Guys i seriously cannot tell if this is good or bad or what? They seem happy but... 4 million...

Guys i seriously cannot tell if this is good or bad or what? They seem happy but... 4 million? That doesn't even cover the OG RE2 sales let alone beat VII or 5 or anything...

Attached: BA428D1B-2D80-482E-8C12-5BA787E8B031.jpg (640x667, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

playstationlifestyle.net/2018/11/20/resident-evil-2-remake-developers-800/
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
youtube.com/watch?v=f1hmKWqCQYU
ign.com/articles/2018/05/25/god-of-war-sales-top-5-million-in-the-first-month
gamespot.com/articles/horizon-zero-dawn-sells-26-million-copies-in-two-w/1100-6448779/
ign.com/articles/2017/06/06/horizon-zero-dawn-has-now-sold-34-million-copies
blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/28/horizon-zero-dawn-celebrates-its-first-birthday-surpasses-7-6-million-sales/
pushsquare.com/news/2018/06/the_last_of_us_has_sold_an_outrageous_17_million_units_on_ps4_ps3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That doesn't count digital.

It’s sold 4 million in one month. Sales will continue to grow once they start to put it on sale. It’ll likely be right under 5,6 if I had to guess in a year.

4 million in just one month is huge. Especially for Jap devs that don't really do massive budgets. It's going to outsell the original game.

Attached: reclairecorner.jpg (1040x978, 154K)

Stop comparing one month sales with lifetime sales, moron.

It's been one month and the best selling entry, RE5, hit 11 million in a little under a decade. I'll let you figure it out from there.

Are you retarded OP? Pretty sure Capcom is pretty happy with the results and their pretentious suits will probably want to see a remake of 3 now.

Protip: If they're advertising the figure, then they're proud of it.

>comparing one month sales to lifetime sales
IIRC RE7 didn't break a million in a month, it took longer. RE5 sold so well because it rode the coattails of RE4, which while the general consensus on Yea Forums is mostly hostile toward 4, it still did extremely, extremely well.

>1 month sales = lifetime sales

Attached: 1550821497095.png (429x471, 313K)

4million in a month is pretty darn good. It will hit the original sales within a year

>have to wait another 3 years for Re3
Hope I'll make it bro's

>cheap remake of 20 years old game sells more than high budget AAAA cinematic father simulator games

so much for western gaming domination and DMC5 isn't out yet

>Konami rapes all their IPs in favor of pachinko and mobile
>profits slowing down
>Capcom double downs on their IPs and decides to go back to just making good games and this time not on retarded handhelds
>huge sales
Sometimes, irony has its way.

Attached: Capcom.png (1920x1200, 635K)

since the ratio of games sold via digital vs physical is growing more in favor of digital every year, I wouldn't be surprised if they crossed 10 million by the end of the year

physical sales in a single month doesnt equal lifetimes sales big brain

Attached: long.jpg (1200x1614, 155K)

3make in 3 years.
Gonna be good

Resident Evil 6 had 600 people working on it and was the most expensive production Capcom had ever done at the time. It was a financial failure because it sold less than 10 million copies.

REmake 2 had 800 people working on it and is the most expensive production Capcom has done thus far. 4 million sales says it's probably a financial failure thus far and unless it significantly outsells RE6, which it's not on track to do, it probably always will be.

This is standard promotion shit. They are trying to build buzz by claiming success when in reality they are desperate for more sales. They aren't even quoting sales numbers. They are quoting shipments which is old trick to inflate success.

how the fuck did Capcom make a game, MHW, which is the fastest selling monster hunter, AND Capcom game, of all time, and then go on to just release this right after? is this the fucking return of a legend? Capcom are killing it, lets see what dmc5 has to say.

Attached: 1522463910574.png (1920x1079, 1.88M)

Always be wary of the term "shipped." That's not a sale.

>’Konami sucks REEEE’
Oh look, another Kojima-drone.

the game practically came out in the last month calm your tits

Well considering how this 20 year old remake was 10 times more impressive graphically and basically bug free then "AAA" games, it isn't uprising.

Michael fucked up the ass once again.

You do know, you just can't say words and hope people believe you, right? Do you have anything to back up that it was financial failure if it sold less than 10 million copies?

>That doesn't even cover the OG RE2 sales
not surprising considering it's the better game

OP here, thanks for calling out my retardation guys, you are right. Im just so invested in its success. I really want it to do the best of all RE. I have waited so long to see these days for RE.

Attached: 1A2CB699-82A3-496D-9483-ECF106467B9E.jpg (640x753, 477K)

>4 millions for a game that's similar to re4
>With a focus from the devs that proves why Mikami fucked off
Damn...

I hate both though, fuck Konami for killing Silent Hill series and fuck Kojima for being blowing his load on David Bowie

Well no, I don't, but I can just assume it didn't make back its profit, it's all shit and so is this.

Please enlighten us on how good Konami is right now as well as their lineup of great games for this year

Attached: 1549622781138m.jpg (1024x768, 69K)

fuck off spic

Konami does suck ass though. Literally all their IPs are dead now. All because of them going mobile/pachinko gambling instead. They can burn in hell.

To be fair, Konami hasnt released anything worth while after Kojima left.

Yea Forums summed up in one post kek

Attached: 1532986186783.jpg (468x442, 92K)

I'm pretty sure MHW is the best selling Japanese third-party game of all times. Atleast in the first year of sales.

>3 years

Theyre going to totally half ass it with reused assets and itll be out next year

>REmake 2 had 800 people working on it and is the most expensive production Capcom has done thus far. 4 million sales says it's probably a financial failure thus far and unless it significantly outsells RE6, which it's not on track to do, it probably always will be.
Yet Capcom redeemed themselves by making an actual good RE game, which is good enough for now

>shipped
yayayayya la bomba

Attached: 1515271706253.jpg (319x340, 83K)

Konami hasnt released a good game in 5 years.

Got a source on that REmake 2 stuff?

>Do you have anything to back up that it was financial failure if it sold less than 10 million copies?

It's not a secret that Capcom considered RE6 a sales disaster. They publicly announced it. It's sales figures are also not a secret, they have publicized it on their website. All these people saying HURR DURR IT'S ONLY THE FIRST MONTH! IT'LL SELL MORE! are idiots. 90% of sales happen in the first month. If it's sold about 4 million now then total life time sales can expected to be about 5-6 million. It's a failure. I know because my dog is Nintendo and he told me.

99% of the sales of a non nintendo games are done in the first 2 weeks of its release. It's not a fact you can debate.

try that again, but in english, spic

>REmake 2 had 800 people working on it
Actually my dad works at Square Enix and it was actually 6,000.

*thinks*

Attached: 1551155465761.png (800x600, 22K)

Oh look, another Konami chink shill.

RE8 coming in 2021 tho.

>akshually
fuck Americans, fuck Brits, and fuck the rest of you anglo's too

>Goemon is now forever stuck to Pachinko
It's not fair

Attached: 1538754784309.png (840x951, 336K)

I dont get your point here. Reasons mikami fucked off? Similar to RE4? What?

Good, now give me that RE Engine Dino Crisis Remake, Capcom.

It'll sell as long as those Jurassic World movies keep the people mildly interested in dinosaurs. Trust me!

Attached: dino_crisis.jpg (1024x576, 79K)

playstationlifestyle.net/2018/11/20/resident-evil-2-remake-developers-800/

>The most notable tidbit from last week’s Capcom NHK broadcast is that there were a whopping 800 (eight-hundred) people on #RE2 remake’s development. That includes programmers, photogrammetry models, mo-cap, etc. That’s more than the roughly 600 who worked on RE6.

theyve already outsold re7 on steam.

It will sell regardless since there has been no good dinosaur game since forever

non-Steam*
Steam ensures steady longterm sales

Attached: 1550863350789.png (430x471, 355K)

>remake remake remake remake remake
fucking zoomers, I swear

ironic that this post was made, and then this Capcom post was made. look at the bottom right post of ah the sweet, sweet irony Yea Forums

Attached: 1408421310629.gif (500x375, 498K)

Literally all they make anymore is Pro Evolution Soccer and Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball.

600 or 800, it's a mildly conflated number because most of those people worked on the game as a gig for a couple of months. the number of full time developers would be more informational.

the greatest image on Yea Forums

Regardless, I still think RE2 was likely less expensive. I doubt it was worked on for nearly as long, has quite a few RE7 assets reused, and overall has less content than RE6.

they should add a DC demo with the inevitable Re3 remake

>new game good
>remake bad
fucking cope I swear

Sorry it's true that REmake 2 was a massive expensive AAA production and not a a tiny little cheap indie game like you all wish it was.

But I hate Kojima and think he's a faggot too.

Cite your sources

>SFV saved with AE
>RE stopped pandering to retarded westeners and is actually making Horror games again
>Megaman 11 was great
>MHW finally relevant in the west
this is the greatest redemption arc ive seen yet

A massive development staff doesn’t automatically mean that the budget was as bloated as RE6 you mongoloid

Hello Gabe. Why are you here?

>SFV saved with AE
I’ve been more happy and optimistic with Capcom as of late but no, SFV is still mediocre

SF isn't saved. But it might be in the future with Ono fired and replaced with the MH guys.

Some games need remakes or at the very least next gen ports/remasters. You should be happy more people get to play a great game.

Cope.

What went SO fucking right this generation? How did they go from the village idiot of last gen to one of the best publishers/developers of this generation (minus Dead Rising 4)?

Attached: Capcom-Logo.jpg (620x320, 31K)

>You should be happy more people get to play a great game
No, I really shouldn't.

What exactly do you think the cost is in making a game? The majority of the budget goes to employee salaries. If you are employing 200 more people you are spending a lot more on salaries.

Kojima is why Silent Hll was cancelled. The guy’s lazy as fuck, just watches movies all day and takes all the credit. Konami will need some time to recover from all the damage he did.

And the best part?
Another GOTY contendor is up next.

Attached: Screenshot_9.png (806x347, 35K)

They fired Inafune and Monster Hunter became proof to them that sticking to winning concepts is superior than trying to pander to people who don't even care about your games. They also shut down Capcom Vancouver which was way overdue.

Then fuck off and die you bitter faggot. :)

Yeah I'm sure Kojima is to blame for Konami literally tanking all their IPs in favor of Pachinko shit. If anything Kojima stayed too long at that shit house.

Capcom Vanqouver is dead and Capcom actually has interest in continuing DR, so the next one might actually be good

I've never even fucking played a Metal Gear game, retard.

I can't believe it. They're back and they keep on winning.

>remakes of boomer games
>Z-ZOOMERS

what lad?

>Jap devs have lesser expectations

SE considered TR a flop for not selling 15 million or some other crazy high amount.

>no argument
RE6’s massive expense was in large part due to its fuckoff huge marketing budget. It’s entirely possible that RE2 was just as or more expensive in the end but trying to make a definitive claim only due to development size is retarded.

>mfw we get a DR reboot done by a Japanese studio that understands what made the series great instead of Canadians that thought DR1 was popular because it was "Saint's Row with zombies"

Attached: 1533457037045.png (585x745, 935K)

Nah Kojima only tried to revive Silent Hill. Not saying he's entirely out of blame but it's mostly Konami fucking up the series

Western studio made it.

>Movie day at Kojima Productions today :)
>DINNER WITH NORMAN AND MADS :)
>spends a bulk of the MGSV budget on Bowie and other 80s music shit
>Konami fire him
I hate Konami for raping SH and MGS but Kojima is a massive cunt who hasn't made a good game since MGS3.

Not until DD2

they're still crapcom for me until they translate DGS and reveal AA7

>fuckoff huge marketing budget

You've just made this up. I at least have actual data to compare. You have literally just invented a squandering out of thin air to declare the smaller production was actually more expensive.

Nice, it's well deserved for my personal goty

>constantly giving his team new sources of inspiration
>does more things than just being an office rat
>this is somehow bad
MGSV is going to be the last time we see Konami making a real game. Survive was a bitter flop that forever killed the series. Castlevania is dead. Silent Hill is dead. Klonoa is dead. Zone of Enders is dead. Not a single thing of value remains. All been killed one by one. Kojima was also living on borrowed time.

Attached: mgsurvive.jpg (1024x652, 75K)

They're still Crapcom until they fire Ono and fix their fighting game division.

Kiddies are put off by graphics

Why is everyone saying in just one month. AAA games sell 80-90% lifetime in the first month. It probably won't reach 6 million. It's not bad for a remake but it's nothing special either, just a solid release.

>That doesn't even cover the OG RE2 sales let alone beat VII or 5 or anything...
maybe they learned to lower their expectations
yea. not even in a million years

>similar to re4

Attached: becca_face_unimpressed3.jpg (354x390, 25K)

SE also let hitman go while putting out The Quiet Man and they've frequently been behind schedule on their projects.

Nice it's doing even better than re5 and re7 right now

SE had ridiculously high expectations of the western devs they ran a decidedly restrained expectations of their Jap devs. Remember FFXV? Remember how that needed to sell more than 10 million to be profitable? Remember how when it didn't they came out and declared that was a misunderstanding and FFXV didn't actually need to sell that much and they were happy with it? When did they ever do that with a western dev they ran? They didn't. They came out and publicly shit on them as failures. The bias and racism of SE was blatant. It's no wonder so many devs fled the studios they were running. Who would want to work for those assholes?

I don't get paid to work six days a week to watch movies in that time. Neither should he. Sony paid for his studio so he'd make a game, it's his job to do just that. He can use his weekend to watch movies but that's literally ALL he does, besides shilling for Hollywood actors. I'd be happier for him if he just tried to make a film of his own at this point, Death Stranding looks crap.

>AAA games sell 80-90% lifetime in the first month.
Maybe western overhyped trash that score 60 on Metacritic. Capcom games have way better legs than that.

filtered

>I don't get paid to work six days a week to watch movies in that time
Neither does Kojima. At this point you just come off as an extremely asshurt Konami chink shill. Hate Kojima all you want, he's just one guy. Meanwhile Konami as a corporate whole has lead an aggressive campaign to kill their IPs in favor of Pachinko gambling. And for some reason instead of hating that, you choose to instead direct your fury against a game dev that also likes to watch movies. You should tell your Konami bosses to make good games instead.

Attached: mgsurvived.jpg (982x422, 69K)

That's really good news. It means the Remake did well for itself.

>tfw want to enjoy games like Resident Evil but I hate scary/horror games
Not a good feel

Attached: eeee.png (1536x1159, 1.81M)

RE2 is my favorite game of all time. Played it first back in 1998. You're joking if you dont think i had not been waiting for REmake 2 since 2002. If you think i wasn't nervously waiting for 3 years after we do it. That i didn't follow all the news intently after E3. There will be a LOT of RE boomers like me.

Attached: 253EE245-64CE-4489-9744-26DA69DD8272.jpg (3898x2922, 2.01M)

>ch-chink shill!
Like I said, I hate Konami. It doesn't have to be one side or the other, they're both incompetent and awful. Difference is, Konami are dead in the water: being angry at them doesn't change their inevitable fade into obscurity. Kojima, however, is still here and still leeching off of Hollywood to make interactive movies.

not only onos fault, but yea. they need to do something about fgs.
theres a new mh guy in charge now so we'll probably see some improvement. i hope.

Konami isn't dead. They're still raping their corpses of their IPs by turning them into Pachinko gambling shit. Fucking hell imagine being Kojima and watching your life's work turn into a literal gambling device. Must suck ass.

Why do you hate them? Are you scared?

REmake 2 had 6 million people working on it and if you don't buy it you're indirectly contributing to the game developer holocaust.

Re-releases also helped, i got the Onimusha port and i'm personally waiting for the Ace Attorney first trilogy. Here's hoping things like P.N.03, Shadow of Rome or Chaos Legion can be the next ones.

>Only 4 million

Attached: 1469144767337.jpg (1920x1080, 149K)

>Meanwhile Konami as a corporate whole has lead an aggressive campaign to kill their IPs in favor of Pachinko gambling.
Because they saw how fucking lazy their consoles devs with Kojima at the top. They lost faith into home console games because of him and his incompetence.

AAA gaming-wise, they're dead. Unless this year they somehow announce an MGS1 remake by Bluepoint or some shit, then I'll take that statement back.

>imagine being Kojima
I think he is feeling good, getting all that money from Sony now to again. do nothing and just party with movie celebrities.

>4million in a month
4/5/6 are really untouchable

>looking through thread
>actually 4 million in one month is good though!
RE2make fags coping.

Attached: 1514870200334.gif (528x556, 896K)

Based. Same here user, although REmake and 3 are above the OG 2 for me, I was still tentatively waiting for it to be remade since the very first REmake happened, since I thought Capcom was going to modernise the lot.

How the fuck can anyone say Kojima's team was lazy? Some of the devs were literally hospitalized during the development of MGSV because they were burning out. KojiPro handed Konami a perfect engine for current-gen development and what did Konami do with it?

4 million physical in one month for a January release is a strong number imo 2bh.

It's also very good to see that Capcom are celebrating this number. It implies they have started to adjust their budgets and sales expectations after years of falling for the "all our games should sell like GTA" meme.

>muh Kojima
>Metal Gear is Konami's only franchise

Kindly die

Retard furry.

>KojiPro handed Konami a perfect engine for current-gen development
Who needs that in the age of UE4? You can't sell engine. And how much time and money he spent on MGSV? And still not finished it.

Konami's shills unironically think Kojima is the devil who has somehow singlehandedly turned narrative against Konami's Pachinkos.

Believe it or not retard, but some games actually deserve a remake

Why do people want this game to fail?

good, if they want to make different games call them different and not just the same as a old dead franchise because you retards have a problem to buy new franchises
>if they have the same name its the same franchise!
kill yourself

cope harder

Attached: 1541820704426.gif (294x263, 238K)

Sales have been really good and the reputation of Resident Evil has been restored with RE7 and RE2R. This is great, I'm looking forward to RE3R but I get the feeling Capcom will eventually lose track.

>4

4 sold like shit, what are you talking about?

Attached: A5FF9569-9FE1-4B1D-879C-C24D8CD848FA.jpg (1042x3199, 489K)

>Who needs that in the age of UE4?
Are you legit retarded? You could never make a game like MGSV on UE4 at 60 fps. That required a dedicated engine for the game. Fuck it hurts seeing Fox Engine going to waste in some nip's basement.

RE6 and Re5 had better sales than either of those games.

Off yourself.

It sells gangbusters every time it's ported. Otherwise they wouldn't bother porting it so much.

OH NO NO N OHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

RE4TARDS WHERE ARE YOU NOW???

But the fan base are extremely critical of them. Fifa and COD will ALSO outsell REmake 2 so i dont really rate the argument.

Attached: 2CB1599C-3C54-4599-8720-BF12AF555892.jpg (640x302, 92K)

Who knows. Yea Forums is absolutely infested with fags that see other people having fun playing vidya and their contrarian minds immediately jump to the conclusion that it must be shit because it's popular. Don't know why they care so much as to come into every single thread and shit it up though. We get it, they don't like the game, doesn't mean other people don't.

>good, if they want to make different games call them different and not just the same as a old dead franchise because you retards have a problem to buy new franchises
Uh, where are you getting this from? They didn't put out a new franchise. If this was a new franchise release and no one was buying it, then maybe you'd have a point, but if they're releasing games for an old franchise what the fuck is anyone supposed to do about it?

That's because 1 of 5 people back then actually owned a gamecube over a PS2.

Keep coping

Attached: 1540757730903.jpg (1958x2005, 540K)

>You could never make a game like MGSV on UE4 at 60 fps.
Fortnite running at 60 m8. You can do it.
Engine wasn't that great and he looks outdated even now.

Besides, they used it only for 2 games. PES and MGS. Nice investment. Even SE realised how you do not need your own engine anymore and how much money you can waste or shitty inhouse engine.

Jumpscares and stuff like that make me feel like shit, so I guess yeah?

>devs care about critical (fucking journos who can even be assed to finish both routes) acclaim and not sales

>mommy doesn't buy me a gamecube because i'm unable to manage money so i'll wait to play a shit version of the game

Fortnite isn't like MGSV though in any shape or form.

Yep I think Capcom is back. Just please fix your fighting game division and we're all good.

Attached: 1544460207695.jpg (2048x1541, 777K)

yeah i bet thats why it got rereleased on every system since, because of poor sales.

but I did own a gamecube though

what now

I've played RE2make. And honestly, it's overrated by the elitist fags on Yea Forums, so I'd be really happy to see them upset.

Well it paid off this time since RE2 got a 91

Those games sucked balls harder than Michael Does Life and they're a decade old. Completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Matthew Edwards is going to spearhead it like Matt Walker does Producing for DMC now, it'll be saved with time user.

not everyone did
fuck i even got the gamecube re4 version because it was so fucking cheap

They're literally the best selling games in the RE franchise, so it doesn't matter if they suck balls, fag.

Is this thread just some elaborate way for RE6 fags to cope with their game being shat on by everyone? Because as soon as you bring up the “b-but it sold well!” you know they have nothing else.

It still sold bad though LMAO

How the fuck people like Re4 will always be a mystery, probably because they also loved linkin park at the time

It doesn't sell gangbusters though. It never did. There isn't a single port of RE4 that even touched RE3 on PS1 numbers. Its got a cult following, but it has never sold massive numbers ever. Not a SINGLE port of RE4 has ever sold more than 2.3 million units.

Attached: 223CE006-7282-45AE-858D-59E06A74BDCD.jpg (1035x3199, 443K)

Yea Forums wants everything to fail. TOR ruined this board, and there is no recovering it anytime soon. It would take another golden age of gaming (Mid 90's to mid 00's) to fix this board.
An entire decade of good games from the big 3, no fuckery from the western 3rd party publishers, a decrease in the diversity pandering we see now, constant hits like we are seeing with Capcom right now, among other things.

And how about Metal Gear Survive?
youtube.com/watch?v=f1hmKWqCQYU

>MUH BAD PROGRAMMERS
This game was still made by Konami and mostly by the same devs. So even if they can't use it without Kojimahack, it was big failure of the engine.

t. 28 hours 54 saves C rank

hey user, I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. I'm an absolute pussy when it comes to horror games, I had a major problem with not being able to play a single one, every now and then I'd buy them on sale and drop them, I couldn't even get past the first two levels of Alien Isolation since I was so spooked.
I decided to give the first and second resident evil remakes a try though anyways and they actually weren't as scary as I thought they would be. Jump scares are minimal so they're not really too much to worry about, and outside of those there's a few tense moments but for the most part it's really not that scary of a game. The enemies are slow and mostly harmless (and there's not that many of them), you can run past almost all of them if you're too scared, there's a ton of safe zones where nothing can touch you, and the majority of the game you're just exploring and not being touched by anything. I think RE2 is a pretty manageable game for people who can't stand horror games like us, I finished both campaigns and didn't have a single moment where I put the game down from being too scared like I have with every other horror game in the past. This is literally the first horror game I've completely, 100% finished

Attached: re46811.jpg (591x443, 82K)

What kind of cuckold will enjoy modern desecration of classic?

No shit, now explain those PS2 numbers when EVERYONE owned a PS2 and the port came out just months later.

Well then either it sells really consistently well, or Capcom knows it's kino and they want to keep selling kino.

Attached: 1522986952302.png (800x1068, 397K)

Watching people Yea Forums try to talk about sales like they know anything about the budget or what expectations Capcom had is always hilarious to me. Judging by capcom's reaction, re-use of RE Engine, and smaller marketing budget comparative to RE5 & 6 it probably did well. None of this really matters until digital numbers show up on Capcom's Platinum Title list

Fuck off Michael

>make profit
>sold bad
ok crapcum employer :)

>It sells gangbusters every time it's ported

It's sells about a million. Not exactly "gangbusters" but worth the port, I guess. Let's put things in perspective, RE4 has been out for 15 years and ported to something like 12 platforms. It has still not sold as much as RE6 which has not been out for anywhere near as long or is available on anywhere near as many platforms and is, apparently, a shit game. RE4 is the THIRD highest selling RE game, the top dogs are RE5 and RE6 and by a margin of a few million sales.

people wanted RE not a 3rd person generic shooter

RE0 also got a port on Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox 360 and PC. Your point? Capcom likes to port games. Well done Sherlock.

*cough*

Attached: RE2make 2 achievements.png (978x582, 285K)

>MUH BAD PROGRAMMERS
>This game was still made by Konami and mostly by the same devs. So even if they can't use it without Kojimahack, it was big failure of the engine.
It's really not the engine's fault in this case though. Just because the programmers are the same and aren't bad, doesn't say anything about the game's gameplay design choices. Most programmers don't know shit about game design, you can have a team of the most talented programmers in the world and there'd be a good chance they'd be able to create a great engine but then be stuck unable of thinking of anything fun for it. Survive is a great example of that- after Kojima, the chief visionary and lead designer for the MGS games left, the same programmers were unable to come anywhere near the quality of the previous games. He was the one responsible for all the fun little details, mechanics, characters, and story that made the previous games so lovable. Survive was the product of great tools coupled with shitty designers.

Sure, but bare in mind that RE0 has almost as many ports as RE4 does so... i think its just a capcom thing.

Then I guess there's only one answer.

RE5 and RE6 are great games then.

Attached: 1540760591934.png (676x676, 430K)

Overrated, sure, maybe, but it's still a great game and there's really no reason for people to rip on it all the time. The same handful of shitty arguments get posted in every single thread and people are sick of seeing them. You're not going to change anyone's mind with those, because people are too busy enjoying the game they're playing.

stop posting your bullshit opinions and numbers. on all platforms RE4 has sold 7.3 million units according to wikipedia. you dont split the sales figures for a game that gets a multiplat release so its disingenuous to do it now

>Survive was the product of great tools
It isn't about game design. Game performs bad.
So this engine not really a godsend.

That's a lot of Social Media Strategists

>not all achievements
sad

Attached: 2402191511.png (1138x592, 1.37M)

Maybe you're tired of seeing the same argument, but I'm tired of seeing that same RE smug elitism here on Yea Forums over and over. I choose the lesser of two evils.

Kill yourself. Waste of space.

Alright, fair enough. Still there are a lot of people who are genuinely terrible at the game and call it shit because of it

RE4 over time has sold over 8 million copies. Don't forget the Wii version as well, which boosts that number by another 2 million before the major porting to consoles like PS3/360. One of the clear reasons Capcom decided to change direction with the new REs is because the RE1 Remaster sold more than any previous RE4 port they had made, almost 3 million accross platforms while 4 couldn't break 2 million. It's all just Capcom being stupid before this point

>RE4 is the THIRD highest selling RE game

People who say this always magically add up every single port of RE4 in existence and stack it up against only launch numbers of single platforms of the other games. I see retards say "RE4 sold more than RE2" and then they stack up ALL the ports against JUST the PS1 numbers of RE2. There is a REASON why Capcom themselves list games sales per release, not all in one go. RE4 has never sold massive numbers, its just loved.

Capcom is run by a single family, the one who ran Capcom last gen was the head of the family and he passed down most of the work to his son now. The son being someone who actually understands the appeal of Capcom games decides to focus on it's core franchises and on it's games again rather than outsourcing to western studios and shit.

RE3 is LITERALLY reused assets though so its not so wrong in this instance

>15m
how much they pay those brain-dead retards?!

The only elitism I see is classicfags still trying to find ways to shit on the Remake despite being increasingly wrong.

shipped

Is there any more DLC planned? Loved the game and got all the records (except gunslinger) and thinking about selling my copy now.

Game design in Survive was piss poor, that's the main reason it did so badly. If the engine had a few hiccups here and there but the game still had that general MGS quality it wouldn't have bombed in sales and reception.
>Game performs bad.
>So this engine not really a godsend.
That doesn't really say much about the engine though when we know that MGS5 ran pretty damn great even on toasters. If the point you were trying to make was that Fox Engine was shit because Survive ran poorly, have you stopped to maybe consider that Survive was poorly optimized by the programmers, most likely due to time or budget constraints? A lot of optimization in games has to be done game side and not engine side, the engine is just a framework to build off of and majority of mechanics and gameplay is implemented in the actual game code itself, not internally inside the engine. If the game code was rushed and just cobbled together without any optimization passes by the programmers, that could explain the poor performance issues. Lazy devs can make even a great engine run like shit if they bog it down with shitty code.

Tell me a decent thing Konami has done in the past 5 years. They may not be as evil as EA or Activision but theyre pretty fucking dumb

No, the answer is RE4 is not nearly as popular as it's dedicated fanbase imagine it to be.

No because of a simple rule of thumb with sales vs quality:

High sales + positive feedback >low sales + positive feedback >high sales + negative feedback >low sales + negative feedback

There is a reason we dont have actionshit now.

Attached: A36A7BE9-02C9-4BBD-8449-103E496B820D.jpg (640x631, 142K)

Two more waves of DLC are planned. What they are yet, we don't know.

What this user said I don't really see much smug RE elitism coming from the new games at all, just anons talking about and enjoying the new game with each other. Yet every single thread always sees people come in and try to start an argument about how the new RE games are shit because they deviate from the classic formulas. Why not just go play the classic RE games then and let people enjoy their new one?

Why would you sell it? You'd probably get 20 dollars back at most

Free?

yep

I know I semi-inadvertently convinced at least a handful of horny & lonely people here (who would otherwise have ignored the game) to buy the PC version by making sexy screenshots and webms of the nude mod

Attached: Claire abdomen.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

Capcom has been on a redeeming streak lately, I can be happier only with DGS localization already.

>D-DELET THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!?

capcom themselves do not combine numbers. Post some actual facts or fuck off. Capcom do NOT combine. You dont just take a 2016 port of RE4 and pretend it contributes to the 2005 gamecube launch. Get fucked.

>Lazy devs can make even a great engine run like shit if they bog it down with shitty code.
It was MGS style game right after MGSV released. Same company, same devs, yet game performs worse.
So maybe engine not so great, just Kojimahack used all that time to optimise engine for his 1 game only.

Even PES running 720p on Xbox One, which means PES devs also really can't use that engine properly.

All I ever see from RE2make fags is how it's the most superior RE game ever made apparently and everything else might as well be shit to them. Classics, RE4, all shit apparently compared to RE2. I hate them so fucking much and their constant fucking circle jerk shitting up discussion of any other RE game because apparently it's not as good as RE2make where all you do is speedrun as fast as possible.

Also the bossfights in RE2make fucking suck and that's just true.

>you dont split the sales figures for a game that gets a multiplat release so its disingenuous to do it now

Now who is being disingenuous? A multiplat launch release is NOT the same as ports. So its the opposite you DO split future release ports from the orginal launch. You 100% do this. YOU are the one being disengenuous.

The PS4/xbone port of RE6 outsold the PS4/xbone port of RE4.

>WHY ARE THEY SPEEDRUNNING
>WHY DO THE BOSSES SUCK
t. has never touched a Resident Evil game

Barely anybody says that. Even if it was, Stop treating people as a collective. Also, Bosses are great and you can dodge everything with correct movement.

Hey! What are you looking at!

>4 million copies in 1 month
>"Guys i seriously cannot tell if this is good or bad"
What are you an EA executive?

I'd assume so, maybe we'll get a big paid expansion someday but they're doing the MH:W model. They're doing the same free content strategy for DMC5, too.

need to sell 700 billions copies or its a flop

You cant just throw updated copies on the heap and claim lifetime sales. You dont take REmake HD remaster for example, and add it to the 2002 gamecube launch REmake. Thats not how thinngs work. Thats literally not how CAPCOM THEMSLEVES consider listing sales. A HD port DECADES after the fact is not a simultainious multiplatform release. Stop pretending it is.

You do know classic games are also made to be run through as fast as possible? Are you shitposting? You're literally ranked in classic games. Bosses in the remake are better just for the fact that you can play them. S Tyrant in the original dies from 2 magnum shots and then you kill him with the rocket launcher.

That's a shame, user. I think RE2make is the third best RE game ever made, but it doesn't make the classics shit, if anything it elevates them. I'll still play classic RE1 despite loving REmake to death, and I'll do the same with classic RE2. People are just passionate right now; something that was raped into the ground is finally back on top form, and i know those posters annoy you, but the vast majority of us are just so glad RE is back and that's worth celebrating.

five million it was

So that's physical right? Wonder how much more digital is, has to be amazingly high

I have never seen that ever unless it was in retaliation to classicfags acting like retards

Not even sold. You stupid fools whine about too many zombie games and remakes, then you support this trash.

I'm normally a physical fag but even I bought this digitally because I didn't want to wait longer than midnight to play it.

Digital has to be at least the same number, probably morr

Oh no, how will it ever get another 960k sales!

Attached: 1.png (585x178, 58K)

That's a jap publisher my man

kek the fuck are you talking about. Show me a post where any of that is being said and maybe I'll believe you. It's always classicfags stirring shit up and whining about how the new game ruins the old games while no one listens to them.

RE4's bosses didn't suck. And say what you want about RE5, but the bosses didn't suck with that game either. I'll say that's one thing everyone's right about with RE2make and that's the fact the bosses are garbage.

>obnoxious RE4fags are finally realising how they treated classicfags back then is now being turned on them and no matter how hard he screams that RE4 is actually really good he is being told to fuck off and that [new game] is actually better

Irony.

4 million is really good! I'm happy to see Capcom is good again.

Capcom's Platinum Titles list is to show investors what each of their releases make. It's a good indicator for sure but I don't know why you think they have some Hardline stance on no combined numbers. Even RE5 and Gold Edition are separated. RE4 sold a lot for it's time, with GC, PS2, and Wii alone. About 6 million. And even if isnt the greatest selling game ever made it's certainly not a "cult" game. What I AM saying is that the REmake numbers definitely blew Capcom away and they decided to move away from RE4

le low sales fags are so fucking stupid. You know that the game can be profitable even if it sell just 5 copies? What matters is how big was the budget, and that budget was small for RE2. Reused assets from RE7; engine that was already done; no need to make everything from scratch, because it's a remake etc.

Yes and? Did you even read my post? RE4 is the better game though.

You're mentally ill, living in a world of perceived slights.

More like put off by the controls. I'm playing RE3 now and the game keeps throwing hordes against you but it all controls like ass.

I've never seen RE4 fans act elitist, or like classic games shouldn't exist anymore.

Does anyone else playing RE2 on PC play with a controller? How do you deal with precision headshots and leg shots while zombies are moving? The extra modes are a complete bitch for me because of this, I somehow made due during the A/B scenarios but I can't for the life of me complete 4th survivor because it's damn near impossible for me personally to chain a bunch of shots against crowds of zombies close to me while they're all swaying around on a controller. Do I switch back to mouse and keyboard for speedrunning?

So you're a REfah huh. Figures.

M-more?

>WE NOT SERR TEN MIRRIONS?
>CANCELLED

>compare it to a game from 1998 with lower production values, expectations and from a gen where gaming was a bit less mainstream than it is supposed to be today

Lmao, pc fat can't handle the sophistication of analog controls

Attached: RE Pyramid.jpg (993x1217, 284K)

PC is probably close to a cool million, PS4 + Xbone probably another 2-3 mil.

If it sold that well they might even port it to Switch at some point

That's because RE4fags didn't have to worry about classic games until now. Whatever happened to classicfags is happening to them lol.

What's that? Bosses that require precise aiming are good? What a novel concept.

How long before OP transitions fully? Will it be livestreamed?

SE are infamously retarded
Hopefully they drop the westaboo meme before it kills them

I'd switch CV and RE7 but spot on otherwise

>That's because RE4fags didn't have to worry about classic games until now.
Nobody is worried about classic games, you dumb moron. RE2make isn't even close to being class other than the level layout being similar. It has as about as much common with classic RE as RE7 does.

Precise timing with good movement. That's as good as classic games in OTS. No QTE to save your ass from attacks either.

>people think 4 million in one month is bad
>for a literal remake that didn't take that long to make
I can smell the asshurt from the nuREfags from here.

Wow they scrapped a pretty cool looking ui honestly

Quite a lot then. People always said RE7 was a step back to the ps1 games in first person.

>RE4 sold a lot for it's time, with GC, PS2, and Wii alone. About 6 million.

See, you are doing this shit again. Wii port was 2 YEARS LATER. You cant just throw that on the pile. It robs the initial success or failure of a game of any context. And context matters. You dont get to call RE4 of 2005 a success because adter over a decade of memes people in 2016 bought some copies of the game. Its disengenuous.

Digital sales are something like roughly 30% of the total sales for a console game. PC games almost exclusively do digital sales but they are generally only around 10%-15% of the total sales. So if it sold 4 million physical (which it didn't, these are shipment numbers) you can expect somewhere around 6 million total sales across all platforms and including digital. That figure there is probably somewhere between 70%-80% of total meaningful lifetime sales based on the way things usually go. It's not likely to double this number by next year or something.

shit image

And yet the Yea Forums classic elitists still hate the shit out of it for some reason despite everyone else liking it.

Pretty good.

>brainless retard unable to understand basic Zero mechanics

This.
But the fact he didnt even put RE6 on The piramid make It ok

you people are fucking delusional holy shit.
if capcom had sold that much digitally they would be bragging left and right.

>I've never seen RE4 fans act elitist

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FAGGOT OK THEN. there are LITERALLY RE4 fans who come into threads saying "RE is a shit franchise and RE4 is the ONLY good game" you are either new to RE threads or being retarded on purpose.

See, this is exactly what I mean. Only a dumbass elitist would even bother making a stupid image like this. And everybody claiming there's no such thing will turn around and circle jerk around something like this as they are now.

Attached: 1529106346760.jpg (960x720, 101K)

>elitists
That's why. If people hated RE7, you can get your dick the same faggots would love it.

>RE2make isn't even close to being class other than the level layout being similar

Its certainly nothing like RE4

Oh people understand...that is why people know Its shit

Well I look at your post, and I see how retarded you must be, so It doesn't really matter much what you say.

Attached: 02165b35c08549912d51c629011ef69907bbaa7b9fef1be4dcf418a98d98588a.png (616x480, 199K)

This.

Sorry user, but what you said doesn't happen, literally happens all the time and i have had to see it for years. So my kneejerk reaction was that you HAD to be shitposting.

Except for the third person over the shoulder shooting. The action segment that was left in with the alligator. Weapon upgrades. More sci-fi umbrella stuff that's just plane ridiculous. A large inventory.

Whatever though, I guess you're right besides that.

Attached: 1468028642486.png (238x238, 78K)

What? People always rank games from franchises they like. Are you just braindead?

Well when I look at your post I see an obvious shitpost, and I don't see many elitist on Yea Forums talking about Re4 in any positive light because everyone here has to be contrarion as fuck.

Can you read? I made it through both campaigns with a controller. 4th survivor is beyond me with it, there's too many back to back precision shots on too many enemies to make playing with a controller viable for me.

Why does Yea Forums and Yea Forums alwats schizophrenics guess and change goalppsts on the budget of every game? All these threads ever are is people raising the cost of the game as high as possible to insist it was a flop

>simple mechanic
>its shit
i see you are still butthurt for not getting the game on your shit ps2

That's awesome!

RE3 remake... I can't wait.

I think these games are in a new timeline.

Maybe we'll see the original story of Code Veronica and stuff, like it was supposed to be, without the Super Wesker bullshit.

Attached: 1546967872711.gif (249x214, 594K)

>left in from RE2
>makes it like RE4
you're making yourself look stupider every post, you're really butthurt about people talking about games you clearly know nothing about

I literally don't see anyone except for Yea Forums autistis doing it because they want to act smug about how correct their preferences are, and then act like because they made an image declaring it to be fact that it must be true.

Weapon upgrades???? Umbrella also has been comically evil since the first one. Did you really play the OG RE2 to make the comparison?

>Animeposter
What did you think?

Because they're desperately ill. One more success that they hate and they'll lose all sense of meaning and cut their dick off

wesker bullshit was fine till they release the game for your shit console

Original RE2 didn't have weapon upgrades. I know that. Weapon upgrades was started by RE4. Also, the Umbrella facility didn't nearly look at clean and sci-fi in the original as it does now in RE2make, a trend started by Re4 onward.

So, how long until we get digital numbers? Does RE7's 6 million count digital?

>liking an anime game
retard

Yes it fucking did. Leon's handgun got an upgrade.

I wonder how many are digital

FUCK
WHY DID IT SELL 4M
DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS

Attached: 1537251098058.gif (480x247, 1.92M)

Matrix Wesker is good though. The bossfights were actually creative with him.

Attached: 1527216581990.jpg (447x540, 77K)

>Caring about console shit when the game is on PC
Oh you are those kind of retard.
Just stay mad over the fact they Will never bring that shit mechanics back because well,they are shit.

And RE2make fags seriously think they're not elitist shitposting autists when they make posts like this.

Attached: 1470547384064.gif (260x260, 1.36M)

Those numbers are a bit disappointing but not surprising

The marketing was really absent for some reason

I do think the game cost less than Re6 or 7, those "800 worked on the darn thing" doesnt prove shit

For all we know 200 of them worked only a week on it

Nobody knows how much Capcom spent on the project but if they are celebrating their numbers thats a good thing I guess

If a Re3 remake really is made then that will mean that re2r was a success

DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS DEMAKE SUCKS

Attached: 1543605692465.gif (332x300, 3.27M)

Nigger despite it's popularity RE is still a niche japshit game compared to other big AAA titles.
Also making zombies near bullet proof and having you chased by some fedora fag on steroids for half the game doesn't appeal to most people, myself included.
So yes, 4 million units sold is great for a niche title.

>Original RE2 didn't have weapon upgrades. I know that.

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure there's an upgrade that gives burst fire for the handgun. Might have been more.

I swear I will buy it once I get a salary.
BUT I will keep the pirated copy in case they fix the knife thing, I want to keep experimenting with it.

Woah.... I guess this is the power or RE2make...

Attached: 1544076777983.jpg (514x703, 61K)

RE2make fag has lost it.

Attached: 1546186781472.png (376x367, 54K)

truly a credible [src]

Seems to me like one of your discord autists snapped
Maybe you will be transitioning sooner than we thought

Attached: 1489702458227.jpg (600x400, 23K)

>Being this butthurt

>Original RE2 didn't have weapon upgrades

Yes it did.

You forget the meme Arrow in retard and the "you can only choose both"

don't tell the underage

Attached: 1512371781349.jpg (628x434, 210K)

marketing would be a huge chunk of that, probably about 40%

More proof that you haven't played RE2

> same company
> same Devs

No

I mean do you guys know another horror franchise selling that much ? Beside Re I don't

Dead space ? Dead
Silent hill ? Dead
Evil within ? Dead

literally just one upgrade then.

It hurts. I miss survival horror, I'm glad RE is back but we could have so much more.

It was even a good game

Why are you so fucking stupid

Yeah, so you were wrong again.

He's wrong about everything. Why do people keep posting in these poor bait threads?

>REmake is so good it makes classicfags LITERALLY go insane
Damn. Capcom should turn this into an ad, normie chads would absolutely eat this shit up if something like this ran on the Superbowl.
>LEARN ONE TRICK TO MAKE INCELS SEETHING MAD!
>RESIDENT EVIL 2: NOW IN STORES!

I don't know, I feel like most non-autistic classic fans like it. I know I do. It's kids who started with something like RE5 pretending to know about the old games freaking out

There were three upgrades for Leon. Pistol, Shotgun and Magnum.

None for Claire, because Sam Raimi wrote the original script and it was a different time.

Not him but fuck off with the raimi meme

Haven't played it very much (just reached the third fight against William Birkin) but I'm legit impressed with the remake. Yeah, it's shorter and smaller in scope compared to the original game but it has been its own amazing thing.

>that feel of anus clenching when I had to stealth through two lickers and one zombie

>non-autistic
Keyword. Anyone without autism isn't bothered by any of this, whether the game is good or not. Only autists want the game to be horrendously awful and suffer sales wise, or be the best thing ever and the best selling of all time.

>daily RE4 threads
>delusioniggers convinced in every thread it saved RE

Yeah no.

Literally were just wrong then. The REmake 2 upgrade system is EXACTLY like RE2 and NOTHING like RE4.

>not wanting your favorite franchise to be ruined more if you consider the new gmae shit is having autism
fifty shill

Please make a new Onimusha and Dino Crisis
PLEASE

>cheap remake of 20 years old game sells more than high budget AAAA cinematic father simulator games
God of War sold 5 million copies in it's first month
RE2 only hit 4 million, and that's while launching on PS4/Xbox/PC
stop spreading lies and misinformation you fucking retard
ign.com/articles/2018/05/25/god-of-war-sales-top-5-million-in-the-first-month

Attached: connor.jpg (1600x1452, 150K)

>GoW is the only AAA dad simulator game that exists
Please don't be willfully ignorant to prove a point user.

Fuck Dead Rising, we don’t need another one.

How does it ruin your franchise though? The days of classic RE games are long gone, so much so now that the majority of RE games don't fit that formula anymore. Classic RE has been dead for years, autists whining about how RE2 remake will "kill" their franchise are late to the train. That being said RE2 remake was great and I hope we get more games like that, far preferred it out of all of the other recent RE titles.

Actually RE2 hasn’t sold 4 million, it has shipped 4 million.

Attached: 20190227050041_1.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

>Being this mad about vidya games

its pretty good for japanese devs. they dont do risky western AAA marketing that always has to sell over 10 million copies

nah its just the fact that zoomers are used to inflated numbers that mean nothing, 4 million is a TON and anyone saying otherwise is a fucking retard zoomer

Capcom aren't westcucks, 4 million is more than enough to cover the dev costs

>TR was developed by japanese devs
user please.

GoW is a system seller and not a from niche genre like RE2 you dumb inbred.

He clearly meant that it was a jap publisher since he was talking about sales expectations.

Retarded thread full of people making shit go to suit their basic bitch opinion about a zombie game

>re2 niche genre

fuck off mate

Its a very small game. I'd say production costs were low.

Survivor horror has always been a niche genre, you have no idea on what you're talking about.

Survival horror is not a big genre, get over it.

>99% of the sales of a non nintendo games are done in the first 2 weeks of its release.
>It's not a fact you can debate
You can obviously debate your bull shit with easy to prove facts
Horizon Zero Dawn sold 2.6 million copies In two weeks in March 2017. 3.4 million copies by June 2017.
It hit 7.6 million after 12 months
Uncharted 4 did 2.7 in it's first week in May, but hit 8.5 million before the end of the year
expect Spider-Man, God of War, and even Resident Evil 2 to have better sales figures when they hit 1 year
gamespot.com/articles/horizon-zero-dawn-sells-26-million-copies-in-two-w/1100-6448779/
ign.com/articles/2017/06/06/horizon-zero-dawn-has-now-sold-34-million-copies
blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/28/horizon-zero-dawn-celebrates-its-first-birthday-surpasses-7-6-million-sales/

Attached: 1546106879608.jpg (1000x667, 256K)

dragons dogma when?

Ah yes, the legendary zoomerbait, Survival horror.

Literally their second best launch on steam only behind MHW.

4 million isn't bad considering how little development time an 8 hour game must've had.

stop making excuses holy shit, resident evil 2 is not a niche games.

>post states RE2 sold more
>no it didn't
>move goalposts, of course it's a niche genre

>Stop using valid arguments, I don't have anything to counter it.

Attached: 1548244822623.jpg (570x587, 43K)

>tfw no hooni bf

You're retarded if you think RE2 was a niche game when it released. That game sold gangbusters on PSX and was what tons of people were buying the console for

the "first month sales being the only thing that matters" myth has been outdated for most major publishers for a while
I remember Ubi saying the same, a year or two ago
long term sale and support are becoming more important
the focus is less off the launch day numbers

Calling a zombie TPS niche is a pretty stupid argument.

Survival horror has always been a niche, RE2 was a phenomenon, and can't use an exception to make the rule.

>Every zombie shooter is the same

The only stupid argument here is yours.

If you are referring to The Last of Us,
that has done 17 million lifetime sales
something no Resident Evil game has reached
RE5 only has 12 million, while being sold on 5 different platforms
RE6 is at 10 million
pushsquare.com/news/2018/06/the_last_of_us_has_sold_an_outrageous_17_million_units_on_ps4_ps3

4 was so good I can hardly see why people wouldn't like it except for the fact that it wasn't resident evily enough. After a bunch of game, it's really good to try out new things and re4 is the proof of that.

It's very good you fucking retard. Anthem had plans for 6 and it was supposed to be the biggest thing ever. This is just a little game that could

Fuck off, if they give me international releases of DDR then I wouldn't be so fucking livid.

Do you stalk every thread to jump at the chance to suck sony's cock? Curious

>contrarian whining about contrarians

Please stop with the “LOL TORTANIC GAME WAS A TOTAL FAILURE” shit. Most games are middle of the line in success and popularity and thinking something failed because it sold 4 MILLION copies is beyond delusion.

>movies still more popular than games

stop the presses

>Who needs that in the age of UE4? You can't sell engine. And how much time and money he spent on MGSV? And still not finished it.
Tell that to the RE Engine. Fuck UE4.

No need to be upset because you've been btfo friend.

keep moving those goalposts

RDR2 sold more than 17 million in like a month
I remember because I pointed it out to some morons who thought the TLOU was one of the most popular normie games ever

Not even him, it's just clear you're some 15 year old browsing threads wanting to fight with people about games no one here gives a shit about

If you actually look at RE2 and compare it to 7 you realize they actually didn't do a lot to make it. (relatively)

-The body damage mechanic was ported from 7
-Half the items in the world are directly from 7
-They already know how to make a 3rd person shooter
-They already know how to make 3rd person cameras
-all the UI is from 7
-all the item interaction fundamentals are from 7

RE2 is a cleverly recycled 7 which is probably why they are saying it's a success.

I never said The Last of Us outsold Red Dead

Attached: you.png (625x626, 66K)

okay

I'm sorry that proven statistics that about TLOU sales being massively superior to RE2 sales has upset you so much.

>Steam ensures steady longterm sales
yeah, at 95% reduced prices

Its pretty obvious that RE2 was a rushed budget game, I bet that their main goal was to test the waters to see if survivor horror could still sell well, they still did a great job with it tho.

I don't like scary shit either but scariness in-game is only effective if the scary things are also deadly. The game is easy as shit, especially once you learn how to deal with enemies properly, so the enemies, and subsequently game, quickly loses its luster.

Same thing happened in Alien: Isolation. Regular humans are only scary because if you shoot them, the ayylien will come out and you can't do anything so you shit your pants when he's around. Then you get the flamethrower and basically become a god.

>buy overprice shit game at 60€
>buy discounted game at 5€
>don't buy game
you are a retard if you think getting no profit at all is better than selling it for 5€

This.

Profit is only profit if your margin is acceptable enough to help your business to grow. Seriously, fuck retard consumers that think anything $0.0001 over breaking even is a good job. There are overheads to be paid for. Sometimes its NOT worth devaluing your product for that.

>sometimes is not worth getting profit
i didn't knew i was talking with a shill . keep up the good job

Beat A/B scenario, what should I do now? Is Hardcore fun, or hard for the sake of being hard? Or should I try to speedrun standard?

No, you are talking with someone who runs a business, and i am talking to someone who fits into 99.9% of people in this world: wanting something for nothing, or not wanting to pay what things cost.

>Is Hardcore fun, or hard for the sake of being hard?
Thats seriously one of the dumbest questions I've read here, hard will only be fun if you enjoy actual challenge, thats pretty much it, so if you're a shitter avoid it completely so you won't waste time coming back here to complain about sponge enemies, artificial difficulty or whatever.

Clean your wall

Thats actually just how the paint is

>the only way to make something hard is sponge enemies

>so if you're a shitter avoid it completely so you won't waste time coming back here to complain about sponge enemies, artificial difficulty or whatever.
How do you get any of that out of my post? There's a clear difference in games between fun challenges and "fuck you for the sake of fuck you" challenges, I'm just curious to know which one RE2's Hardcore is. If it's like Standard with a higher focus on ammo management then I'll probably enjoy it, is it like that?

Yes it does.

Like clockwork

The game literally describes it for you mate.

Survive is an iterative improvement over V in every way though. Kojima obviously wasn't in charge of implementing gameplay mechanics

Game dev tycoon plz go.

Attached: 1550979453327.jpg (654x636, 46K)

>the "first month sales being the only thing that matters" myth has been outdated for most major publishers for a while

I don't think it was a myth, it's just not as true as it once was and I think the reason for that is there's a lot less games that are worth playing being released these days. Back in the day you quickly got buried. Big games had to get high promotion re-releases, like the platinum series and shit like that, to get a second wind. In 12 months time how many games do you think will have been released that will eclipse REmake 2? Half a dozen maybe? Even that might be being generous. Another thing worth noting is long tails come from massive discounts. It's not quite that amazing when you sell 5 million copies 12 months later if that's equivalent in profit to selling 1.5 million in the first week at launch price.

What the heck my man, survive is much heavier on the graphics than V, and no other engine can produce games with as fluid motion as FOX

>rushed
Ya okay

i'm sorry you are unable to think how to make games hard outside of TAKE 5000000 BULLETS TO KILL A ENEMY
dont worry you still have your job at crapcum :)

Jordan

Bring back Darkstalkers.

literally does not

Haha, you can't get more steroutypical can you!? But I guess you're just not capable to point the shotgun at the zombie's head and a press button, must be a pain being a brainlet.

Go back to fortnite zoomy

Yea ForumstendoGaf is spinning good sales into a bad thing because a game isn't on their mcdonalds tablet.

stereotypical*

please no
let the corpse rest in peace
i've seeing enough necrophilia

RE5 sold so well because it was THE benchmark game for 7th generation of consoles

Have these characters ever appeared in the same game?

What should my splits be for a standard A speedrun if I'm trying to get S for the infinite ammo handgun? In particular I'm curious about these, approximately. Need to know at which points I should reload and restart if I didn't make it in time.
>ingame timer after first RPD section
>ingame timer after first parking lot section on return to RPD
> ingame timer after finishing second RPD section and leaving the parking lot with ada
>ingame timer after finishing sewers

lol idiot

its 2019 and people like you still dont understand that games sell 70%-80% of their lifetimesales in the first month after release.

>RE2 is my favorite game of all time. Played it first back in 1998. You're joking if you dont think i had not been waiting for REmake 2 since 2002. If you think i wasn't nervously waiting for 3 years after we do it. That i didn't follow all the news intently after E3. There will be a LOT of RE boomers like me.
This

I agree, user.

Attached: 1550403349595.jpg (1080x1080, 125K)

It was also a great game.

I was so happy back when they said the whole original series was going to be remade. So much disappointment when GC just got straight ports of RE2 and RE3 instead.

So do I.

Attached: 1550204708223.webm (640x640, 811K)

For S+ standard you can take your time, even go for the MAG/SMG if you want to, you got about 50minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes in the station, an hour in the sewers and then just run the labs a quickly as possible, shouldn't take more than half an hur if yu know the puzzle codes.
You shouldn't need to save at all in standard either the autosaves mean if you die you wont lose all that much progress.

Attached: Enjoying_Froot_Loops.jpg (535x798, 140K)

Yeah uh, i don't remember them saying that and want to see sauce. I'd believe it if you said "re-released".

RE1 Remake was always a one off in my memory and we were HOPING they would remake the rest.

>an hur if yu
I think I might have a brain tumor or something, what the fuck, I don't even know what I was trying to write

as does MOMMY!

Attached: 1551232816253.jpg (400x813, 84K)

Not him but I remember those old Nintendo magazines as a kid got me hyped because it was doing REmake coverage and Capcom said they would REmake the others for GC if the first did well enough. I've been hype since.

Nothing more depressing than middle age woman desperate for attention, still would tho.

I just started the run, by 50 hours to 1 hour 10 minutes in the station do you mean the entire station run, up to the parking lot escape? Because I just opened the secret tunnel with 3 medallions with a time of 27 minutes, I think that's way too slow on my end isn't it?

That's what I remember as well. It may not have been an "announcement" but it was a pretty strong >implication

Thats advertisement. The game of telling the biggest lie without being able to be sued.

Either way I'm glad you guys reminded me of nintendo power and brady strategy guides in the before before time.

Attached: get a loada this guy.jpg (376x450, 34K)

UE4 is a trash engine westaboo. you only use this chink trash if you have no budget or talent to make your own tech.

yeah I'm talking escape onto the streets, 27minutes for secret tunnel isn't bad as long as you know how to kill G1 quickly, just make sure you have a route planned out to get the electical parts.
Standard is very forgiving with time in general, in my standard S+ run I had time to go back to the station and get the RDS for the lighning hawk and I still finished with 40 minutes spare.

yes you are

this little kid thinks he's smart

Wait, I just realized something. Does loading the game or pressing continue keep the timer running? Because I died to G1 and something looks a bit off on the timer after I hit continue.

Also thanks, I'll keep that 27 minute time then for now. I just don't want to fuck up early game and end up having to restart later, I'd rather do a near perfect run at the beginning than end up realizing I have to grind over and over again near the end.

>MHW brought Capcom record revenues throughout 2018
>RE2make hit 4 Million physical in a January that had two other major Japanese releases
>MMXLC sold 930k in 2018, MM11 sold 870k in three months, and both will hit Capcom's Million-seller list by their next quarterly report
>DMC5 has the most pre-release excitement of any game in its series, a series where even the worst games have done millions
I normally don't care about sales and financials of game companies as a whole, but Capcom making money for doing good things means they'll keep doing good things. Now we just have to hope that their revenue streams from SFV are drying up so we can get a good fighting game soon.

Attached: 1535752747398.jpg (400x400, 32K)

good, re7 was shit and the remake is worse than the original, nu-capcom can't do horror at all, go back to vanquish gameplay at least RE will be fun again

Attached: tenor[1].gif (434x244, 1.83M)

If you die loading or continuing from your death screen will keep the time you lost from death.
If you do die at any point hit continue and once your back in game pause it and load your latest save/autosave from the pause menu that way you wont lose time from a death.

>implying any of this is good
dragon's dogma 2 or fuck off

Clothed lewd > nude lewd
Imagination is always more alluring than reality.

Just make a dedicated Mercenaries game that plays like RE6 Mercs on steroids but in the RE Engine.

where the fuck is RE horror exactly? RE7 is full of memes from evil dead and RE2 doesn't even have constricted controls, you can literally run circles around the zombies, horror my ass you dumb zoomer faggot shit

Thanks, I'll make sure to do this. Maybe I should just restart and do the run again because I'm pretty sure I died to a zombie earlier on, I just can't remember. I'm at 32 minutes at the typewriter after G1 right now, guess I need to rush the next area as fast as possible.

Please let that Rogue-like mode be dlc. At least add raid mode, please?

4 million is actually great number when you run your team efficiently and have actual talent. of course if youre a gigantic mess like EA, ubisoft, bethesda, etc. and you hire hundreds of talentless women, trannies, and other retards lounging around pretending theyre working, pretending to be managers and have "giving ideas" and demanding huge time off and vacations and accomodations, then you need to sell a lot more than 4 million.

>look how contrarian i am

Attached: 1484050863306.gif (413x192, 1.29M)

Sort of yeah. Pachinko market is verybdlppdeddhdh

Those guys blow most of their budget on advertising thinking they can reach Red Dead numbers if they try hard enough.

I wonder if they’ll release total sales of RE2, I know it sold damn well on steam, not to mention console digital sales. I wouldn’t be shocked if it had another million in sales right there.

It entirely depends on how hot the girl's naked body is.
The best nude bodies trump all skimpy clothes

Attached: skeptic Claire.jpg (828x808, 132K)

Nah.

I know you are baiting but a good bait has to grounded in reality, no one is this fucking retarded.

the imagination is only more alluring than the reality if the reality does not live up to your expectations

Capcom shows their sales in Quarterly reports. They'll drop it into the Million Seller list with its actual sales in a few months.

I love Alyson's body. Weird to think she did Claire 20 years ago but is still hot now.

This was a deleted pic on her private twitter she tagged a guy hornyposting at her in. She just likes to cyber her fans.

Really sad and depressing.

>not being one of the chads who DMd her and got to smash that claire puss
sad indeed, user, wish I knew that feel.

>Chad

Chads are railing fresh pussy user, used goods are easy mode.

Don't start this shit again nigga.

>thanks to all of you
>to celebrate
They wouldn't say that the game sold poorly but i wouldn't expect them to go out of the way like that if it wouldn't meet their expectations.

Nothing to start, just stating a fact, she wouldn't be giving attention to some e-virgins if she was still in her prime.

imo looking like this is her prime because milfs > young thots

Attached: acourtroom.png (360x480, 246K)

>Well made games that don't baby you and pander to the lowest common denominator.
>Continuous free content every so often
>Sells well.
I think capcom is on to something but I still think half baked thrash for the sake of diversity with paid dlc out of the ass is the way to go.

She is still hot, but def not as hot as she was 20 years ago.

Attached: lncwFbM.gif (480x360, 2.44M)

re2 remake is great game, maybe even goty material but lets be fair, it doesn't look all that big and expensive like some other triple A titles (rdr2 or ff xv) so 4M might still be big success for them.

Speedrun user, are you still here? Give me some more advice on planning out my route. I'm at 49:07 inside the clocktower on my first standard Leon A speedrun, just grabbed the electrical part there. I have both personal safes but haven't opened either yet, I haven't gotten the jewelry box with the dongle in it yet but I do have the jewel. Do I have time in my run to go open the safes for an extra hip pouch and ammo, go grab the box with the dongle in it, go to stars and grab the magnum, all while being chased by Mr. X? Or will that take too much time, especially considering Mr. X segments are sorta RNG based? Should I go straight to the parking garage to finish the electrical part puzzle instead and say fuck the magnum and fuck the hip pouch / shells?

You should only be using the handgun until you get the flamethrower, which is a G2 bosskiller. Then in NEST main the shotty and horde powders for it. Magnum, and safe keys, aren't used in speedruns and you should be leaving sewers around 50 mins, not still in the RPD. Not speedrunanon but a speedfag nonetheless.

Attached: Screenshot_10.png (322x329, 188K)

That isnt true though. RE7 shipped less in its first month but currently stands at 6 million copies sold. Hell even Monster Hunter World eventually managed to sell 11 million copies as of now according to Capcom on their official site for investors

fug... so did I fuck up completely then? I'm not trying to speed run for competition, I just really want the infinite ammo gun so I can dick around and then maybe think about speedrunning with that. In case it's not obvious I'm a shitter, the 3.5 hour cutoff is considered a speedrun to me. My Leon A playthrough took me 6 hours, and my Claire B playthrough took me 6.5.

i expected to see a small RE6 icon somewhere at the bottom with some insult written over it.

Why do western games have to usually sell some ridiculous amount to be profitable?

>Evil within ? Dead
what? really?

Attached: fdfj.png (73x56, 5K)

One more speedrunning related question- does loading a save change Mr. X's location? I could've sworn this has happened a few times, shit like where my save has Mr. X behind me, not on the way to my location at all, and then when I reload the save and start running he'll come out of a door in front of me and smack me. Also, how do you speedy speed boys get around him in tight hallways without taking hits? I've tried doing the shit where I bait him into a punch, step back, and then run around him, but 90% of the time that results in him whiffing the punch but then doing that animation where he grabs me and throws me to the ground when I try to step around him while he's in his recovery animation. Is there a trick I'm not aware of?

Pretty impressive for a game that doesn't even have ads in my city. On the other hand, I see posters for Anthem everywhere and it's trash.

Capcom wouldn't be crowing about the numbers if RE2 if it was a financial failure.

If it sold so well, then were's all the Sherry porn?

Checkmate.

Considering the new DMC won't even get half of the sales that RE2 got, I'd say its a success.

>pc consists of 10% of vidya sales
this is a straight up lie

Fug, alright, at the sewer entrance save at 59 minutes. Didn't get the safe deposit room hip pouches or ammo, didn't get the magnum, and I've only got around 20 handgun bullets, 7 shells, and 1 grenade as far as offensive items. Panicked and used a lot of flashes to get away from lickers and Mr. X at the same time earlier. Are my chances still good for an S finish, with 2.5 hours left, if I'm a shitter who took 59 minutes to get to the alligator without collecting any additional side goodies? Or should I go back and try to improve on that time?

You should be thankful that, as they have said themselves before, they don't care about sales so much anymore and want to make great fun games they'd play themselves first and foremost. The messy inafune days where they kept trying to chase impossible numbers are gone. Capchads are back.

Attached: 1528986806811.png (1258x479, 426K)

>DMC4 sold over 2 million before 4SE bumped it over 4 million
>DMC5, with more marketing and fan excitement behind it, somehow won't break 2 million

You're fairly screwed if you're gunning for an S and only have those resources. You can live without the magnum, but the hip pouch is necessary

Maybe on steam but on ps4, in the longterm, I just buy the game dirt cheap used from gamestop.

how do the infinite ammo unlocks in this game work? once you unlock an infinite ammo weapon on a specific character, do you just start with it in your inventory on all future runs, regardless of scenario or character you chose? does the game let you use infinite ammo weapons to speedrun for rank and unlock others? ie, if you unlock the infinite ammo handgun on leon A on standard, unlock the infinite durability knife on claire b on standard, does that mean then you can start a leon A run on hardcore with both the infinite ammo handgun and infinite durability knife and use them to clear the game faster and get the infinite ammo smg?

4 million units shipped, bro. That's physical only. Then Steam alone has an additional 1~2 million copies and there's no way to know how many digital copies have sold on the consoles.

For a side project, it did phenomenally well.

Attached: RE2.jpg (588x784, 87K)

>niche genre vs established genre
DMC5 won't hit 2 million.

It will because of the memes, not because it's a good game (it really isn't). You'd be right if the game had to sell on its own merits. You are correct though. Even they know the game sucks, otherwise they would not need to resort to memetic shilling as hard as they are.

Capcom shipment numbers include digital sales. They state this on their IR page. It isn't 4 milloon units sold, its 4 million shippped but the shipment numbers include sales.

I'd like a remake with better QoL.
Or hell, make a sequel but make it a separate timeline from the others.

Doubtful. That would mean that PC accounts for at least 25% of all sales which is almost never the case. it's usually only about 1/6th at the very best.

>For a side project

REmake 2 is NOT a side project.

>juat add the numbers of ports nearly a decade apart and pretend its one number

Im getting real tired of these gymnastics

I mean I hope it does well. But when DmC had its massive marketing campaign and struggled to hit 1 million sales in its first year, I can't help but wonder how well DMC5.

DMC4 itself still sold the best of the series up to that point with well over 2 million sales. It still doesn't make sense that DMC5 would somehow not reach vanilla 4's numbers given the anticipation it has.

It's true, go to their IR page. They openly state that their global shipment numbers include digital sales. Monster Hunter World was the exact same way and Capcom does this for every game they release, their sales figures are not sales figures, it's shipments that also include sales. They neither ship or sell as many units as they really say they do, it is a combined unit. I have no fucking idea why people are not aware of this yet when Capcom states this. Monster Hunter Worls did not sell 11 million units to 11 million people nor did Capcom ship 11 million units to retailers, it shipped and sold a combined unit of 11 million globally.

gematsu.com/2019/02/monster-hunter-world-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-11-million

They decided it was time to go back to being good. Now I just need to see what they have in store fighting game wise for next gen. I bet you they'll get something ready for first year launch of PS5.

I'd wager they put out the Onimusha 1 remaster to gauge interest.

MvC2

Bro, that's monster hunter.

Hope the game's successful. I didn't buy it though.

They do this for all of their releases, dumb fuck. Go to their IR page already.

Attached: 1496785064114.png (541x566, 74K)

Attached: 1366658488755.gif (321x194, 1.1M)

>RE2 had 4.95 million LIFETIME sales
>RE2make literally made 80% of RE2's sales in a month

RE2 also had a much smaller budget and the playerbase overall was like 5 times smaller in 1998

A game selling 5 million units in one console without bundles back then was a legitimate superhit