Is this good game?

Is this good game?

Attached: 2310571-2230353-dying-light-2013523175751_8.jpg (958x960, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onlysp.com/chris-avellones-role-in-dying-light-2-clarified/
youtu.be/98oJYDRblLI
youtube.com/watch?v=0248pUAteWk
vg247.com/2018/07/03/dying-light-2-chris-avellone-techland-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=Yy1feRXjZ_c
youtube.com/watch?v=IK4hRLa6RPE
youtube.com/watch?v=IInfku0nqAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

The story is as bland and generic as they come but I thought the gameplay loop was very enjoyable. I think it's a slightly above average game whose enjoyability is enhanced if you're in a post-apoc or zombie mood. The coop is also great if you have friends to play with.

yeah, the DLC was a little mediocre in places, the open spaces weren't good for parkour and the buggy just wasn't as fun
I look forward to the sequel.

I really enjoyed it gameplay wise especially on the hardest difficulty. It's fucking terrifying at first but over time you become a zombie killing machine
Story is really bad. The ending is even worse.

Yes. Imagine dead usland, but much smoother and responsive with better physics with a dash of parcore.

Yes, it's really good. It's a blast in coop with friends

Mindless fun. It's a solid 8/10 game, but you'll most likely won't be replaying it after a first time.

It’s literally one of the best zombie games ever made if not THE best

it's got fun gameplay but very mediocre story

It's one of the only new games I'm genuinely excited for, especially since it looks like they're doubling down on the RPG elements and putting some actual effort into the writing.

Yeah, the first few nights were terrifying. I loved the feeling of hearing my watch beep and having to decide if I should risk looting just a bit more or sprint to the nearest safehouse. I just wish that anxiety lasted most of the game. Even on the hardest difficulty you eventually start stomping the volatiles.

You can get two enjoyable playthroughs out of it if you start solo and then replay it in coop.

I don’t know if they buffed the volatiles or something but last time I played they were suddenly a huge threat again

I think the first night mission was the most terrified I have been playing a game. It does become too easy though. A lot of games have this issue with similar leveling systems like Prey

so canon ending is the main guy turns into multiplayer monster right?

Iirc the dlc ones were bit tougher.

I tended to interchange co-op and then solo, that's why I played it thoroughly once (still got out 80 hours not bad). Be the zombie mode was cool too.

It's just too hard to make the player feel like they're growing stronger while still making enemies a serious threat. Most of the time the developer goes too far in either direction.

Nope, it's shit yet some faggots here like to overrate the absolute hell out of it for some reason.

The grappling hook removes so much of the danger, especially at night. Game should have had more volatiles roaming the rooftops.

First mission out at night was fucking great.

It's pretty fucking based. No to mention it organically combines platforming and combat, in 1st person on top.

For what it is (a sandbox, open world, zambie slasher with parkour), it's great.

Yes. Jumping around and throwing weapons at zombies is pretty fun.

And the worst part is that the grappling hook is the best part of the mid and late game so it can't be removed.

worth it for the gameplay, I enjoyed it a great deal

just ignore everything else

What?

Attached: E6A9B009-A229-4E4D-9CA0-75C9CF5478EF.jpg (437x393, 63K)

Can be a grind fest, better with cheats

I can't wait how will they ruin the second one by deep story with meaningful choices™. And lot of correctness.

>tfw going through Old Town without Grapple Hook
kill me now

So when's Hellraid?

Why does everything need to be an RPG maaaan?

Attached: pepe fuck.jpg (494x466, 25K)

>take the one thing lacking about the first game and improve it times thousand
I see no problem

Parkour is fun
solid variety of melee weapons
dropkick is meme tier overpowered
Human VS Human combat is boring
the game's difficulty utterly fucking folds on itself the instant you get your hands on a gun and a reliable source of ammo

You're a fucking faggot.

Attached: 431.png (290x333, 95K)

Chris Avellone is writing DL 2.

The added mobility is great, they just never balanced out the fact that it lets you instantly and safely escape from any danger you run into at street level.

It's been awhile since I've played but aren't guns utterly fucking garbage?

Attached: 1550279367531.jpg (1024x580, 37K)

dont forget
>dat paid dlc
>dat season pass
>oh hell how about a season pass for those season passes!

Fuck off, I don't like grind fest

They're useless anything but human enemies.

>using guns
its like you love having Virals smashin your face in

Breakable weapons was the reason I stopped playing it. Infected zombies are overpowered too.

all human enemies and almost all zombies die in 1 headshot
the semi-auto shotgun BREAKS the game being able to kill damn well anything in seconds

>im a stupid shitter that couldn't git gud

dont care, go back to your tumblr facebook garbage

Yes very. Story was pretty forgettable, but the villians dick you over hard enough to keep you engaged. Also a small child draws you a picture and i like that sort of thing.

You know what? I'm going to reinstall this.

I had a lot of fun playing it with a friend.

Something I don’t see mentioned very often is the city itself.
Like where in the world is it supposed to take place? I think the whole city feels so unique and like a mix of diffetent real life locations

It's inspired by Turkish cities I think. Harran is an actual town in Turkey.

I played hard mode co-op with my friend. once I found a gun we just started shooting all the tough enemies in the face and laughing at how fucking unbalanced it is. those huge guys were taking like 50 swings to bring down compared to a few bullets.

It's ok until you notice zombies can literally spawn out of thin air the moment you turn around

Some fictional country in middle east i think.

If is to easy to play with it then just don't use it.

Attached: 1536126016574.jpg (500x667, 48K)

It's either in Turkey or a fictional country that's modeled after Turkey.

The people and architecture say Middle East, but the terrain says tropics.

Go look at that city on Google Maps, looks nothing alike.

Isn't Old Town easier than Slums without hook? It's just several story buildings you can climb from any danger.

It's OK. I didn't like how useless guns were in most circumstances. Using them draws in fast zombies and they're useless against volatiles, whereas with melee weapons at high levels you're a goddamn vampire slayer (outside of hardcore mode I guess, I only did one playthrough at release).
Story was meh, but gameplay in general holds up unless you want to 100% everything. I am optimistic about the sequel though.

It's really not that easy to not use something that is in the majority of circumstances incredibly satisfying to use.

Attached: 1546750627146.jpg (700x933, 257K)

The terrain screams South American to me.
I’ve been to Turkey some years ago and the nature looked nothing like what is seen in The Following

> I think the whole city feels so unique and like a mix of diffetent real life locations
It was supposed to host Olympics, so they pumped it up with multi-culti beforehand.
The DLC though has a distinct american vibe fo some reason.

The hook really just highlights the fact that the rooptops in Old Town are far too safe, especially at night.

But it also punishes you for shitty movement. If you fall in Old Town, it's very likely fatal, unless you know how to land properly from any height.

>putting some actual effort into the writing.

What an understatement. Chris Avellone is heading the whole operation and doing the brunt work of the writing.. On top of that they also brought along some polish asshole who wrote the Bloody Baron questline in Witcher 3. If it somehow doesn't end up being being one of the greats I'm going to be absolutely baffled.

If i remember right, the little lore you can gather kinda implies the city was about to fall apart even without zombie virus, as they bet everything on the olympic games equivalent, but chew way more than they coud swallow.

The story is so cheesy 80s that it transcends being bland and generic in a bad way. It becomes a perfect obnoxiously 1980s homage.

OP, I pirated it on release expecting it'd be dogshit. It was phenomenal and I felt bad for pirating it. Bought it later. The Following DLC is pretty awful however. Quintessential open world empty landscape, but the original game itself is fantastic.

Grappling hook I think is the biggest faux pas for making it too easy. It's a get out of jail free card pretty much - grapple somewhere out of a volatile's access, and by the time he catches up if you have ran anywhere you'll be able to grapple again. Makes me think it should have been an old school grappling hook without an auto-winch function. So it'd be more like a rope you can use that lets you scale a building in 1/2 the time, a rope you can swing from like Indiana Jones, or an instant way to rappel down a building.

Oddest shit is Easy and Very Hard lets you buy guns and ammo, hard doesn't.

It's Eastern Mediterranean. My impression was it was a Singapore style city that achieved independence from Turkey, whether it was located next to Greece or next to Syria.

>Chris Avellone is heading the whole operation and doing the brunt work of the writing
Any source on that? Maybe he only wrote some general story and made foundation for other writers. It would be cool if he is really engaged.

Yea I know, initially seeing the slums was screaming brasil, but it turns out it was intended to be turkey, I mean check out the npcs there. They're all roaches with turkish names.

onlysp.com/chris-avellones-role-in-dying-light-2-clarified/

>Avellone has been involved since the beginning of development, having a significant hand in the game’s backstory and script.

Yet there aren’t really any visible muslims or mosques

I'd take Dying Light the Movie over most Steven Seagal movies.

It's like 1960s Iran

wtf? it's modern day Turkey, you mong

>like 1960s Iran
When Iran wasn't a complete shitshow.

Maybe in an alternate reality without Islam

It's unironically the best solo zombie game with dead rising.
Multiplayer is l4d2 and tf2 zombie mod

Attached: 1529953185717.jpg (675x601, 15K)

Well he is listed as narrative designer not writer so he isn't doing much of writing the dialogues and such. This quote
>significant hand in the game’s backstory and script.
confirms that. It doesn't really matter tho, dl2 will be better in that aspect anyway.

Attached: 1544244054783.png (500x500, 348K)

Thoughts?
youtu.be/98oJYDRblLI

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=0248pUAteWk

Did we got any news since this?

Hmm, devs always tout on players having "hundreds" of choices and the effects they have. I'll have to see it to believe it.

Gonna be game of the year 2019

This. Climbing and falling off the bridge repeatedly was hilarious with friends.

Speaking of cities, the sequel is clearly set in Eastern Europe right? I get Prague vibes

Too scary at night

Yea, the zombos have spread everywhere now

To it just seems like the game will have replay value, like being diplomatic with all the tribes or letting the city burn.

Is this game's DLC worth it?

yes
soundtrack makes it super comfy too

if you just want more content, yeah
but the focus on parkour is replaced by a customizable buggy which I just didn't find as fun
I spent maybe 30-50% of my time just on the road, driving back and fourth for quests

Him having a significant hand in the script would entail that he wrote his fair share of dialogue

vg247.com/2018/07/03/dying-light-2-chris-avellone-techland-interview/
>Avellone has been on the project since that planning phase. He created the lore for Dying Light 2, he co-created the storyline along with the other talented writers, and he developed many of the game’s critical characters. The reactivity, which Techland dubs the ‘World System’, was also co-created by Avellone, working closely with designers and programmers at Techland. His grubby, gamesmaster mitts are all over everything.

>“I’m addicted to challenging a lot of tropes, and trying to flip them on their head and see what shakes out story-wise,” Avellone says. “I also tend to favor antagonists and rivals that have a higher agenda – not because it makes them superior, but because ideally players don’t just want to prove themselves physically superior, but they also want to challenge your enemy’s philosophy to the point where it breaks down… which I see as a far superior victory to simply punching an enemy’s lights out.”

i,e. Dying Light 2 will be the Planescape Torment/Knight of the Old Republic 2 of zombie fiction

Seems like volatile Crane will be the canon end.

This gameplay really don't show to much but I like this news.
>Techland is prioritising 60 frames per second, over 4K resolution on the upcoming Dying Light 2, but 4K might still happen.
That should mean pc verison will be also optimized to run at high fps.
>Speaking of cities, the sequel is clearly set in Eastern Europe right? I get Prague vibes
It will be fictional eu city for they called it "The City" I get Paris vibe from it so I guess it will be just mishmash of european architecture.

Attached: 1530262910141.gif (460x378, 2.26M)

for now*

Night time gameplay is fucking horrifying.

It gets your channel demonetized on youtube for having the word DYING in it. So everyone hates it and will never stream it or make videos of it again.

I'd say yes, mowing zombies with buggy was fun, has actual boss fight and whatnot.

Like the first game it’s hard to exactly pin point. But it’s set 15 years after the zombie outbreak so everything has gone to shit and there are multiple factions which is cool.

I wish the Stalkers had a reasonable amount of HP.
It takes around 50+ rounds to the head from a good rifle. Considering there are many of them and gunshots attract more I don't see why they don't let us just kill them.

>We have developed, we have designed, we have come up with the idea that the day is for the living and the night is for the Infected. So during the day you will note that encounters with the zombies don't happen as often as in the first game. Usually they hide inside buildings and other dark places. First of all, this allowed us to build a part of the city where you really get to encounter humans; you get to work with them; see how they would behave in a situation like this. You know, it's an extreme situation: technology is gone, civilisation is gone... we didn't have as many dynamic encounters [with humans in the first game]. So the day is for the humans, but the night is for the infected and this creates a lot of gameplay opportunity."

Bigger focus on the day/night contrast

I hope they do away with the night stalkers then because I don't want to play flare hop scotch

Only on higher difficulties. On normal there is so much tracking shit, you can trigger volatiles only if you really want to.

Probably even scarier shit at night this time. Considering 15 years went by, the virus surely evolved

It's a big shame, throwing zombies into spikes at noon was a great time waster

The real winner of the game is the parkour system. I wish they'd paste it on some other setting (i.e. not zombielands)

Really fucking good until you get the grappling hook. This is genuinely the last game that actually scared me, and I refused to do quests at night, but if I had to I would speedrun them as quickly as possible. Once you unlock the grappling hook however, there's 0 reason to be afraid and 0 reason to die anymore. Because of that, you also get to experiment with the zombies since you have no fear and can't die, and you realize how basic and predictable they can be which ruins the immersion.
Basically mod out the grappling hook, or never buy it. Also humans kill the game too, fuck gunfights.

You meant platforming?

there's mirror's edge but I haven't played them

It's also impressive they managed it while you are able to see your lower body. The fact that shit should be norm aside.

>enhanced edition is still $60
w h y

Literally always on sale

The expansion is big. A whole new map.

How much is the DLC alone? You get it with the enhanced version, so it's more like $40+$20 DLC, right?

It's been on so many sales. Some the time it's a steal.

It had no right to be this good.
Coop alone is a blast, once you get past the spooky first nights and start to get into a mood within the game's core elements you were fucking death incarnate, only the newest volatiles were anywhere near dangerous by the time you reached legend status.

Attached: 20170730220820_1.jpg (1920x1080, 577K)

I mean, yeah. I just really like how the map is very optimised for running and climbing along its rooftops.

I also didn't expect it to be two different areas. I thought I was going to run around in the slums until the game ended.

>roaming around old town just chilling
>00:00 - 00:30 starts playing youtube.com/watch?v=Yy1feRXjZ_c

Attached: 1500803220658.png (154x154, 44K)

Very underrated soundtrack, the main theme is so memorable

I personally thought the synth soundtrack was fucking kino.

Reddit spacing

me likey

Attached: 1549941721553.jpg (450x589, 77K)

With the next Call of Juarez game.

>yfw the sequel will have mutated zombies crawling around on the walls like spiders

Attached: D95E57D9-AC25-43FA-A25B-783CA1170897.jpg (503x955, 361K)

Its a great game in general. DLC wasn't great.

However I got both it and the DLC for $20 on launch because the season pass was bugged and gave you access to the full game and after it was fixed I still got to keep the game and get the pass.

I hope they put in more child zombies, the fucking screamers were scary shit.

>the game about being aware of day/night cycle
>even the watches on hand show it in real time
>no button to check
>have to open the menu to see the time
>menuing is real time on diffs higher than normal
>menuing also completely stops you
Muh 'mersion.

>game lets you fucking necksnap a baby
How did they get away with it?
I usually right-click to bring up a throw for that, it shows the watch too. I agree that it's a terrible oversight.

>How did they get away with it?
Nearly every other game gets shit on by regulations if you have anything related to killing infants. I want to know too.

I had lots of fun playing through campaign with my friend. The coop was very well made. Climbing onto the top of the bridge and jumping down was dope. Last boss was shit though.
The game was also very well optimized and very stable. Hope they keep it up in 2.

>How did they get away with it?
They didn't in Germany.
youtube.com/watch?v=IK4hRLa6RPE
The devs are eastern yuro, so they don't have and can't afford tight regulations on things like this.

YOUTUBE LINK NOW

I was hoping to kill him either using the hook knife he used to chop the guy's hand when you first meet him or his gun, but it turns out it's a fucking QTE. Makes no sense when you get to fight his bodyguard normally in the museum

they're both pretty easy, though

but hook does make travel convenient

Where's the FUCKING release date, though?!

also it better not be Epic-exclusive or I'm probably going to rage shit

Attached: pj6r08DJcb1x811bpo1.gif (540x370, 134K)

How do you come to that conclusion? I only played the base game.

I don't know because the tutorial section was godawful and dragged on forever while NPCs insulted me for something that happened in a cutscene. I turned it off.

Play The Following
It's got better girl than the original

>I only played the base game.
That's your problem.

I still don't understand the hate with the game's story, I even really liked the one in the Following
Jade and the kid dieing both genuinely upset me and I really liked a majority of the characters

IM A GODDAMN PARKOUR INSTRUCTOR

THERE WERE KIDS IN THEEEEERRRREEE

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Techland is in complete control of their game's release and I don't think they're that dumb

yes, if you want to get a headache.

Thanks amigos.

There's a VR version if I'm not mistaken. That shit would be fucking rough.

I am afraid of heights and this game gives me the dopamine hit pretty close to the real one. Don't even look below when climbing towers.
There is no official VR support. They did some eye tracking shit gimmick, but you have to have a special monitor just to use it.

You should try GTAV with the FPS camera and jump off of helicopters

I'll just say I was really surprised when the second map appeared. I knew nothing about the game and wasn't expecting a second zone at all. Great game, I just wish nighttime kept its tenseness all the time.

Because the writing team has amnesia. Very early on Crane torches a crate of Antizin as part of ((their)) agenda but keeps one vial to himself.
That vial never comes into play. Especially when Jade also gets infected and there is a big dramatic moment over having to choose who gets the dose that the Big Bad throws to you.

It's been too long since I last played but there's more examples like this.

Yes had fun but cba to finish the story

I assume that Kyle just used that at some point soon after the mission to keep the infection at bay

Overall, the game is fine and fun... but:
Crane's a fucking tool and a moron.
He's bitten, he knows he's infected. He's staring down a supply drop of a vital medicine both he and the tower needs, and he throws it into the fire.
He doesn't take that case, lie to the tower about Raiz getting it first, then hide it. He takes 1 vial, which basically vanishes from the story after that. One can assume he uses it on himself "off screen" but it is still a highly retarded moment even with the obvious twist of his handlers being in on weaponizing the virus. Especially because they cut off the antizen supply drops shortly there-after.

Then, of course, there's a segment where you are going through dozens of armed Raiz thugs, meaning you could easily have a gun with ammo in the following area. Instead, Cutscene Crane just yells at Raiz, threatening to kill him. Then you're forced into a boss fight that is only dangerous because they strip you of all your weapons, leaving you only the arena's melee drops.

youtube.com/watch?v=IInfku0nqAw

To be fair the arena fight would've been trivial with guns

absolutely. skill progression and how it evolves the games mechanics is the best of any open world game. the over world progression (parkour system) is fantastic

Yeah, but placing it after an area in which every enemy you can kill (and pretty well have to) has a gun is bad placement.

Even having the cutscene play out with Raiz not taunting you from in the same room and demanding you disarm would have made that bit just a bit less... "Cutscene Crane is retarded."