The sad thing is he is absolutely right, EVO will be begging Melee to come back...

The sad thing is he is absolutely right, EVO will be begging Melee to come back, having games on there that do not deserve to be there and instead are just there for monetary reasons is not what EVO is about.

Attached: 1551235234010.png (565x379, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/SquareElatedArmadilloChocolateRain
youtu.be/zQWn2bBDmMQ?t=1941
steamcharts.com/app/794580
geek.com/games/john-carmack-coded-quake-on-a-28-inch-169-1080p-monitor-in-1995-1422971/
smashboards.com/threads/new-at-shine-mines.352753/
youtube.com/watch?v=IoyvvEWHodk
youtube.com/watch?v=sR1_WNwxDAs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_Championship_Series
youtu.be/h7O4zOXALIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>unist money

Attached: 12253592059.jpg (480x360, 18K)

fucking COPE
leffen is the saltiest faggot out there, no contest

IF YOU LIKE TRASH BLOWS MELEE FUCKING KILL YOURSELF RIGHT NOW
IT'S OVER

>Bo3
Body Odor 3?

>l-lol who cares about e-evo, haha M-Melee forever!
Damn the cope is real

the only shill pick is babytag
seriously who the fuck wanted that over guilty gear

>They prioritized games that paid them to be there instead of viewership or community support

t. A player of a game that paid $230k to get Melee on the main stage in 2013

Probably because last event the entire facility basically smelled like moldy human shit because of the attendees inability to perform basic hygiene or don deodorant in their fatflaps.

>Evo will beg for Melee
Sure thing champ. Melee has had to raise money to be a part of Evo in the past, and no one is going to miss a bunch of autistic fags lugging around CRT TVs and complaining about not having hand warmers. Melee fags are the most entitled annoying people at Evo and Melee's exclusion is 10 years over due.

Samsho is too. Even if it is a new game in a classic series, it doesn't even have a release date right now, just a vague comment about early summer. SNK paid for it to get in.

>BBTAG over Guilty Gear
>SamSho showing up at all
Yes there was no money involved at all in these decisions

I don't think evo will give a shit, ultimate will do big numbers.
He's right though in that melee is better off without evo. Every single melee supermajor last year was better than evo and it always caused drama just by being there.

>They prioritized games that paid them to be there instead of viewership or community suppor

That's how Evo has worked for the past ten years

I hope melee never comes back to the main stage.

Attached: 1538575528273.jpg (184x184, 11K)

>SNK
>large amounts of money
>being able to afford shilling and paying people off

>samsho
>having money to be in one of the biggest tournies

>Begging a dying game to come back when you have Ultimate
I will not miss the Autists that did not know how to take a shower or wash their balls. They were called Smellee fans for a reason.

Viewership is down for melee all over. Ultimate is the new generation of games.

I'd rather play NRS game than play the putrid shit that is smash. Also all smash fans stink.

LOL

Attached: IMG_4134.png (803x347, 44K)

This, anyone who thinks those two deserve to be at EVO are fucking fools should have given those slots to dead or alive 6 and ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 instead at least those are real games

No no no...Bacterial Orifices 3.

That's where you're wrong. This is what the core values of EVO is all about now. Money

Stupid fucking Leftist. I can't wait for President Donald J. Trump to ship him off back to wherever he came from.

>Ultimate is the new generation of games.
Everyone plays it but I doubt it will get viewers

Heh... I don't think you're aware of what you've just created. You're foolishness might just have destroyed the whole FGC.

Yeah... it's time to be afraid.

clips.twitch.tv/SquareElatedArmadilloChocolateRain

Attached: 1538098107501.jpg (200x195, 7K)

>SNK
>having money
what the actual fuck are you niggas talking about

>community support
Melee isn't part of the FGC though and harasses and disrupts other games when they share venues

>EVO will be begging Melee to come back
>are just there for monetary reasons is not what EVO is about
there is irony in these two segments being together in the same line

>smelee fag cope
Yeah bro keep making excuses
Your faggot game is dead, all that time you wasted learning "tech" was pointless
Go take a shower

melee got more viewers than ultimate at the last major even though it was a pretty dull tournament and hbox shit on everyone.

Nobody's going to beg for Melee back. Not even Melee players. UNIST didn't get Melee kicked out of Evo. Ultimate didn't get Melee kicked out of Evo. Melee got Melee kicked out of Evo.

Nobody wants to watch a four hour top 8 that Leffen will go on Twitter to complain about because the entire tournament wasn't Bo5 and didn't run all Friday and Saturday. Nobody wants to pay for obsolete TVs that nobody else will use for one fucking tournament. Nobody wants to watch Hungrybox time people out in a game with 8 minute rounds. Actually, no, Melee players want to watch that. And that's the fucking thing.

You faggots are the only ones who care about Melee. Yes, there are a lot of you, but nobody else wants to tolerate your bullshit. Smash majors are Smash majors for a reason, because they're the only ones who understand and cater to your autism. The incestuous nature of your community has made it so that nobody else can even come close to comprehending the depths of fucking retardation it takes to seek out Gamecube controllers with a one-in-a-million factory defect that makes a glitch easier to perform, much less dropping out of a fucking major because you don't have such a controller. I'm used to calling the Melee community a cancer, but I now realize that was a lie. Cancer spreads. Cancer changes its surroundings and infests it. But Melee doesn't change the FGC. Melee didn't make us keep setups clear for entitled players to practice in. Melee didn't make us meticulously adjust every bracket so Leffen got a free ride to top 8. Melee certainly didn't stop us from practicing personal hygiene. Melee is a sick animal, and if McRib did one good thing this entire year it was taking the first step to putting it out of its misery.

And stay down.

Attached: 1446059157630.jpg (262x263, 9K)

Because Ultimate fans don't mind watching Melee so they just afk/watch it until their game is up. Melee fans never do that to other games.

hahahahahahaha oh fuck

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 93K)

holy mother of based

>snk
>paid
you are a literal fucking retard
retard of the year post

VINCE DIDN'T SCREW MELEE
*MELEE* SCREWED MELEE

Attached: bret screwed bret.jpg (300x168, 5K)

Best of 3

Cringe

based

How can Smeleefats ever recover?

>EVO will be begging Melee to come back
What do you mean by Melee? Nintendo? A bunch of autists? I'm sure Nintendo is glad that this game is finally dying, so the event can advertise only their newer Smash game, instead of some old shit.

Also, UNIST is great, and I'm happy it took Melee's place. Actually, even if it wasn't UNIST, even if it was another game, It's still amazing that FINALLY EVO won't have two games of the same franchise there.

Pretty much. The only reason to why Melee was still there stealing space was because of money, if they really cared more about the games and event than the money, Melee wold've been dropped as soon as Brawl came out, don't matter if it was good or bad.

Attached: 1532121718705.png (371x404, 235K)

top 8 runs the same as other EVO top 8's, compare the vods

Solid post, user

Lets pretend its not a pain in the ass to bring CRTs with them because Melee needs them vs every other game being playable on modern tech. Fuck smash and melee

Melee also fucked over MvC3's last year due to the power draw.

Melee fags on suicide watch

BASED

melee doesnt change the fgc because its not a fighting game

mango rushed to hospital after overdosing on pills and booze live on stream

Attached: F.webm (1280x720, 2.25M)

Saved.

Attached: salute2.jpg (655x815, 85K)

>having games on there that do not deserve to be there

Attached: 1426300304904.gif (216x158, 1003K)

How can Meleefags ever recover?

STINKY DAY IS CANCELLED

Can't wait to see Melee at next year's EVO, and watching Yea Forums get BTFO'D like usual.

JESUS CHRIST

Attached: 1328482490066.jpg (386x359, 37K)

Okay, this is based

Fuck you Kermit poster. Melee is the reason EVO is as popular as it is today! WHO HAD THE HIGHEST NUMBERS?! WHO HAD THE BIGGEST MOST LOYAL FANBASE?! WHO CONSTANTLY HAS FULL STREAMS AND GAMES?! To drop Melee after all the game has done for EVO is nothing short of a betryal all fighting game fans should be outraged at THEY THREW THEM ASIDE FOR SHITTY CASHGRAB GAMES LIKE FIGHTERZ CROSSTAG AND THIS NEW SAMURAI SHIT!

For you to jump up and defend such a practice is nothing only hurtful it's pathetic. Where is your soul?! Where is your pride as a gamer!? You're a nothing Kermitfag and I have nothing to say to ghosts.

Attached: Fuckyou.jpg (1000x1000, 147K)

Attached: 02.27.2019 The day melee (finally) died.png (1331x294, 74K)

DBFZ actually ran way longer than anything else at Evo last year. Top 8 was like 3 hours long.

Attached: 8Lglal0.gif (330x248, 1.92M)

jeezus dude

Attached: 1543525975256.jpg (1200x1200, 151K)

The year is 2019

Attached: Ninamori 2.jpg (1000x1500, 182K)

Based and redpilled

Fanart of Kermit disembowling Fox when

Attached: meme.jpg (963x721, 116K)

The only reason Melee was at Evo to begin with was money

Attached: 1300429637996.jpg (544x400, 49K)

SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER
BODY WASH AND LOTION

Absolutely fucking based, show em brother

Attached: 1522522615150.jpg (640x480, 27K)

If company didn’t pay for evo, we would have SF 3, Garou and Skullgirls in every evo and pther oscures fighters. Life is hard

Maybe if you gave less popular games a shot in the spotlight, they'd grow.

>that based/cringe ratio
We did it

Attached: 1550980154436.jpg (600x800, 110K)

Very based.

Meleefags don't understand because they're Meleefags

Attached: 1491062596264.jpg (1488x2104, 2.01M)

Fine speech.

Im not surprised melee isnt getting a slot. I'm surprised ultimate is getting a slot after smash 4 shit the bed last year

Hahahaha smelee was not even the biggest game last year. It was SFV

cute girl!

Kermit once again telling Melee off.

MONEY THE COMMUNITY RAISED NOT MONEY DUMBASS CORPORATIONS PAID TO THE WIZ

For a community that cares so little about Evo, they sure thinking it's the end of Melee.

money is money, its not like a dollar from the community is worth 1.2 dollars

Not to wear out an already stale meme but this is cope in its purest form

This image.. wasted...

Attached: 1505849485438.png (978x972, 460K)

Fuck you melee nigger. He is not right, the game is old, the meta hasn't evolved and fags always pick top tier cancer a lá hungrybox.

Because grand finals was at like 2AM for ultimate, no wonder there wasn’t as many people

DENIAL
>This doesn't mean anything, Melee forever.
BARGAINING
>If the top 8 players got together and hosted a tournament, it would blow EVO out the water!
ANGER
>EVO will come crawling back those bastards can't backstab us like this
DEPRESSION
ACCEPTANCE
To be seen.

Who had the highest numbers? How about SFV for smashing entry records and DBFZ for being the most viewed Evo game on Twitch? To say nothing of Tekken's continued growth.

Biggest and most loyal fanbase? How about Street Fighter, which has seen tournament play from some of the same faces since and even before fucking 1994?

Who constantly has streams? How about every fucking game under the sun? VSav gets played at a tournament several times a year and motherfuckers are happy to bring their set-ups. UNIST got in off the fucking back of the FGC wanting to give the series exposure after having side tournament status for years. And they STILL get streamed. People stream, play, and watch Sailor Moon S and fucking ENJOY IT.

Meleefags always fall back on the numbers, because numbers are all they have. Ants also have numbers, and just like ants you are fucking PESTS and SQUATTERS in the house that Super Turbo, Accent Core, Tekken 3, Mortal Kombat, MvC2, 3S, and countless other games have built. If you don't need Evo, you don't need the fucking FGC. If you won't take side tournament status because you feel like it's unfair or undignified, then do everyone a favor and don't stink up the venue in August you fuck.

Attached: 1537405108731.jpg (300x300, 12K)

ABSOLUTELY IRREFUTABLY BASED AND THE REDDIST OF RED PILLED

Attached: 1b4.jpg (479x290, 24K)

DAY OF THE SOAP IS HERE SMELEE AUTISTS BTFO'D

STOP THE STINKIES ARE ALREADY DEAD

>UNIST paid to be there

is this autist retarded?

Ding Dong Diddly Based

Irrefutable. Good night Melee, this doggy's dead.

Reminder this fucking swedecuck got blown the fuck out by go1 and dogura because he can't play anything but baby games for toddlers.

> The incestuous nature of your community has made it so that nobody else can even come close to comprehending the depths of fucking retardation it takes to seek out Gamecube controllers with a one-in-a-million factory defect that makes a glitch easier to perform
UCF mitigates this drastically.

>Nobody wants to pay for obsolete TVs that nobody else will use for one fucking tournament.
CRTs are cheap as dirt and are usually provided by the community. There's a sizable Melee scene in every major city, and EVO is held in fucking Vegas. The scarcity of CRTs is not even remotely an issue and I don't know why it's meme'd so much.

>Nobody wants to watch Hungrybox time people out in a game with 8 minute rounds. Actually, no, Melee players want to watch that.
You literally have top Melee players dropping the game/going on hiatus because of how much they hate playing HBox at every major.

>SNK having money
>BBTag being in when it's been getting hyped up again
>French Bread having money
melee fags truly are ignorant of every scene outside of their own aren't they?

PUFF KILLED MELEE

anybody who thinks evo isn't a commercial is a fucking mongo

buying a shit ton of CRT's is expensive and they take up a shit ton of space. Also nintendy probably wants ultimate at all the events.

I'm actually hella sad Melee didn't make it into Evo this year. As someone who had gone in the past, I was really looking to go and compete this year. :c

Also - hmu on netplay sometime for you nerds that actually play. Name's Millyawns.

Attached: 2016-07-15 21.35.34-1.jpg (3264x2448, 2.08M)

STINKYFAGS BTFO

I'm glad we have anons like you to keep meleefags and their superiority complex in check.

So glad I'm staying awake for all this Melee salt and denial.

Leffen's sourgrapes is fucking great but also sad, since he's clearly gifted at games other than Melee, so why not just play other fighting games? Wasn't he pretty good at KOF13 and DBFZ?

Attached: 1551234262323.gif (100x100, 26K)

Take your 300 lb CRTs and get the fuck out, worthless autists.

Attached: gordeauUNIEL.png (640x360, 362K)

>lefcuck already seething hardcore
Can't wait for the suicide stream

UNIST is published by ArcSys

>I doubt it will get viewers
>smash
>never getting high views
based retard

EVO (lately) rent CRTs though Gaming Generations, same as they do with regular monitors. The only time they have bought CRTs was to save EVO East 2006. youtu.be/zQWn2bBDmMQ?t=1941

Don't forget Melee can be played on monitors now that the Sewell converters are a thing. Wiis are dirt cheap and Melee can be USB loaded with ease. My local scene uses monitors and CRTs.

Attached: 2016-07-15 17.54.07.jpg (3264x2448, 2.01M)

He's also okay in Ultimate and could easily get better if he went all-in, but Meleefags gonna Melefag

gout

Seething that Melee is more successful than every fighting game besides street fighter
Go play your flavor of the month weebshit while Melee keeps going for 20 years and beyond

Attached: fox dab.png (332x303, 59K)

I've seen at least a dozen butthurt Meleefags blaming "SNK money" despite the company having no money at all. Even funnier is when they apply that same argument for UNIST, which has even less money.

Is this the standard NPC response from Meleefags? It's just so fucking automatic, like a reflexive denial they are programmed to say.

>Clinging this hard to dead technology.
LMAO AT YOUR LIFE RN

SHUT THE FUCK UP KERMIT YOU ARE WRONG! You You're gonna regret this! I swear to god you and the entire fucking community are gonna reget making enemies of us! WE MADE YOU! WE'RE THE REASON EVO FUCKING EXISTS

Attached: 1459186799586 (1).jpg (601x508, 94K)

SNK is part of 37 games which is a Top 25 Chinese company. These companies have to blow money on investments or the government gets pissed. SamSho was 100% bought

>WHO HAD THE HIGHEST NUMBERS?!
for what
certainly not entrants, which matters as far as actual money is concerned
>viewers
lmao you guys watch it for free nobody gets money from that, not even from the ads you block anyway

SNK is doing pretty well financially now, actually. They've been getting a lot of sales of SNK Heroines, King of Fighters, and their many arcade ports.

>more successful

then why did it not make EVO main stage, retard?

I think Melee as a game will always be played, but will people really give a shit about Melee tournaments once the gods are out? No one will care if Zain or Axe or any of the top 25 are reigning if it isn't pitted against the gods.

Kermit once again putting stinkers in their place

Not surprising a SOI filled weeb can't carry a measely 75lbs

Meleefags have two arguments

>muh numbers
>muh money

It's quite funny to see the self-contradicting philosophy that you are large and powerful and self-sufficient, but when games get ahead of you it's just because the circumstances are unfair and big scary corporations like SNK (seriously?) and French Bread (fucking SERIOUSLY?) buy spots.

i wonder with what money Snk paid since they are half a step away from bankruptcy.

Y-YES IT IS ALSO I KISSED THE DOLLAR BILL TO MAKE IT SPECIAL LIKE MY MOM DOES FOR ME
G-GRASS ROOTS,,

t.

Attached: 1550044666660.png (882x1289, 29K)

Another thing about CRTs: They are also rented en masse because a lot of side tournament games are ran on gen 5 consoles (or earlier) or arcade hardware, most of which run best on CRTs. Do you think that people are playing CvS2, MvC2, SF2, etc. on HDTVs at these events?

People were waiting for Ultimate and Genesis is historically Melee's biggest most important tournament anyways

>37games
>Bankruptcy

>is
I think you mean "was"

CRTs look like AIDS

how can anyone not use a high refresh rate LED/LCD display

>and instead are just there for monetary reasons is not what EVO is about
That's exactly what EVO has been about since SF4. It's not the 2000s anymore where EVO is a small group of diehard fans playing decade old games.

melee is one of my favorite games of all time, and even i have to admit that this post is spot on. melee is a great game wasted on an awful community, pretty much a microcosm of smash itself.
it's not a fighting game, it's a party game that people started taking WAY too seriously. meleefags and rosterfags are the shining examples of that.

Attached: 1547359840127.jpg (125x122, 3K)

yes and they definitely paid for it after having to also pay for BBTag and DBFZ right? Bamco wouldn't pay for DBFZ those greedy jews wont pay for anything so that means ArcSys "money" paid for three games.

Hey spacie players

He's coming

Attached: n8q0vijask8y.jpg (229x229, 9K)

Put me in the screencap Kermit Sempai

Attached: 1526466736262.jpg (412x441, 83K)

pick up a new game faggots

you think actual FG players are gonna play 3s and only 3s forever?

Melee got more viewers and entrants and Genesis and will at Big House than your irrelevant weebshit will get even at Evo. Melee is STILL more successful than every FGCuck game besides Street Fighter, even at a local level.

>They've been getting a lot of sales of SNK Heroines
>sales figures in the 5 digits TOTAL
>lots of sales
hahahaha
literally their biggest financial comeback is through mobage, not kof or their many arcade ports

what 37 games? 5 flops that look like PS2 games and a bunch of repackaged collections?

Include me in the cap!

Is that why Hungrybox cried on stream? Because Evo is irrelevant?

Attached: 1543537576111.webm (840x472, 2.49M)

Fortnite gets more viewers than both, I guess it's a fighting game :)

just put me in the screencap

>W-WE DON'T NEED EVO
>proceed to shit on every game at EVO that "stole Melee's spot"
>W-WE DON'T NEED EVO

I've never seen Leffen post something that doesn't feel like it should be read as if he were stuttering and holding back tears.

Attached: 1528232504057.jpg (1000x665, 512K)

>Melee got more viewers and entrants and Genesis and will at Big House
nigger what are you even trying to say? The tears in your eyes is making it hard to type huh.

>Give me a c
C!!!
>Give me an o
O!!!
>Give me a p
P!!!
>Give me an e
E!!!

>What's that spell?
COPE!!!!!

Attached: 1545986916697.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

>he doesn't even know the name of the company he thinks is bankrupt.

Where did I mention Melee being a fighting game? I said Melee is more successful than fighting games aside from street fighter. And fortnite is more successful than both, yeah.

SNK's been part of that since XIV, if the chinese were willing to give them any money at all why didn't they to hire people do make those goddamn sprites or hire more and better experienced people so the 3D didn't look the way it did? The developers even said they had a small budget. The chinese didn't give them money at all.

Nobody bought SNK Heroines on Steam. NOBODY. So Meleefags can't tell us that SNK is making money off of ports of this game without looking like complete retards.

steamcharts.com/app/794580

Attached: snk heroines.png (768x760, 310K)

evo should only have actual fighting games.

>Stinkies banned

Finally.

Attached: image.jpg (960x720, 384K)

>Biggest and most loyal fanbase? How about Street Fighter
I thought you were going to be talking about loyalty, not thirsty bootlickers thirsty for some of that sweet sweet capcom cup money after their corporate masters kill the previous title's tourney scene.

Attached: 1517897901218.jpg (338x402, 47K)

Hypothetically, if it IS just money, how much money would the meeleefags need to raise to buy a slot on the main stage?

>MELEE W-WILL WIN IN THE E-END AAAAAAAAAH

Attached: 1546701821277.png (404x383, 238K)

As someone who personally knows Axe, I'd be super happy to see Axe beat up non gods like Amsa and Westballz.

Nah, we have more.
Melee has a grassroots community. Nintendo has never supported the game though patches, tournament prize money, nothing.

Melee has a ever expanding meta. New tech is discovered all the time (Shine mines, Link's Bomb Rocket, Koopabackdashwaveslide Hoverwalkmoonland) and the game continues to get deeper. New story lines are written every year. People like Plup and Zain are winning tournaments over gods, and characters like Pikachu and Yoshi are now considered very tournament viable. The game is changing, and it has never needed a patch to do so. It's deeper than you would think at first glance.

That's very true, Melee numbers continue to impress.

Melee players want EVO because they want to feel included in the FGC, just like lots of other communities do. To people outside the Melee community, Melee is just a Smash game, but to Melee players, Melee is a entirely different experience that takes mechanics and techniques from KoF, Tekken, and other games to create a diverse sandbox fighting game that keeps players and spectaters on their toes. Melee is a game that does that better than any other game in the FGC, imo.

Attached: 2016-07-15 21.32.30.jpg (3264x2448, 2.14M)

Attached: teedusremake.jpg (960x544, 182K)

WE DON'T! We're just pointing out the hypocracy and rather and It pains me to say this, unfair targeting of a loyal and extremely passonite fanbase just because we can't compare to corporations or Mr/Wiz's corruption, he's scum he's the reason fighting games are so bad now and EVO is recked beyond repair. You're the ones who are unfairly prosecuting us because you're just jealous after all these years we're still popular while all your flavor of the month anime shit dies in 2 years or less!

There's no reason Melee isn't in EVO if you love fighting games, no fucking reason beyond corporate corrupt greed, You really think a fucking gamae made up of old shit and a fucking new game NOBODY has had the chance to play yet deserves EVO over Melee?! Also fuck Under night in birth nobody knew what it was til they latched on to that shitty

>Melee has a ever expanding meta.

More like spiraling downward.

>There's no reason Melee isn't in EVO if you love fighting games,
Melee isn't a fighting game though.

$94,683

The fact that you fucking retards think that SF is the most successful fighting game still is why no one will ever take you smelly faggots seriously.

I'm glad the evo staff won't have to move all those worthless CRT archaic tvs.

>implying low tier tech will ever advance the meta when shiek exists

YES IT IS IF IT WASN'T IT WOULDNT BE IN EVO IN THE FIRST PLACE God almost 20 goddamn years and you fuckers refuse to see reason, Now the other smash games you ahve a point about it especially ultimate it's the worst game in a long time you can't evall

This is literally going into Meleegate territory. Yeah, MrWiz is a cashfag and will bite the bullet if it means giving him more attention and shit in his wallet. I don't know if you've seen his personal Twitter but he's definitely a crybaby that makes the Ultimate kids look like adults lol

Care to explain to me how it's spiraling downward?

you melee fags really love your e celebs and story lines.

>mfw that one party game from 17 years ago where one of four people would always win is finally gone thus sparing my nostrils the horrid smells its autistic wrought

Attached: pxypd6u3x0j21.png (800x800, 666K)

i agree but don't unist especially when bbctb

Why wouldn't SF be the most successful? Because of some weebshit IP that is kept alive exclusively by third world spics got bigger numbers one year?

Thank fucking god.

Heh.
geek.com/games/john-carmack-coded-quake-on-a-28-inch-169-1080p-monitor-in-1995-1422971/
Hit me up with your shitty LCDs have sub 1ms of lag and can display more than 60Hz without costing an arm and a lag.

I started to resent the melee crowd at EVO
melee crowd couldn't really hang with anyone else because they didn't know how to play or even guess how to play other fighting games

>YES IT IS IF IT WASN'T IT WOULDNT BE IN EVO IN THE FIRST PLACE
So Catherine is a fighting game? Mario Kart DS is a fighting game? Puyo Puyo Tetris is a fighting game? They were all at Evo.

actual fighting game players can hit 1 frame links on regular LED monitors

git gud

Pretty based

Attached: 1478999665191.png (447x509, 479K)

>Shine mines
>new tech
5 year old "tech" is not new tech.
smashboards.com/threads/new-at-shine-mines.352753/
>Link's Bomb Rocket
I might give you that if it weren't just bomb jumping
>KBDW HWML (nice name you rank ass faggots)
It's a different way to do the same backwards wavedash for a few extra units of distance.

Melee is evolving and isn't solved.

absolute 100% truth.

they've always been at fucking odds with the fgc at large, and they got (rightfully) kicked out of evo for a couple years after the first time brawl got put in for being shitty little goblins

like fucking read what he posted, he's mad about finals being bo3 even though melee takes forever to play and there's limited time. they can't play nice with others and never fucking have

Considering Melee isn't even a fighting game, none of that is relevant. It's like saying Fortnite gets more viewers than Devil May Cry.

What a year 2019 has been. KHIII and DMC5 release, Melee dies, and we all get to Kermit tear another anus wide open.

Attached: jahy amaze.jpg (681x768, 136K)

Holy fuck

Attached: 1549492821667.jpg (1024x558, 47K)

FUCKING BASED

Enjoy your lag, fag

How about -
-V-Cancelling
-Introduction and standardization of UCF
-New controller legalizations such as Smashbox and B0XX
-Pivots and shielddropping now have more reliable methods for execution (On GCC)
-"Dooms Day Device" against ICs
-Buffered reverse/backwards walljumps
-Link Arrow Storage (Changing projectile IDs in RAM)
etc

literally based
Salem should join the FGC, he'll have a warm welcome here

Not to mention they stink. Quite literally. Their culture glorifies body odor.

>he thinks he can top the original
>the outdated original
lmao

Attached: 1550190699237.gif (320x320, 1.9M)

it is unreal that a man that ill feels he has any staying power
strip away all the fags willing to defend him and you just have another creepy autist that plays one game a little too much

mega BASED

Attached: evo core values.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

It's not even the most successful series in terms of numbers of copies sold.
>Weebshit kept alive by third world spics
Once again. This is why no one will ever take you smelly faggots seriously. Your scene is constantly pushing and pushing to be involved in FGC events but none of you will take two fucking seconds to ever bother with other fighting games save for like two people in your whole fucking community. Does the FGC shit on each other a lot? Yeah but with SFVs disappointment people have been opening up to other games now more than ever. Smash scene though? NOPE! You faggots still stick to your corner without even turning to look at the people around you. Yet you still somehow have the audacity to say your 15 year old game deserves to be in more than something that the FGC at large would prefer instead. Two slots. Two fucking EVO slots for six years while other games got scummed out to accommodate you autists. You faggots of all people should be able to appreciate grassroots growth of a community like UNIST or the constant growth in numbers which literally no other game in the FGC was having like Tekken despite almost no funding from the devs (also UNIST) but instead you'd rather bitch. This is why ONCE AGAIN you guys are a complete joke to everyone else in the FGC. Personally I hope Melee fucks off forever and never comes back.

Attached: 0460exv5b7611.jpg (345x354, 15K)

based chad

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST KERMIT THEY'RE ALREADY DEAD

Attached: thats_what_I_was_waiting_for.gif (480x270, 3.57M)

good post

Attached: 1515047880656.png (331x378, 291K)

YEAH IM SALTY MELEE IS OUT BUT WHERE THE FUCK MY BOY FEXL??

Attached: fighting-ex-layer-listingthumb-01-ps4-us-31may2018.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

>You faggots of all people should be able to appreciate grassroots growth of a community like UNIST

Don't you know? It's only grassroots if it applies to Melee. UNIST getting into Evo? That was TOTALLY fucking paid for by French Bread! Yes, French Bread, that highly successful multi-billion-dollar company.

HOLY SHIT LET THEM DIE IN PIECE KERMIT

Attached: 1419683191276.jpg (275x183, 11K)

Look at this spic lmao

Epic, we did it reddit!

Put me in the screencap

Attached: 1550091569692.jpg (186x195, 16K)

Because already Bayonetta got nerfed extra hard.
Plus Ultimate has had more characters winning regionals or nationals than in Melee/Sm4sh' first tournaments.
Plus Ultimate being balanced as fuck compared to all other games.
And everyone and their mom knew Tr4sh was dead and buried the moment Ultimate was announced.

Why the fuck would they have melee when ultimate will draw much more interest and ridership? Face it autists, it's time to move on.

>implying reddit isn't home to the fattest, smelliest meleefags of them all

There is literally no excuse why someone should be playing games in cold ass weather tho. I can barely fucking type right in a freezing classroom rather than the fucking outdoors.

>This is why no one will ever take you smelly faggots seriously.
I don't play Melee, but okay. Still doesn't change the fact that Dragonball is a corpse being paraded around because spics and niggers are shiteating retards.

>MONEY DOESN'T MATTER
>BUT MELEE BRINGS IN MONEY AND MCRIB SHOULD REALIZE THAT
THE INORY

>Tfw you waste 10 years of your life on a game that's officially dead now
Yes he actually started crying

Attached: Meleeplayerblownoutbyanime.webm (346x192, 2.98M)

I wonder if this Kermit-post will age as poorly as the last one.

> He says during the r/kappa chimp out.

this sad faggot of a human being should be beaten to death with a wooden club, but evo is shit.

Take your (you), you magnificent green bastard

Attached: 1549324847101.png (611x608, 417K)

Just give Ultimate a couple years when the DLC comes out and completely ruins the balance with an OP character like Nintendo always does.

>having games on there that do not deserve to be there and instead are just there for monetary reasons is not what EVO is about.
meleefag showing the self awareness that led to all the shower memes

>DBFZ is the only fighting game outside of SFV
>It's most successful players are definitely not Japanese at all nope
I fucking hate DBFZ but you're still acting like a fucking retard.

Arcsys don't even care about UNIST, just look at how they released the game around the time of cross tag. It's the players actually giving a shit about UNIST that it is in

These threads are really embarrassing. Pointless shit flinging and feeling superiority over a community you are not involved in within an event a vast majority of you won't be attending.

Attached: Kyle ticked.png (188x229, 37K)

based

Smash 4's balance was garbage from the start, do you not remember the era of HOO-HAH?

Fuck off faggot. Even people watching from home are more valuable than melee fucks.

You know he lives in Sweden, right? I don't like leffen but you're a retard.

We should have seen something like that with the base game, just like Sm4sh did, and yet more characters are escalating in tournamens, while top tiers are being beatable by until-recently ok tiers like Wolf.
We will talk IF that instance happens again.

sauce

Hungrybox is safer than anyone anyway
dude already has a real job (he's an engineer)

Do they play older games in fighting game series at EVO or is Melee the only one people expect to continue?

I actually attend evo and I'm glad idiots like you are too poor to join me. Shut the fuck up and watch what daddy puts on while the men like myself enjoy all the sick side tournaments in person, cuck.

Attached: 1525202247851.jpg (564x488, 137K)

This Kermit has said nothing that's not true of any dedicated gaming group. What is supposed to be the victory here?
Why didn't you faggots buy the Vampire Collection? You think I forgot about that? Nigga you fake.

>SNK
>having money

AT LEAST Ultimate is half entertaining

SF3 Third Strike, Sailor Moon S, and Windjammers (the NeoGeo one from the 90s) are really popular games that show up at EVO in the F2P area.

Melee was the only one on the main stage. Other old games still have side events, and Melee will now too, unless the community is too salty to bother.

Good thing about Melee not being at EVO is that we don't have to deal with the toxic ass FGC once a year anymore. My guess is that ROM or KoC is going to be reestablished to make up for the summer major spot that is now open which is mad hype.

Attached: NFN3B_LXjQkIOWie.webm (720x720, 425K)

No, he won't.

Unless by FGC you mean "people who actually go to tournaments" and not "people who cry about smash bros online", because the former group of people largely doesn't give a shit.

Fuck blazblue. Why the hell would anyone play that shit when Guilty Gear exists? Mori obviously paid their way in. Fuck wiz, fuck evo, fuck mrwiz, fuck blazblue.

Lmao. Shut up faggot. As if people in the venue didn't watch side tournaments online as well because the consoles are hooked up to tiny televisions in the corner of an hotel room.

But don't worry, they have games there nobody gives a shit about like BlazBlue, Samurai Shodown, Soul Calibur 6, and Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late(Whatever the fuck this actually even is).

>Kermitposter comes back
B A S E D

Great post user.

Attached: 1542592057359.png (500x738, 564K)

Stinkystanks want bother without the presence of muh gawds.

Cope and bathe

You sound like a complete retard. Do you know how many setups are going on at EVO? Do you know how many don't get streamed anywhere? Oh, no, you don't, because you're just a faggot stream monster blowing hot air. Keep shit posting and wasting your time, you gangly tool, while people get to keep playing whatever they like.

You're absolutely goddamn right!!!

Attached: 1535347585821.png (296x390, 7K)

>Why didn't you faggots buy the Vampire Collection?
I didn't have either of the consoles it was on.

>y-you are missing out on my jackie chan side tourney

Yeah whatever. Take your meme games and put them in the trash where they belong.

Are you trying to update your pasta since the one you made full of confident predictions in 2015 got utterly BTFO?

>yfw you're not a Meleefag

Attached: 1546913261324.jpg (1793x1920, 705K)

Attached: 1538249983574.jpg (640x640, 36K)

the bottom line is that smashfags hate real fighting games because they're not good enough to play them but still want the reputation that comes with being good at them. it's that simple. that's why they've invested so much time and effort into pretending their casual party game is really a fighting game. but at the end of the day, they have to turn off 90% of the game's content, exploit glitches that would have been patched out years ago in a modern game, and play one of the same five characters in order to pretend to be "hardcore."
a non-fighting game being at evo at all is ridiculous, taking up two fucking slots was absurd - and that's not even factoring in meleefags' outrageous demands, entitlement complex, and lack of respect towards any other game.

Attached: 1550543861965.png (696x504, 345K)

Embarrassing and sloppy comeback, user. You can do better than that.

>pointless
Talking shit is fun. Especially so when the community you're talking shit about is known for their superiority complex and toxicity. Don't act like Melee's absence is going to have a substantial impact on EVO.

I'm a retard for supporting Donald Trump??
Fuck you. You're about to see firsthand what us at r/the_donald can do.

THAT'S TOTALLY WHAT EVO IS ABOUT ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID

DID YOU FORGET ABOUT WB PAYING FOR INJUSTICE TO GET IN AFTER THE SKULLGIRLS/MELEE DONATION WAR?

10/10 post, user

WHAT A BLAST FROM THE FUCKING PAST.

EAT SHIT MELEEFAGS.

Attached: D0YRNCYXgAAAU24.jpg (963x721, 160K)

wait wat

Attached: crystallinebasedbeings.png (380x392, 201K)

Weren't meleefags yelling 'fuck hbox' in the crowd last tourny? I'd purge those faggots like McRibs did today too after that level of autism

right, so how many entrants and viewers do you think these new games are going to get over what Melee usually pulls?

Why are people still trying to push melee? The excuse of lack of skill cap in brawl and 4 is not relevant for Ultimate. The room for outplays with characters like Peach, Pichu and Lucina in ultimate is insane. Ultimate has a far larger pool of viable characters, around 8-10 depending on how things work out. Ultimate does not have jigglypuff cancer. Ultimate has a thriving scene with many new and younger players, like the beast 14 year old Japanese kid while melee is the same 6 guys battling it out for years. What about melee is more attractive than ultimate right now? Nothing. It's time to move on.

Put me in the screencap

every FUCKING TIME

>complaining about not having hand warmers.

but that is a legit complaint

>but none of you will take two fucking seconds to ever bother with other fighting games save for like two people in your whole fucking community
you mean like most people in the fgc.
>Does the FGC shit on each other a lot? Yeah but with SFVs disappointment people have been opening up to other games now more than ever. Smash scene though? NOPE! You faggots still stick to your corner without even turning to look at the people around you.
i mean if you have a game you like you aren't obligated to play another game,it's not melee players fault they still like there game while sfv fans didn't. also a ton more of people still play sfv. those other games didn't game much from sfv failing. skullgirls was made specially for mvc 2 fans mike z straight up added in the unitential mechanics that made mvc2 work at high level yet that still got pushed to the side so it's not just melee guys stick to there own game/series

what happened to dbfz was it going strong with sonicfox and g01

Attached: BASED.png (700x480, 36K)

Who cares? Even if they lost money because Stinky Nostalgiafag didn't sign up for melee, they are going to save just as much money not having to hunt for old-ass TVs and copies of a game so old it's now rare.

No matter what happens Melee will always be the best game of all time, and no kermit posting can change that.

Attached: 1455232403986.jpg (620x670, 93K)

>SKULLGIRLS
MikeZ is still mad about that shit isn't he?

>Melee got Melee kicked out of Evo.
>bret screwed bret may may

didn't Tr4sh just have a shit show Grand Final where the mirror Bayo match just jerked each other off for the split?

>CRTs are cheap as dirt

not thanks to you faggots anymore

Hope we get that melee HD one day
and official one, so many people will play

give this man some BARS of soap

Attached: Castile-Soap-Tutorial.jpg (700x500, 199K)

>so many people will play
except meleefags who will find something to bitch about

>implying Nintendo would do anything that could take away Ultimate's sales

I can also pull numbers out of my ass and make an argument. The amount of entrants combined will be laughable, but no one is gonna give a fuck because fuck melee.

>Melee is the reason EVO is as popular as it is today!
>not the Capcom machine from 2007 onwards

Attached: 1547566884196.jpg (640x478, 208K)

How is that in any way relevant when everyone and their mother knew 4 was dead upon the release of U. You want to know why Melee got the boot? Look at how the spergs who turned out for only that game behaved at the past few evos. Look at how the autists screeched like retards during the most recent Melee supermajor grand finals because "muh 20xx" isn't happening.

they could make melee hd with the exact same glitches and piss-poor competitive balance, and the smelly autistic fanbase would just screech "SOULLESS!" and refuse to play it. why bother?

Kermit does it again. The absolute legend.

Do you really think none of the melee players who would come own CRT TVs? Or Copies of the game? How do you think people play? Literally the most autistic argument against the game possible. Do you think they build new CRTs for every single Smash major?

Why are kermitposters so fucking based?

the longest running game at evo was super turbo and they dropped that when sf4 came out
the rest of the fgc are ok with old games getting dropped when their time has come, even though people were sad to see it go

You aren't obligated to play other games that's true. The point is that crossover between games in the FGC whether its viewership or players is still high.
>Other games didn't game much from SFV failing
Tekken would like a word with you. In fact other games gained a lot more than you realize. When SFIV was at it's peak other games entrant numbers were lucky to hit 500 most of the time excluding smash. Now other games are regularly getting numbers that no one would have dreamed they would ever get. Other games are getting viewership numbers no one would have ever expected them to get. If you told me back in 2012 that UNIEL was going to be a mainstage game at EVO and that several hundred people would be joining tourneys for it and it's viewer numbers were in the tens of thousands I would have told you to fuck off for being retarded. Now seven years later and here we fucking are.

You've never seen Evo's twitter BEGGING people to tell them the location of more shitty TVs? You think cunts are going to fly there with their shitty CRTs? Please.

I still find it funny how Capcom fags still pretend that they care about anything outside of Capcom. The "Noble sacrifice" or Guilty Gear and Kermit trying to invoke Vampire Savior of all things is flat out obnoxious.
I'll be watching the UNIST tourny just to see Kermit be full of shit.

NO FUCKING MERCY

Attached: 1485374690935.gif (344x203, 3.88M)

Based Kermit does it again!

Attached: 12914916144.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

HISS

this guy is retarded faggot #1 on earth, fuck him, and fuck evo.

i find it funny how smashfags screech about capcom fans when their blind brand loyalty to nintendo is a trillion times worse.
capcom fans don't barge into completely unrelated threads about video game news to discuss what it means for the street fighter roster like smashfags do with their game on a regular basis.

stop replying to yourself you fucking autist

Attached: sogay.jpg (550x733, 78K)

This is EVO, not some local shit. Player's aren't going to lug CRTs across the fucking country.

i'm pretty sure the low numbers for other tournaments were because a lot of people started playing with sf4 and didn't know other games, but yeah you're probably correct in that the people who came in with sf4 branched out when sf5 shit the bed

also holy shit at that dude upthread saying melee is why evo got so big and not sf4, gonna be a big yikesarooni from me my dude

Dude did you miss the tweet he sent out earlier? He's pissed about that Samurai game too, after the meltdown he had about crosstag last year he went on a rant about how the community refuses to stand by him or some bullshit because Skullgirls ain't that fun

Based as fuck

Attached: 1548466685223.gif (498x268, 1.24M)

>Melee HD

but why though? autists would just complain about the "fixes"

I actually play no-name indies like Rivals and Blade Strangers.
I just find fake FGC faggots obnoxious, and they get so loud that they're impossible to ignore.
The issue isn't with brand loyalty: You like what you like and that's fine. The issue is the pretense that Keyboard Warriors somehow care about anything that's not the biggest dog. Anons here didn't care about UNIST or even GG until they could hold it over smashfags heads.

Been saying this for years now.
Every other game had to move on, fucking SF4 base isnt getting top spots alongside SF5!? Fucking right!?

No, I don't, and yes, I do. Do you think no melee players live on the west coast? Lmao.
Yeah because nobody who plays melee lives on the west coast or anywhere near Vegas, right?

unironically based

>rips off yu yu hakusho
Now this is epic.

The peak of fighting games was SF4 and BlazBlu. After that, it all went to shit. Hopefully it all dies soon and gets back to what makes fighting games good when it comes back.

>Melee didn't make us meticulously adjust every bracket so Leffen got a free ride to top 8
Redpill me on this?

youtube.com/watch?v=IoyvvEWHodk
meleefags

people cared enough about unist to get it promoted from side status to the main stage. stay seething and coping, though.

that's not thanks to people dropping sfv after the first year of evo most game decreased. tekken increased likely due to it being released on console. even if this was true it doesn't explain why the fgc pushed skullgirls away.

Attached: amzrwz8ey7b11.jpg (1024x195, 51K)

BASED

i think thats in your head
pm was loved a lot and that was different in many ways

>SF4 and BlazBlu
>these
>peak
>blazblu
>sf4
>good
heh

>ripping off an unoriginal shounen
>also shounen original implications

Attached: 1548704142004.jpg (292x257, 29K)

That's implying there's enough players that not only live close enough, but will also go out of their way to bring a CRT with them.

I actually took a CRT as a carry-on for my flight.
So yes, players will lug CRTs across the country. Smash players also do cross-country EVO roadtrips with CRTs. I've been on one and they aren't uncommon.

>I've been on one

Attached: 1550365461605.jpg (909x766, 164K)

i love paying several hundred dollars minimum for a plane ticket and lodging in vegas, while also shelling out however much fucking money it costs to haul around a heavy-ass crt
evo should know i'm definitely going to do that and put melee back in

>Tekken increased likely due to it being released on console.
While this is partly true it doesn't explain tekkens numbers for TTT2 or Tekken 6. It has seen continual growth ever since Tekken 7 came out. No other game has done that.

There are though. You choosing to not care enough to find that out doesn't mean it isn't a thing.

Yeah, thats why people rent them
I love meleefags!

Sneed

>NOTHING IS ORIGINAL LOL
>this is how bleachfags defend their shitty manga
Bleach is even worse than boku no trash academia.

BASED FUCKING KERMITPOSTER
FROGPOSTERS, TAKE NOTES

Attached: Aria of Soul.jpg (599x563, 50K)

I worked tech at EVO for a couple years. Let me tell you the single worst thing about melee:

The CRTs are full of roaches. Always. ALWAYS.

As you might imagine venues fucking HATE that shit. You'd be lugging shit around, the movement scares or in some cases kind of wakes up the fucking things that infest these unholy TVs and then the moment you put the TV down, cockroaches would skitter out of whatever holes the TV had and all over the place. We are not talking just small ones either. We are talking full fucking sized roaches the kind you think wouldn't even fit between all the electronics but nooooo. Mind you, that's if you were lucky too; if you weren't then there's a good chance that you'd be trying to carry a TV, more often than not using both arms and holding it against your chest, only for fucking roaches to crawl out all over your arms and chest. It was the worst fucking thing in the world.

We always needed to bring some sort of tarp and a table of sorts. We'd put the fucking TVs there, spray the SHIT out of them with several cans of raid and just let them sit overnight. We'd do that a couple times, use a regular can of air here and there in hopes of forcing any of them out of the TVs and leave the whole fucking set of TVs to sit there and stew until it was safe to move them around. The tarp would often be full of fucking roaches you'd need to then sweep and pray none of the things were just playing dead.

FUCK melee. FUCK your bullshit special needs. FUCKING take a shower you disgusting human beings.

You fucking dickriders and cocksuckers can fuck off he didn't prove shit! He just ranted a bunch and suddenly he's right? Go to hell. I swear as god as my witness you will ALL regret spiting Melee after what it's done for fighting games the world over. But it's cute how you think that loser owned me when he never once proved anything I said as wrong it almost makes me sad about the calamity that's going to befall you all in the future.

Attached: Infinite.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

I sincerely doubt it, even if Nintendo does there's a high chance it won't be a 1:1 update and be rebalanced in order to increase appeal.
You're talking about a company that hasn't made a new F-Zero because they can't think of a gimmick to throw in.

HEY FUCK YOU THE COCKROACHES WERE BECAUSE YOU CHEAP BASTERDS NEVER CLEAN THE AREA!

i choose to believe this is real, and no one will convince me otherwise

That'll do user, that'll do.

who brought up boku no pico besides you? the only thing shounens are good for nowadays is lewding the females

The EVO is gonna have KoF XIV or any other KoF this year?
if not then i don't care.

Fuck off melee fags. There is a reason you were kicked

Attached: melee fags.png (627x633, 359K)

>melee player being able to tell if something's filthy
oh i'm laffin

yikes, and these are the people who memed a few stories of ps4s attracting roaches like crazy. pure projection as always.

should've just held melee in tents outside with bugbombs, the smell would be better

Stay mad user

Attached: Aizen_stage_2.jpg (1002x564, 83K)

Let's be real, the roaches were probably attracted to those tvs from the lingering Smelee scent in the first place.

Because of a different game? Hmm.

>hbox wants to do a melee tourney the sane weekend as evo
lol

Put me in the screencap and make sure Dexter is looking smugly at any faggot disagreeing with Kermit

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-02-19-15h38m05s718.png (640x480, 284K)

In what kind of condition do these fags live? Not even my CRTs get like that in my third world shit hole

unist is actully good so ill be watching anyway.
>blind brand loyalty to nintendo is a trillion times worse.
its not as bad because they actually like nintendo games while people will constantly bash sfv and still play it.

Didn't think I'll see another good Kermit poster. Based and redpilled.

Funniest part is tr4shfags trying to push the meme to meleefags

Sounds like a lie to me, where's your identification, fag?

as a former gamestop clerk monkey i can sympathize with this man. 360s ALWAYS FUCKING ALWAYS are roached. I don't even know why people IN THE YEAR OF OUR GOD AND DESTROYER still trade them in.

imagine actually thinking this. you clearly cant tell the difference between ironically watching something and genuine interest

I have looked into it actually and I can't find anything on it, shockingly enough. Do you care enough to provide some semblance of evidence that there are enough players hauling their own CRTs to EVO?

again, smashfags are no better. they'll screech about how unfair it is that geno and isaac aren't in the game, bitch about the single-player content, whine that it isn't identical to melee in every way, call sakurai a "hack," but still buy his games and the fighter pass anyway.

I don't see Street Fighter Alpha 3 fans bitching about not being on the main stage anymore. Take a shower and go to bed grandpa.

You all stink.

>The hellhole that is the Melee community is finally colapsing
>Jigglypuff is now the best character in the game
Nice.

>unist is actully good so ill be watching anyway.
It is actually, but I wouldn't know that if I only went by what people here say. Other places online speak well of it, and I got Uniel not too long before Uniest came out. It's going to be an interesting watch, and I'm actually happy it got it.

Fuck off melee.

Attached: melee evo.png (1607x363, 122K)

Good, Fuck Melee, Melee is nothing than a stupid glitch fest with overhyped players who think Melee is "godly", no one needs that irrelevant shit of a game, so move over Meleefags!, & here comes UltimateChads! =)

Hello from the SoCal SmashVault

Attached: sup.jpg (2048x1536, 302K)

>meleefags eternally btfo

Damn this was a good day

As did every other westerner since only japanese people are capable of playing fighters at a level above mediocre.

You've mentioned nothing foreign to the average SFV fanboy.
Only at less Smashfags were slightly less loud about "censorship". Otherwise SFV Anons eternally whine about SFV, while dismissing everything else.

ORANGE MAN BAD

Attached: f64087cdd4e95432a9661c1fa65a42b6.png (621x301, 35K)

ugh, just imagine how many roaches are swarming all over those tvs.

You would think people getting tired of Fox would kill Melee. It's hilarious how they imploded because of a Jiggly. Whiny pokemon for a whiny community.

Yikes, that's not EVO. Nice reading comprehension. Good try though.

That doesn't mean shit, you retard.

BBTag is there because of new DLC, so it was a safe pick. UNIBL[E] is only there because there's a fanbase playing it. Whereas, Guilty Gear got dropped because people dropped it.

Samurai Showdown is there because it's "new."

Wizards dropped Melee not because of viewership, but because there's two goddamn Smash games there for years. It's been time to drop Melee for about two years now.

I'm crt fag, but holy crap that's retarded thing to do.

THE DAY OF THE SOAP HAS COME AT LAST

Witnessing righteous fury is great

Attached: jahywao.png (1140x592, 366K)

>rosterfaggots no one outside of rosaterfaggots care about are equivilants to third world dust cloud factories that travel with cockroach hotels and an entitlement streak

This guy's got it right. I love Melee but the autism of the top players is beyond pathetic. The only 'gods' (what a shit fucking term by the way) that aren't cringy 'tismos are Hungrybox the Narcissist and Mango the Alcoholic. The rest care way too much about minor details to the point where it seems like they don't actually know shit about video games, they just play Melee so much that it would be ridiculous for them to NOT be the top players.

>WELCOME TO COCKROACHTOPIA

Attached: 5199a1b0de84e7c33b035121_53f57625adf3e9702f0d6aa5_320.jpg (320x415, 8K)

>carpet
>no tarps

i hope the bugs aren't living there RENT FREE

>when in doubt bring politics into it

Attached: 1256419910853.jpg (512x392, 18K)

2 smash games since 2008.
12 fucking years nearly.

When did sf4 leave finally?
I mean sf4, not ultra, because that is the closest to a base game leaving we get

you mean like these bugs

Attached: bug.png (316x246, 145K)

ughh Constantinople will be Greek once again mark my words

When they finally get rid of the other party game we'll finally have a real evo for the first time in nearly a fucking decade.

I WAS HERE

Attached: 1515270653135.jpg (583x436, 26K)

KERMIT THE FROG HERE TO KICK SMELLY ASS ONCE AGAIN

Attached: 00e9aa5b9104ef49c9c3eb80ae083d166f92818b0b692ae331481243142696da.jpg (187x249, 7K)

Just in case, what is this about the Sewell converter?

Based Kermitposter with the sequel.

Attached: 1514479871488.jpg (523x929, 76K)

Have you seen SFfags? They won't move from SF no matter what people tell them. They don't even win tourneys but they still play it. They rage and they whine about the state of the game but they still play it. That's loyalty to a franchise if I've ever seen one, even if it's for a bad game.

How good is Guilty Gear?

because even if the game isn't like melee or didn't have some fan favorites it's still a good casual party fighting game with 70+ characters. while sfv is just competitive fighter that launched with only had 16 fighters with busted online, no arcade mode, bad input lag.

>implying r/kappa doesn't hate smeleefags even more then Yea Forums

>Hungrybox really thinks he can organize an entire damn tournament and compete with Evo in less than half a year

Attached: 1498451662371.gif (500x455, 496K)

UNIST be that dude who fucked your mom and your girl on the same night. BBTAG got in and Guilty Gear and Melee both got the boot. Boy I am laffin.

Attached: lmao.jpg (272x272, 19K)

>iggles fan
And nothing of value was lost.

I understand being upset when it happened, but its been years since then. He just looks silly now.

It ain't hard
Its just melee, they will skitter on in like the roaches they is.

Day of the soap is here.

Attached: soap day.jpg (600x600, 29K)

>smash ultimate will probably have sold twice melee's lifetime numbers by the time evo starts

put me in the screencap

Attached: 1500242246606.jpg (1065x1017, 489K)

Attached: 78452248.png (230x230, 9K)

>tfw I got to see melee dying in my lifetime

Attached: 1512425989193.gif (472x416, 223K)

>SamSho
>UNIST
>Only one Smash game
100/10. Thank you based EVO.

Attached: 149d7-1532745920-800.jpg (500x369, 49K)

didn't you look at the picture? that's obviously Istanbul

christ mango looks like me. Well me if i was a hairy alcoholic manchild. Also fuck the iggles

>can already name the players who will make top 8
>everyone else will be playing for 8th-16th place
>people will give them money for this

lmao, pretty ingenious.

Attached: 1543174703825.png (486x533, 291K)

Smash trash shouldve never been there in the first place.
Next remove Ultimate.

>Nobody wants to pay for obsolete TVs that nobody else will use for one fucking tournament
To be fair side events for some older games that don't have modern console ports use them.

Attached: 1542256071431.jpg (540x720, 93K)

YAMERO

youtube.com/watch?v=sR1_WNwxDAs

Attached: 1444799277653.jpg (1208x1080, 160K)

that's not a melee player though?
nor is it about melee

Fuck Smash babbies.
They always demand to be in every event and when people cave in they just cry about it.
There is literally no overlap between smash babbs and real fighting game players. Its a completely different audience. They have their own shitty events.

I wish man, I wish. Side tournament maybe?

True, but you don't need an obscene amount of CRTs for those like you would for Melee.

why is it always kermit that goes nuclear

Hbox cries at everything. He's just an over dramatic cunt.

>community support

I’m sorry but the Smash community has done nothing for the FGC except be a massive entitled elitist bitch who refuses to integrate, this goes double for the Meleeturds.

i wish they'd stay at those events instead of complain about not being at evo while saying "UH WE DON'T NEED EVO ANYWAY....... *tear*"
i mean if you don't need evo then why the fuck don't you shut up about evo and move on
instead they have to shit talk a classic franchise like samsho and a niche anime game for "paying its way" while claiming it shouldn't be about the money AND THEN proceeding to claim that melee brings in that very money "unlike those other games"
what a bunch of smelly ass cockroach infested hypocrites

This

>the biggest fighting game tournament in the world
>begging to have a nearly 20 year old game on stage with maybe 5 competitive players

cope harder faggot

>TFW Kermit the frog post killed Smash Brothers Melee as a game and community.

Attached: 1476283183366.png (390x310, 75K)

They made smash.gg, that was helpful. Although that was a small number of people, the overall smash community hasn't done shit.

SF players love their games the most.

Unironically this

>Left SF to die after SF3
>"The only reason I'm playing SFV is for the money."

Wow nothing in this image came true, why does any respect this Kermit faggot again? Because he types in le epic screen cap prose and every fag here is a newfag looking for those epic Yea Forums moments? What a bunch of fucking posers.

DAMN.

Attached: UWU.png (100x100, 16K)

Attached: very nice.jpg (800x800, 61K)

what? normies left SF to die after 3.
the FGC and EVO ran ST, SFA,3s and CVS2 EVERY YEAR while other "communities" just let their shit die you dumb spastic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_Championship_Series
look at this and weep you retarded smash inbred

Melee has done nothing for the FGC. I respect Ultimatefags way more than Melee autists.

>Hbox is the one who's saying this cause he knows he would be the clear winner
Like puppetry

>le epic kermit post
put me in the screen cap at a 90 degree angle bros :DDD

Thank you.

Fucking Kermit is god!

Well said, melee fanboys are ruining the Smash community because it's no longer "skill oriented". I fail to see how exploiting bugs for a solid 5 minutes counts as skill, but what do know, I'm a scrub who liked Brawl.

ding-dong diddly

Attached: 1550959500563.webm (1214x1214, 1.7M)

That'll do, user.

That'll do.

Attached: 1421840069000.jpg (500x374, 131K)

I don't understand this thread. Why's everyone mass replying to the obvious 'screencap my post' prose guy.

>this much denial
Admit your decade old game is trash and move on like normal people

Can someone explain to me why the Melee community keeps sucking PPMD's dick? Dude hasn't entered a tournament in years, I'm fucking FLOORED the dude is still sponsored, the fuck is EG paying him for?

Attached: stupid goddess.png (540x304, 203K)

Reminder that the award winning tutorial and mission mode for UNIST was literally made by two guys in the dev team who went to go fight pros in the arcade to collect data

EG is paying him because retards suck his dick.
Thats how sponsorships work.

You realize that Evo isnt even the biggest Smash tournament right? They have Genesis and CEO. They dont need Evo. They will be fine.

P Kreygasm P Kreygasm M Kreygasm D

They give you one minute to do button checks before a match. You're telling me you need an entire area to get warmed up? Fuck outta here.

Yeah I guess that does make sense. But why is everyone sucking his dick still? Half the retards spamming PPMD KREYGASM have probably never even watched the dude play.

If I was him I would just take the free sponsorship money

>Can someone explain to me why the Melee community keeps sucking PPMD's dick?
His legacy plays during 2014-2015. Most importantly his Apex 2015 victory, which was magnificent because of his prior tournament inactivity. This is similar to sucking Isai dick because he was ahead of his time.

>I'm fucking FLOORED the dude is still sponsored, the fuck is EG paying him for?
EG sucks and they don't pay him.

>EG sucks and they don't pay him
Why the fuck would they, what has he done lately other than make Twitter posts saying "Hey I may be back, or I may not"

>super ledge grabber party game is out

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1540627035076.jpg (500x547, 86K)

I'm not saying they suck because they don't pay him. From what I've heard EG is a weak brand these days, which explains why they would remain sponsoring PPMD with the tradeoff of not paying him because of his inactivity.

Lol, what a fucking joke

Man, who cares. I'm just gonna be watching people play Melty Blood in the parking lot like last year, gonna enjoy it too

Attached: 1548535677376.jpg (510x279, 147K)

Oooh okay, gotcha.

>paid to be there

that's how autism bros got in before skullgirls in the first place

how new is this faggot?

>yeah guys give me money to host a tournament I will win as Puff
Are people really this clueless?

Attached: jiggly puff.jpg (500x375, 85K)

I heard PPMD owns a share of EG and that's why he's still with them. Not sure, though.

In my 12 years of playing melee, I have never seen a roach in a crt. That being said, I work in a repair shop and deal with roaches in electronics on a regular basis. I can definitely see this happening. It's probably a result of warehouse storage. Sorry you had to experience this.

Based Kermit sending Meleeniggers back to Sesmelly Street.

>we're gonna have our own evo! without hookers or blackjack!

ps4 roaches are real. Ask any repair shop. I work in one and see like 1 a month. I can tell which ones will have roaches based on customer description and also profiling. And the smell. Cigarettes and bugs.

You think they're pissed because they spent the last 18 years exploiting a game and the sudden realization that it's all blown to shit, and the fear of spending that long on Ult gets to them? Ultimate is fantastic and one of the better balanced Smash games ever. Just play the actual better game with a lot more characters and stages to choose from. Also, fucking Ridley and K. Rool!

That's Smash 4 though. Why has meleefags been taking shit for Tr4sh's bullshit?

I already see this fucking screenshot everywhere and let me tell you this.

You sound like the absolute epitome of a millennial basedboy. The only thing you want is the next big thing with new shiny graphics and features for you to enjoy for some time until it fucking dies out. You are the reason why eSports, the FGC will never be fucking taken seriously because you faggots have the attention span of a goldfish on drugs. Fuck you. Jesus christ, kids still play Dungeons and Dragons on pen and paper because its a GOOD game, I don't see why I can't get a fucking cheap ass TV and a crusty control and play with my mates IRL while chugging down a few beer. Have fun playing your forever shitty online because Nintendo is absolute shit at everything.

Remember this post when Melee comes back to EVO, remember this post the next time you log in your shitty online to queue up for 45 minutes to end up in a Time battle with Items, poké balls only.

holy fuck

>muh VIP rooms

>muh entitled CRT babies

get fucked, kiddos.

The entire stinky day meme is due to Tr4sh as well. You see, sites on the internet need memes for melee hate since they can't comprehend that it's actually an excellent video game. Fox only FD got stale and DEAD GAME SOLVED META isn't holding up. Now we have stinky day.

Yeah, and you sound like a crusty old boomer who hates anything made after the year 2002 so you ain't much better.

Attached: 1476517113124.jpg (1634x1168, 130K)

/thread

Attached: smugryu.jpg (787x719, 104K)

I'm sorry but you didn't post a meme reaction image with your statement and you are too late to the thread. You will never get a screencap like that.

He just wants to drink his motherfucking tea in peace

>DEAD GAME SOLVED META isn't holding up.
Tell that to Hungrybox.

Put me in the screen cap coach

Attached: C6D7F3B0-3F37-46F1-B0E2-1ACB3E53EA5E.gif (400x293, 414K)

Based Kermitposter working this particular smeleecuck into a seething, sweaty, uncontrollable display of faggotry

What is with Kermit and going nuclear?

Trying too hard mate.

I like old and new things. I don't revel in things dying out, either, I find it quite sad actually
I'm sorry, here's one.

Attached: 72a885142a7774ee2ea1f54ea96584d9.jpg (236x236, 11K)

He's an avatar of true wrath.

t. seething meleefag

>supporting an almost 20 year old game is better than giving more attention to newer games that will attract new players into the fgc, which means the scene will grow and companies will be able to keep supporting their games.

Attached: __djeeta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_hanosuke__167157510cd7d149a2de8ca998e256fe.jpg (1280x1024, 111K)

Someone do these lines in Kermit's voice, please

Attached: 1549393422639.jpg (640x628, 16K)

>Thinking companies maintains and attracts communities
WEW

>WHO HAD THE HIGHEST NUMBERS?! WHO HAD THE BIGGEST MOST LOYAL FANBASE?! WHO CONSTANTLY HAS FULL STREAMS AND GAMES?!
Street Fighter as a franchise?

Attached: 02.27.2019 The day melee (finally) died.png (1331x294, 81K)

Wait until this thread dies and cap it again.

ehh it sorta holds up, but stinky day is definitely the new hot shit. Guess what? Ultimate is at EVO. THEY ARE GOING TO STINK! The ultimate scene has tons and tons of high and middle school kids still learning about hygiene with their recently changed bodies. It's going to smell. Dude all my friends in melee are starting careers and finishing college and shit. Melee is a much more mature crowd in general. Its just a fact. I hope the ultimate kids have fun at evo and figure out deodorant.

>Gordeau has 2 games, UNIST and BBtag

>Smash now only has 1

eat shit.

Attached: gordeau4.png (1000x1000, 455K)

YEARS
OF
RESEARCH
PAID
OFF

There's absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying old games, but you cannot honestly sit there and say "Yes, I sure do love watching the same exact people in top 8 line up to see who's going to get stalled out by Jigglypuff for the 200th time"
People like watching/playing new fighting games after awhile because, when you get to the very VERY top level of play, it's eventually going to reach a point where nothing changes anymore because the game has been completely figured out.

You're missing the point. Smash isn't FGC. Smash doesn't bring in new players, other games do.

>he hasn't read the patch notes
Tag sure as shit ain't gonna be Gordeau's game when Evo comes around, unless ASW is actually retarded enough to not let the patch hit consoles until after Evo.

>salem: the melee community is pretty toxic
>melee community: SALEM'S DAD SHOULD'VE BEATEN HIS MOM TO DEATH WHILE SHE WAS PREGNANT
Based Salem calling meleefags out for their shit. Everyone knows Melee players treated the other Smash communities like garbage, they're just not allowed to say anything about it.

Have you ever heard of sports ? Game doesn't always need to change to be enjoyable, you just need new people in.

still in two games

Companies won't invest into sequels, new editions or content unless the game is actually selling decently, Nintendo doesn't give a shit if Melee has been popular for 20 years and remains popular for a hundred years, they want people to play and buy Ultimate

Attached: Wasted.webm (768x432, 2.89M)

I don't think that really works considering that new people in sports would, from a visual perspective, be completely different whereas two people playing a fighting game optimally would generally look the same, but even if you ignore that Melee is the last fucking game you'd want to watch if you wanted to see "new people" play.

Why do they both look like they lost?

this

Honestly its great to see the FGC completely in sync right now shitting on this garbage party game.

Everybody is so glad. Literally all communities I'm in are celebrating it.
Now that Smash shit wont go over time like hell there's room for TWO real fighters.

Attached: 1522721340350.png (250x246, 73K)

You think any man would be proud of taking another mans soul like he did.

Attached: 1532842846210.jpg (236x236, 12K)

Not the user you asked but here bro —

youtu.be/h7O4zOXALIY

Is that buffalo Wild Wings?

based and kermitpilled

FeelsBadMan but Melee came back from way worse. Theres a new doc coming out on Netflix soon which will give way more exposure than evo

>Melee players want EVO because they want to feel included in the FGC, just like lots of other communities do.
Then why have you fucks never interacted with us, you always just play your game and nothing else. That's why people have always said you don't belong, because you guys never leave your corner. Shit, at least HBox WATCHES the Top 8 for the other games and enjoys doing so, most Melee players won't even do that.

>Talk like a nigger
>Worship gamer autists who can't wipe their own ass
>Toxic

I never played the game, did that nigga just got grabbed to death? Were those high/low grabs?

Attached: qd3RvCw.jpg (1074x1000, 275K)

but smash is still in. Ultimate is right there. Why does ultimate get a pass? Why are we satisfied? Evo will forever be tainted by whatever new party shit Nintendo shills for.

UNIST is 100x better than tag, though.

>Melee is a much more mature crowd in general

Oh do go on.

Attached: 06f.jpg (185x177, 8K)

Will never happen. It's a fun game but it's jank as fuck.

> Then why have you fucks never interacted with us
Pro tip: Keyboard warriors rejected Smash kids from the get go. You think they forgot that? FGC has been seething for as long as Melee has been released.

>You literally have top Melee players dropping the game/going on hiatus because of how much they hate playing HBox at every major.
Is that supposed to be a counterpoint? Because that sure as fuck sounds like digging the grace even deeper. Boy howdy, that sure sounds fun to have all of top players that people primarily watch the fucking game for dropping out! It sounds especially fun to give the most cancerous among them next to no competition because many of the people even remotely capable of keeping his bullshit in check don't want to participate so now we get to watch even more of his bullshit and fewer good matches.

Seriously, if one single player is capable of causing this much damage to the community and they can't do anything about him besides not play at all, then it's not a game with having at EVO.

Jesus christ, history really does repeat itself, was gonna post this Based Kermit posters

Attached: ok_hand.png (1191x1684, 1.6M)

Don't be like that user, Ultimate is fun even if the jury is still out on it being a fighting game.
Melee is autistic shit however.

So absolutely nothing?

I knew it was worth holding onto this gif

Attached: goty.gif (400x225, 925K)

Like you really think people aren't camping smash threads trying to become the next kermit?

Ultimate isn't stale and doesn't require CRTs or broken controllers. It also doesn't run overtime as fuck like Melee and ruin other games because of it.

A blast from the past, god damn.

Oh fuck off its hypocritical bullshit. Melee is not fighting games and is cancer. So was Brawl, so was Tr4sh. Now suddenly EVERYTHINGS all fine! Ultimate is so DIFFERENT and WELCOME! You've all gone fucking complacent because you know we can't stop Mr.Wizard from dipping his dick in the nintendo gloryhole at the expense of the whole community, so we pretend somehow everything is all fine because we "killed" a 17 year old game. Only took us what?... 5 years? We got half the stinkies out. WOO FUCKING HOO!

I'm not talking about online, I'm talking about at the actual tournaments. Leffen is the only one that actually PLAYS other games.

Fuck off, nerd. Melee was already like ten years old by the time it first made it to EVO. It was always a shitshow of old favorites, unlike the new games.

Your odor is showing smashfags

Attached: 1518270184763s.jpg (208x249, 4K)

Holy shit

Attached: 1537127720213.png (807x497, 357K)

Well it was somewhat expected, I'm more surprised that it wasn't soiled on some other shitpost using the same image given the oppurtunity. Could even be the same user really.

>Remember this post when Melee comes back to EVO
lmao wew

This is a dead thread, but please remember how bad you fucking stink, then remember how old Melee is and how LITERALLY NO OTHER FIGHTING GAME actual fighting games btw demand main stage DECADES after their release unlike Melee's spoiled ass. Boohoo nigga learn a new game like the rest of us instead of playing a bugged party game and disabling 90% of it to make a competitive zoomzoom delight

>you just need new people in.
The reason new people keep the community through is because new people increases the chances of new shit being brought to the table and helps keep the game alive. Melee is literally tapped completely out and it becomes the same exact shit over and over in every match. Every single one of them bleeds together and looks the same because you only ever see the same characters doing the same tech over and over again because there isn't a single discovery left to make that can spice things up. New people aren't going to fix this because there's nothing left for them to bring to the table and they just learn the same muscle memory and techniques on the same characters that we've seen a dozens of times over. The only difference at this point is execution, not ingenuity and the ability to think in your feet and adapt. There is nothing left to adapt to because we've seen every possible situation and it becomes a game of memorizing how to react. There's just nothing left of Melee that makes it interesting or exciting because we've literally seen it all at this point and new players aren't going to change that.

Melee's initial inclusion in EVO is literally why we will have shitty babby party games in our prestigious tournament FOR ALL TIME.
Because the new games were never shitshows right? They never held up brackets? Never complained about evo not catering to their specific needs? Nusmash communities have LITERALLY all the same problems as melee except for crt's.

t. A guy who never got good at any of the new games he played

But you could say the exact same thing for sports, yet millions of people still watch it.

Stay salty Meleefag, I love that watching your pasty asses age reduces your fanbase by the year

Your "MELEE GODS" will drop off sooner than M2King drops loads in the beds of people dumb enough to let him crash at their places