What's your favorite roguelike? Mine is Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (DCSS)

What's your favorite roguelike? Mine is Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (DCSS)

Attached: dcss.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

looks fucking gay

same

How does it feel being a pariah in your community? DCSS is pretty much universally reviled by true fans of roguelikes because it's so casual.

The game is actually great but your reading comprehensions need some serious work. I asked what YOUR favorite fucking roguelike was you colossal dingle berry sucking faggots.

>The game is actually great
It's "reddit: the roguelike".

Cool, how about some other suggestions

ADOM
Grey Elves a best

Real niggas play MUDs like HellMOO.

Was enjoying playing CDDA but my external numpad has stopped working.

IVAN and ToME for entirely different reasons.

Cogmind

Upvoted

>ToME
How do I get good at anything that isn't a Berserker? I don't think micro-heavy classes are for me.

>true fans of roguelikes
Nobody likes these grognard faggots, they don't even like each other. Neck yourself.

>it's so casual
its less casual than angband, ADOM, IVAN, nethack, and ToME. i really doubt the people that dislike it do so because it is "casual" and i doubt a single one of them has done a 15 rune run.

Like any other game like this, you just learn what is and isn't good and then apply that to everything else. Have a way to get rid of debuffs (specifically stuns), abuse faster movement, and manage your resources. I recommend weaning yourself off of Zerker with something that isn't a pure caster.

hows caves of qud?

i heard you can get gay married in it now so good probably

Why would you do a completionist playthrough of a game you didn't like?

I like One Way Heroics

Attached: 32394342_p0.jpg (700x1000, 199K)

Fair enough, thanks user. I've beaten the game a few times with Berserker so I wouldn't say I'm a poor player; it's just whenever I move to a hybrid or caster I have trouble deciding how to build them and invariably end up miscalculating and dying stupidly.
Maybe I'll play an archer, or something...

Is Embers of Rage worth playing?

Why are there fucking none on the switch? Even the vita had a couple. Necrodancer is the closest there is

dungeons of dredmor
but i dont play many roguelikes and i dont know of any games more recent/better

A completion playthrough is beating the game with every race, class, and god. a 15 rune run is just hard mode. The strength of DCSS is that its the easiest "real" roguelike to get into, but also one of the hardest to master outside of arguably autism survival roguelikes. DCSS, CDDA, and Unreal World are all I play now, but DCSS most of all. The sheer variety of ways you can approach the game is pretty amazing and its probably the only game ever that lets you become a literal holy messiah, which is just the tip of the iceberg for weird shit you can do.

Hell is casual shit now, faggot.

I love it, great scifi-pulp setting. I like the bartering system: water is the main currency, but carrying a lot of it can quickly become a burden so you barter for low weight high-value items, from books (which can contain seed world specific info about location of various items) to bracelets and trinkets.
The mutation system (if you are not playing truekin) is quite open ended and can get pretty crazy, like with high level esper builds, were you can teleport everywhere and blow up enemies from across the map (to compensate you get hunted down by other espers). Physical mutation get silly too with characters moving sanic fast due to the extra pairs of legs (you can have multiple extra pairs) to photosyntetic skin, and poison gas glands.
UI is quite good and the official tileset is very usable even considering my colorblindness.

Is it? What's the "cool" MUD all the "cool kids" play? HellMOO was top tier way back when.

When's the last time you played it? The MOO got wiped awhile back because of stagnation. You can even make your corp a carebear thing so you can't be attacked in yellow zones. There's no reason not to do this really. It's pretty much dead now and so is Inferno. As far as MUDs go, there isn't anything too interesting on the PvP front. Ironrealms shit is the definition of pay2win whaletown. Discworld may or may not be one of the best PvE focused MUDs out there that are pure and populated.

>DCSS
>You fall through a trapdoor.
>You see Natasha.
>You see Sigmund.

Or, better yet
>You see a jackal.
>You see a jackal.
>You see a jackal.