Literally all Game Freak has to do is take BOTW & add Pokemon

> Literally all Game Freak has to do is take BOTW & add Pokemon
> Somehow can’t even do that & hasn’t improved the series in over 20 years
Why is GameFreak so fucking retarded?

Attached: 9052F29D-9253-4BF8-A7FF-A636C97B48EF.jpg (760x428, 79K)

Botw is garbage

I dont think you know anything about game development
Also fuck the open world meme

>be gamefreak
>fans ask for improvements
>make Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee which is clearly an improvement and remodernization of the genre
>autists complain
>have to go back to the traditional game style
>autists still complaining
wew lads

Attached: nepnepsmile.png (316x263, 119K)

BotW, Nintendo and Game Freaking Shit is all behind. Pathetic

Attached: Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Choices-and-Consequences-Guide.jpg (900x506, 53K)

>LGPeePee
>Improvement
Nigga, what?

Attached: DzQF2FLXQAApysL.jpg (682x548, 43K)

>I have no clue how development works, please rape my face

>He thinks Gamefreak is capable of creating new models or making a open world pokemon
Even if they actually do it, they will probably cut a shit ton of content for that

Nice looking movie lmao.

Woah LMAO XD ;)

Attached: 6D1TtYs.jpg (3840x2160, 581K)

Attached: badbait.png (1022x1024, 218K)

What the fuck is Pokefags obsession with BotW? Why do they treat it like the holy grail of video games that everything has to live up to?

I've seen so many JRPG's make a good transition to 3D - FF, DQ, Tales, YS, it's amazing that Pokemon fails to do it. It's literally stuck in the game design of 1995.

Attached: smug_nanachi.png (540x304, 116K)

They will go for the open world meme for the next generation.
They are just doing a classic RPG like it was made 10 years ago.

To be fair botw is the greatest game ever made. I doubt GF will ever make a game of that quality

>botw
>Implying Xeno-Pokemon wouldn't be 1000x better

>tfw no pokemon game with gacha waifus

>Empty open world
Thank god we're getting a traditional Pokemon game instead of this zoomer garbage

For every improvement BOTW added, it also took away something in return. It was a step in the right direction but nothing more.

>Be gamefreak
>Make game

>It sells roughly 20 million copies and sells an additional 10 million switchies

Rich :) Beautiful and dirty, rich.

Hey I got an idea, let's all boycott the game! Because boycotts always work and we would have definitely bought the game before this!
Bring it to Twitter too, #NotMyPokemon, let's hit Nintendo where it hurts, their WALLETS.

pokemon is just dragon quest at this point, its just always gonna be the same shit

FPBP

it's more like
>CEO thinks Switch is gonna fail
>"hey, don't put that much efforts into these games"
>split the development into two teams to double the milking
>put barely any budget into developing animations/graphics/game design

Pokemon was just dragon quest from very first game

And still sells more than any game Nintendo made with care and love
Funny how things work huh?

Hard for switch fags to comprehend but that is actually fameplsy5not a cutscene, its crazy what actual game companies can create that arent lazy nips thst take advantage of man children like you. Thst will be $59.99 plus tip for Super Mario thst looks worse than $5 app store games

It was always shitty plotless Dragon Quest.
Genwunners just apparently never played a different JRPG.

*gameplay

user, are you genuinely pretending every company can just shit out Rockstar assets?
Also RDR2 IS filled to the brim with railroading.

Every single game on xbox or playstation that costs more than £20 looks better than every single game switch has or ever will, the japs are lazy and get by charging £60 for shit like Mario "Deluxe" because man children like you buy it without complaint. Takes as much effort to make goat simulator as it does for Nintendo games

user, you really didn't think about that post even slightly. Mass Effect was full price for Pete's sake.

Mass effect is less than $10 try again

It's a game with a fanbase of complete autists who flip their shit every time GF changes any tiny insignificant detail. What do you think would happen if they changed the core gameplay formula?

>reataderde
>selling milions of copies doing the minimun

Pokémon's not the type of game that emphasizes player action and exploration like Zelda, so your idea is overlooking a lot about what the Pokémon experience is to its players.

Breath of the Wild
>Years in fucking development
>made right on Nintendo's consolidation of all development teams into EPD
>Aonuma had Zelda team develop Wind Waker HD to get a feel for HD Development
>had them make a 2D sprite-based prototype just to experiment with all the element systems like how fire can spread, how wind can affect objects, etc.
>Monolith Soft brought in to help with world design
>Breath of the Wild given gameplay footage and a debut in 2014, expected to come out in 2015
>delayed in 2015 to 2016
>delayed fucking again in 2016, but also predictably also becoming a Switch launch title

Pokemon
>shits out games pretty much annually

If they could afford to take three-four years off and only fill it with a single potboiler project like ORAS/USUM if they really needed to release a title, they probably actually could do something meaningful.

Attached: 1486225802691.jpg (641x427, 70K)

>pretend bad thing is good

lol i troled u all!

They LITERALLY have infinite money. Just make a second team to create the garbage game while the other team works on the good one. Fuck, get monolith to help, they know how to make big worlds fast.

Good
I want consistency
Its because of the obsession of the west with INNUVASION that they cant make 3 games in a series witouth FUCKING IT UP so bad

While this is true, Pokemon is the one franchise that would heavily benefit from an open world, because even if it was lacking in detail and content, finding pokemon would still be fun.

Lets go was the garbage game
Also pokemon is complicated is not owned by only one company there are a lot of forces pulling in different directions

So, uh...
Which Pokemon gens are good? I tried the Moon on 3DS, but the whole intro was so fucking boring, that I could not even finish it.

Attached: 1529258026591.jpg (445x546, 37K)

>worshiping corporations like a good lil brainwashed NPC

Attached: 19.gif (300x332, 2.27M)

1 to 5 are good
6 and 7 are shit

4 and 5 are the peak, 3 is good, 1 and 2 are decent, 6 and 7 are garbage

>the entire Gamefreak team making Gold and Silver sucked at programming so much they couldn't fit the game onto a GBC cartridge
>Iwata single handedly compresses the entire game to the point they could fit the previous games region in there now

>XY launching with a bug where saving in a city fucks up your game

>expecting BotW from them

Attached: fuck off spray.jpg (740x960, 44K)

GF was just a fanzine after all, people forget that, they were always third rate devs

Even Dragonquest removed random encounters and added in battle fast forward, and has a meaningful postgame

Open world is a meme and it should've died years ago

SEETHING

Attached: 1493149861295.jpg (700x913, 110K)

Why do you assume everyone is an autist like you over graphics? If a game has to go off it’s looks more than it’s gameplay you got less of a game and more of a visual narrative going.

They're getting the most out of Pokémon they can't just give you that crazy open world experience they gotta give it to you slowly, little by little, Nintendo systems can only get better with improved graphics and performance. You'll get your dream game one day lad.

Pokémon absolutely emphasizes exploration, that half the point. Explore, find rare shit to catch.

More like they totally could but the powers that be are too afraid to not have a Pokemon game come out for a few years so they can't really take a long time to not constantly crap out games that they can basically only make incremental upgrades with.

Pokemon doesn't need to be some hyper-gorgeous mega-realistic ultra-detailed RDR2 thing, but it could plausibly be on the level of Xenoblade 2 or Breath of the Wild, since those games are running on equivalent hardware. Hell, BotW is even considerably more demanding since that's an action game with lots of physics constantly going on, not a turn-based RPG.

they have been droping that aspect since BW where the exploration went to shit. the last game who had that was ORAS and that is because it is a remake of vanilla gen 3

even dragon quest has done a better job of adjusting with the times than pokemon has. dragon quest has had visible encounters for over a decade now. pokemon finally did that in legpiss and immediately removed it from sword/shield because "haha, please understand, we want every game to feel unique!"

BOTW doesnt have 900 creatures to animate, it barely has 20

pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise in the world. rockstar assets are a stretch for a console as weak as the switch, but pokemon games should always come as close to looking that good as possible. there's no excuse for graphics like pic related in 2019 from a $90 billion franchise.

Attached: 1551283840928.jpg (467x262, 31K)

They didnt remove it for sword and shield
Gen 8 has been in development for a longer time than you realize, certainly for longer than lets go, it was originally imagined as a 3DS game

>They didnt remove it for sword and shield
they absolutely removed it for sword and shield. it's already confirmed to have random encounters.
>it was originally imagined as a 3DS game
hardware isn't a factor. chrono trigger had visible encounters on the snes. dqm joker had 3d visible encounters on the ds. there is LITERALLY no excuse why visible encounters haven't been a standard feature of pokemon since at least gen 4. game freak is japan's equivalent to bethesda and you people keep making excuses for them.

Attached: 1551277320763.jpg (2560x1440, 642K)

What I meant to say is that visible encounters were never ever even considered for gen 8, it was not removed from the games because it never had them

You're right but at the same time this is an issue they knew they were going to have to confront either by going wholehog with a massive project dedicated to making Switch-level resources for the thousands of pokemon for them to use in games for the Switch's lifespan, or just paring down the roster to
>new region's pokemon
>obligatory popular Gen 1 stuff like Pikachu, Eevee and associated evolutions, Meowth, Charizard and Mewtwo
And then:
>releasing updates later down the line to add other pokemon generations incrementally for access in special catch regions, or for if the pattern holds a Diamond/Pearl remake and adding Gen 4 Pokemon in that

I really hate how anti sprite Nintendo is. When not making their big new mario or zelda titles, their 'attempts' at 3D look like gross budget titles. This zelda remake and new pokemon are just UGLY.

Thank god there are people out there who can still make things look fucking beautiful.

Attached: hollow-knight-silksong-reveal.jpg (1268x713, 85K)

>Botw is garbage

lmao still seething two years later.

Nintendo simply cannot stop WINNING.

Attached: 1550736453676.gif (375x375, 179K)

Also Im not making excuses, just telling what it is
I love DQM and I love pokemon, and digimon for that matter, Im ok with pokemon retaining random encounters for variety sake in my monster games, I grew up with 8bit jrpgs, random encounters are nothing.

>unironically wanting visible encounters in fucking pokemon
Yea Forums has shit taste as usual.

XD POKEMOM XD ZELDA
SO CUTE NYAAAAAA
BAZINGA

and again, visible encounters should have been a permanent feature since at least gen 4. there's no excuse to still have random encounters in 2019.
i'm playing a low-budget compile heart jrpg right now that has visible encounters and a controllable camera, two things that a $90 billion franchise's latest games won't have. it's absolutely pathetic how game freak gets a free pass for never evolving with the times when other studios without even a fraction of the resources have done so.

Yes, that last win at EVO was epic.

>should
Well thats your opinon, I dont think visible encounters are automatically better.
I dont care enough one way or another
Id say not having a free camera is more important

What do visible encounters even add? If you want to avoid them use a repel. I'd rather do that than zig zag through the grass like an imbecile

And this new Pokemon games will sell in a month what BOTW will on its lifetime.

I mean is all about ROI, but we will truly never know what an ambitious pokemon game in terms of sales would do simply because they don't even wanna try.

Nintendo don't make Pokemon.

i grew up with retro jrpgs as well, but i can put nostalgia aside and admit that the genre has improved in some ways since then. visible encounters are such an obvious step up from random encounters, it's not even funny.
random encounters are a relic from the days of 8-bit consoles that were legitimately not powerful enough to handle visible encounters. jrpgs moved away from them asap because they're annoying as fuck and kept a lot of people from giving the genre a chance.

nostalgia has nothing to do with it

They already have visible encounters, they're called trainers. If you don't want random encounters then use a fucking repel
The real issue is that unless you really want a specific pokemon there's no reason to fight random encounters. That's what needs to change, not cluttering the overworld with shit

>Nintendo don't make Pokemon.

They pull all the strings.

>visible encounters are such an obvious step up from random encounters, it's not even funny.
Opinion, both systems have good and bad things

>What do visible encounters even add?
they add visual interest to the game's environments (which is especially important for pokemon, a game built around ecosystems full of creatures), while also making it FAR less tedious to explore the world.
>If you want to avoid them use a repel.
fuck off, spamming an item is not an acceptable substitute for a feature that most modern jrpgs have.

yes lets make another game open world!

>If you don't want random encounters then use a fucking repel
this is like when bethesda drones say "just download some mods" to defend their games' bad decisions and jank.
it shouldn't be the player's responsbility to make up for the studio's refusal to get with the times.

you know the way pokemon games are designed they cannot make pokemon in the wild do interesting stuff like in DQMJ, theyd have to make the games free camera first otherwise youd miss what the models are even doing
And GF is not going to change the pokemon formula

They're not retarded. They just know that they can do the minimum amount of work and people will buy it anyway. Nobody at gamefreak has any passion for the series any more.

Attached: bean.png (601x165, 89K)

Random encounters are a legit game design decision that is not bad by itself and you are being really stupid

I'm beginning to think that Heart Gold and Soul Silver are the only good pokemon games since they're the only ones I can ever return too. Black and white would be alright if it wasn't for those now useless c gear features

they're a lazy decision from a lazy studio that is still stuck in 1996.

You're the one making a conscious decision to not use the tools the game gives you. Repels stop random encounters if your levels are high enough so you don't have to slaughter armies of zubats, it's an intentional mechanic you are choosing to not use. So it's your fucking problem, not the devs
And you STILL haven't actually solved the key issue with random encounters, which is that they're superfluous and don't add anything to the game. You've just made it possible to avoid them if you're a cheap bastard

Visible encounters ruined Dragon Quest, the games are extremely easy now and you can just run past all the enemies even in the final dungeon
That shit aint right

when did i say i was choosing not to use them? the fact that repels even exist in the first place is an admission that random encounters are a tedious mechanic that players will sometimes want to avoid. but instead of mitigating this problem by switching to visible encounters, game freak just uses repels as an excuse to justify their laziness and refusal to change with the times.

>you can run that means nobody likes walking

No

Fpbp

I think you people never liked jrpgs and you should fuck off back to skyrim

>BotW+pokemon
>Degrading pokeballs
Fuck no

So your proposed solution
>makes random encounters harder and more tedious to avoid than just using a repel
>makes it harder to find the pokemon you want because you have to run around like an idiot waiting for the shit you don't want to despawn instead of just running around in the grass some more
>Does nothing to actually make random encounters interesting
Oh but it might make the world more lively. And by that I mean you have a bunch of scaled down models cluttering the world up with ugly ass effects surrounding them and detracting from the overall visuals.

that's because you are a deluded nostalgia cuck

>fameplsy5not

>Having to make 900 fucking animated 3D models

There's only so many interns.

if they did they would have fired all of gamefreak staff already and wouldn't need to fucking bow down to TPCi to add amiibo support outside of smash

the models were already done since XY, they just need to make the 20 or so new one per gen now.

>Pokémon needs an empty overworld and unrewarding exploration

Fuck off with your meme shit

Too much effort when they can just make Pokemon Shit version and Piss version and print a billion dollars that way

People expecting a Pokemon game in the same scope as Breath of the Wild are expecting WAYYYYYYYYYY too much out of Gamefreak.

>makes random encounters harder and more tedious to avoid than just using a repel
just run past them. wow, so tedious!
>makes it harder to find the pokemon you want
it actually makes it easier to find the pokemon you want by showing you what's there.

>just run past them. wow, so tedious!
Less tedious than using a repel like a normal person? And what happens when they start clogging up narrow passageways? That sounds pretty fucking tedious to me
>it actually makes it easier to find the pokemon you want by showing you what's there.
Okay so you just sit on your ass and wait. And when there's nothing on the screen you want you wait some more. How long are pokemon going to persist before they're replaced? You're still running around like an idiot either way
And you still haven't made random encounters more interesting, as I've said for the millionth time. You've just made them more tedious to avoid

The random encounter mechanic change was fine. Cant say much about the rest of the game though.

>Less tedious than using a repel like a normal person?
yes, less tedious than scrolling through a menu for an item that effectively does the same thing.

>Set repel to top slot(about ten seconds, then you never have to do it again)
>Use repel once at start of dungeon(takes about two seconds)
>Press A again to refresh when it prompts you (takes less than a second)
Extremely tedious. Being chased around by a zubat until it loses interest sounds far better.

Attached: 1549537876090.png (327x322, 101K)

>consolefags bragging about graphical fidelity

Pathetic.