How can you still be excited about a franchise for literal fucking toddlers that releases every year with barely any...

How can you still be excited about a franchise for literal fucking toddlers that releases every year with barely any sort of innovation, despite the gameplay being already extremely barebones and barely above your shitty average mobage?

Attached: Shrieke.jpg (317x233, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BdA22Lh6Rwk
youtube.com/watch?v=M5CFKKrSt24
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Game_mechanics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's fun faggot
That's what games are for FUN

let the Nobel prize niggers care about how innovative whatever is

I don't get it either. The games are so fucking boring its literally a franchise for casuals and roastie.

Why play this shit over SMT?
>SMT have cooler demons
>SMT have a better story
>SMT can be challenging
>SMT setting is better

The worst part is that the game looks like an upscaled 3DS game with extra details. youtube.com/watch?v=BdA22Lh6Rwk youtube.com/watch?v=M5CFKKrSt24

What are you even shitposting about? Kingdom Hearts?

The last full new SMT that wasn't a rerelease came out 6 years ago.

Basedpilled holy shit

Attached: 925F8845-7DBF-4A1B-A0EC-5C1BEAFE2C96.png (715x715, 533K)

Pokemon is just so boring. I tried getting back to it with Y and X and I was so fucking bored. What the damn appeal?

It's fun.

Same reason why I watch cartoons made for little girls.

Attached: ichigo eat.gif (110x219, 55K)

Because you're manchildren incel pedo?

>Because you're manchildren
Yes.

>incel pedo
No.

Attached: 1542237449460.gif (582x540, 1.53M)

The target audience has no standards.

They make these games for kids and women.
The appeal is lost if you arent within that demographic

>watch little girls shit
>not a pedo virgin

It's fun, and triggering fags like you is the icing on the cake.

Fuck I thought you were talking about Berserk for a second there and I was about to be assblasted.
But, this is about Pokemon. And I sorta agree with you, even though I was a diehard fan from R/B/Y until S/M came out and I just couldn't really get into it.

Name another competitive turn-based RPG that's actually alive.

You literally cannot

Some of us don't care for EDgE

>competitive
>pokemon
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Beside the majority like 90% of the people buying this shit give zero fuck about the ''competitive'' aspect of it.

Everything he said applies to Berserk, too.
>for manchildren
>releases once a year
>barely better than shonenshit

Well meme'd, douchenozzle

If you play pokemon competitively you are the fucking joke of planet earth.

You're the pedo, like all the resetera users

Do you mean a virgin in general or a virgin in pedophilia? Cause im neither

I'm not triggered, I simply can't understand how a bunch of adults can get so hyped about the gaming equivalent of diapers.

Autistic cultists.

SMT5 when? Im not a toddler.

> a virgin in pedophilia?
What the fuck does that mean

waifus

Attached: YOU THINK THIS SHIT IS POPULAR BECAUSE OF SMOGON.jpg (1190x552, 80K)

these are the "people" you are addressing

Attached: 1536511203089.jpg (1920x1080, 681K)

Why? For using a feature that I paid for? For actually improving and acquiring mastery instead of exploiting CPUs? Stay T-posed on

Attached: 1475867651817.jpg (640x480, 33K)

>playing the same game over and over is fun

see

I was making the same argument a few weeks ago with my girlfriend. I guess pokemon is just more accessible for normies, being a kids game and all. But over the years pokemon got so stagnant and samey that I cannot bring myself to play it anymore. SMT is challenging and the demons are way cooler even if the combat system is more or less the same.

Some people have legitimately bad taste and are fueled by pure nostalgia. I mean I like tried and true formulas but I agree Pokémon is kiddy shit that never evolved from that especially for the single player portion. But these people don't care just NPCs who will blow each others nostalgia horns over HEY LOOK I REMEMBER THAT ONE! HEY LOOK ITS GARY 10.1 XD ROFL LMAO.

ITS
COMING
HOME

Because it’s the most popular franchise of all time & only franchise that has earned 100 Billion in revenue, whereas no other Gaming series even comes close except Mario with 30-37 Billion

kek, it will never come home

yes exactly

Attached: _747x1328_png_a14a31586dca4ebaaed0c46372315159_large.jpg (534x590, 63K)

Blame manchildren and their inability to grow out of their childhood toys in this mentally stunted generation. You don't see normal people still playing with their Barbie dolls and hot wheel race tracks do you.

Nintendo is literally cashing in on undergrown nostalgiafags.

Hope you never shitposted or criticized another game in your life then, because that would make you a bunch of hypocrites, on top of being poketards.

Nostalgia only exists because the games in question were amazing when they first came out. Notice how nobody gives a single fuck about any Retro Sony developed franchise?

>Hope you never shitposted or criticized another game in your life then, because that would make you a bunch of hypocrites
There is no way you could possibly argue this without using logical fallacies.

>the games in question were amazing when they first came out
Not really. You were just a little, uncritical waste of ejaculate who didn't know any better. And because you have the mentality of a peasant who refuses anything he doesn't know and who easily subscribes to cult like behavior, Nintendo can release the same game each year with little to no change and you will cream your pants each time like you've been conditioned to.

>>>/reddit/

how gay do you need to be to like this?

You're correct on all of those arguments for SMT but then again SMT (like Pokemon) has such a boring and dull combat and mechanics that it isn't worth it to drag yourself through the godawful gameplay just for a story and setting. Read a fucking philosophy book instead, it also rewards you more.

No. The fact you think pokeshit is "fun" is a dead giveaway that you're a fucking normalfag casual that is destroying vidya. Kill yourself, waste of space.

The games are complete trash from an objective standpoint, if nintendottlers are retarded enough to find them enjoyable fine, but that means that they lose every right to criticize any other game considering that the same argument can be applied against them too.

Real talk if you're excited for the new pokemon you don't deserve to shittalk any videogame ever again.

How gay are you to not like it?

Attached: 1549665426546.gif (480x270, 346K)

>The games are complete trash from an objective standpoint
I'll bite.

Pokemon boasts by far the most complex JRPG system ever. We have more than 800 Pokemon in total (soon to be 900), an affinity system that makes other rock-paper-scissors RPGs piss themselves with almost 300 total typings, more than 700 various moves with many more varied effects that lead to a lot of possible strategies like Trick Room or weather teams, and all of that is operating as a complex system that you need to learn with so many mechanics interacting with each other (priorities, speed, STAB, natures, IV/EV, held items, abilities). There are hundreds of thousands of possible options to build a team with and each battle is uniquely different.

Attached: 1530580942210.png (466x285, 95K)

So to put it simply, you're just a no-fun-allowed faggot who thinks his word is fact, one of the biggest forms of cancer on this board.

Not him but this doesn't sound like my idea of "fun."

It satisfies the autistic urges and nostalgia rush that literal man children crave for.
Thats the answer and you should know that by now.

Because Pikachu xddd

>The games are too simple, they're made for toddlers
>The games are too complex for me, they're autistic
Which one is it faggot.

Literally all video games are made for children.

>The games are too complex for me, they're autistic
This one, I'm not one of the people who ever said the other.

>pokemon
>complex
What a fucking joke of a post. This series is played by women and toddlers. You can literally beat the whole game just spaming your strongest with whatever pokemon.

It doesn't matter when the core gameplay is such dogshit and the game is as easy as possible so even toddlers who mindlessly spam A can complete it.
>Pokemon boasts by far the most complex JRPG system ever
hahahahahahah

Why should I even come to Yea Forums if it's full of the same normalfags creaming over the most entry level RPG of all times? I can find those on reddit or even kikebook

Both are true. There are two ways to play Pokemon, easy mode playing through the story however you want or full autism competitive bullshit.

You can mindlessly spam A to beat fighting games single player too, that has no bearing on their actual depth and competitive gameplay.

If it's easy then battle a top player and see how long you last.

>you have to handicap yourself to make the game fun!
Sound like Kingdom hearts tier retardation. Maybe the devs should balance their games better.

>competitive pokemon
>everyone is just using the same meta because its the best one by far
whoa...epic....

he is onions, wtf he looked better without the jawstrip, wtf, he was such a chad before then when he had hair on his melon

Because the vast majority of people just eat whatever shit it's pubblicized the most.
This is also why big companies invest more and more money to get pubblicity over polishing a game or improving it on any level.
Basically all my friends have played Detroit Become Human and said that's the best game they've ever played.

Attached: 1534393089072.jpg (850x914, 79K)

Wait, are you telling me that retards buy fucking pokemon for the competitive scene? OHNONONONOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1547934846808.png (580x548, 293K)

No one but autists do that.

Why do you care?

Does that trigger you casualfag?

Pokemon is the deepest JRPG ever mechanically and has a huge competitive scene eith global championships and ladders. Cope eith that while you play your baby single player games

Yeah I really don't get what people see in mario.

>Liking pokemon makes you a normalfag destroying vidya
>Pokemon has been around since 1996
What vidya is it exactly that they are destroying, user? Fucking Quake? Pokemon has probably been around longer than you have, you underage edgelord.

You probably just don't like video games.

Attached: d5c.jpg (625x626, 40K)

they never grew up, it's that easy.

You're spending your time complaining about children's games on Yea Forums, user. You didn't grow up either.

nah, it's just that pokemon is utter shit

The same way people still buy DOOM titles.
It's new.

>gameplay being already extremely barebones and barely above your shitty average mobage?
what mobages do you play? I'd kill for a mobage with a battle system on par with Pokemon's.

I genuinely cant tell if this is bait

>projecting

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Game_mechanics

How is that projecting, user? The other user IS complaining about a children's game on Yea Forums.

Have you ever played any other rpg game besides pokemon?

Not that user, but have you? Most JRPGs are painfully simple.

I know that, but atleast they force you to think when to use your moves like heals or buffs or whatever because the enemies can kill you way faster and easier. (or atleast thats the case with older jrpgs) Pokemon can have as many combinations and mechanics as possible but none of that shit matters when it always comes down to picking the pokemon that has type advantage and doing your best move until the other guy dies. Sure in smogon its different but thats only because everyone has the best mons possible and the exact same levels, something that never happens during the actual singleplayer game

>Sure in smogon its different but thats only because everyone has the best mons possible and the exact same levels, something that never happens during the actual singleplayer game
Okay, but Pokemon was designed to be a social experience. You aren't just supposed to fight the NPCs. The mechanics are there because you are expected to go outside, trade with friends, and battle. Its always been that way.

>you are expected to go outside, trade with friends,
The concept of "outside" and "friends" is completely alien to these neckbeards.

Yawn.

1. It's targeted towards anyone, just like any Nintendo game.

2. Pokemon is better than ANY Western game.

3. They are the best mons.

4. Fun/Comfy

Funny you think that's handicapping yourself, when it's just another case of git gud scrubby.

Nice projection, kek.

Imagine being upset that other people are playing a game you dislike. Wow.

>Pokemon is better than ANY Western game.
See? This is how you understand that nintentoddlers don't play anything else and they have 0 fucking clue about videogames.
Here, an actually good RPG.

Attached: Divinity.jpg (1920x1080, 604K)

Nope. Trash. Try playing good games like JRPGs.