Sora is already pretty powerful by the time he gets to Hollow Bastion

>Sora is already pretty powerful by the time he gets to Hollow Bastion
>when he becomes a Heartless he becomes the single weakest Heartless possible
What did they mean by this?

Attached: 200px-Shadow_KHII.png (200x178, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JHqh3QmUkvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he didn't have a lot of darkness in his heart

this
he had barely any darkness

That makes sense. I'm retarded.

i'm pretty sure that's the reason why
it'd make sense, too, considering kairi was with him at the time

Attached: Sonic Shadow.png (750x800, 188K)

Ok so Sora loses his body, that becomes Roxas, Roxas rejoins Sora, ect. That makes sense.
How the fuck was Naminé created? We see Kairi's body unconscious and without a heart in KH1.

Yea like everyone said Sora has very little Darkness so he only becomes a Shadow. On the other hand Sora has such a strong will that his Nobody became Roxas who can body fools in no time; since the stronger ones will, the stronger ones Nobody will be. Roxas is sort of the Sore equivelent of Terra's Lingering Will just created through a different circumstance. Roxas created by Sora's will, while LW was created by Terra's anger.

Naminé was born when Sora became a Heartless in order to free Kairi's heart during Kingdom Hearts. Kairi's own body never became a Nobody because her heart lacked darkness (since she was one of the Princesses of Heart), so her body and soul were never able to leave the Realm of Light and thus made it seem like Kairi was in a comatose state until she regained her heart. The absence of darkness also meant that a heartless wasn't created. This made Naminé a very strange Nobody, born from Kairi's heart and Sora's body and soul.

Taken directly from the wiki
I get that it doesn't make a whole heap of sense but kingdom hearts is a series much more about themes and symbolism than sticking to hard and fast universal laws for story elements like this

She's the Nobody of both Sora and Kairi in a weird way since she was created at the same time as Roxas. So, since Kairi's heart was still inside him at the time, some weird shit happened where another Nobody was made.

Heartless level 1 in KH
He leveled up his heartless stat by KH2

Idk man, I just play to whack shit with an oversized key

did they ever explain why the Darkside was coloured blue in the beginning of KH3 or was that meant to provide foreshadowing to The Final World
remember when riku said that shit about kairi's heart being inside of sora's, and how sora used the keyblade to bring out his heart?
basically, Naminé came out from sora splitting his heart; in other words, Naminé also came from sora just like roxas did. imagine Naminé like sora's nobody

KH1 is the only KH game that makes sense at least from a storytelling perspective.

Why did Xion need to exist? I mean, I can sort of get why she was created from the Organization's perspective (even though they already had Roxas and like less than a week later or whatever they think 'we need a backup plan'?), but why was it decided that Xion should be created as a character by the dev team? Did Nomura literally just want Roxas and Axel to be a trio and came up with another Kairi to fit them?

All of the KH games make sense. Whether you like the stories they tell is another matter, but they are coherent. There's barely any plot holes to speak of.
Reminder that just because you don't get it, that doesn't mean it is nonsensical.

>Kairi's heart
>Dora's body
Does that mean she has a benis?

Yes.
It's huge.

It does make sense, though. Since Kairi physically can't become a Heartless, she can't get a Nobody in a normal way. Sora sacrificing himself already made a Nobody for himself, so why wouldn't it make one for the other heart inside his too?
Wait, why didn't Ventus get a Nobody too?

Nomura seems to think that his fans are ADD-ridden mongs and that every new KH game needs some super epic TWEEST otherwise they'll lose interest.

Nomura is right.

No stop
Please
We don't need more literal whos.

I like how he has so little darkness in his heart he doesn't even become an emblem heartless. He's just a shadow, something that's impossible for normal people to become because they're natural.

Birth By Sleep has been out for nine years user, it's your fault if you don't know who Ventus is by now.

Ven had no full heart just a raped one which latched onto soras.
Roxas is basically Soras + Vens Nobody.

I thought emblem heartless were artificial or some shit?

Also shouldn't he have transformed into an emblem heartless?

If guys with a ton of darkness in their hearts become really strong Heartless, why is it that Ansem, Seeker of Darkness is the only Heartless we've ever seen have dialogue or importance? You'd figure they'd have a few humanoid Heartless running around, less than Nobodies, but still. Unless Xehanort is special and I'm missing something somehow. Also, if Xehanort was just pretending to be named Ansem, why did his Heartless and Nobody take the name 'Ansem' anyway?

Didn't that random NPC dude in Traverse Town die and become a Shadow?

Aren't emblem heartless supposed to be the synthesized ones or am I retardeded?

I thought about this too. So...
>when someone loses to darkness the mind, body and heart get divided
>mind and body stick together to become a Nobody (Xemnas)
>heart gets lost to darkness and ends in a heartless
>yet the Seeker of Darkness keeps his physical form AND his mind

They were artificially created but can spread and replicate like a plague. Back in KH1 there's a seen in Traverse Town were a man looses his heart and it turns into a Soldier Heartless. Loosing your heart to an emblem heartless creates another emblem heartless.

Roxas is Sora's nobody in power and memories but Ven's in appearance.

Pretty sure Shadows and other pure heartlesses don't release a heart when killed, only emblems do

>person gets a Nobody and a Heartless
>has a totally difference voice for each one
Because that makes sense.

Attached: c767ef56d9132bc63adf6976f793ca82.jpg (649x600, 50K)

AsoD isn't your typical heartless; he is the heart TerraXehanort shed to time travel, who used Riku to create a physical form. Before that, he was the brown cloaked guy who I'm pretty sure couldn't physically react with anything.

So how is Roxas a thing while Sora is a thing?
>Sora loses his heart
>heart goes to darkness
>mind and body become Roxas but Ventus' heart sticks along so Roxas looks like Ven
>Sora regains his self with his heart, mind and body
>Roxas is still a thing
Where did the extra mind and body come from?

fpbp

Come one user everyone could've guess that

They're shit though. Retconning the story constantly to make it "DEEPEST LORE" gets real old. Lead into the clusterfuck that was KH3, which was 90%+ "THE BOX", or "DUH NU SEVEN HARTS", and trying to recap the story while doing even greater asspullery than ever. YAWN.

>weakest heartless
>but most powerful nobody
checkmate xehanorts.

Unlike most people, Sora was able to quickly come back after Roxas was created.

Sora's strong will and connection with Kairi allowed him to regain his physical form, like how Xehanort was able to keep his physical form as Ansem. Sora from the end of KH1 to the beginning of KH2 is essentially a heartless but can weild the keyblade because of the LIIIIGHT

>KH3, which was 90%+ "THE BOX", or "DUH NU SEVEN HARTS",
Do you even play the games you bitch about?

Spposedly because he has low darkness

Sora after Kairi fixes him in KH1 is technically a purified heartless, with Roxas still having his nobody body since Sora didn't do the whole kill my Heartless and Nobody to reform trick.

I'm up to pirates world, and that's literally all it's been. It's taking me time to beat because the game has honestly been some mega shit so far. I have no incentive to go back to playing it because the dialogue, story, characters, and gameplay all suck.

Based lore bro

Attached: 1545374635742m.jpg (1024x488, 63K)

Also, I'm pretty sure the reason why Roxas isn't literally just Sora is because Sora's mind went back to his body, leaving Roxas with just a heart and the basics of emotion given to him by rubbing elbows with Sora and/or Ventus's hearts while being created.

How does BBS doesnt make sense, it doesnt even use heartless, much less nobodies, its just people traveling.

But that doesn't answer my question
>before losing heart sora has 1 body, 1 mind and 1 heart (not including Ven's)
>after regaining self he gets them all back while a copy of his body and mind are running around as Roxas

That also doesn't explain WHERE the new Sora's body came from

Okay so Roxas managed to build his own mind? I guess that is somewhat an explanation

A problem with KH3 is that nothing really happens until after all the Disney worlds are over. The box is mentioned maybe like ten times total and they already have a pretty good idea of who the seven light guys are going to be, they just need Sora to figure out how to get the power of waking so they can go save Aqua and through her, the other BBS dudes, to fill out the ranks. It's not like they're clueless as to who will be the seven hearts the whole game. Also, mind finishing games before whining?

Let's correctly measure who the biggest jobber of the girls is and who was the most useful girl
>Kairi
>Does nothing the whole game despite having unlimited time to train. -1
>First chance she gets at fighting someone, she freezes and essentially waits to be killed. Understandable since it was Terranort though. -0.5
>gets kidnapped immediately in her first fight and dies 10 minutes later. -1
>Saves Sora from dying by believing in him hard enough. +1
Score is -1.5

>Olette
>Saves Ansem +1
>Understandable doesn't participate in any fighting because she doesn't have a keyblade
Score is 1

>Xion
>Saves Lea from Mansex. +1
>Immediately gets kicked in the chest afterwards and has Roxas save her, but her helplessness kind of brought Roxas back. -0.5
>Helps beat up Saix, whom Sora and Roxas were already beating into the ground. +0.5
>Let's Sora know Kairi is alive to calm him down and make him focus. +0.5
Score is 1.5

Namine
>Calls Terra in to save everyone from Terranort. +1
>Does nothing other than this, but it's ok since she's just a heart at that point
Score is 1

Aqua
>Gets blacked by the guardian by instigating a fight against Ansem. She didn't have her keyblade, but apparently forgot how to use magic. -0.5
>Jobs to Sora in a 1v1 despite being a master. -1
>Jobs to vanitas forcing a 1v1 for absolutely no reason and blocking a fireball with her body instead of with her keyblade. -1
>Helps fight random heartless fodder. +0.5
>Does absolutely nothing against Terranort while he's slaughtering the party because her feelings got hurt. -0.5
>Gives up and dies against the Demon tide despite telling the party 10 seconds ago to stick together. -1
>Helps fight Terranort and Vanitas. +1
>Jobs to Terranort a few minutes later in a 1v3. -1
>Gets demoted by Eraqus and he tells Terra to look after her and Ven, which was supposed to be her job. -0.5
Score is -4

The results:
Xion > Namine = Olette > Kairi > Aqua

Attached: 1521392280417.jpg (1432x3240, 958K)

>Riku
>jobs to a demon tide. Doesn't rescue Aqua -1
>kills a demon tide with Sora +0.5
>Does nothing while Terranort solos the lights -0.5
>Only person to stand up to the huge demon tide +1
>kills heartless fodder. +0.5
>Jobs to his clone and almost dies -1
>Helps vs Ansem, YX, and Xemnas. +1
>Does nothing while Kairi dies -0.5
>Saves Namine +1
Score 1

>Sora
>Helps out in disney worlds, but they're inconsequential and he jobs quite a bit in them +0.5
>Helps Riku take down the demon tide +0.5
>Solos Aqua +1
>Wakes up Ventus and helps save Aqua +0.5
>Jobs to Terranort, but is the only one that tries to attack -0.5
>Tries to save Kairi from Terranort but hugs her like a retard instead and almost dies -1
>Breaks down in bitch tears after everyone jobs and dies on his knees. -1
>Saves everyone from death with Kairi's help. +0.5
>Fights the new org with the others, but also jobs in every single fight except the Riku one. +0.5
>Helps mickey and Riku with Ansem, YX and Xemnas +1
>Xehanort makes him cry again and pushes him off a cliff -0.5
>Beats Xehanort with Donald and Goofy +1
>Dies -0.5
Score 2

Roxas
>Saves Lea and Xion from Xemnas. +1
>Obliterates Saix with Sora and Xion. +0.5
Score 1.5

Lea
>Gets flung across the Keyblade graveyard by Terranort, but at least he tried. -0.5
>Shields Sora and Kairi from Saix who is about to crush them. +1
>Gets BTFO by Xemnas and has his keyblade destroyed. -1
>Partially responsible for bringing Roxas back. +0.5
Score 0

Terra
>lets everyone die the first time because he was sleeping -0.5
>Saves the entire party from Terranort +1
>Saves Aqua, Sora and Ven by taking control of his heartless +1
>Gets named the leader of his trio +1
Score 2.5

Ventus
>Saved Aqua after she jobs from a weakened Vanitas +0.5
>Jobs to Terranort -1
>Helps fight Terranort and Vanitas +1
>Jobs to Terranort again and cries -1
>Fights heartless fodder +0.5
Score 0

The results are in:
Terra > Sora > Roxas > Riku > Lea = Ventus

Attached: 1547775403451.png (1796x2156, 1.34M)

>Also, mind finishing games before whining?
The whole game has already been spoiled via front page posts that didn't include any filterable keywords anyways. Nothing is going to redeem the game from being total trash at this point. I already know the ending, all the worlds coming up, the weapons, etc. Wasn't even trying to look for them, just niggers here and elsewhere that can't even use spoiler tags. Not that it matters since the game is so fucking crap. It works out though, kills any possible desire I have to play any future games from the series.

>That also doesn't explain WHERE the new Sora's body came from
He just got it back because Kairi or whatever. He didn't rebuild his body or anything like that.
>Okay so Roxas managed to build his own mind? I guess that is somewhat an explanation
This seems to be the basic crux of Roxas's character, struggling with being Sora's nobody while also being his own person.

>He just got it back because Kairi or whatever. He didn't rebuild his body or anything like that.
But he could not have gotten it back since Roxas had it. After losing his heart his body and mind FORMED Roxas. When Kairi "rebuilt" Sora his mind left Roxas and went back to rebuilt Sora but Sora's body, now Roxas, was left whereever he was at the time. So where did the Sora's body no. 2 came from?

"Body" is more of a metaphysical concept in KH. You don't need a body to have a physical form. From Hollow Bastion until waking up in Castle Oblivion, Sora was basically just a disembodied heart. Roxas kept Sora's body, had Ventus' heart dormant inside him, and gradually grew his own heart during his time in the Organization. So he's completely his own person that just happened to be "grown" from Sora's body.

Okay, bye then.

He technically didn't have a body. Until he rejoined with Roxas, Sora was basically a heart projecting a facade of a body, at least in my understanding.

If you can just grow bodies like that why did Xehanort need to find vessels and not just grow them like a farmer?

It's because his heart and his connections with his friends were so strong, or uhh... just shut up and laugh at Donald Duck you fucking Americans.

Attached: f5639c878106baa53f5e84f5be71be93_400x400.jpg (400x400, 13K)

I feel bad for Ven and Aqua.

Attached: 1540656625721.gif (320x180, 3.58M)

Easy model to animate.

You can grow hearts like a farmer, not bodies.

I can't wrap my head around the fact all this shit is going on with darkness, light, keyblades and what not and most of the worlds are focused on their minute problems in the long run.

ALSO WHAT THE FUCK IS KINGDOM HEARTS?!

>Sora has a facade of a body after Roxas becomes a thing
>Xehanort still needs to send just a Heart without container (except the brown robe) to the past to meet with his young self
Why could he not just build a facade of a body back then?

The way it works is that Heartless come in two forms: Pureblood, and Emblem Heartless. Emblem Heartless were artificially created during experiments with darkness in hearts. They can only be created when someone loses their heart to darkness. Pureblood Heartless, on the other hand, can come from either pure darkness (in which case they won't release a heart) or from a heart being consumed by darkness (in which case they will).

The point is, the type of Heartless created when someone loses their heart is up to circumstance depending on how much darkness is in their hearts.

> or from a heart being consumed by darkness (in which case they will).
Remind me which purebloods have ever released a heart?

>and most of the worlds are focused on their minute problems in the long run.
It's along the idea of a world only caring about itself until it invents space travel. Once a world gets into the interstellar community it realizes there's a lot more going on, and that some of the problems afflicting it aren't as large as they were thinking.

Not that that'll happen to Earth, since we're the only sapient race in the universe, but that's a pretty common science fiction trope.

They don't in-game, but it stands to reason they would if they were created by a heart being consumed by darkness.

I mean, Sora became one, and when Ansem the Wise blew up Xemnas's Kingdom Hearts in the World That Never Was all those hearts that fell to the ground immediately became Shadows.

You know who's gonna come thanks to that, right?

Attached: 1539209344358.png (499x497, 379K)

>I can't bother to try to figure out what's going on and I'm incapable of Googling shit
Thanks for letting us know you're retarded, user

Kingdom Hearts is the Heart of all worlds and also serves as a sort of afterlife. When someone dies, their heart goes back to Kingdom Hearts.

Sora got his form from Kairi
Ansem SoD got his form from possessing Riku
Those were both exceptional cases
But I'll throw you a bone and explain that the real reason the replica bodies were such a thing in KH III is because 1)There needs to be some "catch" to time travel or it becomes too blatantly OP, and 2)Nomura probably wanted an excuse to bring back the replica subplot from CoM

Kingdom Hearts is the heart of the realm of light. It's just a fuck off amount of magic energy. Don't think about it too much. Think about how the Ream of Darkness likely has its own Kingdom Hearts instead.

>Ansem SoD got his form from possessing Riku
This still feels like reaching. since
>before possession: just a heart
>Rikunort gets btfo by Sora
>suddenly ASoD has his own body

It's a plot point in the first game, where Donald and Goofy make sure to let you know that you can't meddle in the worlds' affairs by letting them know of outside lands.

This, of course, is immediately dropped after the first game as the universe's problems grow too large to keep under effective wraps.

The worst one is Kairi desu
But yeah, for the boys Ven is honestly the worst one with Lea.

Donald and Goofy are constantly stopping Sora from doing this in 3.

They still pretty much keep most people in the dark even in KH3.

2's a different story when Organization 13 goes full ham.

Well, it wasn't present in 2. The whole presence of Organization XIII made sure of that.

Yeah, I know. Said plot point is repeatedly barked at Sora in KH3 too. "ORDER!" With Sora having to be a retard repeatedly for no reason. Oh, wait, he's a retard because it's FUNNAY. Yeah, real freaking hilarious.

Oh yea remember that time they kept the world order in Deep Jungle and they totally did not rewrite it's history? Cool rules Dolan

I mean one of the gay social media loading screens even mentions it so don't blame me, mang

Ven got cucked out of doing so much but he’s really underrated. He’s the only one who wanted to help Sora, and while everyone was fighting the heartless Ven wanted to help Aqua after she was deciding to be selfless.

Ansem in KH1 was the only good villain in this series. You don't see him till the end but you get an idea of the guy based on his reports. Everything after was just some stupid fanfic shit

There is one good reason for that youtube.com/watch?v=JHqh3QmUkvc

>Everything after was just some stupid fanfic shit
Pretty much - they've been rewriting the story constantly to try to make it seem like everything is interconnected into one "epic" story. The pieces do indeed fit together, problem is it's just a collage rather than a large mural that was planned out in advance. Sure, you get what's it's trying to do, but the quality is so low that it's not worth looking at after the first time you see it.

Thank you Mr. Intellectual for taking a hundred words to say "it bad"

Massive nostalgia retard.
Xemnas is better than Ansem.

>some faggot who sits on a chair all game talking to other faggots is better

Found the retard

I actually liked the twist with "Ansem" actually being Xehanort and all the nobody stuff, but Xemnas as a character is very bland compared to SoD Ansem

I feel like that's the point

I apologize greatly for talking out of turn. Now, it has come to my attention that if you want people to pay attention to the things you say, you must write a 500 page essay, even if your ultimate point is just to say 'it is bad'. I feel as though I have gained a great enlightenment from partaking in the absorbing of knowledge, to the point where I can feel a rush of arousal stemming from my firm cartilage located in my groin area. I am surely about to shoot semen out from said area due to the pleasure I am gaining from talking like a smarty smart guy who is so much smarter than people who just get to the point without sounding like a pretentious knob head.

Birth By Sleep is the best game in the franchise.
>Sora is a faggot bitch and you don't play as any form of Sora
>no Kairi being completely worthless
>command melding is fun
>actual challenge unlike most of the games

Ansem SoD is the generic mad scientist. Half his character is his voice actor in KH1 lmao.
Xemnas is an incomplete being trying to make himself whole again by any means necessary while having a deep hatred against his mentor.
He blurs the lines between villian and anti-villain.

>Sora is a faggot bitch
same with the three from BBC

>no kairir being worthless
instead you get multiple useless characters

>command melding is fun
kill yourself

>actual challenge
yeah, being invulnerable as long as you mash the dodge button and invulnerable during a good amount of command attacks is real challenge

BBS is fun. Raging Storm besy command

>Say something is bad
>"Yeah but WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S BAD LOL???"
>Say something is bad while providing a brief description of why you think it's bad
>"LOL look who thinks they're so SMART!"
No, user, he's right. You really are a retard. The post could've been trimmed down to, "It's bad because it keeps trying to tack onto itself", or similar, but there's literally nothing wrong with a longer post. It's not even that long, you're literally just a lazy piece of shit.

I think KH2 is still best gameplay-wise though KH1FM will forever be my personal favorite part of the series

See

>Ansem SoD is the generic mad scientist
this is a hundred times better than the garbage we got in the following games

t. Butthurt KH2fag upset that people like things other than KH2.
Fuck off.

Ansem SoD has a different voice because of how it possessed riku and took some of his features

Not an argument faggot.
I'd say BBS Xehanort is better too.

Man, it really is dead easy to work people on Yea Forums.

Attached: d4e2fbdbc138f8417d5ba171a616ae04.jpg (500x308, 32K)

The Organization as a whole are interesting and vaguely sympathetic to varying degrees, but Xemnas is easily the worst. His motivation basically boils down to "lolIjustwantedtobeallpowerful." At least Ansem SoD has some vaguely lovecraftian "go mad from the revelation" vibes going on.

>Sora is a faggot bitch and you don't play as any form of Sora
Ven is a bigger faggot
>no Kairi being completely worthless
Yeah instead it's LITERALLY EVERYONE being worthless and brain damaged, even Xehanort
>actual challenge unlike most of the games
>the game widely acknowledged to be the turning point where actual balance and challenge began to be replaced with meaningless spectacle
>command melding is fun
okay you got me there

It's just sad what they did to Aqua and Axel.

Attached: 1520606368297.jpg (349x642, 40K)

Why they made Aqua into a fucking idiot?
What was the point with Lea?

Attached: 1548100317195.png (1265x705, 1.37M)

Knew you were going to post that too. Thanks for the (You)s my friend. It makes me excited to see the red in the icon.

Attached: 1543597077745.png (367x318, 115K)

I'm definitely in the minority because I think Aqua wasn't done that bad since I view her fight with Vanitas differently, she won it and he went for the barrier and Axel jobbing makes sense in context.

Command Melding is sort of fun because you can very easily abuse it to get every single ability about five hours into a playthrough and be set for the rest of the game. Only hurdle is getting Mega Flares, after that you can get every single ability in about an hour, munny depending. Probably the most easily abused mechanic to get abilities in franchise history.

Lea was just there so they have 7 Guardians of Light

>Xion best girl

All that matter.

>Xemnas is an incomplete being trying to make himself whole again
This is just your lame headcanon. Xemnas straight up admits that he thinks hearts and emotions are completely stupid and that he only wants KH for its power

>Sora lower than Terra
Nah

Ven and Axel being useless is really annoying. But Axel at least used a new weapon style so kinda ok?
But Aqua turning into a jobber and a total idiot who's giving up during the heartless tornado is just horrible writing.

Wrong
>Anti-form
>Rage Form
Both have Sora channeling his darkness, and both are extremely strong

Every character was “useless”, only notable people who did absolutely nothing are Lea and Kairi.

>headcanon. Xemnas straight up admits that he thinks hearts and emotions are completely stupid and that he only wants KH for its power
He still values the negative aspects of the heart (anger, rage, hate).

But that's wrong. Anti-form's power mainly comes from Sora's clothes - it's the same reason his other forms, like Valor or Final Form are so stupidly powerful as well. All Anti-Form is can easily be explained by Sora's Drive Form channeling his brief existence as a Heartless and powering it up a hundredfold instead of the form he selected.

Not sure what "Rage Form" is, though. Setting that aside Sora has almost no darkness-related abilities but some of the strongest Light-related ones, and in fact Sora had almost zero resistance to the darkness as seen in DDD simply because his heart was so full of light.

>Anti-form
The first time I saw it in KH2 I was expecting there to be some story explanation or cutscene for it.
tfw blueballed

Ventus should have been the one Ephemer(his personal friend!) picked to ride the keyblades. That should have been his moment to be useful and then all the work to unlock Castle Oblivion would have been worth it. KH3 made me irritated with Sora, a character I used to adore.

>KH3 made me irritated with Sora, a character I used to adore.
This is what Nomura wanted in the end, for players to hate Sora as much as he does

>anti form
Its Nomura way of saying if you're abusing drive forms then you are someone with a shit ton of darkness, non canon form.

>rage form
Darkness from the pain/hurt Sora now bears at this point. Cannon

Think Aqua will have some kind of Anti-Form the next time she's playable?

Attached: 1542475389923.jpg (1280x1762, 482K)

>Its Nomura way of saying if you're abusing drive forms then you are someone with a shit ton of darkness, non canon form.
Funny how people can just say shit without citing any sources or even backing up what they say and they expect people to just buy it.

Attached: 1542861136769.jpg (798x802, 157K)

He needs to channel his dark powers.

Attached: 1551080353987.png (1694x1664, 970K)

>Thinks emotions are useless
>Still holds a deep grudge against Ansem and wants prove he's superior to him
Like he said Xemnas just thinks the non negative parts of the heart useless.

They just wanted to give him a funny walk.

>The heart has no true essence. Existence is a nihilistic abyss and the sooner you realize this, the better
vs
>Durr the heart's true essence is being a perpetually triggered edgelord

>the second one is supposed to be be better

Man I just thought Anti-form was Roxas being edgy in Sora's insides. You can't go Anti when trying to go into Final (Unless you have Two Become One equipped I believe), so Final Form being a representation of Sora becoming complete with Roxas seemed like the solution to the edge. Rage form would be because Sora stopped accepting the completeness cause he wants to get Roxas out.

>Need to grind Drives in order to get some abilities like dodge roll
>But you're also punished with anti-form for using drives too much

10/10 game design

>non canon form.
It has a mirror description in yen sids tower. It's canon.

Jesus christ, how disgusting. Shotafags should burn.

KINGDOM HEARTS

IS LIGHT

So what are we going to do with jtwo Roxases and two Xions?

Attached: 1496266681807.jpg (351x359, 41K)

>game punishes you for over using a powerful technique
>0/10 game design
You're not supposed to grind the forms until after you can control Anti-Sora you dumbo.

Hang out on a beach.

>The heart has no true essence. Existence is a nihilistic abyss and the sooner you realize this, the better
Nigger have you even played KH1
He literally says "Darkness is the heart's true essence." The implications of which should be fairly obvious.

Dodge Roll wasn't even grindable originally.

It wasn't even obtainable, because Limit Form was a Final Mix thing only, and the Japs didn't give us an official FM release until only a few years ago.

I just want to know what they were thinking when they implemented EXP Walker into BBS.

He also says "all worlds begin in darkness, and all so end." He's clearly referring to the existential void type of darkness, not the "wah my fee fees got hurt so now I'm gonna be mean to people" kind of darkness. Which is what Xemnas is talking about

I fucking wish I had EXP walker in 3

Explanation why LW turned even more powerful in KH2FM?

>"Nobodies can't have emotions"
>very clearly have emotions
Have they ever properly explained this?

Darkness is a very physical force in Kingdom Hearts, though. I'm not going to argue over the minutiae of Ansem SoD's dialogue, but it's my belief that what he meant was, as hearts are born from darkness, they must return to darkness, i.e. fall into evil.

Wrong. Ansem's voice is the same as Terranort's, that's what Terra sounds like when he's possessed by Xehanort. Just because SE couldn't be fucked to get Billy Zane to reprise his role after KH1 doesn't mean it's because Riku. Because Riku sounded like Terranort when he was using Ansem's power in KH2.

Terranort and Ansem are supposed to have the same voice, they just couldn't be fucked to hire Billy Zane again.

Xemnas sounds different because they had to keep his identity at least somewhat a mystery in KH2. Also there's 10+ years of aging between him and Terranort/Ansem, plus basically being Terranort without the heart. Yes, it's a clusterfuck.

Yeah. Nobodies can regrow their hearts given time and experience. It was a complete cop-out added in DDD, but beforehand was explained as Nobodies going off of memories of what the emotions were like when they were human.

But LW doesn't walk, he's just kneeling in place.

I'm afraid you weren't able to get off the old man's ruse cruise

Well yes, these forms are all after KH1 where Sora returns from becoming a heartless. Anti-form is a callback to Sora becoming a heartless in KH1 and Rage form is a callback to Anti-form and etc.

I'm guessing since it's a portable game, and people may just play for a couple minutes at a time, even if you're just walking from one area to another, you're still making progress somehow. Kinda like how you can't go five steps without tripping over a Korok in BotW or a Moon in SMO. Only issue with EXP Walker is this
>already know about it: every single playthrough you rush to get to Radiant Garden so you can kill those rabbit things to get the crystal you need to make EXP Walker, since every step you take before melding it is EXP you didn't get
>don't know about it: either have to be told about EXP Walker or randomly figure it out by yourself by experimenting with melding, most likely not going to get it as soon as possible, making all steps taken between when you could have made EXP Walker and when you actually did it wasted EXP

It's even more retarded with LW, who isn't a true Nobody but work the same way (heart is a heartless, vessel is imbued with only the soul)

He can clearly feel, hell, in his talk with Namine he even doubt himself to be able to help.

Attached: 1524902924920.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

Based and Xionpilled. Aqua a shit and deserved everything she got. Also why the fuck was Lea such a disgrace in game. That whole speech he gave about lots of people rooting for him followed by him jobbing in such a pathetic fashion was so on the nose it's clear that Nomura wanted to kill him off but was forced to keep him due to how popular he is.

You have a mind tainted by darkness, it's too late for you.

Attached: jobbing.png (1740x1556, 1.68M)

>hatred to Xehanort

Why do you feel the need to screen cap everything?

So, under your interpretation, darkness = being evil, doing bad things, right? Does that mean we all experience some kind of pre-life where we're all huge assholes before mending our ways and being born for real?

I think it's less of a Nobody-type thing and more of a snapshot of Terra's mindset at that moment. It feels only hatred for Xehanort, a hatred that has not changed the slightest bit for over a decade in game time.

>Aqua

Attached: you retard.png (1920x1446, 1.98M)

Even worse, he's screecapping his own posts

Nobody = No heart or mind
Heartless = no mind or body
Lingering Will = no body or heart

Not really. LW is literally the conscious of Terra.

Attached: 1522481940021.png (622x528, 32K)

Like clockwork

Attached: 1551182668313.jpg (502x499, 80K)

>KH3 has inspired tons of this Instagram shit
fucking cringe as shit. this fandom trash was just as bad when it was myspace posts or facebook posts or tweets or whatever. any 'fictional characters go on social media and talk to each other' is fucking cringe as shit.

Attached: 1543924624063.jpg (648x484, 131K)

Kek

I'm not arguing for real-world ethics here, only in-universe reasons. Most users of Darkness are clearly evil, like Maleficent, or Ansem SoD, however Darkness itself is not inherently evil as it can be used heroically as Riku and Terra show.

That being said, Ansem SoD is clearly insane and is incredibly biased towards the darkness, so it stands to reason that his beliefs would lean more towards "get people to embrace their inner nature of darkness", and since the general populace of darkness-users is evil (including himself), his belief is the very simple "darkness = evil".

>how did Roxas rejoin Sora
Replicas. Also nobodies can develop their own hearts over time (Xemnas said so in DDD).

Is there any in-universe explanation for why fucking balloons were amazingly powerful?

Attached: balloons.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

>You retard

Attached: 1523009922451.png (720x540, 751K)

>you retard

Attached: 1550411395667.png (1080x608, 490K)

I feel like you're almost disagreeing with yourself at this point user. It seems like you just don't get darkness and find Xemnas a more compelling character because his motives aren't as metaphysical. But that's exactly why I think he's shit, because it's such a lowest-common-denominator motivation. Kind of reminds me of Caius from XIII-2, literally wants to destroy all of creation just because his waifu got a raw deal

I unironically think Caius is one of the better Final Fantasy antagonists
good theme too

Nah, I'm just saying that Ansem isn't as interesting as you're making him out to be. His motives are extremely simple compared to Xemnas, but Ansem remains a more compelling character anyways.

Attached: 1521166033717.png (1920x1127, 2.02M)

this is literally exactly like those cringey harry potter characters on facebook images.

Attached: Brainlet_f3217f_6615771.png (1200x1335, 269K)

>final battle wasn't in Xehanort's Dive to the Heart

Darkness is evil, because like Eraqus said it's origin is from negative emotions like anger, hate, jealousy and fear. However, it's also a source of power, but a power that corrupts. Even Xehanort, who was the most experienced user of darkness that we've seen was not immune to it, and was corrupted by it. Riku himself recognizes darkness as bad, and himself says that he balances is with light because fully using it would mean that he would eventually succumb to it. Terra tried using it for a noble goal, more power to protect his friends and the worlds from whatever threat came their way, but it corrupted him just the same, with feelings of unwarranted anger and self doubt, which made his mind more vulnerable to Xehanort's manipulation. Then Xehanort literally took control of him with darkness, something that wasn't possible beforehand since he needed Terra to fully give in to his anger for his heart to be weak enough to control. In short, darkness weakens your heart and changes your personality for the worst. Even mastering it will not shield you from the side effects, just shield you from literally getting taken over by it, but not from getting changed by it.

>everyone forgives the bad guy in the end
I fucking despise this shit.

No one forgave him
whats with this meme

Just secondaries who didn't play the game

Attached: 1532000113187.png (1920x1554, 1.79M)

Stop it, this isn't Facebook.

Attached: 1541015399337.png (380x380, 221K)

Attached: 1551175436782.png (1920x1505, 2.41M)

>its some nigger who didn't even play the game whining about the story
This is so common on Yea Forums its not even funny anymore.

>didn't you killed him

This is too much. Xehanort is the one who killed him but everyone including real life blaming Terra for it.

Attached: 1545619350588.png (258x544, 105K)

>It's some retard who can't read more than one post
The game's shit story doesn't get any better.

Attached: 1551046538277.png (581x803, 445K)

Why is she texting in the middle of their training? Is Terra that shit at keeping her attention during their sparring?

Namine is described as a phantom, even less of a nobody than a nobody.

So while she is a nobody created from Kairi's heart released from Sora's body,there was no body for her to BE, because Kairi had her own still, and Roxas had Sora's.

They were just taking a break user

Sure thing, TerrAnon.

Someone brings me up to speed about the characters' relationships.
I want to want to this picture, but i don't know anything about the setting.

here

Attached: 1523813033392.png (868x566, 329K)

That was not helpful so i checking the wiki.
>they're all friends, it's not 寝取られ
Dropping.

All of the characters in KH3 are impotent or eunuchs, because having a sexual relationship would be haram, and against Disney's plan for a clean universe.

Just as a justification for a spinoff.

why are aqua's shorts so much tighter in kh3

>Sora has more romantic chemistry with Riku than he does with Kairi
Figures

>themes and symbolism
Bull fucking shit, its about shonen acenes and you know it.

The heart - soul - body trifecta makes sense until you realize everyone is able to spawn new bodies all the time and the entire point is that each three parts of you is each all of you, and you become new people if you spend time split apart. It's just shaky

This is really what happened. People don't give a fuck about Kairi.

Attached: 1551186509033.jpg (1280x1707, 298K)

Except for the fact that she gets a body.
Look I know its a nonexistent dream world or whatever and anything can be true, but the idea of not having a body is ridiculous in this setting when no matter what matter cokes togetger around whatever you are and makes you into a humanoid

What do you guys think the next game will be like? When do you think we'll get it?
Here's what I'm kind of expecting:
>less graphically intensive game, released for digital stores and designed to run perfectly on Switch to give Switch owners a taste of KH besides the inevitable Story So Far port (also so they can spend less time working on the game)
>you play as Riku and someone else, maybe Roxas, or perhaps a team of 3 and you can play as whichever one you want
>go to the Verum Rex world or whatever it's called in order to save Sora, but Sora can't stop himself from being sucked away to who knows where because his spirit is so weak after abusing the power of waking or some shit
>somehow there are Disney worlds in this alternate dimension, maybe they've been locked away by darkness or some shit, just make something up
>there's either a Star Wars world, a Marvel world, or both. Probably a world based on Episode 4 or maybe 5 and explain that Darth Vader's darkness is what's keeping the world in the darker dimension or some shit
>at the end of the game Sora is returned to normal and everything seems great until suddenly Luxu's unknown plan springs into action or some other cliffhangery shit happens which sets up the next game

Nomura probably wants to dump the disney aspect of the games altogether.

So Sora has two bodies (himself and Roxas) because when he was a baby his heart was pure enough to take Ven's heart after he dieded or whatever?

This would probably be for the best. Or, at least, they could do this concept I've outlined and not have Disney stuff be a part of it, just have a bunch of unique worlds, maybe even a Final Fantasy world or worlds based on Square-Enix franchises rather than a focus on Disney. It would fit something that would be treated more as a side-story than anything else.

Hold the fuck on for a moment. Wasn't it indicated somewhere in one of the games that "the ones who can cast the strongest light, could also have the darkest shadows"? Some shit like that was either mentioned in KH2 or BBS. Maybe the latter since Xehanort was trying to sell the darkness to Terra throughout the game.

But keep in mind that in the end, Kingdom Hearts IS a Disney property. Disney knows all of the characters and concepts in all KH games except for the characters owned by Square-Enix. If Disney wants Disney properties in the game, it doesn't matter what Nomura wants. And if Nomura or Square-Enix back out, Disney can just go ahead and make KH games without them, there's nothing stopping them. Honestly, it's shocking that Disney lets them have so much free reign. Sure, they probably insisted on having Frozen or Pirates or whatever be in the game of the time, but they seemingly allow whatever the hell to happen with the characters and plot and give Nomura a lot of freedom. That nigga basically killed off Donald fucking Duck and it was okayed by Disney.

This may be the explanation for Sora's Anti Form shenanigans. I've also heard it explained as being a remnant of when Sora was a Heartless, so who knows.

>Disney knows all of the characters and concepts in all KH games
Meant to say they own all the characters and concepts