Why did they scrap the original scariness of the masked man final boss fight? it seems much better than what we got

why did they scrap the original scariness of the masked man final boss fight? it seems much better than what we got

Attached: 34223424.png (1266x657, 631K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gWWlRKyYdgs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 4324234.png (1061x672, 286K)

Itoi himself said that he thought it was too dark, and that he had become a better person.

Too similar to the previous game
He went for a different take but retaining the core that is you cant win by attacking
And I think what we got was really good, its more powerful than the prequels final bosses

i feel like it being super dark would of been the best way to top off the game. it lacked an eeriness to the situation

It’s pretty dark enough.

They already spread the dark themes all throughout the rest of the game.

I think making Claus appear as some kind of uber powerful angel robot would make the scene less sad because you stop seeing it as human and your brother
Instead we get a simple fight with a boy wearing a mask but it can hit you harder because of it, he looks fine when he takes off the mask maybe you could save him? But the way he is fucked up is inside you dont see it though you know it, that he is already dead

We have like 5 poorly translated lines spoken decades ago and pages of fan conjecture but let's be real, we have no idea what the actual 'original' ending was going to be or what stage in development it even was when they scrapped it.

Claiming you know anything about how much better it would have been is pure nonsense.

>all you do is fucking wait
what a stepdown from the other games' endings, seriously.

Man what the fuck was that shit supposed to be

there are still some people that claim it was supposed to be fucking Giygas again

>all you do is sing
>all you do is pray
>all you do is defend

Is not much different

fuck off.

Lucas has a mental breakdown, and starts hallucinating, just like the character he was based off of.

>actively balancing healing and other things with a full party
>lol just heal your one guy and if you mess up you have mementos to rez you
yeah, it's pretty different

You still have to heal
None of the games final bosses are difficult whatsoever user

its still one of my favorite final bosses. its still plenty spooky, or maybe eerie is a better word. especially in the closing moments.
youtube.com/watch?v=gWWlRKyYdgs

Attached: 34242.png (445x53, 706)

I'll try to find it but one line that really struck me from Itoi on this ending was that he said originally "the protagonist was going to betray the player". Something about that line has really stuck with me.

Attached: 23777055_p0.jpg (700x865, 160K)

>the protagonist was going to betray the player
What did he mean by this, like actually not-memeing what did he mean by this?

Probably how it doesn't matter whether you want to pull the needle or not, Lucas will do it anyway.

Probably like the ending of Contact for DS.

so what, Lucas would have just fucking killed Claus or what

I think they should have just reused some of the assets from the original final boss concept for Tanetane island instead. I mean maybe they did with the dialouge, but all of the Eerie Smile fights look exactly the same.

>it was unreleased and dark, that means it was better!

Attached: 1530486724492.png (239x247, 60K)

fuck responded to the wrong guy

My personal theory is this:

The original ending was simply going to have Lucas pull the needle and have the player see the island destroyed with the player never knowing the fate of the characters. In a way this would "betray" the player as we wouldn't know what emotion Lucas passes to the dark dragon. He very well could have passed on sadness or anger after what he had just experienced and destroy the island.

I don't care what people here says, The 64 looked like a way better game than this crap.

Nigger, that version had Kumatora as a prostitute.

EarthBound 64 would have mopped the floor with Final Fantasy 7 had it come out.

That makes it even better, faggot.

Yokuba>Fassad

She looked better that way faggot.

finally someone who knows what they're talking about

Attached: 033e17fc2582672b399d14fe07e92ba0.jpg (608x1313, 79K)

She already gave handies at club titiboo. Kumatora is a slag.

>EarthBound 64 would have mopped the floor with Final Fantasy 7 had it come out.
In your dreams.

>directly naming a character "Greed" vs a pun
yikes

>you stop seeing it as human and your brother
that was the point of the robot form

>a pun vs a pun
woah

Because it would have been shit.

Claus used to plague my nightmares back when this was found. Good times.

Pussy

Nah, I’m glad we got pink-haired tomboy instead of twotone-haired dyke.

Attached: 1EB1F225-78E8-430A-8460-AFD283619A6E.png (500x482, 208K)