youtube.com/watch?v=fnyg5ti6158
youtube.com/watch?v=D30M_vLMvWk
youtube.com/watch?v=DUvT81BbOXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Peak Skinner's box design.
>0.001% drop rate LMAO

Thats not Lineage 2 Interlude

>tfw no more MMOs that aren't linear treadmills
>no more MMOs with different classes that don't need to fit some sort of trinity
>no more MMOs with interesting itemization and reasons to go farm different mobs

it hurts

>0.001% drop rate LMAO
Wrong, also talk like a human being you retarded zoomer.
Lineage 2 is good but can't compare.
I blame wow for that

Attached: 0551150.jpg (850x478, 151K)

The only thing it did right was player-based economy.
Everything else was just typical badly designed gook mmo's schlock.

>Everything else was just typical badly designed gook mmo's schlock.
But you are wrong, it seems you didn't played Ragnarok, name 5 games similars to ragnarok then.

Attached: 564748.jpg (696x800, 138K)

>Card drops and a poring eats it

Attached: RO Priest.jpg (1000x768, 53K)

Good old times.

Attached: 43265454.jpg (960x540, 167K)

Interlude, the kamel updatE? fuck off
c2-c5 were the peak of the game

>Lineage 2 is good but can't compare.
Retard.

I never played this, was it better than wow?

A new challenger appears!

Attached: 1549163627523.jpg (723x1023, 132K)

But it can't, only gooks remember lineage 2.
It was, WoW is a shitty marketing game that only souless people played it.
look at this rotten corpse and laugh.

Attached: 65654654.jpg (600x600, 111K)

Never played it but fuck I love this track
youtube.com/watch?v=xJXMIWFAWL0

i liked EVE

Attached: 1550739801943.gif (475x277, 1.84M)

Kim Hakkyu is a hack. He and Gravity struck gold with RO by pure luck and there will never be a game like it again.

The peak of games as a whole. There will never be a better one.

Wh-what...? I just posted this.. How did you know?

>

No, this is.

Attached: aion.jpg (584x284, 34K)

do these massage thingies even work?
everytime i cut my hairs the girl asks if i want a massage and i did it once and it was pretty amazing.. is that pillow thing a replacement for that?

Nah.

That would have to be pic related. Still the best MMORPG of all time.

Attached: PSO2.jpg (1280x800, 259K)

Trickster Online
Secret Of Solstice
Dream of Mirror Online
Tree Of Savior
Diablo

Attached: 1527349620838.png (530x536, 265K)

did you get a boner when getting a massage. I did and it was embarrasing so I never went back.

Fuck no.

I want to get lost in Prontera field while listening to this again

youtube.com/watch?v=2DuvYC3zENI

The OST in ragnarok makes you feel like you are in a journey youtube.com/watch?v=fnyg5ti6158
the original is still better
Kim was fired from gravity for his retarded decisions remember all those private servers? welp was kim fault for leaking the source, gravity was literally saved by samsung then they fired kim after that fiasco, he fund IMC after that.
>tree of savior
>trickster
Must suck to have a shit taste.

Attached: ro priest.jpg (850x1314, 251K)

yeah got a boner lol

We're playing on Shining Moon right now if anyone wanna join

I wonder how many people got rekt by a creamy in those maps
>But it's just a butterfly!

>be priest (female)
>sit in the middle of prontera
>chads knights sit next to you to flirt with you
Good times.

Attached: 34242334.jpg (1920x1080, 650K)

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=D30M_vLMvWk

>pupas evolve to butterflies
Amazing

Attached: 4235667869.jpg (1441x1080, 205K)

Kamael was interlude? Interlude was the dino island and then they added Kamael if I remember correctly. Before Kamael anyway. Even the island with the stone thing wasn't that good now that I think about it.
>Only good remember Lineage 2
Nah, I am Italian and there were many Italians guilds back in the day

It's 2019 and Ragnarok Online is truly dead. There are no more populated pre-re servers. RIP the greatest MMO of all time.

>pre servers
Why western people love nostalgia.

Attached: 62620620620620.jpg (546x539, 86K)

>pupa transforms into creamy right as you are hitting it but lag stops you from moving away

Attached: 43752488349.png (244x236, 92K)

There was a time when all you need for a job change is to talk to a NPC.

Hi, Psor. Renewal is, and will always be, shit.

It's not, in fact thanks to renewal gravity revenue increased 30% .

Have a japanese prontera youtube.com/watch?v=DUvT81BbOXU

Attached: 5435345354.jpg (714x1000, 726K)

get the fuck off of this thread, site, and the internet alltogether, that soulless waifu dress up wearing a pso skin will never be good.

>Peak Skinner's box design
That’s what MMOs are though, so it’s true.

>drop mule cards to other character/account and poring eats it

Attached: 9BCB12C8-89D8-48E4-8E17-43732C6EBA5C.jpg (700x550, 88K)

The art style was so popular that it got copied ad nauseam

I wonder if it'll ever be possible to make a long-lasting MMO game that doesn't use insanely low drop rates to artificially extend its playtime.

It has the pre-WoW progression style, so yes.

Any good private servers?

Ephinea but PSO2 is better

user else waiting for another postpone?

Attached: DK-Online-logo640.jpg (640x300, 52K)

I prefer the theme park model.
t. boomer

I remember when I finally got to job 50 on my acolyte. All my guildies were there in the Prontera church to congratulate me on the job change to priest.

Congratulations.

Attached: 4051050.jpg (536x806, 92K)

Modern mmos are just unplayable to me. It's just a hand held walk through the content the developers built for you. It doesn't give you decisions to make, doesn't give you reasons to explore, it just forces you to mash the button through meaningless quests as you walk the established line. it is absolute garbage.
RO wasn't perfect. it could have been improved on, but it wasn't because the genre decided to go down the shit path instead.

OG MMO: A world you play in with others
Nu-MMO: Single player game that is sometimes multiplayer where your companions may as well be NPCs because there is no interaction

Someone post the tsundere ragnarok user who faked being a girl. Now.

wut i want to see this too.

What the fuck? Guilds were only for dickstroking and hunting MVPs as i recall.

Are there even any non-theme park MMOs nowadays?

RO in particular was known for its fluffy culture

Ro culture sounds comfy, what happened?

social media and facebook made online interactions with other human beings less of a novelty

They're becoming increasingly rare.
I wish MMOs weren't so goddamn expensive to make so people would take more risks with them.
It doesn't help that they're so socially reliant that people will often forego MMOs they like more just because their friends aren't all playing it.

Zoomers. All of the aggressive shitposting on Yea Forums? Zoomers. They'll always say that it's Yea Forums culture, but it's a lie. Zoomers are the biggest fucking shitposters in the world. That extends to modern day MMO/vidya culture too. Us boomers may have joked around with each other, but we still treated each other like humans because we didn't grow up exclusively on the internet. Zoomers, ironically the ones who have spawned PC culture, are the the most dehumanized lot on the face of the planet. They exist entirely as online personas and clam up in real life. That's why they can't handle IRL bantz and they take everything too personally and are also unrepentant shitposters who are generally just plain unhappy.

It's how the game worked, RO was very basic MMO, there was no glowing arrows poiting you to where the class change NPC was or a world map ingame to know if you were going in the right place, real exp quests weren't a thing in the beggining either, so often players would be lost not knowing where was the best place to level up, that's why helping each other was a must, if you wanted help to find something people would often accept being your guide and help you in any way they could and in the process they could also become a friend of yours, this helped build a good community.

Attached: 0531_02.gif (155x220, 487K)

Agreed.

>real exp quests weren't a thing in the beggining either, so often players would be lost not knowing where was the best place to level up, that's why helping each other was a must
Encouraging social interaction to make progression easier is great, but I still think grinding enemies en masse is an absurdly boring way to level up.
Especially in games where combat is mostly low tension rotation/nuke spamming.
If the combat itself isn't going to be engaging, then the story or something else needs to.

>people only log in for the couple of things they're interested
>servers are deserted most of the time
>people think game is dead
>game actually dies
MMOs NEED to keep people logged in and busy.

>real exp quests weren't a thing in the beggining either
What you mean here is chores. RO was one of the few MMOs that actually had quests.

>If the combat itself isn't going to be engaging, then the story or something else needs to.

I found the combat much better than today's MMOs. Sure it was spammy but you didn't have 15 abilities that all did the same thing but you are forced to rotate them because of cooldowns to give the appearance of depth. Every ability in RO had it's use and it was different than the next.

And the story was actually interesting. It wasn't in your face but what little background you could get from the world from quests, item descriptions and even the zone maps themselves told a story underneath the grind. Like the biolabs experiments, sacrifices in rachel sanctuary or what happened in nameless island. RO's world was pretty dark in contrast to the cutesy sprites.

this
every single quest had its purpose, be it lore, unlocking dungeons, getting powerful items, in fact, one of my favorite questlines was The Sign, the one that had a limit of players before closing and had you traveling the whole fucking world
>tfw you had to travel to Nifelheim by jumping off a fucking tree in Umbala and could easily die in the process

god, MMORPGs truly are fucking dead

I'd much rather see a refresh of RO's grinding in an MMO, but currency based instead of RNG. Instead of .01% droprate you get a hunting log (like XIV?) but if you kill like 1000-5000+ of an enemy then you get its card. Obviously less for rare spawn bosses and the like. That way theres a grind, but always a sense of progress.

Your idea sounds like shit, sorry

That sounds good. I much prefer that kind of dripfeed system rather than relying on inducing a gambling addiction in players through cruel RNG.

Really, the reason why consumers became so easily accepting of lootboxes is because RPGs and MMOs have for decades made gamers addicted to the gambling thrill of getting rare loot that only drops 0.1% or less of the time.

The duality of man

Fuck you guy. I don't want to be farming a monster for weeks on end for a card and then Jimmy shows up and gets his on the 2nd enemy he kills. It might be fun and exciting for him for a moment to have that luck, but it kills the drive for people who have been working towards it.

>like XIV
every time

Well im not sure what other modern game has a hunting log to check off enemy kill counts, im sure they exist. Not sure why citing the 2nd biggest mmo is an issue.

Go back to your tranny infested general

it never killed it for me, and i'm pretty sure there's thousands of players that never gave up and got their stuff, i think you're just a casual faggot

Yeah but thats because people liked the game more than they liked the drop system. But its [current year] user. People don't have the time for that!

I still remember jewing my moonlight flower and doppelganger card with my blacksmith before

shit was true cash

>Gooks
>Italians
What's the difference?

Only reason I would be against this is knowing you will get a card within a certain number of kills it puts a cap to end game and would completely fuck with the prices. It would take no effort in a game like RO to get a group together to just aoe 1k/10k/100k mobs and everyone gets their card and moves on. Maps become empty, merchants become redundant, people get bored faster. Leave it at 0.01% drop rate, luck is the fairest system.

This, casual fags need to fuck off of mmos

based

Then put in a button to let you reset the counter and farm more of said card. Why would you not want to farm to sell or trade them? Plenty of people would still buy cards instead of farm an obscene number.

>Why would you not want to farm to sell or trade them?
I mean sure sell it for no money if you want to since everyone knows they are guaranteed to get it at a certain point anyway. Scarcity is what creates value. You are guaranteeing everyone to get the drop they want at a controlled time.

guys, I have a weakish computer at work, and it can run some games. There are weeks where I have very little to do, and I can play games in my leisure time. What mmo should i play? I picked up eden eternal, but I'm not sure i can handle it.

World of Warcraft

This is a shit game and you should feel bad for liking it. Not even rebuild could salvage this dumpster fire.

>MMO
>Leisure time
Wrong genre, friendo

This. ToS was buried as soon as Rebuild hit. There is no pulling out of its freefall at this point.

One guy from my guild kept playing chill out tunes on his guitar while we were grinding and discussing next WoE. He add a knight 30 levels behind us, but it didn't matter. It was on a low rate private server and after some time everyone knew everyone. It was truly magical. I think my Minstrel is the character I spent the most time with in a video game.

Nah, people seem to forget MMOs are fun to casually play too. Especially if you're playing next to someone irl.

STOP AND LOOK AT THIS

Post one or two of your most comfy memories this game gave you RIGHT FUCKING NOW

>Sitting around in an amateur Guild during WoE and never actually getting attacked and shooting the shit with everyone
>Being a start up merchant and finally starting to rack up money, having your guildmates give you stuff to sell off and giving them money when they need it

Attached: 1551098450768m.jpg (1024x530, 67K)

Killing a boss solo with Acid Demonstration with some low levels around. I was a god this day.

Also, farming my mushrooms.

Anyone else play Tibia instead of Runescape as a kid?

Attached: dark.gif (200x200, 50K)

Stacking in the LP

>Almost letting my party die because I got distracted drawing a heart on the ground with pneuma.

>Guild getting ready for a Thanatos run, open portal in pront, novice comes out of nowhere and says hi to us and jumps into the portal, ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing.jpg, we all go in, turns out this novice is literally a new player who's never touched the game before, we make it our mission to keep the novice alive as long as possible.

That guy became one of my best friends for many years since that day. Unfortunately he vanished one day.

Everyone-rolls-dps: the game.

Make card drops easier, but time limited. Like the cards expiring after a month or so after pickup, used or not.

He got isekai'd into RO, probably banging his monster girls harem now.

Has anyone played this?

Attached: ss_d15a984a1f0e4cf682f7245a083317c7caa80b72.jpg (2480x3508, 1.63M)

I did but never premium, botted on rook and was farmed rootworms

>interlude
>not H5

Premium pissed me off more and more with how little they added to the free areas.
I get that's where your money comes from, but goddamn was it getting lopsided.
Playing free is probably a borderline trial version at this point.

I played it was so so the pinnoy guy who made it sure like yuri.

Attached: 2344234234234255454564.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

>Playing with bro
>He's in the other room
>Woe
>We're in opposite guilds fighting
>Some assassin kills me
>Hear a loud "HA" from the other room
>Respawn
>Kill a guy from his guild and do the same "HA"
>HAs going back and forth for hours whenever we killed or got killed