Do you feel like developers aren't that creative when making non-human races? Is there a particular reason for that?

Do you feel like developers aren't that creative when making non-human races? Is there a particular reason for that?

Attached: goblin.png (461x357, 418K)

in school, they learned how to animate humans and four-legged animals (kind of) and that's where the learning stopped

Is there anything more pathetic than the meme that humans are boring in fantasy settings? It's just beyond dumb, and I can only assume it's pushed by freaks who can't understand emotions, and thus instantly just look for some fetish thing to project their desire to fuck inhuman beasts onto.

they don't want to give furfaggots new shit to jack off to

The basis of liking monstrosities can come from various places. One common one is that "monsters" are a physical formation of ugliness rather than an emotional formation, which humans express liberally.

Eh, people are boring in general.

Making anything too alien makes a general audience unable to understand or care for the creature in many respects. We naturally feel some empathy for other humans, so a human-like character can take advantage of that (facial expressions, body language, even verbal language that we would be able to understand,etc.). This is why it's safer and easier to make anthropomorphic rats instead of freakish unrecognizable bioforms with no discernible similarities to life as we know it.

Attached: 1548874614042.png (630x700, 558K)

That would mean make new models and that would require more time and effort to be put and we know how the game industry is full of that.

humans aren't boring in fantasy settings. a fantasy setting is boring when it only has humans.

>tfw no wizard village anime
>tfw no wizard village game
It hurts.

At least I will have Beastars.

Attached: legosi sebun.jpg (695x800, 185K)

Why waste time explaining what a xiobuqua is all about when you can just slap a green guy down and go "It's an orc" and people can fill in the blanks themselves.

>I can only assume it's pushed by freaks who can't understand emotions
I mean obviously you're talking about fantasy fans here so it's a given that there's a lot of autists

>Why don't devs release games full of things people have never seen before to an audience who doesn't know why they should care about these weird things deliberately designed to unnerve and disorient?

>Why do devs release games with elves instead?

Wrong, many fantasy authors agree that their work dramatically improved when they removed the 'fantasy races' in exchange for actual unique cultural development with humans.

Normies hate "weird" things that aren't within norms. And there are a lot of normies, thus a lot of potential customers that you don't want to scare away.

>many fantasy authors
Which ones?

>actual unique cultural development with humans
>can't have both

It's often boring because we see humans everywhere all the time. We know how they react and how human society works. When people do new wacky civilizations with alien thought processes and cultures that's way more interesting then what most people do with humans. Cuz if its humans it typically boils down to "old Europe" or "Rome II: the Romening"

Like?
This, goddamn hack authors

>people realized that you don't need 9000+ snowflake races in fantasy
>in fact anything but humans only makes setting worse (unless they're irredeemably evil monsters)
>furries screech about "war on fantasy"

Maybe non-human races are just shit and do not belong in the first place?

I'm still waiting for those 'fantasy authors'.

ITT
>Fantasy races are bad because furries!!!

Attached: 1521498952132.jpg (511x712, 267K)

People usually don’t like things that aren’t at least a bit relatable or familiar.

Playable non-human races in virtually every game are just reskinned humans. They still think and act like humans would, and no one would play them if they didn’t.

That's pretty subjective no matter how we slice it.

The real problem I have is all these fucking races and even humans, yet they all have one culture.
Fucking Battle Realms is only humans and they couldn't be any more different from each other even down to the physical.

This, unfortunately. Even when you include non-human races like elves or dwarves, or even invent a totally new alien race or plant creatures, there will still be many people saying it's not different enough. Makes it feel like a waste of effort to even try to appeal to the non-human fetish crowd, if there's no satisfying them.

They are thinking with their penis

I like low-fantasy a lot. When non-humans are downright mythical, but it runs into the same problem. Fuck rigging and animating that shit. It's just not feasible. It would take one hell of a madman with a blank check to ever see that.

I used to see the logic in things like this but then after shit like reading about people getting attached to things like their roombas and the internet crying over the 'death' of a Mars rover, I think it may be underestimating how much humans can connect with completely non-human looking things.
Then again I'm a degenerate who's main will to live is to see Teraurge ever actually get finished so what do I know

Attached: 20190223_164655.jpg (755x734, 249K)

Based but I also like variety of characters for the superior humans to talk to and kill.

>Do you feel like developers aren't that creative when making non-human races? Is there a particular reason for that?

Its not a game developer thing, it's a media thing. In case you haven't been paying attention, most movies and games today lack any sense of nuance. You really expect these people to be able to create anything that isn't a 1:1 human or a vicious animal/monster? They couldn't possibly make anything in between those 2 extremes. That's why nothing feels 'creative' today.

Attached: 76051584774287.gif (500x278, 707K)

Nobody gave a shit about the rats in that game anyway.

Attached: 1489487798.pooding_freya.jpg (905x1280, 203K)

Who else loves it when the non-human race goes barefoot, but still wears clothes?

Me deadass. Especially when it's a beast race like a canine or feline and they have claws

In terms of video game setting it makes gameplay sense, because the majority of people make a human character, and will be looking for the most vanilla experience in their first playthrough.

Paw fags please exit the premises

Paws are cute even when it's not full furfag pawbean tier shit

Attached: fen.png (1500x1295, 1.64M)

Makes sense to me. How the fuck will you make shoes for shit like this?

Attached: 1537653669264.png (1200x824, 1.78M)