Starts off like shit with forced stealth memes and annoying invisible enemies

>starts off like shit with forced stealth memes and annoying invisible enemies
>becomes kino halfway through with square head &Knuckles

lmao this shit is way more entertaining the resident evil will ever be and hearing that sweet ass safe room theme echoing in a dark corridors fills your soul with hope, capcom pissed off their best man

Attached: file.png (203x295, 98K)

I was one of the few people who liked this game too, just bought the 2nd one not too long ago. The first time I rounded a corner and a clown mask was pointing a shotgun at me, I had a heart attack. Loved it from that point on

Also
>TEW - 30 hour campaign + more of you want to unlock everything
>RE7 - 8 hours long, no additional modes on the release day

Resident Evil is trash. I can't wait to see what Tango works on next

Attached: The_Evil_Within_Chapter_15_An_Evil_Within_3-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

I almost dropped this then it started picking up after stage 3. I died a ton though

yeah after the first two stealth baiting chapters the game is a blast. shame about the second game though

The mansion level is kino

It really is.

Im not saying RE2 isn't great, its phenomenal but the original evil within just felt better and you can feel its influence all over re2 remake

the second one is straight ass gas tho

I absolute love both games. I don’t understand why people dislike the sequel

Too bad the sequel is absolute ass, The Evil Within is wasted potential.

After the beginning of the game it just turns into Resident Evil 4.
Not that that's a bad thing.
Though it lacks suplexes.

It got rid of some of the best aspects of the first game and made a ubisoft style open world game. i thought it was ok but it definitely was a letdown after the potential the first game had.

If they don't reveal a new game directed by Mikami at E3 this year, I'm going to say he's stealth retired.

Evil Within is one of the most polarizing series I've seen.
It's a pure coinflip when I enter a thread. They either say the first one was great and the second is shit, or it's the other way around.

Probably. His Twitter is filled daily with travelling pics and exotic food.

I really liked the stealth personally, and there's like only a couple invisible enemies. The problem kind of is the game's tone is all over the place from a gameplay perspective. The first real level is largely stealth focused with tons of traps everywhere that you can use to the advantage and rewards understanding map layout and mechanics and planning accordingly. You can conserve your ammo by being intelligent with your surroundings. Then the rest of the game is nothing like that and stealth pretty much never comes back into play except for the odd section here and there. Mechanics are introduced, heavily used during their introduction, and then they vanish.
Overall I really enjoy the game, thought it was an excellent horror game. To be honest I think I would say I enjoyed it more than RE2make even though I think the latter is probably objectively a better game. Still it feels like its missing some key elements that could have made it a masterpiece.
I agree Clair de Lune is kino af

So is Kojima's, but he might actually be making something. Maybe.

both are good games, just different styles that appeal to different crowds - it's really sad too, it's just like every RE thread where half the anons think the new stuff is shit and the other half think the old stuff is shit - can't we all just get along and enjoy the dam games?

I actually liked the "stealth" sections at the beginning, the non-linear areas felt nice to run through. The end-game is basically one big hallway. Still loved the game though, hope TEW3 brings back Mikami as director.

I'd rather have him make something new. Evil Within's existence screams that Zenimax bought him to make them their own Resident Evil, and that's what he was going to do, like it or not.
I can't imagine the guy who made the progression of RE4 to God Hand to Vanquish wanting to dial it way back.

The campaign in TEW is absolutely not 30 hours long.

1989 Tiananmen Square protests

>this fucking guy got away with everything

Attached: afa254ea2a3e51120265fd8afa002c15.png (1024x475, 824K)

it's nice to look at, RE games are more fun to replay

Both TEW games would be so fucking good if they didn't have any of that stealth shit in them.

That may be, but there's evil within, too.

A normal playthrough lasts about 15 hours, but RE7 is actually shorter than 8 hours, if anything, TEW is too long, still very enjoyable.

>Comparing TEW with RE7
Fuck you on about, retard? TEW was obviously inspired by RE4.
Or are you avoiding that comparison because we all know the latter is better?

Attached: 1548907271418.jpg (512x512, 50K)

Because the sequel had some retarded gameplay decisions like enemies literally not dropping any ammo.

They need to understand 3rd person horror games are not actually scary anymore, they don't do anything by extremely hindering a player's capacity to fight. You can stock up on ammo in TEW2 for literally half of the game and lose it all on a single firefight.

They're different genres though, why should they be compared? Not that guy by the by.

The sequel had terrible variety too, I only remember 5 enemy types

Zombies, the dual head monsters that went on all fours, the big zombies that spat venom, the fire zombies and the big flamethrower guys

He did. What a mad lad.