Conclusion (read: Death) of the Fair Price Package program

gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program

On March 31st we are going to discontinue the Fair Price Package program. Let us explain the reasoning behind this decision.

>We came up with Fair Price Package (FPP) as a way to make up the price difference between various countries. Some games on GOG.COM have regional pricing, meaning the price of the same game in one place can be higher compared to its price in North America. In countries where the game is more expensive, we give users the equivalent of the price difference in GOG Wallet funds. In actual numbers, on average, we give users back 12% of the game price from our own pocket. In some cases, this number can reach as high as 37%.

>In the past, we were able to cover these extra costs from our cut and still turn a small profit. Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. With an increasing share paid to developers, our cut gets smaller. However, we look at it, at the end of the day we are a store and need to make sure we sell games without a loss.

>Removing FPP is not a decision we make lightly, but by making this change, we will be able to offer better conditions to game creators, which — in turn — will allow us to offer you more curated classic games and new releases. All DRM-free.

But I was told GoG was serious competition to Steam... turns out Epic Store is the only real competition to Steam

Attached: kisspng-logo-gog-com-brand-design-product-5b69761e3b8408.5131494315336381742438.jpg (900x800, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/681110/Eagle_Island/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have no problem with this. I don't know why gog was ever expected to hand out free cash to people to offset the publishers' use of regional pricing. It's just a ridiculous notion that it was ever their responsibility and no company apart from them has ever done anything like this.

>turns out Epic Store is the only real competition to Steam

Epic caused this though. Also it's your fault for living in Brazil.

>dude it's good that this service that made games cheaper is going away lmao
kys shill

>Epic caused this though.

How?

I don't work for GoG or anything, but don't they need to increase their share to developers because Epic started doing that?

Attached: 1351491545077.png (413x427, 222K)

But Yea Forums said 12% isn't the new standard...

Steam isn't doing that so I don't see why that would happen

Maybe some devs have said "Well we could just go to Epic Store instead of GoG..." and GoG took the knee, but maybe GoG is in no position to bargain, meaning they've never been competition to Steam

>meaning they've never been competition to Steam

I wouldn't argue with that, and anybody that did was stupid.

>gives a bigger cut to devs
>passes that cost onto customers
Now this is Epic

Attached: 1532540000762.png (588x361, 48K)

>quote from the article

>quote from the article

>quote from the article

Attempt at undermining the competition

This. Also, do steam key sites suffer the same fate

Maybe I should screenshot your post for future use. GoG has always been Steam's bitch boy (see pic), a boutique when they still sold old games and actually having a purpose, now just selling bad new indies like Jotun

Attached: dog mask.jpg (612x456, 47K)

I think this is the third or fourth thread on this he's made today. You'd think (you)s would get boring after making the same style of threads for months. OP, what video games do you like? Honest question, since you spend ages every day arguing with people on here.

GoG didn't have to do that.

FPSes, platformers like Shovel Knight and Cuphead, point and click adventure games like Grim Fandango or Sam & Max, stealth games. I like a lot of games and genres.

Uh I really am not big into grand strategy or sports games unless they're arcadey.

>leave Brazil
>this happens

Attached: 1544024353995.jpg (640x640, 66K)

Not bad taste. Do you mainly just do all this for the (you)s? Just boredom? Katana Zero comes out next month and looks like it would be up your alley.

Added to my wishlist

store.steampowered.com/app/681110/Eagle_Island/

I do it partially for it the (you)'s, because you got to do it for that if you have a view as controversial as mine, as I truly believe that Epic is the first competition we've seen to Steam's monopoly.

winnie the pooh

>GoG didn't have to do that.
Exactly. GoG was able to take a bigger cut before Epic pull their stunt which is hurting the PC gaming industry. Predatory practice as they have the size and financial backing to absorb that smaller cut while smaller players like GoG and resellers can't do the same.

>check GoG to see if I get regional pricing
>I don't
>epic gives me regional pricing

well I don't need to care about this shit

Regional pricing for all 12 of its games!

>Exactly. GoG was able to take a bigger cut before Epic pull their stunt which is hurting the PC gaming industry.

So because GoG has no balls or room to bargain with, it's Epic's fault?

GoG has been around since 2008 and done nothing about Steam's monopoly.

>Predatory practice as they have the size and financial backing to absorb that smaller cut while smaller players like GoG and resellers can't do the same.

Those resellers just sell Steam keys.

GoG hosts content and could have argued that. Maybe a dev said "Well we'll just sell our game on Epic store instead of GoG" and then that's how they got wrecked - but that's still GoG putting themselves into a position to get wrecked, GoG already loses out on games, so what's another?

GoG has its own niche. I don't think it ever tried to compete with Steam directly. Epic's launcher is fucking garbage and I don't want to buy games on it just because of that.

>GoG has its own niche.

*had

>Regional pricing for all 12 of its games!

Now let's look at the games worth paying for on GoG...

*crickets*

*dabs* glory to the Chairman and the Party