So what's up with anthem?

Attached: anthem-friends.png (1000x563, 785K)

it appears to have flopped, user
havent played it myself, i cant give those people money in good conscience after andromeda

Clearly not their metascore.

Apex killed it

Do we have any performance metrics?

60 isn't that bad, i mean its not great or anything but its decent IMHO.

Not even in same genre.

I knew someone who was all over it before release and wanted me to get it. Told them I'd wait a month and see if the endgame holds up. He stopped playing it already.

Not only are they completely different genres, but do you actually believe that if Apex didn't exist Anthem would be successful?

dead

Great graphics and weapons are satisfying to shoot

But always online, enemies spawn right infront of you, can damage you before they load in for you

99% of loot you pick up is worthless and big time spans between when you will upgrade, most weapons look alike

Npcs are all ugly, story is shit. While flying is great in theory, levels are linear so its not used as it should have been

>60 isn't that bad, i mean its not great or anything but its decent IMHO.

Yeah, if you look at the numbers objectively, 6/10 on a rating scale shouldn't even mean something is truly bad. But if you treat metascores as they are really done, Anthem is bottom 5 games that came out this year. It's competing with shit like Jump Force and easily beaten by at least 10 mediocre games you've never heard of like "My Time At Portia" and "The Hong Kong Massacre"

Attached: elex vs anthem.png (1702x739, 1.04M)

Also no armour or suit customisation at all

On a technical level it's a complete mess first of all, ruining your enjoyment with frequent 3 minute loading screens.

Gameplay is mediocre, but with shit loot mechanics. Unforgivable for a lootan shootan game.

doesn't matter, its free and stole the people who were just looking for a new game to play

3 irl friends planned on picking up Anthem simply because they wanted something new to play (casual codbros), after Apex launched they all forgot Anthem when exists

>60 isn't that bad

AAA games operate on a 6-10 scale you dope. Journos don't dare to be honest and even if a AAA game is a complete piece of shit they will at worst give it a 5.

Total flop, has a vocal defense force because grindy looting shooter + Bioware autism I guess. Once the honeymoon phase is over, and it is close to that already, it's really gonna keep going down in flames. So many things are truly fucked and this isn't just me shitting on the game, segments of the game have literally been cut and re arranged in the story and so many other problems, it really is fucked from the ground up.

No, it didn't have much hype leading up to the release but i guarantee you the sales wouldn't have been this poor if Apex didn't exist

Vast majority of any AAA sales are casuals just looking for something new and pretty to buy, there hasn't been a big AAA release since October

It's basically just like Destiny in terms of gameplay(lootbased) and the story is nothing special.

I wonder how much longevity is in this game; loot and content seem really badly designed at end game.

All loot is the same, from any source. So if one source is slightly easier, you do that. This will just mean everyone runs the easiest dungeon or freeplay or whatever. This gets boring fast. There are only 3 dungeons in the game anyway, and they're all reskins of previous content.

There's no PVP either to break up the monotony. Kinda weird to launch with less PvE content on top of having 0 PvP content compared to Destiny 5 years ago.

What are people going to do till April/May when the first real content additions come? Run the same shitty 3 dungeons with boring bullet sponge enemies with crappy loot rewards?

Attached: 1549619264805.jpg (658x843, 128K)

Destiny at least has twitch shooter mechanics going for it. Anthem manages to somehow ruin something that should be able to be enjoyed if you turn your brain off.
Nothing about the game is fun, it's all a chore.

And the loading screens.

supposedly the day 1 patch fixed at least SOME of the loading screens. I didn't buy it because I'm not retarded but it's worth being said

It didn't.

>fixed at least SOME of the loading screens
It reduced it by 20% or so. It's practically nothing. It feels very much the same.

Its just not good

The problem isn't that much the length of the loading screens, though they can be 2m+ longer, its the number.

You don't have an inventory option so you need to go through something like 7 loading screens between combat, equipping a new item and back into combat.

top contender for game of the year imho
really scratches that looter-shooter itch

I got bored with it a couple of missions into the betademo. I feel like I'm not alone in the least on that.

Redditfags are on suicide watch and downvote any thread that mentions Anthem's flop.

Why reddit is such a faggot whole full of snowflakes that cannot accept reality?

I bought origin premier to get into the early access and I was fun to play through the story and reach the level cap but I quickly found myself playing less and less after that. There's no purpose to keep playing as the few pieces of loot you get are still shit and the content isn't fun enough by itself. The more I played Anthem the more I felt like I should just play Warframe instead. At least playing Warframe is satisfying even if it has a lot of problems too.

obejctively good gameplay that everyone hates because there's not enough cinematic bullshit

>Also no armour or suit customisation at all
But it has one of the best customization systems I've seen in recent years. The only thing lacking might be how many different pieces of armor you have to customize with. Being able to pick material and color for different areas of your Javelin is great and I'd love to see more games do that.

Is it Free2play yet?

Attached: 20190224_171011.jpg (4128x2322, 2.72M)

I thought people here loved Vagrant Story? Why are you suddenly against constant loading screens just because it is Bioware? Look

r/anthemthegame is juicy right now. I can't imagine being an Anthem fanboy. The amount of cognitive dissonace being displayed there should be harnessed so we may take to the stars and spread our providence amongst the cosmos

>60 isn't that bad
for a "AAA" release it's basically unplayable
>Not even in same genre.
doesn't matter
what have you got against elex?, everyone knows reviewers don't "get" PB games

didnt they mention it would be open world?? what the fuck happened to that? having cool flying seems like a waste.

freeplay is the open world

it's boring as fuck

It was supposed to be seamless yeah

that's very unfortunate, what a waste.

I got it for free from the nvidia promotion and haven't bothered to download.

no different to here

so this won't be successful enough for them to do 10 years of dlc like they had hoped? man what a loss.

Attached: 1550612145483.jpg (441x387, 43K)

>3 weeks since demo launch
>2 weeks since Origin launch
>1 week since official launch and day1 patch

And the game is unplayable. The patch introduced more bugs than before. People with PCs that could fly a fucking rocket cannot play above 50 fps. Constant crashes. Constant disconnections. VIP demo bugs still unresolved. Quickplay still broken

The gaming industry is poorly regulated so they will get a pass, but in the real world this is called fraud

It's pretty telling that actual tech companies are picking up most decent programming talent. No-one's gonna want to work 90 hour weeks for EA doing tools or graphics programming for pennies if they can go to Amazon, Google, Microsoft, AMD, Nvidia, Autodesk or whatever and earn three times or more, only really passionate people working at smaller outfits where they feel at home would stay on.

ok so jump force is better than Anthem?

Different genres.

i can tell you right now, The Division 2 is gonna have a higher score than 60

Literal order of magnitude different budgets.

>People with PCs that could fly a fucking rocket cannot play above 50 fps.

I have a 7700 and 1070ti and it runs great at 1440p very high

its just like Destiny at its release. Good concept, zero content.

This. I get similar framerates and less gamebreaking bugs in fucking Star Citizen, and that's a pretty goddamn low bar.

it;s a looter shooter with no stats page... loot is actually broken.. guns look like crap, come the fuck on man. this is why im watching that streamer house anthem stream cause the streamers are talking out their ass,

I have a friend with your specs and a 1080ti, 32 ram. He gets massive stuttering at medium and can't get past 35-40 fps
Not saying you're lying though, but the optimization is all over the place. I've also seen a medium rig run on Ultra without problems. It's fucking bonkers

>Want to craft a new gun
>go into crafting screen
>look at the stuff I need
>can't buy it there, for some reason
>exit crafting screen
>loading screen
>walk up to crafting materials girl
>interact with her
>if you buy something the store closes and you have to open it again
>after this happens a few times I forgot all the things I need
>go back to open forge again
>loading screen

uuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhh

lets not forget the game pegs my 7700/1070 to 100% even on loading screen so i cant leave this game running and alt tab out like i do with every other game

not really, it's worse than destiny at release

I like Anthem and will drop in and out of it for at least a few months just to fly around and shoot stuff. It's the same sort of drop in and out game play I did with The Division. I'm not looking for deep 100+ hours grinding 8+ hours a day or anything.
Yeah the game has issues, I'm not blind the loading problem and odds are the long term content will not be there. Yet I'm fine with playing it on and off right now. I already know there isn't much end game etc, so I'm sort of slow playing it right now.
Run a few missions, take a break and play some Apex or whatever. Go back and run a few more, no hurry.

>He gets massive stuttering at medium and can't get past 35-40 fps

There's some other issue with his computer. Video card isn't the only part you know, you have to have a competent processor as well.

it's not "bonkers" or all over the place if a person's performance is bad it is for a reason it isnt some magical fairy dust

>crafting materials girl not close to crafting stations

How can they mess something so simple up.

no she is right there behind the crafting station, the point is, why the fuck does she exist why do i have to talk to her

Lucky you, i7-8700 and 2080 here and it struggles to reach and stay above 60 fps on ultra. Also tested it on same video card, i5-7500 with very similar results, somehow. Game simply does not seem to use the hardware to it's full potential, at around 60% usage on current system.

>ultra

never play video games on ultra. it's a setting that means "i don't know what i'm doing"

2% visual quality difference from "very high", 100% additional performance impact.

Unsuprising flop.
The game is pretty much a loot and shooter that didn't observe the competition and the progress in them in detail.
The customization is there but unlike destiny 1&2 does it not really offer a big enough variety to make it interesting or make your char in somekind of way unique.
The classes are just very basic lightly armoured wizard, speedy brawler, heavy dakka Tank and the jack of all trades something that warframe does far better.
Gunplay is weak the guns have no good damage or feedback making power Combos ( the same system from me the explosion combos with a primer and a trigger ability) the most efficent way to kill enemys which is also done better in destiny and borderlands where guns are the primary damage source.
The enemys are not very unique nor is the ai for them very good making even destinys bullet sponges look like geniuses and warframes enemy variety amazing.
And the enviroment allthough pretty lacks variety which is also done better in borderlands and destiny.
They could have learned so much but they didn't wasting the potential of the game making the launch the same as all the other ones i.e. a mediocre game at launch that will be patched over 1 or 2 years to above average if it survives but thanks to other l&s games did people realize that they want a good game from the start not in 2 years making them avoid the game.

I know. Yet there only seems to be a 10 fps, at MOST 20 fps difference in Anthem from very highest to very lowest. I'm doing ultra because at 1080p my system CAN support Ultra in most games at close to 144 fps. If it struggles on Ultra I obviously selectively get a few gimmicky options turned down and then it's fine. Anthem is just a special case.

The game has Skyrim puzzles. Skyrim. Puzzles.

people on reddit say the game was like 40% faster before the day one patch

I think they discovered something broken, like an exploit, and they wrote silly putty code to fix as fast as they possibly could, and now they're probably rewriting it properly. or maybe they just broke something and can easily fix it. i hope. i'd like to see it running at 120hz very high

>magical dust
Fuck does that even mean you moron.
It is bonkers because he's not an isolated case with unique problems. There's an unbearable amount of customers that are reporting these types of bugs, even on better rigs than his.
Also he's not bottlenecked by his CPU you condescending sack of shit. Go back to shreddit, they love to parrot these retarded prefabricated statements.
Not even the deranged trannies that cover CM at blizzard spout this idiotic statements

I suspect that bioware is mostly big brain code writers and they lack any sort of real video game player on staff who ranks high enough to call out shitty design by the code writer side of the dev team.
Like we can't even drop a player based way point in freeplay. So they have this killer flying game world but you have to fly, stop, re-check map, fly, stop.. it's just strange.

game is actually really fun and good dunno why reddit refugees hate it.

Attached: 1529327236637.png (865x526, 36K)

there are always a huge amount of people who report shit, it's completely meaningless. work on computers for people for a while and you'll realize that 80% of gaming enthusiasts have something stupidly imbalanaced, configured wrong, or gimped/hamstringed about their system

theres something wrong with your friends computer, let me guess, AMD processor right? ohhhhh I bet he has an AMD processor

I warned people about AMD on this board for years and nobody ever listens so you get what you pay for. Ask for his speccy. I wnat to see the AMD.

"works on my machine" ;D

Attached: spoopy.png (921x629, 156K)

I've seen every sort of report, systems from any range of specs getting different performance on demo/pre-release/day 1 patch. It's kinda silly. On the other hand, I did have the game on an SSD and the load times were never really an issue, even though some people said it was terrible on SSD, so I guess dodged one bullet and took another bigger one in performance somewhere. Eh, who cares, not like I'll even be playing the game much, was just trying it on the EA access thing.

>theres something wrong with your friends computer, let me guess, AMD processor right? ohhhhh I bet he has an AMD processo

Good fucking lord you're a goddamn mongoloid. The whole conversation started with me listing he's on NVidia. Jesus fuck, retards that wanna look Smart make me so fucking angry. Jump off a cliff and do us all a favor, fucking imbecile

>No-one's gonna want to work 90 hour weeks for EA doing tools or graphics programming for pennies if they can go to Amazon, Google, Microsoft, AMD, Nvidia, Autodesk or whatever
this
this so fucking much
vidya corps need to slash marketing budget by 90% and use that money to hire people with skills and talent
also they should sell their games for $30, they could easily double their market-share and reviewers would be more willing to give better scores because they would be cheaper

no shit
The Division 1 lowered the expectations enormously so of course all those vidya journos are going to love it, because TD2 just has to give the gameplay laughably small QoL updates

>fucking imbecile

lol, you don't know what parts a computer has.

there is nowhere else on earth worse than Yea Forums for people acting nasty and insulting while simultaneously being ridiculously ignorant and making fools of themselves :(

frostbite engine cannot handle giant open world it has to load everything

>talk mad shit
>get called out for being retarded
>instantly get butthurt
like pottery

Yeah, he "called me out" by not knowing what a processor is.

It’s time to leave and go back. No one tolerates a reared especially if they’re a smug retard. Here have a (you).

Attached: image.jpg (750x745, 198K)

Y I K E S

wow what a fucking amazing rebuttal

just a trash can post

your shit stupid friend has an AMD Ryzen processor that Yea Forums talked him into buying and he went out and bought a 600 dollar video card. that's why his system stutters. because he bought garbage AMD shit.

you're welcome for the education

not him but this game is pretty trash if it needs a specific cpu/gpu combo

a system like what you listed is already miles better than those on consoles

PC optimization for Anthem is really bad and theres even a reddit post about it

Jesus christ user, did you forget your meds today? What makes you think this is all because of an AMD cpu? You are assuming so much and also that you are in the right as to why he can't run Anthem. A game that has very strange PC optimization to begin with.

there are games that run better on Ryzen.

the port is just ass

Not him but, are you disconnected from reality?
It took me 5 seconds to scroll the thread
These are the 2 starting posts
>I have a 7700 and 1070ti and it runs great at 1440p very high
I have a friend with your specs and a 1080ti, 32 ram

>I have a 7700
>I have a friend with your specs

You're mentally unstable. I usually joke on suicide suggestions but in your case, man, it has to be a viable option. It has to

>there hasn't been a big AAA release since October

You can blame Epic Store for that.

Great gameplay, poor reason to actually play the game.

basically a Destiny reskin with an additional rogue class but even more bare bones and with the gimmick of flying which Warframe kinda already has and all this with 10x more loading screens

the only good thing is the salt mining from the anthem subreddit

>the only good thing is the salt mining from the anthem subreddit
it's funny because they've been told they'll get news today about the loot and they're already bouncing off walls thinking the game will be saved within a few hours. These people never learn. It's good data for social experiments though

It's bad by AAA standards.

>Guys look sure there are some issues I'll proceed to downplay but just buy the game its fun lmao. Please also play apex™ as well
How to spot an EA damage control shill

>Great gameplay
Nope

Based AMD, preventing people from wasting their time on EA trash.

Attached: 1518809135572.jpg (640x481, 50K)

Time to upgrade that 5400 rpm HDD, user.