Version 0.17 is out!

Version 0.17 is out!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=65070
forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65070
imgur.com/a/a8Hz0
wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Train_signals
factorio.com/download-demo
cdn.factorio.com/assets/img/blog/fff-283-biters-on-belts-bugged.webm
cdn.factorio.com/assets/img/blog/fff-283-biters-on-belts-fixed.webm
reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/5k1pf5/factorio_on_a_macbook_pro_2016/
youtube.com/watch?v=yu1RUxT7ngQ
factorio.com/blog/post/fff-275
drive.google.com/uc?id=1zS3Afo7JETL8Y1GdFYIRmslyI_nrBH2n&export=download
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>beta

Nice, looks like tomorrow will be another great day!
Can I continue using the old save or it's time to make a new map?

There goes my life

plz no, it's sunny outside.

and? for me standing in natural sunligh makes me sick

I got totally addicted to this game, like to the point where I thought about it all the time I wasn't playing it, for about a month last year then just dropped it and don't have the will to go back. I don't know why.

I was afraid to buy the game cause of the 25$ price tag (i mostly buy games on sale), but then I bought it and wow this whole thing about "addicted to factorio" is fucking real. The game is really addicting and has a high replay value. Holy shittt.

Attached: 1550687387510.jpg (590x590, 47K)

If I get good at this game when do I receive my german citizenship

Attached: 1536499736834.png (1280x720, 448K)

After you have gotten a strong tan and got lost at sea...

But I live in aus... shark will get me

sup gollum

What changed?

forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=65070
new GUI and graphics on various things, better map generator, changed biter generation and behavior and more shit that I can't be bothered to summarize

This is sooo good.

Attached: factorio_2019-02-27_14-46-32.jpg (1366x705, 1007K)

FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!

Attached: 1546212124245.png (576x699, 194K)

My friend and I played it yesterday for 11 straight hours.

there goes march

I wish the mod buildings didn't look like absolute garbage

precious?

I kinda wish he'd just slap "released" on it so it's an easier game to recommend to people. It's been in early access for a while now and that almost universally means the game is abandoned but it's the exact opposite in this case, a dev actually striving for perfection and updating constantly.

My bro and I have a map going together on LAN and we play 6+hours every weekend by accident. Fuck this game is good.

I got totally addicted to this game and had to force myself to stop playing or I'd probably drop out of university. I don't dare to go back, not this close to midterms, but it is fucking tempting me hard.

why do you want them to lie?

>get the technology to make trains and shit
>give up playing because i'm too much of a brainlet to use them properly

Attached: 1526404974810.jpg (480x477, 16K)

Well it's more done than most early access games are on release.

what's new for 0.17 other than a couple of graphics upgrades and balance fixes?

it's easy you just slap some signals down and in a couple of hours remove and replace all the trains as they get stuck at a junction

forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65070

wow its nothing

yeah,not even a single cosmetic item you can buy

Wake me up when they update the "complex recipes" mode to have more balanced resource needs.
Not like i mind the current/old one, but i dont want to dive in and then have to redo my factory once the mode is finally updated.

Which beta do I opt into? Latest experimental or is that unstable?

does 'experimental' sound stable to you?

9 times out of 10, experimental builds are actually stable. Just want to make sure it's not crashing or anything.

to learn them best, just have a single train per track to go to mining outposts or something. you can figure out signals from there

I don't like change

imgur.com/a/a8Hz0

have they fixed the janky fluid/ pressure mechanics yet

latest experimental since it updates when a new release comes out

Yeah, that's in .17

cool

Attached: 1534417583721.jpg (2560x1440, 1.37M)

Daily reminder to use sushi belts.

Attached: 1542023991885.png (786x508, 924K)

Attached: 1378945739606.jpg (232x261, 19K)

I can't go back to throwing multiple items on one belt it's like trying to crawl back into the womb for me.

Attached: 1414507472278.jpg (596x618, 108K)

Did they improved something related to the netcode? For some reason my friend can't play this game online in any server because it keeps laggin like crazy

What the fuck is this shit?
You wouldnt know a good belt setup if it slapped you in the face with its slong

Attached: 1537417351695.png (591x345, 186K)

Stooooooop!!!!!!!
Stoooooop it!!!!!

Attached: 1529443341071.png (500x545, 278K)

>africa.jpg

People get triggered by this but couldn't this work? Like, have a big ass belt inthe middle of the base that loops itself and is fed by multiple factories, then branch this out with filters

Is that "Rail World" (that functtion at map generator that put resource patches far way from each other) the patrician way to play this game, right?

Anything can "work", but it's not exactly efficient.

It can, its jusy incredibly, insanely, unbelievably inefficient and is at very high risk of jamming

Wow, thanks OP I sure didn't want to miss this.
BIG NEWS.

Attached: Screenshot_140.png (704x571, 81K)

I hope this is ironic

>Version 0.17.1

That's the update after the one OP is talking about. Because the devs are dedicated like that and by time you are done reading this post 0.17.2 must be almost ready to be deployed.

>set up railroad with single unlooped track
>train refuses to loop by going backwards
>construct massive uncrossed loop
>train refuses to loop by going forwards
>this is the most basic shit with trains and it still takes me like 30 minutes to get right

Attached: 1547162873428.png (702x540, 538K)

Give me the quick run down, what are the big and most useful features of the update?

All the other belts would then rely on each other to keep flowing.
Don't need any blue chips right now?
Guess what?
Your batteries stop flowing because the blue chips are backed up.

god i fucking love trains

Attached: 20171128061036_1.jpg (1920x1080, 557K)

New campaign
UI overhaul
Quickbar is no longer retarded
Fluid handling fixed
Belts run at non-autistic ratios
Blue science reworked
Map generation is actually useful
No more pickaxe
Auto research (has to be manually enabled)
Muh graphics
Better train station handling
Science overhaul
No longer need military science to launch a rocket
Recipies overhauled
Biter AI fixed
Biters are actually a threat
Can now copy and paste to make quick blueprints
Reach upgraded from 6 to 10 tiles

Give me some early game tips Yea Forums, im horrible at this but I want to love it.

i found out the trick is to do the opposite of common sense, just have a dedicated track for every train, makes it so much simpler

pleb tier

I think the biggest feature that helps is mod sync.
I don't have to go download the version of the mod that the server is using and also I can just update all my mods easily.

>30iq trainman
>not being a master of the robot droneswarm

wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Train_signals

Attached: fortheretards.png (853x960, 793K)

and it adds literally nothing?
fuck off

this game is never on sale is it - like never

I have the game but my bro just refuses to buy it, Is there a way to play online with a pirated copy?

Didn't the dev say this would literally never go on sale?

Maybe I'm thinking of some other game.

Yes, the server maintainer can chose to allow unauthenticated clients

There's no DRM so you can just pirate if you want to be poor

There's no DRM, so you can play online just fine.
But you can't use mods, and many pub servers use mods.

both rimworld and factorio devs did say that
you could technically get 10% off if you do a humble bundle monthly and but it from there with the subscriber perk

the mods are the DRM my dude

You can't use the mod browser, but someone with a legit copy can just copy and paste the mod folder to his friend's pirate install

>Yes, the server maintainer can chose to allow unauthenticated clients
but will we have to setup hamachi or something?

i know how to use signals, dedicated tracks are just better

I spent like 300 hours in this game. Way more enjoyment than any AAA games I've played for the past decade. What about this game that makes it so addictive?

Nope, you don't have to do anything. It's just a single toggle in the server config. Pirates can use the server browser just fine.

Not going on sale until after release he said, I think.

Sell me this game Yea Forums. I know nothing about it and can't really tell much from the screenshots, but I have an engineering background and work in a badly run factory IRL.

Ok, prepare yourself.

It's fun

Attached: Runtorio.webm (1067x600, 2.03M)

Attached: 502500_20190216225956_1.png (227x286, 119K)

Just try the demo
factorio.com/download-demo

Attached: tsk.png (722x525, 645K)

were you born this stupid or did it take practice

isn't it wildly out of date

People upload mods everywhere, they work just fine in the pirate copy

Version 0.16.51 is the latest official version. 0.17.1 is still technically an experimental build that was released yesterday and you need to enable beta updates in Steam to even get it right now

>completely ruin the art-style of the game.

FUCKING WHY.

Should I play the stable or the beta version?

as someone with 600+ hours in the game visual changes are welcome

>drones

Attached: easy modo.jpg (480x360, 46K)

I played yesterday for 5 hours the beta and had 0 problems

> Still using yellow belts because muh difficulty
You still use your 2005 cellphone, right annon?

Attached: IMG_20190222_170457.jpg (744x597, 39K)

I did the same, I put a few 14 hour sessions in to it as well and even though I keep getting really tempted to play it again, I never end up doing it.

How much of a shitty pleb am I for using unlimited resources mod and disabling biters?

you're a fucking disgrace, end it now

I'm sorry I can't play this game any other way. Limited resources means eventually I'll have to modify my entire base and I hate that shit. Biters are annoying as fuck and manually reloading turrets is an unending pain in the dick.

>manually reloading turrets
so automate it you dummy

or build laser turrets

Not that user but to me it feels like the visual changes were for the worse even if they upped the resolution a bit
>biters now have retarded super long legs
>spitters are now barely distinguishable from biters because they have identical carapaces
>new trees all look super cartoony of the retarded variety
>substations look like a heap of junk with an antenna in it

This is gonna be gud.

Attached: easy start, rough later on..png (2045x1779, 1.21M)

Trains, if you feed you main base using stations instead of mining directly to the furnaces you'll never have to modify your main base, just create a new Outpost and setup your trains to transport the ore to the smelters
Play in railroad world, the biters stop respawning when you kill their nests, just build a tank with enough red ammo and get some freedom to the bastards

How do you update to 0.17? I'm trying to run a legit copy through Steam but it launches my previous version without updating.

You have to enable development builds, check the forums

Right click, the game in the list and go to properties then beta, put latest experimental 0.17.x

thanks lads

opt for the beta in the steam settings

And use belts to feed your turrets ffs

Nice, when is the sale so I can pick it up?

>those disgusting ore patches
where's my RSO

it ended yesterday you just missed it

Trips of hehe

>depending on mods to enjoy a game
this is not Kerbal space program

Does factorio have a general thread in /vg/? I kind of think it would go in the engineering general but those fags are crazy autistic and randomly dont let things in like city planning civil engineering

Well supported and prolific mods database is one of the stronger aspects of factorio. Am I speaking with a dirty, salty pirate?

it's not the game mate, you're a fucking brainlet lmao.

The engineering circlejerk was discussing factorio with no issues the last time I checked, they're decently civil about it too.

Legit gonna be getting time of worl when this is fully released
I am ready to lose myself again and so another couple all nighters in a row without realising
Gonna be fun
Learnin stuff again and i heard they have worked on making a better campaign or whatever so yeah
From what i have seen the ui and whatnot for .17 is a massive improvement

Literally just learn from your mistakes, dont go online searching for prints
The fun of the game is that there is always something to do and if you fully optimise it it gets boring because you do the same thing everytime
I remeber tearing down my base heaps of times before i launched a rocket let alone automate green science
But it was fun ebecause i had bases full of jank and it just worked
I then tried using prints and ratios and i legit got bored of the game

You always have something to do and an ever changing list of short term goals that make your long term goal be in sight so you dont lose hope
It seems daunting but you can see a path when looking at the tech tree one that will be your own and each new tech is a short term goal
Sure it has down times occasionally, moreso early game or late game when expanding rail networks, but you have those short term goals ever present pushing you onwards

daily reminder the devs are jews that will never put the game on sale

Attached: 1446167517871.jpg (447x447, 155K)

Should have bought it when it was $20 :^)

torrent when

Would you buy it if it was $60 with a 50% discount?

Since literally within 10 minutes after it released. I'm not going to spoonfeed you

Daily reminder that:
1. the game is only $30 full price, and is easily worth more than double that
2. The devs only said it would never be on sale until after the full 1.0 release
3. Factorio devs are some of the most based devs in the industry, fixing and sending out the fixes for bugs and crashes within HOURS of them being reported, as opposed to waiting til the next big patch release or never fixing them as most other devs do

A 50% discount? Damn can't pass on that.

Honestly just copy some blueprints from someone on the internet that's smarter than you. That's what I do. Go for horizontal and vertical, two ways with roundabouts.

Attached: 1543887675155.gif (500x279, 994K)

Maybe I'm retarded then, because none of my qbittorrent search plugins can find it.

If you don't have the means to laser turrent creep or go on destroyer capsule walkabout by the time you get off the starter continent then you don't deserve to expand

w-why

>Schipperke
Based

Attached: Screenshot_20190222-193052_1.png (1080x1359, 1.95M)

By two ways I mean one rail going each direction, I just can't speaking the good
Also what?

Attached: 1547818330431.jpg (764x706, 85K)

Attached: 1548801966906.gif (203x199, 443K)

Get a good rail blueprint book and use those intersections.
also start with 2 rails per direction so it scales till the end

trains are for little bitches

Attached: belts for lyfe breh.jpg (2560x1440, 2.04M)

based

Attached: image.jpg (1615x917, 321K)

>friend wants to play this with me
>this thread
yeah no, gonna pass. Seems it's just a game for extreme building autists

>im dumb

>I'm to dumb to play with trains and conveyor belts.

Is it already mental gymnastics, or are you just on the pills?

Attached: 4030s97227.png (128x128, 15K)

What the fuck, user?

t. extreme autist

So that's literally the only thing the game has going for it? conveyor builts and railroad tracks? LMAO you people need fucking help faggot autists, might as well just play fucking cookie clicker

>turrent

GET OUT

I'M SO SICK OF THIS MISTAKE

HOW ARE PEOPLE SO BAD AT KNOWING WORDS?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Silence! Autism doesn't speak to you yet, dumb normie.

No need to loose you're head over it user.

the game, at it's core, is a logistics simulator.
you're on an alien planet, you want to get off, so you make factories to make factories to make resources for the rocket and the rocket itself. but the local flora and fauna ain't havin' none of that, so you gotta both upgrade, expand, and defend from/attack the bugs all at once, like an RTS, but less "how many troops do i need to take that nest of ayys?" and more "how much furnaces do i need to make the exact amount of iron that i need for both ammo and iron gears?"

Attached: tfw factorio.png (625x1769, 439K)

this, and "nucular" fuck everyone who said it like that

have you found it?

sub 120 IQ detected.

Playing with trains is fun though.

Attached: 1524297796670.png (660x510, 369K)

Nah, I had other things to do so I figured I'll wait.

belt defenses no longer work, right?

what i don't like about those games, including factorio, is that the replay value is not really there.
you end up building the same stuff every game and the map randomization doesn't change much.the enemies don't really interact in the most meaningful way. they are just " make sure to shit out turrets before X minutes or you lose".Factorio got a bit better than most due to how complicated your base is gonna be ( it's hard to win your first game so 1 replay is gonna happen 100%).

you are free to disagree with me, i just would love to see games where the tech tree is used to get different stuff every game.

> being this dumb
ho lee fuk

it's an autism simulator. simple as that.

>belt defenses
like, putting sideways belts around the base so bugs can't attack? i'm at the tutorial right now and a similar thing happened to work, but not always. and there's ranged enemies, too so i don't think it'll work 100% of the time but it does work kinda

yeah, one of the things that got fixed was biters sperging out when they touch a belt. you could essentially fix them in place before .17

Before 0.17
cdn.factorio.com/assets/img/blog/fff-283-biters-on-belts-bugged.webm

After 0.17
cdn.factorio.com/assets/img/blog/fff-283-biters-on-belts-fixed.webm

0.17.2 is out

you can use the same save, however parts of your factory will not work because the recipes have changed

oh, cool
in my case i had a drill surrounded with sideways belts, not pushing the bugs directly out but nudging them so they couldn't stand and attack, and it worked until they started attacking the belt

>play with my friends
>they're terribly slow players, have like 4 stone furnaces only
>start building like crazy, craking out belts of iron and copper
>"why are you making so much iron?"
>"why didnt you limit this belt assembler? its gonna make like 1000 belts!"
>"why did you move my one circuit assemblers that I put on iron ore?"
>"you changed too much of this factory, it doesn't feel like its mine anymore, I'm done for the night"
why must my autism ruin this for me?

Should've put a limiter on yourself.

Someone tell me the appeal of this game? What games is it similar to?

next time try to coordinate with the crew, tell them that "we gotta renovate" and "here's how i'd do it *places ghost blueprint*" etc.

it's like a mix of RTS without army and SimCity with actual goals that aren't just "make money"
the appeal is different for everyone but the most common is the joy of improving on your old designs and seeing the numbers go up visually through seeing a bigger factory than the one you start with, and not as a literal number going up

>play public game, just past iron furnace array
>someone blueprints an entire 1 red, green, military, and blue science per second factory
>spend the rest of the night hand crafting inserters so we can start getting green circuits
why dont public games disable importing blueprints? it ruins the fun

noobs just don't understand the iron struggle user

digital cocaine

There's nothing RTS about Factorio.

is there any mode or campaign focused on defending against the bugs?

there are mods that do that sort of stuff, don't know what the "campaign" included in the game is about

Is it possible to upload the game's folder to the internet so my friend can download and play multiplayer with me? Or will I need some kind of crack?

what exactly is new in the 1.7 update?

There is a wave defense mode that just added randomly generated map support.

there's "wave defense mode" havent played it though
sometimes people post to /vg/, look around
updated recipes, new UI, much better map generation, research changes, no pickaxes, high quality textures

You need to download the server version. You can get it free off the game's website. Then set up the server and copy over your map file.

are there any mods or map generator settings where the world is filled with rail lines already?

many, many things

>start a new world and it's fun and addicting as fuck
>get to the point when I need to start doing shit with oil and refineries
>quit
How do I fix this? It always feel like I need to rebuild everything when I get to this point and it just gets boring.

Attached: 1543669816943.png (451x449, 404K)

Fluid management is fucking atrocious. Why cant you make pipes that stay underground instead of having to surface connect them every few steps?

the hard part about oil is you need to consume three diffrent products and all you really care about at first is the petroleum. its a big step up in complexity
what I turn the light and heavy oil into solid fuel and put the solid fuel into a box. that way I can focus on the petroleum.
eventually, you can turn the heavy and light fuel into petroleum which is what you want.

looks like mostly interface tweaks (inventory, trains, map generation)
ctrl+c/v/z functions
some minor graphics improvements
better performance (as if you couldn't run this on a toaster already)

nothing flashy, but extremely convenient

Everybody get in here!

139.162.191.142:34197

Attached: mPnAQgj.jpg (1200x900, 252K)

Yeah. They fixed the bug causing biters to not be able to run up belts.

So I always run my base one coal fueled steam engines...would switching over to a different fuel type be more efficient? I get impatient trying to set up nuclear plants

Explain how this isnt every factory idle miner tycoon clicker game on the android store?

>post 195

It is literally nothing like those. Play the demo.

i dont have a pc. I have a macbook, 2 ps4s, and an android phone.

>base building
>resource management
>real-time
>pve and pvp modes
the above applies to both factorio and RTS genre

Factorio is the rick and morty of videogames.

in that case I suggest posting any further questions over there

Attached: hmmm.png (940x400, 147K)

>i dont have a pc. I have a macbook, 2 ps4s, and an android phone.
These are the kind of people that post in PC hate threads.

Attached: 1446240528122.png (382x262, 12K)

Thanks I naturally assumed it was PC only cause everything else is. Probably will turn my 2014 macbook pro into a furnace but ill try it out

Oh shit this reminds me of OTTD, I sort of want to buy this game now.

Wait a minute this game is 2 years old and still in beta? lmao

reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/5k1pf5/factorio_on_a_macbook_pro_2016/

solid fuel is used for blue science now which makes oil a bit less shit imo

>solid fuel is used for blue science now
I didn't know such beauty existed.

Attached: 1518988383145.jpg (599x563, 74K)

Get with the times grandpa. Like 95% of indies have at least a linux release. Also this game played just fine on my 2013 Macbook air. I couldn't build a megabase, but was able to launch a rocket just fine.

H-Here I go

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 12.23.45 PM.png (390x96, 20K)

only 2 years?
time sure flies

I don't like these new interfaces

It sure has come a long way.

Attached: rocket defense.png (94x94, 5K)

What does it change? Do we have another major resource instead of just iron and copper? Can we do anything interesting with water yet?

I thought saves are generally tied to versions, so an old save with an old version can still be tied to that version. Would upset a lot of people if the recipes just suddenly changed (I believe you actually have to use rails as part of a recipe now, which require stone) and destroyed a lot of layouts. Good thing I beat my game before it happened.

That's what he means. New changes to recipes means that old factory layouts will no longer work just because it will be producing the wrong items. Thankfully you can always revert back to an older version if you want to finish up a factory.

>solid fuel is used for blue science now
Oh shit, this should change things up a bit

I pity you

Attached: SH1.jpg (1769x1073, 468K)

I always get up to oil and chemical production but quite because it's all too confusing.

Attached: 1465439985258.gif (480x270, 183K)

>Design a perfect factory that utilizes the exact amount of resources to manufacture exactly one science pack of each type per second, with an compact design taking up only a small portion of land.
>Realize it needs around 1800 electric furnaces and 1500 assemblers, along with chemical plants to pump in the requisite petrol products, and that I should've first designed a factory to manufacture the stuff needed to manufacture the actual factory first.

is this game worth pirating

This is great but I hate having to drive the shitty car to get around my base when it gets too big.

What are those honeycomb things in the middle?

see
the tricky bit is you need to consume all thee products of oil refining (heavy, light, petroleum) or your refineries will get backed up. just make solid fuel at first with the light and heavy fuel and plastic with the petroleum.
its even easier now because you need the solid fuel for blue science

Sushi belts have methods to use them efficiently through splitters combing them always in such a way as to ensure a 1:1 ratio of goods, but they have a high chance of jamming as soon as one side isn't inputting any resources, which means not only do you need additional infrastructure to actually properly merge the sushi belt, you also need a return feed to fix problems automatically should they arise. Though you can actually just make a return feed and prevent issues in the first place, it reduces their throughput to a large degree when items aren't properly merged.

Overall, I find a belt with a single type of item is easier to just fully saturate and forgo the need for sushi, for example, twelve steel furnaces to fully consume the iron of a single yellow belt on one side while using coal from the other. Sushi is only really needed when using compact designs that only need a low amount of input.

If you're dead set on trying them out, work on making a sushi design for inserters as practice, since they need three inputs for their stuff and could theoretically benefit from it.

>Hive
w-what?

Probably solar cells. I'm more interested in knowing what those looking things on the top right are.

>using the car instead of having a personal train to take you to all important spots in your factory

how? the car drives me crazy because its squirrely and easy to crash into shit

You were supposed to fight the biters, not join them!

>using solar cells instead of having a big nasty steam engine powered plant.

its like you hate pollution or something

solar panels just feel more automated. place and forget, no need to pump in coal.

can you fuel trains with solar power?

Is 0.17 going to make the jump from green science to blue science less ridiculous? Whenever I play, I end up finishing every red/green technology long before I finish a single blue technology.

Yeah coal will run out which isn't so nice. I wonder if you could power your steam turbines with empty oil wells. They output like 0.1 units of oil per second forever.

accumulator carriage when

>driving a car
THAT IS NOT HOW YOU MOVE AROUND LATE GAME MY FRIEND!

It's a hive my friend, open at your own peril youtube.com/watch?v=yu1RUxT7ngQ

You fool, I am not destroying the world, I'm saving it!

I don't have almost any solar cells.

is the torrent out?

Yes, he'll come back in 5 minutes.

Read the Fun Fact Fridays
factorio.com/blog/post/fff-275

That's a fucking garbage collector lmao

so, what's new in the 0.17 version?
last time i played was just as they released the uranium and nuclear power but never really tried those.

Attached: what could it be1.jpg (550x439, 69K)

>you can generate an island map
>instead of being several islands, it's just one island in the middle of an endless ocean
I don't get it, why?

im too dumb for this game

Attached: zombie scip.jpg (512x534, 160K)

>This is the first experimental release after a year and 3 months

If you are smart enough to do the tutorial and then campaign, then you will be fine. Most people aren't smart enough though.

challenge

seems they added more water related shit since I last played, are there boats now?
can you at least swim across water tiles or are bridges the only possible way

what's the challenge?

Has anyone tried playing seablock? I just got overwhelmed and gave up after a few minutes.

Less space?

can you launch a rocket before you run out or minerals?

>no comfy Yea Forums sever, machinery with the boys and trannies

You could restrict the size of the map before. The island thing seems really pointless.

>not having 40 mk3 exoskeleton legs
>jammed inside some OP as fuck Mk9 power armor
>just stuff a 5 fusion reactors in whatever
>and like 10 of the biggest batteries
>tap any directional key once for .1 seconds
>rip a hole in space time
>travel 100 feet
>movement is now essentially you 'blinking' around the map
>exo legs use so much power that the fusion reactors and batteries can't actually keep up if you use it constantly
>moving so fast inside your base that it's actually too much and you're overshooting where you want to be
>yeet yourself across the game map
>including across like 10 blocks of water

I love this game.

so the challenge is to save resources by building very small factories?

>run out of minerals
You can't really "run out" of materials, you just have to go farther and farther for deposits. I guess in the worse case scenario, you could fucked over as you run out of ammo for going outside at all, and biters start eating your factory from the outside in, but in that case, all you would have to do is just travel a long distance (presumably they don't follow as there's no more pollution) to start anew.

we're talking about the new map type "island" where resources are very definitely limited and it's all you get

You can run out if you're using the island setting, that's what's being discussed.

I still don't get this game. Is it sim city or dwarf fortress? What's so good about it?

Drones are cheaper for ups even after belts optimizations.

drive.google.com/uc?id=1zS3Afo7JETL8Y1GdFYIRmslyI_nrBH2n&export=download

Attached: shhh.png (986x1060, 696K)

Ahem >139.162.191.142:34197
>139.162.191.142:34197
>139.162.191.142:34197

Get in. Pirates should be able to get in just fine. This is a dedicated server so it will be running 24/7. This is version 0.17.2 with rail world settings and biters on. We're still at the beginning stages

bump

>vsync doesn't work unless aero is enabled
>real fullscreen isn't even possible
still hate how the game works weird like that

What have you done??!!!

"Year 3434, i commander Margheliov Ajkert of the USS Zion 9th exploration defense force,upon reaching sector 45 k-1 picked up a disturbing reading coming from a nearby planet, the signal registered was far from anything my crrw had ever seen, magnetic and ionic storms were the only thing that came close. I tasked the engineering department to sort out the readings and fix or calibrate the devices, after 4 days lf high orbit and 4 days of data collection and recalibrated instruments there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them. After the 8th day the observation crew spotted activity, they reported it might be correlated to the high numbers of error readouts, the report states moving objects at a speed that closely matches 12th spaceforce division fighter interceptors. Throughout the data compiling a pattern appeared, it resembled a honeycomb shape on the surface , i hesitated to send out scouts, so the drones were sent instead, much to my surprise even after they managed to reach the surface undetected and travel towards the area ,our machines have been shot down by what appears from the feed to match high focus laser turrets, after some debate i decided to send heavy mechanized infantry to gather information and understand what in the hell is going on down there. The mechanized crew has spotted a single man running at speeds that are not possible even with our current exosuits, the team didn't make contact for they say what they saw is unexplainable. The team reports are making a mockery of me, a single humanoid looking being, fighting hordes of 4 meter tall alien insects, the team followed the target for 800 kliks before cresting a mountain that blocked the vehicles 5 team members were sent on hoverbikes, and their report makes even less sense, a vast as far as the eye can see melting furnaces and steel plates, copper, ammunition factories and drones a swarm of drones that drowned the sun in the sky , covering for ...

hours on end the sky. The team finally spotted the honeycomb formation and it appears to be a station where automated trains unloaded metal ore, contact was briefly lost with the mechanized crew due to the high magnetic field from the swarm, during these hours i requested a high and low orbit directional satellites and antennas be sent out to create a stronger communication link. The mechanized crew managed to regain contact however during the retreat they encountered the insects and suffered light casualties partly due to the intervention of the humanoid, who according to reports from multiple tank crewmen "torched the bugs like a barbeque on terra3" after the encounter the humanoid turned to the commanding officer and yelled "reeeeeeeeeeee get the fuck ouuuuuuutt from my planet".
The planet has been identified in the usnc as a high threat zone and whatever ship entered it's space did so at it's own peril. After 35 years the signal and readings from the planet are getting stronger and stronger, satellites are being sent to orbit hourly and old satellites are being salvaged for the data. Our own satellites are reading massive pockets of radiation and poisonous fumes. Nothing can live there, nothing human

wish i could enjoy this game

wtf there's multiplayuer? downloading now

waaaaa just pirate if if you can't afford $30

this is how you combat pirates, active development

have a (you)

whenever u have an intersection, put chain signals before the intersection and normal signals after (from the perspective of the oncoming train) there you go you can now do any size train network

Just be less autistic, don't build other peoples bases for them. Play with them, not for them.

the game runs fine on macs

>Just be less autistic

Attached: where do you think we are.jpg (498x441, 41K)