People call kojima a hack

>people call kojima a hack
>meanwhile he fully symbolized butchering a franchise in the most literal way

how can you all be blind? think about it.

Attached: TPP_1[1].jpg (618x347, 36K)

MGSV is a mess but the idea it "butchers the franchise" is a little much. I know Yea Forums contains as much hyperbole as a teenage girl slumber party but MGSV's reaction is excessive even for here.

>>meanwhile he fully symbolized butchering a franchise in the most literal way
nigger learn to words

The fact he's responsible for at least 5 entries in a single series says to me that he is most certainly a hack.
No one sequelizes their shit to that extent who is not a hack.

>he symbolized the butchering of a franchise in the most literal way

like this?

How's it a mess? It seems pretty straight forward and simple compared to the other games in the series.

>muh 4D chess

Yea Forums, why didn't he just make the game about fighting solid snake at the end and dying? that would have been such a good way to wrap it all up. just show the zanzibar fight.

>just show the thing we've already seen before
What a new and exciting idea.
But don't worry, Konami's probably working on lazy remakes and fanservice heavy bullshit to satisfy your needs.

It's not a mess because it's incoherent, it's a mess because its quality and presentation are so patchy it tends to undermine even the better moments. The game has a lot of cool thematic ideas but it doesn't have the room to really make them work because the it's a prequel in a timeline that doesn't have that much room for it and the story itself is in a game that doesn't care that much about narrative. Despite this, it takes its narrative very seriously.

Venom Snake is interesting enough in MGSV itself (at least occasionally), but he's a clumsy addition to the story this late in the series no matter how you slice it. I'm all for taking games on their own terms and appreciating them for what they are (I'm one of the few that defends MGSV at all here), but MGSV is a rich case of Kojima wanting to have his cake and eat it too. It has a flippant attitude toward continuity while still relying on continuity for any story beats to have weight, and the ones that are entirely self-contained to MGSV (like Quiet, for example) completely fall flat. And then you have shit like Mantis and Eli. Why were they even in the game? Without the Kingdom of the Flies to funnel Eli's attitude problem into a point of climax he serves no purpose at all other than superficial fanservice. At most his character serves as a clue for the game's big twist about Venom's identity.

The game design itself is bloated and repetitive, and even the core sneaking rubs me the wrong way a little. The open environments and various tools at the player's disposal didn't sustain my interest as much as they killed it as the game went on. I still like the game overall a lot (it's the best MG game for me since MGS3, no question) but there's a lot I don't care for.

>LITERAL SYMBOLISM

nice bait. this thread will get sincere replies lol

Attached: images.jpg (112x112, 2K)

the fuck are you talking about? i'm not asking for a mg2 remake i'm asking for shit in the zanzibar fight we didn't actually see or have resolved in dialogue. stuff like the interacts between solid and boss were never in it. it was just the "invade this hold" storyline.

>stuff like the interacts between solid and boss were never in it.
What? Snake and Big Boss have an extensive conversation in MG2.

>the game is trash
>b-but I did it on purpose
fuck off retard

Attached: 2111.jpg (419x420, 38K)

He ended it at 2 and konami crushed his balls until he kept going

Ok, yeah. I can agree with all of this.

Throughout the whole game I felt like I was just waiting for something to happen story wise, Skullface just felt like a speed bump, there were very few proper boss battles, and the lack of dialogue/exposition seemed off (though that last part was probably my fault for not really listening to the tapes.)

I get that the minimal cutscenes, complete absence of the codec, and Snake's limited dialogue were basically a middle finger to everyone who bitched about MGS4 being a "movie," but it left the game feeling a little.. I don't know.. cold.

Didn't have a problem with the medic twist. I think I actually would have liked it if I hadn't had it spoiled for me ahead of time.

I do love playing the game though. It's one of my favorites concerning gameplay.

He didn't butcher anything, MGS has always been hot garbage story wise
>muh anime fighting scenes and monologues
>muh exposition dumps that have nothing to do with the plot

It's interesting hat you say about continuity, since Venom was basically introduced to rectify the continuity issue of having Big Boss killed twice.

>Snakiro: Phantoms Die Twice

Is this, dare i say it, kino?

>since Venom was basically introduced to rectify the continuity issue of having Big Boss killed twice.
That's not "why" Venom exists. It was just a convenient place to kill Venom off while preserving the ending Kojima wanted for MGSV. It was never a continuity issue anyway. MG1 itself ends with Big Boss making an ominous statement about meeting Snake again, and MG2 supplies a somewhat tongue-in-cheek explanation with a reference to Snatcher.

It was always implied Big Boss survived because he's a tough piece of shit, the same way Liquid survives all kinds of crazy shit in MGS1. It was never a "continuity issue."

>It was bad on purpose
Great, so it's still a shit game. A good developer can make a good game that still delivers on those themes. The saddest part is Kojima himself did exactly that much better back with MGS2. MGSV has no reason to exist.

No, Venom was introduced as a player self insert/ ordinary soldier so that Big Boss' betrayal would feel stronger.

Except he didn't. MGS2 was a complete shitshow. Only soibois and literal retards think the flaming garbage that is MGS2's story is anything close to being good.

Please, Kojima totally has someone say to him "How did Snake kill Big Boss twice" and he went "Arr, now thatu yorr mention eet... I-ah dontu know." and made a whole game to clear it up.

Which MG games do you think have the best stories?

??? why would you samefag like that

Attached: Might as well kill yourself now.png (421x114, 4K)

>and made a whole game to clear it up.
No.

None. They're all terrible, terrible stories with 2-3 good moments/game. Honestly fucking embarrasing.

Fair enough. Are there any video games you think have good stories?

if you think snake eater had only 2-3 good moments you're a Luddite.

Read a book for once in your life, retard.

how can you judge MGSV when the game has lied to you from the fucking start. ishamel was not big boss, ishamel and ahab are one guy. even volgin was never really there, and believe or not nether was the giant fucking flaming whale.

snake eater is most west pandering spoon fed story of them all.

2>V>1>3>PW>4

>commanding me to read a book when you can't even defend your own opinion

jesus christ i can't tell if you're trolling or really this pathetic.

typiacal Yea Forums tard. its bizzarre how this board host so much itellectual Yea Forums fags...

Attached: argument.jpg (403x394, 71K)

>jesus christ i can't tell if you're trolling or really this pathetic.
Fundamentally, does it make a difference?

There are lots of shit books out there. People who say "read a book" probably never did that themselves

I've never been accused of samefagging in all of my years on Yea Forums. I'm honored.

>There are lots of shit books out there.
Chances are, they're still better than the pile of anime shit that is MGS.

mgs is best anti nuke anime shit there is.

Japanese write books too, so nah.