What are your favourite games from the last 5 years?

what are your favourite games from the last 5 years?

Attached: ded.jpg (1167x758, 176K)

Dying Light and Hitman TM/2
Also Age of Decadence, very fun game

Underrail. But I have a toaster and haven't played much.

Attached: 1550997432504.jpg (1022x685, 220K)

Not even a huge Metroidvania/sidescroller fan.

Attached: hollowknight-1280-1529623462572_1280w.jpg?format=1500w.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

>5 years ago is 2014

shit, uh, is OpenRCT2 technically a new game?

Attached: 1539677484473.png (370x360, 274K)

come on boys is it really that hard? I have a new build hopefully coming this week

Dominions 5

Attached: 1508398761730.jpg (540x465, 167K)

>come on boys is it really that hard?
yeah
nothing good's come out
I basically played nothing in college

Hitman 2016/Hitman 2.

With them being merged into one game with Hitman 2 it's almost overwhelming just how much fucking great game there is in one single package.

I've spent six hours in Hitman 2 and all i've done so far is 100% the tutorial mission.

Makes me wonder what a modern Thief or Splinter Cell could be like if they had actual decent devs at the helm like IO.

No money to play anything post 2014

can't think of anything sry.

I was gonna say Dishonored but that was so long ago dear anons, I can't believe it.
>Rain World
>GoNNER
>Hollow Knight
>Downwell
>Breath of the Wild
I've been so disappointed by games in recent years that I've been playing less and less, I don't even know what I'm doing anymore.

Attached: 15478895898939.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

Xcom 2
The Witcher 3
Rocket League
Frostpunk
Endless Legend

Cant man, was going to say MGR but that's 2013

Attached: 1527179532091.jpg (288x325, 32K)

Uh.
Dark Souls 3 I played and enjoyed well enough, and I didnt mind fortnite for like a week.
Im 23, its kind of sad that I cant think of a single really good game released since I became an adult.

I dont belong here anymore.

Total War: Warhammer I & II
Xcom 2
Dying Light
Shadow of War
also all of the Far Cry games, 3 and onwards, are decent

not in any order
xcom 2
Wild Hunt
BOTW
UNIRONICALLY battlefront 2 (post patches)
Yakuza 0 /Kiwami

>also all of the Far Cry games, 3 and onwards, are decent
>Shadow of War
>Dying Light
Yikes.

Red dead 2
The witcher
Breath of the wild
Mario oddysey
Newest smash

Upvote me at /u/gamingman1999 fellow gamers.

literally none
in last 5 years i finished a lot of games from 1995-2005 era
they are much better than anything that comes out

Just Cause 3
Hat in Time
Yakuza 0
Sonic Mania
Ace Combat 7
Resident Evil 2

Dying Light is great you fag

Resident Evil 2
Monster Hunter World
Persona 5
Cuphead
Sniper Elite 4

it was good until Ace Combat 7

Hollow Knight
Downwell
Furi
and Darkwood, which is definitely in my top 5 of all time

hyper light drifter is the only single player game I've played in like 8 years

stalker call of chernobyl

some nintendo games maybe the 2014 smash game was pretty good but uh there's like two new ones and the fanbase is so bad i dont even want to deal with nintendo consoles anymore. the wii was peak nintendo

Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3
Nioh
Yakuza 0
Farming Simulator 17

>normalfag protag
>normalfag side characters
>nogunz
>HEY DUDE THERE'S A SAFE SPOT HERE COME CHECK IT OUT

Good tastes 8/10 -2 for Rocket League.

No particular order.

Total Warhammer 1 & 11
Grim Dawn
Wargame Red Dragon
Darkest Dungeon
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Cities Skylines

rate it?

Nier Automata
Red Dead Redemption 2
uhh I guess The Witcher 3

I honestly play a lot of the same video games over and over but not that many video games.

test

Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3
Nioh
GoW
Breath of the Wild

Attached: 1519809845787.jpg (400x388, 19K)

RS2 Vietnam
Killing Floor 2
Hitman 2
Hotline Miami
Titanfall 2

rate my shit taste

Attached: Sem-Título-1.jpg (530x530, 65K)

Heard Battlefront 1 was unironically better and more content for most of Battlefront 2 lifespan.

Bloodborne
NieR Automata
RE7
The Evil Within 2

no games worth playing were released the last 5 years

the gameplay regarding its parkour was great though, and the map was well-made to accommodate that. I agree that the story was not the best, but the story isn't the main focus of the game.

>RS2
the best FPS
>Killing Floor 2
Funds RS2 content and development thx for playing
> Hitman 2
lol if you like it man
> Hotline Miami
few hours of fun, after that memeland
>Titanfall 2
Dunno looks fun

>I haven't played Ace Combat 7
You should.

Both games killed the franchise.
Fuck off.

i liked airplane games growing up and i had airforce delta on the dreamcast but every ace combat game i've played has immediately made me just stop. ace combat 4, ace combat 5, ace combat zero, shoot me in the fucking head

they force you into some storyline thats sooo slow and boring with unskippable cutscenes with all of this superfluous dressing that nobody wants to get to a barebones basic airplane game that doesn't give you what you want. why am i reading text boxes watching airplanes fly in formation its a v i d e o g a m e

Not my absolute favorites but just listing games that didnt feel like shit to btfo the depressed doomers who believe that there are no good games anymore.

a Hat in Time, XCOM 2, DOOM, DUSK, Furi, Dirt Rally, Tekken 7, Guacamelee 2, Dead Cells, Overload, Nex Machina, Absolute Drift, Redout, Distance, Dark Souls III, Hyperun, Tinertia, RUINER, Killing Floor 2, Hollow Knight, Cuphead, (Super) Cloudbuilt, Hyper Light Drifter, Arkham Knight, Battlerite, Ori and the Blind Forest.

Absolutely based list. Try CrossCode and Fight'n'Rage.

Breath of the wild
Hollow Knight
undertale
a hat in time
Half Life 1
Nostalrius
Stardew valley

are my 8.5s and up of games i have played from the last 5 years

>the gameplay regarding its parkour was great though
Literally worse than Mirrors Edge and Titanfall in every way.

sure but the game revolves around the story and there's not much to do outside of it other than just treat it like a survival game, when it's only challenging at night

same age, feeling the same, starting to think I've grown out of vidya or just need to take a break from gaming.

Attached: 1527170163984.jpg (1143x836, 183K)

Bloodborne
Total Warhammer 1 and 2
Hollow Knight
Red Dead 2

>so many BotW fags
That was a tech demo, not a game.

>Kekken and Broken Soulsshit

Escape from Tarkov

I'm a country bump/k/in from Finland and this is the game I've been waiting for all my life.

Prey, Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, MGSV, Hollow Knight, Monster Hunter World, Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3, Factorio, Life is Strange, SOMA, and probably a bunch of other indie shit I'm forgetting.

I don't really play game releases when they're new though so some of those might be outside the date range.

Attached: 21558916_1498318670256690_8535456332991892910_n.jpg (831x315, 32K)

It is a game, just an 8 hour game stretched into a 120 hour game.

>2014
Alien Isolation

>2015
Witcher 3

>2016
Doom, just because I didn't play a lot that year.

>2017
Persona 5

>2018
Beat Saber (Dragon Quest XI in close 2nd)

>2019
Resident Evil 2

Where's my /rate (you) I even didn't leech.

Persona 5

DD and Cities 10/10, haven't played the others, happy now?

Banished
Kenshi
Stardew valley
Hitman 2016/2
Resident evil 7

Shovel Knight
Sm4sh
Mario Kart 8
The Witcher 3
Bloodborne
Ori
Splatoon
Dark Souls 3
The Last Guardian
BotW
RE7
RE2 remake
Yakuza 0
Zelda BotW
Mario Odyssey
Persona 5
Hollow Knight
Red Dead Redemption 2
Smash Ultimate
22 here, turning 23 in a few months. What's up with your life user?

those games are like, the reason i say video games suck. they don't have anything compelling about them.

its like a bag of sour patch kids and one of those Bang! energy drinks, you can tell from a thumbnail its oversaturated and saccharine and constantly trying to visually and actively remind and reinforce that you're having fun right now

if i wanted to play descent i would play descent not pay $20 for a knockoff version of descent that runs in unreal engine 4 for bloom and dynamic lighting

oh bloodborne was released in the last 5 years?
though it was 8 years ago , then that

rocket league is great if youre good at video games

Off the top of my head from what I can remember sinking the most time into:
Titanfall 2
Monster Hunter World
Sea of Thieves
Dark Souls 3
Rising Storm 2

I feel like Darkest Dungeon and Smash Ultimate deserve honorable mentions, DD is the only turn-based game that hasn't become tiresome after I've learned how to cheese the game as hard as I can. Smash Ultimate is everything I've ever wanted from a Smash game but it's just more of the same Smash.

Sure, but I said great, not best. I'd say it's a toss-up with ME though, the red "PARKOUR HERE" items are even more casualised than DL's already easy parkour. Haven't played TF, so I can't comment on that.
there's quite a few side-missions. some Quarantine areas are pretty scary.

All these jaded people saying nothing good has come out in 5 years, if you actually think that then you don't enjoy video games as a medium, otherwise you would have taken the time to actually play them and find something you enjoy. This is why this board is shit, you aren't going to reclaim that "golden age" you had as a kid where every new game you got was hype by coming to Yea Forums, you're only gonna get it by really playing video games. Stop posting retarded shit that is non-vg you depressed faggots and go look for a good game.

Ac7 is great
AC7, Nioh, RE2, Tekken 7, MHW, Wargame Red Dragon, Killer is Dead, Yakuza 0, All the Insurgency games, Siege, Soulcalibur 6, lots of others

Attached: 1530906029446.gif (447x469, 211K)

Ace Combat is boring as fuck. I really don't get the appeal.

RuneScape, dead by daylights, Heroes of the storm, god of war, bloodborne

>I haven't played Ace Combat
You should

I have only played 7, I never had a playstation or xbox and I missed infinity even being out. I personally found the single player to be pretty spot on and the multiplayer to be super fun. I'm also a giant fanboy of military vehicles so that's part of the appeal for me personally, I put like 2k hours into war thunder. It just sounds like it's not your taste.

witcher 3
grim dawn
nier automata
stellaris
dying light

>Age of Decadence
Raged like a motherfucker during that one, but great game nonetheless.

I have. Pirated it and played the first 4 missions, got bored, then dropped and uninstalled it.

Rain World, Witcher 3, Devil Daggers, DOOM, Cuphead

This thread has left me feeling a lot better about the current game industry. It's been shit overall but man, some of my favourite games of all time have come out in the last 3 years.

The Banner Saga
Hollow Knight
Pathfinder Kingmaker
Stardew Valley
WItcher 2 (fuck off i played it last year, so it's a "last 5 years" for me)

3/5 Excellent taste overall.

Good thread

Alright, I'll be the one to say it.

I love Vermintide 2!

Attached: DUWTp0a.jpg (982x853, 185K)

Don't have one. The last system I remember impressing me was the Xbox 360.

this nigga got dunked on so hard he had to subtract 2 points from an imaginary score!
>someday you'll learn to feather

Bloodborne
DS3
Monster Hunter World
Elder Scrolls Online
Ni no kuni 2
Nioh
Dragon Quest VII 3ds
Dragon Quest 11
Tekken 7
Mortal Kombat XL
Witcher 3
Red Dead R 2
Neir Automata
Smash Bros
DK Tropical Freeze
Breath of the Wild
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Zero
Yakuza 6
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4

Who says modern gaming is dead? I've been playing since the early 90s and I still find I don't have enough time to play everything I want.

XCOM2 WotC
BotW
Div OS2

are probably my three favourite, War of the Chosen ranks high among my favourite games of all time desu. Give me 3 already

witcher 3, bloodborne, persona 5, darkest dungeon, doom

based, absolutely based

How does xcom 2 compare to 1? I really liked 1 and have considered pulling the trigger on 2 for a while.

normalfaggot

Hitman 2
Darkwood
Dusk
Steamworld dig 2
Styx

Forgot Vermintide. Still haven't gotten to the second one yet. There's that new Diablo style Warhammer game coming out soon that looks like it's got interesting mechanics too.

Fifa 18
Battlefield 1
Destiny 2
Warframe
The Last of Us

>normal fag
>liking dragon quest and ESO and Yakuza

There's nothing wrong with liking a diverse collection of games, or liking things that Yea Forums tells you that you shouldn't.

>picrelated
Ruined everything for me

Attached: hello fellow hunters.png (537x447, 57K)

Honestly it has been ages since I played Enemy Within so I can't really compare them anymore, sorry m8

>Last 5 years favorite
Endless Space 2
Total War: Warhammer 1&2
Xcom 2
Darkest Dungeon
Vermintide 1&2

>not favorite but I still enjoyed them
Hitman despite always online and ET.
I had fun with Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 1 though I haven't finished it and haven't bought sequel yet.
Mordheim: City of the Damned
Stellaris

I need to upgrade my toaster finally. I didn't feel a need to do so in a long time, last time I did was in 2011 and I only changed graphic card back then. I mostly stick to older games like Dawn of War 1&2, Tzar - The Burden of the Crown, Medieval 2, Stronghold 1&Crusader, Jedi Academy and Outcast, Warband and original too, since there are few mods for it not available to Warband and various mods for them. There is still so many active modding communities for old games that I usually can't wait for new mods instead of new games. I also try plenty of older games I missed and haven't played before. Last time I beat F.E.A.R. and Riddick and tried American Conquest and they are fantastic. Turns out I don't dislike fps in general like I thought, only newer ones.

Attached: 20180910113924_1.jpg (1920x1080, 539K)

I can't even remember the last 5 years, I have no idea what came out and what didn't, I had to google releases and it made me realize I've played fucking less than 5 games from 2015 and forward. Less than FUCKING FIVE.

I'll say Inside and Doom 2016 are my favorite of the past 5 years.

The games I've enjoyed the most in the past couple of years have been from the late 90s early 00s. I really am living that boomer lifestyle.

Attached: 220px-INSIDE_Xbox_One_cover_art.png (220x263, 52K)

>Tzar - The Burden of the Crown
What a nice game. I remember dicking around with editor extracting missions from campaign I haven't got to yet or putting a Messiah against 100 bears

Play whatever speaks to you

Editor is amazing, you can even make crpg story in it. But I replayed it recently and holy shit is the pathfinding terrible. I like it aside from that though it but I did not remember it being that bad.

Bloodborne, Re2make, Hollow Knight, Nioh, Breath of the Wild

Transistor
Hyper Light Drifter
Sunless Sea

what a fucking söyboy list

Titanfall 2
Undertale.

Ask me again in a week.

Prey
Dark Souls III
Nier; Automata
Witcher 3
Rainbow Six Siege

Gravity Rush 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Attached: 898e35a84a41aa8315498af8f4e2d2df.jpg (900x700, 183K)