- 20s February: massive layoffs on GoG store

- 20s February: massive layoffs on GoG store
- few days later: GoG says it is a planned reorganization, they are doing good
- today: gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program

It is over bois. GoG is dying.
Download everything you can download while you still have time.

Attached: 1531034906525.png (1600x740, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/wishlist/games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>selling abandonware with community patches pre-applied for $10-$20
I'm surprised it even lasted this long

>make a game store with "absolutely zero drm" being the selling point
>everyone pirates everything instead of buying anything because you can literally google "[name of game] gog version exe download" and download any game on their store in minutes
>it's not even a nigger rigged cracked version, it's the actual exe from GoG, so it works flawlessly every time
>it even adds itself to the GoG client as if you bought it
>people surprised they're going out of business

admit it, you fucking hypocrites, you don't give a fuck about GoG and their policy, you just liked them because you could get anything for free, looks like capitalism is here to bite your pirating asses

the FPP was absolute lunacy to begin with

"Massive" layoffs
Nigga they let go like 12 dudes

>bite my pirating ass

As long as there are torrents for the games available for the rest of eternity then I couldn't give 1/14th of a fuck, my dude.

That sucks, it was a nice place to buy old games

Maybe they grew too quickly? I used to grab retro games and a few indies from them, don't think I have more than 25 games in my GoG library.

Hard to say from the outside though. Letting go a dozen people could mean fuck all without knowing any of the details.

if you live in the US, nothing changes
if anything only third worlders are gonna be severely affected

Piratefags don't give a fuck until denuvo infest everything.

GoG is a EU company retard

I got the games I wanted on GoG years ago and haven't been there for a long time.

did the us get better pricing?

eu is third world at this point

reminder that most of the GoD links still work

If anything, this just shows how much the general consumerbase is absolutely retarded
People bitch for years about how trash modern games how, how indies could improve the industry, and that DRM like Denuvo is stabbing consumers in the throat. Then someone actually makes a platform that answers all these requests and now it's going under instead of flourishing.
Those people have no reason to complain any longer. They've voted with their wallets, and it was a vote to wallow in shit.

Attached: 1502122972742.jpg (2048x1536, 856K)

Already deleted my account.

everything is already backed-up in torrents

yeah enjoy your coin miner faggots

recommend some GoG games

Buypigs lose again.

that's not entirely on consumers - 90% of AAA stuff (the stuff that draws in the general audience) avoids DRM-free environment like plague.
So in this shitawful stalemate pro-DRM publishers are fighting piracy whereas buying public fights with DRM, but only statistically insignificant portion of it actually does something to oppose it (like, not buying games w/ drm)

So it turns into self-fulfilling prophecy - people are fine with DRM because there's no other option to legally play many big titles and prove the publishers they can still make money out of their product with no drm.

FPP?

There are no 'GoG games'. It was initially a marketplace to sell old ass DOS games with dosbox already setup and old CD games that are sometimes a bitch to setup on modern computers.
So to answer your question : just google the best PC games of 90s and early 00s.

> GoG is dying
The worst die, the best and the epices will prosper.

no, I want games that are on GoG, and by extension are also on the old GoD links

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 with the expansions is only on GOG digitally I think. Steam has a shite HD edition courtesy of Ubisoft that has no expansions, same with uPlay.

>Good Ol Games
>none of the games are good
makes you think

Kult Heretic Kingdoms was good, though

>Download cuphead gog version, plays most of it
>Buy the game later on steam
>Steam version recognizes the gog save file

Turns out that ppl do not care about old trash.

goddamn beamdogger fucks

No I think its the opposite.
They DO care about old games, but GOG stopped that as a focus and started adding more and more new indie shit and the odd AAA and AA game.
At that point they just became another store. I get why, because the old games supply they could get was drying up because Publishers are dicks who kept trying to force deals where to get the old they had to sell the new too.
I own most of the old game library though. I'll grab some HDDs and download the lot and back them up, just because its due to do.
But I don't think the company is going bust though. Just scare mongering by the media and GOG pulling on the purse strings a bit.

Why do you want two Cuphead?
Can you give your GOG Cuphead? Thanks.

based retard

>Those people that told me GoG was competition to Steam's monopoly

Epic is Steam's real competition, dumbos. Eat a dick, GoG bitch boys.

Attached: tony smile.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

And GoG hasn't run out of old video games to sell, just look at their wishlist:

gog.com/wishlist/games

It's just easier to acquire and sell modern shit indies like Jotun

>People bitch for years about how trash modern games how
Well, the thing is that most of the people who complain about modern games are people who were around to play older games, meaning they probably own a lot of those older games and don't need to buy them from GOG.

I will never understand this

>12 people laid off
>massive
Fuck you OP

What a load of shit.

Actual dev here, they claim they're discontinuing the Fair Price Package program in order to give developers a better cut, but as someone with two games currently on GOG I can guarantee they're still taking their usual 30% cut.

>I will never understand this

What?

>Actual dev here, they claim they're discontinuing the Fair Price Package program in order to give developers a better cut, but as someone with two games currently on GOG I can guarantee they're still taking their usual 30% cut.
>On March 31st we are going to discontinue the Fair Price Package program. Let us explain the reasoning behind this decision.
Based retard poster

Attached: 1535950650162.png (584x652, 185K)

What games?

Nah, I guarantee they're just using THINK OF THE DEVS as a scapegoat, nothing will change on our end.

Legally speaking they have 4 days from now to notify me of any change to the contract and i'm wagering they won't.

Bugmen at it again

They didn't say they are changing 30%, also they are going to cancel this FFP program at the end of march you absolute retard.

>They didn't say they are changing 30%

>With an increasing share paid to developers, our cut gets smaller.

GoGmen at it again

>Increase management and management ladder costs
>Downsize the manufacturing/production/labor/research/storefront ladder to pay for the increased management expenses
>Make up for the loss of income, because you cut from what creates the fucking value of the company, by increasing costs for the end-user
>Increase management costs to find a solution to dwindling profits
>Repeat until toppled

Standard corporate life-cycle nothing to see here. Sell your shares.

fuck off ching chong

>Not using private tracker
Based retard

Source on management increase?

>massive layoffs
>12 people

Attached: 5n5Lz20.png (399x382, 89K)

GOG's problem isn't all the foreign currency benefits provided

It's the constant deals they offer. No one will buy anything from GOG until they have a special. They have them so frequently everyone knows to wait

I don't like getting charged foreign transaction fees for doing business with them. They need to open up offices in the states here or I will just buy elsewhere. Their products that are on other stores are straight up inferior versions because they don't receive latest updates from the developers. The devs just put it on there, take your money and fuck off. GOG knows about this and does not punish the devs at all.

>It's the constant deals they offer. No one will buy anything from GOG until they have a special. They have them so frequently everyone knows to wait
QFT

All their more classic releases are far superior to the competitions though, they actually patch it themselves.

Undertale and Deltarune.

GOG good to deal with? Good support for devs?
Also, release at high price point to account for frequent sales?

I'm not even a dev and that was my immediate assumption as well. It's a shame but I'm not really upset about it, games honestly aren't that expensive to begin with. I only work part time and yet I can still afford my own apartment, be able to buy vidya, new consoles etc and still be saving up money. Affording vidya has literally never been an issue since I got a job. I can't imagine how fucking greedy or scummily selfish piratefags have to be to consider games not worth buying after they've got a job. I understand it with poorfag students of course, I've been there myself, but once you've got a job there's just no excuse. Then again I live in one of the happiest and most civilized countries in the world so maybe everything just works out much easier here. GOG is still going to be my go-to store as long as their games are DRM free.

Nice FUD you got there, I think Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region is a great place for Winnie the Pooh to Tiananmen Square Massacre some democratic elections during the 4th of June, don't you think?

Cringe