Native XB1 on PC

>Microsoft has begun testing a Windows update to those on the Insider branch of Windows 10 that appears to enable binary compatibility with Xbox One titles.
>These are not ports, rather they are the exact same files that get distributed to consoles.

thurrott.com/xbox/200140/microsofts-evolving-gaming-strategy-takes-a-giant-step-forward

Attached: Insider_HERO-hero-1-hero-hero-hero-1-hero-hero-hero-hero-hero-hero-4-hero-hero-1-hero-hero-1-hero-he (940x528, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/10/23/the-untold-story-of-xbox-one-backwards-compatibility
blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/02/08/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18334/
news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/02/08/gaming-on-windows-state-of-decay/
maxconsole.com/threads/xbox-one-exploit-release-gaining-win32-code-execution-in-uwp-devmode.48513/
microsoft.com/en-us/windows/s-mode
petri.com/paul-thurrotts-short-takes-microsoft-earnings-special-edition-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

would this also work for backwards compatible titles? it would be cool to play shit like rare replay on pc

Attached: 08437b0d1c44bdb9dfe26a2e8476f64d.png (220x230, 6K)

Xbox, xbox 360 games on pc
Based MS saving video games

Possible if this system is perfectly compatible, there is some hardware on XB1 that was used for 360 compatibility, but it was part of the standard so it should have been accessible to developers.
ign.com/articles/2017/10/23/the-untold-story-of-xbox-one-backwards-compatibility

I wonder if Microsoft isn't doing a calculation that they'll make more money with PC subscription sales to their store than if they have Xbox exclusives.

PCBros win again
we might even get 360 BC literally PC will have more MGS games than the PS4 if this is the case

Attached: 1551122734901.png (644x850, 131K)

gimme kh3

>RDR 1&2 on PC

Attached: 1550111232095.jpg (540x405, 46K)

>had to wait for MS to port entire consoles to PC before Rockstar could port a game.
lmao

This generation has been bad for the xbox brand but not so much for microsoft. Interesting.

This better not mean they're giving us a half-assed port of MCC now

Doesn’t matter, we get all games anyways :^)

I hope so

just get a xbox doe

and pay for video games?
No thanks, I'll let snoyggers do that

Can bluray drives even read xboner discs? Who even owns a bluray drive?

Why? They are bringing it to pc because nobody buys Xbox.

>tfw this sounds cool but we still won't be able to put an xbone game in our optical drive and play it

Retail is obsolete, no one has retail discs on PC everything is digital

which will always go to the garbage pin on the next EMP blast

Yeah but not for consoles, this is about xboner games.

Yes, Xbone uses Blurays.
Sony owns Bluray technology but due to anti-monopoly laws they naturally are forced to let others use it as well under a license.
Every time someone sells a Bluray player, recorder disk etc, a share of the money goes to Sony.

Would be cool to play jet set radio future

They do but they have some severe copy protection going on that only xboner drives can read normally. I'm wondering if they're going to circumvent that somehow, or just avoid compatibility with physical discs completely.

Likely avoid discs people don't have blu-ray drives on PC it would appeal to small minority

>They do but they have some severe copy protection going on that only xboner drives can read normally.
Nope, it's not that at all.
What they do is run games in a Sandbox, every single game is being ran in a Sandbox VM (think running Denuvo but then running it in Sandboxie on top) which is why there's not exploits because even if you exploit a game/application, you can't affect rest of the system since it is isolated within its own Sandbox.

I've been saying this, Phil Spencer is killing the Xbox division.

>Nope, it's not that at all.
Look, champ, you have no idea what you're talking about.

also its retarded that many PC Case companies Ditched Blu ray and CD drivers in favor of more fucking space for Coolers.

HE's following Bill's orders, Bill wants AoE to be great again, and ignore the new CEO

blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/02/08/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18334/

news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/02/08/gaming-on-windows-state-of-decay/

And Don wasn't? Phil realizes there's a good ecosystem to be had between the Windows OS and Xbox. I think that's their best chance of actually surviving, seeing as how Don ran Xbox into the fucking ground.

Xbox isn't a console anymore sweaty.

Its a platform.
Also not everyone is rich enough to buy a gaming PC you dumbfuck.
Its why consoles sell more than pc

>Look, champ, you have no idea what you're talking about.
You're a moron.
maxconsole.com/threads/xbox-one-exploit-release-gaining-win32-code-execution-in-uwp-devmode.48513/
Read up if you don't believe me.
It's also why Xbone has a PUBLICLY AVAILABLE devmode for homebrew, because even if you make homebrew with exploit to break into the system and cause piracy you can't actually do it because everything is fucking sandboxed.

this would be awesome. would they just market consoles as convenient and prebuilt PCs then?

lmao who even has an optical drive in this day and age

>B-B-But muh air flow

its still needed to install Windows and emergency backup retard

He's buying studios for first party games and removed that kinect nonsense. He's salvaging the mess Mattrick left him and doing a decent job of it.

Technicians, Developers, OS installers...

what does this mean for a brainlet like me?

He's right about there being sandboxing on XB1, it runs a custom hyper v OS which runs a custom xbox os (for games) as well as a modded W10 (for apps)
But there is custom copy protection for xbox discs so even a bit-for-bit cloned disc cannot be played on another xbox

USB windows install

Xbone games on PC. Maybe.

I have a full tower. More than enough space for bluray, fan adjuster, SD reader, etc.

360, OG XBOX, xbox one games on PC

3rd party and 1st part xbone games on PC possibly
Maybe even X360 and OG Xbox

>Fable 2 on PC finally

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm a sudaca that's saving for a 4K drive.

MIcrosoft wants to turn Windows into a walled garden like iOS. They plan on using the Xbox brand to promote buying games on the Windows Store instead of a third-party client.

You're not going to be buying 360 games on Steam, that's for sure.

>Why?
Because you're balls deep into the Microsoft ecosystem and your computer is a Surface tablet.

Multiple launchers are the future, like it or not.

You have to go back

Not if Nadella gets his way. Hear about Windows 10 S? The one that only lets you install software from Microsoft's own app store and make you use Edge with Bing? The one that you see on a lot of cheap laptops these days?

microsoft.com/en-us/windows/s-mode
S Mode is toggleable you fucking retard.

>Buying from the X-box store
OH NO NO NO.

The xbone emulators are xbone binaries themselves so yeah

So in other words, future PC games will no longer be PC game but Xbox games, meaning Xbox games are fully exclusive again. I knew there was a meaning to Xbox Game Studios.

>steam

Attached: oops.jpg (822x719, 50K)

Did you really win? Your games are becoming Xbox games, m8. I think we Xbros won.

It's more like he's killing Windows 10 PC gaming and making everything Xbox as it should have been.

Big if true but nothing will get me to install Win 10.

>you lived to see to see an official PC version of rare's n64 games

Attached: 1550551730758.jpg (225x225, 11K)

This, it all starts now.

I want my fucking Perfect Dark Xbox Arcade port on PC. Along with that fucking Goldeneye on we got robbed(not counting on that one).

How? Isn't this the opposite?

Business are microsoft's biggest money maker. They are not going to kill off their biggest source of revenue.

We are already one.

Any way we'll be able to play them without Windows 10? Because

I just don't understand who this appeals to. As a PC gamer, I don't give a shit about Xbox stuff. There's really nothing there except for some Halo games. I feel like most PC gamers wont care either because Halo doesn't have the draw on the platform with far better fps games.
People who bought an Xbox(lol) wont care either because they're the ones who spent hundreds of dollars on a gimped mid range 2013 PC with a crippled mess of an OS to play $60 multiplatform games.

Who actually cares about this? Who is going to subscribe their gamepass to play Xbox ports?

Is it crackable? I'm a honest pc player who just wants to try before buy.

No, you'll need windows 10 for it.

No

yes
XCloud :^)

>There's really nothing there except for some Halo games.
wrong

>buying anything
with hardware locked down I can promise you files will get dumped.

I just want the og xbox games user.

It's worth just for BC ridiculous amounts of good old-gen games

NGB and 2, Fable 2 and MCC are more exciting than the latest Paradox spreadsheet you fat virgin

I don't know, some windows store games are uncrackable because they have constant online checks.

I do. I still have my old game CDs and DVDs, it's cheaper to give someone a burnt disc with stuff on than giving them a whole USB drive, and it's not like I need that drive bay for anything else.

I dont like that M$ brings console exclusivity to PC. I smell some anti-consumerism here.

Because it means PC is no longer getting its own versions of games, they will get the same version of the games that we get on Xbox meaning they're Xbox games now.

This will solidify it.

Banjo-Kazooie HD

I'll just wait for some autist to make it compatible with Win7 or Linux through some form of emulation I guess. I already dislike MS, I fucking hate Win10. This kind of news is bittersweet.

>XCloud
What the hell is this shit, seriously

Attached: Microsoft_is_expected_to_use_Project_xCloud_to_bring_Xbox_games_to_the_Switch_-_TechSpot_-_2019-02-2 (1571x1002, 826K)

>you need a cd drive for windows
What fucking year is it? 2001?

Nice but xbox has no games...

Waiting for cpy crack now I'm not paying microsoft shit lol they can give me a rim job instead

Attached: 14509294_1792566457688007_869984048_n.jpg (420x420, 32K)

Fair enough

>so desperate that you have to compare Peter Molyneux's lies and a broken collection of old games to extensive grand strategy games
kys you fucking brainlet

Can you point me to a console that has any?

You'll have to wait a few months for autists to crack UWP

This gen ? None unfortunately

Honestly? Good. Microsoft would do way better by moving to PC wholesale and just selling multi-party steambox-esque machines that unify the console and PC crowd under a much more reliable umbrella

I doubt they will be exactly the same. Will be pc settings etc.

Fable 2 was good though and NGB is far higher IQ than Excel, sorry to burst your bubble but reaction times are evidence of intelligence, not looking at stats like an autist.

Switch easily. Name another platform that cranks 98's like candy?

>Also not everyone is rich enough to buy a gaming PC you dumbfuck.
It's less about not being rich and more about being lazy.

this
You can build a decent 1080p/60fps machine you likely wouldn't even need 1000 bucks for it

would kinda suck if you already own a gaming computer and an xbone x
like $500 wasted

Probably, Scarlett can handle it.

What am I reading

Fable 2 did not live up to expectations, just like the first one.
>sorry to burst your bubble but reaction times are evidence of intelligence
Imagine being such a fucking idiot that you can't comprehend people enjoying GSGs and still being Diamond-Master League in SC2, a game that requires far more "reaction time" than anything on you Mountain Dew box.

Ha..ha..ha...Yeah, who can be THAT stupid?

At least my friends are consolefags and I had good times with them, so money wasn't really wasted all that much

Attached: 1509189662032.png (808x805, 438K)

Bragging about playing Blizzshit? Man you are sad

What's the point when every XB1 game comes out on PC anyway?

>Windows 10

Who gives a shit?

Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves were the most fun I had gaming 2018/early 2019. Thanks Phil for PC releases and giving 1$ game pass multiple times a year.

Cool, maybe
So what would I be willing to play in this case?

>brags about high "reaction times" in NGB
>gets called out for such a pleb example
"h-heh, y-yeah but it's B-blizzshit"
Yeah cause Halo Wars is so much better, right? You're fucking pathetic

It allows laziness. Now instead of getting PC ports you'll just get the gimped console version with no graphics options. Yea Forums is so dumb they actually want this.

>ReCore
>D4
>SSOD
>backwards compat w/enhancements
Not only does the bone have the most original games, but I also believe that it has better features than the other consoles.

Attached: astro.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

dont feel bad bro, i bought everything
every console. even upgraded the ps4 and xbone later to pro/x

But!!!
Is the framerate locked to console levels?
If so, hard pass

I just want to play halo single player on pc

>Xcucks being even bigger cucks than before
>They clap like retards and ask for warmer loads

lol

Would be interesting but for me:
>Ori 2 is already coming to PC regardless
>Rockstar is just going to double/tripple dip RDR2 anyway, it was never about the effort of porting
Can't think of anything else I care about.

Also mouse keyboard support

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHA FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR GAMES!! I WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 ON MY COMPUTER YOU ABSOLUTE UTTER CUNT WIPES!!!!!

Attached: 1541118534213.jpg (341x340, 20K)

Xbox games on Windows is the carrot to get people on X and buying games from the Windows Store.
Dropping legacy support to force developers into their new walled garden so that's the only option is the stick.

Attached: 1549461560442.png (2324x1307, 983K)

>cucking yourself

They are desperate if true.

This might be a pretty clever move on Microsoft's part. They make Windows and Windows hosts the vast majority of PC gaming, yet MS gets no cut at all from that beyond the Windows licenses, if we assume those are legit. They are not going to wrench the PC games market from Steam and the other heavy hitters, that should be clear enough considering how they tried it with their store and have been largely unsuccessful.

This then means that if MS wants a cut out of the PC gaming pie, they need to offer something the competition cannot. Making Xbox games run by default on Windows seems like just the thing, because it's something MS can do but no other player in the market is capable of, so capitalizing on this could be a very good idea. For the devs, this essentially opens up the PC market for them by default, without having to make different versions of their games and support them independently. This might also help MS get their foot in the door as far as their store goes and once they have more users looking they will almost certainly have more users buying as well.

Meanwhile the people who prefer to play on Xbox can continue to do so and they also have the choice to migrate to Windows or mix and match as they prefer at any time. It really does seem like a pretty clever idea if they get it off the ground and it works well. They need to be careful though or this can really backfire on them, the PC versions will still need minor modification like having settings, control options, proper mouse/kb support and such or everyone will (rightfully) shit on them.

Starcraft 2 is not about reaction it's about proactivty and clicking a lot. Regardless, you are a hopeless permavirgin sperg for preferring that gay shit over real games lol

This guy get it

>Dropping legacy support to force developers into their new walled garden so that's the only option is the stick.
Won't happen, Windows has no value outside of its software library. All you need to do is look at the practical example of Windows RT's abject failure and at the fact that MS themselves are making x86 emulators for fucking ARM so that even ARM CPUs running Windows can still run win32 programs. They cannot drop support and as such they cannot force people to not make traditional Windows games, or any other Windows software.

You have to keep in mind that Microsoft has never made a dime off the Xbox brand. This is why they've been trying so hard for years to turn it into an entertainment box rather than a video game console and shift all the video games to PC.

I want to play Tenchu Z and Fable 2.

>Starcraft 2 is not about reaction it's about proactivty and clicking a lot.
lol, this sentence alone is proof that you're a retarded dorito munching xbox zoomer with shit taste

>"I-It's a trojan horse for windows becoming a closed system!"
I think your tinfoil hat is on too tight

>to get people on X and buying games from the Windows Store.

That makes no sense. How would this inspire anyone to buy an X when the same exact games will be on PC? Not to mention how hard they're shifting toward streaming.

I think Microsoft just wants out of the console business, as does Sony from the look of it.

Dude, the only people who think MS can ever afford to drop legacy support are shills and retards who don't know dick about the business side of things.
My fucking employer is STILL running Windows 7 on EVERY SINGLE PC in the office aside from 1, and that ONE single PC runs Windows Server 2012.
Y'know why?

>Microsoft has never made a dime off the Xbox brand
They broke even half way through the 360's life, what are you talking about?

Good blog post I read the first sentence!

petri.com/paul-thurrotts-short-takes-microsoft-earnings-special-edition-7
>One of the dirty little secrets of Microsoft’s Xbox/gaming business is that it has never actually turned a profit

I can't even think of anything I'd play. I might be out of touch, but I'm not kidding. Please, what am I missing out on? There must be something.

Maybe this is crazy, but is this a way to help establish Xbox in Japan?
There's a lot of PS4/Switch games with a PC port. Even though PC and Xbox have very similar archs, the same compiled executable doesn't run on each other.

But what if MS was able to say to these Japanese devs: "Hey, I see you're developing a PC port, why not instead make an Xbox port and it will run on PC as well with zero modification to the code required? Now you guys can publish on PC like you want to AND Xbox at little to no extra cost!"

If that happened Xbox would end up with a library of games that appeals to Japan, thus boosting it's relevance in that region

What tinfoil? He's right, that's literally what it is. Microsoft isn't trying to hide it or anything. They want PC to be their walled garden the same as Xbox One. It's probably not something they'll succeed at, but it doesn't stop them from trying.

Stop being old gramps

Microsoft have confirmed it is happening. No matter what benefit you think they derive from maintaining legacy support is irrelevant compared to being the default installed on new systems.

They've already created the successor, did you really think they'd maintain their legacy compatibility forever? Microsoft makes zero money off of people or businesses out there still running decade old applications on versions of Windows with months left of support. They make money when they get those companies to buy Windows 10 enterprise support licenses, when they get the developers who wrote those applications buying UWP certs, when they sell software in the Windows Store.
Even if Microsoft was going to maintain their own legacy compatibility long term they have no reason to make sure it stays well tuned for gaming. If they really needed legacy support they could easily just spin up a virtualized Windows 7 instance with no hardware graphics acceleration.

The only company with any sort of true interest in keeping legacy games playable is Valve because they're the only ones offering a large library of legacy Windows games.

Attached: 1546890565234.jpg (255x200, 11K)

>surely big companies like adobe will put their software on the microsoft store and giving ms a cut of the sales
lmao
the moment that microsoft tells business to fuck off is the moment that windows dies

They already put their software on the iOS store. What makes you think the Windows Store will be any different? Big corporate developers aren't going to fight for an open platform for the little guys. You really think Microsoft won't cut special deals with developers who are big enough?
Why do you think Tencent started a game store now when they knew this was on its way?

Do you think they really have any interest in preserving Windows as an open platform? Or is it more likely they want standing for a lawsuit they can use as leverage to get preferential treatment?

What reason would adobe have to put their software on the windows store?

Microsoft literally dictating that only software from the Windows Store is allowed to run. They have no obligation to maintain support for their legacy platforms indefinitely. They've dropped support in the past and there's no reason to think they won't do it again.

Of course Adobe is big enough that this is unlikely to really affect them. They could simply release their own box that they'd lease to you as part of your subscription fee and require you to use it through remote desktop or a web interface. They'll probably knuckle under though just like they did on iOS.

>Microsoft have confirmed it is happening
Have they? After which date will Windows stop running win32 applications? Could you provide me with the official statement MS have made? I don't believe this statement exists.
>legacy support
A curious turn of phrase. The store is a failure and nobody is using it. Meanwhile every program is win32. You're calling it 'legacy' even though this is the API everyone (except MS themselves) is using, even though new software STILL uses win32. You're trying to pretend this is some 16bit crap that hasn't been used for a few decades when the reality is very, very different. No, MS is not going to suddenly drop support for the API almost all Windows software is running on. In fact, as I have said, MS themselves are expending development effort in order to run win32 on ARM. Because that's what their customers want. Win32 programs, even on ARM CPUs. If there's no win32, there is no reason for Windows to exist, as Windows RT has already proved in the real world.

so is it just being able to play Xbox one games on PC? If so I could play the XBOX version of Nier Automata bug-free...

Attached: RESTRAINT.png (673x535, 634K)

Why do you idiots think this is fascinating when a console game is designed on a fucking PC?

Not going to claim its tomorrow, the EOL dates for Microsoft's own win32 software is 2025. They're starting the phase out much sooner than that though, and as I said they have zero motivation to maintain win32 game performance. Their plan is to push developers into the closed Xbox ecosystem and then use that to force gamers into their Store.

Win32 on ARM is all about allowing businesses to migrate old software to run on Microsoft's cloud, not about anything related to gaming.

Who cares, nerd faggot. Keep your gay grandpa click games to yourself.

the day win32 dies is the day microsoft dies. It's going to be like mickey mouse with copyright. I sincerely doubt microsoft is going to convince the world to develop for UWP and go through their store exclusively. I know I would never want to host my end results exclusively on the store, i'd rather let someone download it directly.

I find this all very doubtful. More likely that the date for this keeps being pushed back until they drop it altogether. There would be simply too much consumer outrage over something like this and companies like Valve would be all too happy to start their own 32bit gaming service so that people can continue to play older titles and such.