Is this game worth playing? What classes are useless?

is this game worth playing? What classes are useless?

Attached: 6301077939abed0a152034dee5ebd3bba97b872e.jpg (616x353, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S8G2qhOKQmk
steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/1/1499000547472742250/?tscn=1551290630
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#am000000000003005700000000000064000000
youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA
youtube.com/watch?v=8XBlBPtQW6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes
Assassin is best class.
>inb4 strider
Magick Archer and Mystic Knight are OP as fuck. Strider is straight up broken.
Berserker is boring, so is mage and sorcerer.
Fighter is most balanced.

>is this game worth playing?

Absolutely. It is a great, great game. It is all the things Skyrim can only dream of being. I consider DD:DA to be the best RPG of this generation standing equal to Witcher 3.

No class is useless, but mage is for pawns. There is nothing wrong with starting as mage if you plan on switching to sorcerer. But overall is mage the healing class, and that is not really exciting to play as yourself.

>Witcher 3
Witcher 3 isn't even a RPG though.

ok I have a question I've been wanting to ask about this game cause I've played it before for like 30 hours but dropped it

what is the way you're supposed to do vocations? are you meant to constantly switch them to level up stats that will make other vocations more powerful, or should you settle on one class that you like after you have all available to you?

Classes for people who like to be on the offensive constantly:
>Assassin
>Ranger
>Magic Archer

For those who want a mixed bag:
>Fighter
>Mystic Knight

For those who want to spend 30 minutes waiting for the perfect moment:
>Sorcerer
>Warrior

lol:
>Mage
>Strider

Attached: Arc of Deliverance.png (405x532, 185K)

just play whatever you find fun. min maxing is not necessary as a high level character can shit on anything with good gear.

if you're a minmax fag then you do 200 levels in the class you don't want to do then finally play the class you want.

Otherwise who gives a fuck. most of your stats come from gear over your level ups. If you're too concerned about it (like Magick Archer getting Magic Defense the most), then use mods

warrior is literally just MonHun greatsword modo

That is entirely up to you. If you want to get the most out of your character switching vocations to unlock the stats and skills that you want is a good idea though.

are there respecs at least?
that will make me much less hesitant to to just jump in

this is mostly right, as a Warrior it feels rewarding as fuck landing bick dick Arc of Deliverance as your Fighter pawn grabs attention

what's the practical difference between assasin and strider? They seem to fill te same niche and I want something mobile yet damaging

More than worth it. It starts off a slog until you get to the capital city. There is no level scaling and it's easy to wander off into areas where you are extremely outleveled. Bitter Black is best played post game. Everyclass has it's use just play according to taste. I guess the hardest to like are mage because playing support in this game is boring and warrior which would normally be great but is very gimped by 3 skills as opposed to the normal 6.

Some skills unlocked through certain vocations are usable with other vocations. That's the only reason to grind as vocations you want to play as. Like everybody else said gear more than makes up for stats you get min maxing and waiting until the last 10% of the game to actually play the vocation you want to play as.

You can switch vocations and skills you've unlocked at any given time at the inn. The game never forces you to get stuck in a single class.

>I consider DD:DA to be the best RPG of this generation

What I loved about DD:DA so much was that it was a very good and interesting game at the start, and then after going further into to the game and gaining levels the game started to become great, and then after going even further into the game and gaining high levels the game became extraordinary and just seems to keep getting better. Anyone who has played through it knows what I mean. The game goes from OK to "Holy !@#$!" as you progress. Not many games do that. It truly leaves you wanting more like any great show does. I cannot wait for Dragon's Dogma 2.

Strider is a fantastic vocation with fun skills and one of the most damaging physicall skill: skill splitter. Nobody should underrate the strider.

I started it two days ago, been playing as fighter so far with a qt mage healslut pawn, been having a lot of fun
I've been wondering though, does mystic knight get healing spells? Cause I wanted to get it so I can heal my pawns whenever my mage is too retarded to notice that two of them are down to half health but none of the basic spells offered healing

Attached: 1537049966709.png (928x1080, 634K)

Min-maxing won't really matter in the long run in spite of class-specific growths since most of your meaningful stats will come from your equipment. You can change classes and mix-and-match skills once you get to the main city.

The only thing that'll really make a meaningful first-time choice is your character's build, since that determines how much weight you can carry before speed penalties kick in, as well as stamina capacity/regeneration. Even then, you can change that later too.

Strider has more mobility while Assassin is true to its name and murders everything

The game is built around the idea to switch classes often. By playing a class you unlock passive skills that you can use for whatever class you want to play. Warrior for instance has a passive that gives 20% more physical attack power, sorcerer one that gives you 20% more magical attack power. The game expects you to switch classes and use these passives.

>You can switch vocations
so for example, you can switch from mage to warrior with no downsides?
is this free, or do you have to unlock something later in the game

>Cause I wanted to get it so I can heal my pawns whenever my mage is too retarded to notice that two of them are down to half health but none of the basic spells offered healing
And this is why you play the same class as your pawn for a while. The game should really teach the players better that the pawn will try to mimic the player.
Inclinations can adjust that behavior.

Warrior is absolute shite no matter what. Don't let the flashy webms fool you.

yeah I was being an ass, Mage is really the only 'lol why' tier, and only exists because it can heal (which is why it was replaced with the Priest in DDO)

this is a really annoying part of the game. if I want to play a warrior class, I don't want to play some thief class or something to get some bonus to the class I actually want to play as.

There are vocational points you need to "buy" skills and new vocations but you get them alongside leveling and can visit the capital city in anytime past the tutorial to access that.

If I remember you pay a cost to unlock vocations. There's no limitation beyond that. Only other thing of note is that Pawns can't use hybrid classes for no real reason beyond them not wanting to program it (because there's a thing with zombie pawns that can be hybrid vocations)

>so for example, you can switch from mage to warrior with no downsides?
Yes, exactly. The only thing you need to do is make sure you have the right equipment for said class. Can't play Warrior without a Greatsword.

Don't play the warrior. This class is not what you are expecting. You are not Guts. You are not super strong, not super fast, you don't kill anything with one hit.

Don't play the warrior. It's a weak class. You will not kill anything with just one glorious hit. This has nothing to do with the fact that enemies in this game have a huge amount of health. No. Other classes are better at delivering raw damage. Warrior just sucks.

Don't play the warrior. He is not what you are expecting. You will be playing a distinct class with a specific role in a game about parties having specific roles and compensating each other. You will be dependant on the other classes and you'll need well trained pawns. And no one likes training pawns. That's for autistic people.

Don't play the warrior. He is not what you are expecting. He has weaknesses. Believe it or not. He's dependant on other classes to compensate for them. He's not a complete class. You will realize that he lacks things. And that's not good. Don't play the warrior.

Don't play the warrior. He's not what you are expecting. He doesn't have many options. He has a specific purpose and role in combat. You will not understand this role, you will not appreciate this role, you will not have fun playing this role.

You will not have many options. You don't have an arm-cannon like guts. Or anything to throw at flying enemies or those that are far away. You don't jump high and slice enemies apart from above, or teleport around the battlefield to make up for your slow movement. You don't do anything that's out of place. He's just a guy with a big weapon, doing things a guy with a big weapon does. You will not appreciate this simplicity.

Attached: don't play the warrior.png (630x1454, 989K)

Don't play the warrior. You will only have three skills. Why? Because the devs hate you, that's why. Not because they thought that this is his style, the way he goes, with few means. Not because they had a specific playstyle in mind or because sometimes restricting the player adds to the experience. No. They hate you and don't want you to have fun. No one has fun with the warrior.

Don't level as the warrior. It doesn't matter that he has the best augments for physical classes. No one uses them. Just do like everyone else says and level as assassin. Those 20-30 extra physical attack sure make up for it for being so squishy in every regard.

Just don't play him. Play one of the hybrid classes. You will have an answer to almost every problem and be super overpowered. While not being dependant on other classes, you can throw the party-balance out of the window. No serious fights, no struggle, no clenching your teeth, just casually steamrolling through the game. Here lies your fun.

Just don't play the warrior. Don't whine and complain about him on the internet. Just don't.

Attached: don't play the warrior2.png.jpg (1276x606, 193K)

The warrior is completely self-sufficient when it comes to augments, though. You barely need any other passives the other vocations give you.

Mage is the dedicated healing class. MK's party spells are for the most part buffs and the closest it has to healing is a holy weapon buff which heals according to damage dealt.

That's what dinput.dll hooks is for

how is Magic Archer's melee?

this is the most civilized discussion I've seen on Yea Forums in a while

It's basically like a status inflicter kind of. On top of the usual rapid stabby dickery with other dagger classes, you can set magic traps and things, and whip out holy/fire/dark attacks. If you like twin dagger fighting or want a more mobile alternative to mystic knight it's your best bet.

On par with ranger. They share the same dagger skills for the most part.

is sorcerer really that bad?

>fags told me MA was bad
>play it anyways
>destroy everything in closed spaces

No, its just if you want to do the really flashy moves you're going to be casting for awhile.

MA is not bad. It's just the most OP class in the game.

Who told you MA was bad? I've never seen anything but ranking MA among the broken vocations.

More like it's as shit as Skyrim but you weebs will praise it because it's Japanese.

Depends on how patient you are.

Attached: 1412616968299.jpg (373x2134, 182K)

It has its flaws but I still fucking love it. Put like 500 hours in back in the 360 days. Need to play it again make sure you play the expansion once you beat the main game. Its challenging the first time around.

Attached: 1520641861716.jpg (640x505, 37K)

>It is all the things Skyrim can only dream of being
No, that's Kingdom Come.

It's not bad but it's just not a very involved playstyle. I like having one as one of my pawn companions to sit somewhere and just shit on the battlefield if the fight lasts long enough.

You set yourself on fire and grab onto enemies

The funny thing about this post is that I would agree Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma are both overall 6/10 games, but at the same time DD is still the better game because it's actually fun to play

Attached: dragonsdogma02.jpg (856x619, 94K)

>and sorcerer
wrong and gay
youtube.com/watch?v=S8G2qhOKQmk

Much like his ranged attacks, MA's melee consists of very OP but very situational skills. Fighting a horde of small easily knocked down enemies? Equip Sunflare. Bringing along a lot of magic DPS pawns? Magic Rebalencer.

is Assasin the best choice if I want a versatile physical dmg dealer?

no, you just want another sorc in the group for spell synching world enders to cast them faster

>all this pasta about warrior being shit
just use multihit attacks with iraklis

are the pawns necessary? What if I want to go solo like in Gothic?

Assassin has skills specifically to give you buffs for rolling solo.

Redpill me on autistic minmax build for MA. I'll be playing it on Switch. Already played other classes on PC.

Attached: BigJB21Original.jpg (480x478, 38K)

It's still a glorified awesome button.
So far V is shaping up to be the only interesting mage out of all Capcom games.

Going solo is shit though unless you play a literal giant since your carry weight is incredibly limited

What vocations should I play before bulding Mystic Knight? I don't want to minmax and want to play Mystic Knight pretty quickly and close to the beginning, but I also want to get some good stuff from other vocations. Which do I play before?

There are skills that utterly trivialize equipment weight though. It's not something you just grab from the word go, but it does mediate the issues a bit.

What a dumb comparison, TES makes no attempt to be anything like Dragon's Dogma

Sure but what about my 500 mushrooms and periapts

>mfw spell sync
4 sorc/mage team is horseshit lads

Attached: 1307564909001.jpg (410x621, 44K)

>glorified awesome button
like every other vocation in the game then

Everyone who tried warrior seemed to sleep on the evasion slash move. It gives i-frames and immediately counter attacks, and chains into a nice overhead slash. If the counter slash hits during a big monster's attack it will stagger or knock them down.

yes but it's maybe the biggest example of "it gets good 20 hours in"

>What classes are useless?
classes that get to have fun: strider, assassin, ranger
classes that have fun if you think charging up one god ability and wiping everything out with it is fun: mystic knight, warrior, magic archer
class that has fun if you specifically building your entire party around minmaxing it and think wiping out the entire room with one spell is fun: sorcerer
deliberate support classes that are not fun: fighter, mage

tldr: classes with strider are the only really fun ones because the game was unfinished and they were the ones that the content in the game was clearly designed around. magic classes can also be fun if you're into that kind of thing. combat classes are a bad joke that consist of doing one move over and over

the biggest advice anyone can give you in this game is don't play on hard mode, it actually makes the game easier because it completely kills the games power curve in terms of money/experience, it just makes fights extremely tedious for the beginning

Start as fighter, play sorcerer and warrior to get their attack upgrades. And the shield passive of the fighter if you think you'll need it.

What's the move called?

You can switch vocations without consequences, so just switch to Mystic Knight whenever you're ready. You will probably end up wanting to switch to Mage and Sorcerer later on to power your magic up with their augments, and Fighter and Warrior have useful ones too.

the objectively GOAT party is three sorcerers backing up an assassin or a warrior modded to have an actual secondary weapon and thus more than three skills

Escape Slash, then Exodus Slash is the upgraded version with the follow up attack.

Exodus Slash, Arc of Deliverance (and it's upgraded BBI version) and Corona Slash was up setup.

It costs point to unlock a class the first time. Each class has 9 levels of access to new abilities including new moves and new passives. You can earn abilities to use on other classes. The flexibility is probably the games best feature, and it's compounded by the fact you spec two characters.
The game is shit, but it's also fantastic.

For the really big dick spells you'll be casting for like 30 seconds. However if you run multiple sorcerer pawns with you, they'll cast with you, decrease the cast time and also unleash hell at the same time. Basically quadcasting shit like meteors if you want. Of course that leaves you ultimately vulnerable which is why sorcerers tend to run at least a pawn to distract the enemy.

Nice, exact same setup but I sometimes switched Corona Slash for Indomitable Lash. the weaker Arc. It's so quick and satisfying and it can stagger some monsters during their attacks. It's great for Eliminators since they always charge you at any distance, you can just lash them in the head and send them flying away,

No, he is very involved if you are using Holy Focused Bolt with animation canceling. And you really should get at least one more sork in your party for spell sync, shit is awesome.

>For those who want to spend 30 minutes waiting for the perfect moment
Whatever pal, I'll just be over here stun locking undead dragons over and over and over with Arc of Deliverance and a very big hammer.

Dragon's Dogma is the only game in the past 20 years to accurately capture the feeling of classic western fantasy, even though it's made by the fucking nips.
I've replayed the game once a year since it came out and I still find new shit. Somehow I never noticed the non-hostile giant rats until today, down in the slum area of Gran Soren, and then I found out you can pick them up and your character holds them by the scruff of the neck which I don't think happens with anything else. I've been trying to grab birds now whenever I see them, just in case it's a thing you can actually do.

If the game had two or three more "things" about it, it would've been as popular as Dark Souls 1 was. If the combat was slightly more complex, if there was an extra Cassardis-sized town with more quests, if they'd been able to do their crazy original ending idea, etc. There's like 8 unique pawn lines about sea monsters when you're near the water and basically none of them apply to the Brine, it makes me think most are left over from when there was actual shit to do in the water.

Corona Slash was too good at crowd control to not go without. It had also good staggering.

Yes it is. It's a great game. And if you want I'd recommend giving the japanese voices a try your third or fourth playthrough if you'll do any. maybe second. As for useless classes it generally depends on what enemy you face. One of the classes I found worst in normal dragon's dogma (magick archers) more or less rapes everything in corridors which a huge portion of Dark Arisen happens to take place in. Sooo yeah it depends. I would argue that warriors/fighters look cool and are able to fight but have less utility and late-game ability as a player though but in the end.. who gives a fuck. Magic users have cool spells and fighters have cool weapons. Do your thing. stat growth might be a problem if you want to minmax if anything. Have fun user! It's an amazing experience.

So what do you want to see in the sequel?
Should dangan come back? Do we finally go to the dark side of the moon?
I'd like to see more stuff done with cut offs and limb damage, crippling monsters and shit
I also want a fencer vocation with rapiers and stuff, there's really no point in not using a shield as fighter and sword assassin doesn't scratch the itch in the right way even
Also more character customization and muscle/fat gain that actually shows and impacts your carry weight and other cool stuff already present in 1

Here's a super pro tip for melee classes; against drakes and wyverns wait for them to charge up their breath attack while they're in the air, then sprint at them, jump and grab the tail, and climb up to attack the weak spot or the wings to make them fall to the ground.

main thing I want is for assassins to have real time weapon change so I can better take advantage of them having 4 weapon types

i want to be able to be a spell slinger with a wand via revolver cowboy style.

I think they should do skills and attributes and shit based on weapon types only, rather than classes and weapon types, and of course add more weapons and make shit like maces and swords actually different in terms of move sets and abilities rather than just damage types
They should also let you do actual melee combos and not just slightly different auto-strings of attacks based on holds or delayed presses, not full character action since there's so much more shit going on than the just combat, but closer to it than the first game was with more variety and complexity if you want to engage it at that level
But I want spears most of all

Some kind of dragoon or a more grounded spear user?

My ideal version of what a DD spear user is would be a more agile and mobile melee class, like that dumb bug glaive thing from Monster Hunter World but without the bug shit, and something approaching speed of using a spear in Nioh
So you'd be vaulting and doing spinning air stabs and throwing out kicks like that one dagger combo in DD, etc. Plus better range than a sword or great sword user, and getting to do heavy lunges or quick-twirling slashes based on your button presses.

>You don't jump high and slice enemies apart from above
That's what the high ground is for.

Attached: 1537242157230.webm (606x648, 2.95M)

Some kind of a monster tamer vocation. Summoner, who is based on V, would be fine too.

Got back in a week ago.

Use this steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/1/1499000547472742250/?tscn=1551290630
for active pawns

Warrior.
In BBI.

>using any other pawns besides your own

Attached: 1465518885898.jpg (1024x680, 60K)

I want more weapon types, classes/skills, more new places to explore. I want horse combat, I want to actually set up a camp at night and have my pawns keep watch. Dynamic monster spawns (that makes sense for the location), more villages and castle towns. I just want more.

Attached: 1549510467282.jpg (2491x3512, 2.33M)

FUCK DMC5

DMC5 is the only reason DD2 is even possible.

This is the mmo.

>I want horse combat,

Attached: 1522464660152.png (352x316, 200K)

my favorite thing about DD was your first trip to some of the faraway locations, you had to plan it out, gather a suitable party, get supplies, and most importantly you left right at crack of dawn. thats adventure.

not true, itsuno basically decided between dmc5 or dd2 and chose dmc5

Look man, I just want to charge towards a group of goblins on a horse, then leap off into a jumping heavy attack. And if you don't want to do a drive by baseball swing as a warrior, then I don't know what else to tell you.

why not, you can already climb, ride, and attack creatures

Pro tip, dont upgrade the heal of your pawn

Bros don't go hardmode asap, upgrade all of your gear first, I can't do any damage to these cursed dragon cunts

Quicktravel sort of ruined this.
I love the trek to Bluemoon tower or what it's called

He wanted to make both but obviously chose DMCV first because it's higher stakes and more popular, but I don't think he would've been given as much leeway with DD2 as he was with DMCV, but now that DMCV is done and well most likely sell very well, we will get a better DD2 than we would have if he'd chosen to do that first.

The Capcom CEO told Itsuno he could do whatever he wanted when he said "I want to make DMCV or Dragon's Dogma 2", but that doesn't mean he would've gotten the same resources for either option.

Magick Archer is incredibly fucking boring for me. Why do people even like this class?

>dll inputs hooks
>allowing 6 warrior skills

Seems inefficient and a waste of time.
If they implemented mounts for travel they would have to make the world overly huge and sparse of content.
Imagine having to call it, run to get on it, get off, loot, fight, repeat.

you still need to make the trip atleast once to lay a portcrystal

>Why do people even like this class?
OP

Assassin is the best but it's also boring because of how useful it is in any situation.

Warrior or fighter all the way, for fashion.

because's it's halfway between panzer dragoon and devil may cry
nothing in the game is more boring than warrior and fighter

>he doesn't know what dragon's maw is

Attached: 1528952114743.png (253x291, 133K)

>If they implemented mounts for travel they would have to make the world overly huge and sparse of content.
Why can't they make the world huge and full of content? I wouldn't have even minded mounts in the first game with its world size.

>Imagine having to call it, run to get on it, get off, loot, fight, repeat.
I have ADD and even something like that wouldn't bother me.

An actual healing system instead of
>pause game
>eat 300 grass

an actual open world instead of a bunch of expanded hallways, without falling into the same rut as today's open world games

Attached: 1533216255559.jpg (788x838, 170K)

One difficulty only
No more "infinite" items each playthrough
Remove cheese
Remove fast travel
Punish player for dying
Remove pausing the game

Play Witcher 3

yes. the ones you don't like playing.

>eat 300 grass
nigga just have 5--10 potions on hand at all times, they sell them right by the inn

>Magick Archer and Mystic Knight are OP as fuck
How do you make a good Magick Archer? I had one and it was fucking trash when it comes to damage. Took me a solid 20 minutes for the final boss.

kill yourself soulsfag

No. Virtually every other class has access to a dozen of other mechanic denied to your mage. They are just stationary turrets with no interesting utility magic and their debuffs are worse than some pawn equipped with a rusted bow.
Hence why magic archer and mystic knight are the only well-done caster classes in whole game since they actually have something unique going on for them. Pure blue classes are a complete and irredeemable ass.

No fun allowed mode

kys skyrimfag

>skyrim
did you forget what thread you're in?

games are more fun when they are challanging

Attached: 1541731972861.jpg (962x855, 194K)

Download a mod that makes their leveling stats not retarded as fuck and you will do damage. If you're on console, level as a sorcerer until you want to kys and then switch to MA

that's not the point

>fighter
>boring
Hehehe

nothing about the changes you suggested would make the game harder for anyone who played dark souls 1, which was 99% of people playing dragon's dogma at release when it was a more challenging and less balanced game

if your point is that you hate healing items then maybe video games aren't for you

But Hollow Knight isn't difficult. I beat the base game and got the "true" ending my first and only time playing without losing my shade or using a guide.

Just because W3 did something bad doesn't mean DD2 can't do the same thing better.

test

No, the point is that being able to heal infinitely while the game is paused deletes any difficulty from the game. Literally the same healing system as skyrim.

I think this is pretty good MA build, 600 Strength and Magick
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#am000000000003005700000000000064000000

this
Also the ability to rent 2 x lvl 200 pawns to just carry you for free

I beat the game for the first time with Warrior and had no issues. I don't mind being covered by my pawns, that's the point of the game, and I didn't even train them much. Main pawn Ranger, rented Mage and Fighter, beat Black Chimaera, Grigori, and the Everfall without much issue.

The only issue is having only three skills because Warrior skills round out the vocation's gameplan that is mostly too straight-forward without them. I went with the guardbreak, the charge, and Arc and did just fine. If I had the evasive slash and the catapult I would've been even better.

Attached: 1544130094242.jpg (410x358, 66K)

>tfw decided early to go for big dick nigger warrior with a single loli sorcerer pawn (no additional pawns)
>Arc of Deliverance impossible to hit with
ended up respeccing as strider

so you played the game at medium or higher encumbrance when your stamina recover turns to dogshit because you carried 12 healing items instead of 10?
or did you make an 8 foot tall fatso specifically so you could carry some ridiculous amount of shit and complain about it?

>physical version on PS4 is nowhere to found in my town
Jesus Christ.
I want to make Warrior run. Is this really hardcore class for real man?

arc of deliverance kind of ends up feeling mediocre when you realize that Rangers can deal just as much damage with great gamble and actually hit things with it

M8, you're STILL missing the point.
>pause game
>heal for free
is a boring ass healing system that makes you invincible to death as long as you don't get oneshot

you can also do retarded shit like staying mounted on a monster infinitely by spamming mushrooms every time your stamina gets low

dont pretend like carrying lots of healing items required any real sacrifice

there is no hardcore class, this game isnt hard. Warrior is just less played because you only get 3 skills.

people talking about the warrior being hard are idiots
you can literally jump attack everything to death and never need to touch your abilities

>I consider DD:DA to be the best RPG of this generation standing equal to Witcher 3.

lad
go play more RPGs

youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

ZA WINDU EEZU POOSHAN MEEEEEEEE

It's fucking awful. Don't fall for the Yea Forums memes.

>dont pretend like carrying lots of healing items required any real sacrifice
any time your carry weight is anything above light green you can't sprint worth a damn unless you've been min-maxing your stats for 100 levels
>you can do retarded shit like using healing items
wow, crazy
and if it bothers you that much, you can just not carry them
I've played souls games too, but it didn't give me anti-pause menu autism

there's a bunch of augments that increase your sprinting
even a bunch of items as well

You can also get one-shotted by half the enemies in the game until you're level 80, and if you're a faggot who needed to spam heals you probably did.

Butthurt fanboy, is it hard to admit the game could be improved?

Well compared to MA in BBI. I remember finishing BBI at 80(?) lvl or something. I was unstoppable on second run with lvl 3 weapon. And people leveling their characters 100lvl +. For what purpose?

Metal
Golems

I'm doing a solo-run and thanks to xp inflation I've hit 100 before beating daemon without any grinding what so ever

>implying its impossible to carry lots of healing shit while staying in light green
unless you made a tiny loli with full griffin armor. but even then, just make your pawns carry shit.

And I never said anything about Souls games. But anything is better than a fucking SKYRIM healing system. Even the witcher toxicity system would be be
>pause game and heal only up to a certain point, then you have to fight on until toxicity decreases in real time

hard mode, and just the completion fact of being level 200.

be better*

are you fucking 12 years old?
you're the who apparently chose to carry 30 health and stamina items at all times and are now sperging out about it

healing items should have worked as a heal-over-time, same way that the healing spells work

Basically it's the best unfinished game I've ever played

I do. Now, you go play DD:DA that you never played before because if you had you would agree that it is an alltime great RPG.

I want to put my face between my pawn's tits.

didn't DA teach you not to lewd pawns?

stay mad and eat another 50 herbs faggot

do you think skyrim is the only game where you can pause and use a healing item? you're aware this is how most games work, correct?
the reason I keep saying souls is because it's the only action RPG I can think of where you can't pause
not that you can't still spam heals regardless

That guy isn't me.

I get a dungeon by lewding my pawn.
How is it bad ?

I'm well aware that many games do this, even games like DMC. but skyrim is an easy example that most people have played, and everyone will tell you that skyrim's systems aren't very engaging, either

>not that you can't still spam heals regardless
you can spam heals, but in a Souls game it happens in real time, you're actually vulnerable to getting hit. what's more, there's a great limitation on estus charges compared to potions in you and your pawn's backpacks.

your pawn gets eaten by a dragon before you can properly lewd it, then someone with a normal beloved beats the crap out of you a couple dozen times for your sweet lv 3 armor

>not that you can't still spam heals regardless
But in Soulsbourne you can't be quite as garbage and get through every boss like that

>your pawn gets eaten by a dragon before you can properly lewd it
What is vore ?

the dragon chews

>someone with a normal beloved
aka Fournival

Attached: 1521483430593.png (645x772, 148K)

even hotter

>He doesnt know
If DMC 5 sells well DD2 is confirmed

Metal Golems feel like such harsh game design, I understand that they want to incentivize a diverse party but it's really lame to have an enemy that you straight up can't do anything to unless you are or have an Assassin/Strider/Ranger
There should've been some kind of mechanic where you can stun the golem somehow and that knocks all the talismans to ground level

>15 estus max in DS1
enough to where you can stand in place and eat hits while you DPS any boss to death
>12 max in DS2 plus healing items
same thing
>15 (?) max in DS3
same thing

Soulsborne bosses are 100 times more predictable than any boss-level enemy in DD, and you can just as easily make yourself overpowered enough that it doesn't matter anyway, like playing any hybrid class in DD

But I also just fundamentally don't understand how you people were walking around with so many healing items, I carry 20 at max and most of those are status cures, not to mention the example of carrying a shit ton of grass makes no sense because the ones you'd actually find enough of to be useful heal for shit

only the one in witchwood is a problem, the one in the everfall's floating talisman is low enough you can jump up from the golem and hit it with a 1h weapon

>enough to where you can stand in place and eat hits while you DPS any boss to death
getting hit literally interrupts the heal, or damage will cancel most of it if you stack poise out the ass. the same cannot be said about DD.

>But I also just fundamentally don't understand how you people were walking around with so many healing items
m a k e y o u r p a w n s c a r r y s h i t

Why is Frost Riposte so shit? I wanted a giant cone AoE for every perfect block I perform but it does garbage damage and hardly freezes anything. And is Stone Garden worth a shit at all? It takes forever to cast and all the stuff I've tested it out on hasn't impressed me very much, I think I'd rather just use ruinous sigil.

>m a k e y o u r p a w n s c a r r y s h i t
no, that's some gay first playthrough shit, like ever using a second and third pawn
but somehow that arguments seems familiar, almost like when I said
>don't pause and spam a bunch of heals if you think it makes it too easy

It has the shield enchantment that heals the user per block as well, but that only applies to the player.

the shield enchantment also has one interesting quirk: on perfect block it actually heals grey health as well

Want to run through this again, should I go MA or MK?

aaaand once again you're missing the point. This has nothing to do with difficulty. Yes, I could also make DD harder by self-limiting heal item usage, or playing through the game solo, and without any armor, and with only one hand on the controller. The point is that
>pause
>heal
is fucking boring and involves 0 strategy or timing or skill. on the topic of difficulty, it also lets complete retards brute force the game

Holy focused bolt

Attached: steeeve.jpg (238x247, 18K)

>but somehow that arguments seems familiar, almost like when I said
>>don't pause and spam a bunch of heals if you think it makes it too easy

>just don't do these broken things in the game and it's good looooooooooooooool

Attached: 1540747663096.png (300x300, 9K)

For MA, do I want purely physical/magick daggers or balanced ones?

magic daggers if you're using the magic dagger skills, otherwise it doesn't really matter
that said scension is a really powerful skill and worth going magic daggers for

depending what you want you'll have to go through different classes because each have different stat boosts. Like you may want to be a Fighter but a few levels through the Warrior class will give you more strength.

A Mystic Knight relies on both strength and magic, so a few levels through Warrior and Sorcerer wouldn't be a bad idea.

>is fucking boring and involves 0 strategy or timing or skill. on the topic of difficulty, it also lets complete retards brute force the game
like basically any game, weather it's healing items or an OP weapon or save-scumming
I honestly don't see your point or why you're making such a distinction
I didn't ever spam heals in skyrim either

The world is tiny. The world is empty. The pacing is ATTROCIOUS and it's too short even with postgame and the dlc. It's a great game but has some serious flaws

t. tranny

>too short
oh, you're a game journalist who couldn't figure out how to find side quests

>other games do it so that makes it ok lol
>there are other ways to abuse and break the game so that makes it ok lol

>I honestly don't see your point
It's like I'm talking to a brick wall.

PAUSE HEAL BORING
OTHER HEAL SYSTEM NOT BORING
ME WANT GAME BE LESS BORING

Attached: 1498535112867.jpg (303x374, 18K)

I'll give you all the other points, but the game has an absurd amount of shit to do on the side.

That's fair
You mean those quests where you have to grind the same mobs, and escort NPCs?
Game is short even with the non-grind sidequests

Don't bother, this game is clearly perfect in every way, it's just you playing it bad.

Had most fun with Assassin and Warrior.

Assassin is a good first, it's a jack of all trades for weapons with some exclusive skills. The game encourages you to switch so try a few

Attached: arc of deliverance.png (405x532, 204K)

Most of the sidequests are garbage and not even worth doing. Yes I did them all of them through my first couple playthroughs. The game is phenomenal when it is but most of it is ehhh on the side. The PC port really helped with the playability of it though, yes I bought on the 360 and PS3 before it as well, dropped the ps3 one because it was so poorly performing

>Assassin is best class
L O L
O L
L

Attached: dd rang.jpg (480x360, 24K)

>You mean those quests where you have to grind the same mobs, and escort NPCs?
nope, and thanks for proving my point

Fucking retard

The one Witchwood isn't so bad, just bait the golem under the medal, climb on up and jump down, swinging at the medal on the way down. Rinse and repeat until dead. Though it would be nice if I could just tell my ranged pawn to shoot at it, I swear every pawn I hire would rather just swing at the golem itself.

here's what you're saying:
>the game is boring and too easy when I pause every time I take damage to heal with the ludicrous amount of healing items I carry at all times, so they should remove the option to pause the game because I hate Skyrim
But now you're just typing like a woman

>hes not buying it for the 6th time on the switch
AAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

>blatant strawman
>combo into ad hominem
yeah we're done here

A retard would be the person who got too distracted by the big glowing signs that have all the xp/money grinding quests to see the dozens and dozens of people with big quest markers above their heads that have you do unique shit

skyrim sounds more your speed honestly, but I understand you want to be a "not like other girls" kind of girl
must be tough

>defending pause heal
Why?
>eating 999999999999 mushrooms and drinking 9999999999 piss water

>dozens of people
A dozen seems about right.
I don't know what shitty games you've been playing for it to seem like much content.

I don't particularly like pause healing either but at least the game has the weight system in place so you can't carry a super large quantity of heals. I'd still prefer a MH style of item bar and drink animation.

just dont use it bro

if the game has something that you believe can be improved, just keep ignoring things until there's barely anything left

Game length seems silly to argue about because like DMC, the game is meant to be played through multiple times with different classes and such.

I played a Strider and then progressed to Ranger. Rate my choice. My pawn was a Mage and then a Sorcerer.

The weight system barely does anything though, since your pawns can carry shit AND you can transfer items at any time, correct me if im wrong.

This game was the most fun I ever had with combat in an RPG. It was just really fun to play. Pity we'll never get a sequel.

Eh see the "Just don't use it" argument doesn't work because the choice is now either heal in the stopped time or don't heal at all. To want a system where healing is more actively performed in combat would be ideal, but is not achievable in the current game.

You can but you really don't need to prep that heavily, and that's a whole lot of extra steps just to hold another 10 Greenwarish that the pawn might just eat anyway.

You go all-in on magic and don't use your daggers for anything except buffing.

See:

DD is the perfect example of a very good Bad Game.

The openworld is trash,
the quests aside from the griffin are all weird and underwhelming,
poor class balance,
the inventory is a mess with hundreds of consumables that overlap and weigh way too much,
the healing system is garbage compared to a game like Dark Souls since you can pause and munch on herbs and shrooms whenever you're in any danger,
periapts quadrupling your damage is insane and stupidly broken,
90% of what you fight in the main game are the same shitty goblins,wolves,bandits, and harpies over and over again,
the stat system is bad and turns impossible encounters into cakewalks by just buying a better sword or armor because damage thresholds are completely fucked, diminishing the effect of the player's own skill on the combat system,
the terrible interfaces like the forgery one where you have to spend a minute just looking for what you want to forge,
half baked ideas like the Ur Dragon that wind up making the base game ultimate encounter look silly (I have to go now. My home planet needs me),
cancerous Diablo-lite loot design (lmao at committing suicide in front of every chest in the Everfall because 2% item chance)

but occasionally it's fun. And it's fun enough sometimes to make you forget about how absurdly broken and shit it is. Which is remarkable in its own right.

Yes it is, literally just hotkey your greenwarish retard

>cancerous Diablo-lite loot design (lmao at committing suicide in front of every chest in the Everfall because 2% item chance)
another "I have autism so this is bad game design" argument

But there's no heal animation, no delay for action inbetween the heals. There's still no thought put into the act of healing. Also controllers cannot use hotkeys, and I assume that the majority of people do not use M+KB. The original console versions didn't have the function anyway.

Not him, but that's still healing in stopped time since you character does it in a fraction of a nanosecond with no animation. Gets around the pausing at least, I suppose.

haha yeah fuck that guy for wanting some nice loot in an fucking RPG game, what a retard

>it's not estus so it's bad

Autism would be actually clearing those shitty rooms over and over again on the off chance you get something actually useful. The godsbane approach is far faster, but still makes you question the sanity of whoever tabled those percentages.

So what? It's better than Souls where you have free healing that you don't need to sacrifice anything for. Being limited is irrelevant when 5 estus is more than you need for anything since the game is very easy compared to DD

>it's bad so it's bad
fixed that for ya, bud

>what a retard
for being that concerned with shit that doesn't actually matter to the point that he made the game less fun for himself? yeah, a fucking retard

When did I mention estus? I don't think I ever mentioned estus. In fact in another post I cite MH and the item bar as something I would like to see, and both are made by Capcom.

>it's like skyrim so it's bad

this but with MK instead of assassin or warrior

>it's bad so it's bad
last time I'm gonna fix your shit for ya, so don't screw it up again

>claims to not have autism
>wants the game to be more like MH

>being able to heal with no possible punishment for doing so is better than needing to look for an opening or safe location to heal in AN ACTION RPG

Ok user. If only capcom made another action RPG series in which you need to look for a safe opening to heal that also involved the fighting of large beasts, then maybe they could borrow from that.

>oof, sweetie, wanna try that again?

>So what? It's better than
stopped reading there. pausing the game to use items endlessly is the absolute bottom of consumable systems. every other game is better.

I also never mentioned anything about autism. Are you OK user? It would appear that you're reading words that aren't actually there!

Game has a huge potential though, imagine if they fixed a lot of these issues

Just play mage/sorc in hardmode. You won't ever have to heal because every bosses just one hit kill you

Diablo-lite loot design pretty fit to DD game.
It's should be glorified Dungeon Crawler. RNG will make DD much better. Imagien if yo ucan start NG+ with RNG monster placement (all of them even from BBI) and RNG quests?

it does kind of, you can switch between skill setups with a keybind

>fighting Daimon for the first time with underpowered gear so you're doing chip damage even when you're hitting his face while Coils of Light blares
I think this might be one of my favorite fights ever. Like holy shit I know the game fluctuates from being helpless to absolutely melting shit, but those moments where the stakes are high and it feels like you're fighting an uphill battle with your loyal pawn are the absolute best.

God I fucking love this game.

Attached: g.jpg (452x609, 24K)

I think is the best solution.

With this system, you can't end up at full health or stamina after unpausing game. you still have to not get hit again.

This game is very fun, but not perfect without issues.
I don't see how come some people get so mad when others point out these flaws.

Attached: 1527061133778.jpg (898x1236, 174K)

No, how about instead they keep borrowing from the non-autistic series made by the same director as Dragon's Dogma.
It isn't meant to be a slow game, that's why the Warrior is the least-liked class of the 9. You can pause and heal because it's not about circle strafing left around the boss to take a breather, it's about getting kicked 30 feet by a Chimera and being at full health before you hit the ground.
Dragon's Dogma 2 will have your dreaded pause-and-heal (which you will still abuse and complain about) because it's an irrelevant mechanic there as a matter of course.

>loot doesn't matter
>in a game where your strength is entirely defined by the loot you have equipped
Sure I'll go grind *checks notes* hundreds of thousands of gold for dramatically inferior store gear instead that sounds like a much better use of time.

Yeah DD isn't anywhere near my top 50 games of all time but I'd be more stoked for DD2 than most sequels to anything I actually unequivocally like, provided they get their shit together

weird how you can always spot a tranny

How do you think the game will run on Switch, Yea Forums?, I already own it on PS4, hardly touched it, but I feel it being portable would be great enough incentive to finally finish it.

Oh, speaking of the devil.

Attached: 1547905988025.jpg (1080x1303, 68K)

>*checks notes*
I knew this thread smelled like reddit when the girl kept whining about healing

minmaxing is useless. Just play as the class you want to play as and the equipment you get more than makes up for the damage you ""lose"" by not minmaxing

If I wanna be a giant weapon wielding badass, should I ONLY be a fighter/warrior?

The silence means he did. Kek

>How do you think the game will run on Switch
Very bad.

>it isn't meant to be a slow game
>movement speed is slow
>you're encouraged to travel the same bits of world constantly slowly
>magic casters are very slow casters
>the fucking heal spell heals slowly instead of instantly

Ah yes, Dragon's Dogma, the game that only gets good a few 10s of hours in is certainly known for being speedy. I've seen the light now user.

>*checks notes*
I knew this thread smelled like reddit when the girl kept whining about healing

Attached: 1534472977782.jpg (900x1200, 223K)

>poor class balance
>the stat system is bad
>the terrible interfaces
>cancerous Diablo-lite loot design
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

no u

So stupid you can't even post properly. Impressive.

Good thing you caught that, my brain couldn't process something so utterly stupid so I skimmed over it.

yes, the forgery interface where all your items are in one menu, in a jumbled and incoherent order, where you can only forge one item at a time despite money being the only required resource, is actually really good

>movement speed is slow
yeah, they sprint you start the game with sure is slow and you definitely aren't encouraged to to run headlong at anything bigger than a hobgoblin to climb up to its head as fast as possible
and you definitely don't get a stinger or a helmsplitter or fucking double-jumps
>you're encouraged to travel the same bits of world constantly slowly
no one ever said you had to do it slowly
>magic casters are very slow casters
their support classes and the only people who actually play them are minmaxing faggots who switch to assassin
>the fucking heal spell heals slowly instead of instantly
it's an AoE orb, did you forget how it works?
weren't you just bitching about how quickly you can heal with your millions of grenwarish

UGH! Liiiike don't use the Rrrr wurrd!

One outlier means the UI is bad in general? You're out of your mind dude.

>can't even post properly
>misquoted the person who failed at insulting me for insulting you instead of quoting me

I hope dearly that you had to paste a 35 year-old man's face onto a 9 year-old's head for that picture and that it is not an actual person.

Yes.
They are all of use as long as you are able and willing to use them.

Game is fun because it's broken.

lvl9 Mage and Sorcerer augments help a lot. +30% Magick damage.
In addition to the stat raises you get while leveling those two vocations, it's quite enough.
Though I use a mod which tweaks their stat growths so they get a bit more magick per lvl.

>grind gold
nigga you get like 40 quests where you kill 10 seagulls and they'll give you a solid gold great sword or whatever you can sell for 90k
you can easily have a million gold before you hit level 20 if you're not immediately buying the best new shit from every merchant you see

>+30%
+~33% if you stack both actually, since they're multiplicative with each other.

>t-that one doesn't count

>talking about godsbaning
>kill seagulls though
>90k!
>a million is a lot!
I think you might have missed a post or two

This retard doesn't even know how outliers work. lol

luv 2 laboriously click every item to see what bad combinations I can make in the combinations interface which is also poorly made trash

>b-but no one bothers with that shitty interface. Hah!
There I saved you a post, you can be quiet now.

Nah it's fine.

>it's all one person!
it's not, and this isn't reddit where you need to upvote people, ma'am
so you do just always spend all your money on gear when you see the exclamation points, then
money is never an issue in the game unless you're an idiot, but then again grinding for loot "like diablo" is what idiots do

Gold drops do not increase proportionally to how deep in the game you are (meaningfully at least) and post game shop gear can range from 300k to over a million, not even getting into how costly enhancing and forgeries get. You might want to kill Grigori sometime user, the game does get marginally better!

Just take this in and if you are pumped about whatever the fuck you just witnessed: yes
If not: no.

youtube.com/watch?v=8XBlBPtQW6g

Attached: Grigori.jpg (5600x3150, 3.21M)

Try hard mode, I keep having an abundance of gold, which isn't a good thing

Why is this game so god damn good, brehs? I cannot stop having fun. I played this game for the first time on PS3 and yet, even if I play it on PC or PS4 nowadays, I STILL HAVE SO MUCH FUN, HELP ME

Attached: If u woud face me dake up arms Arisen.png (1024x1024, 1.03M)

You were fooled by Yea Forums the game is shit and I will explain why:

>No indication of where roads lead
>No hint to what enemies are weak to
>No hint of when enemies are alone or in groups
>No warning to avoid status effects
>No clue to which items are masterworks

I don't know how people defend this game.

Attached: dangerous levels of smug.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

I have never not been on hard mode. It's not that huge of an issue considering you can make a witchwood-devilgrove run with banker periapts and get 1.5-2 mil in 15-20 minutes, but the fact that that much cash can only cover a couple of items and upgrades post game and the game barely gives you anything amounting to that sum in regular play (I imagine selling BBI gear might alleviate the issue but then you start getting into Rift Crystals and that's a whole nother can of worms) is ridiculous. If the Everfall drop rates were at least reasonable you could reliably sell duplicates but lmao 2%

i have loads of fun when making a new arisen
but it usually becomes stale by the time i get near the end of the main quesline

You don't level up Magick Archer.

It has the best kit in the game, but by far the worst growths.

I don't know what I did, but gold nor RC were never issues for me.
Be happy you have something to look forward spending it on

>hard mode
>no HP buff
ONE FUCKING JOB
why they didn't fix this shit? Literally just one patch on PS3

>Finish game
>Excited to play NG+
>Assume I'll play offline so I quickly make a new Arisen and change my pawn's style up so we don't match when I reach the Seneschal again
>Don't like my new Arisen or Pawn as much
>Going to have to run Bitterblack with them if I don't want to go in overleveled or start a fresh save
I mean, my new Arisen is a cute girl, but not a particularly interesting-looking one. I preferred my man-mountain muscle-beast Chad Thundercock arisen with a tan and blonde sideburns.

Attached: 1532896610364.png (464x485, 18K)

I can't tell to this day if wolves are weak to either fire or ice

>Ogre attracted to chicks
>Elder Ogre attracted to men

What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1536525012057.png (760x686, 403K)

Bro you can buy character edits at the wooden fort place outside of cassardis

That's why Church loves little boys. Look at all Old masters paintings? This is our future.

I like how the game fucking instakills you without any warning if you go into water. Great design

Attached: 1532990658389.png (500x432, 129K)

Realistically, it's to subvert expectations and catch you off-guard when you first encounter the latter, especially if you avoided female party members in case of ogres.

That or the age-old Japanese cultural trend of big buff gay men being hilarious.

>that quest to kill ogres, written by the nuns since they keep being kidnapped and raped

I spent half the game as a mystic knight which has the same attack growths and swapping to MA feels fine. You definitely want the magic augments and maybe clout too though, those magick bows seem pretty trash stat wise compared to other weapons.

I would kill for an actual hard mode
as in enemies get tougher, smarter but are actually possible to beat at lv 1 and don't drop a million gold and xp each

getting oneshot by basic enemies that need 5000 hits to kill isn't particularly fun

not really, magick archer skills are ungodly powerful
ricochet hunter especially is fucking nuts in BBI

imo the combat is nice and you basically choose how hard the game is on you. So if you want to stomp it like a great jaggi you can or if you want to spend 10 minutes chipping away at a bandit that can 2 shot you can. It has story but it's more on the minimalist side.

elder ogre is a female(male)

>those magick bows seem pretty trash stat wise compared to other weapons.
user, MA is the only class that can autopilot the online Ur Dragon, it's the only class that can solo BBI at low levels while raping everything, it has by far the strongest toolset in the entire game.

Attached: Great Nuke.webm (800x450, 2.88M)

DD2 better have rape on defeat, I thought chinks were supposed to be based

i did a lot of levels of various things including sorc.
I remember choosing one and trying most of the skills and getting super inconsistent damage even when using the right element or holy. Short of taking at least 50 pre100 levels of sorc I feel like it doesn't do enough to have the bolts one shot grim goblins

>no option to side with ogres and rape nuns

Attached: 1548344380074.jpg (1011x1072, 105K)

>those magick bows seem pretty trash stat wise compared to other weapons.
A quick glance shows that they're the best bows in every single category. You're retarded.

Ninefold bolt has the highest burst DPS in the game of any ranged attack
The only thing better is a properly timed and aimed brain splitter

go back to the skyrim thread

Attached: 1546967453090.jpg (406x609, 43K)

Remember that you have magick rebalancer for free periapt boosts whenever you want

Through playing this game I've come to realize that I prefer games that prioritize having varied or original mechanics over being highly polished or balanced. What are some other games like this anons

>chinks
the chinese are NOT based

Japs on the other hand, are the ones to put jiggle physics and thongs into the game, which IS pretty based, but they probably wound't get away with rape.

Attached: 1536468518304.gif (312x322, 207K)

Great Gamble at full stamina deals more

Only with blast arrows

My Arisen and pawn

Attached: 20190227170218_1.jpg (1920x1080, 692K)

>please don't stab me in my tits

>hey you probably want these augments from other classes to supplement the magick bows (as in the weapon class of bows that are magical in nature) weaker stats
>a bunch of incoherent screaming that has nothing to do with weapons

And swords, maces, and archstaves all have 300+ attack over them. Nevermind the Rangers innate growth superiority in its weapon stats

>primary weapons are stronger than secondary weapons
wow what a shocker

You can never get honest opinions on Japanese games, due to their niché appeal and inherently weird fanbases, Yea Forums being no exception. You will find no nuance of opinions with these people, only varying degrees of autism. No, DD:AG is not an RPG great, doesn't even crack top 100

>>a bunch of incoherent screaming that has nothing to do with weapons
Are you fucking retarded
>And swords, maces, and archstaves all have 300+ attack over them.
Oh, yes you are.
Let me ask you, what is the difference between a 1200 ATK magick bow that lets you hit any part you want from your comfort zone with any elements for 9 hits a pop and even applies statuses and a 1500 ATK sword that lets you hit for maybe four nonelemental hits a pop and is also wildly unsafe, with limited range and worse utilities?
Have you ever wondered why MA have the best killing times on Ur-Dragon compared to other classes despite that weapon attack difference?
Because their toolset is THAT much better, but please, do fap about your unga stick having marginally higher attack, Grug.

the only one i'd recommend against is maybe warrior but even then, he's great but the weakness is he's a little more boring to play than others simply by lack of options. Assassin is a great all around meme class that will let you go at things in all kinds of ways

>expecting a capcom sequel to be good

Fitting that this thread is up. I recently started playing for the first time. I picked warrior because I love heavy hitting big weapons. Are there any small details I should think about? My friend told me a lot of minor things affect gameplay but wasn't more speciffic.

Why is that?

Do people still run Ur Dragon on PC? I've never managed to be around for when he eats it and I'd like to at least get one kill on the lad.

the least based posts ever made

Attached: 1544882566531s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Pretty sure wolves hunt in packs.

You're both retarded.

I want to play as a warrior, as it should have been. I want a secondary ranged weapon. Does anyone know of a mod or something that allows me to do this? I suppose the ranger greatbow would probably be the only thing that makes sense for a Warrior.

>I want to play as a warrior, as it should have been.
>I want a secondary ranged weapon

Attached: joe laugh.png (347x340, 55K)

How to win with any class.

Fighter
>Dragon's Mag

Warrior
>Arc of Deliverance

Mage
>Holy Focused Bolt

Sorceror
>Holy Focused Bolt
>+3 other mages with similar spells and Whatever spell you want to use

Strider
>Skull Splitter

Assassin
>Hunt alone with Force Hatchet and Blast Arrows

Mystic Archer
>Exist and don't use your daggers for anything but buffs

Mystic Knight
>Great Cannon with/ or without Force Hatchet

Someone add to this

greatbows are unique primary weapons, they don't get shared with other classes
the only thing that would make sense would be to introduce throwing weapons for warriors

>mildly recommend some damage augments since MAs have mediocre growths combined with weaker weapons
>FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Warrior's not a bad early pick since if you wind up hating it you can get it maxed, grab its augments, and forget it ever exists. Good health and str growths too. There's an early quest chain involving Quina your long haired cos that unlocks another plot character you can permanently miss by doing the Everfall quest in Gran Soren before finishing it. If you haven't done that yet you might want to backtrack.

It died last night and I got in just when it had 1 hp left. There's an unreliable online tracker you can lose, I went in when it was stuck on 3.5 health for a couple of hours

>Are there any small details I should think about?
I've heard goblins ill like fire

>Exist and don't use your daggers for anything but buffs
(grand) scension is a fantastic attack if you combo it with vortex shot. Deals nearly as much damage as your bow skills and heals you to full

Yeah
Dont worry too much about the map, all roads lead to Gran Soren

i've already beat the game with a Warrior. It was fun but the three skills are limiting and it needs some sort of ranged. I want to replay the game on PC at 4k60fps after the like 600p letterboxed slideshow that was the ps3 version, and I want to play warrior again, but I want it to be a more rounded experience

>lose
*use

I wanted to mention it, actually, but Holy isn't effective on everything. I love that god damn move, it's so statisfying to kill hordes of undead with it or defend your pawns using it.

You forgot the most obvious one
>Ranger
>blast arrows plus Tenfold Flurry

I'm laughing that you idea of what warrior "should have been" includes a ranged weapon. It's retarded and goes against everything in the game.

How integral is the "pawn" system to the experience of these games? It looks like something I'd rather ignore if given the option

IIRC there are no small enemies with resistance to holy, and you're not using that skill on large enemies anyways
holy's a pretty good element, it's dark that sucks most (the 2 dark skills people actually use have secondary effects that are vastly superior to their elemental damage anyways)

Only mage for a player.

Strider is underrated and probably the highest single target damage class in the game besides ranger spamming conq blast.

It's worth fucking around with, but there's a class that suggests you play alone without a main pawn. A lot of the story, the elements, and possible techniques requires at least one or two pawns to do.

lugging blast arrows around for every enemy just gets impractical
if you can properly time it, deathly arrow deals a shitload of damage as well

>be autistic
>start the game, having fun
>found out about missable quests and minmaxing stat growth
>want to minmax
>need to play like 40 levels of class i don't enjoy
>want to switch to other classes
>autism says NO I NEED TO MINMAX
>drop the game

Strider is the De-facto GOTTA GO FAST class for the most part. I love the steeping stone ability too.

Rather than giving everyone a ranged option, the game really just needed better pawn control. If you could actually point at, say, golem medals and tell them to hit that it would be a godsend. By default they seem to think medals are invisible if they have a full life bar.

I used to be like that, now I just play what I like and character edit to the idealised stats.

It doesn't weight much and you don't need it for every enemy. Tenfold Flurry is already very strong, you just add the blast arrows for the Daimon fight or when Death shows up.
I always went out with some and they never felt like a burden. You can successfully stunlock Daimon to death with them if you use some strength enhancing items as well.

Just don't be autistic.
Cheating bitch.

Guess it's not for me then. I'm fine with party systems in RPGs, but not if they're all my own donut steels.

Strider is like the second most popular class, underrated my asshole

I really hope the balancing in DD2 isn't hot garbage. The way stats are calculated is just terrible.

I mean I'll fucking eat it up either way but still.

I'd like to be able to control my pawn flat out. It'd let you try out a different class without ruining your main's specs and they could incorporate some kind of Dark Souls esque co-op.

And of course, you could use it to do the one thing your pawn has to do if their AI doesn't let them.

Or just, you know, ignore this one super specific enemy that you never have to fight.

They play a part in the story and offer a lot of dynamics and the occasional good laugh. Some of my favorite moments in this game was when my pawn suddenly obliterated some enemy, like the final boss of the main game. Watching your own pawn tear the enemy some new asshole can be very satisfying. Please don't ignore it, they deserve better.

Attached: 1435137751650.png (900x900, 197K)

Yeah a lot of people apparently sleep on hybrid MAs in their min-maxing munchkin quests. I've heard a lot of good things though.

I only put 10-15 levels in sorc and less in assassin and I'll have close to 500 in each damage stat by lv 200 but with actual defenses and hp worth a shit. It's really not worth putting a ton of time into classes you despise.

You only make one pawn. The others can be randomly generated ones you hire on the road like traveling mercs or pawns that other players have made. I named my pawn after and created it to look like Geralt from Witcher.

>The way stats are calculated is just terrible.
Why do retards keep parroting this dumb meme?

kek

The big dick spells take years to cast but they're fucking amazing, and if you're running multiple sorcs they delete everything once you get them off.

to be fair, MA growths are pretty baffling
it's a ranged/climbing class but it's highest growths are defensive
that said there are a bunch of mods that change MA growths, if you use one of the MA exclusive ones your pawns don't even get banned

Because it's fucking true? If your attack is just ONE point below an enemy's defense rating, you do absolutely dick. When it's the same, you do average damage. When it's above by even a fraction of a point, you do tons of damage.

Yeah, this franchise is definitely not for me. 'preciate the answers though

That should've at least been an unlock for beating the true end. Would love to control my pawn in NG+ while my arisen goes full ham doing crazy, stupid shit in the hybrid classes

There's one dingy village and one underutilized city. The world is absolutely nothing special, it's basically Capcom's take on Cyrodiil. The story is total jank and the narrative is all over the place. Every npc talks in an old-timey but not appropriate for any time period like they're at a Renaissance faire and say 'aught' every other sentence. Animations are really crude and the graphics are mediocre even for 2012. The UI is total garbage and the game is dogshit at teaching you any of its mechanics. When and where to find sidequests is totally arbitrary and you absolutely need a guide if you want to complete them all in one playthrough.

All this aside, the combat is fantastic. All npcs manage to be incredibly charming, and the aesthetic and art style is somehow pleasing. The amount of player/pawn customization is staggering and meaningful, a shorter character will not be able to cross water without putting their lamp out and will get blown away by gusts of wind. Pawns, despite being robotic personalities by design, are self-learning AI that are probably the best companions mechanically among any game. There's no class restrictions so you can explore every fun aspect of each class all on the same character. The game is unbelievably flawed yet unbelievably entertaining and is an absolute blast to play. It's pound for pound the most consistently fun action RPG on the market. You want a deeply immersive roleplaying experience with a gripping narrative? Look elsewhere. You want to play a Fun Videogame with Soul? Look no further.

Attached: 1540957486381.png (1200x924, 1.7M)

Give me a polearm class. I want crazy halberd shenanigans.
Also maybe different races with unique classes and stuff.

>implying
If DMC2 does well Capcom's basically gonna give Itsuno free reign to do what he wants, and for good reason.

>When it's the same, you do average damage. When it's above by even a fraction of a point, you do tons of damage.
That's not how it works at all. It's simple subtraction you moron.

Er, DMC5. Got it mixed up with DD2.

A druid who shapeshifts into various monsters/animals for attacks while doing nature magic stuff. Like, lashing people with thorny vines and causing the ground itself to grab enemies before shifting into a bear to claw heads off, then following it up with firebreath from a drake.

My mistake

Attached: 1432267624897.jpg (603x466, 27K)

>he doesn't set himself on fire like an absolute madman

Eh, DMC2 will have a decently-sized userbase and microtransactions. Guaranteed money maker right there. But why would Capcom give Itsuno free reign? He's not exactly hot shit

>DMC2
??

Thank you for posting this in my absence

What I meant is more than 3 skills. I can't think of anything else to give a warrior weapon wise

??

they mean DmC 2 because they are knuckle dragging buffoons who think nero having short hair alone makes the game a sequel to the reboot

They should get crossbows or hand-cannons for the Guts aesthetic.

what's the first most popular?

>being this easily fooled
I don't have much positive to say about Itsuno, but he sure knows his audience. Idiots.

That'd be gay as hell. Pure red vocations shouldn't have any ranged weapons.

I want Warrior to have grapple attacks.
Big stronk man should be able to pick up a goblin and slam his bitch ass to the ground for damage.
I play my Warrior like this when I can:
>pommel strike stagger > grab > throw off ledge
which is fun but I want more.

Not him, but DMC5 has a dedicated shitposting circle to perpetuate that type of shit solely for the Tortanic mindset they hold. When the recent interview of Itsuno talking about DMC5 came about and he mentioned a toss-up between DMC5 and a Dragon's Dogma sequel, shitposters used that as an excuse to try and say DD was done because of DMC fans. Even though Itsuno hinted at wanting to start with DD2 after DMC was released.

I can see a Warrior who has a crossbow for fliers that does shit damage but has a few gimmicky skills that can properly combo into their main moveset.

>its a DMC fan spergs out at me TL;DR episode
let's not

Give it some point-blank stuff, or a utility rope arrow that can pull enemies to sword range or bind them to the ground.

Your reading comprehension is comparable to a child's.

Attached: 1489584617071.gif (400x225, 2.47M)

>there are people on Yea Forums RIGHT NOW that don't understand the simple paradigm of red=melee yellow=range and blue=magic

you sound mad

>3 sentences
>TL;DR

Attached: HA WINS.jpg (762x681, 61K)

Are you obsessed or just autistic?
Literally lashing out at anybody who says anything bad about that game. Fuck outta here autismo you have your circlejerk thread.

>Imagine having to call it, run to get on it, get off, loot, fight, repeat.
Witcher 3 wasnt that bad.

blue classes get the lightning whip for a melee weapon
why can't red classes use something like a grappling hook or a thrown axe

>shitting your diaper this hard

Holy shit

I'm not. I just saw the countless threads they made with the same OP text and same picture over the course of a month when I said I didn't believe it.

I didn't lash out at anyone?

>a spell is a melee weapon
jesus christ

Just downloaded this game and I’m gonna start writing a journal in character. This is because I hope it will be kinda like playing DnD, something I cannot do because I have no friends.
Thank you for reading my blog post on a website about being anonymous. Take it easy.

>This is because I hope it will be kinda like playing DnD
It's more of an action game, user. Not sure if an actual journal will help you enjoy it more.

this is a comparison between Dante, a playable character in DmC, and Dante, a character in DMC5. they are not, in fact, the same character, literally or figuratively. you sure are smug for how unbelievably stupid you are, or you're a decent troll in which case well done

Attached: you absolute twat.png (2052x670, 2.09M)

the spell summons a very effective melee weapon into your hands, which you then use AS a melee weapon
also the yellow is ranged thing really doesn't work because striders deal MORE damage in melee than ranged

>pull enemies to sword range
Now I'm imagining the opposite, with a warrior loading his rope tied greatsword into some anime ballista crossbow and grapple hooking straight onto that griffin giving them the finger

>a long range channeled spell that gets despelled when hit is the same thing as a melee weapon
you are legit retarded. it's a spell. no amount of autism could make it a melee weapon

This is not a dmcuck thread buddy. Fuck off lmao

and a grappling hook that draws enemies close/launches you up to enemies but deals no damage is not a ranged weapon either

Spoiled by Skyrim where you can be and do everything all the time with no penalties.

I like the idea of writing as a dungeon crawling adventurer, sort of like an old pulp fantasy novel or something.

it's a ranged option that goes against the simple to understand design philosophy of "RED=MELEE"

more like "several enemies/bosses were designed around having a ranged option, fighting them without it is an incredibly frustrating experience because you spend minutes standing around"

Replaying Planescape right now. I genuinely miss games that did journals like that.

i am not bound or required any rule to not dunk on you for being a dumb faggot

you actually have autism

and the lightning whip is a melee option
you can call it a spell all you want but it's designed around use in melee which mages are not supposed to have

also again EXPLAIN STRIDERS YOU FUCKFACE

Not even remotely true. Even if it was, you have three other party members.

Not an argument lmao stay mad

no i don't, you do

Please don't min max. This game would suck ass if you went from 1 to 200 without switching classes.

It's great when your pawn become self sufficient and murder everything on its own.

Attached: 1480327516299.webm (720x406, 2.99M)

good luck getting your pawns to actually do things like hit the metal golem disks or targeting the dragon's hearts for stuns

Even though it doesn't play like a classic DnD based CRPG, I still got heavy DnD vibes from the world and setting in DDDA
>Beholder
I wonder why that is

>there are people on Yea Forums RIGHT NOW that don't understand the simple paradigm of red=melee yellow=range and blue=magic

yellow has a bunch of melee features

brontide is meant for mid-range combat since a simple bump can knock you out of it. it isn't designed as a melee option which anyone that's ever used it would be able to tell you

>DUDE THIS ONE NICHE ENEMY THAT YOU MIGHT NEVER SEE MEANS SEVERAL BOSSES AND ENEMIES NEED A RANGED OPTION
Retard.

given it stuns or knocks down most enemies it's pretty darn viable for that
blue classes have options to deal with enemies in melee, red classes have no options to deal with enemies at ranged

because they aren't supposed to. they're the melee classes. get that shit through your head.

Wrong post?

Who the fuck are you replying to, faggot?

Yeah. Meant for

Because it takes twice as long to come out, you're better off having your pawn cast the normal version

>you
>don't
>see
>dragons
>in
>dragon's
>dogma

and yet blue classes aren't supposed to have melee options WHICH THEY HAVE
the whole "BUT SUPPOSED" doesn't work when it's only rigorously upheld for one class

heck even the fighter has a ranged option in the form of shield summons

You're better off with your pawn as literally anything other than mage.

mage pawns have that staff that resurrects them

BLUE=MAGIC
>heck even the fighter has a ranged option in the form of shield summons
you are legit fucking retarded. if that's all you want then the warrior can get a scream/taunt instead of some gay rope/arrow shit that defeats the purpose of the class.

okay they
YELLOW = RANGED

and yet THE STRIDER DEALS MORE MELEE DAMAGE THAN THE FIGHTER YOU DIPSHIT

the fuck you on about, cunt?
I'm usually the one who posts it. Unless you've been posting them in my absences while I'm at work, anyways.

That's a competent pawn.

that's due to poor implementation rather than an intended result from the core design philosophy.

no that's because the supposed rigid lines you think exist, don't actually exist
if it were so rigid then why does the ranger, the uber-ranged class, have melee weapons?

the classes are a difference in style, and giving warrior a more barbarian ranged option would not break that style

It's basically the same with ranged pawns not aiming at the golem discs. They have problems with aiming at things that are not harpies/other constantly flying enemies, if they are at a certain distance. Instead of giving the warrior out of place weapons and gimmicks, they should siply fix the aiming of pawns and let them do their job.

Which DDON classes do you want to see in DD2, Yea Forums?

Attached: high_scepter.jpg (1920x1080, 275K)

All of them.

Alchemist looked fun. I should probably play DDO

Probably because the archetypical rogues, nimble fighters are rangers they are based on always used a mix of melee and bows.

because it's fucking called ranger, a class that has been known for dual wielding for decades.
>a more barbarian ranged option
doesn't exist, but we all know how retarded your idea of "ranged option" is.

what about giving the warrior both a greatsword and a greathammer and giving them a skill to throw one of them making that weapon temporarily unavailable?
can't really say that's not in the spirit of the class

I wish more games had magic archers

>doesn't exist
throwing axes are one of THE most archetypical barbarian weapons in existence

The dinput hooker lets you equip any weapons on any vocation. It's a bit clunky since you have to swap to that weapon's vocation to change skills though.

There really aren't a lot of options out there.

Attached: mystic_archer.jpg (1024x757, 240K)

that's rich coming from the dude that unironically asked "why ranger dual wield daggers???"
still doesn't change the fact that the core design philosophy of red vocations is solely melee.

then maybe the core design of red vocations is lacking and should be updated for any potential sequel because all other classes have ranged + melee

nah it works just fine as is. i've run through bbi as a fresh fighter solo and the lack of a range attack didn't cause any issue.

Just make the warrior strike the ground in a golf swing motion. I'd imagine within a fantasy setting using inhuman strength to propel debris at your foes would hurt.

I'd imagine it features a lot of waiting for those damn flying enemies to actually come down and a whole lot of budget-strider'ing climbing on enemies without the skills or fast movement to make it tolerable

>those damn flying enemies
just run past them or use the absurd reach on skyward lash. playing as a pure red vocation isn't difficult at all, especially when you have a full party. complaining about it just means you're a shitter

not saying it's difficult, saying it's tedious

JUST
RUN
PAST
THEM

About to play this game, keyboard or controller, any recommended visual mod?

>tfw you finally see your pawn ripping shit off
This game is the best dad simulator. It's like chaperoning a bunch deadly, retarded kids that have only a faint grasp on mortality.

Attached: 1396742787858.jpg (298x324, 11K)

Keyboard
There's a high resolution texture pack on the nexus, I would also recommend the dinput8.dll hook mod as well. It doesn't affect anything by default but gives you some convenient features with an in-game menu for the game like changing the weather on command for screenshots as well as adding some hotkeys so you don't spend so much time crawling through menus. It also adds borderless windowed mode support and some QOL stuff like letting you gather items more quickly so that mining doesn't make you want to kill yourself, or using the in-town animations for running outside of town instead of the ugly hunched running animation. You can also lock in your pawn's inclinations so they won't end up retarded.
Optionally you should also get the mod that fixes stat growths for Mystic Knight and Magick Archer so they're less defensive oriented. Just don't get any mods that affect the stat growths of base jobs (those being Fighter/Warrior, Mage/Sorcerer, and Strider/Ranger) as those will get you banned from online pawn sharing.

Assassin.

everything else is way too slow to be fun tbqh.

Attached: 20181023190114_1.jpg (1920x1080, 483K)

Just make Warrior play like DDO Warrior and I'm good. Alchemist looks fun but almost too crazy to fit in the original game. A toned down version that has similar skills would be fun.