Just started playing pic related, what i'm into?

Just started playing pic related, what i'm into?

Attached: 81u4ZnAcEUL._SX569_.jpg (569x506, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc
youtube.com/watch?v=Vrx1sZYgp7E
youtu.be/-7M_g_LJn3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=dClKPzjyHns
youtube.com/watch?v=XEtRzDYYBuY
youtube.com/watch?v=GQbLCsbci9k
youtube.com/watch?v=r3wS7QEwUbs
youtube.com/watch?v=2vgTdyMPdsA
youtube.com/watch?v=95tJNXhhnTY
youtu.be/KHhpFGmmUMU
youtube.com/watch?v=sQPDe1mU31s
youtube.com/watch?v=Bc5rboSunV0
youtube.com/watch?v=Vrx1sZYgp7E&index=78&list=PLuu7gfeeGV4TKifRVuYQCVEIU1lGJoIhG&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=UCVaU-R2Qes&list=PLE3A2E610E77911BE
youtube.com/watch?v=mQYTULzisHs&t=112s
youtube.com/watch?v=EcZHm4VllDs
youtu.be/Mz-3ZuqLQg8
youtu.be/ubj7lzLOWSI
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
youtube.com/watch?v=TnfK0UZf0Ec
youtu.be/BGORm3P0F1w
youtube.com/watch?v=bZ3mWGdpr4A
youtube.com/watch?v=6om-6N_yclo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFuWf_copM8
youtube.com/watch?v=Go0JWfE9nEw
youtube.com/watch?v=eZlVVFWhjiE
youtu.be/tlAf4EE7sDQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

10/10 overworld soundtrack. Also, hopefully a hoy thread.

a shitty persona rip off

Hoy

>what i'm into?
Please learn English

I’LL END IT THUS

A very unfortunate story of someone being toyed with.

Do you guys remember stuff about games you play? I beat this game and can barely remember anything. Medieval world as a front for post apocalyptic world. Am I retarded?

he said he's already started, so whatever he was in for, it's safe to assume he's already into it.

DON'T put any points in STR.

strength is broken and doesn't work, if you want phys skills go dex instead

prioritize app points on demon skill slots, then your own skill slots, then whatever else you want, MP regen is good as well

after blasted and infernal tokyo if you've decided you want to go neutral look up a guide (there's plenty non-spoiler choice trees to find) because you're extremely unlikely to fuck it up if you try to manage your alignment on your own

macca rare so only use it when you need it, use fundraise on bind inflicted demons for lodsemone

game's pretty simple honestly, do whatever you want and have fun

*likely to fuck it up, rather

Shin Megami Tensei IV begins with Flynn and his friend Issachar traveling to Mikado Castle to undergo a test as to whether they are worthy of becoming Samurai, the guardians of Mikado who both confront and control demons. Issachar fails, yet Flynn succeeds and is promptly initiated along with other candidates, including Walter, Jonathan and Isabeau. The new Samurai prentices receive electronic gauntlets containing A.I.s: Flynn's A.I., Burroughs, supports him throughout the game with advice. Shortly after their initiation, unrest rises in the countryside as a figure calling herself the "Black Samurai" distributes cursed books written to spread "knowledge and wisdom"; some residents of Mikado, including Issachar, are turned into demons after reading the books at gatherings called "Sabbaths". The Samurai are sent to confront the resulting demons and the Black Samurai. After restoring order to Mikado and killing Issachar, the Samurai are told to pursue her to the legendary land that lies beneath Mikado, Tokyo. The Samurai climb down a tunnel which leads to the top of a skyscraper; they discover Tokyo is a city covered by a rock dome which has enclosed it in eternal night, while Mikado lays upon the surface of the dome.

Garbage tutorial, great music and easy to understand characters. Once you get past Naraku the fun really starts.

The party explores Tokyo searching for the Black Samurai, confronting a variety of foes: the demons which infest Tokyo; the Ashura-kai, a yakuza organization who rule the city and provide a semblance of order; and the Ring of Gaea, a cult dedicated to its leader Yuriko. The party discovers that the Black Samurai was Yuriko, a demon whose true name is Lilith, and that she sought to bring chaos to the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado and undermine its ordered, stagnant structure. The party also rescues three mysterious masked men from Tokyo on the orders of Sister Gabby, a member of Mikado's church. Walter is convinced by Yuriko that the Ashura-kai should be defeated and more demons unleashed on Tokyo, while Jonathan is convinced by Gabby that Lilith must be slain. Flynn can support either Walter or Jonathan, but regardless of his choice, both are successful: both Lilith's Ring of Gaea and the Ashura-kai are defeated, and demons are released into Tokyo via the Yamato reactor, an energy source connecting parallel dimensions. Flynn, Jonathan, and Walter explore two different timelines of Tokyo: one where law dominates, and another where chaos reigns supreme. In both of them, Flynn's previous incarnation was slain.

Attached: samurai.jpg (907x1278, 688K)

After viewing the alternate worlds, a score based on Flynn's moral choices throughout the game decides whether the player is on the Law path, Chaos path, or Neutral path. Additionally, the player always has the option to destroy the world at the behest of The White, personifications of human despair who desire complete oblivion. Jonathan will ally with the "new leaders" of Mikado, the four archangels Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael and Michael - Sister Gabby and the three imprisoned figures the Samurai rescued. They merge into Merkabah, God's chariot. Walter will ally and merge with Lucifer, the most powerful demon; they seek to destroy Mikado. Should Flynn side with Law, he and Merkabah defeat Lucifer. In order to prevent further corruption of the people of Mikado, they destroy Tokyo, killing themselves in the process. If Flynn sides with Chaos, he and Lucifer defeat Merkabah. After destroying Mikado, the two begin a new war against God. In both Law and Chaos routes, Isabeau returns to stop Flynn on behalf of humanity, but after he defeats her, she commits suicide. In the Neutral route, Flynn and Isabeau join forces against Merkabah and Lucifer, enlisting Masakado's help against them. After Merkabah's defeat, Isabeau evacuates Mikado's population to Tokyo. After Flynn defeats Lucifer, Masakado uses his fully awakened power to remove and assimilate the enclosing dome, which erases Mikado and restores daylight to Tokyo; bringing the people of both sides together as one in a united Tokyo.

an affront to smt but some really fun redesigns

Attached: dfghfsgdbntdgymnttyn4.png (531x1279, 807K)

Where's Bobo?

Attached: 1498594676838.jpg (797x601, 205K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc

yeah, I came in to post that. Game itself is atmospheric (though I've lost interest at the Government Building twice now..) but I do enjoy the artstyle, setting, story and makings. Mostly came to post the music though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vrx1sZYgp7E

Being raped by demons

fucking dead because Flynn is a chaoschad

A really fun game also build Flynn however you want the game is not really hard at all. I did a no spell run as my first run no guides either and other then save for 1 boss i had no trouble.

MY SHIN MEGOOMI TENSAY IV IS A BIT DIFFERENT

A fun game that ends up overshadowed by 4A.

So I heard that you have to finish every single sidequest in the game to finish the Neutral route, is that true?
I'm a Chaosfag so I wouldnt know.

Attached: 1445022652928.jpg (700x500, 271K)

I played the game 3 times and got all the endings last year, so I have a lot of info to give
Give me a good argument for why its bad other than "its ugly"

Not all but specific ones from what ive heard, I wouldnt know since I instintively do all the quests available the moment they appear, I would guess that everyone does the same, right?

youtu.be/-7M_g_LJn3Q

Attached: C487B270-C0A1-47A9-92EF-9430852A4629.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

I don't think so but I haven't finished my "Neutral" run yet

I hope you know your way around Tokyo, or navigating the map will be a pain in the ass

I remember having to do all the hunter association stuff to get the Neutral ending, but that was also around launch week and all the guides were still in Japanese, so I dunno if you actually need to.

Hoard as much Macca as you can, user, nothing matters more than that sweet money, there will be a time when you will have to spend almost all of it in less than an hour and it will be worth it, on that subject, kill all Nekomatas on sight ASAP, dont give them a chance to breath.

You're into shitty games is what you're into

Prepare for the bull or be prepared to prep the bull.

Attached: 1474144156437.jpg (1294x1229, 311K)

Make sure you bring more Macca next time.

This. I quit after spending a while in Tokyo, it was no longer fun by then.

A shit dub unless you're playing it in Japanese as intended by G*d

>implying

Attached: 1771866E-CEF1-4F92-907E-7846AFE2FCFF.jpg (643x388, 69K)

Attached: 1495435772634.jpg (1015x1831, 627K)

youtube.com/watch?v=dClKPzjyHns

youtube.com/watch?v=XEtRzDYYBuY

youtube.com/watch?v=GQbLCsbci9k

Attached: 1499316018654.jpg (1250x672, 347K)

First dungeon 4 weeks ago.
It was just so blend n i dont feel like going back.
Does it get better anons?
Is this edgy animu pokemon?

Attached: 1544826334724.jpg (480x480, 18K)

>shit dub
Do you consider ANY dub good? SMT IV has one of the best dubs ive ever heard, the only voice in the whole game I disliked was Cherubim's, but I guess they are purposefully like that.

All of them, yes. The only ones that you don't are NG+ only quests

Attached: 1474362175845.jpg (764x1080, 111K)

SMT predates Pokemon, but yes.

Parts that are kino and parts that are absolute cringe.

The first dungeon is the filter user, it gets a lot better, dont worry, you wont traverse caves forever.

Is Yaso Magatsuhi garbage or kino?

It has good music, but its pretty shit on every other area. Strange Journey is a better SMT IV.

Boy if you are complaining about the first dungeon then stay the fuck away from the game cuz the last one will fuck you up.

A game that gets somewhat easier as time goes on minus the Minotaur boss.
Also magic build is ideal from my experience.

>we will never get pic related as full-on game
Kill me

Attached: A070DA8A-99CE-41F2-A271-0346680AD9EA.jpg (977x1200, 316K)

does dungeon crawling worse than etrian odyssey
does pokemon worse than pokemon
overall its a shit game that gets boring real quick

>tfw they ruined my Lulu and made him a grey alien
I would really like to know they decided to do that shit.

Would they use their own skills or demons? 2 separate parties maybe like 4A?

There are no dungeons in SMT IV.

>fun redesigns

Reading comprehension

Attached: 14c.jpg (207x253, 17K)

Attached: 1484108551505.png (699x992, 892K)

Why is Isabeau so cute?

Kenji and his fucking annoying ancient curse fuck that electric cunt.

>does Pokémon worse than Pokémon

Attached: 8463DE69-2E2C-4136-B562-E771D2CE76F3.jpg (2048x1660, 737K)

Had flashbacks of persona 3, a game that i forced myself for 8 hours because my friend told me it was gr8est gam ever
Are the dungeons better or about the same?

Attached: venom.png (745x384, 642K)

I meant to ask about the "affront to smt", sorry.

Disagree. EO is literal unplayable shit for me, and I got through this game (barely remember it though), so the dungeons can't be that bad.

The cancerous over world map made me quit the game couple of times. Its just pain in the ass to navigate.

MegaTen literally invented the monster capture genre.

Better but they aren't exactly "dungeons" really. You'd be better off with Nocturne or one of the older titles.

considering tartarus is the worst thing ever made, yes it's much better

>catching demons and evolving them
>not pokemon

SMT was made before Pokémon

Attached: 1EC4B2F4-EEC3-4E9F-9CBB-41570F002DF7.jpg (1015x1147, 307K)

Persona 3 and 4 had the worst dungeons.
They all pretty much corridors with different wall texts.
Even in Persona 1 and 2 you actually explored places like schools and hospitals.
In P5 they actually gave a shit and built actual dungeons.

SMT only had actual dungeons from Nocturne and up.

see Pokemon prances about on roads MegaTen paved, to the extent that its spinoffs were doing the "show how fucked up Pokemon would be if everything was played completely realistically" before Pokemon was even thought of.

keep em coming

Ok anons ill give it another go

Attached: oaivm8jl7dg21.png (123x128, 19K)

>SMT only had actual dungeons from Nocturne and up.
?

Attached: 41585.png (767x508, 6K)

Attached: 1484452606896.gif (480x360, 235K)

Well if you dont like it much, put the game on Easy and advance until after you defeat Medusa and reach the Unclean One's country, if you dont like it by then, you can drop it.

Devil Survivor was some good ass shit

Attached: F1E132C6-5370-4D0E-8179-AA5E42B22563.jpg (500x747, 50K)

why don't more games go for an art style like this?

Thanks for reminding me I need to finish SMT 1, god the Cathedral is pure cancer.

The Dark Souls of Persona.

>that Citra bug where Overclocked will never start hasn't been fixed yet
Fuck, I just want to replay it

A fun game featuring completely 100% normal Japanese high school girls with no ulterior motives or secret identities whatsoever.

Attached: 1447094115724[1].png (246x344, 331K)

>does pokemon worse than pokemon
I like both series but demon negotiation is much better than just fighting to capture.
You can also fuse demons, customize their skills to your liking, they are all from real life culture meaning it teaches you about the real world a bit, their design range from cute to sexy to alien abomination, a lot of them actually have a place in the games plots, etc.
But if I'm honest theres way more Pokemons I would fuck than SMT demons so theres that.

Takes effort and talent

Attached: 1532585546133.jpg (1280x1280, 357K)

Roger roger

Attached: 1536195371723_0.jpg (180x192, 16K)

??? yourself.
Couldnt you tell from my post that I meant actual dungeons as in with actual visual design?

So are the first 3 SMT's worth checking out still?

I read somewhere that you have to change something when it starts up, and after that you can unchange it to play the game normally

just buy it user so we can have desu3 one day

>Citra bug
Nigga what? I played both Overclocked and DS2 on the Citra like two years ago.
Unless they changed something with these daily updates. In that case you can just try a older update.

Attached: 1496653851506.png (200x471, 81K)

I would kill for a Desu 3. I loved the shit out of both games.

Attached: B27F32D7-CC3F-46A2-B517-E104D1DFC8DD.jpg (640x905, 188K)

SMTI's way too easy to break and the encounter rate is absurd
Haven't touched II
Nocturne's pretty fun, but I'm not a huge fan of the Magatama system and going back to the old demon fusion system after being used to the new one is kind of weird

Best SMT

Attached: 1532981781220.png (1029x900, 232K)

>He wouldnt fuck most demons
Also, while I love smt, negotiation has always been kinda shit, as in, its all pure rng, you can never know if what you are saying is correct because the phrase that convinced one demon is also the one who will anger them and make them one shot you.

The entire soundtrack is 10/10 user.

*A fun post-apocalyptic game featuring normal Japanese high school girls

Attached: 1547763081920.jpg (500x673, 129K)

Was it vaporware?

Attached: C86C90FC-48FE-4EFC-9570-6609C7DAF38C.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Not really, im playing SMT 1 and its archaic in all fronts and grindy as fuck, but if you do check it out, remember to download the patch for the aeon genesis translation or your game will get fucked in the last dungeon.

They broke compatibility in future updates, older versions run like ass on my system.

I did, I bought it on release.

ATLUS IF YOU DONT APPEAR IN THE E3 AND UPDATE ANYTHING ABOUT SMT V I SWEAR TO YHVH...

Nah, im still expecting a Q4 2019 release.

Attached: 1519886722740.jpg (1200x900, 152K)

Nice butt.

Isnt SMTIV the only one where its based on RNG?
I might be wrong but I cant say I had many RNG moments in all the time I got demons in SMT games.
But I can say that I loved it in SMTIV Final. Sometimes demons actually remember their conversations with you and instead of battling again they can leave peacefully or join you.
I dont know, SMT negotiations were always a small detailed that really helped me enjoy the game and see demons as their own personalities.

I can't believe I got the neutral path by sheer luck my first time, especially as I had only heard of the alignment system just before the decision point.

it took this long to get a word about Prime 4 so I won't give up just yet

Atlus never had a problem delivering, half of their delivering is persona but they still deliver.

Cathrine on PC also justifies my faint hope we might finally have our dreams come true as well

Attached: 1503790583921.jpg (309x489, 53K)

Ive only played SMT IV and 1 so far, and in my experience its all rng with rare exceptions.

Either the game is progressing extremely well and they're waiting till its almost done or its on dev hell.

Attached: IS THAT A.jpg (1600x855, 258K)

>WE ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE PERSONA 6 ...

Attached: msb9Ntnc.gif (150x113, 429K)

Nah, it was just given a rushed trailer full of reused assets so that Nintendo could inflate their upcoming game library. IIRC full-scale development only started last year.

Trust this man. He is your friend.

Attached: Mastema.jpg (228x352, 18K)

the dark souls of the persona series

every SMT in existence gets easier till the end when it spikes up to "it doesn't matter how much you fuckin leveled kid" mode.

though NONE of the games have a battle like SMT4 Apocalypses fight with STEPHEN.

hardest battle in fucking JRPG history.

>still having Alice for the Masakado DLC fight

what?

WHAT?

youtube.com/watch?v=r3wS7QEwUbs
>Not going for the best ending.

Doesn't matter who you have as long as they know pierce

at least she has her unique 80% death spell to warrant keeping her, loki and wu kong definitely aren't endgame demons either

doesn't matter because you can dlc farm any demon to infinite stats anyway

what am I missing out on if I don't get the DLC? I saw footage of part of it and it looked pretty plot relevant.

Attached: 1544637442282.jpg (330x330, 24K)

Attached: Pascal the Dog.jpg (1110x627, 233K)

having a such a pragmatic troll angel is somehow refreshing considering all but fucking Gabriel are nutters.

though I'm over them in general now that we play a character who has fully and completely usurped YHVH making all his underlings fucking pointless.

>The White created itthe Yamato Perpetual Reactor
That was kind of dumb, honestly, not dumb, but it doesnt make any sense.

He's actually pretty much a total ally in IV.

>I did not brainwash her. It's not true. It's bullshit! I did not brainwash her. I did NAT.
>Oh hai ningen.

Attached: mastema has the football forma.jpg (288x465, 131K)

not like it really matters, the alternative would just be "it's there because" which would be reason enough.

the white don't matter to the story at all before or after their monochrome forest bit, they're just a neat little side thing

no they didn't, they just want you to use it to end the world.

its a fucking retarded idea, as it won't end the string-theory-esque multiverse or stop YHVH at all, as he's reset the world multiple times by now (Each SMT is a succession of resets)

Attached: 1499316633677.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

no matter, they nudged your life to the point of the start of the game to try and get you to become their liberator/world annihilator.

They just expand on some parts of the game, they are all basically "hey you came back to this place despite leaving forever(time travel is involved because its a dlc, dont think too hard about it), anyways theres this awful monster attacking us, please defend us" and thats it, the three hardest fights of the whole game, much more powerful than the final bosses.
Oh, and the other dlc which just tells the story on how several charachters that you will save were imprisoned to begin with. You could say its plot important, but the story doesnt change at all if you skip them.
The rest is just cosmetics and ways to get infinite money, exp and app points.

Attached: Strange Journey cast.png (755x410, 431K)

F...fantastic four?!

well the Time Traveling is important to the larger plot, especially the sequel, where Flynn ran into Past Akira.

Quick gentlemen, post your SMT theme song.
>youtube.com/watch?v=2vgTdyMPdsA

Attached: Nocturne.jpg (643x1024, 158K)

Damn look at those kicks. Where can I get Demi-fiend's sneakers?

>games where you can catch and talk to demons
>BUT NO SUCC

Attached: 1528488156110.gif (225x169, 1.58M)

incorrect

youtube.com/watch?v=95tJNXhhnTY

youtu.be/KHhpFGmmUMU
The sheer amount of atmosphere this song showcases is insane

Attached: B59DF33B-98C7-4F17-A322-6EC810F9EE55.jpg (667x1000, 164K)

But there are many succs in the game and they are easy to kill and convince to join you.
youtube.com/watch?v=sQPDe1mU31s

Attached: Succubus2.jpg (250x243, 12K)

Im debating over the original or this one
youtube.com/watch?v=Bc5rboSunV0

>Playing Nocturne for the first time
>Running through decrepit Vortex World Tokyo on my lonesome
>Reach Ginza
>Hear this jazzy ass tune play
Pretty memorable moment, good tune. It's so offputting compared to how dark the atmosphere is though.

Nocturne was such a good game. Too bad there's quite a handful of contrarians who dislike it for simple things like "Reasons" replacing alignments.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vrx1sZYgp7E&index=78&list=PLuu7gfeeGV4TKifRVuYQCVEIU1lGJoIhG&t=0s

>a game finally lets me play as a young Travis Bickle.

all I ever wanted.

this should have been in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=UCVaU-R2Qes&list=PLE3A2E610E77911BE

Good thing the contrarians will have to deal with it again since the director, Yamai said they were looking for an opportunity to remake/port Nocturne in the future. I assume after SMT:V.

I love this one. It really does make you feel like humanity is desperate and you've been sent on a doomed mission to save them.
youtube.com/watch?v=mQYTULzisHs&t=112s

Apocalypse is better. *gamplaywise/element Play that.
>tfw have an Angel with light pierce with 300 mag

Affinities were an amazing addition to the series. They allow you to branch out with demon movesets instead of everything having the same shit or limited moves. That on top of the Compendium being so incredible made IV:A veeery fun.

Great choice in tunes

Attached: 67A6F33A-721D-4BBC-A487-592F5439CA06.jpg (680x383, 29K)

Get bufu skills on all you demons and defense buffs

Attached: 78D6F865-B124-4991-906A-BA5F2219F290.jpg (646x580, 163K)

>what did I get into
A pretty interesting and challenging main game that gets ruined by literal trial and error boss fights.

Also having to endure a cutscene every time you die from failing a dialogue option on a boss

>Nobody has posted this yet
youtube.com/watch?v=EcZHm4VllDs
In general IV seems to have the best soundtrack thus far. Most picks come from that game.

>A pretty interesting and challenging main game that gets ruined by literal trial and error boss fights.
The dialogue options during boss fights are actually pretty fun for the sole reason that a single option could turn the tide of battle entirely. Pick dumb shit, the enemy buffs, you get smoked, game over.

focus on magic, luck and agility.

You can further boost em as well and shit. But everything costs $$$ to fuse and unless you pay for the dlc you are gonna have to extort the shit outta Metatron. I hope Affinities return in 5. (in 4 years) I have more than 300 hours on it and I spend it mostly fusing demons and making a demon waifu team with no weaknesses and pierce. Thank GOD for in battle fusion to pass along non transferable abilities lol.

If you bought the game day one you should have gotten a sample disk...

Isabeau is a sexy dork.

Attached: __isabeau_shin_megami_tensei_and_shin_megami_tensei_iv_drawn_by_hpl0820__b99078e374a9b5127b801d8ca97 (700x932, 614K)

>not just hacking your 3ds and getting the dlc for free

Difficulty way too hard for you and you'll end up using action replay to beat it

does anyone have the picture of her in a bunny girl outfit?

I did. But its a fucking chore to get it to work thanks to Atlus weird way of putting dlc on the system. Just using installing the dlc cia with fbi won't work you have to fuck around with it.

I truthfully just pirated the game and the DLC, but yeah I made major usage of the items. Fusion is so damn fun in this game.

Thats exactly what I did and it worked.

I literally just downloaded the game and after it was finished I slapped the DLC .CIA on there and everything worked perfectly. You probably got it from the wrong site.

Skip it and play Apocalypse instead to get the "true" ending.

youtu.be/Mz-3ZuqLQg8

Attached: B005D291-E23E-4C83-80E4-3706AF6A6104.gif (415x311, 2.22M)

I bought some dlc before I modded 3ds (months apart). I think that fucked everything up.

There you go chief.

I really wanted Cleopatra user. :(

Attached: 0056ca2ccc7a14d8a0a90e18aafa38de.jpg (890x600, 165K)

God this OST has no business being this fucking good.

Man, I gave somebody my save file for SMT IV/A a couple weeks ago with DLC on it. Cleopatra & Mephisto already there as well.

Having her in a savefile won't do. You need to have the dlc or she will not be recognized. I have the phys version and a digital (cart) copy on my other system and unless you have dlc (key) you are fucked. Hmmm I should test the dlc cia on the other 3ds to see what happens.

Legitimately one of the best soundtracks I’ve ever heard. The amount of great tunes this game had was insane.

Attached: EACF9558-1F4A-478D-A5EB-98869BF42C18.jpg (1686x2251, 2.29M)

I hope they fix demon negotiation in V. Getting a Life Stone back was retarded.

youtu.be/ubj7lzLOWSI

Attached: 04F8D9C1-F71F-4068-A900-ED4B605AE68E.jpg (639x635, 60K)

Persona 5 made me appreciate the randomness of negotiations, you literally had to actively try and fail them in that game, it's was no risk high reward everytime.

Attached: B01109E1-040A-44F2-8DDB-FBD910E19B1B.jpg (1252x1773, 635K)

Attached: 8400B2C9-AB56-44C3-BDD5-E2F1C6A63197.jpg (1043x1274, 525K)

Attached: D924C1EC-BE5D-45AE-9828-40AAC5E642E8.jpg (1240x1754, 1.14M)

>tfw slight chance you'll get to go up against the 5/6 messiahs in smt5
hope they don't fuck up the soundtrack

Fun. And a sequel is even better. Also,
SIDE
WITH
WALTER

youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik

>casts Agi

no way fag
neutral>chaos>law
objectively

This was my first SMT game and it blew my mind when you first arrive in Tokyo. Now that I'm more familiar with the series I know it's obvious that's what would happen but going in blind it was a crazy twist. Although I wish there was more going back and forth between the two settings during the story.

I'll end it thus!
youtube.com/watch?v=TnfK0UZf0Ec

>calls other people faggots
>prefers neutral

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Why is SMT4 so great for memes?

Attached: 597FA02E-713C-443D-AD06-A902B76AE524.jpg (1200x900, 240K)

neutral is the canon choice user...

I actually agree tho. They should make the neutral ending a bit shittier so its not just the best ending. its too objectively good.

Same with me. A friend recommended me this game when it was $10 on the eshop and so I watched the first hour of the gameplay on YouTube and decided to try it out thinking it was some Etrian x pokemon type shit due to the first few floors of Naraku being called strata and how mikado (which i thought was the main town) being navigated mostly in menu. The tokyo reveal blew me out of the fucking water. One of my favorite games and it got me into this great series

Being canon doesn't mean it's the best ending.
I mean, at least you can get rid of... you know... let's not spoil it to OP.

Oh, a hunter...

Attached: 0yaJ26F.jpg (1022x488, 111K)

Let's not forget the classic.

Attached: dark souls.jpg (1280x1138, 297K)

youtu.be/BGORm3P0F1w

are those all from real reviews?

Playing SMT for the first time and my autism is wrecking me because I want to map the entire 2nd mall but it’s pretty big. Already got halfway though and I already know the further dungeons will be bigger so I’m going to die

Yes

Attached: B05477A4-A001-4C19-99DC-0DA0B9A1E809.jpg (643x575, 80K)

Of course not. I think most of these are from GameFAQs.
(someone correct me if I'm wrong)

But seriously, this is one of the reasons why I prefer Chaos. That part from 9:21
Also, a massive spoiler, so do not watch this video if you haven't beat SMT IV

youtube.com/watch?v=bZ3mWGdpr4A

This thread's just reminding me I need to get back to SJR. Got to Grus and stopped because I fucking hate Grus

>Tokyo
Me too, you'll never expect it unless you've played multiple SMT games before. Also the voice acting in this game is just phenomenal, is the jap VA as good as this? Not to mention that OST, damn.

>YASO MAGATSUHIII

Let's do a quick survey. How many of you like/love Soul Hackers?

Lost my copy but I liked what little I played of it. Currently saving up to buy another copy. Nemissa a best.

Attached: 6EF4E704-C59E-4FB9-A013-9E5B66A8CBF9.jpg (891x1000, 180K)

aesthetic's cool but the game sucks

Attached: 2A49DCDB-8417-4864-B909-A222D9DA28DD.jpg (413x923, 129K)

This a thousand times. It felt weird that things went so well.

just mod your 3ds
I liked Soul Hackers but needed mag to even use demons was so shit for the first 10 hours.

The Dark Souls of Persona

Attached: F90B6249-8504-4216-B603-BBD87DAA40E3.jpg (1350x690, 378K)

>anything but neutral
>chad

Are fog breath and war cry negated by dekunda in Nocturne? They don’t have -nda in the name so I can’t tell.

Because they could.

It's pretty cool in that way.
>Why the fuck would you make the Lightbringer and chief rep of the Chaos alignment an alien with a Walter!tumor on his arm
>cuz we can
Always appreciate the "out there" quality of SMT designs.

all buffs and debuffs are subject to dekaja/kunda, yes. Fog Breath War Cry and Taunt are the same as regular ones but by two stages instead of one

Hoy

Attached: 1495471946830 (1).jpg (240x426, 42K)

>A shit dub
No way, fag.

>that moment when you realise Walter's VA isn't Troy Baker, but you don't recognise Claire aka Lightning

SUCH IS THE SKILL OF A HOY

Attached: 1489260772-jonalter.jpg (500x500, 30K)

Persona 5 made robbing demons incredible easy. Especially after you unlocked Warning Shot.

>No doomguy
bad image

Attached: E68D1D31-11A3-4A0F-8168-AC10E74FF67C.jpg (341x1024, 90K)

it's almost the same as Persona 3, although not random generated they are copy pasted corridors still and have the same feeling.
People that glorify this game while shitting on Persona in terms of dungeon design are delusional.

Attached: 1546799935490.gif (250x195, 1.96M)

Based vending machine sama

Yeah he's Matt Mercer, and now every game with him in it is ruined because every character he does is just Walter to me

I spent all of MHW constantly talking to his character listening for hoys and left empty handed

Attached: 1433710279395.png (636x671, 28K)

Let's just hope they put him in Neptunia, kek. Shit series, but I'm pretty sure they would overuse that famous quote.

Do people genuinely still go for the Chaos endings in these games? After the mistake that was IV, they've become all but edgy mistakes.
>"Dude we burned Tokyo and Mikado to the ground for freedom, we saved the day lmao
Who actually agrees with the philosophy of Chaos? It's like Atlus doesn't even care about accurately portraying the alignments anymore. After SJ they've been boring.

Attached: Meanwhile in Chaosland.jpg (800x450, 56K)

>is called Chaos
>someone is surprised because things are getting destroyed in the process
Is this bait, user? I honestly can't tell.

>Flynn’s shit eating grin
Smirking is the funniest shit to imagine in a battle. You just get super powerful through sheer force of smugness alone. It’s brilliant.

>Masakado appears
>A HUGE FUCKING PIECE OF CEMENT WITH FIRE ON ITS CORE, CARRYING A HUGE SWORD TALLER THAN GOD KNOWS WHO

>youtube.com/watch?v=6om-6N_yclo plays

Attached: 1526271994933.png (500x506, 113K)

Only edgelord anarchists would think it's remotely good. For some people though the context is different, when you're the super powerful protagonist chaos might not seem so terrible. Some people think in the context of the game while others think in the context of real life.

Attached: 1531065946788.jpg (1440x1080, 620K)

Attached: B2EB65AB-AA0B-4FBE-9D3F-09EA2854A38C.jpg (512x512, 50K)

I’d rather have everything be on fire than be a mindless drone. Then again, I’d rather have neither, but I don’t want to get bullied on Yea Forums for picking neutral.

Nigga the Law ending was just as destructive though

Yes but the destruction had meaning in the past. In this game it boils down to "fuck Mikado let's nuke the place". That's dumb.

Holy shit that song bangs, I might grab this after I'm done with Strange Journey redux (which has been fantastic, but the music is just okay)

>People want to get rid of smirking in future titles
Can't say I follow em really.

Even when you're an extremely powerful MC, you should still be appalled by all the mass destruction taking place around you. That's the equivalent of your house burning down, but it's cool because you live in a mansion and have thousands of strippers laying around.

I don't agree, user.
''This person is bad because she reads manga.'' - and people who live in Mikado are those who follow rules set by the ''guy'' who made this claim. Of course Mikado is a threat. I see them as terrorists from Middle East(ern Kingdom of Mikado).

In that situation, as long as there was nothing too important in that house and nobody got hurt, I would be fine in my mansion.

You have played the other games, right Yea Forums?

Attached: 480da43e92a47a76e4a12c16302388017cd98eda.jpg (400x920, 401K)

Setting's cool, Nemissa is sexy, not the hugest fan of the gameplay, though

Not much, unfortunately.
SMT 3, SMT 4, SMT 4 Apo, Soul Hackers, Persona 3, Persona 4, Persona 5, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2.
I played a few more, but those are the one I finished.

>SMT 1
Garbage and the MC is a retard.
>SMT 2
Pretty damn swell, I'm going to need a remake chief.
>SMT 3
Very nice.
>SMT 4
It was fun but the art styles put me off and the game was blatantly a soft reboot of 2 if you analyzed the similarities and themes well enough. The Samurai & Mikado as a whole are basically the Templer Knights and Holytown. I'd rate them
>2 > 3 > 4 > 1

Attached: 1551132345062.gif (500x283, 1.11M)

>Garbage and the MC is a retard

Attached: 1530061323267.gif (540x410, 1.94M)

I'd classify that as "much."

Does Strange Journey count as mainline or a spin-off?

Attached: 1547702900276.webm (1000x562, 972K)

Mainline, pic related is what Atlus sees as mainline. Ignore autists that try to deny it.

Attached: SMT-Deep-Strange-Journey-LE-03.jpg (1686x946, 153K)

Seems to me what gets deemed "mainline' is more qualitative than intent, if the game is particularly good they canonize it, if it's just okay it's a spin off.

Play with that pussy like peekaboo

IIRC, Atlus said it's not mainline because it's not set in Tokyo. Kinda dumb explanation if you ask me. So yeah, it is... but it isn't.
Well, compared to, say, Final Fantasy, that list is still small.
And I forgot to add Persona Q to the list. Silly me.

BTW, how's NINE?

If we're just talking about mainline shit,
I started a playthrough of 1 but never got far because I couldn't stand the encounter rate.
Never started 2 cause I never finished 1.
Got to pale rider in Nocturne before I lost my save. That was like 6 years ago. I kind of want to just wait for a rerelease with better demon fusion or something before going back in. Also I think my PS2 is dying, so uh, might not be able to play it now anyways.
Lost my SJ save right before Mem Aleph somehow and running through Redux right now
Finished IVA, though, and I really enjoyed it.

For the other games,
Finished DDS1&2
Got near the end of Raidou 2 but dropped it for no reason. Never played Raidou 1 for some reason
Finished DeSu
DeSu2's on hold for now
Got far in Soul Hackers, but never finished it for some reason.
Finished P3, P4, and P5

I may have a problem

Attached: 1525576239643.png (500x500, 103K)

Oi Heat, fuck you.

did anyone even play nine? Did it even com out in the West? Wasn’t it like a weird online game?

No, mainline has a particular style, tone, and themes to it. SMT Nine was a failure in every way but it's still mainline as it follows specific traditions and ties into SMTI/II.

??
Wasn't Imagine online SMT?

>kill some gooks most of which were gonna die anyway
>die a martyr and go to heaven
>be immortalized by your nation as the hero who brought about eternal peace
Nothing wrong with law ending

Attached: 1466487554869.jpg (400x536, 70K)

Nine was never meant to exist in the first place. Nine was suppose to be Imagine but as the project grew too expensive they turned it from a online mmo into a single player game for consoles. In the game the main setting is a mmo with the npcs being other players, this is directly because of how it started as Imagine. The game was a commercial failure being an xbox exclusive released only in Japan where no one had one as well as fans finding it disappointing.

I assume there’s no translation?

Kinda offtopic, but since we're talking about Atlus...
Can someone tell me what exactly is the problem with a game Operation Darkness? It was released as X360 exclusive and it came out in Japan and USA, while we Europoors never got the game, and since X360 is not region free (but for soem reason certain X360 games are region free, and Operation Darkness is not one of them) I could never play that game. Almost every review is negative, and judging by Youtube videos the game doesn't look bad.

So... what?

All I know is the unclean ones territory is fucking miserable hard and I should probably actually work to fuse some good demons with desired moves instead of playing pokiman and collecting them all.

No. Xbox emulation is near impossible at the moment and even then it has a lot of text with it having nine routes. Someone has translated the Light-Neutral and Light-Chaos routes though if you're interested in those, I believe he posted it on twitter.

Mommy Lilith

Attached: 988bb57bce7e310ade5bb624db421402 (1).jpg (500x698, 63K)

Get tbat abomination out of here.

Attached: Lilith.jpg (1280x2420, 377K)

>Do whatever you want

>Do this

What did he mean by this?

Nice. Is that the Legend of Korra game they were talking about?

are you talking about SMT4A?

Because SMT4 was not cringe at all.

He can't be, SMT4A was pure cringe.

Nozomi quest line and Beelzebub quest line, that's all I'm aware of.

This game doesn't really have dungeons. It's just hallways. It's still fun though.

I'd fuck both versions and make you both watch.

Every single one. There is also a glitch if you don't do the one about collecting trash or w/e it was first you won't be able to do it later locking you outta the neutral end. FUCK YOU ATLUS!

Any Lilith or Isabeau doujins?

Attached: AA3BC9A6-F171-4872-9C71-349975A56C9F.jpg (600x600, 120K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

Gaston is based, and I loved YHVH fight, it was really tense. Usually the final boss is a pushover in SMT, Mem Aleph was the only other tough one from the games I've played.

Attached: 1546751585892.png (700x1510, 579K)

thats why you kill your friends and make it less cringe.

Good game bogged down by dismal pacing and annoying overworld design

You’re not the only one. I got neutral on my first play through too while going for law. I got a little cocky towards the end and picked too many bad choices, ended up with neutral (second best ending after chaos)

Loved it, maid side quest glitched for me though.

People can say what they want about the game, but that OST is banging

>Lucifer’s theme
This instantly made me regret going for law. m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFuWf_copM8 Glad it returned in Apocalypse.
Final phase of YHVH is fucking insane on Apocalypse difficulty, needed to stack pleromas on Odin and Shiva to finish it.

I just wish the 3DS soundchip was better. Oh well

Use a good pair of headphones user. It sounds much better that way.

Was my first megaten game ever and went in completely blind. Like absolutely blind, only knowing that it's a monster RPG with mythological creatures. I even laid it off for a few months shortly after start before picking it up again forgetting about the entry sequence where post-apocalyptic Tokyo was shown.
So the plot twist when the characters leave Mikado and Naraku behind came to an absolute shock and awe. One of the most influential and hyping moments in gaming for me if not THE most. Got absolutely blown off by the story and narrative, sadly the difficulty falls really short after Medusa but still loved the game a damn lot.

Attached: 1503497489286.jpg (300x245, 23K)

give me a
L I F E S T O N E

I want a handjob from Isabeau's gauntlet hand!!

Attached: 1543011522671.gif (436x302, 379K)

Dying free is better than living a lie.

a worse game than pic related

You need to finish IV to fully enjoy IVF/A but it's worth it

Attached: smt4a.jpg (660x330, 55K)

>bullied on Yea Forums for picking neutral
Nigga, picking true neutral in real life is fucking hard man, and not the 'on the fence' kind of 'neutral'. That's Nocturne demon end type of bullshit.

I consistently see people talk about how neutral is usually the best on this website. The only exception is Nocturne's best ending being TDE because you get more content out of it, original non-Maniax Nocturne I'm sure people would say neutral is the best

>Strange Journey

original or 3DS port?

Port has more shit and a harder final boss so try that.

>no reverse hills song posted ITT
plebs all of you

well why don't YOU post it fag

why share with tasteless shit for brain plebs?

Attached: 1538195301985.png (326x245, 126K)

because how else will I know you're not a secret pleb posturing about having taste

Attached: hoy.png (520x600, 290K)

Attached: E69BF00A-5D3D-40C4-969C-FEE52266C672.jpg (1024x735, 136K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Go0JWfE9nEw

o hoy my rubber fallacy

Attached: 1540178197174.png (569x544, 35K)

Attached: 0E275A6B-40B8-4BB3-B43C-AF8ED0B6679F.png (747x777, 398K)

What the hoy
>youtube.com/watch?v=eZlVVFWhjiE

Attached: 1542262150813s.jpg (140x250, 4K)

Decent RPG albeit with some retarded mechanics.
Meh story
Uneven difficulty curve
Kino art style and music (apart from some lazy enemy sprites)

Hoygang assemble

Attached: 1534976053221.png (299x392, 104K)

kweh?

Attached: hopeyoulikemeteors.png (351x484, 132K)

Attached: 17491567-2C4D-4B23-B65D-7FDF2CDBD6C1.png (800x600, 511K)

Attached: 1436304293486.jpg (646x483, 107K)

Lucy's design in 4 always gave me the impression that he was severely weakened and had to hide in the shadows for a good amount of time. He was able to get a great deal of strength back from letting Walter be his left hand man. That's also another reason for his slightly different appearance in Apocalypse.

is there actually an in game reason for the visual difference between lucifer in 4 and 4A? I thought they were just fixing some stuff people whined about like him or medusa

Attached: 3603DAD0-DE55-4FA0-A1AE-020E33D8F5DA.png (600x715, 325K)

Attached: DC7683ED-BD7F-45AA-9BC3-C3831AE80653.png (643x1000, 337K)

youtu.be/tlAf4EE7sDQ

Attached: 1511989782125.gif (317x219, 788K)

>After SJ they've been boring.
SJ did the exact same shit as IV

Is this true?

>waaah why don't they make chaos objectively good ending and law objectively bad ending?

Attached: 1525468269075.gif (271x165, 52K)

You might have to fuck around with region hacking in order for your DLC to be recognized. I know I had to do that.

It's the only SMT game I've dropped so far.

Unironically my favourite megaten

Attached: 1544525762492.png (706x829, 95K)

What's the first branch point in obtaining neutral? I want to try it on my own and see if I can obtain it with my choices, but don't want to go through the tutorial again if I fuck up

Attached: 287.jpg (512x512, 151K)

>Attack demon with weapon in the dungeon
>Cut to battle screen
>"Enemy strikes first!"
>Demon uses Oni-Kagura
>"Critical hit!"
>One of your demons dies
>"Enemy is smirking"
>Demon uses Hades Blast
>Wipes the rest of party
>"It will cost 36,782 macca" -Charon

By the way if you've been following along, you didn't get a turn the whole time there

There is none before the alignment lock after the alt dimensions, only a law/chaos split and you have to choose one of them
It's pretty hard to do without a guide

Good boss fights for ur overpowered team at the end of the game. Seriously, the final fights in IV are pretty embarassing.

In IV Dex is just STR but better. So yeah, don't waste points in STR

MY DEMONS ARE A BIT DIFFERENT

>there are people this shit at SMT

Attached: 1461681535904.gif (500x286, 889K)

Or emulating it and instead. Easiest solution.

Do all the sidequests before the alternate dimension stuff. Then just alternate between Law and Chaos options. There is a guy you can talk to at the Hunter Association that tells you your alignment, so just follow what he says and adjust where necessary.

user if you hit them it's guaranteed to be your turn first, unless it's a quest enemy

Yeah, they dont have high level spells

The Persona style hit mechanic is fucking stupid, i hope they remove it on V.

What does he even do in IV? I don't remember he's doing anything big.

Attached: 5F28CC45-BDE0-4BBD-A9CA-D27BFCD62658.png (720x960, 1004K)

He just guards the underground section of midtown
When you meet him he acts like a boss fight but then lol jk I'll let you pass

Attached: 99B06BA5-5EE1-4D6A-8E5E-CD0F87D23A9B.png (540x750, 335K)

Where should I start with the series? I'm interested in getting into it now that I've finished Etrian Odyssey X.

Literally not true, there are times (in higher difficulty modes especially) where I would strike the enemy, they would do their "ow I got hit fuck" pose, then the game would shift and they would attack first

Oh oh oh, I have the perfect image for this, Id recommend either IV, Nocturne or Strange Journey.

Attached: 1538328913684.png (1600x5717, 3.84M)

SMT IV is decent enough for newcomers. SMT IV A is a sequel that is better in every way. Soul Hackers is a better alternative if you want a more classic dungeon crawling experience.

Nice, thanks.

Shin Megami Tensei IV is better place to start than Nocturne or Strange Journey, mostly because it's much shorter and packed with action instead of snooze-inducing teleporting floors.

But since you're a fan of Etrian Odyssey, you might start anywhere.

>Persona style hit mechanic
Wut

Poking enemy blobs before they can poke you first.

He means the part of walking up to the enemy and hitting them before they hit you in order to start the fight with a free turn.

You either die young or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Attached: A023D591-7D91-4DBD-BA89-2B3C1F0C8081.jpg (500x700, 179K)

Attached: D4810087-8B74-4DB2-9122-BEF8495E2D51.jpg (541x817, 156K)

Attached: 8BF77D21-93A0-4840-AD2D-DDF300670FE9.jpg (686x628, 377K)

It’s a really great game op! There will be some very hard parts in it, but don’t give up because once you get through them, you will experience some really great satisfaction!

Attached: 848CC6B0-2F7F-4789-A4BA-537E3C8F1B13.png (600x720, 288K)

Who /devilsurvivor3/ here?

My nig

Attached: E9B96629-F367-483A-9A5C-A0D18D29148E.jpg (800x454, 286K)

Attached: DCB365BB-858E-4812-8107-232026CB279C.jpg (640x639, 136K)

Games take a long time to make you dummy, Atlus said when the trailer came out that the game was still early in development.

Attached: 1468294167472.png (429x561, 362K)

>"It will cost 36,782 macca" -Charon
yea reload nigger

>not having tons of playcoins built up

No, it was "We do it".

They already promised on the New Year that we should expect things coming this year. The game is releasing next year.

Attached: 1530428860602.png (715x516, 102K)

the Press Turn system necessitates hitting enemy weaknesses, and more enemies are weak to gun or magic than they are physical attacks

Why does Yea Forums always ask to be spoiled when they start playing something?

The Main villain is one of your friends depending which side you didn't pick and the god was in you all along.

Is there an equivalent of Matador in this game?

>The Main villain is one of your friends depending which side you didn't pick
This is true for all SMTs, and its glaringly obvious from the cover of the game
>the god was in you all along.
What? no, the main charachter is only a reincarnation of another hero but he has nothing godly or divine inside of him
Minotaur apparently, with so many hoy and agi memes surrounding it.

Attached: Minotaur.gif (328x580, 328K)

Is apocalypse really better than 4 or it is just memeing?

Better gameplay, worse story.

The battle system is leagues better.
Atmosphere isn't as great.
Dagda is the best "friend"
Many hate The Power of the Bond being applied to games outside Persona and unlike Devil Survivor 2 you have no silly dialogue choice options.

When should I fuse demons? I fused everything in the other SMT I played (Nocturne) and I feel like I really fucked up.

Mainline games are boring. Play the spin-offs which are actually good (I've played SMT 1-4 but not apocalypse).

Fusing as much as possible isn't wrong. Demons won't require too much exp to level up from the level that they're fused at, but it increases very quickly for each level afterwards so you'll end up with underleveled demons if you don't fuse them often.
Nocturne wasn't as bad with this and you could make up for most level differences with stats boosts from mitamas.

After getting the whispers(getting a demon all of their skills), it should be used sparingly since money is short during the whole game and you REALLY want to save that for the future(save 150000 Macca if you can), I always go
>Summon/Convince demon
>Max it
>Fuse them immediatly
Unless you really want a specific skill on a specific demon, most demons work well in your team

I feel like Strange Journey was consistently hard. It was also generally WAY harder than III and IV. I didn't play 1 and 2.

I didnt play 3 or 2 but 1 is incredibly easy, Charm works on most bosses and enemies

Much better gameplay and content and demon selection to a degree. But the atmosphere is much worse. People like to spew MUH WAIFUS ITS PERSONA REEE but there are like 4-5 scenes max for waifu faggots. The main issue is too much put on friendship. Dagdas quest line should start sooner agreeing with him does virtually nothing throughout the game and its really just one choice you can make regardless of being a bad or good boy throughout 90% of the way through.

What are some spoiler free advice for someone about to start IV for the first time?

honestly one of the best boss fights I've experienced. A bit of a pain in the ass (I actually ended up grinding in that dlc area for a bit) but he's just as hard as a being like him should be.

Also what's his name again?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

For me, it's Lilith.

Attached: Lilith.png (2079x912, 2.11M)

Do NOT put anything into STR, if you want to have stronger phys skills, invest in DEX
App points go to mp recovery first and foremost
If you dont care about endings much, go Law, then Chaos, then Neutral
Save Macca, theres this place called Ginza, you may want to have 150000 Macca by the time you get there, there are many ways to get Macca so Ill let you decide on how to go around that, dont give(much) Macca to demons, give Life Stones
Kill all Nekomatas on sight, they have Macca Beam, which if hit means you lose 1/4 of all of your money, theres another demon that has Wastrel Beam, which erases ONE HALF of all of your money, you really want to check which demon/s does that
Try to learn the name of the areas you visit, several quests just say "go to X " which may be one square in the overworld map or a tiny section you visited while exploring.

>you may want to have 150000 Macca by the time you get there
Not a big deal if you're going neutral mind you. And just look up a map online.