Literally just came out two years ago

> Literally just came out two years ago
> Is already the 3rd highest rated game of all time
Is BOTW really THAT good?

Attached: Breath of The Wild.jpg (960x960, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WS2h8ipzzlw
youtu.be/qvef4tthGYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, but it is very good. Just not to 5 all time.

not that good, but it is good. The sequel will be better

it is very good

whether it is the best for you in particular is a matter of opinion
like whether last crusade or raiders of the lost ark is the best movie ever

Why not play it and decide for yourself? It is good, so you'll probably enjoy it.

It lets baby journalist who can't play a game to save their life to enjoy it. It's probably one of the most enjoyable Zelda titles but I don't see it being replayable, going through all that again would seem like a chore.

The map is too big
Other than that its really good its only missing actual dungeons and story

not really, it's generic open world shit

I thought so, it's pretty amazing, looking forwards to the sequel.

I emulated it and found it pretty fucking boring past the 3 initial hours.

Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time & Even Twilight Princess were all better

>Nintendo does a ubishit type of gaem
>10/10 because it's ok when yadda yadda

Attached: 4a74ff59f3804ed6adc8c3adc6ac7802_screenshot.jpg (640x480, 15K)

Yes, it is that good. If you've ever played a Zelda title and thought it was one of the best games ever made, BotW shits on that pretty effortlessly, because BotW is the best Zelda game.

t. didn't like Zelda to begin with

It's stupidly good.

I-its been two years already?

Attached: otc-scarecrow.png (278x511, 122K)

well, of course

you're comparing zelda games to a ubisoft game

unironically this. I liked the temperature gimmick tho.

My favorite Zelda game prior to BotW was ALttP, so you shut your gay mouth.

Or if you're not a ninten-drones you already played games as big and empty way before botw. Like the first assassin's creed. Who manages to looks still better than botw.

Guess you can't except more from a Fisher Price tablet uuh

>3rd highest rated game of all time
>game ratings are at most 15 years old
what did he mean by this?

Open world games should be rated by their individual parts instead of their overall value like literally every other game on the market.

for instance, BOTW combat gets a 5/10, BOTW exploration gets a 6/10, BOTW music gets a 2/10, BOTW puzzles get a 3/10 etc.

When you combine all these frankly boring and painfully mediocre and frankly cynical peices together you get an acceptable lukewarm experience that doesn't offend in any particular way and doesn't innovate but since you've added all of the parts together suddenly you feel inclined to give the game a 10/10.

Really these reviews just come across as disingenuous at best and nintendo bias'd at worse.

Attached: 1850839380821.jpg (1125x1000, 222K)

What a wonderful opinion made completely worthless by posting epic reddit maymay image. Good post, upvoteds!

I didn't. It added fuck all to the game other than tedious switching of shit in a terrible UI.

>452531508
don't @ me again nincel

>sequel
Nigga please.

>considers BOTW to be the best in the series
>calls others gay
lmao

>for instance, BOTW combat gets a 5/10, BOTW exploration gets a 6/10, BOTW music gets a 2/10, BOTW puzzles get a 3/10 etc.

Now I know there was a lot of bad, rotten bait floating around in this cesspool of a thread, but this is really bad bait. I don't even want to think about how long that bait has been sitting and decomposing in your bait jar for. You should be ashamed of this bait. This bait is worse than expired bait.

I'll say it again, pardner. It's the best in the series.

if you think they won't make some kind of follow-up either with the same Link or using the same engine then I don't know what to tell you

>2 years ago BOTW was hailed as the benchmark for all open world games and a huge innovation

>2 years later, not a single game has taken any inspiration from BOTW

guess it really wasn't that innovative

Attached: 183487780701.gif (445x247, 2.85M)

>botw exploration gets a 6/10

Meh, I didn't find the exploration that interesting considering the fact the entire world is only filled with koroks and shit shrines. There's some good locations but there's nothing to do with them or interact. And the absence of interesting npc with patiently crafted quests makes it even more empty.

yes

> tfw user do not know about shortcuts for switching weapons and items.
It's literally the same mechanic as Spiderman's.

>Is BOTW really THAT good?
It's a below average open world game.

Attached: 1484775380684.jpg (135x135, 6K)

I meant this
> User Score: BOTW (182) (3rd overall)
> MetaScore: BOTW (97) (Tie 4th Overall)
> Best Game Lists: BOTW (27) (Just outside Top 50)
> Best Lists Topped: BOTW (9) (11th)
Now compare this to Ocarina of Time, and it's insane how much BOTW has gotten in 2 years
> User Score: Ocarina (183.5) (1st Overall)
> MetaScore: Ocarina (99) (1st Overall)
> Best Game Lists: Ocarina (90) (1st Overall)
> Lists Topped: Ocarina (85) (1st Overall)

> user thinks developing a game only took 2 years
> user also thinks developing a game like botw is easy

>patiently crafted quests

What the fuck does that even mean?

And no, the shrine quests are easily the best quests the series has ever offered. And they played an essential part in exploration.

???

Any list without either Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI on top isn't even worth considering the accuracy of.

Attached: nah.gif (192x224, 53K)

>guess it really wasn't that innovative

Maybe because there's nothing innovative, botw is just taking elements from games ninten-drones never played and changes them a little, like climbing. ( Was in every ac, sotc, parkour titles like dying light and mirror's edge ... )

It's only been 2 years, you fucking faggot. No game taking inspiration from BOTW is going to be fully developed and finished in that time.

> Chrono Trigger
Ranked 2nd overall behind OOT
> Final Fantasy VI
Ranked 8th, only 2 points behind FF7

>Meh, I didn't find the exploration that interesting considering the fact the entire world is only filled with koroks and shit shrines
i find the process of exploring to be fun and in and of itself, with the koroks and shrines just being nice little mini rewards to push you to go off the beaten path rather than the reason to explore at all

the act of climbing and gliding is an inherently fun process that only minimal incentive is needed to get players to do it

Fortnite br was made in 1 year after Pubg was a proven success. Since BOTW came out there have been plenty of open world games like 2 seperate Farcrys and 1 assassin's creed and RDR2 and metro exodus and none of them pull any inspiration at all from BOTW.

>Maybe because there's nothing innovative, botw is just taking elements from games ninten-drones never played and changes them a little, like climbing
So basically BotW is the GTA San Andreas of Zelda, and not in a good way.

It means real quests with good writing and pacing ( like in the Witcher, new vegas or Oblivion ) instead of the "go there and find item/kill monster" you bloody nigger.

And fuck you for defending the laughable shrines, too many Nintendo games destroyed your brain. Here, fix it with this one:

youtu.be/WS2h8ipzzlw

>Ocarina over Chrono Trigger
>FF7 over FFVI

Attached: oneyike.jpg (2048x1152, 145K)

Thr shrine quests would have been good if they weren't just a bunch of reused assets locked behind a loading screen with the same reward over and over again.

YOOOOOOOO!
Forrtnite's my jam!
desu, it's the best game I've ever played and it is a contender for GOAT.

Attached: 13b.gif (931x682, 426K)

It is, not a single RDR2 thread can survive without mentioning it.

Attached: RDR2.jpg (789x165, 40K)

Yes AND no
t. 360 hours

shrine quests usually involve a lot of map examining and climbing to high spots to evaluate possible locations where the shrine can be hidden

its actually fun and makes you feel like an explorer as you get to the top of a tower and scout out where that shrine might be
and some shrine quests are just hilarious like dragging an ice block across the desert and trying not to melt it

It's really great, but it's not the game it paints itself to be in the second trailer. Fuck you for betraying everyone's expectations, Aonuma. Even the music was never played during the whole game! Fucking hell

That's pretty much the case for any game that's longer than 8 hours, let alone any open world game. still did a second playthrough on master mode

>like in the Witcher

Stopped reading here. I can't take you seriously at this point.

You trolled them epic style!
upboated! XD

Attached: 15490337431712124346269.png (250x213, 63K)

Good, it means one less nintinceloid to deal with.

I don't like the witcher 2/3, but at least there's some efforts done to make every quests more alive with a little story attached to it.

Attached: 3FE029A301264330808527DC6F5546F4.jpg (600x600, 303K)

How many of these shines are just recycled bossfights? So much of this game is just the same content recycled endlessly, walled off between tediously long walks where you spend the entire time staring at a stamina meter sprinting in short bursts and climbing mountains.

When i think open world i think open possibility and dynamic emergent gameplay, not staring at cliff faces and stamina bars. For a game with the word Wild in it, it sure is a tame, lethargic experience honestly.

>Nintendo does a ubishit type of gaem
>10/10 because it's ok when it's actually fun to play
>even the act of traveling from one point to another is enjoyable with shield surfing, gliding, flying on trees and boulders, etc.

It's almost like ubisoft just need to make their games fun. But I disagree with the 10/10, it's more an 8.

all you can do is hit and run, you have no arguments and you can't debate anything. Such is the nintendrrone life.

>Only watched that one trailer released just before launch
That's your own fucking fault. Every other trailer and piece of gameplay footage already showed what the game was gonna be like. That presentation trailer was just to build hype for the release.

I had more fun playing Far cry 3, assassin's creed 2 and black flag. Too bad the moment I was playing them the nintendidiots were playing the Wii. One generation late, as always.

Attached: 1549775995896.jpg (888x894, 261K)

>The game has to look the best to be the best game

>walled off between tediously long walks where you spend the entire time staring at a stamina meter sprinting in short bursts and climbing mountains.
climbing is one of the fun aspects of the game, especially when combined with the glider
the lack of stamina prevents you from climbing up a whole cliff face in one go, you gotta stockpile energy food or mark out rest spots to continue

im always checking the tallest region in the area so i can scout out new locations to glide to
and often im sidetracked from my gliding by new stuff to see

even if the reward is just another shrine, i can honestly say the process i go through to get there was a really fun process

i actually like the shrines being like broekn up dungeons. so you dont just have a bunch of puzzles shoved together in a small section of the game, and instead theyre dispersed throughout. would be nice if they were more challenging, though

There is a certain magic to accomplishing things in a video game that you do not feel was programmed to accomplish as most video game levels and worlds go, the first 30 hours of BotW perfectly capture this feeling, and despite its failings I feel like it gave a very novel experience both for Zelda and open world games.

>Checks user score
Likely more paid reviews than anything. Weren't Journalists, Youtubers, and random "influencers" getting free Switch consoles to advertise this game? Nintendo just played a marketing tactic. Most people found it mediocre/good, even every Zelda fanboy I've spoken to was dissapointed.

Only a few Zoomers on this board defend it because they have no lives and defend anything Switch related.

Attached: chrome_2019-02-26_22-42-51.png (673x353, 84K)

The sequel its called Links adventure
Kek

I understand why you must take this stance

Attached: 2019on_a_nintendo.jpg (300x168, 9K)

I can't help but feel like you never played any of the games you're directly and indirectly attacking here. Blood Dragon is a better open world game than BOTW is by miles.

>together in a small section of the game, and instead theyre dispersed throughout.
This just inherently makes puzzles repetitious and have one dimensional design when you always use the same few gadgets to solve them. The game removed any satisfaction from solving too with its lackluster reward system.

>Most people found it mediocre/good, even every Zelda fanboy I've spoken to was dissapointed.
that can be subject to personal bias or a sharpshooter bias

because most people i meet in real life absolutely adore it and constantly recommend it to others
so either im lying or youre lying

>debate
I know your type
"Haha, I disagree so I win!"

>When i think open world i think open possibility and dynamic emergent gameplay
Then what is BOTW?
>Why is this open world game so big! Horses? What are those?

>>For a game with the word Wild in it, it sure is a tame, lethargic experience honestly.
>have to find, collect and cook health items
>have to manage clothing to deal with harsh climates
>have to manage weapons and deal with breaking them during combat
>have to deal with uncooperative terrain to get to many areas

NOOOOOOOOOO MY REVIEWS, MY METACRITIC SCORES, MY USER REVIEWS

WITHOUT THEM I HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO APPEAL TO AND I AM NOTHING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 15657546711058205.jpg (808x805, 45K)

>such a zoomer he didn't know this is a remake.
honestly, makes sense for nu-Yea Forums

>>Literally just came out two years ago
>>Is already the 3rd highest rated game of all time

There's no correlation there, brainlet.

>graphics only matter when I don't have an argument against the gameplay

>that can be subject to personal bias or a sharpshooter bias
>because most people i meet in real life absolutely adore it and constantly recommend it to others
>so either im lying or youre lying
Because you're a low IQ Zoomer that hangs out with other retards, and likely has no real job, degree, or place of their own.
Retards hang with other retards, of course your gonna be like sheep and agree with critics.
User Score doesn't lie, if its off by more than a point, its a paid review.

>This just inherently makes puzzles repetitious and have one dimensional design when you always use the same few gadgets to solve them
that isnt inherent to the system at all, but you're kind of right in this particular case. for example if you needed an item like the hookshot, then whichever shrines use it, if you dont already have it, would have it in a chest, replaced by some common item if you already had it. i do agree they could have used more items, especially the hookshot

>How many of these shines are just recycled bossfights?

20. Probably a little too much, but there are 100 others where the required puzzle is inside the shrine or outside of it.

>walled off between tediously long walks where you spend the entire time staring at a stamina meter sprinting in short bursts and climbing mountains

I think that's an overly reductive way of simplifying how much you're actually engaging with the game and traversal, but whatever.

Why are zoomers so obsessed with muh graphix?

Hey, Yea Forumsros!
I heard we are about to get another worthwhile exclusive!
I have rumors from the top that say it will either happen this year or next.
This time for real!

Attached: 1549749211355.jpg (555x800, 41K)

the most financially successful person i know highly recommends it.

>metacritic scores aren't trustworthy because they're all paid, it's always the user score that's more accurate
>W-what? The user score doesn't fit my narrative?! D-DON'T LOOK AT THE USER SCORES!! THEY'RE ALL PAID TOO! EVERYONE HATES BOTW I SWEAR ALL MY FRIENDS SAID IT WAS BAD PLEASE BELIEVE MEEEEEE!!!!!

It's literally zoomers and man children defending lazy graphics and remakes though. The game is objectively ugly, for a remake that didn't really need it. Nintendo just doesn't give a fuck because you retards buy anything, even that shit Pokemon remake.

>Because you're a low IQ Zoomer that hangs out with other retards, and likely has no real job, degree, or place of their own.
again, thats a baseless assumption that relies on your own preconcpetions that deflects the general fallibility of anecdotal evidence by resorting to an ad hominem

while its true video game scores are less reliable than, say, movie critics
to just ignore all evidence that says "people like this" in favor of some global conspiracy that somehow affects every single person other than your self and some neck beards on Yea Forums might say more about your judgment than BotW

>a game mode is an entire game and engine

>>User Score doesn't lie, if it doesn't fit my narrative, its a paid review

HELL YAS QUEEN!
Now's the best time to be a #gaymer!

Attached: 1539909443079.webm (1280x720, 3M)

>>W-what? The user score doesn't fit my narrative?! D-DON'T LOOK AT THE USER SCORES!! THEY'RE ALL PAID TOO! EVERYONE HATES BOTW I SWEAR ALL MY FRIENDS SAID IT WAS BAD PLEASE BELIEVE MEEEEEE!!!!!
???
Yea Forums has always used User Scores as a way of balance. Critics are easily swayed with free shit and ad space buy outs, both of which were done by Nintendo. This is not even including advertising it on multiple Last Night Shows.

>paying 60 dollars for remakes with worse graphics than the original for it's time

>that's an overly reductive way of simplifying how much you're actually engaging with the game and traversal
It's really not if your goal is efficiency. The fastest way from point A to B is almost always a straight line and if it's not, it's climbing something off to the side and then gliding in a straight line.

>implying botw' fighting is good
>implying botw pacing is good
>tfw I wasted most of my playthrough climbing empty shit

This boss alone is bringing in 10 minutes a kino gameplay more superior to any of the boring shit in brap of the wild
youtu.be/qvef4tthGYM

Attached: yyyyeow.jpg (1023x1134, 60K)

If you're going to pretend to use "big words" you should start by spelling them properly.
You are a loser, we all know it. You didn't even attempt to defend it.

>you spend the entire time staring at a stamina meter sprinting in short bursts and climbing mountains.

I mean yes, you actually have to manage your stamina, plan out how you're going to navigate to whatever destination catches your interest and prepare yourself for any weather/temperature/combat dangers ahead. Like a fucking game.

You people have literally been complaining about boring traversal in open world games for years, and then when they finally do it in a way thay keeps the player engaged, you still bitch and moan. I just don't think anything short of a corridor-infested hack n slash with enemies up your ass every millisecond is going to satisfy you pedantic fucks at this point.

???
Every game I enjoyed usually has minimal discrepancy. Stay mad Nintendo tranny.

>goalpost moving

okay zoomer

>inb4 someone posts the unsponsored parade.

I wanna play this, but I'm not really sure about buying a Switch just for this and Super Mario Odyssey. My toaster sure as hell isn't good enough to run CEMU either.

The one thing I didn't like about BOTW (or many things) was the cinematic shit. So many shit cutscenes that pulled you out, shit minimalistic music, QTE combat, so much slow down dodges/infinite stamina slow down with a bow, and every enemy was so fucking retarded (ie hopping in place or you chasing a ragdoll).

I honestly enjoyed the Plateau the most not knowing the rest of the game was just that, with some mediocre physics puzzles I did in Half Life 2.

Attached: 1.webm (1920x1080, 2.46M)

You can emulate both. Save for a computer upgrade, BOTW takes nothing to run.

SMO, BOTW, sploon 2, XB2, SSBU are all must buys and will collectively get you 1000 hours or more

No it's pretty shallow all around.
A huge, empty, shallow ocean of no content that looks pretty and has the Zelda name in it so people love it.

>it's climbing something off to the side and then gliding in a straight line.

You're still oversimplifying it because there are climate conditions, enemy hazards and other obstacles that prevent you from doing that. Sometimes you literally can't climb tall structures without enough stamina or if it's raining, and you still have to contend with what challenges you might find when you actually reach said destination.

Don't trust
>sploon 2, XB2, SSBU

Splatoon is a garbage shooter and you can literally get deeper mechanics in Fortnite.

Xenoblade 2 is a garbage anime mess that is the worst of the trilogy.

SSBU is a port and you can emulate the Wii U version easily as well, AND everyone already dropped it in Jan. It's online is fucking only high rank try hards and it takes forever to find a match that doesnt lag like shit

t. Switch owner that regrets it and uses it once every 4 months if that.

fortnite was in development before pubg even released stoopid

This and Mario Odyssey alone will get you upwards of 200 hours of gameplay easily. I normally don't encourage buying consoles for just one or two games but you should take the plunge and just buy a Switch.

>37 posters, 105 posts
BOTW SUX!

Attached: c5492eaa41a0f753a04f356d50620ddff99c01bec0df4c6e925982320275daae.jpg (533x700, 81K)

>Splatoon is a garbage shooter and you can literally get deeper mechanics in Fortnite.

>SSBU is a port and you can emulate the Wii U version easily as well, AND everyone already dropped it in Jan. It's online is fucking only high rank try hards and it takes forever to find a match that doesnt lag like shit

this has got to be a person who has never played either

To be honest, I'd consider buying a Switch if more Wii-U games were ported to it. I never owned a Wii U, so it'd be nice. Why isn't Nintendo porting all its first-party Wii U games to the Switch anyway?

Considering that open world games aren't a complete experience but rather a collection of smaller experience taped together it's apt to take a reductionist standpoint when looking at the game objectively. It really depends on where you're standing on the philosophical divide, but generally i consider it a positive experience when the developer does things that respect my limited time on earth and not when they force me to walk/ride horse/glide/wingsuit/rappel/climb/shield slide/abuse physics engine from point a to point b and instead opt for a coherent game that doesn't egregiously waste my time for no reason.

>I think that's an overly reductive way of simplifying how much you're actually engaging with the game and traversal

holding forward and tapping sprint isn't engaging with traversal. Compare it to something like warframe where you're constant engaged with the enviroment and your movement.

98% of all the other games released at the time were on-line first person shooters.

the survival mode was vaporware and then they turned it into a BR after pubg pulled huge sales figures. You're the real retard here.

Yes

>Literally came out two years ago
>Yea Forums still has MULTIPLE threads EVERY SINGLE DAY to argue about it

when are Yea Forumsirgins going to accept that nobody gives a fuck about their opinion on BotW regardless of what it is, and we don't need to hear it for the 700th time

>Considering that open world games aren't a complete experience but rather a collection of smaller experience taped together

This argument is incoherent and means nothing on its own. How does this not apply to other genres, which are also comprised of multiple mechanics and types of experiences?

>and not when they force me to walk/ride horse/glide/wingsuit/rappel/climb/shield slide/abuse physics engine from point a to point b

That's an awful lot of things you just listed there, so saying "t-that doesn't count" rings hollow when you just end up begging the question and disproving your premise.

They literally are though. Yea Forums won't shut the fuck up about it

>It's online is fucking only high rank try hards
Found the sub 1mill scrub

Well then they should be quicker about it.

It's been four years since Codename Steam.

people seem obsessed defending and attacking the game which is pretty interesting by itself, when looking into it it seem to actually just be a symptom of an aging videogame market, where the people who grew up with the games are no longer the target audience and it's happening in real time. It can all be summed up by 'BOTW is a 10 out of 10 for 10 year olds and no one else"

Attached: hyMSv.jpg (640x466, 46K)

>i disagree so i win

meh

How do I play it on pc? Is it possible to do it without reading a 6 page guide or watching a 25 minute YouTube video?

That's a pretty hot take, considering BotW is more reminiscent of Zelda 1 than any other zelda, has less handholding than any other 3D zelda, and is harder than arguably any 3D zelda. I don't think saying BotW is a game for 10-year-olds has any rational basis.... unless you think every other zelda made in the last two decades was for 5-year-olds.

Yes.

it's a good 8/10 game