How the hell did an unreleased Samurai Shodown make it to EVO?

How the hell did an unreleased Samurai Shodown make it to EVO?

Attached: CB28306E-7C0F-4A93-AED1-DF4C3730E775.png (800x406, 601K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BAnmfmqCsy8
youtube.com/watch?v=-J7q_52BAog
twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1100601070156275712
youtube.com/watch?v=GPukaJ1G7SE
youtu.be/O6AaAkTYVxM
youtube.com/watch?v=YwcyiItLFns
wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Samurai_Shodown_V_Special
twitter.com/hc0519/status/1100632434217934848
yokai.com/gaki/
youtube.com/watch?v=LCXEPXfTsEk
youtube.com/watch?v=JscLcDLBWzY
youtu.be/NmFDtMw2Ee0
twitter.com/experimilk/status/1100627179690487808
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Same way baby tag made it last year and MK11 is making it. Money.

SNK paid Wizard a ton of money

Dunno, but game looks neat.

Looking forward to it.

Attached: samuraishodown2019-screenshot9.png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

How did Unreleased Blazblue cross tag battle, Unreleased MK11, and Unreleased Samsho make it into evo you ask?

E-SPORTS

Money, that's it

At least post the trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=BAnmfmqCsy8

i wish EVO sucked a little less corporate cock. never was a fan of unreleased games making it, but i understood to an extent. 2 unreleased is just a little stupid to me. One of those could have been KoF

it actually looks alot nicer than kof 14 does so at least theyre getting better in the 3d department

She's in R-ight?

Attached: __iroha_samurai_spirits_drawn_by_yuuki_chima__sample-9923496c42e27798dc5d8b7d94f19c01.jpg (850x1202, 220K)

those cuts are making me think there isn't going to be gore in the game and SNK knows that people are going to be mad about it

>snk
>corporate cock
they're so povert they can barely afford good grafics
fuck off meleefaggot and go pretend to not need evo elsewhere

>people
>mad about violence
>in a core value world
you are infinitely dumb and i hope you get decapitated

Highly unlikely, I'm fully expecting the roster to be SS1 + Genjuro.

could you imagine if MK got rid of fatalities, all the people that claim to be fans would realize that they actually have to talk about the gameplay now.

Underrated post

could you imagine a game company like snk, and a guy talking out his ass about snk because he thinks he knows what snk is like
oh wait, it's you

Press S to spit on meleefags.

Let me guest
Core values shit right?

I didn't even know about this games existence until the evo annoucments.

Hoping her, Cham Cham and Minka make it in

I get the appeal in SS isn't the gore, but a lot of people that are acting excited for the new game are certainly expecting the new game to have it. watch any reaction video and the second they see the "blood" whenever someone lands a hit they're always like "YEAAAAHHH IT'S BLOODY GUYS WE GOT GORE!!!!!" when it's pretty unlikely the new game will have it considering how big of a stink the CERO board makes about gore in games

>SNK
>money
Stay mad Leffen

$$$$$$

>SNK
>a ton of money

Like how ArcSys paid for BBTAG last year, SNK paying this year for SamSho. ArcSys still paying for that Sunday spot though

>WAH, SNK IS OBV GONNA CUT OUT THE GORE FROM GAME B/C I THINK I KNOW SNK AND I THINK I KNOW THAT THEY KNOW THEY WILL DO WHAT I SAY
>trailer is literally bloodier in comparison to the first trailer
don't talk out of your ass if you haven't been paying attention

Nope. This game is doing the same thing SFIV did, going for the nostalgia crowd, and people just aren't nostalgic for anyone past SamSho2.

Like I personally want Cham Cham, but I know full and well Tam Tam will be getting in over her. It sucks, but it's the way it is.

They pay EVO to host them. So much that it would have to beat out the money that comes with the much bigger viewership a non paid game pulls in i.e. Melee.

Seething meleefag. SNK doesn't have any money lmao.

need I remind you that RE2 was heavily censored in Japan and MK is straight up blocked from selling. Chances are you won't see shit like a dude getting cut in half and the most you're getting is the splashes of blood to compensate

Attached: kusa-walk.gif (237x224, 28K)

things get censored in japan that get retained in america a lot and oda has gone on to say that he wanted to be pretty gorey with the game
oda knows that their games aren't high profile enough to matter to catch the cero lower rating demographic

>another meleefag sucks one of his "gods" cocks and parrots everything he says
Leffen's cum taste good in your mouth?

It's advertising, dingus.

CERO cracks down on any games that feature dismemberment, again, it's the primary reason MK is blocked from selling down there. The board is forced to regulate this stuff and the biggest chance you'll have at the game retaining that is if they leave it in the PC version, but that's a big IF.

And where do you think they got that money, retard ?

And they'll probably do the same thing they did with Sen. Censored in Japan, uncut everywhere else.

we'll have to see there. But those trailers definitely aren't a good sign.

Attached: Ss2chamchambg.gif (640x368, 133K)

the power of being based

Never played a Samurai Shodown but have recently gotten into fighting games (in 2016).
Is this a reboot? Might check it out.

Attached: zizk980ish301.png (817x400, 319K)

Through a donation of a core values.

except
games like metal gear rising revengeance, a game that is pretty high in violence and slicing people up, was just heavily edited for their region
which is what i mentioned in the post you replied to but conveniently ignored
game is getting globally released at the same time so there you go

She doesn't represent the core values of the Samurai Spirits community.

Money. BBTAG and MK11 definitely did it too.

No point in worrying about it right now. This recent trailer is only our second look at the game.

Really wish we'd get some proper demo matches, or something. Just to get a better idea of what the game really looks like in action.

i'd rather mina

Attached: MinaMajikina.jpg (825x1100, 359K)

Yeah it's a reboot.

Can I cut a loli in half on this one?

I personally think it's a remake of the first game, but who really knows right now. SNK has been pretty tight-lipped about the whole thing.

But will it have the neutral?
youtube.com/watch?v=-J7q_52BAog

Nice. I'll keep my eye on it. I like the cel-shaded artstyle.

Attached: 1549254243694.jpg (540x414, 12K)

and what I'm saying is that sometimes those changes might not be seen as worth the means of accomplishing. It all comes down to how much SNK really cares about that side of Samurai Showdown, and just by judging off of the two trailers we've had for the game and their editing tricks, it definitely doesn't look promising in that regard. In the end, it's just a wait and see.

Not really, they gave a year in the first trailer that places it between 5 and 1.

You can see the clear visual inspiration from street fighter V, weird consdering how hated that game is

read the thread, nobody knows what's going on about the game.

Inspiration from SFIV, not SFV.

More like SFIV. Literally the same artist from IV is working on it.

it's inspiration from the ukiyo art style, you fucking idiots

MK at least has history at EVO.
SS is an old as fuck fighter.
Does it even have a playerbase outside Japan?

Really wish they'd release a 3D Melty Blood. Just 1:1 remake but in 3D is fine.

Game looks super cool. Character designs look retarded though, like some relic of the early 1990s. Just look at that retarded hairdo of the samurai dude in OP's picture. That hair looks like a Saturday morning cartoon hero's hair from that decade. Makes me cringe.

>forgetting SNK is now owned by a big chink corporation

The most based fighting game returns.

we don't have much to go off at all but don't be such a paranoid doomsayer about it because it's not even a company with the precedence to do what the doomsaying is talking about in the first place unlike certain other companies
this is snk we're talking about
hell, the fatalities in samspi are hardly brutal compared to the insanity and absurdity of modern mk fatalities
iow we don't need preemptive doomsay

Because Samurai Shodown is a classic fighting franchise that came before that party game for faggots called Smash Bros

1&2 were pretty damn big, one of the few games besides MK to actually challenge SF2.
Nowadays? No not really.
God I hope this is bait

The 3D tech they used is very similar to what SFIV did. And it doesn't look like ukiyo at all. It looks way more like those chinese paintings with the ink "splashes".

Attached: the-crosses-torrent-1699.jpg (2572x1624, 860K)

>forgetting those same chinks who own them won't actually provide them with big enough budget to matter so they can get good grafics from the beginning
>forgetting those same chinks aren't led by winnie the pooh
>forgetting those same chinks didn't get an exclusively censored kofxiv which made mai's costume less revealing

Ask Tekken 7 and BBCTB

The first trailer literally zoomed in on Nakoruru's face being splattered with blood as she stabbed someone.

>cringe
cool bait

Attached: 1401266452983.jpg (448x280, 50K)

Tekken 7 was released in 2015, retard.

Nope. I hate 1980s and 1990s anime aesthetics. That hair in OP's picture is like the equivalent of giving a character a mullet in a western cartoon or puffy hair metal hair.

>Nope. I hate 1980s and 1990s anime aesthetics.

Attached: 058OVy6.jpg (178x215, 19K)

I feel like I'm one of the few in these threads that actually wants him back. I know my chances are probably almost zero though.

i love the taste of delicious bait

Attached: 1406657769930.jpg (736x566, 38K)

Then that's your problem. Haohmaru is pretty iconic for SNK, they ain't changing him.

SNK has a lot of yuan now, and that money is just going to go up in value when China declares world conquest.

I hate zoomers so much.

>disrespecting samurai showdown
I know Yea Forums hates fighting games, but damn

They updated Kyo for KOF14 so that he looked like a cool modern dude instead of having that retarded split Leon hair with the 1980s headband. They should do the same for this dude.

Attached: maxresdefault (23).jpg (1280x720, 76K)

chronologically speaking, she can't be around.

you would expect better for SNK to release a Steam port of Samsho 6, i mean, Metal Slug XX got released recently.

No.

I was so scared when I heard it was 3D, but it looks WAY better than the KOF 14 models.

Best SamSho game to get into this?

It's called "EVO is half-tournament, half advertisement for new fighting games". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't like when everyone realized Cross Tag is an absolutely shitty unga bunga kusoge.

The ones that are played on fightcade are 2 and 5.

day 1 earthquake main

They like to freshen up Kyo from time to time, but always keep his "classic" look around in some form. See Kyo-1 and Kyo-2 in 99, Kusanagi in 03, DLC costumes in the recent games.

>sometimes it doesn't like when everyone realized Cross Tag is an absolutely shitty unga bunga kusoge.
Nobody realized it since we all knew it was gonna be like this. People like it for what it is.

>Samsho6 on Steam
Would be neat, just as long as it ain't DotEmu doing the porting.

so how do I play not gay kyo in XIV

Because muscular long haired men are a miracle of the universe and deserve all the love they can get.

Attached: lewd love 3.jpg (240x240, 12K)

2, 4 and 5. 2 is a must i think

If the chinks were willing to give SNK money then why didn't they do it since XIV? The devs at the time clearly mentioned that they did what they did at the time (no UE4/own engine, no sprites etc) was in pat to a small budget. The chinks never gave them jack, if they did they'd have hired more people to make XIV look better or found enough people to pay for those ridiculous expensive sprites niggers won't shut up about.

did dotemu do the Metal Slug XX port? it is a native console game based on an atomiswave game, i dont think they can do those.

Download the costume?

Attached: kyo.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

>face still looks like a yaoi

He looks really cool in that picture.

Problem with BBTAG is that it's borderline unwatchable unless you play it and understand the mechanics. Other animes like GG/dbfz etc are very visually easy to grasp even for non-FG players. BBTAG is a visual mess

tell me why I should play samsho, currently a unistchad

Holy shit I need this game's soundtrack right fucking NOW.

Attached: tfw baradick.png (462x516, 501K)

let me tell you a secret

EVO IS A MARKETING EVENT TO HELP TO SELL FIGHTIGN GAMES

play it if you like footsies and samurais

Read the thread
"The most we might get is blood splashes to compensate"

they needed another 3D game that wasn't melee or DOA6

Going off the new trailer, it seems like blood stains the floors. Anyone else hoping they have gory finishers again?

kay
I'll only buy it if it has dismemberment myself

Attached: AnahitaSJReduxDC.jpg (200x200, 23K)

>all that blood
i see, keeping it touch with EVO core set of values it seens

Lookin good

You know it

Attached: 1524786432200.jpg (768x1024, 381K)

If you live in Japan I'd cancel that preorder then. Anywhere else I'd at least keep the finger over the button

twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1100601070156275712
It'll be playable for the first time at Pax East.

thanks for the love bro

Core Values
youtube.com/watch?v=GPukaJ1G7SE

and that is when?

>2.5 months before evo and the game still won't be out...

No cross play, no buy

28th of March

April

I'd ask you if you're single but ever since I let my hair grow I literally couldn't go out even once without having a girl flirting with me.

Attached: 1541508874536.jpg (320x320, 18K)

Everyone thinks its for health benefits, but really its all about cosplaying jojo characters

There's health benefits to grow your hair ?

God Jojo guys are pretty hot.
I'd say there's a pretty huge health benefit to smashing pussy every day, long hair + muscles is a godly combination that females love. Truth be told I don't enjoy said benefits since no fag seems to enjoy long hair. I literally cannot imagine a straight guy that looks like this who isn't single by choice.

Where my Yoshitora niggas at

Attached: yoshitora-ss6art.jpg (629x1000, 112K)

Because SNK got bought a few years ago, which is why their output has picked up since 14.

Good then, I already have the hair and I'm working on the muscles. I'd say I have them as long as Gyro's or maybe a bit longer, since we're talking about jojo characters.

I meant working out

BBTag is no worse than Marvel or DBFZ is.

Samsho games were always a hot mess, so this will be another faithful entry.

who /hanzo/ here ?

Attached: hanzo.gif (260x172, 32K)

BBTag characters melt faster than even MVC3.

doesn't literally have a loli wife

Attached: pedo1.jpg (612x612, 106K)

And you're telling me this just to tease me?

Dunno, Yea Forums turned me borderline gay.
I'm still skinny as fuck though. Some time will pass before I get say I have good muscles.

>not cosplaying funny valentine

Attached: Funny_Valentine_2.jpg (208x480, 33K)

he's in

Attached: Okina-lb2.gif (298x368, 33K)

SNEED

As I said, i still have work to do before having that body.

You know the basic point on how to work out bro? I could legit give you some tips about it. But not here.

>Melee stinkies thinking that a company who not only got bankrupt but also just got out of bankruptcy will also have enough cash to bribe EVO to get in.

The ignorant arrogance of Melee stinky's ladies and gentlemen.

Attached: 1549030816067.jpg (1048x1200, 88K)

CHUCK

Yeah don't worry. The harder for me is to eat though. I'm coming from a borderline anorexic state.

Hey now if you tell them the truth they'll just retort that chinks gave them money for it despite them not giving them shit for KoF XIV or anything that came after.

Smelee fags btfo by an unreleased game

So 2 and 5 Special are the best games? Is the PS1 version emulated a good option for 2 in terms of packing it with other games on a PS Classic, or should I go for the arcade version no contest?

Then drink, one of the few things keeping me from looking like a 6'4" skeleton is drinking a liter of milk every day.

Milk was what I drank to keep the hunger away. It still does the same effect. I just need to get used to eat more.

Have you tried focusing on energy/nutrient dense foods? Something with more value per size so you won't feel so full.

>Wondering why a game with no scene got into the EVO mainstage lineup makes me a meleefag
I hope you guys aren't so obsessed with consolewar shit that you actually think this. I get making fun of the meleefags right now since they'll be freshly seething, but I really hope you guys start wondering about it too in a couple days.

how is this a consolewar?

Yeah but my problem is the opposite one of those obese who have a too large stomach after eating too much for so many years. It will grow back after my body understand that it needs too. just like muscles I have to train it lol.

EVO tends to be where big announcements for new games or DLC seasons take place, and Samurai Shodown '19 was announced almost half a year ago with what seemed like the SS1 cast already pretty refined besides, you know, modern 3D SNK graphics. I guess it's EVO's method of debuting something if we go about it naively.

Unless you mean Under Night as "no scene", which is arguably understandable since besides the Yea Forums thread get-togethers I basically never see anyone talking about it as anything other than a solid but underrated fighter. No one even seems to bother mentioning it for BBTAG.

Wow, did people already forget about WB paying to get Injustice in after the Skullgirls/Melee donation war?
Fucking shit. Is it summer already?

Pretty much right, those things take time. You finding the proper motivation to keep it up every day?

people are talking about the death of a platform game but if the gameplay of this game is any good its over for sfv
people are FIENDING to play a good new 2d fighting game

Yeah WB has the same amount of money as SNK, right.
Yeah, my big problem was laziness, there's only discipline that's good to fight it.

i've seen a lot of controversy over SFV, but is it really doing that badly

Why will nobody in America play king of fighters.

whats the reasoning behind the anti-Melee brigade again
genuinely curious

The only thing that can end SFV is SFVI. Capcom puts too much prize money into that game for the top players to leave it for anything.

>wondering why a classic series that has introduced the concept of rage meters, animal side kicks and proliferate the use of weapons in fighting game has become a mainstage at EVO.

All it takes sometimes is a respected name and series for it to make at the EVO stage. Samurai Shodown is and always is a title fond to many old fighting game players henceI think its one of the reason why it made it at the mainstage lineup.

And by the Gods if Capcom announced a new Darkstalker will come out, I fucking assure you it'll be mainstage immediately even if Capcom didnt show any fighting gameplay or any pictures at all. No question asked.

As I said again. SNK has little to no fucking money at the moment. Are you seriously comparing SNK having enough money to that of WB? You on crack man?

Attached: 428b544a1b795467cba5bb7bc1978df3.jpg (500x800, 187K)

Not to defend SFV, I'm really not.
People say that shit all the time, they say they're excited for SNK games and all, but in the end several back pedal, move goalposts or say they'll by if X or Y and when it gets added they still don't buy SNK games.

americans don't know how to play KOF

Game taking up a spot for too long while not being a fighting game or at least not seen as.

They had one, it was called Them's Fightin' Herds and nobody fucking brought it.

The investors meeting said it has gore but you can turn it off in the menu.

They just censor it in Japan. The Sen had gore in the west but not in Japan.

>still no Cham Cham
I'm getting kind of nervous bros

Attached: iu[1].jpg (852x1242, 165K)

>And by the Gods if Capcom announced a new Darkstalker will come out, I fucking assure you it'll be mainstage immediately even if Capcom didnt show any fighting gameplay or any pictures at all. No question asked.
Unless it look as bad as MvCI.

The players are faggots who can't let go because being able to do the glitches well makes them feel special.

It’s imoressive how much better Samsho looks compared to KoF14. Still going to miss the sprites though.

>Degenerate long distance playstyle with a billion corner escape options
Pls no. Or put her in but make her suck but really just pls no.

The chinks that bought out SNK are loaded stupid faggot

I think it's mostly the taking up a very limited spot as a near 20 year old game, forcing tournaments to use CRT's, their tendency to take a long time for sets, and a stale meta. Also the players are known to smell like shit.

>darkstalkers
Yeah that or CvS3, those would be in EVO instantly

Discipline is half creating an habit, so something, regardless of how hard, just becomes an habit, and half motivation, keeping your eyes on the prize, which can be pretty hard, that's why I asked. Either way keep up the good work, God knows I want more of you hunks around.

i'll make her suck indeed

mexicans and koreans are too supreme, americans could never catch up

>Formerlly Chuckville.

And they don't give SNK money for shit. They didn't give them any for KoF XIV (which the devs said they had a small budget since way back then) or for anything after that. If they didn't give them any money when they were trying to get out of their coffin because they were dying yet again, they aren't going to give them any now.

capcom is too incompetent to make a good cvs3

Also creating a need. I'm tall, 192cm and when you're tall and skinny you get loads of problems. Doing stretches and having a stronger back is really helping me.

And SNK doesn't want anything to do with it. One of their developers has already said as much.

Chinese not koreans. It's the chinese in kof.

Damn, rip the dream

it'd be a nightmare if capcom handled it
i can't believe anyone would entrust them unless they're moronically blind to the past few years of sfv, mvci, and sfxt

Fuck just around my height, I don't meet many lanklets like me.

>Galford still speaks that good Engrish
>Earthquake butt-stomping Nakoruru
>Haohmaru looking as fresh as always
Now they just need to show me some Charlotte gameplay and I'm set. Anything after that is a bonus.

Attached: 1513158923979.png (421x583, 135K)

are they porting this shit to the Switch or something? Why does it look worse than fucking SFIV? Well at least looks like an early PS3 game instead of PS2.

Oh I know capcom nowadays can't do shit, i'm just saying if they ever snap out if it, i'd like one last ride

Do you hit your head in the subway too ? The train's doors are pretty low over here.

To add to this their last gem they had for fighting games, Neo_G, is over at SNK.

Take a look at KoFXIV and you'll where they're coming from.

Shobu da

SNK isn't very experienced with 3D graphics. SNK Heroines was too budget to have them improve on what they had in XIV. At least SamSho has something of an artstyle to it, like SFIV's but dialed up. Graphics aren't all that important to this genre; character and art design are the core of the visuals.

As a male, I have to say this game is highly problematic. You wouldn't get a massively muscular physique complete with a 6-pack like with the diet and physical regimen the Samurai lifestyle entails. Also, why does every character have perfect jawlines and a full head of hair?

Those are some unrealistic standards of masculinity that you're forcing the young men that play these games to aspire to.

Big oof, Mr Wizard, big oof. Might I add a yikes as well. This goes against the core values of the FGC that you've been trying to uphold so well.

Thankfully not, at least not on the new cars. You ever feel like other guys look intimidated when you talk to them?

Didn't you see Earthquake?

Lol I took the habit of leaning a bit when talking to other smaller people but yeah sometimes with strangers when I just stay straight, they look a bit.

Silence, shitlord. You're so lucky moderation is lax on this site.

This goes with the value of my dick.

SNK barely got out of bankruptcy, what the fuck do you think

Attached: 1551211362803.png (800x450, 724K)

Who is your main? Tachibana Ukyo main here.

>porting this shit to the Switch
yes actually they are confirmed to be doing that

>growing my blond hair out just for the Dio mullet
H-how did you know?

>high tier fag.
Nah. Ukyo is cool. I want to dust off my Galford or my Charlotte after all these years.

>not growing your hair and dying it a rich dark purple to cosplay Kars
fucking fag

Pic related.

Attached: Kuroko_ss6.jpg (1024x1024, 274K)

Exploding pants ninja.

Hated all the way to the bank

its actually doing really well now, peoples complaints aren't without merit but its not as terrible as it was before, same shit, vanilla version is terrible then the updates fix the problems

just get itsuno to make a fighting game again, but hes most likely gonna work on dd2 after dmcv

soon

Attached: thicc.jpg (1280x1386, 350K)

Capcom's fighting game future isn't 100% dead as long as Itsuno is still with the company. Remember that he's behind Rival Schools, Power Stone, and CvS2, and his first ever directorial credit was for a fighting game (Star Gladiator).

Can someone explain to me why the fighting genre is full of pretty guys? MK11 can't even get women right.

>main Haohmaru in CvS2, he's my #1 easily
>he isn't my main in SamSho II
The fuck do I do? Haohmaru is fun as fuck in CvS2 but my OG main was Galford with some Charlotte and Earthquake on the side. There's some later-entry newcomers that looked cool that I'd want to try if they return too.

Attached: 1487495530435.png (567x311, 134K)

>tfw my hair looks just like his
IT'S NOT FUCKING EASY MANAGING THE DAMN THING OK you don't want this in your life you want a straight hair that doesn't tie itself into knots.

I fucking hope this glorious motherfucker gets in

Attached: sieger.jpg (300x371, 26K)

DAMN ! Look's good !

>It's 2019 and Shiki is still not in a good SS game
Unfortunate

What are the good SS games ?

>not in the trailer
>has been in every SS game before
I'm optimistic

Attached: snk-kyoshiro2.gif (116x155, 34K)

2 4 & 5SP

These guys are morons, dont let it get to you
>b-but samsho has a MASSIVE and DEDICATED fanbase!
>well, side tournaments at EVO never reach even reasonable numbers for a potential mainstage game. Melees playerbase has dwarfed Samshos for years
>s-shut up! You smell! Samsho got in because its gonna be HOIPE! Theres no way money could be involved la la la I'm not listening

Pic related, guess which bar is Samsho and which is melee

Attached: Screenshot_20190227-004720_Chrome.jpg (1079x830, 151K)

Ok thanks.

Samsho hasn't got a game since 2008.

In a core values world sex is bad but violence is good

If you're still around it's 5 Special by the way. Steer clear of vanilla 5.

Last time a good SS game came out was 2003 and Melee is overhyped by autistic overattached zealots, fuck off.

SS6 has great characters like Iroha and Andrew Jackson

Attached: Iroha-ss6.png (290x470, 152K)

So why is this new game at evo without any playerbase whatsoever over melee if there isnt money involved

NO PANTIES

Yeah so for what reason would a series without a good game in 16 years get in over a game consistently flirting with #1 overall viewership?

Answer: money

Wizard probably just wants to get rid of melee. A game like this is obviously not going to get a huge number of entrants either, so it will be easy to fit in somewhere on Saturday.

>How the hell did an unreleased Samurai Shodown make it to EVO?
Why, upon the strength of the superlative quality of KoF14 and SNK Heroines, of course... goy.

Attached: jewrio_make_it_rain.gif (440x278, 732K)

KAZE GA TOBU KOKO WA OUSHUU URUSHIYAMA

>no NEINHALT SIGER
NO BUY

Attached: Dn-c49SW0AA4UmY.jpg (636x791, 120K)

So Mr. Wizard is purposely losing money because he doesnt like a game?

Samsho had a fanbase. And those people are willing to play it again after those 11 years of no new games. Melee have been at evo for too long, it's time to give some space for new games.

>implying KOFXIV isn't a quality game
Name one bad thing other than the rough models.

Attached: 1540085730717.jpg (557x488, 33K)

He and the volunteers are probably just fed up with having to accommodate a game which will never die. Also CRTs autism.

The lightnings and shaders.

Alright, let's wait and see how the samsho sign ups compare to melee's the past few years. I'd be shocked if it's even close.

Lol nobody's saying otherwise.

Those got patched to be better a few months after release but they still weren't perfect so you get that. I still like it more than XIII for everything other than the visuals. King of Dinosaurs and Ramon make up for no Raiden.

Attached: 1483631014904.png (903x869, 768K)

- cookie-cutter gameplay engine (KoF Reg.A minus fun)
- all characters have mirrored normals and chain comboes
- mash LP for a canned super combo (kek)
- horrid, chink-stained roster
- the largest overall diminution between KoF iterations (KoF13 to 14)
- no on-going support speaks for itself...

Attached: the_ultimate_casual.jpg (400x300, 22K)

Why couldn't they go for 2D sprites ...

Because they cost too much, name one (1) fighting game made today with sprites

I unironically liked Andrew. I dug his uniform and sword fighting with a fucking musket

>new games should be in because they're new!
>it doesnt matter if they're good or if anyone actually plays them!
Cancer

Not him but BBtag. But yeah, SNK can't afford them anymore.

Attached: 1539803164724.gif (960x3080, 386K)

>I don't care if a new game might be good I absolutely don't want to give it a chance
>Let me replay my bug-filled trash party game again and again

here's your (you)

Sad thing is most people don't even care about pixel art. They just see pixels and think it's old or indie, and equate that with lower value.

Indie pixel art is usually cheap shit though.

Hasn't BB been using the same assets for like 10 years now?

- beautiful sprites dumped for some of the ugliest, early-PS360-era-looking polygorgons on the market
- non-existent score (esp. egregious from the company behind the famed Neo-Geo orchestra)
- far more casual than competitive
- no content

Attached: Mr K - Robert 'Brung' 3.gif (500x212, 3.76M)

And BB is also done now, and will probably be the last entirely new 2d game that Arcsys makes.

They're making new stuff for BBtag. Also UNIST is using sprites.

Ukyo is lame as fuck, i completely forgot how fuckng lame he is.

GIVE ME
E
N
J
U
R
O

and Sogetsu

Attached: genjuro-ngbc.jpg (768x1024, 441K)

Attached: 1538180005488.png (394x350, 66K)

>giving a new game "a chance" means giving it a slot at the worlds biggest FGC event over an established game with a dedicated playerbase
L O L

Is cannibalism a core value?

Attached: Gedo.gif (158x175, 37K)

core values, aka money

ITADAKIMASU!

DA
DADA DA
DADADADADA

youtu.be/O6AaAkTYVxM

Is this the go to for every ass mad Melee fag now?

Attached: 1507558630445.jpg (141x141, 5K)

Do Oni's eat each other?

>KoF XIV is too old despite getting occasional content updates
>SNK heroines is too fanservice-y for EVO's core values
It happened last year with crosstag

You forot that SF4 was also inspired by that ink-y style, albeit more subtlely.

You know that there is NO fucking blood in any 2D japanese fighting game released for more than 10 years now, right?
It's already a lot to see some blood in Samsho.

Attached: 1547097602928.jpg (981x1100, 183K)

Nah, I want him too.

>4
There's nothing to go back for in 4. 3 and 4 were mistakes.

She came in 2.

Where's the farty purple dude, he was so cheap

PS1 is only good if you want to play it casually. It isn't arcade-perfect.

>accepting and defending censorship
>censoring Melee out of Evo
fuck SJWs and fuck SJWmurai Shodown

There is no censorship, fucking retard.
We have blood and they confirmed executions when they announced the fucking game.

It looks good to me. Fighting Ex Layer has better visuals but it has fuck all marketing and that shit jap netcode I hate. Still gonna get this though.

4 is kusoge-tier.

EVO has changed. It's no longer about hype, viewers or tradition. It's an endless series of proxy tourneys, entered by casuals and online warriors. EVO, and its consumption of life, has become a well-oiled machine. EVO has changed. ID tagged players carry ID tagged sticks, use ID tagged pads. Red Bull inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Marketing control. Information control. Emotion control. Tournament control. Everything is streamed, and kept under control. EVO has changed. The age of Internet has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from advertisements that don't share their core values . And he who controls the tournament, controls fighting games. EVO has changed. When the tournament is under total control, EVO... becomes routine.

Attached: aris.jpg (480x360, 14K)

the red bull part made me chuckle

I'm not convinced it's a "censorship" thing. You can see in the regular hits that there's still plenty of blood. Instead I think it's a graphical limitation. Simply put, having character models get realistically wounded would be very hard. It's a bit less of an issue in older 2D games because superimposing big red gash marks over the wounded character's sprites was good enough for the level of graphical quality of the time.

It makes extra sense when you consider the fact that almost every fighting game, both 2D and 3D, uses visual trickery to hide the fact that attacks don't always impact the opponent in realistic ways. That's what hitsparks, including the blood spurts in this new Samsho game, are there for. To hide the actual impact, or lack thereof.

youtube.com/watch?v=YwcyiItLFns
ya, Aris really changed after he pushed his creepiness a little to hard that one time

Musashi?

Attached: 2261092-box_bfm.png (846x960, 1.22M)

Arcsys doesn't MAKE Under Night, they just publish it. French Bread makes it.

is there actually a sam sho community? For all the joking about unist, melty, even vsav being dead this is the only game I've never actually heard of somebody playing

>Melee stinkies getting more and more desperate.

Attached: 1549846521276.jpg (599x459, 50K)

Well it's been almost 14 years since the last numbered entry and almost 10 years since it got any release at all, so it shouldn't really surprise you.

She's in!

Attached: bkub.jpg (1000x1214, 174K)

There was a small community which used to play them on GGPO like 8-9 years ago, and I assume some must still play on fightcade or whatever.

There was enough of a community on Mizuumi for a wiki to be maintained for a time. It's probably still the best samsho resource in English.
wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Samurai_Shodown_V_Special

>all those replies
They're correct that SNK did not bribe Wizard. It was SNK's extremely rich Chinese owners who bribed Wizard.

Yeah.

Attached: D0Yfw5-XcAErr7M-orig.jpg (1641x1080, 236K)

ok, I figured. I wasn't sure if it was just people memeing or if it was actually active on fightcade or something

Yes, but it is absolutely minuscule. It's less popular overall compared to KoF for reference.

Clever. Does that make GG Nappa?

>They updated Kyo for KOF14 so that he looked like a cool Chinese dude
Fixed that for you

Nappa was Brawl

Attached: 2011-04-09-bird_maiden.jpg (350x1051, 137K)

so hilarious to spam heavy with this cutie

Haohmaru is also based on Musashi Miyamoto so technically, yes

I just need him and Ukyo confirmed FUCK

Guest characters are hot right now, so who do you think they'd pick?

The obvious ones would be
>Mai from KoF
They don't need to ask anyone, and no Mai no buy
>Baiken
Fits well, maybe not well known enough
>Soul Calibur character, probably Taki or Mitsu
They gave Harada Geese for T7 so a trade seems logical

B3 vs Modern-day EVO is the most Soul vs Soulless comparison to ever exist

Best girl Charlotte better fucking be in so I can TRI-SLASH the fuck outta some niggas.

Well that's nice.

Attached: DMBKiYzU8AA3pSc.jpg orig.jpg (1075x1046, 152K)

YARAYARAYARA
YABUEEEEH

I want someone from last blade as redundant as that sounds.

DOA humiliated Mr Wizard and i think he just swapped games

I think Last Blade characters are going to be retconned into the series. I doubt they'd even make a new LB cause the setting is too similar. So may as well save the cast

Sometimes but he's a Gaki
Also learned/re-remembered that he's designed by the guy who made Trigun

He's a dude who became an oni after eating too many little girls.

4 is really the "best" one in terms of gameplay depth but 5 Special is the most "balanced" when softbanning the turbo Enja secret unlock. 2 was when the series' popularity peaked, it has a lot of secrets but otherwise did not age that great overall, got shitty jump physics and barf inducing graphics. 6 is the best introduction to the series. NGPC ones are actually pretty damn great if you don't mind playing 8 bit games.

I don't know what you consider community but it's one of the more popular series on fightcade

I use WinKawaks to emulate them cause mame always seems to get stroppy with 5.

Attached: Gaki.png (680x1072, 1.16M)

Mr. Wizard is a bitch bootlicker who will take it up the ass for small scraps and favors.

>4 is really the "best" one in terms of gameplay depth
How?

So excited for a footsies based game on the main stage that isn't street fighter v.

can Team Ninja Sue? cause announcing an EVO game before the product even comes out will hurt this games sale hard.

Interesting. Is this from a book or something? Do you have the name?

twitter.com/hc0519/status/1100632434217934848

yokai.com/gaki/

Attached: D0YTa-VUcAAEF23.png (249x164, 11K)

This is the safest bet, add 1 new villain and 1 new regular character and you got the full Base roster. I'm expecting 3 DLC characters.

I'm just happy I get to play a new fucking SS game.

jesus christ

the absolute state of smashniggers

I want to impregnate my wife Ruru!

Attached: 1cfa3153f9d5a546d055d5977905ebb4.png (999x1490, 857K)

imagine the smell

Very nice, user.

Attached: DXNFJ9uU0AIVgjA.jpg orig.jpg (1446x2048, 358K)

That would be a pretty small roster. People expect at least 20 for the base these days

Its nice that the game would be at EVO for advertising it but they seriously serioulsy need to talk more about the game if they want it not to suffer the same fate of Fighting Layer

I hope honest characters like Mina and Yunfei are in and top tier!

It being a not that popular franchise is what is going to cause it to go the way of Fighting EX Layer. KoF is way more loved and people don't even play it.

It doesnt need to be popular when it has quality
The series has the best designs SNK ever did, a Samurai Shodown game only needs not to suck balls to become popular on its own (which seems to be the hard part)

this, why didn't Ex Layer get a chance! i hate that games are getting in on developer/publisher name alone now.

Thanks, bro.

Nako is not for lewd!

Attached: 1472872994984.jpg (1419x2132, 461K)

Mexicans and the sort as well as Chinese play SNK games, that's why you never usually here of it.

??

Attached: aab97926c080868abb432ec86021d680.png (1280x1091, 735K)

>no trace of Ukyo in the trailer

Guess an old man can't get one of his small dreams to come true...

Attached: uk-drop.gif (171x169, 36K)

damage

Attached: Samurai Shodown - New Gameplay Trailer.webm (720x404, 2.92M)

So do I buy it on Steam or PS4? Which one's more likely to have alive online? inb4 Switch

The PC version will be the better one, and I doubt the community will be huge on either.

Attached: みずしま - ナコルル (69160242) 1ページ.png (1200x1200, 65K)

My nigga.

>no Ukyo
It's shit

>SFV artstyle
Why

I hope Hibiki makes it in even though she's not a SamSho character. She was my favorite in CvS2

Attached: hibaeki.gif (500x680, 217K)

No Chamcham, no buy.

Attached: DyUaZMeUwAY740b.jpg orig.jpg (1528x1710, 550K)

samsho looks like that?
that looks really bad. the proportions are even more retarded than in SFV.

I'm glad they kept dropping your weapon. Stuff like that isn't esports enough, fun elements aren't allowed in multiplayer games now so I thought it would be gone.

SNK being bought out is what CAUSED XIV to enter development you retard.

>cinametic supers
When will this trend finally die? Supers look way better when they're short and remain at the same fixed angle as normal gameplay.

Fighting layer looks like it's full of stock particles and the animation is pretty abysmal.

Actual lighting is nice and the fidelity is top notch but it's a but of a mess sometimes.

At least it seems to be a mix of them here, it'll just be the ones with a wind up animation most of the time which is not much different than a cut in. The big ones look like 75%+ health bar moves. So I can get the round finisher having a big cinematic.

>yes actually they are confirmed to be doing that

Source? I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

>18 Year Old Game that's been solved for years and thus boring as fuck to watch
>Austistic Cancer of a Fanbase that demand CRTs for them and only them, to be treated like gods of the FGC for playing a party game, who can't bother cleaning themselves up for a fucking tournament, who harassed the staff and people at the tournament and who bitch and moan about any game that isn't Melee
If it were up to Meleefags, the only game at EVO would be Melee. Hell even now they're trying to cope by both pretending EVO doesn't matter and that Melee will always be alive while also complaining and claiming French Bread bought out their slot with their pocket change.

Attached: 1547129440142.png (194x363, 98K)

Like how they're committing a lot more to the ink theme but not getting retarded like SFxT, SFIV's art director is the one on board I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=LCXEPXfTsEk

Heres hoping for another goofy intro song like SFIV and KOFXIV, I love that shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=JscLcDLBWzY

Attached: file.png (850x1263, 1.45M)

Footsies someone so hard they get their fucking soul cut in half
youtu.be/NmFDtMw2Ee0

>Samurai Shodown

The game looks awfully generic already. And whats with the ultra cheap Photoshop-styles logo? Seriously, if Crapcom shits in a bucket, SNK can wait to position their rear end over one too.

Trailer breakdown
twitter.com/experimilk/status/1100627179690487808

>Meditating, State of Nothingness out
>Back hits
>Meter doesn't get spent when you use a super, so it is a timer like before
>Counter hits can be cancelled to super (?)
>Disarming from supers out (?)
>Meter bar can disappear (Galfords goes at one point in the trailer) presumably for Rage Explosion + Issen
>Parries, still disarm
>Haohmaru's big super doesn't need full meter, health or round count (?)

I am scared.
Also are there more blatant monsters in SamSho? It really reminds me of the Shadow monsters in Legend of the Five rings.

>Also are there more blatant monsters in SamSho?
a sort of monster

Attached: Dfd96Z8UEAAm1hD-orig.jpg (600x870, 75K)

I don't think Genan is actually a monster, just looks like one.

Attached: Genan-sstenka.png (266x476, 174K)

rage is so busted but also fun

I would allow this monster to suffocate me.

Thighs or bust - her pick.

Good answer.

Attached: 1550224548756.png (847x1374, 586K)

Delicious

Kek

Attached: 1551263481958.png (416x312, 37K)

I almost guarantee Iroha will be in or the first DLC character

Just think of the SFM porn

Attached: 1551255173832.gif (400x290, 3.58M)

Post more Samurai Slutdown

Attached: 520acbedc5a98a7de73825b33a0f25603ef0c6219dda71673ec18f021cf50e3d.png (267x255, 140K)

Attached: big anime tidders .jpg (800x800, 477K)