Anthem

>2019, I am forgotten.
How the FUCK did it go this bad? I'm not even happy to watch this particular traincrash, at this point I just want good games again.

Attached: poster.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1920w.jpg (1280x720, 250K)

>Take Bioware, a team renowned for terrible combat in games but decent characterization and dialogue choices.
>HERE NOW GO MAKE A LOOTER SHOOTER AND WE EXPECT COD NUMBERS OR ITS A FLOP

Attached: 1358880352874.png (288x287, 132K)

>decent characterization and dialogue choices.
Not since ME1 at the very latest

I'm worried about EA. They keep publishing shit games. I don't want the Japanoniggers to take over the game industry

Bioware are full of multiplayerfags and tumblr graduates now. They chose this path willingly

Yea but SIX YEARS.
I was expecting something soulless but ultimately passable. This game isn't even done

It's funny how the west is simultaneously making shit games AND pandering to chink bugmen.
Meanwhile Japan just makes whatever the fuck, doesn't make as much money but isn't filled with insanely greedy businessmen trying to get unlimited chink and whale dollars.

>but isn't filled with insanely greedy businessmen

Attached: 1545602914253.jpg (529x431, 33K)

Considering the people they have on their writing team it's all going to be college level "I'm so quirky and autistic xD" characters with not so subtle social commentary forms of writing from now on.

I expect it'll get so bad that we'll probably start wishing for the days when Bioware games were just a constant stream of 'master becomes betrayer' stories. Thats assuming Bioware survives for much longer.

They won't. After Andromeda and This it'll be pretty clear to EA that Bioware isn't worth keeping around. The talent will be divided across other studios and the name will be no more

>isn't filled with insanely greedy businessmen trying to get unlimited chink and whale dollars

Attached: 1487701171304.jpg (400x808, 146K)

I'm not saying Jap game devs don't have their share of greed but it's nothing compared to American greed, they do it better than any other nation. You'd never see the heads of EA or Activision cut their own salary because a game didn't sell well. And you can't deny that Japs don't monetize their games nearly as much as Americans do.

Konami alone is living proof of the almost comical levels of corporate greed in japanese game industry

ME2 had good combat and the only good thing about 3 was its combat.

>corporations shouldn't do what earns them the most money for the least risk

infantile perspectives ahoy

>intentionally kill beloved long-standing series to turn them into fucking japan-exclusive pachinko machines

BioWare hasn't had writing talent since ME2 at the latest. Their ability to design good RPG mechanics is also sketchy af.

They got a very robust shooter bit from Frostbite's basic functionality. They, err, haven't figured out the looter bit yet.

Combined with the bad writing the game was basically DOA.

Dead for a decade. They only pulled the plug.

Gosh I wonder why Silent Hill and Castlevania died

Square Enix alone kills your argument, the only reason they dont monetize the shit they release more is only because they are behind the times.

this.. this soooooo muchhhh

Just to put some numbers behind my post:

When Satoru Iwata was alive, his Salary was $770k a year
Shigeru Miyamoto - $1.13m
Hajime Satomi (Sega ) - $4.90m
Yosuke Matsuda (Square Enix) - $2.70m
Kazunori Ueno (Namco Bandai) - $1.54m

Now let's let at America.
Andrew Wilson (EA) - $35m
Bobby Kotick (Activision) - $28m

That's the point i'm making. You think Japs are greedy because they shit out some cheap cash grab gacha games, fine. But look at their actual salaries and tell me which companies are being led by people with a never ending thirst for more money than they could ever spend. Which companies are firing their employees when they have record breaking profits? Which company shutters studios when they don't meet unrealistic sales goals?

That's kind of the point. It's like they are too far behind in the times to be as greedy as modern American CEOs have figured out how to be. American greed is much more advanced than Japanese greed. Based on the salary info I posted above SE actually reinforces my argument a lot.

>Bioware will die in your lifetime

Attached: 1547038530005.jpg (240x280, 40K)

American executives are comically overpaid when they're functionally interchangeable. Whereas Japanese executives aren't always replaceable and accept a salary not greater than 10x that of the lowest earners in their corporations in general.

(Although to be fair you are comparing salary to total compensation, but even still, Iwata's total compensation was a little less than $5 million.)