You finally arrived, but our records don't show from Morrowind thread

You finally arrived, but our records don't show from Morrowind thread

Attached: 19347583.png (229x138, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Dagoth_Dagger_(Morrowind)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not a Oblivion Thread

Attached: 1548741830943.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

Outlander

Just started a new game. Pass n play with me buds. Chat a good deal on who we want to appear as and laugh at how broken the game is. Upped the difficulty and pass on death/finished quest/finished dungeon. Lvl 2 rogue after the questionnaire but did personal class anyway. Light armor short sword for combat with a lot of out of combat major skills like security, mercantile, and the charisma one(persuasion?). Shits fun. Drink on death. In Balmora running around stealing all we can and doing quests. Just started the thieves guild. Realized we sold the package so gotta go back to that first town and buy it back. Still want to do the Fagoth quest. Anyone else on a run?

Yes that's right it's a morrowind thread.
I'm surprised an Oblivion player can read.

Post comfy

Attached: Nerevar in tent.jpg (1600x1120, 1017K)

Why haven't you joined the winning team yet?
>OpenMW
>Fully open source
>Built in multiplayer
>Soon to allow for a dehardcoded Morrowind
>Can be used on Android
>Eventually will support Oblivion and Skyrim

Attached: 746483.jpg (816x979, 93K)

I really enjoyed playing a trickster kind of rogue not using magic personally, but using lots of enchanted items, potions and short blades only. I had several kinds of blades that enabled me to dispatch just about anyone (expensive daedric tanto, the paralysis short swords sold in Balmora that either Caius or one of his Blades trainers recommends that I buy, the dagger from the Vivec sewers murder quest, a ton of "on use" items to boost my stats). Honestly, that Dagoth Dagger is incredibly useful, paralyze someone, then stick them with it and in a couple of moments none of their attacks will ever hit you because fatigue drain affects npc hits too and since it is drain 30 vs drain 25, you actually get 5 fatigue per second restored while they lose their entire supply in ten seconds.

>Morrowind thread
stop that

>elderscrolls
reddit the franchise

my spells sometimes go through targets when playing OpenMW and I can't figure out how to pick up stacks of items by default

elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Dagoth_Dagger_(Morrowind)

>elderscrolls wiki instead of uesp
you disgust me

While I prefer uesp overall, I like how on elderscrollswiki, lots of item pages will list locations to find them in-game. Usually I just load up the construction set and search for an item, though, if I've no clue where to find it.

Just grabbed the first result off google. Also realized that I got the numbers all wrong because it's 20/20. Still an amazing item with one of a kind effect. And you can resist the negative portion of it too, or absorb it even.

AEEEEEEEEEUGH?!

Yeah that's nice and all but when will we get a switch release?

He didn't fly so good.

No one cares about your thrilling social life faggot.

ugh, just imagining this is making me want to play
god I miss this game
really pulled you into the world, and making specialized characters was fun rather than braindead

>start off as a bumbling thief/illusionist who survives by sneaking and flying around invisible
>always ends the game as an all-powerful sorcerer with broken permanent spell effects, enchantments, super potions, and the mudcrab merchant commanded over to his pillow fort

I can't even get through the beginning as a fighter or something. Every run of mine is exactly the same!

Sounds like you were meant to be a wizard. Being a wizard is the most fun in Morrowind if you know how to do it.

Do it then.

>Sounds like you were meant to be a wizard. Being a wizard is the most fun in Morrowind if you know how to do it.
But I wanna do House Redoran for once, and with my characters, I always end up in Telvanni!

Make an Imperial or an Orc. They don't make for particularly great wizards. Oh who am I kidding, you're gonna end up a wizard anyway.

Redoran is my favourite House lorewise, but I almost invariably end up joining the Telvanni anyway. You just can't pass up all those interactions with Baladas and Divyath, and they have the most enjoyable quests too.

Oblivion's kinda shit. Compared to Morrowind and maybe even Skyrim.
Oblivion's the weird middle child of the two, with very little specific identity, and no immersion in the world at all. Even the gameplay/leveling is total shit. Plus the setting is bland as fuck compared to the other two. Just a lot of green looking grass lands and forests, and all the races and cultures just kinda seem the same. Shitty design as well in terms of armor, creatures and everything in general. It does have some comfy vibes which is nice, and the story's pretty grand.

Best girl

Attached: 1488276728008.jpg (1280x1491, 265K)

I'm one of the people that couldn't get past the literal beginning of the game because I got killed trying to punch a mudcrab or whatever. What do I need to do to understand what I'm doing wrong?

fuck off furfag

T. Faggot.

>What do I need to do to understand what I'm doing wrong?
Read the manual, like people had to in the olden days. Or at least read the tooltips.

hahah its almost like the game is completely broken and also easy

Oblivion is shit and aged worse than Morrowind.

>calling someone a faggot for not enjoying your gay blogpost
>T

I do, faggot. Fuck off.

The general advice is:
1: Watch your fatigue, it's the little green bar on your HUD. Running and attacking drains this, walking and waiting restores it. It affects just about every single action you do, and if it's low, you'll fail at almost anything.

2: Use a weapon you are skilled in. Look at your "Major" and "Minor" skills. Find which weapon you have the highest skill in -- if it's a major skill, it will be at LEAST 30, which is typically decent enough. If it's "Longblade", use a long sword or claymore. If it's "Shortblade", use a dagger or short sword. If it's "Axe", use a war axe, etc.

3: Hold down the attack button for a couple seconds to deal more damage upon hitting.

4: Stay in Seyda Neen for a while, talk to everyone, many NPCs here have unique dialogue with good advice, hints at where to find treasure, and some easy quests. You can learn about a quest to avenge the tax man, to get money from Fargoth, you can learn about a nearby cave full of loot, a tomb with a magical artifact, and in general, there's lots of small dungeons nearby to explore. Stay in Seyda Neen, use your major and minor skills, get some gold and levels, and reroll your character if it's just not working out.

Once you have more money and know how to survive a bit better, always make sure to visit shops to repair your gear and stock up on: Restore Health/Fatigue potions, Levitation Potions, Divine/Almsivi Intervention scrolls (these teleport you to safety), and potions of Cure Common/Blight disease.

Based Oblivion contrarian rustling everyone's jimmies simply by existing

faggot. On a run or here to shitpost? Do you play video games?

Oblivion is such ass to replay

t. fargoth

fuck oblivion gates, those were never fun

Attached: 1425157735439.jpg (1600x1200, 707K)

Attached: T'ekaaluk.jpg (960x940, 136K)

>allies for bruma quest
>close an oblivion gate in front of every fucking city

Attached: howbad.png (1200x912, 1.46M)

I'd like to add that, it's OK if your character isn't a good fighter. People tend to overlook skills like Athletics or Acrobatics or Sneak. Sneak isn't so good at low levels, but if you're a Bosmer or Khajiit, use it as a Major skill, and choose Stealth as your class specialty, it'll start around 45 or 50, which gives you a good chance to just sneak by the bad guys. If that fails, Athletics can easily let you run away, and Acrobatics can not only practically guarantee your escape, it can give you good vantage points to attack out of range.

The beauty of it is that, if these are your major/minor skills, you'll level up by running away. You don't even HAVE to fight to get stronger. Add Illusion to this, with a short-acting Invisibility spell, and you can escape just about anyone. You can be the worst combatant on the planet and still level up and succeed.

>kvatch oblivion gate
>a dead dremora spawns across the bridge
>free daedric heavy bow at basically the start of the game
>most players dont even know about it because it matches the fucking ground
i didnt mind them so much although the flora there was over aggressive

Can it run Crisis 2?

Get gold. Buy your first gear. Listen to Also get a scroll of Odusi’s Unhinging and hit up the door right across from you once you leave the customs door in the beginning of the game. It’ll be a five gold fine but the door will be open still. Go in and to the left, don’t go up stairs, are some crates with armors and weapons for you. Sell them if they don’t align with your major skills to get some gear.
whatever shitlord