What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: soulvsnosoul.jpg (666x740, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AfrobullArt/status/1100781255816286209
strawpoll.me/17513653
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you grew up and the realization pokemon was always a 2nd rate rpg settled in

you didnt alignt the types correctly.

Top = no soul
Bot = soul

KANTOOOOOOOOOO

The top is simple the bottom looks like something out of deviant art

Designs are too toylike in their proportions. Parts like mouths are glued on or just a hole. Doesn't seem like real creature first. Re uses so many design qualities so they don't even seem fresh.

The fakemon "leak" someone posted earlier was better. These are so fucking bad I didn't believe they were official at first

If I was able to be a kid again right now and have the new pokemon be my first pokemon and then age to where I am now, I'd be able to give you an objective comparison unabated by nostalgia

I got u breh

Attached: 6CC4E7D9-6F2D-4505-8187-DA80972A7507.jpg (845x854, 93K)

I like Sobble, but he reminds me of just an altered frokie. Scorbunny is a dumb name.

1st gen starters are better (IMO) because their designs are cute and cool at the same time. Look at their fangs and claws. They look ready for battle. Now look at the other starters.

They all look to round. Look at their eyes, they’re all the same shape. And why do their mouths look like that?

Nothing, they're cute
Grookey gang all the way

For real though, everyone hates the starters of every new gen until another batch comes along, then all of a sudden everyone will say these were fantastic

I didn't know neopets was still going

Rowlet was made in the wrong generation, as he fits more in the britbong region instead of Grookey, and vice versa for the monkey.

The rabbit is fine though, and I don't know what to say about Sobble.

Attached: 722.png (475x475, 134K)

Made for sucking dick

nothing

you're just a genwunner who doesn't even buy the games anymore but expect the company to appeal to you anyway

kind of interesting to see how many design features get reused in certain generations
squirtle, charmander, and bulbasaur have the exact same mouth and legs, and their eyes are very similar, too

You became a bitter adult

nothing so far
but they always could and probably will with the shitty anthro final evolution

What fucking animal is Sobble based on?

Attached: 1470831984741.jpg (500x500, 33K)

the only decent looking one is bunny. sobble looks like a mudkip ripoff with squirtle's tail and grookey is just full retard.

looks like a gecko

Sobble looks pretty okay, my only qualms being that the curve between its eyes looks dumb, and the cheek spots are maybe a bit much.
Grookey is so close to being good, there's just too many colours. The orange doesn't look right with the green, brown and yellow. Had it just been the latter three colours, I'd like it a lot more.
As for Scorbunny, it's a fittingly unappealing name for an unappealing design. Massive feet on toothpick legs, weird red collar thing on its neck, and the bandages on its nose and sole? No thanks.

Nothing wrong with Sobble.

>it's going to be another fire/fighting starter

Attached: 1531465020720.jpg (180x157, 10K)

Obviously an inguana. Weird feet, camouflage, it's all there.

>Too toy like

>Gen 1 all have receding beak-mouths, way bigger 90s anime style eyes, more anthro looking heads, stubbier proportions, and less detail for lower merch cost.
Huh?

Arr rook same. The starters are plush toys first and starters second. This is the first time where I feel like it's universally true for all three of them. It's the culmination of Piplup's influence.

Attached: buy me.png (250x250, 4K)

I don't get why people, after having played open world RPGs and adventure games like Zelda: Breath of the Wild, keep getting excited over these low effort pokemon games. They're short changing fans every generation.

Where is that meme about new pokemon designs not being lame, you just being older when you need it?

Jesus this is the homo-sexualization of Pokémon. Anyone growing up attached to these baby toy looking creatures is guarenteed to take dick up his ass

Attached: Inside_b4ca07_5591387.jpg (449x353, 47K)

hackers that ruin and devalue the game

> more then likely to be yet another fire/fighting starter

Attached: 1542310161737.png (352x315, 151K)

I dunno, people are complaining about round heads but Kanto's starters have the same head shape.

a newt imo

but the feet are shaped like that of a chameleons'

Attached: Paramesotriton_deloustali_dorsolateralwhite_Rowley.jpg (2008x1409, 190K)

>Homogenization
>Squirtle is just Charmander with a shell on.

lil monkey fella

Let's ignore the crappy pokemon for a sec, what do the new girls looks like?

so the theory is true?

Attached: 1551279256331.png (893x894, 382K)

These names are fucking retarded

Attached: meechee.w1200.h630.jpg (1200x630, 168K)

Gen 1 look like creatures. Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur have mouths that look like an animal's. These new ones literally have stickers for mouths on their heads. Their proportions are also not toy like like the new ones. But I see you're autistic and unable to read a person's post properly or you just flat out ignore enitre parts of it so you'll respond with some bullshit thinking you've won.

>foxes are dogs now
>cyndaquil
>a rat

>rat
>dog
No, it's fucked

Fire snake would be cute and could easily evolve into cool shit later.

but foxes are dogs though........canine family

Maybe, if they keep making fire starters based on the zodaic, then yes. The moment they dont is when itks false.

was it autism? wtf pokémon used to be so thicc and juicy

Grooky doesn’t look too bad. He’s gonna be grass fighting incineroar 2.0. The rabbit is disgusting and fuck Basedbble.

there's absolutely nothing wrong with the new starters

Attached: 1551280771.kolae_scorbunny.png (464x900, 563K)

Basedbble*

I'm just here hoping none of them turn to waifu shit.

YAAAAAASSS
KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1548638879288.jpg (883x835, 381K)

The rabbit definitely will.

r34 this soon? Already?

man do i have some bad news for you+

while both sets of starters are cute, only gen 1 actually has some features that ake the pokemon also seem cool
they used to have more sharp, confident looks despite being cute little creatures
pokemon now only goes for cute until evolution, and sticking to cute only in the first evolution makes the starters look less appealing

Cyndaquil is based off of shrews and porcupines or hedgehogs
Fennekin is a fox, although they're related to dogs you would never mistake a fox for a dog.
Charmander is a salamander.

>these baby toy looking creatures
You're about 23 years late to the party then cause Pokemon's always been baby toy designs

>Creatures
>Pot bellied
>Points for fingers
>All thigh, no shins
>Eyes are GIANT and just 90s anime human eyes
>No chin or low snout, just jaw.
Someone's projecting their inability to actually argue anything but their preference.

how fucking stupid are you people
>curled tail
>zygodactylus feet
>changes color
>casque
it's a fucking chameleon

Attached: veiled_chameleons_01L.jpg (740x370, 100K)

why does the bunny have bandages is it another fire fighting?

How fast do these nerds pull these drawings out of their asses lmao

you're new to this pokemon reveal thing aren't you?

Attached: 1551280922124.png (500x500, 177K)

The same thing happened with Overwatch immediately after it's announcement. Blizzard family and friends were in the alpha for the game and were most likely making smut for it in anticipation for the public announcement. I imagine the same thing is happening for this.

Yes

This

How can you guys be so stupid?

They learned how to draw various animals with different shapes rather than making three lizards with the same three-toed hands and feet.

Foxes aren't dogs and Cyndaquil isn't a rat and the fire cat is a cat, not a tiger. If anything this was deconfirmed.

This happened to Vocaloid and Touhou too and I don't think Yamaha and ZUN have secret promo ninjas by the dozens.

this is a timeless tradition for pokemon reveals

There's a significant difference between the first and the last generation. explained it well

Attached: 37147BB4-CC32-4431-9231-C4D8E513236A.png (1794x1842, 1.74M)

Also Charmander isn't a dragon.

>Genwunner thread
Gen 8 starters are definitely shit though.

NEW GAME BAD
OLD GAME GOOD

Attached: truth.png (893x1200, 191K)

>and Cyndaquil isn't a rat
Cyndaquil is literally the Fire Rat Pokemon you tard.

>Top is dinosaur monsters
>Bottom is random cartoon animals

Idk, but I think I'll pick retardedsoullesspansage over fire-typeshotalopunny or depressionmudkip.
...How did these become our choices again?

>chameleons can swim

back to bio class cletus

>Not boxing your starter after Route 1

Do you niggas even play Pokémon?

Attached: ftuy05t610j21.jpg (720x960, 70K)

That is one fucking stretch.

>Explained it well
>Literally doesn't explain how they look like creatures but "I think so".

So, technically they are all correct.
Porcupines are rodents
Foxes are canines
Salamanders are, through folklore, related to dragons

oversized baby spherical heads

Attached: oldnewdesigns.png (1282x1878, 613K)

Yeah wtf and the french name doesn't call it one either

I wonder how fuckable scorbunny's evolutions are going to be.

The monkey looks like shit, the others are fine

Why do i keep seeing the same mouth in recent designs? I can't be the fucking only one.

Attached: mouth.png (295x195, 9K)

NEW GAME BAD
OLD GAME GOOD

Grookie...? Grookie! GROOKIE!!!!! GRASS MONEY!?

Shy water boy is cute. CUTE!

nice bait fag

Okay, but how would you FIX the designs?

>Remove the orange spots on Grookey or replace them with the brown it already has
>Remove the patches on Scorbunny's nose and feet
>Remove the dark blue spots on Sobble's cheeks

Your first point will never not be retarded. Mouse have separated heads with a neck and nu-chu has actual limbs.

Attached: rodent.png (428x280, 56K)

>Pot bellied
Wrong
>Points for fingers
Those are called claws. Compared to the new ones which have stubs with lines and pickles. At least the monkey has claws.
>Shins
Nigger the new ones don't even have thighs, they're stick figure legs
>Still crying about the eye size
Not an argument, and again, your creatures literally have stickers for body features. You want to try again? I'm sure repeating yourself about the eyes will BTFO me eventually.

>wtf Toucannon is literally my mom's toucan
Amerifats are never happy with a series they still consider a fad

Bunnies can shoot fire and charmander the salamander can't swim.

How can you be this obnoxious?

Except that's more about the general art-style shift.
The gen 1 mouths look about as detailed as stickers for that general art-style that was popular at the time.
If you look at the general anime art style that's popular now, those mouths and eyes are pretty standard. Not detailed but standard, same as gen1 for what anime style was popular at the time

They're just too focused on selling merch instead of making instersting monsters. Nobody expected the first game to get any merch at all.

Attached: 1435211949970.jpg (960x5814, 956K)

>it's right if you argue semantics
Not all rodents are rats, not all canines are dogs, not all cats are tigers. The way you think is dumb because this is specifically referencing a very specific animal..

The color scheme isn't the problem, bro.

Remove Bulbasaur's spots and Charmander's belly, first.

Because they're interchangable stickers also see they're literally toys

>rabbits can't light things on fire
you too
Please explain, I'd love to hear your theory.

>Homogenization
Uhh... might wanna read that again. Something something reading comprehension...

Why is this point even reused, real mice aren't hamsters. You can see the fur getting smaller around the head.

Attached: House-mouse-e1451704622923.jpg (1280x496, 115K)

The only good design there is Pidgey

>50% wrong
>confirmed

Attached: 1526926456657.png (893x894, 359K)

Which one will be the waifu?

they should have shortened the bunny's name to Scunny

Kill yourself already, ponyfag.

Attached: 116Horsea.png (431x431, 135K)

Let me guess, the Fire starter is gonna progressively turn into a Fighting type as it moves onto later evolutions? It literally looks like a soccer player.

It's 2019, have sex with a man already.

>instersting

Huh, never noticed all three original starters have that beak-like peak in their upper lips.

I forgot that the Gen 1 starters all had sameface.

fucking god damnit, now i can't unsee it

That's actually a even worse argument since gen 1 pokemon look like 90s moe faces stamped on a plush toy.

Attached: A77-9.jpg (512x384, 67K)

>They managed to make starters worse than gen 5's starters
Fucking hell, Game Freak.

I thought it was suppose to be a salamander

NO DELETE THIS NOOOOOOOOOO
I WANT KANTO AGAIIIIN

The top one is gonna turn into a newage hipster/stoner with a man bun.

So this is going to be the first non bipedal starter right? Right?

Wow, thanks for posting Horsea user! Now I can post this newer seahorse Pokemon that has an even more oversized head and scrawny neck to emphasize how new Pokemon are focused more on being cute toys!

Attached: 1200px-690Skrelp.png (1200x1200, 551K)

next gen starters leaked

Attached: Untitled.png (1017x462, 5K)

Isn't fire/fighter purely a balance choice because fire type is bad against rock type?

Fixed your fire type for you, Game Freak.

Attached: scorbunny.png (252x414, 88K)

literally this These are the most blatantly generic designs they've ever had for starters. Every single one looks like they were based on the same template to make cheap plush toys from and then just picked an element and animal to slap on to it.

Attached: gen8_starters_generic.png (1704x772, 115K)

They are all souless except gen 1

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

>fighting against Team Muslim

Based!

>round pot like bellies aren't pot bellies
>claws are smaller than fingernail tips and the same color as flesh
>"But they have thin limbs!"
>literally "d-doesn't count"
And I'm not the one trying to have a superiority complex over a kid's JRPG worse than DQ4 user.

Attached: Misty-the-Dragon-Stuffed-Animal-1095-root-1KID1247_KID1247_1470_1.jpg_Source_Image.jpg?sw=1024.jpg (1024x1024, 93K)

No, you still don't get it. He said Homo-sexualization, NOT homogenization. Has nothing to do with moe faces. Reading comprehension, ffs.

>There's a significant difference between the first and the last generation.

Yes it's called NEW BAD OLD GOOD KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 > 4 > 7 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 8
In terms of starters.

This image is misleading. Rapidash gets a horn.

Your SUPER FUNNY post would work if only the babies of that animal didn't also have huge heads and sticc bodies, while Horsea is gen 1 and has no excuse whatsoever. Not to mention its general shape being more based on the TOY of a seahorse. Nice try.

And unlike Seadra, it doesn't carry to Dragalge.

So gen 4? Their starters do the same exact thing.

I notice the original starters all have kind of a fierce edge to them. Sharp points, claws, teeth. Squirtle kind of looks like a pussy, admittedly, but he gets cooler with evolutions.

It's funny because out of all of those the gen 1 are the ones who look the same
I mean look at charmander and squirtle, they're like two different skins for the same character

user, you know you haven't actually explained how it's homosexual right?

>remove the best part
no the band aid adds character

Attached: 1252509212776.png (491x322, 171K)

So the fire starter being a bunny was predicted, or leaked? the design isn't the same as the "leaks", but the similarity between the concepts is suspicious

dude wtf she's naked

It says it's a mouse, not a rat, and that's just the English translation (I don't know what the Japanese description is) and mice aren't rats. Not to mention that Cyndaquil is clearly not aesthetically based off of a mouse or a rat, but something like a porcupine.

literally this These are the most blatantly generic designs they've ever had for starters. Every single one looks like they were based on the same template to make cheap plush toys from and then just picked an element and animal to slap on to it.

Attached: gen8_starters_generic.png (1704x772, 115K)

They are running out of creative ideas.

They all have the exact same head shape and they're based on concepts we've seen before. Grookey is nu-Pansage, Scorbunny is nu-Buneary, and Sobble is nu-Mudkip.

>8 is shit
>despite the fact that these are the most simplified starters in gens

except the only bipedal one is the football bunny. i'm glad GF is appealin

Every starter looks like shit, just like gen 5. It's worse because gen 7 had good starters all around despite being shit gmaes.

Oh fuck you

>They all have the exact same head shape
Same with Gen 1 and it's sad you don't realize that

Way to miss the point.

It looks more girly. Was it that hard?

BUNNYCHADS REPORT IN

Imagine if literally any gen 1 pokemon was released today

>WOW A SALAMANDER WITH FIRE SO ORIGINAL
>LITERALLY JUST A TURTLE WITH A SQUIRREL TAIL GOOD JOB
>LETS JUST STICK A BULB ON A FROG SO YOU CAN TELL ITS A GRASS TYPE

4>2>1>3>7>5>6>8
(based on first stages only)

I think they're pretty good.
They all got a solid design and idea, and you can clearly tell what they're about just from the faces alone.

Attached: starter heads.png (781x331, 81K)

Its because all the gen1 starters are reptiles dumbass

Shit names.
Sobble is literally Squirtle Jr.

Attached: 542570E4-8ECB-4BF8-895F-6259EFEEAE95.jpg (868x515, 53K)

This. Looks more like a shota lupunny to me, though, since it's more anthro.

So my guessimate was right with
You're just a super autist who wanted to feel like they had a point.
It was feminine and cutesy in the 90s.

I like Sobble.

The bunny looks like Sonic

Attached: IMG_20190227_155155.png (229x318, 134K)

>its okay when kanto does it

but i thought contrarians hated that pokemon has gotten too overdesigned. the only thing wrong with the bunny is the tomboy patch but removing just makes it look to bland. Grass monkey gets a pass for actually being a grass monkey unlike pansage who is just DUDE GREEN MONKEY LMAO. at least ook ook has a stick and it will clearly be incorporated in its' evos. sad gecko is the worst one for now but evos can change a lot.

Not really? I mean Squirtle and Charmander are kind of similar, but they're not copy-pasted like these are, Squirtle's head is more round and Charmander's is more oval.

anyone else fantasize about a reboot that gets rid of all the shit pokemon forever and only keeps the good ones

I wasn't the one saying it was homosexual. I was just correcting the misquote in the first place and got pulled in. Should have made clear I wasn't user in the first place.

Extreme toylike anatomy

>another monkey
its going to be grass-fighting right?

>i mean look

Attached: 1551185907773.jpg (1105x738, 101K)

so like every pokemon in the history of ever. i'm sure pokemon can have a plush if fans demanded anyone enough.

>gen 1 - two really strong designs. One okay design
>gen 2 - two really strong designs. One pretty bad design
>every subsequent gen - two shitty designs. One cool design.

Everything has the same round head shape

Why

twitter.com/AfrobullArt/status/1100781255816286209

STARTERS RANKED BY GEN(all forms taken into consideration)

1>4>3>2>7>6>5

Leaving out 8 obviously because we have yet to see the 2nd and 3rd forms.

Attached: everything i say is right.jpg (600x696, 30K)

nah the beatboxing monkey is probably going to be the wild card.

Scorbunny is just a Fire-type Bunnelby.

Attached: 94CD8846-C78D-4AC2-9CD1-E57A44B491A9.png (2400x1200, 900K)

no, it looks like

Attached: buncat.png (229x319, 149K)

>a dragon is a lizard... crosses out the lizard pkmn
>a tiger is part of felidae... crosses out the feline pkmn
>a dog is part of canidae.... crosses out the fox pkmn
>a rat.... well, that is debatable since that pkmn changes species at all 3 stages

Attached: 8d2.jpg (353x334, 16K)

Images of 90s anime girls =/= girly

The new gen looks more wimpy if that makes it easier to understand. Less animal features more furby.

Attached: 16e.jpg (903x960, 52K)

>one focuses on ears
>one focuses on feet

SAME THING

> say a common phrase
> BAAAAAAAASEDYYYYYYY

Kill yourself

> 1>4
KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Because you never played gen 4.

I’m not disagreeing that a lot of Pokémon are toylike but the bunny and Sobble these take it to another level.

HOLY SHIT IT'S FEMALE BUBSY

I'm glad nintendo released with scorbunny it's first transgender pokemon.

No it's absolutely not and you wanting to believe it's true doesn't make it anymore so

>monkey for niggers
>bunny for faggots
>yet another froglike for normies

Can't wait to catch something else

The bunny is literally fucking Meowth, so he's right and you can't attack any gen while defending another.

The Pokedex description have always been bullshit. I don't care if the Pokedex says Fire Mouse, when it's design clearly is not based off mice

Attached: 542.png (680x444, 165K)

With cuter teeth! Get fucked, Bunnelby! Your overbite is garbage!

>Nu-pansage has a stick.
Pansage had a whole tree.

>

Attached: 1200px-427Buneary.png (1200x1200, 336K)

>Cutesy femininity isn't girly
Based brainlet wojak poster being more retarded than any post he tries to shitpost as usual.

>turtle
>dinossaur
>salamander

>monkey
>bunny
>dinossaur

this is probably the best startes we had since the snake, pig dinossaur starters

They were designed toys-first. They're poke-Porgs.

no one cared about this reject until its' mega evo

It’s meowth

>same drop shaped heads
>Sobble is just soulless Mudkip
>Grookey is ok but he's going to envolve into some unga ape or a cricket player. Same thing, really
>Scorbunny is another energetic, physical fire-type and has a shit name. It follows the same naming pattern as most starters (lit-kitten, torch-chick, scorch-bunny) but the combined words don't flow too well

The monkey is way better than bulbasaur and the lizard is just as good as Squirtle

You might be retarded. Charmander is based off of a salamander, it isn't a dragon. The cat is a housecat, not a tiger. The fox is not a dog, and a rat is not a porcupine. Why are you all so stupid? The Chinese zodiac chart specifically talks about very certain animals, not orders or families. fox =/= dog, cat =/= tiger, etc. Get educated nigger.

>she
Huh?

Attached: 1445695675422.jpg (600x602, 32K)

>water is a dinosaur

it's a gecko based on coats of arms ya mook

This is terrible

Also Scorbunny is fucking bipedal AGAIN

Oh yeah because the Chinese sure celebrate "year of the salamander" huh being semantical and saying their part of the same family doesn't do shit for your theory. It's year of the dog not year of the fox doesn't matter if they're in the same family.

But that expression is not on the picture you posted, you just don't want to address your painfully obvious double standards

Fire Lightning bunny this is literally the greatest gen

>he's going to evolve into some unga ape

the implication that this is a bad thing? you want it to be just another Infernape clone?

Retards will defend this.
How come 70% of random artists on the internet are better at designing pokemons than Game Freak itself?

Same thing except it's more like sonic + shota + fire-palette + Bunnelby.

Also are we talking the same furby?
Gen 1 is generally fatter and more homogenized anatomy. Mankey is literally a furball with angry limbs and eyes.

Attached: image2.jpg (1999x1050, 220K)

>scorch-bunny
>not flare-hare

keep teling yourself that, we already had a frog pokemon
that little fucker is a dinossaur

Attached: file.png (468x311, 102K)

Stay mad, basedlet.

Here's your lolimons starters

Attached: Raws-4U-Mitsudomoe-01-MX-1280x720-H_264-AAC-Chap_mp4_snapshot_00_04_2010_07_11_14_38_32.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Scorbunny is shit! SHIT!

You can only have [generic primary element small animal] for so many iterations before it gets old

i'm pretty sure people were already beating their meat to lopunny before the mega evolution

These r some of the most boring looking Starters. Hopeful their Evos r cool.

Ppl loved to talk shit about Oshowott pre-release, then it turned out Oshi had the coolest looking evo of the three.

Attached: IMG_1113.png (1024x666, 434K)

Attached: 73425579_p0.png (600x800, 197K)

So designers can't take inspiration from anything?

>It must be how I say it is REEEE

I think these are the worst looking starters yet. Only Unova starters come close, but even those are better.

Baby loch ness monster

They started designing Pokemon specifically to be marketable to targeted demographics instead of just being unique looking Dragon Quest/Mother inspired JRPG monsters

Post-gen 2 pokemon have been utter garbage. Shocking.

You might actually have brain damage if you think by year of the dragon they meant year of the salamander or even equate them. Do you even know the story behind the Chinese zodiac? Because if you did you sure as fuck wouldn't be saying a salamander is basically the same thing.

Attached: IMG_3643_0.jpg (361x381, 26K)

>the implication that this is a bad thing?
Not at all. Enjoy your grass ooga booga.

>be wrong
>get btfo
>start frothing at the mouth
Like clockwork.

Gen 3 was fucking magic you take that shit back.

Attached: 1525798037534.gif (560x533, 151K)

Everything went to shit after Gen 3, not gen 2.

Looks like a fanart.

It must be exhausting to be a genwunner
>come up with a reason why new pokemon suck
>someone points out that gen 1 did the same thing
>have to come up with why it doesnt count

Sobble is a good soiboi

top will turn into a delicious plate of fish and chips

Gen 3 is fucking garbage

Gen 2 has the worst ones, Johtobabby parasite.

looks a bit stale but I only really played gens 1 and 6 to completion so I'll probably wait another decade or so for gen 11 or 12

Every gen has good Pokémon and every gen has low-effort mons. Taken as a whole I'd probably rank them 1>3>4>5>2>7>6

No its a good region, that's why everyones favorite part about it is going to another region.

I am really tired of game freak shtting in my mouth and calling it a sundae

I'm hoping they'll fake us out and it'll drop into a quadrupedal runners pose for it's evos

Gen 2 had the worst next to these Gen 8 ones now. But Gen 3 had great fucking starters.

Another fire/fighting? Boo.

These are the first starters I've been excited about in many generations.

>completely textureless

>almost no details whatsoever

>literal blob appendages

>heads are bigger than their bodies

>uninspired color scheme

>retreaded animal designs

The "lategenitis" is strong with these designs. You can tell the devs literally don't care anymore.

Shit taste it's the last hurrah of shine in Pokemon before it starts getting snuffed out and replaced with low effort shit.

Sorry to burst your bubble, zoomer, but gen 1 and 2 are the best pokemon.
>3, 4 and 5
>better than 2
Yikes

>chameleon
>water
pick one

whats the bad guy theme for this game?soccer teams?

>Rabbit
makes sense for UK

>Monkey
Well I guess we will visit not-London

>Gecko
?

Not that the kanto trio makes sense for the region, but it seems so random

Yeah remember how gen 6 had a fight..oh.

But remember how 7 had a fight...oh.

>b-b-b-but Incineshit looks like...
Yeah. Looks like. Isn't.

you gained nostalgia goggles and ruined life for yourself.

Why are their eyes so ugly and what's with those retard mouths? Such punchable faces.

>salamander
>fire
pick one
oh wait

I unironically like the bunny, but absolutely hate everything else about this game, especially the buget-evee/pikachu look of the game itself.

So gen 2 basically?

Top is a shit flinging monkey to represent Scotland

It's honestly incredible how much soul the gen 1 starters have

Attached: 1493165522590.jpg (383x576, 44K)

The mudkip line was the only good Starter Design in Gen 3. Outside of water types, Gen 3 was pure shit, only the water pokemon designs were any good.

The standouts Gen 2 has are very good, but the rest are utterly forgettable shitmons that you would never use in game.

Attached: 9F84919B-A929-400E-9B07-7CA95DE2DFAE.png (1080x1080, 359K)

Inb4 the virgin Sobble and the chad Mudkip

old game bad new game bad

Attached: smug madoka.jpg (640x368, 98K)

OH FUCK Yea Forums, GAMEFREAK NEEDS A NEW STARTER AND IT MUST USE THIS TEMPLATE, GIVE ME YOUR BEST

Attached: 1549802777170.png (211x328, 5K)

I don't think starters were ever themed after regions, also the water one is a chameleon

We get it, you grew up with the soulless poketmonster generations. Keep your bitterness to yourself, baby.

nice ass

i want to fuck that rabbit

thought I wouldnt like rabbit if they went with it, but I really, really like it. Gecko's good too. Fuck the monkey though

yeah like I stretched your mom's vagina last night lololololololo

The only starter that looks like it has the potential to have a cool final evolution is Sobble, unfortunately.

Japan's calarts.

woomies got porn 5 minutes after the splatoon e3 reveal

Attached: 1551048393995.jpg (269x154, 17K)

Not really. You can kind of see it, but it isn't nearly as bad as the newer generations.

Attached: 1547709656793.png (737x244, 121K)

>zoomer
>Yikes
Soi-filled millennial spotted.

I'm pretty sure those will be just the baby version of the real starter

Attached: baby.jpg (1400x700, 121K)

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR THAT FIRE/FIGHTING EVO HOLY SHIT THANK YOU GAME FREAK

Have you never seen an iguana before?

Attached: 20180721_150802.jpg (2880x2160, 2.41M)

Oh, right. I just had the name wrong.

Gobble's fucking adorable leave him alone

Attached: D0a1cSHWkAIbKjj.jpg (525x526, 32K)

No, those are the starters.

Jesus bottom looks like a new Cartoon Network show

Cyndaquil and Totodile are literally perfect, to be fair.

Bros, I cant choose between Grookey and Sobble, help

>Water/Dragon chameleon-gecko
Fucking hopefully, it's going to be something completely different though

>literally perfect,
No.

Sorry am a retard

Yup. Quite literally if we are being fair with ourselves to be honest.

>What went wrong?
adults still playing pokemon

Not at all, but whatever you say.

How about you kill yourself, Johtoparasite? Oh i remembered that you can't do anything without attaching yourself onto something, sorry.

Chikorita and Cyndaquil share nipple limbs and Chikorita has stickers for eyes and mouth.

Attached: i can't find some games.jpg (2560x1920, 1.65M)

I fucking hate modern pokemon and I don't give a shit what any of you say

Old thing good
New thing bad is exactly how I feel

My favorite gen is 3 and my favorite pokemon is Sevipar because he's cool and he's not afraid of anything

I want my pokemon to look cool not baby shit dumb dumb fucking PLAYDOUGH GARBAGE

Attached: 250px-336Seviper.png (250x250, 67K)

You gotta understand, when a game like pokemon releases, you can get a ton of popularity by being the first to draw some shit. And popularity is patreon money

Ok
So
Basically
I'm Grooky

Top - baby monsters
Bottom - monster babies

>Old: Good
>New: Bad
You being a massive faggot.

I just watched the trailer and this is exactly what i expected from gamefreak. Just the same old by the numbers, low effort garbage. That was ok on the primitive gameboy but technology has advanced so much since then and these games haven't. Why do Japs just love buying the same shit over and over? People give the west shit for this but the Japs are just as guilty with this and shit like Dragon Quest.

Yes? whats your point. Or are you just spouting memes like a retard?

Attached: 1551287764264.png (211x328, 42K)

Pokemon is a zoomer franchise

You cunt.

post your starters
Image is here

Attached: starters.png (1280x720, 1.3M)

>my favorite gen is starters with huge heads, noodle limbs and 0 details
Okay.

You know a gen isn't defined by just it's 3 starters right?

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 14K)

Doesn't make much sense considering only one of them is reptilian.

Based, fuck jacobites

>genwun niggers still exist after the trash that was let's go

Attached: Yuck.png (600x550, 34K)

Not gonna lie football hooligan rabbit is growing on me.

Attached: 1551285616753.jpg (1280x720, 346K)

That's not how taxonomy works.

Yawn

charmander is a lizard despite the name since it has claws
don't tell me you think that infernAPE isn't a monkey

Hell, I remember when japan's vidya was defined by how rote and unimaginative it was. It was an unfair generalisation based on only the lowest common denominator Nip vidya, but it's pretty telling for the state of western vidya that the common opinion has shifted the other way.

>Being this retarded

Attached: 1490328796432.gif (350x197, 1.6M)

Anybody defending airbrush shadows in 2d under any circumstances can fuck off and die

Attached: 1536607419858~01.png (750x480, 257K)

Here I'll save you the time and plug this into the modern pokemon storyline madlib.
Team Sword wants to end the world so that soccer can be reinvented as a more offensive game, and Team Shield wants to end the world so that I can be reinvented more defensively.

>Gen 1
Solid all around
>Gen 2
Solid Fire and Water, ok Grass
>Gen 3
Somewhat OK all around
>Gen 4
Solid Fire, Ok Water, Meh Grass
>Gen 5
All around meh
>Gen 6
All around meh
>Gen 7
Alright Grass type and Fire with a meh Water
>Gen 8
Meh all around.

I don't even like Kanto

Attached: 1273945953578.png (670x461, 18K)

You know gen 3 isn't defined by just Seviper and the legendaries, right?

You want a cool gen not baby shit yet your favorite has a testicle blue parrot with soft and fluffy clouds for wings and a beige harmless Goomba?

Looks good.
Is this proper Pokemon game?

*BOOM BOOM BOOM*
CAHM ON SCORBUNNY
USE EMBAH
LET'S SCORE SOME FACKING BADGES

Attached: the-chant-drummer-for-the-fans-and-football-supporters-at-leicester-BKC1PA.jpg (1300x959, 208K)

The bunny is horrible

the frog is kinda cute

the monkey is great

>Venusaur
>solid
lol

I agree, the designs for gen 3 actually felt like pokemon from a different side of the world

Attached: uWRmYOn.png (1303x1090, 1.15M)

>Still caring about a rehashed franchised aimed at kids
>lmaooo

>your proposed idea isn't true because it isn't realistic, let me just ignore the fact that this is Pokemon and nothing about it is realistic

By the way kecleon is a chameleon and chameleons can't turn invisible.

the top one is the future of britain

Attached: 1551285616753.jpg (1280x720, 346K)

Scoreland bunny better be vanilla Lopunny after it's 1st or second evolution.

Attached: Shortstack_bunny_by_Gamefreak.webm (1920x1080, 2.46M)

Where do I look to find artists drawing what their evolutions may look like?

Its one of the better final grass starters compared to stuff like Chikorias final form.

Not its Mega, that looks gay as shit.

Attached: 47baa05534d066a5b1af76fa18b35e15fb4aac8c_00.jpg (480x386, 45K)

Also Nagisa dies at the end of Clannad.

Kek at testicle blue parrot.
Which one is the beige harmless goomba?

Deviantart

>Bulbasaur = Charmander = Squirtle
>Totodile = Cyndaquil >>>>> Chikorita
>Treecko > Torchic > Mudkip
>Piplup > Turtwig > Chimchar
>Smugleaf > Oshawott > Tepig
>Fennekin > Froakie > Chespin
>Rowlett > Litten > Popplio
I pulled these off Wikipedia so they're proven facts and no one can argue them.

>Gen 1
Perfect
>Gen 2
Horrible
>Gen 3
Better than perfect somehow
>Gen 4
You tried
>Gen 5
Jesus Christ stop
>Gen 6
Heh, not bad kid
>Gen 7
Nevermind

>even pre-rendered video looks worse than games on real consoles
>fans pretend game looks great anyways
Fuck off, I don't mind people saying they like it or that it looks ok/fine but anyone saying it looks great or amazing is just as awful as the ones saying it looks like garbage.

nintendo is very based guys.

the grass starter refers to the weed smoking niggers in Londonistan

Attached: 1417975447876.jpg (250x277, 11K)

It's the same exact design, it means base Venusaur is also gay.

Shroomish. Harmless because Goombas have visible fangs at least.

no

Yeah but then they slam the rest button and everything is fine, at least the VN makes it very clear they slam the rest button and everyone lives happily ever after feel like the anime made it a bit more ambiguous what happened.

who cares if it’s true
the real question is if we’ll ever get a bipedal fire type starter final evolution

You got gen 3 backwards, otherwise good.

Just Google ‘hinezumi’ next time, retards.

>Rat
>Dog
>Dragon
>Tiger
Nigger are you even trying

Attached: 1549578144720.gif (750x563, 961K)

I already love this fucker. He's gonna be my main man.

i searched for r34 and didnt find this one

Gen 3 has the best pokemon ever designed

You go the king which is Swampert and mudkip
Blazeikin and Treecko

You got best dog Mightyena
And a fun design like Ludicolo
Than you got one of the best bug pokemon known to man with shedija
And also the biggest pokemon at wailord
Than you got my boy kecleon who can be anything
And the mysterious Baltoy and Claydol
We also have the gem theif Sableye and a literal shark with sharpedo
And than the master of the dragon types FLYGON AND FUCKING SALAMENCE
AND MOTHERFUCKING MEATGROSS!
and king sumo Hariyama
One of the best grass pokemon to exist with Cacturne
And the two mysterious pokemon from space with Lunatone and Solrock
With the best ghost type to ever exist with Dusclops
King of teamwork Plusle and minum
Than you got the bringer of storms Absol
And my buddy. My friend Seviper and the loser Zangoose
Aron and Aggron make up the rear with a strong heafty body
And Castform the master of weather who has MULTIPLE FORMS!
We also got the one everyone wants to fuck
Gardevoir

Oh and then we have the legendaries
Holy shit the legendaries
A FUCKING ALIEN LIFE FORM DEOXYS
AND THE MYSTERIOUS REGI'S
AND THAN THE PERMANENT BATTLE OF LAND,SEA AND AIR WITH KYOGRE/GROUDON AND RAYQUAZA

Face it loser

Pokemon Emerald has the best pokemon in the best setting with the best story

Attached: SYH4.gif (500x400, 612K)

Why can't the bug men at Game Freak make a cool fire starter anymore? It's a neurosis at this point.

open mouths are good for putting things in

this
genwunners are gay
genthreerers are that dude

Attached: DE56C16C-2661-410E-BF2C-83613A8E9789.jpg (1024x576, 128K)

nobody has uploaded it to e6 yet for some reason

So in short you got playdough garbage Pokemon, plus the legendaries.

maybe that's an evolved form.

Wait a second.
>Pokemon doesn't run with you this time
Why? What the fuck? I thought this is default function for every Pokemon game on Switch.

Attached: Pokemon-Lets-Go.jpg (1024x683, 122K)

Agreed on the Shroomish. Its shiny is just herpetic looking.

Grown ass men arguing over a franchise made for literal babies?
It's more likely than you think

Over-design was inevitable. Still, I like the bunny.

I'm guessing type advantage goes
Genki > Bookworm > Tsundere > Genki

My only issue with them is the noodle legs on the rabbit and water one. Kinda like them though.

Question: why isnt there a pokemon named Fitecub yet?

>Torchic
>not bipedal

They even arguing about "plot" sometimes. They're very autistic.
>Over-design
Over-posting

since the camera focus on the backgrounds now they can't add following pokemon or the framerate will tank more than it already does because they are still using the X/Y engine

Shota, sonic, rabbit is furry autist fetish bait. Pass.

Are you over-retarded

>Every fucking new generation the fire starter has some tie to a chinese zodiac
>Every fucking new generation there's faggots still in denial
>"Yeah, sure, it's a bunny which is one of the chinese zodiac BUT NEXT TIME IT WON'T BE AND YOU'LL BE WRONG"
See you faggots in Gen 9 when something tied to either a Sheep, Snake Horse or Ox is the fire starter and people still stay in denial.

Attached: 1476712302015.png (418x394, 298K)

Reminder that this is what genwunners want

Attached: litten_fake_evos_by_patchman-da2rs9k.jpg (1024x683, 85K)

>monkey
>doesn't fit into britbong region

Attached: 6567490.png (431x415, 182K)

Would it evolve into Battlbear?

name a gen with good Pokemon

What does this specifically have to do with Cyndaquil? It isn't even the same Japanese description for the pokemon. Fuck off dumb ass.

You mean quadropedal right?

Jesus why don't they try something other than water-grass-fire starters for once

the monkey is cute

Where were you when you realized Gen 4 has the best starters?

Attached: 45667008781113.png (1360x720, 1.27M)

Not gonna lie that looks pretty cool

That's a modern gen second form design, gen1 didn't have the awkward teenager middle form

It's really hard to design a monster that I don't want to fuck, but somehow Gamefreak keeps doing it.

Attached: 1548616342273.png (306x404, 170K)

Attached: D0a_BPGWoAAaF4E.jpg (2048x1024, 378K)

Typhlosion

>genwunners want over-design
No we don't

Why is everyone saying it's based on the UK when the only similarities are of England. It's not technically wrong but people often think England is the UK instead and I'm very autistic about this

You confuse specific orders and families and just lump all animals into said families when they aren't the fucking same and you clearly don't understand how the Chinese zodiac works since you're trying to argue that since they're "similar" it also counts which doesn't make any sense becuase the zodiac specifically talks about very specific animals and not orders or families. Chinese don't celebrate year of the Fox or year of the Canine or year of the Wolf, it's year of the Dog. Nothing but the dog. You can keep baiting all day but it does you no good. 50% of that shit is wrong, don't get mad at people for pointing it out.

strawpoll.me/17513653

Attached: 37044372_2220525351297789_9074377323549032448_n.jpg (700x875, 162K)

not underage that’s for sure you dumb zoomer

fuck that looks bad

Fire Normal

Clearly it would be Tyradursa

i have hope in scorbunny's evo

None. Pokemon is a shit franchise. The first one is almost devoid of these nu-flaws but its design instead look painfully generic and boring. But at least not playdough-like like gen 2, 3 and 6. Not that i like it more than the others though, 4 is my favorite. People attack gen 5 for the genies but gen 3 did it first and WORSE with the pikaclones AND two legendaries.

Fuck off

>YEAR OF THE PORCUPINE BRO
>YEAR OF THE LION
Fuck off.

Because if it ain't broke don't fix it, perhaps if it flops you can expect drastic gameplay and graphic changes next time but I wouldn't hold my breath.

No, into Clotheslion

Played since Gen 1.

>final form
yes
>bipedal in 90% of media
no

>conveniently stops listing before he hits the 3 fire fighting in a row

Because it's fucking retarded and makes no sense, like you.

are those bandaids real or its skin like machoke?

sure you did kiddo

Except you have no proof it's tired to the Chinese zodiac
>Oh it's a salamander that's basically the same as a dragon
>Oh a cats the same as a tiger
>Oh a porcupine/hedgehog is the same as a mouse
>Oh a fox is the same as a dog
Nigger actually read the story behind the Chinese Zodiac. They specifically talk about a dog, dragon, mouse, and tiger. Not something that's in-between not something that's kind of like a dog or a salamander that turns into one they are fucking dead specific. Stop acting smug when your theory is shit and your blasted about it, kys.

Attached: tyrone_laughs_eternally.png (618x911, 524K)

No

Attached: E94C36B8-3277-49ED-8974-560F40536F45.jpg (1761x2495, 301K)

I fucking knew this shit is gonna make it.
Nintendo is based again

Attached: 13524404_10154926240499908_2964549604608976264_n.jpg (480x451, 50K)

genwunners are retarded
they think actual design went into

bird->big bird->bigger bird
lizard with a belt and briefs
upside down pokeball
rock with arms
literal pile of shit with eyeballs

compared to the new mons

"another" said in that way means that we got one recently. We didn't.

And why aren't you complaining about the 3 pure grass and 3 pure water starters? They're just as bad, only Blastoise has an excuse because it was in the first gen.

Well say what you mean next time nigger. I thought you were specifically asking for a pure fire type bipedal starter.

But Gen 4 has the absolute worst starters and only Piplup is "best" because he's the least shit.

Fighting-Psychic-Dark works too

I'm just gonna wait until their final forms are revealed

I bet nobody's gonna pick the grass monkey.

anti-genwunners are retarded
they think actual good design is

too many lines -> add more lines -> add more lines and colors

Gen 4 sucks cock and has all shit pokemon

I can literally only name 1 pokemon from gen 4 I like and it's pic related

Attached: 250px-455Carnivine.png (250x250, 53K)

Gen 4 had garbage starters. What kind of drugs are you taking?

All designs looked really good. Empoleon looks awesome, and Torterra is the fixed Venusaur.

A lot of people seem to like it actually

hey guys

Attached: grookey.png (1200x1200, 459K)

>implying gen 4's starters are bad
>implying gen 5, 6, and 7 had better starters

>Look dad I replied to everyone and offered no counter argument
How many chromosomes you got bud

I kinda wanna fuck that bunny. And no I don't mean off model shit or an anime girl cosplaying as it.

How do you have favorite designs if you don't like any of them?

Literal pile of shit with eyeballs was more detailed than sad newt with surprised mouth and sonic the easter bunny.

I think they’re all pretty good looking thus far. And already better than the last couple of gens. But gamefreak is really good at fucking up final evolutions so I’m holding my breathe.

>cyndaquil
>hinezumi Pokemon
Idk user.
Idk.
Also kill yourself

So you mean...what we got in gen 6?

1&2 are my favourite. Mudkip is okay

Attached: 1456864910257s.jpg (125x111, 3K)

Well we already know what types the fucking fire one will be

>I'am not artist
>but I know about art and design
sure thing /ic/kek

Hating a thing doesn't mean that what i hate can't have a thing i hate less or like.

Fairy?

>problem
>list of gameplay features

Why do people keep using gen 3 art of the gen 1 starters?

That’s what I figured since pretty much all of them are bipedal except maybe typhlosion if you ignore the fact it’s primarily seen standing.

Probably gonna pick the water starter in sword / shield

Attached: 1551285616753.jpg (1280x720, 349K)

Its crazy to see how far we've fallen.

????????

Attached: 1529347302237.png (414x80, 6K)

Did you take that picture in an earthquake?

>appeal to authority fallacy
>implying someone can be an expert on what their eyes see compared to other people

Not exactly, I thought the starters would be water/fighting, fire/psychic, and grass/dark so something like that so the weaknesses go in reverse as well.

you fucking niggers better pick me

Attached: scorbunny.png (1200x1200, 287K)

But I dunno why you keep up with something you hate, unless that's just a regular Yea Forums thing

Too much text fag

Fire Type Starter Pokemon Chinese Zodiac Check List:

Dragon:Charmander
Mouse:Cyndaquil
Rooster:Torchic
Monkey:Chimchar
Pig:Tepig
Dog:Fennekin
Tiger:Litten
Rabbit:Scorbunny

Remaining Fire type Animals:
Ram
Snake
Ox
Horse

CARTOON EYES

CARTOON EYES

FUCK THESE LAZY CARTOON EYES

this

Order doesn't really matter. And that trio is unbalanced because Dark is immune.

Just a coincidence retard

Attached: mypokyman.jpg (1280x720, 349K)

1st gen "Pocket Monsters" have some conceivable inspirations. e.g. you can notice that Squirtle is still a cute turtle.
>Squirting + Turtle
>Bulb + Dinosaur
>Char + Salamander
>Char + Lizard

On the other hand, this new gen seems like randomly generated stuff.

Attached: 1550512880304.jpg (1237x650, 361K)

>Cyndaquil is based off of shrews and porcupines or hedgehogs
It's literally called the Fire Mouse Pokemon.

Fire and soccer?

Attached: Sportsbong.jpg (599x413, 41K)

You do realize you're attacking a gen 1 starter right

Except Bulbasaur is a frog you fucking retard. Can't even back up your own point. And you must be blind to not notice the bunny is a fucking bunny.

y'all niqqas better pick me or I'm going to sobble

Attached: sobble.png (250x250, 35K)

the last 3 characters are literally the same person

they're also much more gay

>The cat is a housecat, not a tiger.
Literally develops tiger stripes as it evolves. Its 2nd stage is literally called Torracat. Look up what "Tora" is in Japanese.

>Dinosaur
And I thought Americans played LGPE

>Salamander
Japan clearly equates Slamanders with Dragons. Pretty much every time there's a "Salamander" in anime, it's literally a fucking dragon. And Charizard is clearly meant to be a dragon visually, even if it's not dragon type.
>Cats
Nigga it's clearly a tiger cub from the start and the final evolution is clearly a tiger. Incineroar is fucking based on TIGER Mask.
>Porcupine/hedgehog
Cyndaquil is literally the Fire MOUSE pokemon. That's close enough to a Rat.
>Fox
It's specifically a Fennec Fox which is a type that is literally kept as a pet like a dog in places. I'll admit it's the weakest link, but there's still a clear connection as their both canines.

The point is that faggots that are in denial like you are playing semantics HARD and refusing to acknowledge the forest for the trees.
Some of the links are weaker than others, but it's still a fucking massive chain at this point that clearly can hold weight.

Attached: 1400120352974.jpg (600x429, 287K)

Why can’t they make it like an actual damn rabbit. These things have no depth to their faces or snouts. It doesn’t even have the proper stance of the animal it’s based on. As much as I hate it even tepig is at least a proper pig.

Attached: 0602A852-0DEE-4178-BF28-C5C8D0E0757D.jpg (660x487, 130K)

little water dude for the win

Attached: grea.jpg (101x125, 3K)

reminds me of final fantasy 15

>Frog
IT's based off of toads you fucking retard

Attached: 220px-Common_toad_(Bufo_bufo)_Kampinos.jpg (220x147, 21K)

>appeal to authority fallacy
Except this fallacy is double edged sword because in this case artist is someone who actually can do art, have knowledge of art and experience in art for decades. And (You) have nothing of this.
>I don't like this design. I think...
Good post
>This design is bad. Real good design looks like...
Bad post

Attached: 1321543756978098.png (2010x1340, 111K)

This. If you take away the bunny ears, there's literally nothing left to identify it as a "bunny".

FENNEKIN IS A FUCKING CHIHUAHUA, NOT A GOD DAMN FOX YOU FUCKING RETARDS. THE FUCKING MONGREL IS QUITE CLEARLY A DOG!!!!!

No u

You idiots aren't even trying anymore, are you?

Attached: 1527157496779.png (414x360, 62K)

they already have a rabbit pokemon

Multiple actually

Attached: 1200px-659Bunnelby.png (1200x1200, 507K)

>Good post
>Bad post
Bad post

waiting 8 gen version of this

Look up 虎's Japanese meaning, then look up the Japanese pronunciation.

Fuck you, Tepig is cute.

Attached: Tepig_in_Lab.png (640x360, 739K)

Wrong post

>Sobble
Don't ask me which animal its based on but it's cute as hell.

Attached: 1496961259165.jpg (622x536, 253K)

show me your dick, toon link

>japan
>chinese zodiac
Stopped right there. Stop talking already.
>Japan clearly equates Slamanders with Dragons
Absolute retard confirmed.

Attached: 1541161003823.png (241x263, 11K)

the animal is a round head with a small body

DEEP LORE

Attached: D0a0xB-U8AABXkz.jpg (716x1281, 132K)

Tepig is a rapist

Touché.
>"Its Japanese name, Fushigidane, is a combination of the Japanese words for mystery or miracle (fushigi) and seed (tane). In translating the game for English speaking audiences, Nintendo gave the Pokémon "cleverly descriptive names" related to their appearance or features as a means to make the characters more relatable to American children; thus Bulbasaur, relating to both its dinosaur appearance and the large garlic-shaped bulb on its back."

Attached: kWEmxAa.jpg (368x575, 19K)

>it's close enough so it works for my dumb fuck theory
Wew lad.

Attached: 1535998875650.png (340x314, 249K)

it all makes sense now

I wanna cuddle Wally so much guys

>90% male

Tepig is teh pig, geddit? LOL!

Rapes with cute.

Attached: Tepig.full.1505471.jpg (600x600, 103K)

Dont kill my mommy

It's based off tepid.

Attached: cbc6f6990520a87248994dc147a97635.jpg (236x287, 10K)

Attached: Yoshinari.jpg (540x405, 135K)

EUGH

WHY
ISN'T IT
THE SAME?!!
GIVE ME SAME
SAME OLD SAME OLD
WHY
DIFFERENT???!

>The green one
an algamation of ugly colors, orange and brown clash so fucking hard, shit taste club
>Red
Looks okay but vaguely familiar
>Blue
An good design, very cute
>Wtf why does my literal baby game have cute characters in it?!
Buzz off

>Except this fallacy is double edged sword because in this case artist is someone who actually can do art, have knowledge of art and experience in art for decades. And (You) have nothing of this.
Nope. You're just using the same fallacy with more words.

Looks more like a bunny than scorbunny.

>Close enough to a rat
>Close enough
>It's close enough man cmon
>Litten is the FIRE CAT POKEMON
>You outright admit fenikin is a fennec fox and your only defense is "some people" keep them like pets without posting any proof
>Still not a fucking dog
You say everyone else is arguing semantics when you have to fucking do it just for your theory to make a monochrome of sense you blithering retard. Just because some like Chimchar or torchic do have a Chinese new year doesn't mean every starter will you fucking mongo this is some game theory tier shit.

It's a fox though

I'm fully aware of what the word is. It isn't the Japanese name for the thing, it's the English name for it and the English description for the English name of the pokemon specifically calls it a cat, as in a housecat, and not a tiger. The Jap name for the pokemon even specifically says "nya" as in the sterotypical sound that japan uses for a cat meowing. God fucking damn, you are a fucking retard.

>implying they won't finally change the ratio to 50/50 this gen
they already did it in Let's Go, and they went as far as to give eevee a gender difference and make it so you can see it from the very first cutscene when you start the game, so it's probably safe to assume that they're finally got over the "make starters mostly male to make them harder to breed" shit

Either the rabbit or the water starter for sure.

They tend to make everything super round. In the pic in you can clearly see how corners are made more round. It makes it look cuter but not all Pokémon benefit from it. The tougher looking ones are the ones that get hit the hardest by this.

Attached: dewott_by_studiosammich-dbvtmxx.png (656x859, 18K)

>ENGLISH NAMES DON'T COUNT REEEEE
Full retard. Next you're gonna tell me his big bipedal pro-wrestler design with a tiger's face isn't based on the popular wrestler and manga character Tiger Mask.

Different isn't bad. Bad is bad. This is bad and different.

I wonder if the firebunny's evo is gonna be...

...Hot.

>vaguely familiar
It has Chespin's face. It's the exact same teeth.

Here let me help you since I'm not a gen 1fag. This is the worst gen of starters.

this is obectively wrong. look at a chihuahua and tell me it doesn't look like fennekin.

>all these different answers
That’s how you know it’s a shit design

It IS the same

>Everything is close enough man cmon
>Trying to apply Chinese traditions to a Japanese company
>Fennec foxes are kept as dogs therefore it's the same thing
>It's a fire cat Pokemon but it looks like a tiger so it counts
Based retard.

>DUDE THE ORIGINAL JAPANESE IS THIS!!!
>TORRA IS ONLY IN ENGLISH (Torra, too. Not tora)
>YET THE ENGLISH ALSO SAYS ITS JUST A CAT BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER LMAO
You really are fucking dumb, aren't you?

user.
I’m gonna let you in on some info before I call you retarded.
Cyndaquil is Hiniarashi
Google ‘bulbapedia Pokémon category’
Find cyndaquil

>What went wrong?
They can't even be bothered to be innovative anymore or push boundaries. Just straight up lazy.
Grookey = shit take on Chimchar
Scorbunny = shit take on Chespin
Sobble = shit take on Mudkip
Even the main characters manage to be the worse in all the series in terms of appearance.
I know it's based on Britain and it's currently a shitty place but don't make it so realistic that the game is equally full of ass.
They couldn't take a gander at being based and going you know what fuck it lets get evil in this bitch for once
Fire - a pupper that ends up as Cerberus = 3 headed hellhound
Water - a seahorse that turns into a Kelpie = retarded ass water horse for the river styx
Grass a shitty chicken or crappy snake that ends up as basilik/medusa
No let gets these sad fucks and just get a region that might not suck ass.
Fuck this game, it better have lions at least since there obviously is no signs of dragons.

Attached: gen starters.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Here in Spain we call him "Blasco". What a qt.

Attached: 15338493_254023705016669_3501368381783670784_n.jpg (451x451, 55K)

You might be an actual retard if you're still arguing with this about me, especially since I already did what you're trying to tell me to do ages ago. Fuck off retard nigger.

I like how you completely ignored the Tiger Mask part because you know it BTFOs whatever bullshit Kool-Aid you're drinking.

Attached: 1551202880231.png (284x192, 68K)

>Nope
Artist is expert if his field.

thank god we hit the bump limit

Bitch

None of those were intended features

When 255/511 below HP recovery moves fail.
I’ve been wondering for 20 years how my friend’s Mewtwo failed Recovery 2x in a row allowing me to beat him.