ITT: games that don't get enough recognition

ITT: games that don't get enough recognition

>literally the perfect video game
>no one played it

Honestly the industry deserves everything it's currently suffering though for ignoring this series and letting Whoopee close down

Attached: 1538073161742.png (640x480, 254K)

Tomba! 2 is one my all-time favorite games and I liked it more than the first one but I think I'm the only one in the world. Fuck that haunted maze mountain or whatever the fuck part in 1.

It certainly has an interesting playstyle to it

autism

Attached: tearaway-unfolded-1.jpg (740x416, 75K)

Attached: 1450313984334.jpg (744x615, 63K)

autism

>can't bring up piece of media without people referencing one thing relating to it over and over
>someone else replies with ill will to everyone referencing said thing
hmmm now what does this remind me of

Attached: Sn.png (502x488, 521K)

I played it at my cousin's tho

I liked the heck out of it back in the day but upon replaying on emulator recently it definitely didn't hold up, and felt more like it was fun for being a young'n

I hate it, I love Tomba but you can't mention it here without youknowwhat being mentioned immediately. We will never get games with the playstyle and soul that Tomba 1 and 2 had and it kills me.

Haunted mansion, user. Both are great.

Played it with my gf recently and I fell in love with this fucking game. Can't believe there is nothing like it, aside from the sequel ofcourse. WHY has no indie-developer done a rip off with the task system??

Ill post my game in these threads one day since i have no connections or money nobody will know if its existence or play Nikutaun 3 more years and itll be finished

Looks interesting. Why is it the perfect videogame?

>platforming, combat, quests, puzzles, items, upgrades
>unique setting, themed levels, meaningful world, fun story, interesting characters
>whimsy cartoon aesthetic, memorable upbeat soundtrack, japanese vibes
>fun, interesting, and challenging for all ages
>beautiful pixel art in the first game, beautiful low poly graphics in the second
It has everything, and does it all wonderfully, and it was made by industry legend Tokuro Fujiwara.

I would really prefer if you'd be quiet
But yes, you are correct

Except the tomba memes are actually funny. Baneposting would be a more accurate comparison, not that "lel so randum funny word" shit

It's a pretty good game.
The cute witch really was cute.

That's a lot of stuff. I'll dl it. Thanks user

The first game is really great but you can already see in the second game that they ruined quite a few things with modern game design like the shitty graphics and having that shitty sidekick with you that gives you tips and tutorials.

What emulator do you recommend?

>he doesn't like low poly kino
top pleb

Attached: 1551231845419.png (640x480, 268K)

>honestly implying this garbage is superior to the amazing artstyle of the first game
Absolutely despicable.

i liked 2 more as a kid, but replaying them in adulthood i like 1 better

Attached: Mushroom-forest.png (320x224, 32K)

I remember playing the demo, but never being able to find the damn thing in the store.

a stale meme is a stale meme user

Nice aliasing fag, looks like garbage

Attached: ShadowrunFPS.jpg (356x500, 66K)

epsxe worked perfectly well for me

Tomba was the first game I ever played. At least I think it is, don't remember any earlier.
I've beaten it at least 10 times since then. It's an absolutely fantastic game. Really explains why I'm such a powerful autist now. I'm almost glad it will never, ever get a sequel. There's 0% chance they'd do it justice.

Attached: 1525195889032.png (411x371, 137K)

My favorite part about it aside from the perfect art style is how you would constantly come across items or secrets you couldn't unlock yet. The x year old chest system, doors that needed different items, quests, etc. Then you'd get whatever unlocked them and a whole world opened up to you. It felt like such an adventure. Just that continuous feed of mystery pay off mystery pay off. Fantastic.

Mushroom Forest, Phoenix Mountain, and Haunted Mansion were a three-hit combo of "fuck you"

This game really was fucking long or at least it felt that way.

I have a copy of both 1 and 2 complete with case and everything. I also have Brave Fencer Musashi, and Threads of Fate. PS1 had the best hidden gems.

Attached: 1529732512090.gif (200x200, 9K)

Totally agree. I can't find an adventure game that compares.
I want something similar that has the amount of different items. I loved trying to figure out what everything was needed for. Plus it made exploring more fun because you knew you were likely to get something unique instead of heartpiece No.26

No it's fucking not, it's literally the same with a one line being repeated. Don't be a biased retard

I only recently started playing Rayman 2 and it's great except when it's fucking infuriating bullshit. Is the third one any good?

>cold ass frozen over mountain village/ranch
>staying outside without a warm suit chips away at your health
>you can regenerate it completely by resting in a hot spa in the middle of the area
Whoever designed this thoroughly understood what comfy is

i had the demo disc and i must have played through it like 30 times i couldnt find a rental store and copies were hella hard to find. I hated the fact i got blueballed by the demo for years until i emulated it.

2nd tomba is hot garbage though literally SOUL SOULESS MEME