How many weeks until it dies completely?

How many weeks until it dies completely?

Attached: Super Smash Bros. Melee.jpg (1064x1486, 320K)

I never owned a Nintendo or give 2 fucks about super smash but apparently melee was the SS game of 2001
Why the fuck is it still relevant?

Literally never.
It's a grassroots group that actually enjoys playing the game. They'll be playing it at locals until arthritis forces them to stop.
Worst case scenario people start playing the 20XX patch instead once the old crew finally quits, but the game isn't going anywhere until something does exactly what it does, but better.

Would the same amount of people even care about Melee tourneys if it was all comprised of literal whos? I think people care more about the Melee celebs than the actual game these days.

And that is 100% fine with me, as long as Melee stops getting shoved into events I actually want to watch.

It'll stick around a bit, after all you can do ANYTHING (as long as its dashing and attacking)

it won't die but it will be overshadowed by ultimate from now on

Melee being at an event you want to watch should not be affecting you at all. Just don't tune in to the melee stream and watch whatever is on the other one.
Anything big enough to matter will be running multiple games at the same time.

>Pretending to shit on a game and making multiple hate threads in the hopes of trying to maintain its relevancy
I'm on to your tricks.

It already has.

You have genesis already, just fuck off

>watching Ultimate at an even that has Melee
>go look at the "comfy" thread for Ultimate coverage
>WHEN'S MELEE
>TR4.5S LUL
WHY ISN'T MELEE ON THE MAINSTREAM
>FUCKING ULTIKIDS DIE ZOOMERS
yeah, no thanks.

>until something does exactly what it does, but better
RESURGENCE SOON

Attached: 1543932403173.jpg (642x336, 75K)

>hopes

You'll still be saying "its going to die soon!!" In 20 years.

>muh grassroots

i don't care as long as you stop spamming your "hate threads"

Reminder that anti-melee posters are just salty faggots that aren't good enough to play melee so instead they try to claim that it isn't a fighting game.

There's a reason that smash is the only fighting game dominated by whites and Asians instead of gay nigger furries, and thats because it takes actual skill to play.

Just remember that every "stinky" post is just sour grapes from some salty nigger that can't perform a wavedash and doesn't know how to play off stage

Attached: CuSTFv7WIAAm2ev.jpg (987x904, 88K)

because its such an easy to play game. melee players dont want to play hard fighting games because they have to do more than just doing the same game over and over again.

>says this after 5 years of FOX ONLY FD spam

If a game has balance patches, it's not melee. Bugs have to stay in because they're high skill

Every "anti-melee" poster is just you trying to start an argument with yourself, nobody cares op

not an argument

AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL

a common trait of autism is an intense fixation on one thing and the inability/refusal to adapt to or except change

Wow you got me bro

Big Melee tournaments are pointless, it's always the same 8-10 people playing the same 3-4 characters every time. It's like the Third Strike or Marvel 2 scene, I love the game but its professional scene is boring and stagnant as hell because the only people who place are the same fuckers who've been playing nonstop since 2001. If they want to play at EVO that's fine, let them do a side tournament, but putting it on the main stage is just more ego stroking for Hungrybox/Leffen/Mango in a contest literally only they care about.

Is that why you spent the past 6 years seething about people playing melee?

I fucking wish.

Sounds like typical fgc behavior to me.