Anyone played this? Is it any good? Any other compile hearts games I should try?

Anyone played this? Is it any good? Any other compile hearts games I should try?

Attached: death-end-request-527529.11.jpg (1500x1500, 421K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xX8eo3VKBAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just finished it last night. It’s honesly a fantastic RPG/Visual Novel and the gameplay was really fun. I picked it up on a whim on release and I’m really glad I did.

Attached: 19586260-FEF5-4738-AE02-5C90228FAECA.jpg (900x1204, 340K)

How much lewd/fanservice is there?

Their games are all mediocre.
Avoid nepshit like the plague; their non nep games are usually decent at the very least.

Attached: 1538380098704.gif (500x606, 2.92M)

When the characters enter their super mode, they lose most of their clothing. There's some suggestive CGs as well. Besides that, it's pretty light on fanservice compared to what CH usually shits out.
Perhaps to compensate, it's much more violent and gory than their usual games.

Attached: Death end re;Quest_20190221145229.jpg (1920x1080, 366K)

Planning to pick it up. I'll be getting my tax refund soon, so I figure I'll pick up this, DMC5 and KH3 all in one go.

You can see the girls’ panties when they run and you tilt the camera up

Lewd

Ordered this and it arrived on Sunday but I'm at university for another 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to speeding through it over spring break.

It’s only around 25 hours long so it’s a pretty quick game. Shouldn’t take more than a week to beat if you’re busy.

i'm two chapters away from finishing it and i've really enjoyed it a lot. the only annoying part so far has been the wild goose chase for the palace keys in chapter 6.
good plot, great characters, awesome battle system, good music - overall, it's a hidden gem that's worth checking out.

The castle was annoying as shit both times.
>most bullshit dungeon in the entire game is the first one.
What the hell happened there?

Attached: 1545329370444.png (792x598, 333K)

Waiting for PC port along with the PC port of Dragon Star Varnir

the part where you have to move lucil across those narrow platforms in the air was infuriating, i fucked that one up a bunch of times just because of the camera alone.

How long are Nep games in comparison?

How hard did snoy censor, or is it still nice and indecent

Absolutely nothing censored or edited. For some reason Dragon Star Varnir did get SNOY'd so wait for that to come to PC.

btw, was anyone else reminded of digimon world 1 from this music?
youtube.com/watch?v=xX8eo3VKBAU
to me, it has the same type of vibe as file city night and ice sanctuary.

About the same, between 20-40 hours

Is it just me or did this game seem to take a lot of notes from P5? P5 was fantastic, but I couldn’t shake the feeling there was a lot of influence on this.
>first level is a castle
>support character hacks into the levels like Futaba
>going back and forth between the real and dungeon worlds and doing things in the real world that affect the virtual world
>The area with the Ludens is very similar to the Velvet Room
>Arata’s design looking like Joker
>the ending where the two dimensions merge together and fuck up the city

Attached: 41E644D1-782A-4150-9AFA-41FA8976CA5E.jpg (720x1280, 143K)

And Mary Skelter 2 is in limbo because of SNOY.

Attached: 1540061079245.gif (267x199, 3.36M)

Seems like a lot of Jap devs been taking notes from P5

i definitely noticed that too. it kind of feels like p5 meets cyber sleuth.

Plus Senran Kagura 7even

Mr. Enigma felt like they wanted their own Teddie/Morgana

Attached: E477E951-0D35-4592-9D7C-6BF26BE995F8.jpg (579x431, 60K)

He wasn't annoying enough to be a Teddie/Morgana though.

mr. navit > mr. enigma > morgana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> teddie

Attached: mrnavit.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

I fucking just LOVE games where you can die for choosing wrong outside of battle.
Its 64 fucking bucks and is short? I'm 6 hours in and don't even have 4 main sluts yet. Are you guys rushing this shit?

>tfw liked Teddie

Attached: 1527028852226.png (640x360, 243K)

>I fucking just LOVE games where you can die for choosing wrong outside of battle.
that's the point, they want you to check every option. you get rewarded with items or money for seeing every outcome, including the bad ones. it's not an issue as long as you save regularly.

It’s “short” compared to other games in its genre. Games like Persona or Xenoblade can dip into the 100 hour range, where this game shouldn’t take you more than 30-40 hours at the most.

If I could save as easy as the Nep games and not between camps I'd be fine with this but at least the combat pool/pinball like system it has makes it REAL easy to kill shit. And yes I ate the fucking fish.
Is there a post game?

>volcano area
>camp site with a save point nearby.
>in the same area, a bit closer to the boss is another save point
>wondering why they even bothered to put one there when the last save point was ten seconds away from it.
>trip the flag to make the boss appear.
>realize what the save point is actually for.

Attached: 1548238231466.jpg (594x383, 35K)

you can save at any point during most cutscenes too.

Isn't that standard fare for a VN?

is it just me, or did the entoma queen in the volcano area have a ridiculous amount of hp? both al AND lucil went into glitch mode during that fight for me and it still took a while.

I expected a CH game and, oh boy, I was right.
It's a Neptunia game with a different skin, a battle system that makes you question what the fuck were they smoking and a story that's gonna be amazing to you if you're under the age of 20.
The fan service is Senran Kagura tier.
If you're a horny weeb you'll love the game, that for sure.
I'm honestly mad that CH won't fucking change their formula no matter what. I can only play the same game so many times.
My 2 cents.

I had to turn the game to easy mode just to beat that fight. It was the only thing in the game that actually gave me any trouble. Even the final boss wasn’t too crazy.

i didn't have to go that far, but i did spam some healing and revival items at times.

The story was great. Did you even beat the game?

Attached: 891F9FC7-38A6-4F83-A423-FE47A61C79EE.jpg (540x164, 18K)

>a battle system that makes you question what the fuck were they smoking
if you didn't have fun with the battle system, i question what the fuck *you* were smoking. it's legitimately one of my favorite battle systems in any jrpg.

Is the battle system like VIIR or VII?

Oh
Fuck me

Same. Its like pool/pinball. I still don't get how to get over enemies that counter boobs/bee princess though. Just don't have her attack them?

Haven't played it because I'm waiting for the PC port (never ever)

Why wouldnt there be a PC port?

Are there any men

i just switch out any character that happens to. i'm not really sure how that countering thing works.

Yea Forums told me there won't be

Is zombieland saga actually worth watching

nep 4 is pretty "ok" if it's your first and only nep game

Yes. (You)

yes

In the real world section of the game you play through a VN as a dude and have a few other male characters including a bro tier friend, Alex Jones working at Starbucks, your boss, and a few villains. In the actual game world the only man is the shopkeeper and an NPC you meet much later in the game who plays a small role and lets you upgrade your summons.

The corpse party creator keduin wrote this game

There are attacks / skills that you acquire kinda late into the game that neutralizes counters, don't remember the triact combinations for those, but they're worth getting if you don't want to get destroyed in the Pain Zone

That explains my arousal.

>reach the ending
>think the endings are kinda short and leave a lot to the imagination.
>figure Shina's ending might be more conclusive.
>it is, but then it starts sequel baiting with whatever happened with Lydia.
Fug.

Attached: Death end re;Quest_20190225162435.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

tfw the game sold like shit and we’ll never actually get a Death End 2 even with the sequel baiting

Attached: 588890B7-DE94-4FF5-9678-C674A6489016.gif (220x220, 44K)

It broke even user, the fuck are you talking about?

It sold like shit?

do we even know how it sold yet?

Western sales are irrelevant when it comes to small nip games like this getting sequels.

Threadly reminder that this game scored 15 points higher than Anthem. Where were you when AAA was BTFO by Compile Heart?

Would've made around 20k+ sales by now not including the west. So it already broke even for CH.

I assumed it sold poorly in nipland based on how little fanart there is for the game on pixiv and the boorus. Usually fanart is a good litmus for popularity.

Fuck yes.

Not every Japanese games is Touhou. Especially if it's a one-off thing like this is.

There was like ONE copy in my Best Buy and ZERO anywhere else in a 50 mile radius outside 1 gamestop in Dallas. So I'm not even sure how many copies they even put out there. On top of Compile Hearts giving it zero advertisement.

>going to stores
I ordered it on Amazon and it came just two days later with free shipping even without Prime. And I didn't have to tip a cashier either.

I had to drive out to a GameStop ten miles from my house that only had one copy that they didn’t even have on a shelf and an employee had to dig out of a box and gave me a disappointed look when he saw the cover art.

I'm legitimately surprised there's a physical release of it in the west at all. I think that's probably a benefit to it if anything

>drive
>ten miles from my house
Oh the horror

tip a cashier?
Haha the kid that handed to me at Best Buy had to get the one copy from the back. He looked it at and then me and was like expecting a CoD shooter or some shit.
All the Senrans have had at least 4 copies each in every store in my area to date.

As opposed to the 3-4 other GameStops half the distance away from me. It’s not that it was long, it’s just that it wasn’t at any of the ones I usually go to.

That art reminds me a bit of Mary Skelter nightmares, same artist?

Yes

Feels far more like a Digimon game than Persona, in my opinion. It ticks all the right boxes so much that it feels like an extended "wait, what?" Digimon scene. I am getting major Juri flashbacks.

I so desperately crave digital based settings and glitched out/buggy aesthetics, that I bought it instantly.
I can't wait for Caligula Overdose for more.

He designed most of the main characters, but huke designed four of the villains.

Attached: 9F306155-3959-4DC2-8562-D0CC9B650C1F.jpg (340x453, 29K)

Nice, picking up.

the one thing it's really lacking is that tamer-partner dynamic. the buggies are cute, but they're nowhere near the same.

Al is basically their dog, but yeah no partner roles to be seen. I don't think that's a problem though.

The whole game feels like their take on the Digimon movies, to be honest.
Summer Wars is still the best story of that type though.

What happens to Lydia? She was the cutest, so I hope it's nothing bad.

Heavy spoilers.
She's actually an angel that was sent to the world to fix shit from going wrong. She breaks some rule and vanishes from the world. She never existed in the degraded world created in the ending, but the cast intends on finding her.

you watch her murder somebody