ever will, they're the laziest devs in existence.

It looks like another Pokemon game. Nothing super special but I'll play it and have a bit of fun nonetheless.

I just don't understand why we have to constantly have new Pokemon other than for Game Freak to say that this is a "new" game. Their creativity well had been running dry the last 2 or so generations. The new starters look so bland, and I can't imagine them having any interest designs for the new 150 batch we'll get. With the decent success of Let's Go, you'd think that they'd realize fans are ok with the previous generations.

Personally, I rather this be a remaster of Heart Gold/Soul Silver or ORAS than be a "new" game.

It has some nice water.

Attached: 1551290616368.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

>stupid round heads
>all got the same eyes
is this real? did arin just inadvertently make a racist joke against asians?

Scorbunny sounds like a porn site.

>"Lol, Yea Forums isn't contrarian. Look at me. I'M contrarian!"
Embarrassing.

>Let's Go
>same
Switchlet?

Dullahan pokemon when
Crow representing Morrigan when

SWORD IS THE BEST

SHIELD IS FOR FAGGOTS

Attached: 1530085278948.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>Arin Hanson

I don't need to read this shitty twitter sceencap to know he's going to say something fucking completely stupid.

Im just starting Sun, is Popplio a good choice for a starter?
Keep in mind I havent played the series since White.

contrarians are so cool!
coolest kids in class

>implying both boards aren't filled with nothing but le ebin shitposting right now
>implying you're not one of them

Attached: 1458254587741.png (400x400, 32K)

The reason we've had 20 years of the same shit is because people still want that shit. If not then it wouldn't have lasted five years.

Based Miiverse water reviewer.

How can someone like Pokemon but also not like this?

This is literally Pokemon 101. It's what the series has always been.

If you dislike this, you just need to find a new franchise, to be honest.

Attached: 4e7yw473.jpg (600x600, 31K)

>let's go is all about fancy throwing shit
>back to these little bitch throws
GAMEFREAK!!!!

Attached: throws like a bitch.jpg (1280x720, 234K)

We hate this dead series more than the retards on /vp/ do. Why do you think we gave you all a containment board for? Unironically go to Reddit, I think that site is more up your alley given that you'll find mindless drones for any shit stain there

Attached: 1541443835552.jpg (416x343, 19K)

NOOO KIDS RUIN MY FAVORITE GAME
I HATE KIDS

I know user I want some pokemon that represent anything other than kawaii ugu shit.

Here you go

Attached: Pokemon.jpg (4790x2529, 1.92M)

>insulting the Galarian pitching technique
fuck off cunt

Let's Go isn't a main entry, and even so the major changes of it are:
- No random battles (a really good change, still not enough to fix this shitty series)
- No wild battles (Honestly I don't care but it's a shitty change because that pokeball throwing mobile shit is aids)

other than that it's pretty much just pokemon yellow with "pretty" graphics.

(also >implying i even own a switch)

>who hate popular entries and love unpopular entries, solely because of their popularity.

How do you spend this much time on a board without reading any of the actual posts that you complain about?

someone BR2049 this nose bandage wearing rabbit.

>Usually prefer offence over defence
>At the same time I like tanks in RPGs
I want to say "why not both", but I won't be buying both games.

whatever you say MARIO WiiU

Water Lizard > Grass Money > Fire Rabbit trash

objective truth.

>No random battles (a really good change, still not enough to fix this shitty series)
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Makes no difference all the starters end up outclassed anyways

This guy gets it. Even if he is a reddit-spacing freak.

Attached: 1530470620767.png (650x1150, 492K)

>I just don't understand why we have to constantly have new Pokemon other than for Game Freak to say that this is a "new" game.
The biggest gap between gens was 4 years between Gen 3's release and 4's. This is nothing new, remember that Gen 7 came out 3 years ago.

Garbage. While Pokemon games are made by the current game developers at GF we will never get anything as good as de DS generations.

No difference

That guy who said normalfags make up 90+% of the Pokemon player base was absolutely right, holy shit. This fanbase has gotten so bad since I last paid attention to it.

The models are fucking horrible, how did they fuck up the most important aspect.

Console war autism always overpowers the need to be a contrarian here

I expected a BOTW equivalent of a formula change. I did not get it. It's still the same game, and it's probably going to be even easier.

What do you expect from GF

>a girl throws like a girl
Color me shocked

SM is the first game where I boxed my starter because I liked all the pokemon in the wild better.

>DS generations.
What is good in DS generations. Post all differences outside
>muh subjective design

Nooo. I shouldn't have to find games I like. Games I don't like should be changed to appeal to me!

>Monkey with stick

WOOOOW

Maybe that's the issue you fuckwits

Attached: 1551285661701.jpg (1500x1500, 413K)

EVERY TIME I THINK I HAVE THE META DOWN, IT'S CHANGED TOO MUCH FOR ME.

>how did they fuck up the most important aspect.
But the battling seems the same as always. If looks were all that mattered then so many people wouldn't have bought the VC versions of Gen 1 where hald the pokemon don't even look like their official art.

What the actual fuck led you to believe that was ever going to happen? Were you huffing glue?

You think i'm a pokemon fanboy? LOL
haven't touched that series since Ruby

Why don't you make threads for the yearly COD and FIFA release too user, they're on a similar level of quality

Attached: img.png (1000x2000, 290K)

I liked gen 1 and 2 growing up. I tried to play 3 but stopped there. For a series all about evolution it sure hasn't done any of that. I wish they would have focused on giving us an improved formula and mechanics over time rather than shitting out 100 pokemon every year or two.

>Ohmori is the director for SnS
Its gonna be trash. If you have any optimism going into this game then you are a fucking fool.

Attached: 1517323071072.jpg (1920x1080, 166K)

No it's the issue for you, not for most pokemon players.

youtube.com/watch?v=G8HJJrUs-Xc

>How can someone like Pokemon but also not like this?
Because I wish they'd try more than just the bare minimum

You're the issue dude. Everyone else is happy with this. Go play Let's Go if you want a change of formula.

>Roll out of the abode for a lovely stroll
>Meandering through the local park when a wild electric rat deigns to dirty my path
>"EY UP YOU FUCKIN NUMPTY, YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET TWATTED"
>Summoning forth my domesticated chinchilla companion to do battle for me, I have it assault the rodent until it is barely capable of moving
>"AWRITE CHINNY-CHIN, ROLL UP THE ROPE AND BINDERS"
>Imprisoning the creature to keep as an indentured servant bound to my whim, I continue going about my distinguished path
>Such is life in good old Galighty

Attached: distinguished gentlelady.png (479x720, 387K)

Why the fuck would I do what you tell me? If you've played all pokemon gens you'd know that DS generations are way better than anything that came after it, and arguably before it.

These new games look exactly like the boring garbage that are XY and SM

>I wish they would have focused on giving us an improved formula and mechanics over time
>gen 3 introduced abilities and double battles
>gen 4 introduced the physical-special split which was huge
>gen 5 introduced hidden abilities
At least your complaint would make sense if you stopped at gen 6.

>He actually think the combat is the most important part and not the fucking pokemon

>choose the ugliest one
>HEEHEEHUU LOOK HOW MUCH OF A PARTRICIAN I AM GUYZ!!!
Don't you ever get bored of this?

The best offence is a good defence

Yes, because the combat is what keeps you playing after beating the E4.

I wish the series would have evolved more than that honestly.

Sad thing is that combat generally has a shit ton of potential but only shines with competitive
I wonder about romhacks which actually do realise that. Might get around to playing Volt Black Blaze white

this

>Wii game ported to a handheld has more content then the next pokemon game
>Retard calls other people retards

Attached: 1544518241833.jpg (398x331, 36K)

It doesn't matter. It'll sell like shit compared to the Let's Go titles and Nintendo will pull the plug on that type while pushing for more like the LG titles. Not only that, it's on the fucking Switch, which, a reminder, you have to pay to just fucking trade worldwide.

>Hurr Poorfag

Why would I endorse something I despise? I think tablets are retarded, and the Switch is even worse than that, requiring a third party to even talk with others on it. Not only that, the online sub, unlike PS+ and its free rounds of games every month, even newer releases, free packs occasionally for games, or XBL with its benefits, it gives fuck-all. AND they are planning to make different tiers for online service. Fuck Nintendo, and a shame Pokemon is going to fall into the mobile garbage heap once this one isn't a success.

>insulting the Galarian pitching technique
Is the goal of the Galarian pitching technique to struggle getting the pokeball farther than 3 feet?
>a girl throws like a girl
a girl throwing like a girl will make it farther than that cunt which seems like she doesn't want to even hit the pokemon. We already have a character that's afraid of pokemon. We don't need one that's a try hard.

Attached: best pitching.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Do you actually think the 10 million people who buy this game even get to E4?

I miss 2D tile top down grid based overworld, Yea Forums.

Attached: gallery_5549_233_12620.gif (500x329, 134K)

>gamefreak literally sitting on a pool full of money
>richer than monolith will ever be
Not an argument faggot. monolith did more with a lesser budget

I like to hope so.

>Gen V
What were they thinking indeed...

Pretty good, but needs more slang in the internal dialogue parts as well.

Ahem that isn't top-down, that's angled.

>Uhhhh there are pokemon in the game??? So it's good????

Based retard

Because this time the games will cost 60 bucks you retarded gamefreak shill.

I think you have that upside down.
>Third title: Pokemon Deterrence

looked prettier than the 3D games for the most part, even when I think GenV added 3D models to the overworld

I'm actually considering picking this one up. With how much time has passed and how many games have been made maybe this one will feel like a decent enough progression compared to the first two gens.

I had the same issue with the Monster Hunter franchise. I only played 1 and FU, played nothing after until 4U. 4 felt like a standalone expansion pack to the first fucking game. 13 years of Monster Hunter and it only feels like the first game with more content. They fucking charge you a yearly $40-60 fee to delete your save and start from scratch with a little bit more content. This is the exactly same feel I've always gotten with Pokemon games. I wish Pokemon games would get their MHW. I consider MHW to be gen 2 of the MH franchise.

I miss 2D tile angled down grid based overworld, Yea Forums.

Attached: AstonishingBetterArachnid-poster.jpg (500x375, 217K)

Where's her ass?

I wish they'd stop making two games per gen

Some people just want more of the same forever

>Why the fuck would I do what you tell me?
>you'd know that DS generations are way better
Impressive. This is board for game discussion.
>IT'S BAD I SAID SO
If you like DS generations you should able to explain what makes them better than new generations. Unless you're underage fanboy

Attached: 1551123134465.png (587x715, 871K)

this fucking guy

Attached: images.jpg (417x498, 70K)

I hated how the default tree sprite/model looked in HG/SS. I wish they were more like Platinum's comfy pine trees.

Attached: B001O1OBFY_img03.jpg (257x192, 37K)

SO MUCH SOUL

It's being made under the direction of fucking Ohmori. The shithead that worked on ORAS and SuMo.

The region looks nice but my expectations couldn't be any lower. I'm already expecting more cut features, for example, look at regional variants, Alolan forms were fucking fantastic, it made older Pokemon relevant. But I'm thinking it may end up like mega evolution and not be expanded upon in this generation.

Fuck Game Freak.

Attached: horrible.jpg (1024x942, 194K)

Imagine going for Shield AND Sobbly. You could just tell how beta this hypothetical person is.

Which one is Norf and which one is Souf?

>those sales figures
How? How the fuck did ORAS sell more than HGSS? The Nintendo DS was the most successful handheld console of all time.

The Pokemon fanbase is autistic and hates change. They're happy playing the same game over and over again with a new coat of paint each time and despise any suggestion that the series should evolve or innovate. Game Freak knows this.

Imagine if Nintendo pumped out nothing but New Super Mario Bros. titles, never trying things like 64, Galaxy, Maker, or Sunshine but were met with endless praise and hostility for suggesting they make something that's not another NSMB game. That's Pokemon.

I'd expect at least a few regional variants. Gen 1 is too popular to not do them.

Worst starters since gen 5 and this image still feels as relevant as ever.

Attached: 15 years later.png (1134x1060, 1.23M)

Hoennbabies are more numerous than Johtoddlers.

>you should able to explain what makes them better than new generations
The fact that they're not boring, hand-holdy, unimaginative, boring, cutscene infested shit

The pokemon consumer group is never not growing. It does not matter how many people outgrow pokemon, since they are replaced by new kids.

I thought more Gen 1 Pokemon would end up getting megas in Gen 7, but Kanto pandering only goes so far, and if it makes Game Freak have to put in more work then they won't do it. It seems a running theme for them is to introduce new features but never expand upon them in future titles.

>SuMo
don't be a faggot

imagine being this contrarian

It looks about what I expected.

Attached: 1445933871253.jpg (560x461, 18K)

>/vp/, the containment board for delusional poketards, is shilling the game less than Yea Forums is

This place is more of an embarrassment every day

Attached: 1526546650193.jpg (463x700, 33K)

I liked USUM more than SuMo, it was overall a mediocre experience, just like ORAS was.

It's SM you retard.

imagine being this retarded, Im so sorry user

Heh you can be patrician meanwhile I'll be swimming in pussy. I'll go with the bunny everytime.

Attached: CIobhw6VEAA6ojR.jpg (200x195, 9K)

>The fact that they're not boring
DS generations are boring
>hand-holdy
Polemon is game for kids. 3+
>unimaginative
Pretty imaginative. Unless imaginative = 2d only
>boring
New gens are not boring. They're full of fun.
>cutscene infested
So you hate cutscenes? They're pretty harmless

Attached: 1551108507144.jpg (807x802, 74K)

Pretty sure user meant gen 4 was his last gen you senile piece of shit

Hope they put a JobCenter in the game

/vp/ landwhales hates Pokemon games

/vp/ loved the reveal though? what are you on about

>downgraded chimchar
bunnycucks please

Last time I checked sado-masochism hasn't been officially a part of the Pokemon franchise.

Because /vp/ knows how shit the series has become and that there's nothing to be excited about, they were burned with X/Y and S/M and then cock-slapped by LGPE.

3D BAD
2D GUD

Are there any decent emulators for Switch yet? No way I'm buying the console just for this.

Attached: 1520739116621.png (404x404, 118K)

Looks like the water from morrowind

>every single game in the franchise is abbreviated with the first letter, with the exception of HGSS and ORAS because they include a prefix
>Sun and Moon have no prefix
>HURR SuMo

No one really cares about the UK tho

>Polemon is game for kids
This is the worst excuse everyone just loves to pull out of their ass to excuse the games being shit. Kids play fornite and theyre not as handholdy as pokemon.

If you think DS games are boring, how did you manage to make it through the 3DS shitfest? Cutscenes are harmless? Not if they stop you on your tracks every few steps to tell you some shit that you can skip by mashing A and you will not miss anything. They're not harmless when they ruin your experience.

3DS games are garbage and these looks exactly the same.

You're the retard saying that Pokemon Sadomasochism is a real thing.

>3D spics can't explain how 3D pokemon is good so they rely on the npc meme
2D BAD
3D GUD

Look at the revenue figures. ORAS was cheaper than HGSS

Lol @ Yea Forums and /vp/ talking trash about each other when you all know good and damn well you're both crossboarders.

>how shit the series has become
Series getting better with every new title. Now it's not autistic fest for autistic fat US landwhales.
The fact that autistic fat US landwhales even defending old shitty god awful EV/IV mechanics proves it.

Attached: 69354167_p0.png (1061x1500, 2.26M)

>the 3D models are good
>perpetually flying pokemon are good, even ones that don't fly much
>washed out colors are good
Do you not have eyes or something?

Attached: pokemon_icon_178_00.png (240x240, 20K)

I want the plot to at least be loosely based around the Knights of The Roundtable with the 3rd legend being the lady of the lake. That big ass lake in the middle has to be used for something important.

>3D spics can't explain how 3D pokemon is good
>"imagine being this contrarian"
>2D spics can't explain how 2D pokemon is good
>npc meme
What?

>fire bunny
>not waifu
baka desu senpai

You're the retard for only thinking SM can stand for sadomasochism and can't figure out context clues.

>Series getting better with every new title
imagine having taste this shit

Took me a few second to realize your image wasn't a .gif.

Here's the animated form.

Attached: xatu-f.gif (111x63, 92K)

You have to be into SM to willingly play this series every entry

>washed out colors are good
What? Post example of washed out colors. And post what is your "washed out colors" means

K U S O G E
U
S
O
G
E

Attached: 1546723844576.png (2004x2336, 3.31M)

got something to tell us, user?

I honestly think that Shield-chan is the best looking pokegirl so far. I love her outfit and her hair.

It was a piece of linear shit with no freedom no endgame horrible characters incredibly shit designs fucking gen 1 recolors and

It was just shit.

Luv Galar.
Ate Kalos
simple as

Attached: file.png (810x713, 316K)

>X/Y isn't kusoge
It's probably the worst entry in the entire series.

source: my ass

it's almost like old good, new bad, amirite fellas???

I was really disappointed with ORAS and XY was a bit of a letdown after one playthrough too, so I skipped all of gen 7
I was personally rooting for the Stars rumor to be true back when that was a thing, so this using the same graphics that the 3DS couldn't handle is cool with me. I like the characters art style now

That all said, I'm mainly hype for it cause I got a switch for free and have no reason not to check out the newest generation now

What do you think the obligatory human female looking pokemon will be? My bets on a new ghost type waifumon,

his twitter profile pic is really bad

did x/y only have those awful rollerblades and no bike, can't remember

ate unova
bloody yanks

please refer to

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Emerald, so I want to pick it up for that reason alone.

Of course. There should be threads in archives where anons shitting about HS, BW and BW2. But now they're kamige lmao

Notice how Blastoise is nowhere near as blue as he used to be?
if someone could point me to where I can find non-miniscule sprites, that'd be cool

Attached: blastoise 2.png (242x115, 12K)

Girl is cute and map looks comfy, I'm happy

Attached: 1551046883876.jpg (1000x1019, 195K)

first post best post
goddamn

Just play the DS games (not 3Ds), they're literally the peak of the franchise, it's unlikely to ever be that good again

They had both, at which point rollerblades become useless because why the fuck would you use them over biking?

/vp/ is filled with the worst transfags, gays and furries you'll ever meet. I'd take the sissies and closet homo's of Yea Forums over them any day.

>there are "people" who won't play as the cute girl

Attached: img.jpg (803x946, 93K)

It had both. It was the most forgettable title for the sole reason that there was nothing important or significant enough to remember.

Not gonna refer to shit, and I'm especially not gonna take your bait.

yeah, but we don't want you, pokefaggot.

Looks more like the colouring in the Sugimori artwork, the sprite is over-saturated

Attached: 009Blastoise.png (1280x1280, 1.28M)

>gen 3

Attached: 1321534876908-9-9.jpg (1166x420, 49K)

It doesn't really feel like the next stage of Pokemon RPG evolution really. It just seems like just another 3DS installment, except its on the console technically, and is gonna be $20 extra for basically nothing. Also remember,
PAID.
ONLINE.
POKEMON.

Go back to your containment board and stay there, sperg.

Except even then the 3D blastoise is still way too pale blue.

So tldr, Yea Forums thinks it's okay?

these, but I'd also bet on a big reason being emulation. DS flash cards were super fuckin easy to get and came about by the time Diamond and Pearl were released, compared to 3DS emulation that only really hit its stride over the last 2-3 years (after ORAS were released)

Fairy type to rep leanan sidhe

Look at the belly user.

looks shit, which isn't surprising, given it's pokemon

Eh, this really depends on the Pokemon. Look at Drampa, he's pretty much the same colors as he was in the past.

Attached: drampa sprite.gif (500x500, 271K)

A bit, but it's much closer to the official artwork than the sprite which is clearly what they were going for.

Attached: mega_blastoise_battle_1.jpg (530x318, 121K)

It'll be a better game and sun and moon if they tone down the amount of forced unskippable cutscenes everytime you a need to go somewhere and just let you explore. This is modern gamefreak though so expect to get your hand held all the way to the hall of fame by your friendly rivals

Okay, can I get a non-shitpost answer?

Is, is this bait?

It all went shit with ORAS and Ohmori as director.
Pokémon could be argued to be a low effort franchise but that was the point when GameFreak bacame insultingly obvious about their lack of effort.

>Shit designer is who can't make things cute without a huge head and spherical forms tiny body is back
>Masuda
>One starter is a baby Emerald Congalala
>That fucking rabbit

Lmao

Attached: Soybble.jpg (800x621, 172K)

>same colors as he was in the past
>in the past
alternate timeline user? i-is that you??

imagine if there wasn't a champ fight

It's looks like SM 2.0 but with somehow worse starters
Take that as you will

It just looks like more of the same old shit to most of the people here really. Which is bad, cause this is gonna be the first paid online, console graphics pokemon game.

That's not really the soi mouth, it looks more like it's gasping

THIS

I honestly like these starters more than SM's. Most people are in agreement since literally the only negative reaction I've seen to any of them has been and it's a huge reach

Yea Forums is the containment board

Cricket Batter to SSSSMASH that water starter and i love my water starters

Same saturation but little more brighter. Is this what you call "washed out colors"? Clearly not

Attached: 132154376587978.jpg (170x169, 6K)

I like Britain.
I hate Gamefreak.
Will not buy.

>Shit designer is who can't make things cute without a huge head and spherical forms tiny body is back
This make no sense at all.

>I like Britain.
LOL

Cunny

Attached: E683A5A3759E4397BBBB9AEBBE4BA167.jpg (800x1268, 76K)

I always gravitate towards either water abd I am not feeling the bun so sure.
Unless we get another popplio situation.

I'm from a timeline where instead of Kanto pandering it's cancerous Unova pandering

WHAT

Attached: shake 1.jpg (261x193, 9K)

looks good, hopefully its more expansive then the 3ds games also
>Burgers have 3 regions
>japan has 4
>Europoors have 2, only one per country
OH NO NO NO Britbongs btfo.

yeah but you know Yea Forums logic, if your mouth is open even slightly, it's soi

>/vp/ is filled to the brim with contrarians who hate popular entries and love unpopular entries, solely because of their popularity.
user...

>Shadman

Attached: 1523337093278.gif (500x528, 384K)

Nah they wouldn't do that, it's too innovative. In an unnecessary and lame way but still innovative

DEEP LORE

Attached: 13215437658979879797.jpg (1200x800, 106K)

Will they bring back challenging modes or is it going to be another easy as fuck entry?

/vp/ was right only once
about Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Worst Pokemon cashgrab

gen 4 was 2006

I'm sorry but that design looks plain awful. Almost like furry badge or something

Naming my Scorbunny "Blossom".

I think this is the most sound way to look at it right now
It's got a lot going for it, it's undoubtedly an upgrade from SM, but yeah there are things about it that could definitely be better.

Probably won’t be good enough to make me buy a Switch

The system seriously has nothing to offer that you can’t get with emulators

I had so little expectation that I actually found the reveal pretty good. I'm rather optimistic there.

Attached: img.png (2362x2362, 2.38M)

All they need to do is post game, HOT characters/pokemons so I can make some $$$, even more casual breeding and more pvp related things. /vp/ and nostalgia autists can suck cocks.

Attached: 1551115140084.png (875x1400, 820K)

Enjoy paying for Pokemon trade.

but they already had the gall to remove the battle frontier from oras, just keep removing the good things gamefuck

I enjoyed it. But yeah, it should have been post game DLC.

The government is not the people, mutt.

Oh almost forgot. The dream. Proper fucking pokedex. With stats, numbers, moves so I don't need to use shitty wikipedia. Pokedex is most useless thing in Pokemon universe. And of course I need IV/EV options in trading.

X/Y is a fantastic game for collecting, it's just shit-tier for battling, so "mediocre" fits it well

This. Everyone was hyping this Pokemon game up as the one that will make the Switch's sales go through the roof, but not only is it clear to everyone its more of the same rather then an actual upgrade like with BoTW or Odyssey, but its gonna be the first Pokemon game to ever have paid online. That means, one of the biggest appeals of these games, buying one, having a friend buy the other, and trading between them, you friend is gonna tell you "Switch online sucks dude, sorry but I'd rather just play the game and not bother trading, I refuse to pay for their online." Isn't a paid online Pokemon game on paper, a bad idea?

>comparing cool european heraldry to modern day furfaggotry
what the fuck

Attached: • •.png (388x330, 111K)

>bad idea
Pokebank. But yeah paid online is shit no matter what.

I was pretty excited about it but Ohmori is the fucking director again so you know it will be nothing but a casual, cut scene driven game. Also they just ripped the main character models straight from S/M and the resolution looks like garbage. I'm expecting nothing and I know I'll still be disappointed.

Attached: 1546733996710.jpg (1024x1079, 116K)

It looks fine. Basically just like the 3DS games but with better visuals. Personally with the power of the Switch I would have liked something that played more like the GameCube Collesium and Gale of Darkness games but with the openness of Breath of the Wild. I also would have liked it if they looked to the enemy animations from Dragon Quest 11 as an example of how to give turn based battles more life. Buuuuuut it's fine, I'll play it. It's a lot better than Let's Go so at least there's that. Sucks that following Pokemon are gone though. Hopefully they release an upgraded Switch before this game comes out because I haven't got one yet and don't want to buy the standard model at this point since I'm sure an upgrade will be here in a year or two.

Pokemon Detective unironically looks like fun movie

>there personalities line up with the girls in a way as well
3DEEP5ME

It doesn't look like Heraldry, it looks like furshit, it's all in the artstyle

>Smash
>Shilling
If shit like that which has been part of Yea Forums since forever is shilling to you then you're probably one of those faggots who think Yea Forums would be paradise if it was 24/7 twitter threads and greentext anecdotes of generic mechanics of non-named games

Attached: D0cBzIjV4AEjCw_.jpg (888x828, 109K)

>literally only want to play this because the girl is cute
fucking hell how does GF keep doing it

fuck off pedo

Yo... What if the IRA is the evil team? That would be extremely epic. Up the RA baby.

Attached: flag.jpg (767x575, 92K)

At least the male MC has a cool hat

What has Ireland ever done to prove that it even deserves to be its own nation?

kanto did nothing wrong

Attached: 1534052939045.png (426x330, 118K)

Male MCs are always shit-tier compared to the girls and this is no exception

Attached: 8e6.png_large.png (388x613, 393K)

The problems and faults with the Pokemon Company are showing way more then they were before now, due to this game being on the Switch. Try to recall the original appeal of the Switch:
>"We want to shake things up. We want to play with our IPs and try to do things differently"
>Breath of the Wild
>Super Mario Odyssey
>Both massive and much more open games then previous installments

To me, this tread seems to be continuing even with Yoshi's Crafted World. Having 3D aiming. plus the game being 2.5D really shakes it up for a Yoshi game of all things. Its why everyone wants to see what Pikmin 4 might look like. Its why everyone wants to see a actual 3D Kirby game to come out on the system.

Now look at the new Pokemon game. Nothing much has changed with the series here. Did they not get the memo? Where are the joycon gimmicks? The Switch is all about changing IPs for the better, but here, it feels like the Pokemon Company still has cold feet, like they are making a game for the Wii U 2, not the Switch.

male mcs were good up until gen V

nigger you ain't no Roman

Nope.

Seething A*gloid. Read a fucking book will ya? Or maybe you'll get another car bomb in Derry.

Attached: ira no anglos.png (574x354, 438K)

Forgot to add this, it feels like they are making a game while feeling like the console is going to fail like the Wii U did, when the Switch already surpassed that systems failures a while ago.

yep

based

Attached: tmeme.png (838x486, 189K)

Australian and Brazil region when
>inb4 Australian region is too hard for children userbase

Attached: bruce.gif (399x369, 39K)

Does Yea Forums have their battle/pokemon/starter and walking Loicense?

You got 6 and 7 backwards

Patrician Hellboy reference

This is not a opinion with any thought behind it.
Because the reason you think that is because you are male and "think" with your dick. Its the other way around for women they pick dudes for the exact same reason.

based

Attached: aussies.png (577x382, 272K)

am i the only one that cant wait to marsturbate to the girls? holy fuck do they look amnazing

I think alolan sandshrew and vulpix a cute
But that's all the good that gen 7 brought

Anyone else planning on staying away from news to go in as blind as possible? It's been a while since I've played a Pokemon w/ zero spoilers (gen IV)

>Australian region
>13 million sales in Australia alone

Attached: 15512924685150.jpg (267x274, 24K)

Densetsu Kusoge
Might as well call it Let's go Pikachu & Evee 2: Electric Boogalo Galar region.
looks mediocre as Sun Moon and Ultra, wont even bother shitposting, I miss Black and White 2 Bros the last game with SOUL.

Attached: 1517175466871.png (300x325, 84K)

Gamefreak itself is a relatively small dev studio and each mainline game takes only takes about 2.5 years to develop

and when they make this much money there's not much point in investing in more resources, people tend to forget they're a business first

You don't even know what that means, do you newfag?

>australian region
>government roadblocks prevent you from doing literally anything but let you participate in national sorry day

Australian region would be unironically great.

Female MCs have been superior literally since the beginning.

He's right though. It looks awful and you need to grow up

>newfag
Been here since the 2016 election buddy. Try again.

I think you need to go back to /vp/ where you belong

badass

>2016
>Not new
Kek

le monkey face makes a grand return

What the fuck

Champion is an emu

Attached: joke.gif (480x368, 1.43M)

If it was a let’s go game it would actually be a good game

all new legendaries are emus

>Black and White 2
Someone post archives with shitposting about Black and White. It was shit game 7 years ago.
>Sword will be KAMIGE in 2026

do u liek sobblez?

No they haven't you fruitcake faggot

Red > Green
Gold > Kris
Lucas > Dawn

May > Brendan
Hilda > Hilbert
Rosa > Nate
Serena > Calem
Moon > Sun

Can someone please explain me whats the difference between the two? Sorta like sapphire and ruby?

Attached: fp.png (399x399, 110K)

Looks like late PS2 water with a flat texture.

autist girls are really easy to force yourself on idiot

I like Sobble cause it sounds like it's gonna cry and that's relatable

>PS2 water
DUDE

Well, I think Ishihara went on record saying that he really thought the Switch was going to be a failure. Wouldn't surprise me if SwSh were originally done on 3DS before being told to retool it for Switch.

>/vp/ is being it's usual cesspool of negativity
/vp/ is sucking this game's dick hard, as usual. They'll probably start shitting on it the moment it comes out, though

Hmm the DS era was five save for BW and BW2
The GB and GBA era had solid games all around tho
This entire decade 10’- present was all bad to decent at best. Hopefully this new one changes that.

same

All regular Pokemon are poison or water type. Or both.

>Red > Green
>Gold > Kris
>Lucas > Dawn
Objectively incorrect

Pokémon is meant to be played by toddlers, not even kids.

Sun Wu Kong right?

This guy fucking gets it.

Attached: 1551290316402.png (1828x1412, 3.19M)

I like all three starters and I think the world looks nice but if it's full of tutorial cutscenes I will drop it faster than I dropped sun/moon.

Nobody knows yet.

Most /vp/ posters are Switchlets.
They still posting bullshit about LGPE

>SnS
>not SS
Fag.

It fucking better be, but I doubt it.

X&Y are the best games in the series followed by Sun & Moon. Wtf are you on about?

Sun/moon are the worst games in the series

Well then I guess you have shit taste. Oh well

LGPE exist

Says the shitter who plays as the male MC

why dont you stop existing instead

Doesn't look like any following pokemon which is a huge negative. Not really excited about how linear the region seems but I'm hopeful we'll get some dungeons (hopefully, but with this director who the fuck knows).

The actual Pokemon are good which is what I'm happiest about. Also fuck the retards whining about random encounters and turn based battles still being a thing.

Attached: 1551303997232.gif (368x368, 1.11M)

I loved it.

Haven't played a Pokemon game since I dropped X.

Because I'm perfect. Your existence is the real crime here.

>plays as the male MC
Only for those three characters. Everyone else I play female MC

Just looks like X/Y except without the Mega Evolution gimmick to make people excited.
It's going to be really bland and even more people will become jaded toward the series.

How could you love this if you hated X/Y? It's just the same shit except with industrial looking towns instead of french inspired ones.

Infernape already did that

what would the starters be?

Echidna, platypus, koala? but we already have a koala pokemon

Scorbunny is guaranteed to be good because its the fastest. There has never been a bad fast fire starter. God, I hope its Fire/Ground.

If you had any tasted you'd play as the female MC at every opportunity.

Fuck no. We already had a god damn chimp as a starter. I'm fucking sick of monkey Pokemon. We don't need 5 each region.

>No one commenting on the games being called Pokemon/SS/

>No one drawing porn of the male character getting fucked by every older female in the games

have we had a kangaroo starter

All DS pokemons looks same too

More furry female bait!

Nobody gives a shit about the male trainers in these games. They could remove the boy/girl choice at the beginning and just have every protagonist be female from then on and pretty much nobody would complain.

Barely.

This probably sounds retarded but im really excited for this region, as a britfag, it'll be fun to see how they adapted the country I grew up in to the Pokemon world

of course the kangaroo is fire/fighting

I WANT TO FUCK THE FIRE BUNNY

Even the way they've done this direct shows that they couldn't give two shits about making this series quality.
Usually you'd expect a big game announcement like this to be revealed at the end of a direct, like Link's Awakening, or during something like E3 to build hype. This time they were just like
>oh the last direct didn't encourage investors enough
>eh let's just throw out a trailer and talk in front of a camera about nothing for 5 minutes. It's Pokemon. They'll eat this shit up no matter how we present it

>chicken
>abomination
unbelievably shit taste

somebody tell me what the best pokemon game is

Not everybody is a pathetic obsessed cuck who can only get into things when there's waifu characters involved.

3D gen is best. Don't listen retarded /vp/tards and Switchlets. But don't play Sun/Moon, play Ultra versions

This is actually more than we've gotten for the last few gen reveals though.

Black / black 2

I'm most interested in seeing what the countryside areas look like, never liked heavily-urbanised areas too much whether in real life or vidya

All they had to do was keep overworld pokemon and having pokemon follow you like let's go, but let you battle and catch them like normal.

how did they fuck this up? So glad I already own Let's Go and Pokken, which will unironically be remembered as the best Switch Pokemon games.

Attached: 1550034462464.gif (480x270, 346K)

>both gen 6 and 7 are unpopular here, people have discussed to death what was wrong with them
>new game revealed that looks to be the exact same shit despite being on an actual console for the first time
>people suddenly come out of nowhere claiming that 6 and 7 were great
like fucking clockwork

White / White 2 is the objectively superiour version(s) though

Ok but nobody is having the important conversation. What are their SECONDARY types Yea Forums

None of them are especially good. Even the Jhoto ones that people seem to put on a pedestal are mediocre at best. The gameplay of this series is way too fucking slow and simplistic. Yeah it was fine in 1996 when gaming was more limited, but you'd think they'd try to innovate the series as time went on, but no. It's just the same mediocre shit again and again and again.

Lmao still looks like it's running off the fucking sun and moon engine. Pokemon fans are fuckin stupid for supporting a company that doesn't want to put effort into their games.

Attached: 1466799600141.gif (294x238, 3.01M)

How so? Never played white

All pokemon games is linear, this one just doesn't try to hide it with the map layout.

Seems fine. It'll be another formulaic pokemon game that I'll beat over a week and then never touch again.

Looks meh. Haven’t bought the last few doubt I’ll get this one.

World looks a lot better than the last few 3D games at least. By gamefreak standards that’s quite an effort. Lame there’s no following pokemon and I’m sure other features will be cut.

Will probably be just as ‘fine’ or ‘good enough’ like a lot of other pokemons. I am neither upset or excited, just apathetic.

HG/SS

Nah eat shit

Attached: 57bc7ef02b0989842fb87e393982856a.jpg (345x525, 32K)

I'm kind of hoping that the bunny is Fire / Electric, that we get a wizard of oz ass grass / flying monkey, and I'm not sure about the salamander but he A CUTE

I didn't hate X, it just didn't keep my interest.

This looks a bit more dynamic and I already am much more interested in the region and starters

Holy trinity is BW2, Platinum and HGSS. Emerald, FRLG, BW1 and USUM are all pretty good too.

Because they know the game is lacklustre so they need to show more to get people talking.
If the game were good they would show glimpses, like with BotW's reveal where they showed still images. Those were enough to build hype because it looked new and exciting. Here they knew that just throwing the starters out and showing footage of running would build hype because people don't care as long as they get to see more Pokemon.

>ugh they showed so little its like they have no interest in the game
Actually they showed more than usual
>ugh because they had to get people interested because the game is so lackluster
Thanks for the laugh bro

Attached: 1543937960940.gif (499x268, 172K)

>X&Y are the best games in the series followed by Sun & Moon
Hahaha holy fuck user, you don't actually believe that do you?

People seemed t find S/M alright but I guess post-release hyped died and people thought about it a bit more.
Then USUM came out and that just cemented issues seen back then
Totems and ultra necroza was alright though

These people have the mentality of children. Do you really think they care about quality? They could throw out a steaming pile of shit and label it the new Pokemon game trailer and people would be excited because they know the fans have a child's brain.

The actual Holy Trinity is BW2, Platinum and Emerald, HG/SS tried very hard to polish a turd but in the end Gen 2 was just too fundamentally flawed to fix

Then why would you like that shitty bunny?
Maybe the evolution will be better

Platinum, HGSS and B2W2

>nat the lich

Attached: 1519231870229.jpg (600x700, 226K)

>baw why isn't everyone dicksucking muh game
And what makes you not contrarian?

>HG/SS
Not with that level curve and pokemon distribution.

>ugh they showed so little its like they have no interest in the game
Do you have reading comprehension problems? My post didn't convey anything along those lines.
>ugh because they had to get people interested because the game is so lackluster
Again do you have reading comprehension issues? That wasn't my point at all.

They're gonna have to add every single walking animation of every pokemon plus the new ones. I know they're made already but its probably gonna blow up the game somewhere somehow.

But I thought /vp/ hated it

>complaining about the difficulty in pokemon
im sorry user, this website is 18+

I'm just hyped for a new generation Pokemon game that I can play on my TV.

Also I'm excited to play as the girl and dress her up in cute outfits.

Attached: 43978349478398.png (363x369, 219K)

REMINDER
genwunners are retards

Attached: 1551293723900.png (1918x1772, 1.63M)