I genuinely believe 0 A.D. will eventually become the greatest strategy game of all time

I genuinely believe 0 A.D. will eventually become the greatest strategy game of all time.

Attached: EgyptianPyramids.jpg (1600x900, 904K)

weird way of spelling aoe4

its basically everything i wish age of empires was

Attached: mauryan-structures.jpg (1920x1080, 763K)

does this game have units fight in formations? i always wanted an AoE game but where the battles didn't look like fucking shit

the GOAT strategy game was released 20 years ago

Attached: scbw.jpg (220x264, 22K)

>does this game have units fight in formations
yes

Attached: album_image-12.php.2.jpg (1024x768, 235K)

>FOSS AoE
Seems interesting. How playable is it?

starcraft does not have any more depth than even the most mediocre of RTSs do. its just that it has been played so to death thanks to koreans that people have developed autistic techniques in it.

oh fuck that's great

what other combat mechanics are there? do units just sorta form automatically? does flanking do anything? does the AI try to do it? do units have the old rock paper scissors thing with infantry, cavalry and missiles?

this is great and all, but when can i play it

it's free, but it's been in alpha for about 40 years, so don't get your hopes up too high. just google play0ad

there's no campaign or anything yet and it has optimization problems, but it is very playable. not like you have anything to lose by trying it.

what good is an arbitrarily deep amount of strategy if the gameplay doesn't serve every corner of those strategies fairly? starcraft is the perfectly balanced game in terms of depth, skill, and excitement.

its historically accurate AoE and in an extreme alpha stage. nothing too crazy, its just seems to give you an advantage in positioning mostly.

Attached: 0ad.jpg (500x375, 96K)

>and in an extreme alpha stage
Still?

even dune legacy is better than sc

You'd be better served sampling a wide variety of RTS using a wide variety of strategies instead of playing SC for 2000 hours like some third worlder.

Wait, I recognize that dog model. Isn't that from Age of Mythology?

its come a long way, but idk man, feels like it needs a lot more work. its fun to play though.

Attached: BritsAbroad.jpg (1600x900, 731K)

didn't it start development almost 20 years ago? the fuck?

I play games to have fun though. Starcraft is ridiculously fun, even two decades later.