Deus Ex

So was Adam Jensen a clone or not?

Attached: 1472643921144.jpg (540x304, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deusex.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Aeratus/Is_Adam_Jensen_a_Clone_in_Mankind_Divided?_A_Review_of_the_Evidence
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2489
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=25434
youtu.be/Cw6tCJVBQhk?t=221
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. Its how they perfected the technology for JC and his brother.

The one in Mankind Divided, yeah. The one in Human Revolution was pure Jensen.

Most people don't even know about the clone theory.

Most people don't pay attention to what they're playing, or read any of the stuff in them, or even listen to the conversations you have with your former boss. What are you gonna do.

Why else would there be a fucking box with a Jensen body which had its augs ripped out in the Versa-life facility if he wasn't?

if he's an illum deployed clone, why would he still be working against them?

>Eliza flat out tells you that you are like her
>Sarif tells you that your story is bullshit because ADAM JENSEN had a serial number of his augmentations but you do not
>You can literally find Jensens body in the game
Nah he is real deal.

I remember finding that and thinking Jensen would freak the fuck out about it. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to react to it at all.

They are testing his capabilities. There is a theory rolling around that he eventually becomes Walton Simons because of their similar mannerisms and how they sound extremely similar. Added to that fact that the only people who were nano-augmented were Bob Page and Clones of Jensen.

>You can literally find Jensens body in the game
Any screens of this? This is making me want to replay MD. Maybe I'll go through all of them again since it's almost time for my yearly replaying of the first game.

Honestly, it baffles me that there are people who denied that theory with just "lol, no it's not, read black light" While black light actually supports the theory even further. There's more evidence supporting it, than against it deusex.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Aeratus/Is_Adam_Jensen_a_Clone_in_Mankind_Divided?_A_Review_of_the_Evidence

Check it has all the details you need.

Attached: 8dN0j7R.jpg (900x900, 51K)

Mankind divided>human revolution

its in the versalife bank vault

probably
it will be another 6 years before we know probably

Yea he’s a clone made by the Illuminati to find out who Janus is.

And we find out he’s Simons.

also Incase anyone doesn’t know Volkard rand is Janus

Attached: E083C0B3-1662-4D9F-9771-9F963D443E17.png (1071x1080, 572K)

Sarif is also very likely a clone. He was on Panchea when it all went down, after all. If someone has it, post the screenshot of Sarif's statistics in HR compared against his stats in MD - height, hair color, eye color, etc. all change between games

he has to make contact with janus for them

Who fucking cares about this shitty invisible war wannabe?

I was hoping it was gonna be page already planning to overthrow the illuminati but I don't know how many levels of conspiracy that would be on

Volkard rand was replaced by bob page on the council of 5 which means that the next game would have cloned Jensen exposing him and why Rand isn’t seen in any other game in the series

>put careful narrative work into a game spreading it throughout the entire world on terminals etc requiring massive amounts of scouring of every area to get all the hidden narratives and storylines
>normies blitz through the game in 5 hours then complain

Attached: 1523513932005.jpg (437x431, 28K)

It’s a Brilliant twist.

Final Fantasy VIII syndrome

Is nu-deus ex worth playing? I played mankind divided and liked it but I heard human revolution was average

If he's a clone he should have the same stats as before. At the very least he should have the same blood type which he doesn't. (I think he goes from O+ to B-?)

It's more likely he's an imposter which also justifies changing his VA.

human revolution was the same thing. you didn't actually play the game if you didnt read every email.

HR is great but it doesnt have the same polish as MD

Worst part is the best content in mankind divided is the side quests which people skip over.

Not a clone but definitely a sleeper agent

His blood type is the same and they were working on the Denton brothers with Clone AJ being a test.

What? Yes it does, if anything it’s even more polished.it’s just shorter.

It would be accurate to say at the very least the original Jensen is dead as fuck.

The vast majority of people rate HR above MD. I think that's for superficial reasons personally but whatever. You'll probably enjoy it.

He’s literally both but he doesn’t know it.

From the Deus Ex website

Attached: Sarif.png (1270x497, 812K)

>his age is right but everything else is wrong

this is baffling

>he eventually becomes Walton Simons
>get close to Janus
that's an interesting theory considering it's trying to bring the plot full circle to the original DX

My only trouble with that one is that even a Jensen clone is still technically a wilcard, since he has Jensen motivations of going against them. While Simmons fits a transitioned Jensen, how did he become Page's unquestioning right hand man?

Well the problem is the narrative payoff to the Jenson Clone thing was going to happen in the second half...which SE thought they could turn into an entire sequel for more money.

Even the main plot felt like it would culminate in that second half.

There's no way they would've fucked it up this bad if they got his age right.

1. When Jensen wakes up in the Alaska clinic, the first thing he is asked (and the first words of the book) is "How much do you remember?". The first memories that come to him was Panchea collapsing (he describes it as flashes of action disconnected from one another), this includes the sounds of his own heartbeat slowing. He also thinks that he "should be dead". The first parts of the book is Jensen in the clinic, allowing his memories to come back.

This is explained by one of his attendants in the clinic while he had been clinically dead, the frigid cold waters combined with his Sential Implant kept him from being beyond reviving.

Dr. McFadden, a cover name for Dr. Orlov, was monitoring Jensen at the clinic and says that Jensen was extremely lucky, as someone doesnt cheat death twice.

2. Elizabeth DuClare using her command over WHO (World Health Organization) to investigate White Helix Labs, a defunct subsidary of VersaLife, and whose experiments on Jensen when he was a baby made him immune to augmentation rejection syndome. DuClare looks up a project "Black Light", when she later revisits the files, the books says she sees "The face of a dead man on her screen".

Flipside of that, she tells DeBeers that maybe they should have "left him in the sea" when DeBeers brings up that Jensen had resurfaced after escaping the Alaska clinic (of which it was DuClare's operatives duty to watch him).

3. When Jensen first contacts Pritchard, Pritchard is suspecious he maybe a fake, and when they meet up, he runs a hair he pulls from Jensen's jacket through a handheld DNA scanner. It comes up as a match for Jensen.

HR is shorter than MD? I used to hear people complaining how MD was too short.

4. Jensen moves to stop the Motor City Banger gang from selling prototype, military augmentations. stoeln from the recently abandoned Sarif Manufacturing Plant. When he confronts the former Sarif Security guard that gave the MCBs access, the traitor claims that he skimmed some augs from the best picks before he gave the MCBs the place. This is immediately before he hits Jensen with the PEPs cannon hidden in the arm. This is one of the hidden augs that Jensen finds he has in Mankind Divided.

5. Jensen breaks into the abandoned Sarif Industries lab to use a system scanner to check his augmentation, all it detects wrong is some kind of implanted tracker, when Jensen swiftly removes.

6. While Jensen was in the abandoned offices and labs, he claims it makes a feeling he had sense he woke up stronger, a feeling of being disconnected. He felt a glimmer of unfimilarity of the building, despite knowing its layout and rooms intimately.

7. When fighting Agent Thorne for the last time. She claims that Jensen is only alive (aka being spared by the Illumanti) thanks to "the blood in his veins".

HR is 1/3 of a game at best

MD is shorter if you're only talking campaign but they're about the same length if you do all the side quests.

Never mind seeing Jensen's head confirms you're playing a clone

No I’m saying MD is shorter than HR but still is a good length if you do all of the side missions and explore. Prague is incredible and has a lot more exploration than any hub in HR. I also enjoyed that there were a lot more routes to accomplish task than HR. It reminded me more of the original than HR did.

The emails unfortunately were the only thing that made it feel in universe. The tech of it all is still very jarring to me, considering how half the charm of the original was a primitive future with SOME advance tech.

if it doesn't let you explore a sino-asian hub it's not a real deus ex game t b h

next one should have shenzhen.

also just to be clear, fuck china 1989 tiananmen square etc etc winnie the pooh

Deus ex felt more like a robocop future while HR/MD felt like the jetsons. I liked them both though

You ready for the inevitable Deus ex remake?

They activated the rest of the implanted memories.

>massive amounts of scouring of every area to get all the hidden narratives and storylines

I did that in MD and it still felt like the game was much shorter than HR, probably due to the pacing.

the problem is that the main story doesn't inspire people to dig around

I want Japan in the next Doos Ex.

Jensen Prime never asked for this

It inspired me. Probably only because I wanted to find links to the first game. I would imagine somebody who played the new games first don’t give a shit since they don’t get a lot of references

reminder that we will never get the third game that was supposed to tie this whole thing together

thanks square.
can they ditch Eidos along with their franchises like they did with IO Interactive?

The problem is IO had a separate team in place that worked on hitman before the merge. Deus ex doesn’t have that since the team that created it doesn’t exist anymore. If they ever decided to sell the ip the only people i could see picking it up is arkane since Harvey is there

Shame. The clone aspect really needed to be expanded on and bring it full circle with him going full Simons.

i've played both og Deus Ex and HR to hell. it just felt very crude. things were happening, characters that i'm supposed to give a shit about pop in and out without any actual development or bonding moments so to speak, and in the main missions the entire game felt like playing "find the right vent" instead of Deus Ex.

the side missions and optional exploration in the city were easily the best part but i couldn't be arsed to read through most emails and logs since i assumed they've be as half-assed as the main plot felt.

>Arkane doing Deus Ex

i've always loved Arkane games and especially after Prey i think they'd do a great job at Deus Ex

but wouldn't they be conflicting?

>It was reported that during development of Mankind Divided, a lead writer wanted to "kill off" Adam Jensen, but the art director objected in favor of keeping such an iconic character around
The lead writer was right.

How would you feel about a boss fight as MK clone Jensen vs Real HR Jensen and who ever wins is who you continue on as.

SE says it isn't dead and the head of Eidos Montreal says they want to do it. I think we'll see it next gen.

will I get deus ex feels if I play this?

Attached: f21df452a87f991b002347f789dcbbbcdf3f5ebf.jpg?auto=compress,format&fit=crop&h=353&w=616&a (616x353, 46K)

Kind of

imo it's just PR stuff to fend off a chimp out. if it wasn't dead and they wanted to make it's they'd have started making it and said something about it too. what's the point of waiting years before doing a direct sequel?

but this is SE i suppose. they're not good with developing shit on time

>MGS2 all over gain

That’s because Harvey smith (arkane) was the lead director for Deus ex.

the team was put on other projects like tomb raider and some marvel game

I'd rather not play Dishonored and cyberpunk Dishonored. Eidos did just fine, mostly.

no, not really but play it anyways. it's pretty great

how would that work. supposedly HR Jensen had his augs removed. he's a torsostump.

Well Crystal Dynamics is developing a Marvel game so Eidos was forced to make the new Tomb Raider game. Now Eidos is helping with that Marvel game. I don't see why Eidos wouldn't swap back to Deus Ex after the Marvel game is finished.

Maybe I'm just optimistic but I think the new Tomb Raider selling poorly will warrant SE making a lower budget title. Deus Ex fits that well.

Prey wasn't dishonored at all tho?

>supposedly HR Jensen had his augs removed. he's a torsostump.
black market augs from Janus

Is there a trope that cries "poor writing" louder than fucking clones?

>I think the new Tomb Raider selling poorly will warrant SE making a lower budget title.
it sold 4 million copies. expect more garbage nu raider and no thief and no deus ex.

maybe i'm just pessimistic but i never get my hopes up for anything until it's actually here.

hell i didn't actually believe KH3 was getting released until a week prior to release. i 100% unironically thought there would be a delay

It sold 4 million copies but had a budget of over $100 million including marketing. Consider that the game went on 50% sale a month after release.

It probably made money but I think the margins were really tight.

>character can see what is basically his own corpse
>no reaction

80% of people missed poor writing because they chose to save people instead of busting in a vault.

He is also dead as fucking shit in addition to getting his augs removed.

looking at raw numbers is wrong. it's about expected profit margins. yes 4mil are generally good sales but if they expected to sell 5 then it's bad sales.

i vaguely remember reading somewhere that "se says tomb raider sold badly" but i'm not entirely sure either.

Holy shit just make the third game aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>Bad writing
>Subtly hinted at throughout the course of the game
>Never directly brought up and has no direct effect on the plot

to be fair the machine god stuff was pretty cool

>walk over to box
>look inside
>jensen starts freaking out
>game "glitches out" and restarts seemingly at previous autosave
>box is empty from there on out

>he didn’t do both in 1 play through

Series is dead in the water after the lackluster sales of MD and the vehement reaction against Square-Enix for their bullshit, isn't it?

am i a normie for saving peeps

Meh, he never asked for this.

elaborate

Okay, I've read the whole thread.
I've played the original DE and HR, but I can barely remember the latter half of HR (probably due to real life circumstances happening when I was playing it)
Anyway, I've was holding out on Mankind Divide until all the parts came out, but then straight up forgot about it.
So did they seriously kill off Jensen? Like this isn't like some mind/soul into a new body type of thing like Mass Effect 2 kinda did?
I'm okay with protagonist dying (given the plot surrounding it is fulfilling) but to play as a fucking clone in the next game?
I mean at least with DE, the JC we know was the one we played from the start. Before the SE stomped it's foot into the ground, was this new Jensen going to be treated as a separate character all together in the long run?
I haven't played the game so it's hard to call something stupid I know so little about, but it's pretty off putting.

Attached: 1404711592988.png (207x198, 55K)

Yeah. Never plan more than one game ahead. Developers in the 90s knew this.

sent ;)

I mostly agree, except for the characters. HR had better villains and supporting cast. Everyone in MD is just pissed off and unremarkable.

Time travel.

I know you haven't played Invisible War, but nobody wants to be that.

You'll get your 3rd game
BUT
It's a female protag that looks a lot like Eliza and you save Jensen from himself.

Attached: laura-gallagher-eliza02b.jpg (1920x1412, 449K)

The parts about him being a clone are subtle and a lot of people didn't even realize it while playing. It's a small part of the game overall. He was implanted with OG Jensen's memories too so it's basically playing Jensen.

There really should have been some sort of reaction. Though it could have been a "It doesn't look like anything to me" situation.

90% of people were completely unaware he was a clone and it figures into the second half of the game which was instead spun off into a sequel.

Someone should tell her that her hair renders with artifacts.

>So did they seriously kill off Jensen? Like this isn't like some mind/soul into a new body type of thing like Mass Effect 2 kinda did?

Yes and no? The "new" Jensen acts exactly the same as the old one, has the exact same motivations, same memories, and you go most of the game (or, as evidenced in this thread, the entire game) without even knowing he's a clone.

Also, there's never going to be a 3rd game in the Jensen trilogy because SE are cucks so you might as well just play MD now and get it out of the way.

Rand is Janus and the clone is a sleeper agent to get close to him created by DuClaire and DuBeers. Its the reason he never shows up in the original. Clone!Jensen kills his ass.

Would you guys rather a third game in the Jensen trilogy, a remake of DX1 or a sequel to Invisible War?

You only get one.

>Exact same motivations
See His entire motivation from start to finish is to get closer to Janus for some reason. His motivations are only artificially similar.

Fuck you guys for memeing me into spending five bucks on this shite

Attached: zzzzz.png (1894x1065, 3.55M)

Okay
BUT
When you look down you get to look at her giant robot tits.

Remake of IW.

In my opinion it's better than having Jensen come back. The lead writer had the right idea, the suicide ending in HR was Jensen leaving the world's fate up to humanity while having no power over it. They should've just gone with a different protagonist honestly.

>raindrop detail texture

mmmmmmmm love it

How are they going to reset Jensen's power if they made a third game? Back to the original but stripped of his augs with the clone being the final boss?

About to replay HR then play MD. What is a fun build? I was thinking going full on soldier build since my first play through years ago was stealth.

3rd game.

If your story requires me to take time out of the game and just read blocks of text or listen to audio logs spread out around areas, then you're not presenting your story in a very appealing way. You just made the story have nothing to do with the game.

remake of dx1 but warren spector has to be involved

The question isn't if we're getting a new DX game, but if Eidos Montreal will survive after the Tomb Raider fiasco.

he'll meet janus early on and it'll activate some sleeper cell shit resulting in him losing his augs or something

deusex.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Aeratus/Is_Adam_Jensen_a_Clone_in_Mankind_Divided?_A_Review_of_the_Evidence

There is a large amount of evidence towards the clone theory. How the homeless NPC knows about a top secret Illuminati project is kind of a mystery though

Shit, I'd settle for a source port so we can stitch the maps together.

This. But by someone competent and not obsessed with politics. So none, I guess.

Yes but how do you define clone? He has all of Adam's memories up to his "death" so you could just say he is the original Adam in a clones body. I get the whole Original dying so thus he is a clone, but he is alive with his memories so does it matter to him?

I'm afraid that won't be possible, the "giant" part at least, she wears a compressive stealth suit, a very tight fit, so if you're a fan of that, you're welcome.
Think Dino Crisis or pic.

Attached: b684319fc736c14e0070ecc5f691e5f33c3e9532ecf6b19fd581718eb16da19c.jpg (1280x1190, 219K)

>not obsessed with politics
I wonder if the irony will ever hit you.

why did no one give a shit about mankind divided? even people who loved human revolution completely ignored it
I've never even heard any opinions as to whether it's bad or not, just total silence

>HR Jensen had tinted shades
>MD Jensen had matte black shades

As if it wasn't blatant enough.

Attached: deusexlol.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

the strong negative vibe towards the release of the game with it's microtransactions and short story killed it.
I find the gameplay to be way better than human revolution and pretty similar to the first deus ex, but the story just falls short and relies on a sequel.

You can also take that as him working as a double agent though.

You know perfectly well what I meant.

>SE splitting it into 2 games for maximum jew, so people already knew it wasn't going to have a satisfying story arc
>Ran like absolute dogshit at launch, tons of technical issues
>/pol/fags triggered by the BLM allusions and politics even though cyberpunk as a genre literally exists to critique politics

HR (lethal):
>max legs
>dermal armor
>leave the 10mm pistol un-silenced
>put all upgrades into pistol and shotgun

MD (definitely do the calibrator quest):
>max battery and legs
>dermal armor and Titan
>focus enhancement
>Icarus dash
>upgrade combat rifle, shotgun and battle rifle

Thats him without his shades you absolute brainlet

I wish they would abandon this bullshit trope of "we have to cook up some elaborate completely contrived plot device to explain why you start at level 1 in an RPG" and not have the main plot have to worry about your bullshit amnesia/lol aug malfunction (: when it's always such a transparent shoehorn anyway.

Why is it never "I had a breakthrough after a long plateau in my ability and need to slowly retrain all my fundamental techniques" or even just something on a completely trivial scale like "oops the firmware update needs to get patched before it works with xyz augs, check back later" then you don't have to waste any more time on it

Attached: 1471271021606.png (969x824, 166K)

I'm replaying MD right now and doing silent assassin Jensen who only spares people who deserve it like cops and bank security.

There are a ton of factors including bad marketing, technical issues and square enix being generally shit but I also think the interest for immersive sims waned between instalments. Prey/Mankind Divided/Dishonored 2/Death of the Outsider all sold poorly.

Time Travel. It CAN be done well, but writers never put enough thought into the concept of non-linear time to make it work.

it's not really visible unless you make an effort as the player

But even if he's "basically the same", he's still not "him". Beyond "shock value", what point would this plot line make, what was the "goal"?
Unless what I'm reading what other's have said, and is that the real Jensen is possibly still alive and the body you see is another clone that failed. But that seems even more dumb. Like why even play with the idea then?
Did Mankind do to HR what IW did with the original DE and have all the endings "canon" by all happening at once?

Actually I don't, there was nothing that could be interpreted as heavily political or divisive (no pun intended) about MD. I do remember the usual pack of stormies whining about there being brown people in the game, as they do.

Thanks for the suggestions I was wanting to use pistols so this is perfect.

Yeah I am thinking I may do something like this since it doesn't make sense to go full murder on everyone. Like if I have a choice I will spare them.

Nah, the canon ending in MD is where Jensen sacrificed himself and left choices up to humanity instead of people in power like Sarif.

We don't know the actual goal yet. My guess is that the illuminati are using him to find janus and kill him. Wait for the third game my nigger.

Whoa. Cool. I never played MD but this is a cool twist.

Okay, I'll play along. I meant putting things packs of stormies or packs of purplehairs like or obviously, reproducibly get buttdevastated about. Fleeting modern day shitlitics.

>It CAN be done well
Any examples?

Who pacifist/foxiestofhounds here?

Alright, then I agree with what's been said that they should've just got a new protag.

>Wait for the third game
I'm optimistic, but should I just hold off on playing MD until a "third game" comes into fruition?

>create a perfect aged up clone
>cut off his limbs, eyes and internal organs
>replace them with robot parts
>just to trick the guy into thinking he is real one
retarded

Introduce prototype nanites since Jensen is already the basis for the original Augs.

maybe he died so they cloned him back to life

But the robot parts made him an unstoppable killing machine
Even in the HR where the augments were meant to save his life they mention Sarif went a little overboard with the experimental weapons just because he wanted to try that shit out

I don't think they've done it so far. The games are in a cyberpunk setting, so dealing with societal issues is kind of mandatory.

MD still isn't that long. If the DLCs were integrated into the main game it would still feel shorter than HR

The Illuminati realize that Jensen is one of the most advanced augs on the planet given his hardware and DNA.
They need to control him and use him for their own ends, or he will take them down.
That's why they resurrected him, watch him and gave him extra augs (some of which the Gold Mask mercs have, since they have the same doctor)

it was the "Augs live matter" from promotional material that triggered people since it coincided with the BLM movement

Got them in both games, as well as "I never asked for this". feels good man

Attached: 20190105192440_1.jpg (1920x1200, 315K)

I know that's true with regards to HR and I'm willing to believe you that it's roughly the same with MD. But I won't be surprised if a third game (if it gets made) will end up as a propaganda piece.

if they just don't want him to take them down why resurrect him at all?

>howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2489
>howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=25434
>HR: 30 hours for all major content
>MD: 31 hours for all major content

They're about the same. MD has a shorter main story so it feels shorter but it has more side content.

uhh, damn you kind of got me there. I can't think of any of any off of the top of my head sadly. I still choose to believe that it's possible though.

I usually do no kill/no alarm runs in my first play through. I tranq the shit out of literally everyone and check every room for missable items/story details. I found so much shit i otherwise wouldn’t have found. It made me appreciate the level design in MD that much more

Also, the Prison break DLC takes place before the game (assuming it took place to begin with) is meant to test how well this new Adam's memories have integrated with the clone.

Attached: Versalife_vault_container.jpg (2220x1404, 1.01M)

I still haven’t played any of the dlc. Is it worth it?

Prison break is great.
System rift is short but okay. New area in prague is probably the highlight but it's small.

To rebuild him into a weapon of their own. They gave him new augs and implant his memories but who knows what other deep-unconscious mind control shit they did.
Delara says "Overall the subject seems quite well-adjusted despite the massive traumas he's experienced. And his memories are still consistent with the program. He is remarkably stable."

Think back to HR and the Zelazny mission, having soldiers who you can control at the brain stem level is insanely powerful

I think it is, ACP was some serious kino
youtu.be/Cw6tCJVBQhk?t=221

Having Pritchard back made the bank one worth

Attached: 20181111185116_1.jpg (1920x1200, 418K)

Huh. Didn't expect to get hooked on this theory.

Attached: 20180127153445_1.jpg (1920x1200, 239K)

>"It is you in the box. In the dark. That's where they have kept you."
- NPC near Tech Noir, present during the second visit to Prague

Holy shit so thats what he meant

If you're quick about it it's possible to "save" Rucker lel

Attached: 20181111191853_1.jpg (1920x1200, 398K)

Better than malik.

Oh, I like everyone Dr Reed

Attached: 20181111053928_1.jpg (1920x1200, 426K)

I think JC Denton is a clone of Jensen.

JC?
Jensen Clone.

Attached: 20181106014942_1.jpg (1920x1200, 479K)

>particuarly

you're right aug comes off?

There's lots of typos in the subtitles, Square Enix really fucked them over on rushing it out

As much as I want the next game asap, they need to take their time and get it right.
Imagine what they could do once pc's have 4-8x the ram and VR support is common

Attached: 20181015121621_1.jpg (1920x1200, 506K)