Yagooza 0

Why do some of you praise this game so much? I thought it was just alright. The only thing I really liked was the music, which I will use for weight lifting. Please enlighten me im genuinely interested in what you all think

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HmNuKvRs5qU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really enjoyed the story, the gameplay was okay

why is the Chinese version so handsome?

It's unique. There is no alternative if you want to play a game like it by which I mean the combination of roaming/virtual tourism and satisfying beat em up gameplay that incorporates JRPG elements.

Is that edit for real?

He's based on some popular actor from china
the right is from the Chinese version

In the Chinese version of Yakuza 0 Lao Gui is based off of Sam Lee, a Chinese movie actor.
They also added him to the Chinese cover art.

Attached: file_11154_yakuza-0-boxes.jpg (560x348, 86K)

But for what purpose?

The character itself is Chinese too so why not. Looks great.

Attached: Lao_gui_chinese.jpg (269x300, 22K)

To appeal to the growing chinese audience obviously.
They are incredibly sensitive too judging by what happened with Devotion on steam so maybe playing it safe a little bit as well.

Money you faggotron, insectoids are attracted to famous insectoids.

Attached: 1549492953782.jpg (807x659, 42K)

just the chinese government doing the usual social engineering things

Appealing to the market, same reason 0 amde them the good guys and why a Chink knocked up Haraku.

I see, that makes sense. Yeah, the beat em up gameplay was pretty satisfying with the heat attacks

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 115K)

1989 Tiananmen Square Massacre

Can somebody explain Majima's Dragon Style (forgot name) to me? I seriously don't get it. Is all to it just X amount of light attacks and then you do those 3 running stabs? It doesn't get much heat either because those stabs consume it as far as I remember.

Isn't Shenmue pretty much like it?

It's just his classic moveset from the past games when he was a boss fight so it's not very elaborate.

Shenmue is a lot less arcadey and incredibly tedious. In my opinion it does nothing better than modern yakuza games.
Maybe shenmue 3 will rival them if it ever comes out but for the moment I doubt it.

Using a style similar to how he was in Yakuza 1/2 with a dash of Breaker. You have different heavy finishers based on amount of rush attacks you do, and only the running slash and super dodge takes heat. Majima's Mad Dog style is very heat intensive so if you wanna save on heat just don't run around and slash after combos.
I really like it's 3 person heat action and the counter can clean house on good timing. But other than that yeah the Legend styles in Yakuza 0 are pretty bare bones.

Attached: I don't even wanna peek this shit.jpg (403x314, 68K)

The same way that the Dojima lieutenants are based on actors, duh.

Honestly right looks better and more suitable to Yakuza. Left just looks like some cartoonish villain, literally screaming "I'M A BAD GUY"
His design stood out so much compared to the otherwise (mostly) down to earth looks of characters

Not sure euros or americans should talk so loudly about celeb worship and attraction towards them.

Unique, 80s atmosphere, diverse minigames from disco to phone club, loads of content, most substories were entertraining, a bunch of charismatic characters even those from the substories, 10/10 soundtrack, gameplay is solid, different styles that were fun to use.

No, both series are in such different worlds, but the internet created this retard idea that since both are/were sega games with an open world, with arcade and some minigames it means they are the same type. Just the worlds itself, one has npcs with their own schedules, another doesnt. One has a story to be told through games, another has A story in each game.
Shenmue is about martial arts and to strike when you have an opening. Yakuza feels like a 3D beat'em'up with crazy shit going on

Dude, Shenmue isnt Yakuza. 3 cant be compared to any Yakuza

any chance we get a switch style mod that emulates the one Kiwami has with the fast switching mid finishers and dodges for 0? Majima would be even more fun that way, Kiryu just needs a faster way to switch between rush and Dragon fast

Attached: 50140865_10157040364344878_5665977305638371328_n.jpg (548x960, 75K)

Attached: 1504556564726.jpg (349x357, 20K)

I think there's an item that lets you do that in 0.

youtube.com/watch?v=HmNuKvRs5qU

Overall the Yakuza series is really bad. Yakuza 0 took the silly series and made it respectable, while adding a ton of side activities. Then the remaster of Yakuza 2 took some of the best aspects of Yakuza 0 and added them to the Yakuza 6 engine.

so thats what it did, thanks

he's referring to the ability in kiwami that lets you switch instantly without having to wait through the style switch animation.

IT NO HAPPEN!

PREASE GRORIOUS STATE PORICE I NOT BEREIVE THIS GUELO'S LIES!

Attached: 1499710595836.jpg (300x242, 13K)

i wonder if its possible to mod them out, and replace brawler with dragon for even quicker shenanigans

That's what the quick change clothes do though?

it doesnt eliminate the animation like kiwami does

did you not read my whole post?

someone did that, but the game ended up crashing when performing a heat action.
not sure if it was because of the other style replacements he had, though.