There's no way that GF could make a Fire starter design worse than this could they? You can only go up from here right?

There's no way that GF could make a Fire starter design worse than this could they? You can only go up from here right?

Attached: Shit.jpg (1200x800, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/image/KNYyAbz9GqU6Iratbps5ig/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

incineroar is the best-designed starter ever. you need to get better taste and stop being worked and seething.

Attached: yourtears.jpg (720x576, 44K)

I like him more than shit like Tepig. Wish his earlier evolution had more to do with wrestling.

Game Freak had to put in some real effort to make a design that looked worse than Delphox and Emboar.

but emboar is also kino.

Attached: 83f.jpg (800x541, 247K)

Hopefully we get some faster starters this time. (Or at least a starter with higher than base 70 speed...)

Delphox fur clothing at least looks like an organic part of its body. Incineroar is just wearing a ripped shirt.

literally nothing is worse than Emboar. What a fucked design. The only real complaint you can have about Incineroar is the lack of body diversity Fire-type starters have. They’re all bipedal.

is his design bad? not really, but he doesn’t really look like a pokemon, and i think that’s the problem

Delphox is also the only starter to use an object as an actual tool to fight. Organic my ass.

They already made worse fire starter designs with Emboar and Blaziken

You forgot Samurott but that’s okay, it’s also a shit design

Charizard > Infernape > Incineroar = Blaziken > Emboar > Delphox > Typhlosion.

Literal fact.

Attached: 1549876127877.jpg (1024x1024, 152K)

TBQH I'm surprised how many people warmed up to it over the course of the gen. Way, way more than I expected, even here.

I ship it.

>whataboutism
I was addressing one shared aspect of the designs.

>Typhlosion
>Anywhere near last
As expected by 'le smug waifu' fag

>Best designed starter ever

That's a yikes from me.

Barafags are all disgusting.

Samurott's blades are part of its armor tho, so it get a pass. Delphox just use a wand because GF though the design was too much """""subtle""""" about the witchcraft thing i guess.

Attached: hDHOSO.jpg (299x168, 6K)

Delphox and Blaziken are good though
Charizard>Blaziken>Typhlosion>Delphox>>>Infernape>Emboar>>>Incineroar

Charizard = Blaziken = Typhlosion > Incineroar = Infernape > Delphox > Emboar

>a literal boring ass fire dragon in 1st place
That's some fucking boring AND serious shit taste.

I feel like people became more ambivalent towards it rather than straight-up dislike.

You never saw infernape and emboar?

>Design is just an animal on fire
>Stats copy pasted from Charizard
>mono-type
>Literally just get bigger as it evolve

Cope more your starter is the worst of the franchise and is literally a worst version of Charizard.

>Typhlosion
I like typhlosion. Although I prefer water starters, and my favorite type is psychic.

Samurott has magic extendo blades, they can’t be feasibly attached to its armor. But Pokemon is Pokemon, so whatever.

charizard's design is generic, infernape is way more inspired. typhlosion is generic too but is not the worse. emboar is the embodiment of lazy design. A third fire/fighting starter?

fuck you and your nasty hotdog fingers

>>Literally just get bigger as it evolve
I don't know why people shit on "it just gets bigger" when some of the worst starters are the ones that change drastically

They already have, Infernape, Delphox
and Emboar

He looks cool as fuck. Much better than that nerd ass wizard fox and fat fuck pig

That's definitely having an element of truth to it, but in spite of the your tears-meme I ended up seeing plenty of people wanting to main it or admitting they thought it was alright. Knowing our luck it'll end up bro-tier somehow in the future.

I've always hated bara and have always wanted a cat starter.
Him being "totally not a fighting type" really didn't do him any favors either.
I get he's a reference to some nip wrestler but that doesn't make me like him any better.

Hot take
They should start deviating from the grass-water-fire starter thing. I want a Pokemon game with a Ghost starter, or a Fighting starter, or a Bug starter.
Hell give me a quirky normal starter, something weird like ditto

Emboar is lazy mostly because of the typing tho. The design itself have way more though put into it than Typhlosion for exemple.
I'm sure the guy wouldn't get that much hate if it was Fire/Ground or Fire/Dark.

I don’t have a problem with people liking something based on gameplay. But I’m probably never going to get over its design. It is what it is, I suppose. Can’t really do anything about it.

Blaziken is the only design out of the 802 where the argument "looks like a Digimon" is true. It's ugly

i think its mostly a balance thing as they usually populate areas based on type-effectiveness, so early game is easier with fire, middle with water later with grass or whatever order they pick
it would certainly be a pleasant change for them to flip the whole formula right down to pokemon type placement but i don't think gamefreak is actually competent enough to do that

>Blaziken is the only design out of the 802 where the argument "looks like a Digimon" is true.
First of all you're wrong, second of all he's cool.

Attached: file.png (1772x2402, 2.13M)

Whoever designed that must have a bad time.

>Mfw we have not had a good fire starter since Monferno

Delphox is the worst already. That should've been your bar.

Why wouldn't you make a Pokémon who's partially based on the monk pig be a Fighting type?

>Shit taste detected
Typhlosion>Blaziken=Charizard>Infernape>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything that comes after

digimon aren't ugly, and blaziken doesn't look like a digimon anyway.

a lot of them are

Attached: file.png (320x320, 134K)

>They should start deviating from the grass-water-fire starter thing.
Meh.
Grass, Fire and Water are the best for a starter trio. Pokemon always try to pender to kids, every gen, this means between each gens there's potentially a lot of possible newcomers starting to play their first Pokemon game.
In this regard, the Fire, Grass, Water is the most logical and easy to comprehend way to introduce you to type advantges. Changing the typing of the starters will only please the hardcore fan who just want change for the sake of change, while making the games harder for newcomers to learn.

big facts only:
incineroar > emboar > infernape > delphox > blaziken > charizard > typhlosion

fuck you americamon is fucking great

But they are the game devs; if they changed this element, they could change other things to balance around it.

Charizard>Infernape> Blaziken> Typhlosion> Emboar> Delphox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Incineroar.

gundramon is the ultimate pleb filter. it never fails to make autists who only want "my mom's generic quadruped animals" seethe.

Incineroar is like the third coolest fire starter.

I don't know man, his desgin made it to Smash and is the star of the current generation, I think he's doing fine.

I’ll take that over Blaziken, honestly. Don’t know what’s the obsession with Pokefags and Digimon though.

I've seen digimon that aren't quadrapeds that aren't retarded.
20 guns stapled to each other is not a good monster design.

Digimon died ages ago and now they just complain about it

Monferno was stupid

kys

I hated him at first but that's because I assumed he was yet another fire/fighting starter
he's not so bad, better than Emboar and Samurott which are the most forgettable starters ever

Will we ever get a final form bipedal fire starter?

Even in this thread there's a lot of people who actually like it or think it's perfectly alright.

>Cool
>Wouldn't even look out of place in Loony Tunes

Your subjective shit literally means nothing. Here's the ABSOLUTE objective list:
Blaziken > Infernape > Incineroarp > Emboar > Delphox (sadly) > Charizard > Typhlosion

All Fire Starters look like shit.

talking about her undertale reference.

how is that a bad thing?

That is about as far from cool as you can get.

>Loony tunes are not cool

Attached: 561651.jpg (640x480, 197K)

>magic extendo blades
It sheathes them on its arms though.

Switch Typhlosion and Infernape and this is mostly accurate.
Except Blaziken is not equal to Incineroar, he's above him.

Attached: 1528993424181.jpg (500x583, 96K)

Hot take: I think every single starter Pokemon so far looks cool. Fight me.

Design: Infernape > Blaziken > Incineroar > Charizard > Typhlosion > Delphox > Emboar
Stats and Movepool: Infernape > Blaziken > Charizard > Typhlosion > Emboar > Incineroar

The blades extend when unsheathed. They’re bigger than when they’re sheathed.

I wouldn’t call a still ongoing series “dead”. But I saw no reason to even bring it up in the first place.

user just because you didn't have a childhood doesn't mean you can just say things like that.

Why would anyone fight a man who literally has no taste whatsoever?

Blaziken is better than fucking everyone because it got the most broken hidden ability ever, as well as a ridiculous mega to boot.

I should state I'm not counting hidden abilities and megas.

>He likes half the fire starters
>He likes Downs: the starter

Attached: file.png (250x250, 60K)

Chestnaught is unironically based

wrong.

He's patient zero of Pokemon's furry plague. He's straight up a dude in a fursuit. Fuck his shit ass design.

>Incineroar
>dead last in movepool and stats
>when Delphox and Typhlosion have LITERALLY nothing but Hidden Power as coverage
lmao wut? We're talking about the King of Doubles here.

pokemon attracts some really insecure and defensive fanboys for some reason.
shit, it wouldn't be such a bad thing if pokemon really did look more like digimon. there's a lot of pokemon i like, but none of them measure up to my favorite digimon (beelzemon).

Look I hate the furry shillmon as much as anyone but THE waifumon is from gen 3.

Attached: file.png (1280x1280, 825K)

I never liked physical fire types. (That and Incineroar has no physical fire move above 65 that isn't flare blitz)

Why is his back yellow instead of brown?

>a human wearing a full outfit
i mean, i get it's a thing for the series, but I don't really think most of the "human" digimon are very good designs

Attached: literally my mom's son.png (1920x4040, 2.69M)

Loony Tunes are funny, not cool. The last time they tried to be cool we got Loonatics Unleashed.

Most forgettable starter. And it's a shame cuz the bara smut is good.

It got Fire Punch with USUM. Not the best but still above 65.

Agreed

here's your (you) user
Anyone who fell for this has to be pretty new. people like incineroar but anyone who does this much is baiting for responses.

Attached: 60c.jpg (900x1357, 118K)

Yet you're ranking Blaziken, Emboar and Infernape higher? You're letting your opinions cloud a list that should be objective.

Eh, that design is less blatant. It’s humanoid but doesn’t resemble a human enough. If anything the Sistermons are blatantly human.

Attached: 855C561A-E8F7-4416-A31C-6F8024D1EB72.jpg (360x480, 67K)

Fire starters are shit anyways. Grass is truly the best. Water is ok in my book

Attached: FD821DDE-82F5-4A60-B604-F46DC67F69FF.jpg (650x950, 106K)

I never played USUM so I wouldn't have known, when csn you learn it?
First: Infernape is a mixed attacker so it can do both special and physical. Second: Blaziken and Emboar have special moves that make up for them being physical.

Chesnaught and Meganium are shit. The owl and Serperior are desperately trying to be shit.

I have to be real with you user, fire starters were never good.
Mediocre starters
Charizard
Typhlosion
Awful starters
Blaziken
Infernape
Emboar
Delphox (Delphoxisnt too awful I was tempted to put it in mediocre but its way worse than Charizard and Typhlosion)
Incineroar

Attached: 1548029743754.gif (336x256, 401K)

They designed Typhlosion already. It's only been an uphill climb from that shitshow.

Torterra>Venusaur>Sceptile
>Meganium>Serperior>>>>>Chesnaught

>Seperior
>Trying to be shit
How the fuck

i don't know why i made a pagebreak there

I’m convinced the only reason why Typhlosion is popular is because of runover from Charizard.

Typhlosion is objectively the worst in terms of stats and movepools though. It has base form Charizard's stats with the only usable move being Eruption, so it's ironically crippled even harder by stealth rocks than the god damn Fire/Flying type.

It's the worst fire type starter competitively for a good reason

Genwunner alert.

>Make a snake.
>Have the 2nd stage be a bigger snake.
>Have it suddenly be biped when it evolves again.
>It has well defined legs instead of Servine’s peg legs.
>It gets a human activity strapped onto it.

your starter is a fucking fan made reject

for each their own, but i like a lot of the humanoid designs. digimon is closer to smt than pokemon in terms of its aesthetic, so humanoids come with the territory there. that whole mad max biker aesthetic is very cool - hell biker is my favorite smt demon for the same reason.
on a side note, if you haven't watched tamers, you probably won't understand why people like beelzemon so much.

As someone who likes the design of Typhlosion, Charizard sucks ass and his forms, if useful, are also dildos

I'm curious, are you basing the stats and movepool list on personal experience? Because it's off compared to the meta, especially Incineroar who's currently dominating doubles.
But it does makes sense if your talking about playthroughs.

I'll be honest, I don't look at things from a competitive standpoint, only from an adventure standpoint.
Kinda true, thats why Typhosion is lower than Charizard.

Agreed. Quilava is cool though, shame it just evolved into a fatter and uglier version of itself instead of something actually neat.

I expect Water to get another great starter.

Attached: Water_Final_Evos.jpg (1290x615, 698K)

nope. Unovabortion.

Attached: 1550352633827.gif (250x243, 1.31M)

last two have been pretty eh but the others are good

>adventure standpoint
I'd put Charizard as the lowest fire starter in that case. Fire types do jack shit in Kanto, especially in the original Red/Blue.

Samurott is a shit tier design, but all the others are cool. Water usually wins the starter trio (or at least isn't the worst one of the three), but god damn I could not bring myself to use Samurott. I just used Jellicent instead.

water starters are consistent. They're rarely great but never awful.
Great tier
Greninja
Good tier
Swampert
Empoleon
Primarina
>okay tier
Blastoise
Feraligatr
>Meh tier
Samurott

>Delphox over Infernape
Now that's some shit taste. Sun Wukong is based

Oh no, one of my own kind betrays me.

While you can run Infernape as a mixed attacker, you will mostly invest into Attack since Close Combat is simply too important. Fire Blast and Overheat are your other alternatives, but one suffers from having 85% accuracy and the other lowers your Special Attack. The same could be said to Blaziken, but Protect is so crucial that they are always purely physical.

You will NEVER use a Special move on Emboar as it would put Reckless to waste. It's Special Attack stat isn't even that good and barely edges out Incineraor's.

>incineroar is the best-designed starter ever
You're making it too obvious, just say it's one of the best or something if you really want to get results. Be subtle.

I don't really like any of the repeat fire fightings, though he is certainly the best of them.

Primarina and Samurott were pretty bad, though not horrible.

Infernape = Typhlosion = Delphox > Emboar > Braziken = Charizard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Incineroar

Fucking kill yourself

By special moves I meant moves that only they can get like blaziken's blaze kick or emboar's heat crash (I'll be honest I worded it poorly). If it makes any Incineroar fans happy I main him in smash.

Glad to see you have good taste in gens but im sorry fire starters are just awful. ive fallen for them 3 times.
I was team tepig
I was team fenniken
I was undecided between rowlet and litten and i think you know where i ended up.

Attached: 1548526844838.jpg (473x436, 44K)

i wasn't baiting, though. i was stating facts. based roar is the greatest.

Hey you, Primarina was based.

Attached: Smug_Primarina.png (1021x988, 254K)

This is probably the only starter I picked that I found a legitimate disappointment in the main game. It's a shame since I really like the designs of the whole line, but
>Incineroar and Primarina have much better defensive typings
>they also hit harder than Decidueye's wet noodle attacks
>they're slightly slower but everything in Alola is slow so they don't even need Decidueye's extra 10 speed
Ended up dropping it for Mimikyu once I got to the ghost Walmart. The damn thing just kept fainting to attacks and couldn't hit that hard. I kept having to send in Charjabug to save its ass even fully evolved.

Attached: IMG_1714.png (475x475, 134K)

Going by patterns, Fire starter should be the "cool" one this time around.
>gen 6
>Edgycool Water Starter, Waifubait Fire Starter, Barabait Grass Starter
>gen 7
>Edgycool Grass Starter, Waifubait Water Starter, Barabait Fire Starter
It's time. I guess we'll be getting the like 50th grass waifumon tho

Primarina was actually cool, but yeah Samurott was shit.

Sorry guys, but I think Primarina looks ugly as hell.

What would fix most of them is a physical version of flamethrower. It wouldn't make everything better but it would be a start.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Attached: gen_8.png (837x452, 192K)

the fire starter was already the "cool" one in gen 7.
>Edgycool Grass Starter
decidueye was designed to appeal to redditors and furfags at the same time, it's literally the most "uncool" starter since meganium.

>Charjabug
Fuck gamefreak for not only making vikavolt slow as shit but also not letting me evolve charjabug until the last fucking island

Incineroar is my favorite starter of all time but I like fire-types and tigers, and I also feel a lot of the design complaints are overrated. I do just think of it as a big cat standing up like Feraligatr is a gator standing on two legs, nothing more or nothing less.

Gen 4 Starters > Gen 3 > Gen 1 > Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 7 > Gen 6

>decidueye was designed to appeal to redditors and furfags at the same time
>>/vp/
Back to the shithole you came from you go, autistic starter shitposter.

it's the truth. decidueye is reddit's fursona.

At least they fixed it in USUM. You can evolve it on the third island, and they added some mountain grass so Crabrawler can evolve before the league too.

Oh, well that's a entirely different thing then. Still, Darkest Lariat is better than those, despite it not being a Fire type move.

It's just that when someone mentions movepool, TMs, Move Tutors and Egg moves come into account. Incineroar has access to the most diverse movepool as it can run a lot of support moves like Snarl and Fake Out to help out it's bulk. Meanwhile, Typhlosion and Delphox have absolutely no coverage despite their offensive stats.

>japanese trying to appeal to redditors
Imagine being this brain damaged

>decidueye was designed to appeal to redditors

So your reason for disliking him is entirely for his stats? you do know that doesnt matter in the main game right?
no i could care less about that my problem is the designs. this is about designs not stats and how strong they are.

That's fine, it's all opinions dude.

I don’t get what’s wrong with
>i-it just stands up!!
I don’t understand what’s wrong with
>it just gets bigger
either

I firmly believe if it had digitigrade legs like actual cats it would've looked 10 times better, but I guess normal legs work better on a wrestler.

Decidueye's design was the biggest disappointment I've felt in the entire franchise. Fuck Game Freak's anthropomorphism boner, honestly.

I can kinda see where you're coming from. What was your starter in BW/B2W2?

While stats shouldn't matter too much in-game, Decidueye was just a mediocre mon and you could see him struggle compared to others to do anything.

>Looks like a literal man in a fursuit
>Fucked up proportions, sausage fingers
>Ruined the perfectly good and full of potential Litten line
>Gamefreak's new shillmon on the same vein as lucario and greninja
>Has a cult behind it that shitposts endlessly

>>"b-but decidueye...."

Attached: 1541815403065.gif (540x304, 2.62M)

It actually fucking does. Decidueye is so weak he actually becomes a liability in story mode. Doesn't help that SM/USUM are at least as hard as Platinum.
Also, Decidueye's design is downright terrible, beyond Incineroar and Primarina's ugliness, it's actually objectively flawed. See pic.

Attached: wingectomy.png (1545x247, 24K)

really? not the fag cat?

Why the fuck did Gamefreak turn him into a ranger when the throwing knife theme was perfectly fine

I never cared for Litten to begin with so the disappointment was less even though I dislike Incineroar's design just as much.

You might have genuine autism, coming to every thread crying about how a creature in a fantasy children's game doesn't have a completely logical and realistic design. Consider suicide.

>Looks like a literal man in a fursuit
but enough about decidueye.
>Fucked up proportions, sausage fingers
but enough about decidueye.
>Ruined the perfectly good and full of potential Litten line
incineroar saved the litten line from potential mediocrity.
>Gamefreak's new shillmon on the same vein as lucario and greninja
but enough about mimikyu, lycanroc dusk and rowlet.
>Has a cult behind it that shitposts endlessly
perfect description of his haters.

Fair enough, I've always wanted a cat starter and I got, well, that

his hands are cute

>"b-but decidueye"
Every single time

Basically every fucking starter suffers from this shitty anthropomorphism boner now. There havent been any full on "animal" starter final forms since Gen 5. Which had one Anthro starter that everyone agreed looked like absolute ass, then the next two gens all fucking three starters suffer from this curse. Its not just the starters either, it feels like we get more and more anthro pokemon each gen, and I tend to defend the newer gen designs, wondering if the jump to 3D which has animation systems better suited to humanoid bipedal characters maybe had something to do with the fact that every fucking pokemon evolves into a biped now.
I want a magical pet gamefreak, not a gay magical boyfriend.

All the starters went too far into the "flawed to be memorable" territory. It's a sound design philosophy only within reason.
Decidueye's design would be much more balanced if the edges of his wings were lined with leaf-knives, an assassin cape sort of deal, instead of the bulbous mess he has. It would also give him something to actually leaf blade with except his ass feathers.

Attached: sug.png (1857x391, 81K)

I picked tepig not knowing what i was in for.
I always pick snivy now but i love the osawott line before samurott fucks it all up.
i could care less about how good they are. you could beat a modern game with a completely shit team and do fine. This is all about aestetics. A pokemons stats should have no impact on your opinion on the design.
big ups to this guy
user i beat SM with 3 fucking pokemon
Decidueye
Muk
and Wishiwasi
The only starter with stats that cause problems is meganium. i am so fucking sick of this wing finger shit. it was a cool idea and the only problem with his design is his face. especially considering how great his pre-evolutions faces were.

Attached: meaning.jpg (167x155, 7K)

Incineroar is one of those Pokémon that you can't criticize unless you want an endless wave of people replying to you with smug cat image #26251771. Fuck you guys his design is bad like the rest of the starters

>you do know that doesnt matter in the main game right?
It mattered enough that it was lagging behind the rest of my team and I routinely switched out to an unevolved mon to cover for it. SM is full of dark types and I wasn't about to turn on EXP share just to give a single lagging, useless team member some leverage.

user how the fuck did you have this problem? he was fucking great my whole game and i used half a team.

>/vp/ anons migrate to Yea Forums now that Gen 7 no longer gains traction there.
>Said anons regurgitate every pic, sentence, and response that they have been for 4 months straight.

Attached: ChesNews.png (893x732, 475K)

While SM was probably the hardest mainline game I've played I didn't need to switch him out

>how do I make Pokemon memorable?
>I know! I’ll make them uglier!
well, he’s not wrong

I think that's the user who has a hateboner for Decidueye that has been seen shitposting in this thread and many others in the past

isn't goo dra stil an autoban because of the f.emale guy

Lycancuck detected.

>I used half a team
That's generally a better thing honestly. Less members to divide the EXP between. I wanted to use a full team of the new mons whose designs I liked the best, but Decidueye basically contributed nothing overall.

I love the Rowlet line, I just didn't like how they played in the main game. Shit was paper thin.

Hey if Yea Forums's Pokemon fanbase is dumb enough to fall for that, then they probably deserve this.
Look at this thread: almost 200 replies, barely 60 posters.
All of this because people want their taste in fictional children monster games validated. That's some nice amount of autism.

Attached: 1497252096358.gif (506x283, 3.43M)

Nigga, I'm not going to use a mon simply because I like it's design. If that were the case, I'd get clapped around online more often than I would like. Look at the first and second gen. Those two are filled with nothing but fucking shitmon that get completely and utterly wrecked. You can also learn to like a Pokémon by simply using it in battle.

like lycanroc? is that some /vp/ shitposter?

No clue who your referring to but its possible. I just dont understand how he had any trouble with a modern pokemon game. even old pokemon games can be beaten with a single pokemon without too much trouble. i beat firered with just a charizard as a kid and only struggled at the elite 4.

>That's generally a better thing honestly. Less members to divide the EXP between
user exp share hasn't divided xp in like 3 generations

>typhlosionfags reveal themselves to always have shit taste

Every time.

I can't wait for another Fire Fighting starter

God I wish Sage was an actual pokemon game

Attached: file.png (2790x2025, 1.96M)

i kind of like the goat but i'm not too hot on the other two

Imagine seething so hard at logical criticism that you respond with strawmen like this, which only proves it right. Being fantasy doesn't immunize a design against being retarded. If Charizard had boulders for wings, and used them to fly, would you handwave it with "it's fantasy," or would you go "that looks fucking retarded?" I guess it depends on if you have standards, which you clearly don't.

>completely ignore the 1st Evo being transitional.

if thats the issue i should've had that in my second playthrough. i used a comfey the whole game and had no problems. that thing is far worse than decidueye.
user, Pokemon is all about the pokemon. Use pokemon you like in the main game. If you care about online raise a team for it when you beat the fucking game. dont force yourself to use pokemon because they're stong and have some fucking fun. Keep competitive stuff separate from the main adventure.

Attached: h8lp5XDQ_400x400.jpg (400x400, 14K)

a white man made those cups that said white tears that so many posted with and he made bank

The sad irony is its feet go digitigrade (standing on toes, heels lifted) in the Dream World art and Double Blaze TCG card. Its hands become paw-like with fingers curled slightly and right next to each other (still long as fuck, but paw-like) in its concept art, "Johto vs Alola" art, and Double Blaze TCG art, and both of those alongside being on four legs in SM90. I firmly believe if they made its hands and feet look like those examples in default you could sate both people who like it as-is and people who want a more animalistic design, able to draw it four-legged without complaint (even moreso than this pic from the anime).

I also agree with just getting bigger and nothing else is darn fine, although a definitely-able-to-be-quadruped-Roar would probably be the best complement between reality and just-gets-bigger.

Attached: QKC6Dso.png (2046x1174, 2.2M)

Shit like this image suffers from the "evolution is just growing older" shit that so many fan designs suffer from. The only gen that really had this issue was Gen 2, which are some of the most boring starters as a result (not bad, just boring), having a big twist to the design at the final stage generally works out well. It would just be nice if Gamefreak decided on something else besides "becomes humanoid"

Why yes user. I too am confounded by Decidueye's loss of the quill sockets but that's just how GameFreak operates now.

Attached: Dartrix.png (670x402, 100K)

First of all, using "half a team" gives you an exp advantage just like soloing with a starter. Second, Muk is stupid strong in story mode, so an overleveled Muk would easily carry you.

>changed from fire fighting at the last minute

How is it in any way a fighting type?

I'll buy a fagtendo bitch for a good pokemon game but unfortunately GF is incompetent. I expect the worse from them and have never been disappointed.

Have you seen Rito in BotW? That's how you do arm wings. Or hell, Falco. Decidueye was terrible.

>Fuck we made another fire fighting
>just after we got done with that shit
>hey just change the official typing to fire/dark, no one will notice

You assume career shitposters reside to one board. They literally transplanted the LINK'S awakening shitposting to /vp/.

It still gives half exp to your party. Three Pokemon means full exp distributed between less mons, unless you're some autist who switches every Pokemon in to get full exp.

Go suck delphox's cock

unless i just remember wrong i thought they've had it as "everyone gets the same base xp without dividing it up" for a while now

I feel like Gamefreak has always been a pretty small developer well suited for making 2D sprite based games like all the pokemon games from GB -> DS, then suddenly they had to dev for 3DS and were obligated to make a 3D game, refused to grow their development team at all and had no clue what they were doing thus the games instantly became smaller, emptier, unfinished, and completely lacking in soul (somehow even the fucking music on the whole got far worse, despite gen 1-5 having consistently excellent music). Gotta wonder if the entire team just fucking quit before the 3DS or something.
I don't have high hopes for the game getting revealed tomorrow but its essentially GF's last chance to try to prove to me they can make a good pokemon game in 3D, I'll probably finally drop the series once they prove to me that they cant.

It was a shitpost towards Incineroar.

nope. if anything decidueye carried my team. muk got his ass handed to constantly if anything he was the weakest link. theres alot of fighting types around. plus in my second playthrough i used 6 mons and one was a comfey, a much weaker pokemon, who never had any issues.
there's nothing wrong with any of these. Decidueye had a very unique idea.
>owl who uses a hoodstring to shoot arrows from his hands which scopes him in like a sniper
>a cat wrestler.

Attached: 1546998886045.jpg (250x191, 6K)

It doesn't divide the total, but only Pokemon who were in the battle get full exp. The rest get half exp. So a smaller party still results in overleveling.

Does it really matter? Higher leveled Pokemon get less exp, it’s much more difficult to overlevel as a result.

Smahs showed the feet could work so idk

If the issue was the type, where is the problem when it's not actually a fighting type? You can't use it like any of the other fighting types, it loses to and beats different things.

Attached: 05770f1ece2e69695f33ae922dee7cc5.jpg (1600x920, 520K)

>concept art already shows heel wrestling
>"last minute change"

>Decidueye had a very unique idea
Yeah, that's great and all, but having a great concept doesn't automatically make a design good.

There is something wrong when the first two forms are about throwing knives then suddenly you go archery. And yes there is something wrong when your arms are retarded pancake wings, when other games did them fine

Wrestling, even Heel wrestling, would probably make most people think "fighting" rather than "Evil"

>A third fire/fighting starter?
It's only bad because it was in a row. Nobody says anything that we have 3 pure Grass and 3 pure Water starters.

Unique =/= good. The bowstring does jack shit. The force is from the bow being pulled and snapping back into place, flinging the arrow forward. Decidueye's arm can't do that without amputating. They even realized this and made them magic ghost arrows. So the whole contraption is completely pointless. Like if Blastoise had water catapults on its back instead of just cannons.

Literally the worst looking starter of all time you disgusting fucking furries

>>concept art already shows heel wrestling
ok user
now tell me what wrestling is
just like sumo wrestling

Attached: file.png (899x899, 704K)

Only because there are idiots who forgot its professional wrestling. Meaning showmanship than actual fighting. It is fucking kayfabe for fucks sake.

No, that's fucking retarded.

Test

I still dont see the problem besides the semantics of how his bow wing works which doesnt fucking matter in the slightest. my only problem is his face is a but weird. not awful but not cute like his pre-evolutions.
once again, its a fucking pokemon and the physics problems with this are meaningless.

So you're a faggot who thinks all wrestling is the same. And again, sumo wrestling is literally different from professional wrestling. Your only point of contention is Hawlucha but they actually gave a reason for him (Hawlucha think wrestling is real)

I love him

You guys think he is a top or bottom?

Attached: B6831169-4DD3-4D6B-9D4D-D540ABD80814.jpg (1489x2047, 325K)

i don't care about the competitive viaiblity of them it's just so fucking boring that 4/7 of the starters have been fire/fighting with three of those in a row.

A lot of people might not realise this, but Decidueye's wing dislocate everytime he folds them.

Good thing Incineroar is not a fighting type.

>So you're a faggot who thinks all wrestling is the same. And again, sumo wrestling is literally different from professional wrestling.
I never said they were the same, I said they were wrestling, which is a fighting sport.
Like blaziken is a kickboxer, infernape is i dunno mma? or some shit, emboar is sumo wrestling, and incineroar is normal wrestling
>Your only point of contention is Hawlucha but they actually gave a reason for him (Hawlucha think wrestling is real)
This is getting kind of sad now. You can be fine with the aesthetic, I don't like it and I think it's dumb they do it so much, but I don't understand why people try to deny it.

right user, he's just a fire-type human that wrestles
that's totally not fighting
except when it is for hawlucha apparently, that other guy has had inconsistency thrown at him so much he made up some excuse for it

How many times do i have to teach you this lesson old man? Its a fictional character. I dont care about the botched physics of a fictional character. I dont see people this bothered by other unrealistic things in vidya. since when did people care about physics in pokemon?

Attached: 1541181776927.png (379x384, 185K)

On one hand he's a shit design, on the other hand I respect his hustle. He dabs on his haters and memed his way into Smash.

Regardless of whether the wings would work or not, they look like shit. They genuinely look like wings as drawn by a small child, they're all blobby and lacking in detail to the point they barely even resemble bird wings.
Look at this shit I just plucked off of Google images. That's what they should have looked like.

Attached: 1480118823.png (1280x800, 414K)

You sound really ass-blasted Incineroar isn't a fighting-type, but I guess Yea Forums is that stupid to not know pokemon types.

>he still insists wrestling is all the same

i'm ass-blasted that we had a chance at a good cat starter and we ended up with barashit
it being a wrestler is just icing on the shitcake

This is a blue board, user.

Seems fine to me as a cat starter, real tigers are pretty jacked when it comes to muscles.

The physics problem isn't that it wouldn't work. Lots of things in Pokemon wouldn't work physically. It's that it's actually less effective than just fucking throwing the thing. It's needlessly complicated to its own detriment. Fantasy is not immune from being nonsensical. Pokemon, like all other fiction, established a certain level of realism, a low one in Pokemon's case, and Decidueye fails to live up to even that. It's like if Hitmonchan fought only by headbutting people. Sure it works, but wouldn't it make more sense to just fucking punch them?

FACT:
only nerds dislike fire starters

Attached: 7693f59149350cef61efce39f6362e22.jpg (500x731, 76K)

The people on Incineshit's cult of personality don't have enough braincells to realize that

are you retarded

the physics alone isn't the problem - it reflects in its design. it's one of those designs that was probably conceived in 2d but forgot to make it work, hence why it has 2 models

I ship the trapfox and trapseal.

>normal wrestling

there's your problem, fucking professional wrestling is distinct user

>sad

no, you're the one who's sad for being dumb and insisting it's the same

I don't know, starters hatewagons are overblown this gen, everyone nitpick about everything to show how superior their starter choose is compared to the other, when in reality they're all good.

honestly I think fire starters are the weakest of the 3
all the bipedal-ness and fire fighting is a big problem

>fucking professional wrestling is distinct user
and you're saying that hawlucha and incineroar practice different types of wrestling?

so you're retarded then

I bet you believe that twitter screencap of an "incineroar fan"

>No TRUE incineroar fan

Fact:
There only 3 good Fire starter designs. Charizard, Blaziken and Infernape.

>he thinks luchalibre is the same as professional wrestling and puroresu

there's a reason luchalibre shit gets adapted into those two - it has its own style and flair (particularly aerial acrobatics)

there are, they don't shitpost or do obvious falseflag

>starters hatewagons are overblown this gen
Have you considered that it's because the starters are genuinely fucking terrible? Nobody holds back criticism online. There's no reason for a disingenuous reaction. People just really hate these ugly faggots.

user so you want decidueye to have realistic bird wings? The wings look fucking fine. this pic just made them pointed, is that really a fucking issue?
user yes it is. fanasy can be as nonsensical as it wants and doesnt matter. it would also be more effective if pokemon just had fucking guns but that isnt a problem.
>Level of realism
the fuck not even remotely. besides the new movie pokemon has NEVER cared about realism in the slightest.
how does his wings hurt his design whatsoever?
>all good
fuck no
>overblown this gen
absolutely. Decidueye and Incineroar are the most controversial starters who will ever exist.

Or you know, people like to shitpost. Hell, the fact that it's online reaction imply it is overblown. No one in real life conversation makes big shit like that,.

Lmfao, He's not even in the top 10

I was moreso talking about starterwars, but even then ,if everyone just hated all 3 of them there wouldn't be as much shitposting, you'd think people would just not want to talk about them, but they're actually popular.

again, wing pancakes

What about farfeteched?

user it's a top 15 and specifically for WOMEN

he's not a cutemon nor a merchmon, yet somehow he managed to rank up there on something for females, that's still commendable, especially when most of those top mons already fell out of popularity

Based pyscho fire ape is only second to charizard.

user. this is such an small thing to harp on. his wings are big and round? the fuck is wrong with that?

>fanasy can be as nonsensical as it wants and doesnt matter
Okay, good to know that you have absolutely zero standards, and Gamefreak could put no effort into its designs and you'll handwave any flaws as "lol it's fantasy who cares."

>pokemon has NEVER cared about realism in the slightest.
Jesus CHRIST you're a fucking idiot. If they didn't care "in the slightest" Pokemon would be a bunch of abstract scribbles and colors clipping through each other. No, you shit eating retard, Pokemon is based in a material fantasy world with physics, gravity, elements, living organisms and creatures with coherent anatomy and real world inspiration. Like the very vast majority of fantasy. And if you suddenly saw Frodo turning into a giant pink kangaroo and melting mount doom with eye lasers, you would say, "that's fucking retarded," even though it's fantasy.

Develop some standards you stupid bitch.

>Baramon does well with women

I noticed a lot of its non-ironic fans around the net who make fan-stuff for it are girls as well, I guess it's still just a big cat to a lot of normies in the end. I even see art of it being treated like an oversized cat too since Smash.

faggot can't ever shut up about based cat. they must love incineroar then

Why would they shitpost specifically about this more than other things, particularly other gens, even in their time? You're not giving an actual alternative reason, or rather, any reason besides the most practical one?

>and creatures with coherent anatomy
magmar shouldn't be able to exist because it's like over 2000 degrees and half-made of fire
then there's all the other fire pokemon, and the 20 or so ghost pokemon that eat people
pokemon does not care for realism

I'll be real with you user, I've seen more shitposting for Decidueye over the life of the gen and Primarina just gets straight-up ignored.

>kino
not even close

Grass either has the best or the worst starters of the gen, never the one in the middle.
>Great tier
Sceptile
Torterra
>Mediocre but better than the rest tier
Serperior
Decidueye
>Decent but worse than the rest tier
Meganium
Venusaur
>Shit tier
Chesnaught

I mean they tend to do. I'll let you in on a secret.

many bara/kemobara artists are female

Certainly not the best. That’s probably Torterra or Feraligatr.

But Incineroar is great. He’s basically a litmus test for whether or not someone has good taste in Pokémon

Because it looks retarded, which is the point. Compare other birds who use wings for hands and it looks laughable in comparison.

user how the fuck are these related. the fact pokemon is nonsensical doesn't mean somehow every design is good, Nonsensical does not exclusively equal good pokemon. this entire argument is a fucking mess. Something can be nonsensical and still be shit. pokemon being nonsensical is what keeps the designs interesting and lets the artists get creative. I think this user said this better than i could. nonsensical doesn't mean all anatomy is out the window

Attached: 1545965824689.gif (384x288, 388K)

>Why would they shitpost specifically about this more than other things, particularly other gens, even in their time?
Because Gen 6 gave Charizard and Greninja special treatment above the other starters with 2 Mega Evolutions for Zard and a special form for Greninja on top of anime and Smash, even Blaziken got some, so people wanted their gen 7 starter to be the standout or "new Greninja" so they get the same treatment.
The starter favoritsm really started showing in the last 2 gens save for Charizard.

Based on this and what said does that mean all the anons defending or liking it in this thread are women?

Because it gets reactions. For fucks sake it was on smash, that alone meant big reactions.

I fucking love Chesnaught so much goddamn it

So because pokemon has physics, gravity, elements and living things it has to have the same rules as our world.
Pokemon has its own physics and doesnt need to make any sense in our world. How do you enjoy anything if you need fantasy to follow realistic rules?

I mean I like him and I'm a guy, but it's not surprising it has female fans

even non-bara style incineroar you still see female fans, they tend to see him as cute especially when they pair him with chicken-chan

Their genitals are definitely feminine.

>it has fantasy elements therefore it doesn't care about realism AT ALL, so anything goes
Can someone actually be this basic? You have to be shitting me. You cannot be this dense.
The Decidueye equivalent to your examples would be if Magmar, being made of fire, fights primarily by throwing rocks. And ghost Pokemon ate people by painting portraits of them.

That’s a very bizarre complaint, considering some of /vp/‘s favorite starters just kind of “Grow older”.

>Sceptile
>Swampert
>Feraligatr
>The Sinnoh starters

They just kind of get bigger, but they pull of their concept rather well, and I’d say that’s their main appeal. Consider Turtwig’s she going from having a sapling on it, to having bushes, to having a tree and little mountain peaks on it. The bird does this, but less dramatically. As a baby, its tail is a bulb, but as it approaches its final evolution, it begins to bloom.

This.

There's a reason that only decidueye has two models - because they designed him in a way that his body moves in an unbelievable way.

Charizard is overrated as fuck

user, i am genuinely getting sick of this anatomy shit, Why does his body need to move in a realistic fashion
Its a pokemon user

Attached: 1541632199635.png (275x326, 110K)

Sinnoh starters aren't just it just gets bigger though. I think the problem is that "it just gets bigger" doesn't convey the actual problem or criticism - that the evolved form doesn't really do anything beyond mimicking the first form.

Professional wrestling is an act, user. Incineroar is a professional wrestler. Specifically a heel. He’s supposed to be overtly villainous, but in a playful way. But he’s still a wrestler, hence why he learns fighting type moves. Hawlucha is a face, or a good guy. He doesn’t fight dirty, so that’s why he doesn’t have a dark typing. Meanwhile, Incineroar learns a move where he chops you right on the neck and prevents you from speaking.

Incineroar is fucking amazing with intimidate, git gud

...user, we call that convention of design

no amount of "it's just fiction" will make people not groan on Pikachu having its head be taken off and feel fine

>t. furry

Just a fun fact; when a Pokémon is designed, they start with the question of what it eats, or if it eats at all.

Think about that.

Incineroar doesn't even learn a lot of fighting moves. Hell, he doesn't learn a throw move because the throw moves are all martial arts style throwing, not actual wrestling throws.

alright, so we've acknowledged that incineroar is a wrestler who learns fighting type moves, but he's dark because he's a bad guy instead of a good guy, and that the good guy wrestler is a fighting type
so, where in that do you get upset over people calling incineroar a fighting type?

Don't you fags have a board

Blaziken > Typhlosion >> Charizard >>> Infernape >>>>>>>> Everything else

last 4 waters in a row have been trash
they'll never top swampert

Actually, a more apt analogy would be if Magmar used flint and tinder to make fire.

Because he’s not a fighting type. He’s Fire/Dark. It’s not that deep.

but you are aware that he is very heavily stylized towards a fire/fighting pokemon, correct? I don't care about if it gets STAB from a move or not I just dislike the aesthetic

Actually, it would be like if it made fire by pouring water on things. Both convoluted AND nonsensical. Like Decidueye's design.

No, gamefreak will surely find a way. Nothing can stop this train sliding down the mountain.

He’s stylized more towards dark. He’s Fire/Dark type.

Begone filthy furry scum

user...
It is a pokemon
it is not a real animal
it does not need to move like a real animal
it doesn't need to abide by realistic physics
whether you like it or not it is just fiction
Shit like this applies to pokemon who truely look cumbersome to be. Like regice or brongzong

Attached: 1548655829855.jpg (225x225, 6K)

because
>he was conceived as a fighting first but swapped!!

also there's more to the design than "evil wrestler"

>He's a bad guy wrestler and he learns fighting type moves
>He's a dark type
>He's a good guy wrestler and he learns fighting type moves
>He's a fighting type
I don't know if anyone has ever that said seriously but I haven't, I just think it's a dumb choice.

So what the fuck was Typhlosion anyways?

Not sure about that, since before their types were revealed people assumed it was fire/fighting, since it just looks like that.

he never even fights user

the whole thing is a good litmus test on what casuals think of wrestling

A lot of people also assumed he was a Dark type because they actually knew what a heel was.

>A lot of people also assumed he was a Dark type because they actually knew what a heel was.

>Infernape
>Emboar
>bad
Kill yourself.

starts as a long-nose shrew as Cyndaquil and evolves into a badger as Typhlosion

He’s a dick. He’s a dark type.

Also that 4th line doesn’t mean much. Being able to learn moves of a different type don’t exactly make you that type.

>Emboar
>Good
kill yourself

you haven't been anywhere have you? there are people who unironically think like that

and it's more of he is a showman than a fighter

>Green Text

That’s what he said, yeah

How do they know its a heel when all they have to go by is a concept sheet of it fighting something and acting as a stove?

Attached: 1478215182795.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

To be fair, A lot of people did assume he was a dark type because of the concept art showing it playing dirty and the clear inspiration from tiger mask/tiger the dark.
Or rather, they hoped it was a dark type.

The belt. It’s a champion’s belt, and heels are usually the final boss of a pro wrestling tournament

except those cumbersome pokemon move in a cumbersome way, decidueye literally would move like someone from garrys mod if no model swap was made

What does that say about the Machop line then?

Most likely the asian mist and table flip, it's also based on a heel wrestler irl.

Based user. Always thought Typhlosion was a piece of shit that everyone only liked because Silver/Gold hit the right time in their childhood and every child loves fire. They're basically the kids who needed to like the secondary character over the mainstream one.

not a rat

nigga its concept art literally has him smacking a table on pikachu and spewing poison

That darks didn't exist back then you actual retard.

See, I thought that way back during emboar, and they haven't made one WORSE than that but they also haven't made one significantly better.

Attached: concernedshark.jpg (4032x3024, 3.1M)

>That darks didn't exist back then you actual retard.
Oh jesus christ you've gone full retard.
Please try to explain to me how the machop line is dark.

Attached: Laughing planeswalkers.jpg (850x500, 241K)

>the belt for showmanship
>the way he fights dirty with a chair and the poison mist
It's more obvious than what most people tend to believe.

Now that the thread is dead can we all agree that fire starters are consistently the shittiest starters of their Gens and that Grass and Water are miles ahead? How could they fuck up the most braindead cool typing so much?

Fire starters:

>Charizard 8/10
>Typhlosion 7/10
>Blaziken 4/10
>Infernape 9/10
>Emboar 4/10
>Delphox 5/10
>Incineroar 5/10

Compare that to based Grass:

>Venusaur 8.5/10
>Meganium 6/10
>Sceptile 8/10
>Torterra 10/10
>Serperior 8/10
>Chesnaught 7.5/10
>Decidueye 6/10

And Water:

>Blastoise: 7/10
>Feraligatr: 8.5/10
>Swampert: 9.5/10
>Empoleon: 9/10
>Samurott: 4/10
>Greninja 10/10
>Primarina 8.5/10

Fire starters are so far behind most of the time, which is a real shame because the typing itself has tons of cool pokemon if you're not looking at the starters, like Volcarona, Ninetales or Darmanitan.

Attached: 51309647_p18_master1200.jpg (500x654, 237K)

no that guy is a retard, don't mind him

with that said machamp line isn't a wrestler in spite of the belt, in fact bbers used to have belts for trophies too

user how the fuck would it be so hard for him to move? His legs are just like a normal bird, he can walk just fine. his wings wrap around his whole body so they aren't it the way.

Attached: 1535670235764.gif (220x220, 56K)

>Usually
It’s not exactly a rule, user. Plus, Champion belts shift often. There’s no reason to assume Machamp didn’t just recently defeat a Heel to become champ. Then there’s the matter of Incineroar having a brash demeanor, his constant smirk, his refusal to not pose menacingly. He screams heel.

Mew can’t learn Crabhammer.

You first faggot

>primarinafag

every fucking time, go flaunt your polls elsewhere

>Blaziken 4/10
>Primarina 8.5/10
nigga u for real

In what way did I say machop line was dark?
Unfuck your autism and reread my post.

Empoleon and Torterra alone are better than any fire starter. Water is by far the most consistent though. Grass has some boring ones and while I love Chesnaught I know it's fucking reviled by many. Decidueye to a point as well. Samurott is the only weak link of water though.

Blaziken is the worst looking Fire Starter

his legs are of a normal bird but they're stretched out long, and they make him pose like a fucking human being

his wings wrap but then his bones magically disappear, in fact it's your reasoning why they made two models - they can't structure his arms properly to do the "wrap" because it's impossible

No fuck you fire beard is cool

He's the second worst fire starter.

>was told owlfags are just memers
>posts here have "i hate incineroar love decidueye"

Samurott isn't even disliked that much outside of here.

I hate incineroar because he ruined the chance at a good cat starter.
I don't really love decidueye or primarina but they're certainly fucking better than him.

but he's a good cat starter. you may not like him, but he is far from bad

Worst fire starter is Delphox, no fucking contest. This is coming from a faggot that starts with fire almost every time, they're just so fucking shit I went with grass that time.

Inceneroar is second best to Typhlosion. He's just so goofy I can't help but like him.

Attached: tfw death's door.png (553x435, 283K)

Stop avartarfagging

>Greninja
>10/10

It’s actually the weakest design of the Kalos finals because its gimmick isn’t fully realized. We can see exactly how Delphox and Chesnaught do their things, but Greninja just kind of generates the water directly from his hands. You could chalk that up to him being a ninja, but I’d rather there be an explanation for its water tricks.

When was the last time a final evo didn't ruin a starter? Gen IV?

Well, that's up to you.

>tfw anti-owls are just as if not more mad then the most devout owlfags from SM's launch month.
archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/image/KNYyAbz9GqU6Iratbps5ig/

him being good or not is entirely subjective, as you've said in your post, but that's without saying in 99% of all arguments on this site
chimchar wasn't good from the start so you can't exactly ruin it

Gen I, venusaur is mediocre compared to ivynasaur

I don't believe this when mamoswine exists.
The same reason they made a pokemon partially based on a Komodo dragon dragon/fighting instead of dragon/poison.

only smash does that, in every other iteration he uses his nodes to summon water

pretty much, it's sad and hilarious

I actually dislike typhlosion the most. Not that he’s got a bad design; I think the concept of a rat that just bursts into flames is cool. But I like what they do with the concept of Delphox more.

What about mamoswine makes it hard for you to imagine what it eats?

*blocks your path*

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg (550x341, 67K)

Frogs constantly excrete moisture through their skin. It was probably the best species they could use for a character that "conjures" water. The nonsensical part of it is how it shapes it into a throwing star, when even water deities like Kyogre and Manaphy can't form water into elaborate solid constructs. The only justification I buy is that Pokemon have been making star shaped projectiles since gen 1 with Swift.

Attached: twnckqh3ALZH1scuau3o7_1280.jpg (1280x908, 183K)

fighting becuse general and journey to the west

no, what is questionable is why he is fire type when it should be water type

pretty good for how many pokemon you're rating but chesnaught deserves a 4 or 5 and 10 seems a bit much for greninja, maybe a 9 instead

imagine actually disliking incineroar

Attached: 1551219947802.gif (932x716, 130K)

As the series went on they started going for concept mon more than animal element mon. I personally like the change. I'd say Gen IV kicked it off with Goku Monkey, King Penguin and World Tortoise.

Based Yea Forumsie

It can't eat. Picture it trying to use its pig snout to dig through the ground. The tusks get in the way.

Eh, I suppose I can see what you mean. I just don't like gen 6 in general so I'm pretty biased against it, even for the good shit, but I also think delphox is just flat out ugly. I also just love how simple typhlosion is.

To each their own I suppose.

to be fair even Gen III has that

>Nodes

Well that makes it better I guess.

I think it’s only a 10/10 when you consider its other choices.

Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja are a deliberate reference to fighter, mage, and thief archetypes, complete with the weapons their signature moves use, and that will never not be incredible to me.

>We can see exactly how Delphox and Chesnaught do their things, but Greninja just kind of generates the water directly from his hands

But that's completely wrong. Every media shows it pulls the water from the shuriken marks on its legs. Even in the manga.

>It’s actually the weakest design of the Kalos finals because its gimmick isn’t fully realized

Exactly the opposite. It's the only one that realizes it completely. Delphox not only becomes visually bland, it continues using the same wand its preevo used. Absolutely no progression. Why not have it wield a staff instead? Chesnaught is actually a bit underrated, but i agree with those saying the shiny colour scheme should be the default one. 90% of the issue that people have with it is the oversized arms and his baldness. If they gave him cute generic ears he wouldn't be so reviled.

Greninja is interesting visually; has insanely memorable silhouette and defining features; takes risks that make sense to the species it's based on and i also backed by japanese folklore. It does everything right.

Attached: Whatthosestarsarefor.gif (500x280, 2M)

Why would you lie on an anonymous imageboard like this

I like how Smash made them partners.

Attached: DvroW99UcAAGTnz.jpg (1000x742, 113K)

SHIT You’re right. Maybe it could position itself so that its mouth is directly above food, and then lower itself down onto it?

How's it going to crane its neck down to get the stuff at its knees if it doesn't have a neck? Its mouth is too high up, unlike swinub and piloswine.

What are sceptile and swampert supposed to be then?

Might as well ask.

What do you think will this gen's starter be the bara bait? Every gen has one, some even more.

Swampert yeah I got nothing, Sceptile is ninja.

Delphox also loses its pre-evo's matchstick visual, making the wand completely bland. Not surprised at all that Pokken chose Braixen. They really should have turned it into a branch staff kind of deal, with the flame evoking a witch's broom.

Attached: sKaT5oF.gif (169x152, 556K)

how do you get ninja out of "giant bipedal leaf tailed gecko with sword arms"

The first part is correct. I should watch more supplementary material, I didn’t realize it kept its bubble gimmick all the way through. However, Delphox does employ the use of a slightly longer stick upon evolving. The Pokédex describes it as a Branch, whereas Braixen’s is a twig. Certainly though, more could be done to give it a mage aesthetic; while the cloak is nice, if it had, say, a hat made of fur (maybe you could achieve this by making the ears a certain shape), that would completely dash any doubts about what it is. Meanwhile, Greninja and Chesnaught have a body part that perfectly demonstrated what they are (The tongue scarf and the nutshell armor).

>Incineroar = Blaziken
>Typhlosion last

Pleb tier

Too lazy to make a proper order for the rest, but design wise, I like Infernape the most, while Typhlosion is the lamest.
For water starters, the best one would be Empoleon, while the worst one is Samurott.
For grass starters, the best one would be Torterra, while the worst one is Meganium.
In fact, I find it surprising myself that the Sinnoh starters are the only region where I like all 3 of the starters.

>Not even the highest rated
actually seething

I wanted to like Incineroar but I just can't get past the arms and fingers.

they're all so fat

I like Chesnaught only because I'm a sucker for anything paladin themed

Attached: Screen-Shot-2016-05-02-at-4.19.06-PM.png (1009x681, 419K)

To all the people who like Typhlosion. Get some better taste. It's easily one of the most boring Pokemon out their.

i like the way you think
have you ever seen a secratary bird? trust me he can fucking move fine.

Attached: 1537744280782.png (272x356, 92K)

this is plague's doing, isn't it.

the eyes.

He can basically make knuckle dusters out of his shell. Him using needle arms actually does this. And his shell is bulletproof. He’s fucking cool, man.

literally fights like one

And? At least it's in the poll.

>it's the primarinafags thinking they "are the best" when rowlet beats it
>but muh final evos

>incineroar is the best-designed starter ever

Attached: 1548357680921.gif (400x300, 814K)

Secretary birds have thin, bony legs with visible joints, not bellbottoms with retarded feet.

>leg is covered by feathers
>wtf how is it supposed to walk I can't see the joint
I'm not a fan of decidueye either but you're a tard

Blaziken is the coolest fighter starter because he literally kicks the shit out of everything. Muay Thai chicken, motherfucker, zipping around and giving you a fucking roundhouse kick that’s on fire. Tell me how that’s not the dopest shit ever.

No look at their join placement.

best post ive seen today
this argument is finally dead

Can I please get water barazoku starter that looks similar to the one shown in ?