Why are gamers like this?

Why are gamers like this?

Attached: ACE859CA-9C1F-4D92-83C4-404DBB6CBFCC.jpg (810x1472, 145K)

Drawing dicks in my journal doesn't make me an artist

why are you a faggot?

Candy crush and minecraft are games but if thats all you play I wouldnt say that makes you a "gamer"

fucking Americunts lol

why are ALL Americunts so stupid?

social fads aren't games

heh, gamers

fpbp as always.

I microwaved leftover pizza, I'm chef :^)

>implying

Yes it does, you faggot.

Attached: 1537713451273.jpg (1242x1561, 381K)

It should be illegal to start a thread on Yea Forums with a Twitter screencap. And yes, I mean illegal. You should be thrown into a federal prison.

Why doesn't it?

>only the videogames I like can be considered videogames!
I’ll never understand this mentality

Along with reddit, discord and twitch

BASED Rho.

>Defending "gamer"
>Wanting to be a "gamer"

Intense faggotry.

Fucking based, not a single Jew character

So does that mean if I am new to art and can't draw well (pic related) I'm not an artist?

Give me a break/

Attached: _n.jpg (491x600, 93K)

Back to twitter

We all know you just wana shill your art faggot
Post moar titty

Going by this mentality movies and anime are officially vidya as they're both sold on Steam.

Stop fishing for compliments, it's pathetic. On the flip side, DO post more fat tits.

why are artists such fucking attention whores god damn get a deviantart page

You prepared the food. That makes you a chef, user.

>niGGer immediately goes to phone games and ignores the rest

I've played football twice since this year started.

I'm not a football player, I don't know plays, I barely know more than 20 teams in the NFL.

The "'gatekeeping" meme is such an especially bad form of liberal faggotry, would you encourage some guy who didn't even know how to change a tire to call himself a car enthusiast and get mad whenever someone looks at him funny for doing so? What am I saying, they probably fucking would these days.

No it doesn't you turbofaggot.

So does this mean Terraria isn't a game?

Its more a debate on logic and terminology

first you have to agree with me.

Literally because I said so

>Your identity is what we tell you it is

I own a slide rule, so I'm basically a rocket scientist.

For me, I take "gamer" to denote an enthusiast, the same way that you don't assume most people don't watch movies, it's just part of the culture, so you only have a title like "film buff" if you're particularly invested in the medium.

I don't know, if you're playing games that's great, but why do you have a label?

>So does that mean if I am new to art and can't draw well (pic related) I'm not an artist?
No you're not you're a hobbiest with an interest in art, or to be more exact an attention whore who only makes meme images for maximum (you)'s. Artistry is far more than knocking out flavor of the month tier scribbles.

I didnt say that faggot

Are these people the equivalent of gaming phoneposters?

Someone post that picture where the wooden dragon is next to the statue of the man sucking his own dick

I've got your back

Attached: 1539781912813.png (1170x666, 368K)

delivered

Attached: vCnD5DK.png (1170x666, 406K)

Gamers, it's time to rise the fuck up

spoonfeeding bitch asses

Oh is it depressing art time?

Attached: Irak.gif (667x750, 717K)

just so you all know, the only girls-only schools in america are catholic schools

this is because catholics don't believe in coed studies and don't say the pledge of allegiance because it mentions a protestant god and not their god

And That's A Good Fucking Thing!

>because it mentions a protestant god and not their god

Attached: 1475401693458.jpg (540x495, 22K)

Gamer = Loser who bases their entire identity around playing video games

I'd argue that it isn't about what games they are at all but that being a gamer is having gaming as a lifestyle. And it's derogatory and that's why nobody will admit to it. You could play candy crush for six hours a day, that would absolutely make you a gamer. As well a fucking lunatic.

Games today in it of itself is a social fad you mong.

>anecdotal example
>lump several different genres in the same question

that guy is right and you are just seething restera.

So are you a loser if you base your entire identity around any other hobby? Or is it just video games?

>as a real gamer

Attached: 1521326744319.png (171x189, 41K)

Fuck off faggot

Yes. It is not good to base your entire identity around a hobby

you mean right?

Go HOME gamer girl!

Phone "games" are just money grab machines.

Nah, he's emotional and I'm a 4channeler. Fuck niGGers

I bet that faggot is one of you niggers.

So if literally nothing else in my life interests me but my current favorite hobby then I'm loser? That seems like a really weird and arbitrary line.

Are you really going to pretend you're any better when you speak that way?

The term "gamer" was always fucking stupid, and has gotten even worse over the years. zoomers can have it , for all I fucking care.

Wrong. When gaming is your primary hobby, you're a gamer. A gaming entusiast, as another user put it. You don't have to wear super Mario t-shirts to be a gamer.

Just video games. You actually have something to show for with other hobbies. Unless you plan on making bank in a competitive scene video games as a lifestyle absolutely makes you a total loser.

Yea Forums, you aren't suddenly cool for disliking video games. Just saying.

How wrong you are

It does make you an artist though. You created a piece of art, no matter how crappy. You partook in the creation of art directly, you’re an artist
You’re a shitty penis artist whether you like it or not

>You actually have something to show for with other hobbies.
Only if those hobbies involve you creating something.

Not the kind that would get hired in a restaurant but you are one.

cringe but he is kinda right, all these gachi games or w/e are the worst of the worst, literally pay to be the best, where the fuck is the skill in that, people who play gachi can't be considered gamers

What if those girls want to play games, but don't want to be labeled as gamers? What if people don't like being labeled by their pastimes? I play games, but I don't want to be known as a "gamer". I also read books, and that doesn't make me a booker.
God, I hate gamers and "gamer culture". Become more interesting than what you do to kill time.

As someone who works in two Catholic organizations that literally say the American pledge of allegiance before our meetings and after our opening prayer, I'd say this is incorrect.

Wait, so a hobby needs to give you life skills in order for it to be considered a valid hobby? That sounds really stupid and gay.

That’s called being a casual. There’s nothing wrong with casually being into a hobby, but when you start talking as though you’re deep into a hobby while only having surface knowledge, and then try to engage someone who’s actually into the hobby it gets annoying. It’s very disappointing to expect to get a solid conversation about something you love only to have to deliberately dumb yourself down just because the other person had a lack of self awareness.

Again, Yea Forums, you aren't cool for disliking video games. Grow up.

I own a set of golf clubs, sign me up for the pro scene.

It actually does if you can get someone who can sell those drawings as commentary on something society related.

Not even, playing music, reading literature (and no, sweety, reading the chintzy dialog in your video games doesn't count as literature) sky diving, snowboarding, sports if any kind are all healthy and cultivate a good body and mind. When the osrs servers go dark there will be nothing for you to show off about, and your body will be no better for all that time you wasted. Sports and literature are timeless and make you healthy.

Dumbass, I love video games. But people who base their identity around fucking video games are always shallow and uninteresting.

Pretty much. Welcome to earth, autist.

You can call yourself a pro and sign up for any tour but you'll be against other people who know more than you. Prepare to be judged by people based on your performance

Nowadays my half eaten bucket of KFC counts as art I think.

There's one time someone dropped their glasses in a gallery and people thought it's part of some exhibit.

There’s nothing stopping you from entering though, unless it’s invite only. You can go join the national golf association and enter placement tournaments right now. Anybody can do it, you just need to pay the fee.

Sure you can agure that Candy Crush DOESN'T REALLY COUNT but the Sims, Minecraft and Fortnite are all legit games

Sky diving is an odd inclusion
>jump out of a plane
>land/fall to your death
What exactly do you gain from doing that?

Do then don't call yourself a gamer when you play fucking candy crush and I won't call myself a pro golfer when I can't drive past 100 feet.

This.

Art is what you make of it. Trying to put a label on it breaks the purpose of it in the first place.

I bet you think wanting those dicks in your ass doesn't make you gay, huh

>God, I hate gamers and "gamer culture". Become more interesting than what you do to kill time.
This is exactly how I feel about the people who go around proudly calling themselves "gamers" or participate in "gamer culture"

Uninteresting idiots who try to define their existence by something they find interesting.

>I am ABOVE these so called "gamers"! Look at me, everyone! I am not like these PEONS and RAPSCALLIONS who spend their times playing with "virtual games"!

Attached: go-ahead-be-social-media-snob.jpg (700x350, 45K)

It sounds like you're obsessed with social acceptance. I guess all that sky diving and reading didn't really create a healthy mindset for you after all.

Candy crush is a game. If you play it, you are, literally, a gamer.

Again, there’s nothing to stop you from entering pro level tournaments right now.

Wanting dicks in your ass doesn't make you gay, fag.
Being sexually attracted to and wanting a relationship with Men makes you a fag, you man kissing homo

Based and heteropilled.

>defending phone gaming

Really? Because the millions of people who play video games disagree.

Again, for the third time, you aren't cool for disliking video games, Yea Forums.

But you are still a golfer if you play, just not a pro golfer. What would people that play games on entry level be called?

Sims is more of a virtual dollhouse. Minecraft and Fortnite are fine, although I don’t personally care for them.

And I'm sure your life is even more interesting, faggot.

Gamer. Notice the “pro” in “pro golfer.”

You see... the thing is I generally wouldn't have a problem with any of this since it's a non issue and more of a general identity thing to fit in. But lets be honest here, the people who are advocating and pushing this narrative about mobile games aren't coming from a sincere place. Look who the poster is, what the real underlining message they are trying to push here is to eventually get you to understand that "female play games more than males"/"there are more female gamers than there are male gamers" therefore developers need to cater more games to females.

Attached: 1550541477837.jpg (1042x1183, 171K)

I used to have that opinion also, but it has since changed. Phone games are games, just like free flashware games were games.

I do live a pretty interesting life.

Pretty much this.

>all girls school
Is there an all boys school?

It's not a badge of honour, it's a term.

And so what? No one is forcing you to buy anything.

We're basically all artists by that logic then. Practically every person has drawn at least once in their life. What point is there in even defining an artist at that point?

Oh boy, go on. I'd love to see some retard brag about his life on Yea Forums of all places.

i don't like what he said, but he absolutely didn't imply that you strawmanning retard.

Yes? Boarding schools are incredibly common.

>brag
I said interesting, not awesome.

Damn, incels really are sheltered.

>hurrr lets generalize to the point where words no longer have meaning
I hate postmodernists so fucking much

>booker
People that enjoy reading are called bookworms.

Some people get paid to do so, that’s the difference.

This. Really. Also, don't compare something were you create with something altogether more passive. In a similar vein, though. Going to see whatever garbage blockbuster is out for the summer doesn't mean the same thing as being invested in cinema. There are levels to everything. If you're only at the surface, accept that and either dive deeper or move on.

This. Remember that whole "Gamers are over" phase? Why did they change their minds?

Well that's a professional artist, by definition. Are you suggesting one could only truly be an artist if he sells his artwork?

Having the word "good" before the profession

I love how she had to include Minecraft, Sims and Fortnite, because nobody would have agreed with her if she just named shitty mobile mini games like Candy Crush.

I was actually thinking that I've never heard of an all boys university. There are a few girls universities though. I'm sure they exist somewhere.

Actually, when you hijack every single major company in my hobby and slowly change it from the inside, I am very much forced to either play these games or play nothing at all.

It's almost like this thread is a subtle Resetera thread attempting to normalize shitty SJW business practices and make people feel embarrassed about playing video games as a hobby or something.

See, that's the thing. This thread is a humble bragging thread.

>Buh, I don't play those dirty VIDEO GAMES! I spent my entire life poaching elephants and playing football. Sorry, incel. ;)

Old communist method.
If you can't subvert it, destroy it and rebuild it the "right way".

Exactly, nobody is forcing to me to buy MOBILE GAMES therefore keep those games and their catering separate to my type of video games.

Attached: YBaDKgRenS-9.png (300x250, 19K)

No, that’s a professional artist. See, anyone can be a gamer. But only some are professional gamer. Ironically, some random thot being paid to play shitty phone games is more of a pro gamer than any random fucker here.

Why do people like to pretend like they're gamers or nerds anyways. Who are you trying to convince with this lie?

Agreed. Sky divers are serotonin junkies, same as us.

The get a new hobby. I mean, like you said yourself, you don’t identify yourself by a single hobby, do you?

I don't know. Why does Yea Forums pretend they don't play video games?

Social media. Most people like the idea of being it more than actually being it.

Mobile game’s are usually free though. So... okay?

When did I ever say that? I'm very ambivalent to what hobby people have. I play video games because, shocker, I like video games a lot.

The distinction of professional and nonprofessional is clear and should be obvious, but that's not what we're discussing ITT.

Congrats. So do lots of other people.

If you play video games, you are a gamer. What’s so hard to understand about that?

Humanity defines itself on labels, the more you have the more "involved" or "acomplished" you appear to be. A hobby can't just be a hobby, it's a lifestyle and you better respect it apparently.

>even high school girls know that only playing surface level shit doesn't make you a gamer
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1506475616965.jpg (727x727, 46K)

go home katie

Who fucking cares about "identifying yourself" except underage b& and normalfags? I play video games for fun, and fuck these mobage peddling chinks for sucking the fun out of my hobby.

>So do lots of other people
Right, that's my point.

Yea Forums likes games and shitposting
Yea Forums always pointed out everything wrong with a game and a developer, no matter how small and points it out in shitposting format
reddit just pretends to hate everything to fit in

The real question is why does reddit have the need to fit in

I played basketball in grade school. I would not ever identify as a basketball player, nor would anybody classify me as such. Similarly, the girls in OP do not believe that playing candy crush or mobile games casually make them gamers.

That’s because the gamer stereotypes are fat unwashed incels, of course no one would want to identify as a “gamer”.

how many times do i have to call you a dumbass? is your reading comprehension really such shit? i said i love video games. games are great. there's nothing wrong with playing games. but if playing games is all you amount to, ie you identify yourself as a "gamer", then you are a boring, uninteresting and uninspired person.
stop defending "gamers" and "gamer culture", you utter tool.

it's a fucking label that brings with it all of the negative connotations implied. labels are disingenuous and transform people from individuals into formless communities that can be easily dismissed.

Right, but that's not answering my question. I'm asking why does Yea Forums, currently, in this thread RIGHT NOW, pretend that they're above playing video games? It's this weird humble flexing that I've noticed lately, and frankly it's really fucking gay. It's like a bunch of sad fat losers pretending they're normies and bodybuilders. It's honestly really sad.

You know what, Yea Forums? You guys want off-topic threads that have nothing to do with video games deleted, right? Then maybe the mods should delete this thread and all threads like it. This isn't about video games anymore. This is the exact antithesis of video games. This is asking people to do anything BUT talk about video games. This is a subtle political thread made to draw in a huge flame war. Just fuck off back to whatever weird faggoty corner of Reddit you came from, you vile cunt.

Attached: CvUPezRWEAEkspZ.jpg (583x385, 42K)

>If you play video games, you are a gamer.
you fucking take that back. gamers are pathetic incel losers and i will never be lumped in with that lot.

case in point!

>booker

Attached: 1436064412951.gif (200x220, 1.09M)

>booker

Attached: vqGeMsr.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

>humbleflexing
>not reddit
Welcome to nu-Yea Forums shitposting. Glad you could contribute to the thread.

>pretend that they're above playing video games
Where? You mean not playing phone shit? It's called having standards you basic bitch. You tend to develop them as you engage in your hobby.

Fucking this. Post-irony has fucking ruined you, Yea Forums.

That's not what I'm talking about, you stupid asshole. I'm addressing the people in the thread going on and on about how they're "above gamers" and "above gamer culture".

Attached: wisconsin-teletubby.jpg (577x471, 61K)

The fact that people are self aware about the fact that playing simple games casually doesn't make you a "gamer" should be enough to key you in that there is a definite distinction to the term. It's like saying using a computer casually makes you a "computer nerd", or changing your oil makes you a car enthusiast, or something.

But playing casual games doesn’t make you a gaming enthusiast, merely a gamer.

But gamer=gaming enthusiast

Playing video games and engaging in "gamer" "culture" are completely different things, faggot. "Gamer culture" is something Frito Lay made up to sell you more packaged cancer. Even a vapid thot playing gacha shit is more respectable than anyone who identifies as a gamer.

Attached: pt_hv51z_400x400.jpg (400x400, 30K)

motherfucker I own an audi and a gaming computer and a full entertainment system

No, there’s an extra word in “gaming enthusiast.”

imagine being this insecure

Yeah, you're a fucking snake. Fuck off back to Resetera, you bitch.

Because like how Yea Forums was invaded by reddit, normalfags who invaded the video game community took Yea Forums too seriously and called themselves gamers with utmost pride when all they play is casual games.

Oldfags have since long left because they have other sites to go to but not those who genuinely play video games as their hobby and see everything that's wrong with the industry.
The only thing they can do is distinguish themselves apart from those who play two games and mobile interactive advertisements all year round and label themselves gamers

>drawing a stickman makes me an artist
>putting milk on some cereal makes me a chef
>kicking a football makes me an athlete

I love katy perry music I am music

You can define a word with more words, retard.

Because art is often meant for other people to experience. If only the artist experiences it it isn't as fulfilling so to do art is to be a bit of an attention whore.

But, again, that's not my issue. You all seem to be missing my point.

Why
is
Yea Forums
pretending
that
they're
cool
for
disliking
video
games?

That's all I want to fucking know. My god, could you imagine if a bunch of retards went to Yea Forums and made thread after thread consisting of shit like, "If you listen to music then you're a fat manbaby. MUSICERS RISE UP! WHY WON'T VERONICA DATE A MUSICER LIKE ME? If you listen to music then you're a musicer, and musicers are a cancer on our society." If this happened with ANY OTHER BOARD then the mods would ban threads like that. But nope. Not here. Not on fucking Yea Forums, the land of ironic meta shitposting.

Attached: tumblr_oaoinnayGF1uw65jpo1_540.gif (540x304, 1.99M)

Are you actually fucking braindead? How many times do you have to be told that hating gamer culture =/= hating video games? How can someone be this retarded

Yes, in every single one of these cases, yes it does.

>tumblr
Ironic hobbyists have been a thing for a while now user. No need to get this worked up. Just ignore it or something.

I've seen movies before, so I'm a cinema geek. I've written facebook statuses before, so I'm a blogger. I've microwaved hot pockets before, so I'm a chef. Look at me I want to be part of a subculture because it's popular, and you aren't allowed to gatekeep me just because I've exclusively enjoyed the most accessible examples of the medium on a handful of occasions. You have to let us be part of your club so we can ruin it and turn it into something else.

Attached: USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1378871428.jpeg_1541184203172.jpg (1080x887, 58K)

GAMERS RISE UP

So then gamer and gaming enthusiast are not the same thing.

Then why am I seeing post after post of shit like "If you have video games as a primary hobby then you're a fucking loser. Get a life, incel autist."

>tumblr

I found the gif on Google. Get off my dick.

But you put effort into that picture, I can see where your guidelines and mistakes have been erased. Phone games require no effort, and the people playing them do not want to put effort in, they just want to pass the time. I would argue that minecraft is by far the odd man out in her list of games, as people can and have done some incredible things in that game, but I doubt any of those girls have done it.

Gaming is a guilty pleasure basically. It's frowned upon by adults. We all know it, it's why we hide our power level.

Take a pause and think. It is not genuine. Either le trollin or some agenda.

>I'm addressing the people in the thread going on and on about how they're "above gamers" and "above gamer culture".
Not that other guy, but the term "gamer" and "gamer culture" generally refers to a rather obnoxious, mainstream sort of culture, and it's no surprise that Yea Forums (particularly being as elitist and particular as it is) doesn't identify with them.

Yea Forums might be obnoxiously contrarian, partisan, and elitist at times, but as a whole, "Yea Forums hating videogames" is a bit of a meme. If anything, they like games so much they end up looping over and being critical of them to an excessive degree (at times, anyway). That, or they're just dumb shitposters, which is what I think you're getting tripped up on, to be honest.

>Commercialism makes art art
This is American education.

Attached: image0-1.jpg (478x364, 58K)

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

How did you get this out of what I said?

Another twitter thread that will get 300+ replies

Attached: 1548388147901.jpg (333x300, 76K)

>disliking to be cool
You're the one who misses the point

1. You're in a shitposting thread. Get better skills in distinguishing actual posts from shitposts. Why can't you get over a shitpost?
2. Treating mobileshit as video games is like treating the consumption of a bag of skittles as a full meal or dismissing your son with a new toy instead of giving him attention is good parenting.

>no, you’re just a movie goer
>yes
>yes
>that’s generally how progress is made, yes

For you to be considered a book enthusiast you need to read a bunch of books of different genres and have some knowledge about the hobby, for you to be considered a film enthusiast you need to watch a bunch of movies of different genres and have some knowledge about the hobby but to be considered a video games enthusiast all you need to do it play one cheap match 3 smartphone game, doesn't matter if you completely dismiss the rest of the hobby.

Mobile gaming, handheld gaming, PC gaming, console gaming and arcade gaming are all different things.

>audi
LMAO what a fucking cuck

>chef
>noun -- a professional cook, typically the chief cook in a restaurant or hotel.

>athlete
>noun -- a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

>artist
>noun -- a person who produces paintings or drawings as a profession or hobby.

arguably the most ambiguous of those is "artist", but even then, i would hardly define doodling a single stickman as a "hobby" (i guess if you make a profession out of it like the flash animators of the early-mid 2000s, then sure), and let's be honest with ourselves, in common parlance, "artist" almost always refer to somebody who creates art for a living or is otherwise proficient at it, and the same holds true for "chef", "athlete", and yes, "gamer"

*ahem*
MOBAGE ISN'T REAL VIDYA AND MOST GAMERS ARE MALE

Attached: atoast.jpg (739x506, 65K)

this happens with all hobbies. even normie sports bros will act like you aren’t a “real fan” if you don’t the stats of some dickhead who played in 1978 or whatever

If you watch ANY MOVIES ever, you're a fan of movies.

He's got a point though. Also personally speaking, to me the term gamer applies to a hardcore player of games. Someone who plays everyday and has done for years, as opposed to a casual. That's just my take on it.

>I cant let games be considered games
Lmao

The thing is, gamers partake in all these except candy crush tier shit.

Is slot machine a video game? Would you consider Metal Gear Pachinko the next installment in the Metal Gear video game franchise?

Self identifying with a label like "gamer" is retarded. That said, mobile shit can just barely be described as "games", but when you try to say that they're the same thing as AAA mainstream games, you're either an idiot, willfully ignorant, or maliciously conflating the two to push an agenda.

This just in:
Your grandma is a gamer.

Attached: pokie-.jpg (1000x630, 629K)

There's a clear distinction between a gamer or someone who plays like candy crush and shit. And I don't see anything wrong with calling yourself a gamer or have gaming as your primary hobby if you have a decent life. Even those girls realize they're aren't gamers, why is Yea Forums this autistic. If you watch one or two anime you don't call yourself an anime enthusiast do you? It's the same for those girls
Eh playing everyday is a bit too much

C'mon, not all of us are stupid.

>we just happened to be raised here.

>is video poker a video a video game
>poker is a game
>video
Yes

Except it's not. Plenty of adults play video games.

Yea Forums, what's your fucking angle with this? First you're demonizing adults for "tainting your hobby", yet you're constantly seeking the validation of them. Why can't people just like whatever the fuck they want?

I can understand Yea Forums not really identifying with the term, I guess. But it's just so fucking cringey and annoying watching you people act so smug and above the masses. I feel like this isn't 100% shitposting. I feel like you guys genuinely get off on thinking you're better than the masses. It's like you receive a little dopamine rush when you shit on things that are popular. You have a literal addiction to shitposting and acting smug.

>You're in a shitpost thread
Oh, trust me, I noticed.
>treating mobileshit as video games is like treating the consumption of a bag of skittles as a full meal or dismissing your son with a new toy instead of giving him attention is good parenting.

Again, for the THIRD FUCKING TIME, my issue isn't with the term gamer, or mobile games, or anything like that. My problem is addressed to the rabid contrarians in this thread trying to pretend that they're above playing video games. This kind of shit wouldn't be acceptable on any other board, so why does Yea Forums get a pass? You would never go to Yea Forums or Yea Forums and say "Bros...we need to stop listening to music and watching movie. It's time we take a stand! Movies are for faggots! We need to go outside and make something of ourselves! Whose with me!?"

I want to talk about fucking video games. Not incels, or SJWs, or /pol/, or normies invading gaming, or liberals invading gaming, or alt righters invading gaming, or women being inferior to men, or men being inferior to women, or how video games have blacks and trannies in them, or the degeneration of the west, or anything like that. I want to talk about FUCKING VIDEO GAMES. My God, this age of meta irony is driving me up a fucking wall.

Attached: 96b.png (500x384, 301K)

Because you're fucking illiterate. It's not about being your primary hobby, it's about defining your entire identity with it like the vapid consumer whore you are. You're conflating genuine appreciation for a medium with manufactured cultural identity, which tells me you're underage as fuck. Fucking again, disliking gamer culture =/= disliking video games.

user but you're not allowed to have a positive identity. The word "nerd" has been taken away and normalized, replaced with insults like "neckbeard" and "incel". Now the word "gamer" needs to be taken away and you the hardcore gamer will again only be referred to using insults. They'll come up with some, don't worry. "Gamer" will refer to everybody and something like "shithead" will refer to your group of people specifically and "shithead" is how you will be referred to in mass media.

Yes, secretly. That was my entire point.

>not either heating it in the oven or eating it cold out of the fridge
you monster

Can we just coin the term "game tourist" and be done with it?

Are these your fellow gamers?

Attached: senior-citizen-discounts-vegas.jpg (339x260, 38K)

We're all fucking consumers, dumbass. Every time you turn on your fucking tap to wash your hands after taking a fat shit, you are consuming something. You aren't better than me just because I play video games in my spare time.

If gaming is such a secretive hobby that you need to hide away from adults in fear of embarrassment, why are you also upset at adults and normies for "invading" and "ruining" video games? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

That pic related you linked isn't depressing, it's infuriating.

We already have a name for it, "casual gamer".

>iphoneposter liked her tweet
Just accept that playing Candy Crush doesn't make you a gamer, twitter roastie

Attached: 1450472279363.png (610x707, 95K)

Yea that's only for you americucks. Keep your socjus shit to yourselves. It's normal to call yourself a gamer in my country if you play games . Nothing embarrassing about it

"Mobiler".

>Gave a talk at an all-girls high school
>asked about video games
Also
>asking if they played one of the best selling phone games or one of three of the most popular fotm real games

No. Anyone who identifies as a gaymer is fucked in the head. Why cant I just enjoy some fuckin halo or marioshart after work without joining some club? Get a real identity

>fotm
Those are some pretty long months.

>he fell for the modern art meme

>it broke my little heart
to live n a first world country and have this easy of a life.

Yeah nah, you're a fag.

Image is unironically cringe but redpilled

that's because you're already too embarrassed to say which country that is and have no dignity to lose

>My problem is addressed to the rabid contrarians in this thread trying to pretend that they're above playing video games
You're in a fucking shitposting thread. If you knew you were in one you wouldn't be asking this question in the first place.

This. You're just playing an advertisement pay to continue playing game.

>We're all fucking consumers
No fucking shit Aristotle. That's not my point. Way to prove your illiteracy again. For the tenth fucking time: identifying yourself by what you consume makes you insipid and dull. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether you appreciate said product or media. I can't boil this down any further, if you miss the point again you're either disingenuous or a bona fide fucking retard.

Attached: 1 SnpQy79eVh-WlDftjHC8vQ.jpg (1600x996, 523K)

>having hobbies
>using words
Yeah what a bunch of wimpy faggots, my free time is spend jacking off and shitposting on Yea Forums but I only call myself "hajabasdnjegfaoldaer" which is a word I made up.
I'm certainly not using language to refer to particular clusters of people, only a fucking sheep would do that!

Singapore. What now fag?

>anyone who calls people who play video games gamers is crazy
>but yes slot machine is a video game
Maybe if you stop considering slot machines video games calling yourself a gamer would seem less crazy to you. Look at films. A long episode of a tv show isn't a film. A long youtube video isn't a film. Only a film is a film, despite the fact that it's not the only thing shot on film. Same with video games. Just because it's an interactive video doesn't mean it has to be called a video game.

Unfortunately yes. Sexist schools still exist.

It's a secret club and I'm showing my frustration in an anonymous board. Also, when casuals are considered gamers, it affects the industry and the quality of games.

it is video games, anime, cartoons, DnD, manga, toys, and trading cards such as MtG. Furfags and model train enthusiasts are anotehr category. video game people still dont have a positive image to the general public, esentially is right on the money
yeah as it turns out sports are still considered not nerdy hobbies besides chess, even doing all these numbers and not actually playing the game itself makes it better than having a nerdy hobby. athletes tend to have better bodies too while gamers don't.

Normalfags

The way I see it, tourist is even lower than casual.

>Why cant I just enjoy some fuckin halo or marioshart after work without joining some club?
You can?
No one is stopping you from watchin Transformers movies either. But if you say "I watched all of Tarantino and Nolan so you could say I am a bit of a film buff" people will laugh their asses off. And rightfully so.

kek

Only in America

Read my post, numbnuts. It's not just shitposting. You fuckers literally get off to this shit. You genuinely believe the retarded bullshit you say, and it makes you feel good about yourself.

Holy fucking fuck fuck me you are fucking dumb. Please, when you're done reading this post, ACTUALLY fucking kill yourself.

My point is, WHY does it matter if someone identifies with their hobby or whatever they consume? Why does that make you better than them? If someone wants to be known as "the guy who REALLY likes hot wings" then who fucking cares? How does that make you an objectively better person than them? And for that matter, why would you then go into a forum dedicated to people who like hot wings and go on and on about how enjoying hot wings is a waste of time?

Fuck, you're so cool, user. What can I do to be as cool as you? I already burned my PC and threw out my Switch. I feel like such a big boy already. Please, elucidate me.

Attached: Vlc_2014-05-26_20-03-51-81.bmp.jpg (1024x495, 96K)

video games and anime are my only hobbies, yeah. same goes with my friends, video games, anime, work/school, chores, and thats it.
shit all my dad does is work, chores, and watch sports.

Welcome to shitposting, where shitposting means entirely different from what you think it is

Its the intent nigga. Artist are people who try to hone and improve their skills in capturing life objects places on a piece of paper or canvas.
Porn is by all means art. No matter what kinda faggot tells you otherwise the human body is a beautiful thing.

People who use Gamer as a blanket term for anything and anybody associated with interacting with electronic entertainment medium even the lowest from of it is super insulting to the people who actually like to play videogames and not see it as a quick time waster.

Its like Calling people who read magazines and blogs "Readers'.

>shitter
You have to go back, normalfaggot.

she did say fortnite and sims thoughts, those are games, althought super casual

why don't video game players have the same respect as movie critics?

But I thought gamers were dead

Attached: gamers are deaddd.jpg (2160x2250, 870K)

>why would you then go into a forum dedicated to people who like hot wings and go on and on about how enjoying hot wings is a waste of time?
Nobody in the thread is doing that you fucking schizo. That's the point. You're the only one conflating hobbies with labels. Your logic is that anyone who DOESN'T identify as "the guy who really likes hot wings" cannot possibly genuinely enjoy hot wings, and must think that hot wings are for losers. That's how tremendously retarded you sound.

>Latching on the the term gamer
It's not even a hobby, how are you going to make that your identity?

"Get a new hobby!" said the Resetera tranny as they slowly wormed their way into each major Western gaming corporation.

Gatekeeping is necessary.

>Nobody in the thread is doing that you fucking schizo.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were dropped on your head as a baby and are now currently suffering from blindness ALONG with mental retardation. Try actually, you know, reading the thread. Yea Forums is a wonderful place when you learn to actually read.

Attached: HaloMasterChief.jpg (640x360, 15K)

The only people who benefit from lowered elitism and softened definitions are marketing kikes.

Easy I play games alot. Thus I am a gamer. If someone asks me , am I a gamer , I would then say yes. Indicating that I am a person who likes to play games alot

after putting their hands up i bet the kids felt pretty shitty knowing that they are "gamer"

calling some one gamer is like calling them loser or homo

also
>Your logic is that anyone who DOESN'T identify as "the guy who really likes hot wings" cannot possibly genuinely enjoy hot wings, and must think that hot wings are for losers. That's how tremendously retarded you sound.

I would fucking LOVE for you to pull a quote where I said that.

Mobile is plebshit. Call me an elitist ass all you want but I don't consider Candy Crush to be on the same level as what's on PC or even consoles. That's the kind of thing you play when you're too insecure about being seen in public with a 3DS or vita or you're a casual who just doesn't know any better.

Follow your own advice you fucking cretin. Posts like this prove that you're completely unable to distinguish between hating gamer culture and hating video games. You treat it like the same thing, which is a fucking feat in utter stupidity. Make like a resetranny and kill yourself.

See , and every other posts where you strawmanned "I hate video games" when they explicitly said that they enjoy video games but dislike/don't identify as gamers.

Being a 'gamer' isn't a value judgement, it's just a description. Qualifying as 'a person that plays videogames' doesn't require being super hardcore into the hobby.

>have your own logic presented back to you to show how retarded it is
>notice how retarded it is
>ask for a quote

user, do me a favor, okay buddy?

READ
THE FUCKING
THREAD

My subsequent posts are targeted at people going on and on about how playing video games is a waste of time, how there are better hobbies, and all that shit. This isn't about me using the term "gamer" or anything like that. My post is addressed to the people acting smug and LITERALLY saying they hate video games. You are either very slow or deliberately acting obtuse. Either way, please get on all fours and crawl back inside of your mom's vagina.

Attached: 1548602266528.gif (270x368, 1.5M)

Its kind of a stupid title anyway. The term is so fluid depending on the individual perspective that germans playing construction simulator could be defined as a gamer.

well being an athlete and going to the gym makes people cooler and it helps you, as what the guys at the gym would call it, "get pussy" (which is apparently the starting motivation according to /fit/ but not the current motivation of 99% of guys who go since "bettering yourself" is a meme"). basically being cool is all about looks and how you look, you have to be so good looking that it, to a certain extend, doesn't matter what you do you still look good.
as for me, I'm still in skinnyfat DYEL mode so I'm far from looking good. I don't think I'm too good for video games but I am at a point where I just come to Yea Forums instead of play them after work and the gym. I don't want others thinking video games are my only hobby, which they are since I don't consider going to the gym 2 hours a day 6 days a week a hobby, but in the end video games still have a negative connotation for adults over the age of 35 or so. The point is, don't look like the guy in pic related and you can be look cool too, getting more friends is another way to be cool too so you won't even have to play video games!
Also, I reccomend not having ASD or any kind of Autism, and have some money but don't be a poorfag.

Attached: virgin attite.jpg (170x607, 26K)

It kind of reminds me of a few years ago when people were going on about 'are videogames art?' like it was a value judgement and being 'art' somehow elevated their hobby. Protip: Videogames are art. Basically all forms of art theory agree with that. The question is if any are GOOD art. Which again I'd argue is sometimes the case, but the fact that people were asking the wrong question to begin with is telling.

RIGHT AWAY!
RIGHT AWAY HE GOES FOR THE "Just lift bruh buhuhuh" SHIT!
OH MY FUCKING GOD, YOU PEOPLE ARE GREAT!

Oh my fucking god. I don't believe any of you fuckers have been to a gym in your entire lives. I guess you're too scared of getting called "gymers".

Attached: 01c.png (600x400, 261K)

>I don't believe any of you fuckers have been to a gym in your entire lives. I guess you're too scared of getting called "gymers".

okay that was kinda funny

Rhhhoooooo Based

Attached: Based.webm (1440x508, 1.75M)

Really? Like ? Or implying that not taking corporate dick up the ass makes you a resetranny? The entire point of this thread is defining yourself as a gamer, and you're the idiot who thinks you must do so otherwise you hate video games.

Who wants to be referred to as a gamer anyway? Disgusting normalfag crap.

this is not Yea Forums

No. It's like identifying as a tv watcher or sleep inerer. Simply retarded
I would laugh at anyone who claims to be a film buff desu

I gave a talk at an all-girls high school this morning. asked how many were into scat, no hands went up. "how many of you poop and piss in toilet?" laughter, and all hands go up. it broke my heart a little.

>Can't draw well
Then of course you're not an artist based retard

>they aren't made with the same care and idea
wrong
There are many big multi million dollar companies behind those casual p2w facebook/mobile games, and I'm not talking about random meme games like Flappy Bird. They are successful because they attracts casual people, which is what they are really good at. Those games aren't made to be played by your average console/pc gamer onn Yea Forums or reddit, they're just tailored for casual people who aren't aware of the whole vidya game culture or simply don't care about it, and they are very very good at doing that.

Attached: 135.png (680x680, 124K)

Actually, the whole point of this thread is about phone games. You seem to be losing the plot here, son.

And I don't see how these two points contradict me. Yea Forums is pretending to be above gamer culture, and it's fucking embarrassing and subsequently hilarious. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Resetera setting up these threads in order to make Yea Forums feel embarrassed about playing video games, thus normalizing underhanded leftist tactics.

I mean, why do you think the "GAMERS RISE UP" meme just popped out of nowhere?

well its true. ive been the smallest guy in the gym for 5 years so far and still am. going to the gym whether to get muscles or lose fat does help you improve you (a male)'s image. it is true that you don't really see "hardcore" "gamers" who look like atheletes or gym rats or gym bros, the video gamers tend to LOOK bad due to being too skinny or too fat. Not looking like a gamer is one step closer to becoming cool, or at least having the right fashion and build and face and hairstyle.

Attached: 1546165608511.jpg (1080x1080, 139K)

good this board and video games in general only started getting shitty when fags decided it was time to get rid of this stereotype

lol

Fuck, you're so awesome and cool, user.

Women can never be gamers
women were put on this earth to rear children and serve their husbands

>feminist allies trying to prove that Staceys are gamers because they play Candy Crush every now and then getting BTFO by teenage girls

Attached: Bismuth.gif (320x310, 2.36M)

>pledging allegiance to the united kikes of america

Saying mobile shit makes you a gamer is like saying playing finger football makes you a footballer.

>gaymer

Why do people pigeonhole themselves into a group based on products they buy?

Ah yes, phone games like the sims, minecraft and fortnite. And if you don't identify with the culture, you HATE VIDEO GAMES.
The only embarrassing thing here is your mental gymnastics, or in your case the mental special olympics.

Attached: 1307_464a.png (930x528, 493K)

user, what's your favorite video game? This isn't me trying to make a shitpost or start an argument, I have a point here. Just hear me out.

Ninja Gaiden Black. There is absolutely no reason you can't make your point with any hypothetical game, you fucking blowhard.

So are you telling me that when you purchase (or pirate) and play Ninja Gaiden Black, you aren't partaking in gamer culture?

No.

I only really see people talking about phone games just like the faggot in the OP, I think everybody will at least agree that Fortnite is a game

I'm procuring a video game to play. Does hot wings guy partake in "hot wing culture" when he buys a hot wing?

>another twitter screencap thread

Attached: sigh.jpg (492x449, 30K)

How come? You're playing a game, and you're clearly a big fan of it if it's your favorite game of all time.

>inb4 WELL I DON'T WALK AROUND IN PUBLIC WITH A NINJA GAIDEN T-SHIRT AND I DON'T BASE MY ENTIRE IDENTITY AROUND IT

But how does that mean you're just not a gamer anymore? Why does that make you different from some kid who plays Fortnite, or some dudebro who likes CoD? You're a gamer if you like video games, plain and simple.

(And before you address phone games, I agree that they don't count. This whole entire fucking time, I've agreed with the sentiment that phone games are retarded and don't count as real video games, but that wasn't my main point of concern.)

>Does hot wings guy partake in "hot wing culture" when he buys a hot wing?

I mean, if you believe that video games are just a lame consumerist hobby, then by your logic he must be, right?

When you wear a black T-shirt do you partake in goth culture?
When something you like gains widespread following do you partake in hipster culture?
When you completely miss the point a dozen times in a row, acting like a complete fucking spastic in a thread on Yea Forums do you partake in retard culture?
Keep in mind that only two of those should be answered "no".

it's just weird how it's become a form of identity. sometimes i read a book before going to bed but i sure as hell wouldn't consider myself a 'reader'. and then if i read some shitty crime novel it would be considered the height of pretentiousness for someone to go "lmao you fucking casual go read some dostoevsky like a true reader"

Free flash games were infinitely better than any modern mobile game.

How is that by my logic? My logic is that "hot wing culture" is an external concept and has no bearing on his appreciation of hot wings. But no, that's not enough, he must be a "hot winger" according to you, and if he doesn't subscribe to that he hates hot wings.

Because all that's intended and done was buy a video game.
There was no self proclamation of being anything on the internet or to anyone involved.

the mods disabled the bumping of this thread, didn’t they?

>wanting to be called a gamer
LOL

>touch screen controls

Attached: 1530267840767.png (296x299, 151K)

Normally, mastery or extreme dedication is the element of a hobby that gives its participants titles (pianist, chef, carpenter etc). Games CAN be mastered and played competitively, but you don't have to to participate in them, making the GAMER title super appealing for people with no skills.

There's an obvious line, dipshit. Obviously you're not goth if you just wear a black T-shirt, but if you start wearing leather and use makeup then yes, you are a goth, no matter how much you insist that you aren't. You clearly give enough of a shit about gaming to be on this shithole of a board, so it's clearly more than just some mild passing interest while you go out and fuck hot bitches and lift weights.

user, do me a favor and look up what "consumerist" means in the dictionary. It'll help here.

Ya done? Okay, good.

So, in order for video games to be your hobby, you most CONSUME them, right? You have to at least play video games pretty regularly before you can say that video games are your hobby. And your major concern is that you don't want to be labeled as a gamer because you don't want to be identified by the things you consume. Therefore, hot wings guy IS partaking in hot wings culture when he buys and eats hot wings, because he is consuming hot wings. Do you understand?

Who gives a shit if it's self proclamation or not? Do you need self proclamation for you to be a movie buff? No, you just watch a bunch of movies and immerse yourself in the art of movie making.