Halo's Bonnie Ross Interview

ign.com/articles/2019/02/26/how-bonnie-ross-is-shaping-the-future-of-halo-a-ign-unfiltered-39

>343 worked alongside Bungie with ODST and Reach
>Bonnie disliked Halo 4's multiplayer and Halo 5's campaign
>the reason Halo 4 was the way it was is because of Don Mattrick getting involved with the development and also wanting the game to release on the 360 when it was originally an Xbox One launch title
>Halo 5 ran into the same issues with Don and Halo tools was too old at this point thus it got harder to add things to it without something breaking in the process which is why the Slipspace Engine was created
>the team is no longer on a 2-3 year schedule when making Halo games
>MCC ran into the same problems as 4 and 5, Don Mattrick
>MCC was originally Halo 2A but Don wanted more, 343 added Halo CE, 3, and 4's campaigns but that still wasn't enough so all the multiplayers were added and the game broke
>there was originally going to be a Halo 5.5 but Bonnie and Phil had a talk so the team could finally get an unlimited time to make and finish a Halo game

1/2

Attached: HaloInfinite_E318_KeyArt_Night_4K-740x416.jpg (740x416, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1YyJO9NzqUhFxYcqprDLyOeWUWgJx4JeG
windowscentral.com/what-phil-spencers-promotion-means-xbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OheqVrMGPv0
youtu.be/u0MgL5OI_Q8
imgur.com/a/OOF1r
imgur.com/a/6FqzO
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ZUJSdjgxUXctZ2s
imgur.com/a/Pb9Vq
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ckt0ZDdWaG1WSkk
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42Sk9iamNQaW81V3c
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42aUIwbUZxWHJ0V1E
youtu.be/bdzF6TyhBvU
youtube.com/watch?v=LweveDXYy1k
youtube.com/watch?v=hcBnJiABVg8
youtube.com/watch?v=3UcDrhWixoc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Halo almost ended at 3 with Gearbox making a Halo 4 finale
>Halo Infinite will be a spiritual reboot
>there will be more Halo games without Chief but 343 realized that mainline Halo games = Master Chief while other characters and universe exploration means = not mainline numbered game
>there will be a Halo Wars 3 sometime after Halo Infinite and there will be more Halo games that branch off into different genres
>Halo Infinite will be at E3 this year
>Halo Infinite soft confirmed to be cross-platform Xbox One and Xbox Scarlett
>343 also worked with Ensembles on the original Halo Wars
>Halo TV series had to be reworked several times
>may get a Halo movie in the future
>Halo Infinite will take the best from Halo CE-4's campaigns, Halo Infinite multiplayer will probably take a lot of cues from Halo CE-3 and 5 since 343 got a lot of good feedback on 5's multiplayer
>343 isn't the only Xbox Game Studios devs that will get unlimited time for their games, all Xbox Game Studios devs will
>Halo The Fall of Reach was created because after Halo CE's awful showing at E3 2001 Microsoft didn't know if Halo CE would succeed
>Bonnie Ross also felt that after Halo 5, Halo needed a break so fans would get back into it since she felt the series was getting too many games at once and needed to calm down (something that should have happened after Halo 3, Don Mattrick)
>talks a little about the Halo megabloks game and why it got canceled
>Halo not following modern trends and will always have a campaign and multiplayer
Great interview, even more, excited about Infinite now.

2/2

Also, Halo 4 Cortana is in Halo 5.

Attached: 8gani8kw1yi21.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

>implying halo 4's campaign was good
>implying halo 5's multiplayer was good
Nuh, nuh.

I want to believe, but I don't think they'll ever get back to what made CE-3 good solely based on their track record. 4 and 5 are too bloated and bogged down.

Also, put it on PC you cowards

>Don Mattrick
Of fucking course.

That's the general consensus, get over it.

Halo 5 multiplayer is amazing

Where doe sit say that Infinite is a Reboot? This makes no sense, especially since the developers stated that It follows 4 and 5.

how do you devalue a game this much

halo was the killer app for xbox, is so fucking sad see such franchise be forgotten

Attached: Cortana.jpg (1012x610, 92K)

Got a quick peak at the new Halo gameplay check it out

Attached: image.jpg (200x151, 37K)

People can have differing opinions. Halo 4's execution of the Didact, dramatization of Cortana, and Spartan Ops were either shit or meh.
5 improved on the multiplayer after their appeal to casualizing it in 4, but it only shipped with like 3 gametypes and no forge.

Attached: .png (1110x1815, 701K)

Spiritual so no more fucking marvel bullshit that Halo 5 reeked of

It follows them but it's a spiritual reboot this has been stated for a while. Halo 5 was a mess, user.

They keep saying soft reboot, so is it a sequel with a new gameplay design to end Chief's story or is it a new Spartan?

This. At least for halo 4's campaign, talk about a trainwreck. I couldn't say anything about 5 as I had no desire to play it after 4

I love saggy Cortana

>halo

Attached: image.jpg (196x258, 62K)

They are, at least Infinate is

>the reason Halo 4 was the way it was is because of Don Mattrick getting involved
The developers literally had a game that played just like Halo 3 and were told to "Its just Halo" and to change it

Its 100% on 343, fuck off

Bonnie talked about that, they were rushed to finished the game and the old ass Halo engine was giving them trouble so they had to add it late, expect Infinite to have everything at launch this time.

>t's a spiritual reboot this has been stated for a while.
No, this is the first time this was ever stated and I'm still waiting for a timestamp on the words because I don't feel like watching this shit.

>Don Mattrick somehow fucking up Halo 5 when it was made after he left
???????

It's basically a start over for a new generation, Chief's story isn't ending any time soon, I already explained that in the OP and second post and it's also a sequel to Halo 4 and 5 but won't really mention them.

>No BTB at launch
>Fewer playlists/modes than past games
>No online splitscreen
>No local MP at all, online-only
>Warzone
>Microtransactions
No, Halo 5's MP was a fucking dumpster fire and you should fucking kill yourself

In what world is the first Halo game to ship with ONLINE-ONLY multiplayer and NO FUCKING COUCH CO-OP a good Halo game?

Attached: Kramer 7.png (209x227, 80K)

Halo 5's MP was good, but Halo 4's story was pretty garbage.

I'm tired of their "promises" at this point. The lack of content was one of the reasons why the population plummeted. They promised to simplify the story after Halo 4, and we saw how that went.

Attached: .png (1840x1878, 1.96M)

unless she returns in her old form in Halo 6 I am done with this franchise for good

>waaaah it's all donnies fault!

Such bullshit.
Own up to your mistakes

A game is in development for a long time, user

It was 70 minutes long I'm not going through that shit again, I'll post the time stamp when this shit gets posted on Youtube hopefully someone does it for me so I don't have to listen through all this again.

Halo 5 started development at the end of 2012.

I guess you missed out on the Halo Bulletin when 343 brought Microsoft Halo 4 which played like Halo 3 and Don and the rest of the suits response was "it looked and played like Halo" in disappointment wanting the game to play like COD to bring in the "WOW!" and made 343 changed the game to what we got.

343 is a horrible developer and they still haven't made a good Halo game ever since they because the developers for it. I'm convinced that even neo Bungie would have been a better choice.

Do you know the general time frame? 30 minutes, 50 minutes, etc?

Is sprint still in?

If so, no buy.

How is it going to not mention them when half the Galaxy has been EMP'd and Cortana is about to fire off a Halo ring?

True they said they wanted to add more characters but added way too damn much.

Crossing fingers on that one but she changes every game anyway.

He nuked the Xbox, you dumbfuck.

I think around 50ish.

Because Halo 5's campaign was shit, all we need to know is that they've been fighting now you finish this fight and bring on the Flood. Blame Brian Reed for being a shitty writer.

>He nuked the Xbox, you dumbfuck.
Yeah then he quit and all the changed got reversed. I don't see how his departure somehow fucks up Halo 5. If anything it should have fixed it, yet the game was still awful.

I'm glad Xbox is giving their devs infinite dev time. If only they had done so for Scalebound.
Every single person who saw gameplay behind closed doors said that it was fucking amazing looking, and nothing like what they showed on stage for some reason.

>Don Mattrick

I was hoping to never remember this insufferable faggot. This is the second time this week he's been mentioned, fuck this guy.

If Halo 5's mp is liked it's a possibility but they will have a Flight Test so it's up to you to play it an voice your opinions on whether you want it or not, just screaming on the internet about it won't get you anywhere.

DUUHH WUT DA SPIRITUAL REBOOT
>starts a few years after halo 5, no need to know the previous 2 games just know chief is in the middle of a war and Cortana is a bitch
>exploration and wide environments ala Halo Ce
>huge battlefields like mid halo 3
>May or may not have sprint or spartan abilities.

>Local campaign co-op
>Local splitscreen MP for up to 4 players
>LAN multiplayer for up to 4 consoles, with up to 4 players on each console
>Online splitscreen MP for up to 4 players
>Forge
>BTB with REAL maps
>No ADS
>No clambering
>No CoD bullshit at all
>NO FUCKING MICROTRANSACTIONS

If all of the above do not apply, I have no interest in another Halo game. Just make another game that plays like Halo 3 and has the same set of modes and features.

That's all they fucking need to do, but they won't do it and will instead deliver some online service-model bullshit that revolves around microtransactions.

Attached: 1302286434797.png (449x338, 225K)

Here's Renegades
drive.google.com/open?id=1YyJO9NzqUhFxYcqprDLyOeWUWgJx4JeG

Attached: .png (2715x1950, 1.73M)

see
No, it was not good. Would you call a Street Fighter game, for example, with online-only multiplayer good?

>NO FUCKING MICROTRANSACTIONS

not gonna happen

>Don Mattrick was the guy pushing for always online initially on Xbox One and famously told Xbots to just stick to last gen if they didn't like the choice.
>Pushed for Halo 4 on 360 and apparently affected the development of every other forthcoming Halo title even after he left.

I'm glad he fucked up at Zynga and faded into Obscurity.

Attached: 1469927494074.jpg (920x660, 365K)

Terry Myerson made sure the Xbox division still followed his bullshit guidelines until like 2017.

I'm pretty they were all lying if Microsoft, Platinum and former Platinum devs were calling it a technical disaster that the original Xbone was incapable of running.

It's like he fucking hated Xbox or something.

>I-It's all mattricks fault!!!!
I don't like this guy, but this sounds pathetic. He was in charge of Xbox when Reach and 3 came out yet those games were liked. I think 343 are just trying to scapegoat because they know their reputation is garbage.

Then I'm not interested

No one has ever said halo 4s campaign was good

Attached: IMG_20190220_164832.jpg (960x418, 299K)

>Terry Myerson made sure the Xbox division still followed his bullshit guidelines until like 2017.
Source? I know Phil Spencer didn't take over until then, but I'm asking for a source on the part about keeping the guidelines until 2017.

Don is just xbox's scapegoat now. I dont see how he'd have any say in how the specifics of these games would operate

This

Most of this stuff is happening.

343 is shit and Bungie is now shit. What a shitfest.

4 is a situation of "at least it's not 5"

Star Wars was always shit.

daily reminder that she praised anita and even had 343 youtube channel like the video about "privileged white male gamers"
halo and xbox is dead to me. they only care about pandering to sjws and feminists at this point and don´t know how to make good games since they fired all their white and asian male devs to make room for "diversity"

i love OG polygon tits cortana

No because even Bonnie realized get woke go broke, this isn’t Sony where you get to make movies with lesbians

I too feel superior for not liking what others like

He was in charge of Reach and not 3, Reach was shit, Fable went downhill under him, and all the Xbox 360 games got canned for Kinect he was also into trends like what EA, Activision, and Ubisoft did to make the big bucks instead of pleasing the fans. He fucked up Xbox and he fucked up Halo. The fact that Xbox Game Studios is recovering now is saying something.

No one here, /hg/.

Sure
windowscentral.com/what-phil-spencers-promotion-means-xbox

>Halo Infinite will be a spiritual reboot
This better not be a carbon copy of fucking CE, because it's starting to have all of the signs right now.

Attached: 1499317827971.jpg (252x213, 7K)

You do know he was greenlighting shit and had devs behind closed doors crunching things well before they were completed, when halo 4 debuted at e3 they were already working on 5 while certain affinity worked on halo 4 content and halo collection

This, if 343 was for this, they wouldn't be currently telling gays and trannies to fuck off every time they put their shitty ideas into Halo Infinite.

>Halo catered to SJW and Feminist

I think your reaching. They don't care about their fans, that's for sure but not a single thing about any of the 343 Halos scream SJW to me. Just Uninspired Garbage.

Jesus Christ imagine what that would have been like

That's a problem because?

343i confirmed that there will never be an alien dating sim. This isn't the correct timeline.

Attached: .png (4177x3456, 1.01M)

I thought the same thing. I have no doubt that probably he fucked shit up, but pinning literally EVERYTHING wrong with Halo on one guy seems fucking laughable.

Don't forget the original premise of Halo 4 sounded like Infinite with exploration being put on the forefront only for Don to change it to a Hollywood Blockbuster.

Miss Ross, I'll gladly cum in your ass and mouth, if Halo Infinite will be as great as Halo CE, 2 or 3

literally censored cortanas old look to be no longer sexy and made every character either a nigger or a strong wyman.
white men are either losers or evil

After how good Halo 3 was that would have been a disaster.

Thank god, for that.

He was that bad.

Halo shouldn't pander to nostalgia. It should make a new and interesting story with what (little) it has. I mean this takes place on Zeta Halo where humans were experimented on to find a cure from the Flood. It has the signs of "FLOOD'S BACK, DESTROY THE RING." if it gets the mechanics of CE, I'm all for that. But don't copy the story.

imagine the horrible alternate timeline where gearbox ended up with halo

But 343 stated that Cortana is canonically naked this version of her is just a Cortana that split off from her at the end of Halo 4. They also said they weren't planning on replacing Chief and just wanted to add more characters to the universe.

>He was that bad.
I guess I underestimate him. But it sort of feels like 343 is basically
>IT'S DON'S FAULT, HONEST
I hope with Infinite that I'm wrong.

>star wars prequels
>any redeeming qualities

>He was that bad.
Yeah but one person somehow fucking up the development fro two games, when he wasn't even there for one of them, and being the leader when 2 liked halo games got released, doesn't add up.

That's what Infinite is doing though it will be both nostalgic and new.

Bring me back to the days when I would play a Halo campaign literally hundreds of times by myself or with a friend next to me.

Bring. Back. The days. Because I haven't felt that 'gotta replay this right now' urge since Halo 3, whose campaign I must have ran through at least 200 times.

The publishers are the ones in control, Microsoft's methods were outdated before 2017 on game design, Nintendo and Sony gave their devs unlimited times to make games and build new tools and delayed games when they were necessary Microsoft didn't do that and gave sometimes bullshit due dates. They also forced their devs to add more when it didn't need more.

The guy was the single driving force for several decisions on Xbox One such as the Kinect requirement and Always Online connectivity, he probably put his foot down for the Ideas in hopes of Broadening the Halo Audience with the return. Putting Halo 4 on 360 allowed them to push it without fear nobody would buy an Xbox One for the game.

>Reach was shit,
It was way better than 4 or 5, and You're also forgetting Halo Wars.

Don put halo on the back burner and delayed lionhead with fable projects, he gladly took yearly cod at the forefront and other shit including sports and kinect

>we were good guys all along! All of our consistent major fuckups in the last 9 years were actually Don even though he's been gone for years!
Fuck Ross, fuck nuHalo, fuck Microsoft, and fuck you for being dumb enough to eat this shit up. You're like an abused housewife.

In terms of mechanics, definitely. For a story, though? If I wanted another game like CE, I'd just play CE. I have no doubt Infinite will be fun in terms of gameplay, but I want a new story to keep me invested.

If they can pull off something like what Capcom did for Re2make, something fresh but still familiar, they can have ALL my damn money.

Halo 5 multiplayer was great.
If you disagree, you are a nostalgic faggot.

The Arena experience was good and balanced at launch. The gameplay was solid for the most part. Not saying the lack of shit was good you thickskull.

>not liking any of the kino moments RotS or TPM
Shit taste kid. Stay in school

Yikes. I hope this is true, I just might forgive 343.

still doesn´t explain why all the new characters are all strong wyman and how all white men are now losers or evil

It kind of does, Peter left in 2007 and Don took over in 2007, Peter's era didn't end until after the release of Halo Wars at the beginning of 2009, even then Don started to get involved with the game development of their studios with them canceling games from 2009-2012 for the Xbox 360, from the One Don had control for a year before fucking off but Terry Myerson kept his direction going until Nedella dealt with him in 2017.

>these games weren't bad because of out incompetence lmao, it wasn't our fault
Sure thing.

It doesn't have "Yo Momma" Jokes, it's instantly redeemed after everything they've done to the series since the Disney Aquisition.

Base halo 5 is fine besides some of the sensitivity issues only thing is just making sprint speed the base movement speed and a neutered radar

That was Peter Moore.

>defending Don "I want COD, TV, and Sports" Mattrick
Kill yourself, user

When?

>No BTB at launch
And now there's two dedicated gametypes to BTB
>Fewer playlists/modes than past games
And Now there's more playlist than every game in the series
>>No online splitscreen
>>No local MP at all, online-only
Only downside, but not a deal breaker since all of my friends all have their own systems
>Warzone
Better than Firefight and Invasion
>Microtransactions
Beats paying for maps and most of the stuff is only Warzone
>In what world is the first Halo game to ship with ONLINE-ONLY multiplayer and NO FUCKING COUCH CO-OP a good Halo game?
What are Halo Wars 1 and 2

Attached: 1498338117055.jpg (480x486, 22K)

The Halo 5 multiplayer Arena gameplay is great, almost perfect. The micro-transactions affect literally nothing.

Bonnie is a GMILF, don’t you think?

>It was way better than 4 or 5
No it fucking wasn't
Reach's gameplay is fucking awful. At least in Halo 4, they commented to going full CoD rather than just half assing it, and Halo 5 MP is the best thing to happen to the series since 3.

Attached: 2181FC7F-494F-4CD7-A8A5-451B37A3A301.jpg (930x1064, 171K)

>And now there's two dedicated gametypes to BTB
It was a staple gametype that should've been there from the start.
>And Now there's more playlist than every game in the series
The point is that there was barely any for several months. It took 6-7 months for infection to release.
>Only downside, but not a deal breaker since all of my friends all have their own systems
There's people with friends that thoroughly couch co-op. Lugging around 1 system for 4 people is far more easier
>Better than Firefight and Invasion
Subjective
>What are Halo Wars 1 and 2
Spin-offs

Attached: .jpg (2910x2848, 462K)

Don't forget Halo Infinite will have 4 player split screen.

No one is defending him you deluded 343 shill, people are just pointing out how scapegoating about someone who doesn't even work at Xbox anymore is fucking retarded.
>Games that came out while Mattrick was in charge
-Gears of War 2 & 3
-Forza Motorsport 3 & 4
-Fable 2
-Forza Horizon
-Halo 3: ODST
-Halo Reach
Even if you think these games are shit, they are far superior to any of the shit that 343 shat out. No one likes Don, but blaming him for Halo 4 and 5 being bad is fucking pathetic and it seems childish. By their logic, every game released while Mattrick was in charge should have been a complete dumpster fire like their two releases, but this isn't the case.

This, I also hated Reach's campaign.

>No it fucking wasn't
It was, and if you think Reach had shit gameplay then 4/5 must be unplayable.

>Would you call a Street Fighter game, for example, with online-only multiplayer good?
If they re-release 3rd Strike as an online MP game only, is would still be he best game in the series.

>343shills screeching about how their shit company was never the reason why Halo 4 and Halo 5 were bad

Attached: 1527010704158.png (340x314, 249K)

>Will have the best parts of 4

Nothing good was in 4 fuck off

>Halo 3: ODST
>-Halo Reach
You act like these two games were great.

>Gears of War 2
>Fable 2
One of the last few Peter Moore games.

Chief talking in campaign and some of the missions.

You act like Mattrick's mere presence would make things turn to shit. He was in charge when the games got released. Moore being in charge when they supposedly started development is irrelevant because you act like Mattrick could have just changed everything, yet the games came out under his leadership and they were fine. No one sane is buying this Don Mattrick scapegoating shit.
>you act like these two games were great
They weren't but they were far superior to 343's Halo games. Objectively so.

You really must not understand how much that mother fucker shitted up the Xbox Brand, he set them back several years. Bonnie even talks about how it feels good that the Xbox is all about video games again and not what Don was trying to turn it into.

>Forza is better now
>Halo 4 and Halo 5 were better than ODST and Reach

He fucking killed Zynga.

I'm fully aware of the dumb crap he pulled, but acting like he's the reason why Halo 4 and 5 were bad is fucking hilarious. See >b-but those don't count
kek, fuck off shill. Don being shit isn't relevant anymore because he stopped Working at Xbox years ago.

Don is indefensible, Ross. Nobody likes him. Fucking Zynga couldn't deal with him. But I refuse to believe that he singlehandedly ruined all of those games and was responsible for the awful design choices, the complete lack of support, and the terrible treatment of the old Halo community. MCC has been out for, what, 5 years and it's still a broken pile of shit? Eat my fucking asshole you bootlicking cunt.

This

>being better now means it was bad before
>implying Halo 4/5 were better than ODST or Reach
The absolute state of 343 shills. You have to dig up old shit to try and alleviate your trash company.

Attached: 1550400422936.gif (350x193, 3.01M)

Yeah and he sure made sure Terry Myerson continued his legacy.

Believe it, him and Terry Myerson.

Who gives a shit? We're talking about games that got released while he was the head of Xbox starting in 2007. Are you retarded? Why are you even mentioning Zynga? Zynga was doomed to fail from the start.

I feel that the ones defending Don Mattrick and Terry Myerson could be Sonyfags.

>Reach and ODST are good that means he had nothing to do with these games that had nothing to do with Bungie or their work on Halo.

Retard. You forget Bungie pretty much made all decisions up until they left the rights to Microsoft, right? Read that one more time, Microsoft, they are the ones that greenlit 343 in the first place to work on the series, of course, they answered to him at the time, he was the president of Interactive Entertainment, how do you figure they did anything without an Okay from higher up about what was once one of their most profitable IPs?

>Yeah and he sure made sure Terry Myerson continued his legacy.
I'm still waiting for this source, you failed to provide it earlier.

If the man can single-handedly end a company I'm sure he could almost end a brand too.

I provided that earlier you idiot.

>NOOO IT'S MATTRICKS FAULT THAT Halo 4 AND HALO 5 WERE BAD!!!
>yeah but he was in charge during this shit too. He was bad from start to finish, but in this scenario all the games released under him should have also been bad, but (X/Y/Z) were good games that got released under his leadership
>RETARD THOSE DON'T COUNT
Look, dumb fucker, no one buys your slowpoke scapegoating.

That applies more to PUBG and Fortnite now.

That interview doesn't mention Mattrick or his guidelines and that Myerson supposedly kept said guidelines until 2017. I'm still waiting for a source.

>If you think 4 and 5 are better than Reach and ODST you're a shill
Can you faggots come up with anything new? If anything you Reachfags are the cancer of Halo.
Even people that love Halo 4 and Halo 5 will always put 1-3 over it, but the Reachfags always think their piece of shit game is the best in the series.

Yes, it fucking was.

It still had local co-op
It still had splitscreen
It had firefight
Loadouts and other not-Halo shit were optional on some playlists and hadn't seeped into the whole game yet

It wasn't fucking perfect, I still like it less than Halo Ce, 2 and 3, but it was a solid game and still leagues better than 4 and 5, which forgot they were trying to be Halo games altogether.

I never said Reach was the best in the series, nor did I ever say it was a good game. I said it was Better than Halo 4 and 5. Learn to read, you dumb 343 obsessed cocksucker.

>Imagine being this old
Sorry gramps, its not 2002 anymore

>It still had local co-op
>It still had splitscreen
So fucking what? Its a better game because I can at least bring my friends along for this shit ride?

Why do 343 shills argue like leftists?

Tell me why Reach is better than 4 and 5 then.

it also limited sprinting to an armor sill, had no ADS, and didn't have dumb pizza weapon skins. It also had better armor designs than 4/5. Reach wasn't good but it was better than 343 Halo.

So will Infinite be more like the original trilogy or will it fall in line with 4 and 5? In terms of gameplay, I mean.

It actually felt like a Halo game, are you going to try and explain to everyone how 4/5 are not only good Halo games, but better than Reach? All you've been doing is screeching at people saying 343's shitheaps are good and better than ODST and Reach despite not even trying to describe how. All you're doing is bitching about someone who stopped working at Xbox years ago for 343's failures.

This

>playing post-bungie halo

Attached: spongebob why.jpg (250x250, 15K)

>I'M SILLY

Really faggot? Bungie and 343 were handled completely differently, Reach was better made because it was literally their Swan Song before leaving Microsoft, 343 was a new venture and only had a hanful of Old Bungie devs stay for the games, expecting the quality to stay the same is beyond stupid and they had to go to someone for direction, he didn't design any bit of the game but he definitely had a say in its development because they report to him, you can't claim a boss isn't responsible for his workers just because he didn't touch the work, he hired them to do a Job, responsibility ultimately rest with him and that's why he quit with his tail behind his leg not even a full year after Xbox One was announced.

Stop defending this shit just because you don't like Yea Forums collectively attacked him.

>there will be more Halo games without Chief but 343 realized that mainline Halo games = Master Chief

I hate this shit. Halo 2 had the best plot in the series thanks to the arbitert and we can't just constantly invent excuses for cheif to save the universe over and over

>In terms of gameplay, I mean.

Halo 5 gameplay and DUDE REMEMBER CE LMAO

General Grievous STILL looks pretty cool.

Stay mad mother fucker, Phil had to report to Terry who always said no.

>Fucked up year after year
>Cant be bothered to port over MCC
>Hasnt built upon bungies legacy in any meaningful way
>jerk themselves off constantly about how good they are

Why is 343i still a thing? and who interviews the women who displayed master chief in a wheel chair and not ask about the constant failures and hit them hard on the mismanagement of the company thats propped up by MS cash alone

Attached: IMG_20180919_144542.jpg (500x500, 49K)

But it's not.

The funny part is how you focused on nothing but Halo Reach and ODST while completely ignoring all the other games I mentioned, all while still acting like Mattrick was some entity whose mere existence would make everything turn to shit. By your viewpoint him just being the leader of Xbox would have ruined everything, Reach and ODST included, yet under his leadership the things you posted still reigned true. Mattrick was shit but he is definitely not the sole reason why 343's games were garbage. No one is buying that trash.

>Reach
>better made
The loadouts and abilities are what ruined the game.
It became too reliant on what you start with rather than knowing the map, weapon spawn times, etc.
It's a problem in CoD too. In CoD you get better weapons because you've been playing longer. In Halo (CE-3) you get better weapons because you're better.

I say a combination of all 5.

That isn't a source, i'm still waiting on this guideline thing, or are you just going to shitpost at me some more about just wanting a source for the claim you made?

>It actually felt like a Halo game

Halo sucks...

Who exactly is Don and is he out?

Halo 4's campaign and all the Star Wars movies are good though

>trust us guys it was actually someone else that was the problem not us

Can't wait for Halo infinite - A fully fledged battle royale game.

Thanks, 343i!

Yeah,even if it was only a little bit. Halo 4 and 5 don't feel like Halo at all.

yes, would suck and fuck

>John Williams score
>SFX by Ben Burtt
>any time Ian McDiarmid is on screen
>inventive visual design that hints at future technological improvements
>pushed the boundaries for digital film (even though it didn't do the prequels themselves any favors it would help later productions)
>thanks to worldbuilding spawned a great TV show, a bunch of games, comics, etc

The whole thing still has stilted dialogue, poor pacing, poorly placed humor, and other narrative problems, but "no redeeming qualities" is a stretch. Even the Disney era films have redeeming qualities, but ironically none of the ones that the prequels have while having some of the same problems but worse.

>The funny part is how you focused on nothing but Halo Reach and ODST while completely ignoring all the other games I mentioned

Because they don't pertain to the thread or the point I'm making here, Halo wasn't handled the same way by both studios, something clearly significant happened to change the direction of Halo 4 onward. Saying a few other games being released with better quality under him is asinine because, and I should have to point this out, not all games are developed the same fucking way. Suggestions differ game to game and everyone called out Halo 4 for several changes made when it was released but never got good answers for it besides "Broading the Audience." I'll take a step back and admit blaming Don entirely is dumb but again somebody made these decisions and at least somebody suggested one possibility and even if it wasn't a big part he had room to make suggestions, nonetheless, the damage with the games was done and there has to be some reason why it went to shit and why they are working so hard to try and reverse everything they did the last several years.

Ok faggot I'll tell you why 4 and 5 are better than Reach
>Halo 4 balanced the armor abilities
>Halo 4 had better gunplay
>Halo 4 had better weapons
>Halo 4 better vehicles
>Halo 4 had better maps
>Halo 4 had a better campaign with characters worth caring able
>Brought back rank
>Only downside are loadouts and kill streaks

>Halo 5 got rid of armor abilities as a whole and went back to being an arena shooter
>Balanced Sprint
>Halo 5 is the most competitive ready game in the series with the best new gametype in the series since Grifball with Breakout
>Most mechanical game in the series to day
>Better everything compared to Halo 4 which was already better than Reach except for maps
>60 fps
>Warzone takes the best parts of Firefight and Invasions to make an ever better mode
>No paying for maps
>Best thing to happen to the series since 3
>Best forge to date
>Only downsides are that it was empty on release, no local play, and catered the game too much for the competitive scene. When it first launched, it wasn't casual friendly at all.

I have no idea how anyone that claims to even mildly enjoy Halo at one point can honestly say Reach is better than Halo 4 and 5.

Attached: Captain King.jpg (1122x556, 167K)

Fuck you, you no taste having nigger. Warzone better then invasion? Warzone was filled with bugs and unbalanced bullshit. No way was it ever better than the great mode that is called invasion

Chief talked in the campaign of the other games and he wasn't a fucking whiny baby in those

The only thing that can save the Halo franchise is gay alien romance

By the way the handful of old bungie staff was 4 people and they we're matchmaking network people

Why do you think Thel returned in 5 fucker?

>The fact that Xbox Game Studios is recovering now is saying something.
I'll believe it when I see it Bonnie.

The Arbiter sections sucked in Halo 2. Be happy they're making games without Chief in the future, no one wants to play a mainline Halo game without Chief being the main character.

Do you get paid well to shill for a dead franchise?
>343 worked on ODST & Reach
Yeah bullshit they did. Stop latching on to Bungie like a parasite.

great music, you gotta give it to them. the sequels didn't even have that

Not even the same, Halo 4 and 5 are incompetent mistakes while Disney is straight up evil

Not even fond of Reach, but I'll bite.
There were perks that granted unlimited sprint and/or a requirement in order to have a kill drop a grenade
The assault rifle is better
>Halo 4 better vehicles
It lacked vehicles that Reach had
>Halo 4 had better maps
The maps were playing it safe since you could now have infinite sprint to run around
Cortana and...?
>Brought back rank
Which meant nothing, just like Reach
You're forgetting the lack of weapons around the map as well

>Halo 5 got rid of armor abilities as a whole and went back to being an arena shooter
Halo Reach had gametypes that fit that criteria
>Balanced Sprint
Once again, they had to play it safe with the map designs to fit all of the spartan abilities. Many of them were just open windows and platforms
>Halo 5 is the most competitive ready game in the seriesut
Since 2
What do you mean by this?
>Better everything compared to Halo 4 which was already better than Reach except for maps
Subjective.
>60 fps
MCC has that too, but without the dynamic resolution
>Warzone takes the best parts of Firefight and Invasions to make an ever better mode
Warzone relies on the lootcrates to get a decent starting/power weapon
>No paying for maps
Most of them are community to begin with
By offering a point to where they have to reboot the series in order to milk it more, right?
>Best forge to date
It took around 7-8 months for that to even come out
>Only downsides are that it was empty on release, no local play, and catered the game too much for the competitive scene.
Those were some of the WORST downsides you can possibly have. The population scattered even more, and their only other Halo title to return for was the broken MCC.

Attached: .jpg (2700x1519, 978K)

If Reach was a swan song then it was a very shitty one.

Don Mattrick was that, you retard, Ed Fries and Peter Moore knew how to run a business that faggot didn't that's why Phil is bringing Xbox back. I'm starting to think you came in with the 360.

I don't got any hope for this game in the slightest. I also do not believe these known serial liars with everything said here. Some truths with some lies for sure here.

Phil had to talk to him if he wanted to make any decisions and Terry always said no.

>Halo 4 better than Reach
>literally argued CoD Halo was better than Halo with some shit switched around that people refused to adapt to and later had 343 just make completely garbage with their TU
>and I guarantee you this faggot would hate it 50% less if the BR was in.
Congratulations, you're the reason Halo is in the condition it's in.

Have fun hoping Infinite turns out half decent, I've already moved on.

seething boomer incel

Reach didn't feel like Halo at all, didn't even have the name in the title.

He didn't whine though, I know Metroid Other M was shit but you don't have to use Sakamoto's bastardization of Samus Aran on Chief here.

Bungie sucked with those games though.

>The Arbiter sections sucked in Halo 2.
>It's the Arbiter's fault
I never understood this sentiment. I definitely rank most of Arbiter's levels lower than Chief's (for example gas giant and quarantine zone levels are way worse and less memorable than Earth or Delta Halo), but I always attributed that to the level design, and the fact that the UNSC supporting cast have so much character. Not the Arbiter himself. Uprising and The Great Journey were pretty great too.
Halo 3 was the perfect ending to the Chief's and Cortana's stories and thawing them out right off the bat for Halo 4 was a mistake.

>The Kathleen Kennedy of Halo shifting all the blame for destroying the series onto a man that is no longer there
>W-We helped make ODST and Reach WE SWEAR! Sure there's no one left at Bungie that can back this up but just trust me!
Gonna call bullshit on this

Attached: 1528412972099.gif (315x230, 937K)

4 had the best weapons in the series, albeit the worst models.

>ODST
>Bad

Attached: 1542655834459.jpg (225x350, 33K)

that one shot sniper rifle in 4 was one of my favorite weapons

What exactly is this?

I'll say. I can't stand to look at them. It was so blocky and intensely futuristic, it looked like something from a movie than military.

Attached: 1541016854411.gif (540x304, 1.39M)

The newest Halo book. Guilty Spark is back as a good guy, again.

Attached: .jpg (3800x3300, 2.5M)

Fairly certain he highjacked a ship and put the entire crew out of commission last time I checked.
What has happened inbetween then?

Are you implying that Don didn't fuck over the Xbox brand in the time he was there?

>keep making the same mistakes
>keep saying we are learning from them

Heard this one before.. 343 must be the luckiest company going, there only good word was a graphics update for Halo 1 and that was with the help of another studio.

Attached: 1550535840837.png (128x128, 21K)

There's a fragment of him that's good and it's shoved into a Promethean soldier.

Attached: .png (1456x1595, 971K)

Sounds a tad asspully but alright.
Is it good?

>same mistakes
Sprint, and what?

Any Infinite info or Bonnie's nudes? Otherwise i don't care.

Attached: 1459343245489.gif (360x201, 499K)

>That's why Phil is bringing Xbox back.
It's only "coming back" because the fucking thing is a $100 Call of Duty/FIFA machine. Every exclusive game has been mediocre at best. And not to start a platform war but that's also ignoring the fact that most of their "exclusives" are also on PC where nobody plays them either.

The fuck has been happening since Ghosts of Onyx?

>Maybe the Mantle of Responsibility that the Forerunners had been so fond of wasn’t a one-race responsibility, but an every-race responsibility. Human, Sangheili, Kig-Yar, Unggoy . . . postwar life had begun bringing small pockets of species together. If certain factions stopped making war, manipulating fears, clinging to their information and technology, and deciding for the greater good without the greater good’s input, it might be the beginning of something better.
Is a quote from it. I didn't do much aside of a bit of skimming.

Attached: .png (960x960, 350K)

Yo kids. Hows your Halo is doing?

Attached: 05-21Mattrick_Web.jpg (1200x800, 81K)

His story was kind of boring too.

They were

Making good games in general, they ain't done it chief.

Are you fucking real? Infinite sprint? Wall hacks? Free ejections from vehicles? Grenade pick up, an integral part of one of the 3 pillars of Halo's gameplay, as a fucking perk? Bungie was fucking retarded in Halo Reach with abilities. No doubt. But all they had to do was limit the amount of abilities present on the map by making them pick ups, like they were in the campaign.
DMR AND BOLTSHOT, LMAO
Promethean weapons were shit and didn't belong at all in the sandbox. A peashooting assault rifle that can't hit for shit. A precision weapon with a useless hip fire mode. A one hit kill sniper that can quickly kill vehicles from anywhere on the map. A shotgun with a useless primary shooting mode as a loadout weapon. A cool but unreliable heavy weapon. As for humans weapons, the railgun was fucking shit. The DMR was the definition of a noob gun and 343 was too afraid to nerf it. Covenant was mostly fine, somehow, but Plasma Pistol as a loadout weapon was fucking retarded. Also, they removed the cool Reach guns like the Grenade Launcher and the Focus Rifle.
>Halo 4 better vehicles
Yeah, using vehicles that get wrecked by DMR snipers in a few seconds sure was fun. Tanks were overpowered because of that shitty EMP cooldown perk. I know from experience.
>Halo 4 had better maps
No gun pick ups on maps. Enough said. Don't give a shit if they fixed it.
You mean Laski? El Oh El. Cortana was the only character given any time.
>Brought back rank
Who gives a shit.
You forgot weapons disappearing after 15 seconds if not in the very close vicinity of a player or in the direct line of sight, completely destroying the scavenging for better weapons element of the sandbox. Even corpses took more time to despawn.

>Halo 5
Who cares, the franchise is a zombie.

tl;dr: ur a faggit

Attached: 1529912158251.png (337x389, 153K)

>a 2001 title
You are literally 35+ years old and a bitter virgin who has 0 fun anymore.

Why do Sony fans always shitpost in Xbox and Nintendo threads, I will never understand this phenomenon.

Fuck you, you mother fucker, if you lived on my street I would murder you in broad daylight with an ax.

>there will be a Halo Wars 3
Fucking based! Hopefully i won't have to wait another 8 years though.

Attached: ignacio-bazan-lazcano-halo-sketch-7-2.jpg (1920x963, 324K)

5 is passable if you're not a campaignfag.

>DMR AND BOLTSHOT, LMAO
Are you implying that Halo hasn't always revolved around a single weapon?

Invasion feels too small in comparison.

Nope, it was shit before Halo 4 and it was definitely worse in 4.

>one of the defining aspects of halo was always shit
It was really no worse in 4 than any other game.

Faggot the boltshot was a pocket shotgun you could spawn with. Halo 5 was pretty good aside from the campaign, lacking launch, and shitty 343 art style, but halo 4 was absolutely shit.

All the 4runner guns look, feel, and sound like dog shit.

>all these people who say Halo 5 was good in any capacity
>people unironically saying Halo 4 was better than Reach when 4 is Reach multiplied by cancer
This thread is pretty yikes.

The Light Rifle was the best gun in the game.

I doubt it, 343 seems very dedicated to it.

>all these people who say Halo 5 was good in any capacity
Forge and customs are literally god tier.

Reach had the benefit of having a really shitty campaign to boot that only zoomer normies would love.

>don mattrick still ruining things I like six years on
whew, has there been a bigger villain in vidya?

Reminder that Chief will turn Cortana into human with some dumb Forerunner tech, marry his waifu and live happily ever after. Mark my fucking words

Attached: cortana.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 112K)

>it wasnt our fault, it was Don's!
So if Infinity turns out to be trash who are they going to blame, Phil?

Warzone is fun though.

That would just add to his harem collection.

Have you played it?

The jews.

4 Cortana was best Cortana. This is factual.

It also had horrible motion blur.
And a shit campaign.
And a shit story.

343, at that point it's all them, Halo 4 and 5 wasn't a Bungie situation where they either didn't care or didn't give a shit, this was Microsoft getting involved and fucking up the games.

No I'm implying that this bitch is doing damage control and not accepting any of the blame for killing Halo

what are others?

>all of these points are not "Halo on pc"
i sleep

so Phil?

lmao this image is 2004 sized too

wheres that boomer who thinks Halo is a combination of a million qualities all at the same time and only between certain years so Bonnie Ross and everyone else who actually played every halo can shit on him

Palmer, Librarian, Kelly, Lucy

dumb zoomer

>It still had local co-op
>It still had splitscreen
And?
>It had firefight
And was shit compared to ODST's
>Loadouts and other not-Halo shit were optional on some playlists and hadn't seeped into the whole game yet
They shouldn't have been in the game to begin with.

You forgot
>terrible campaign
>terrible story
>terrible characters
>terrible levels
>terrible gameplay
>campaign maps in multiplayer
>grey Forge maps
>motion blur
>sub 20fps
>screen tearing
>muted color palette
>film grain
>jaggies
>poor not terrible art style
>worst Marty music in the series
>broke Halo CE-3 and lore canon to exist
Yup, Reach sure was great.

>all Xbox Game Studios devs will get unlimited time for their games
Well that makes me optimistic about FH5 after FH4 turned out shit. 2 years was not enough but it is improving slowly.

based
I trust Infinity for now

I bet she likes being choked and slapped while receiving painal. At the very least she's taken a thumb up her ass before.

>Sony
Nope, I got into gaming late so my first console was an OG Xbox and its first game was Halo 2. Before that I played Halo on the PC. Jumped ship to PC after Halo 4 was dogshit and Xbox had no games outside of Kinect shit and Call of Duty. Since then I've excitedly tried El Dewrito and Halo 5 Forge only to be disappointed both times.

Halo is still close to my heart and I want the series to make a comeback but I harbor no particular love for the Xbox itself or the retards currently half-assedly parading around Halo's corpse.

In the other games you didn't necessarily spawned with the 2 most effective weapons in the game you dumb BR spawn fag. In 4 you did. Also, the Halo 4 DMR was the second coming of the Halo CE pistol, if you take into account its incredible range.
That "defining" aspect has always been the biggest flaw of Halo's sandbox.

Here we go
>Palmer (Marine from Halo 2 that gives Chief the shotgun)
>another female Marine in Halo 2
>Serah Palmer
>Cortana
>Kelly
>Lucy
>Linda
>girl from Starry Nights
>Young Halsey
>Daisy
>Vale
>Librarian

You need to get Sheev pilled, kid.

Attached: sheev.jpg (1529x1200, 189K)

>the reason Halo 4 was the way it was is because of Don Mattrick wanted the game to release on the 360 when it was originally an Xbox One launch title
so 4 was shit for the same reason why Infinite is going to be shit?

MS seriously shot themselves in the foot by giving so little fuck about developing games for this gen. Now they have to release Infinite for the Xbone too instead of developing it as a pure next gen system seller for the Scarlet.

BotW worked as a system seller for the Switch only because noone fucking owned a WiiU in the first place, but the Xbone still sold a good amount of units, and most of these people will just buy Infinite for the xbone and don't give much fuck about the Scarlet.

It's also hard to see Halo be really relevant with the oversaturation of popular scifi shooters these days.

>Nope, I got into gaming late so my first console was an OG Xbox and its first game was Halo 2
That makes so much sense.

im suprised she didnt blame the new shitty lore on Don while she was at it

But Infinite is cross gen.

What are the redeeming qualities of any Disney Wars?
Kylo Ren is about half an interesting character, and some of the battles in Rogue One and TFA are cool, but other than that I got nothing.

You're not wrong, Chief's parts were definitely more meaningful to the overall story and had more memorable moments/battles/parts. However I still think that the hate for the Arbiter himself, and the rabid opposition to playing as anyone but the MC for fear of creating "another Arbiter", is misplaced.

Don didn't deal with the lore he dealt with the Xbox's and its games direction.

Halo is objectively worse when you don't spawn with a weapon. It snowballs way too easily.

Locke brought that fear back.

>>Halo 4 balanced the armor abilities
I’m not even gonna read the rest after reading that shit

>subjective garbage: the post

litereally means that they have to make the game for the xbone, and it will only get some resolution boost on the Scarlet (not even fps considering that it will probably alrady aim for 60 on the xbone)

the game itself won't give a lot of reason to people to buy a Scarlet if they alraedy have an xbone

stop existing

Since when were Halo Wars, ODST and Reach divisive? Literally everyone that I know that played Halo loved them from launch?

>subjective
Keep telling yourself that.

ITS ALL WHITE MALE'S FAULT
NOT ME
I DINDU NUFFIN
fucking women are never to blame. fuck 343 studios fuck that old ugly cunt. Fuck 343 pajeets shilling their garbage too.

This is why you give plenty of choices to the player. Avoid long line of sights when creating maps, places obstacles and corners to ambush players, put at least 2 precision weapons within a team's base, access to transport vehicles to cut distances and give a decent side arm to at least be effective against the precision weapons. But more importantly, don't make the precision weapons overpowered, that's why games "snowballs" when one team doesn't have access to these weapons.

I contribute to Halo discussions, user.

Attached: .jpg (4741x2000, 1.69M)

>Halo 5 gameplay

Yikes! I'll pass.

Didn't stop people from buying Zelda BOTW on the Switch over the Wii U, people are ready to move on from the Xbone, even Microsoft's devs.

For me, I always thought Halo Wars was cool but didn't like ODST or Reach.

But it was fun.

Never played Halo 5 myself, but I've heard nobody liked him so fair point.

I guess it is hard to replace the Chief, if anything because he's such a non- character (not meant in a negative way). Rookie and Noble Six went too far in the opposite direction in my opinion, they weren't bad but they had no character. Chief expresses himself just enough to be a character, but not so much that his personality gets in the way. It also contrasted nicely with the great supporting cast of characters in your ear (Cortana, Johnson, Keyes, the marines, etc.) which carried plenty of personality to make up for the Chief's overall lack thereof.

Pretty accurate if you consider the clones the only good part of the prequels. Clones are basically ODST.

That's all well and good. But is it going to be on PC?

It's fun if you like Call of Duty.

343 worked on the map packs for Reach
probably only worked on firefight maps with ODST.

Yeah, it was so bad that Bonnie stated that she wish that Halo 5 wasn't considered a mainline game by her team and if she would redo it wouldn't have a number and possibly not Chief either making it a spin-off.

But Halo 5 plays nothing like Call of Duty.

>mattrick involved in 5
Wait when did that cuck leave MS again? Wasn't he already gone before H5 was announced?

Am I wrong though? Yes Xbox One is doing better than ever. But what game do you suppose is driving that success? Crackdown 3? State of Decay 2? Sea of Thieves? Sunset Overdrive?

...or could it be that it's the cheapest way to play huge multi-platform hits like Red Dead, Battlefield, Black Ops 4, FIFA, Minecraft, GTAV, Assassin's Creed, and Fortnite?

There's nothing wrong with achieving success with multiplats, but don't pretend that Xbox's recent success is a sign that their first-party studios are improving.

So basically
>Blame Don Mattrick
I'm so fucking glad this guy is gone.

Attached: Don Mattrick.jpg (594x396, 33K)

Sprint, ADS, and clamber are all Call of Duty.

No, it was announced in 2013 before he left.

Wow. Its amazing how 343i can't even get their 'everything is going to be good from here on, guys' message done right.

Everything about this interview just shows they still don't get it. They learned nothing, and are still just blaming everyone else.

This guy was pure cancer.

They all came before Call of Duty.

>Halo 4 better vehicles
>Halo 4 had better maps
Holy shit that is a lot of wrong opinions.

While also implementing ADS, thrusters, sprint and that stupid ground pound.
>Halo 5 is the most competitive ready game in the series with the best new gametype in the series since Grifball with Breakout
What is invasion.
nobody knows what you are trying to say with this, and I'd take a guess you don't either, just throwing out buzzwords.
being better than H4 was no achievement, also the rest of that statement is wrong.
>60 fps
Bloody well should be since it doesn't make any other improvements and doesn't support splitscreen on new hardware.
objectively wrong.
>No paying for maps
Because microtransactions are so much better.
>Best forge to date
With no gamemodes to use with it, making it objectively worse than Reach.

If your boss tells you to do something and you do the opposite, enjoy not having a job.

>they all came before call of duty
And? That doesn't change anything.

>Dawn
>Composer
>Midnight
Are all GOAT campaign levels and H4's story was actually very good, it just was a bit to rushed to fully explain all the extended lore going on. 4's MP sucked cock.

5's campaign outside of the first Chief/Blue Team level "Blue Team" sucked shit but the MP was actually very fun just extremely barebones at launch.

FH4 was good though. Only the multiplayer sucked, it's like the reverse Halo 5

It does

This, I did like Reunion though.

>it was all Don's fault!
While that excuse is 100% believable i still hold 343 accountable for taking FOUR YEARS to fix MCC

Attached: 1550150610419.png (524x487, 311K)

>It was all Dons fault
So who will she blame next when Halo Infinite is a piece of shit

Attached: 1550908444469.jpg (606x613, 60K)

Halo 5's multiplayer is pretty good but its presentation wasn't. Specifically Warzone's microtransaction crap and the dude-bro approach the game had in the beta where the Spartans would fist bump and make showboating gestures like something out of the NFL. Also them saying ADS isn't in the game in favor of "Smart Scope" which is literally ADS but with a crappier name

Blaming Don Matrick is pathetic & this is the same old rhetoric about how they will go back to the series roots & take the best parts from the old games

343 just can't make a good Halo game

>Arbiter Coop partner again
>wildlife database/ metroid prime like database
Make it happen

Why it took so long to fix MCC was Terry Myerson, 343 wanted to fix it but he kept saying no since he hated Xbox.

>"if"

Don Mattrick and Terry Myerson hated Xbox and wanted the division dead.

>The fuck has been happening since Ghosts of Onyx?

Did you read the Kilo-Five trilogy and play Halo 4? That's the beginning of the 343-era canon.

I don't think its that hard to replace Chief as the main character of the mainline games.

Halo 5 botched sidelining Chief because the characterization of Osiris squad was so garbage. The story itself being shit didn't help either. Shitty writing fucked that up, not knee-jerk reactions to someone other than Chief being in the spotlight.

ADS, clambering, and all cod bullshit are in. Along with microtransactions.

>Halo 5 botched sidelining Chief because the characterization of Osiris squad was so garbage. The story itself being shit didn't help either. Shitty writing fucked that up, not knee-jerk reactions to someone other than Chief being in the spotlight.

Why do Halo fans chimp out when Master Chief and Cortana aren't the focus?

343 has had some fuck ups, but people should be able to imagine how much worse 343 could be. They fixed MCC, and Halo 5 multiplayer is tight. I'm pumped infinite is gonna be sweet.

>Halo declines substantially as a franchise
>"It's all Don's fault!"
>Microsoft's game output is minimal in number and mediocre in quality
>"It's all Terry's fault!"
The excuses can't be milked forever

>only the multiplayer sucked
Not the cancer dances and emotes.
Not the removal of voice chat and implementation of a barely functional text chat system with not enough options or slots to hold pre sets.
Not the progression system being over bloated by repeats of character clothing items (dozens of the same in different colours as well), cancer emotes and dances, and novelty horns people will use once and then never again.
Not the fact the main game can be beaten within 3 hours and everything past that is grind.
Not the fact that the DLC had an objectively better environment because it wasn't 90% forest and farmland.
Not the numerous server issues.
Not the piss poor AI that rams you off the road and defy the laws of physics on occasion.
Not the physics engine that bugs out on occasion and makes stupid shit happen.
Not any of the real problems FH4 has right?

wrong, frank o'connor is the kathleen kennedy of halo

Isn't girl from starry nights kelly though

Kek

Don't bother with the Kilo-Five trilogy. Its so bad. Damn thing reads like the writer hated the Halo franchise.

Banished have been one of 343's very good ideas. Cool characters and an art style mostly based on the classic one. Their faction has a pretty neat story as well, even if a little out their in terms of how believable it is.

Attached: Halo wars 2 voridus and pavium.jpg (542x305, 150K)

Not him but the general consensus is that mainline games should be Master Chief and Master Chief alone, it's been that way since Halo 2, this is why ODST and Reach didn't get flak for this because those games were never meant to be Master Chief stories like Halo 2 and 5 were. People were shitting on Locke way before his personality was revealed, no one wanted a repeat of Halo 2. Bungie and 343 lied through Halo 2 and 5's advertisements about them being a continuation of Chief's story but in both cases, we didn't get that so both Halo 2 and 5's campaign got destroyed by the fans.

Chimps gonna chimp, I guess.

The multiplayer still sucks. Also
>Wheelspins are ruined because they're 90% cosmetic garbage instead of cars or credits
>Forzathon is completely ruined because PlayGround keeps raising the prices on reward items so if you don't grind hourly Forzathon events constantly then you can't afford shit aside from crappy cosmetics
>The seasons don't actually change everything
>Xbox versions suffer from numerous technical issues
>The PC version had bad audio problems
>One barn find is locked behind a 10 million credit house
>Player houses in general were a terrible idea since they replace festival hubs
>The PvP challenges are utterly infuriating

Halo fans are majority retards and children that can't understand well written characters like Arbiter.

>Halo fans are majority retards and children that can't understand well written characters like Arbiter.

Halo 4 Chief was better written than Arbiter.

No, she appears in Hunt the Truth.

>Bungie and 343 lied through Halo 2 and 5's advertisement
Fucking christ, I forgot all about the horeshit that was H5's ad campaign. Shit like Hunt the Truth got me so hype for the game.

In all fairness Hunt the Truth is still pretty good on its own.

His character took a 180 after all the books and first 3 games, so I wouldn't agree.

Even the alternate timeline has a shitty ending

Attached: reset.png (436x433, 276K)

>was originally about fighting the Didact
>he gets shoved to the side and double-composed
>becomes about the Janus Key and forerunner stockpiles with fighting against Jul Mdama
>Janus Key gets resolved in a comic, Jul dies at the start of 5
>becomes about Cortana and an AI revolution
>Halo Infinite already announced to be a "soft reboot" of the franchise

What went wrong?

>Well we wanted to make Halo 4 a launch title but Mattick made us make it on 360!
>Oh btw, we're releasing Halo infinite on the Xbone when Scarlett is coming out in like a year
Yikes

I guess they realized that Jul wouldn't be able to carry a whole game on his own, especially considering to anyone outside of reading the comics he would be a literal who.

Don Mattrick sure seems like a convenient scapegoat for why everything MS is a total shit show

To be fair he is the reason the Xbox launch and subsequent two years were terrible. However there's no excuse for it now no matter how many studios Phil buys

>when you remember a time when this was considered casual trash and people joked about it being lorded as one of the classics in the future
>it became true

Attached: 1550364358238.gif (177x150, 1.74M)

You know they've fucked things up when couch coop is going to be one of the main selling points for their next halo game

Attached: 1520805153216.png (431x762, 598K)

phil is a CIS WHITE MALE ITS ALL HIS FAULT FOR GIVING US SEVERAL YEARS TO MAKE NEW HALO GAME

He literally told people to not buy the Xbone and just stick with the 360 if they were unhappy, and the Kinect was all his doing.

This. I'll believe 343 if they can make a good game, which I am highly skeptical of.

343 was the one who was patching Reach post release, not that that's a good thing.

>This. I'll believe 343 if they can make a good game, which I am highly skeptical of.

Can they make a good game without them?

>Visual designs: Marcus Lehto and Shi Kai Wang

>Gameplay: Jaime Griesemer and Max Hoberman

>Story: Joseph Staten for the games, Eric Nylund and Eric Trautmann for the expanded lore

>Music: Martin O'Donnell

Yeah, it really is. Had a great cast as well.

The fact that it was just part of 343i's giant ad campaign scam really sours me on it.

I know it would never happen but It'd make my life if someone at Bungie responded to this interview saying it's all bullshit.

Yes, but what does that have to do with 343 Halo being garbage? Halo 4 being a Bone launch title would have probably just made it look slightly prettier. It's really activating my almonds the Don Mattick is somehow responsible for everyone of 343's fuckups.

That's about it, though I'd also add Krennic and his theme to the list, which is probably my favorite piece of music out of the Disney films though the rest of the R1 score is muddled by too many themes and not enough development time. Pretty much all of the Disney Wars projects have mismanaged the music (from the movies to the shows), which is fucking awful because excellent music is one of the fundamental building blocks of what makes Star Wars great.

It's far more limited than the good points of the prequels, but they exist. However, unlike the prequels where you might be able to argue that the good points make them worthwhile, I don't think there's enough of them to make the same case for the sequels.

>Yeah, it really is. Had a great cast as well.
>The fact that it was just part of 343i's giant ad campaign scam really sours me on it.

Were Brian Reed, Greg Bear and Karen Traviss that bad for Halo's narrative?

He was.

>Pushed for Xbone to have the camera come standard for waggle games
>Wanted it to be always online, "if your internet is bad, we have a product called the Xbox 360 for you"
>That whole mess about used game sales
>Wanted the Xbox to be the next water cooler

He ruined Xbox's image to everyone.

>NEW THING BAD

Attached: oww.jpg (450x600, 49K)

>I know it would never happen but It'd make my life if someone at Bungie responded to this interview saying it's all bullshit.

Hardy Lebel already did

youtube.com/watch?v=OheqVrMGPv0

I'm not sure how you looked at this games "Super mega giga army that's totally better than Bungie's shitty Covenant and they've never been seen before but they're super strong I swear!" and thought they were good, but that's just me.

Halo mainline is Chief's game, Arbiter and Locke should have been spin-offs.

This

>there will be a time where overwatch and current BRs will be considered classics

Halo 4 was the best written, best design, and the most replayable Halo game. I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Hey at least we got the better timeline, I don't want to know what happened in the other timeline.

Brian Reed

Ehhh, its really easy.

Instead of opening the game with Halsey being interrogated, you have a some shit where Jul and the Janus key get expositioned in a "what do we do about this shit?" type conversation. Boom. Everyone is caught up.

Give Jul some personality, Halsey being a cunty sidekick, Forerunner shit going bonkers. It could've worked pretty well.

halo was and will always be shit

Greg Bear was great, the other two sucked donkey butts.

>Sprint, ADS, and clamber are all Call of Duty.
You're fucking retarded.

>MY TOYS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS

Attached: amy.png (381x396, 180K)

Based 343 shill

I really liked Greg Bear's stuff. But then, he's a real writer, with real science fiction under his belt.

Traviss just took a giant shit on everything.

And Reed... well, Reed is someone who is so bad at writing, he got kicked out of Marvel for writing shitty comics. So... yeah.

>spiritual reboot
What the fuck does this even mean? A reboot but not really but its going to take its own direction anyways? Maybe structurally we will get a single location, a Halo maybe, and the game will be an open world

>Halo 4 was the best written
Maybe
>best design, and the most replayable Halo game
No

Not that user, but H4 was the best for Chief as a character. In all other games he's generic action hero #57.

Not an argument.

I think it's more like Crackdown 3 where Halo 4 and 5 happened but they're not really important to Infinite.

Chief isn't a character. He's a soulless robot. Something the women at 343 didn't understand.

>In all other games he's generic action hero #57
Especially in Halo 2.

they said in another article that they want the pc audience, remember halo wars was brought to steam in the last few years, chances are it will be on the window store

Let's thank based Don for releasing MCC with all but one previous halo games in it. Like seriously, I'm glad he pushed the boundary there.

Since Don Mattrick isn't involved with its development, I might actually look forward to Infinite

i can't wait for the horrible CE+4 "we want the 13+ demo" abomination that premiers at E3

>Dawn
>Shutdown
>Composer
>Midnight

Better and more replayable than every mission in Bungie's Halo campaigns.

Halo 4 has by far the best Master Chief in game to date for actual character beyond one liners, since we see him tearing up at the seams from the mere thought that he's going to lose Cortana, his true love in a way, and his only companion through most of the Halo Trilogy

Based 343 shill.

Yeah, instead of getting something that worked we got something that nuked the Xbone even further, thanks Don.

Yeah, no

Greg Bear is the only other decent writer I can say Halo has on it. then again I mostly only read the first three books, Contact Harvest, Cole Protocol, Ghosts of Onyx, and the Forerunner Trilogy.
I think I read one about Grey team or something but I don't remember it too well.

>343 isn't the only Xbox Game Studios devs that will get unlimited time for their games, all Xbox Game Studios devs will
This is probably the best bit of news for me. I hate rushed games that are on a timeline, they are never good.
Now let's just hope phil stops fucking cancelling them.

Now that the Xbox division has an unlimited budget I doubt he will and if he does we wouldn't know about it.

Same could be said about Other M but look where that got us.

How did one person fuck up so hard, Halo tanked and the Xbone is fucking awful

Fusion had the best characterization for Samus, Other M ruined that.

I liked flat chested fairy-like cortana. Not a fan of the big titty mommies.

Any mention of 343 making a non-halo game?

>the reason Halo 4 was the way it was is because of Don Mattrick getting involved with the development and also wanting the game to release on the 360 when it was originally an Xbox One launch title
I fucking knew it.

>Cortana's tits only got bigger.
Rampancy does funny things to an AI I guess.

No, they were created for Halo.

>Same could be said about Other M but look where that got us.

Halo 4's campaign was good because of strong writing and narrative focus. Halo 5 had a lot of problems, but a reduced focus on Chief was a symptom of something larger, not a primary cause.

She had breast physics in Halo 3.

>Any mention of 343 making a non-halo game?

What is the company's name again?

Halo 5 multiplayer has great movement and weapon balance.

Wish the gameplay was up there, hope Infinite a combination of Halo CE and 3 along with Chief's sections in 2 and Halo 4's story and characterization.

Halo 5 has the best gameplay balance in the entire series.

Agreed?

Portal 2

>Midnight
Whoever designed the final stretch of that mission can go fuck themselves for all eternity.

Fuck off.

Yeah they already made 2.

Attached: 1538169854348.jpg (500x481, 26K)

Why did they remove couch coop and LAN parties from Halo 5?

Agreed

because they desperately need to sell more consoles and xbox live subscriptions.

because the people that grew up playing halo are too old, busy and tired to physically go to a friends house or it's impossible since they've moved away

Attached: 1538366383342.gif (432x243, 1.53M)

My guess is higher ups at MS told them to, that way they'd sell more copies.
Or they're retarded, I don't know.
At least it's coming back to the next halo (allegedly).

My code couldn't handle it and they added LAN late. I can defend 343 on this, modders had trouble working through Halo's code since it's such a mess, Halo 2 was a miracle since the game crashes every time something small is changed.

Performance. Apparently doing splitscreen would sacrifice 60fps, which isn't surprising considering that the game already drops its dynamic resolution down to toaster quality in pursuit of 60fps.

I actually find myself enjoying H5 MP more than H2, and it was always my absolute favorite.

>the last ok halo was 9 years ago
>the last great halo was 12 years ago
damn it

Attached: 4534534.jpg (1418x582, 73K)

*My guess is that the code

Fuck Don Mattrick, the Xbox One was such a piece of shit.

>My code couldn't handle it and they added LAN late.

Yet every Halo game from H1, H2, H3, Reach, Wars, and H4 had it though?

>I actually find myself enjoying H5 MP more than H2, and it was always my absolute favorite.

Halo 5 was made by the competitive players for the competitive players. It's Halo at its best.

What is Don doing now? Last thing I heard is he leaving that failed Zynga company.

Between performance or the code. 343 were using the same engine since 2001.

God if there's one thing that Halo 4 did right it was Cortana

Attached: 1536783 - Cortana Halo Master_Chief Tarakanovich.jpg (885x1100, 342K)

You were never around for the nightly halo threads, after all manchildren were tucked into bed by mommy. Was some of the best threads Yea Forums ever had, even the warhammer vs halo shitposting threads were comfy.

>343 were using the same engine since 2001.

Is that why they are making a new engine from now on?

H4 cortana is best cortana and anyone who disagrees is a legitimate faggot.

reach was kinda shit
4 was shit
5 was shit
its going to be
shit

What made Fall of Reach, Halo CE, First Strike, Halo 2, Ghosts of Onyx, Halo 3 and ODST so beloved by the Halo fans?

Attached: isaac-hannaford-ih-manual-cover-01-c-small.jpg (1120x2000, 462K)

Who knows

Yes

It wasn't soulless cashgrabs.

dyke hair cortana is best cortana.
snarky and cute.

>ODST
>not a cash grab

Games were fun and teased at a bigger universe with lots of lore. The Novels scratched that itch.

Attached: masterbeef.jpg (900x454, 61K)

It was better than Reach and 2 so shut up.

>ODST
>Better than 2 or Reach. Or anything at all.
Never thought I'd see such a shit opinion in my life

God that picture looks so aesthetic. What the fuck happened to this Halo?

Attached: 1517024503168.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

>Better than 2
It was barely even better than Reach, I may even say they're close to equally bad. 2's campaign was a disappointment but at least it was still enjoyable and fun to replay.

>just blaming Mattick for everything
bullshit

Will we get a proper cross-species romance novel with Usze Taham and Olympia Vale now that Osiris Team is getting softly written out?

Attached: olympia vale sangheili.png (500x458, 170K)

This is halo now.
youtu.be/u0MgL5OI_Q8

Thats what women do. Blame everyone else. Replace this bitch with a man and Halo will be good again.

>WOULD YOU LIKE SOME KEBAP is better than Halo 2
Fuck off, mate.

>MCC was originally Halo 2A but Don wanted more

THATS ALL ANYBODY FUCKING WANTED!

fuck I'm mad, all they needed to do was release H2A with ALL THE MAPS REMADE and they would've made a fucking killing.

Myerson was also to blaim.

Reach was a full game at least. ODST really should have kept the half price tag at release. It was just an expansion pack.

No. All the females in Halo belong to mister chef

cute

Attached: 7baebaf37ae8db8ad582d5ad269cdd9f.jpg (900x630, 85K)

*blame

DON MATTRICK wanted ODST to sell at full price even though Bungie said it was a bad idea.

Attached: 1495637138069.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

I'll defend Halo 4's single player largely, although it's worse aspects are the worst parts of the entire series (haven't played H5).
i.e fuck off palmer

Typos happen, man

She and Locke are so unlikable.

I remember.
Of course Halo went to shit when retarded suits with nothing but corporate interest in mind began making decisions over the product they sell, rather than trust the devs and community.

See also: EA, XBone announcement fiasco

>Open the final level with a cool death star trench run
>finish it with a QTE
I could have overlooked most of the game's campaign issues if they had had a cool and challenging final boss.
It's hilarious how you literally "press X to win" on the Didact.

Halo 5 is shit.

>halo 4 was shit, but we promise the next one will be good!
>mcc was shit, but we promise the next one will be good!
>halo 5 was shit, but we promise the next one will be good!

It's baffling to me that people still give 343 the befit of the doubt after 7 straight years of terrible halo games. How many times are people gonna fall for their lies? Why can't you people just wait and see literally anything about the game before you get your hopes up? Do you enjoy being let down year after year by these incompetent hacks?

>although it's worse aspects are the worst parts of the entire series

Explain this?

Sure they don't make much sense, but they are still pretty cool overall. Halo needs some more rule of cool in general when it comes to some things.

BASED user. Do you have any of the other more recent releases like silent storm or bad blood/new blood.

Attached: 8bpeg4e0mp321.jpg (4000x5000, 1.06M)

Halo Online was the only good halo I've played since ODST and 343 fucked that up as well.

>Halo Wars 3

Oh fuck yeah, the art style and gameplay was solid. Just make blitz not P2W and add more maps.

Watch the Halo 4 concept trailer.

It's vastly different to what we got. It's clear the CoD bullshit was shoved in at some point during development because the concept trailer makes it clear Chief is on his own on the Dyson Sphere (no marines showing up 5 minutes later).

Huh. They actually came right out and said it. Seems like a good sign, I suppose.

Yup and guess where Don came from, EA. They really do kill everything they touch, even Microsoft.

I'm embarrassed to share a board with people that unironically liked Halo 5's multiplayer.

Why do you hate fun, user?

Humans, Covenant, Forerunners, every race in the galaxy/universe will team up and fight the Flood. Halo endgame confirmed.

Yeah, under lore.
Art Books:
>Art of Halo 3
imgur.com/a/OOF1r

>Art of Halo 5
imgur.com/a/6FqzO

>Art of Halo (Original)
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ZUJSdjgxUXctZ2s

>Art of Halo (CE to Wars/Reach)
imgur.com/a/Pb9Vq

>Art Compilation from CE to 4
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ckt0ZDdWaG1WSkk

Lore:
>Warfleet
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42Sk9iamNQaW81V3c

>Halo Books
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42aUIwbUZxWHJ0V1E

Attached: _.jpg (3558x2000, 891K)

They did something like that for CE Anniversary but you needed a kinect. It was honestly a neat feature

Didn't even bother picking up 5 since they removed couch co-op, but are they still trying to push that shit from the books about Halsey suddenly being a space nazi and everyone who worked with her now hating her? Or that one shitty team they made with the Spartan II chick who had daddy issues, some retard ODST who wanted to fuck her, all under the thumb of that Spartan reject now running ONI? Couldn't even finish that one, probably when I stopped reading any of them, and I really enjoyed most of the early ones.

>Or that one shitty team they made with the Spartan II chick who had daddy issues, some retard ODST who wanted to fuck her, all under the thumb of that Spartan reject now running ONI?
They have not appeared in anything since Kilo-5.

youtu.be/bdzF6TyhBvU

I'm waiting for that codex, hope one is added in Infinite.

I don't like Palmer, I didn't even read any forums back then so my dislike of Palmer is entirely my own burning hatred of such a awful character (that got a lot of attention in future games and novels for some reason?) and indicative of the lost of charm Halo had moving into 4.
We lost Johnson for that boring cunt.

Didact was a complete misfire, barely explained in the game and requires terminals and novels to actually explain his character at all. And on that point due to the Didact's complete lack of explanation within the game itself the terminals were downgraded from an introspective AI examining a galactic genocide he was responsible for an attempting to make amends that enriches the narrative of Halo 3 rather than simply just being the actual fucking narrative of the game.
The final terminal of Halo 3 is god tier while all I remember from Halo 4 terminals is boring cutscenes *kinda* explaining why the Didact was a cunt. And this isn't even getting into the mess of there being two Didacts.
Also him being a X to die boss who doesn't actually die until some fucking comic was really dumb.

Also didn't the Libarian make Master Chief 'the chosen one' or whatever? If I'm not misremembering that's also awful.

Those are the two biggest examples I can think of right now, it's been sometime since I've yelled about the bad parts of Halo 4 so I'm a bit hazy on the smaller details.
Oh the Promethians were boring as hell to fight so there's that.

Attached: high res freddy.jpg (5120x2880, 3.37M)

but it's really fun user

Palmer was part of the UNSC being shoved into Halo 4 for a more COD feel, when they were not originally that important.

>It's vastly different to what we got. It's clear the CoD bullshit was shoved in at some point during development because the concept trailer makes it clear Chief is on his own on the Dyson Sphere (no marines showing up 5 minutes later).

Didn't 343i say that they had a traditional Halo 2/Halo 3 experience, and then changed it to chase the CoD audience?

That's one good thing at least. That whole narrative was shit in my opinion.

Yes, the full story is they showed this off to Don and some other suits and they told them to make it play like COD because it looked and played too much like Halo.
youtube.com/watch?v=LweveDXYy1k

>Spartan II chick who had daddy issues,

Why do female writers often write about daddy issues?

Because they have daddy issues.

The audacity of these fucking people to blame literally EVERYTHING on Don Mattrick as if their franchise was fucking held hostage and every single element was being dictated to him his is such fucking unbelievable bullshit that I am in disbelief reading that. Do they seriously think people are going to believe this utter garbage?

>some retard ODST who wanted to fuck her
based

Attached: 18uiny995pi7ojpg.jpg (640x480, 125K)

Don Mattrick got involved with every Xbox project, didn't give a shit about devs, didn't give a shit if something would risk losing sales. He was the head of Xbox and everything he said went when he left, Terry Myerson took his place. There were several suits inside Microsoft trying to kill off and sabotage the Xbox division.

What about Frank O'Connor and his lies?

They need to bring Marty back
Halo isn't Halo without him

I read the books ages ago, are the precursors going to make an appearance?

This soft reboot thing makes it sound like they’re not going to resolve the ‘cortana taking over the universe’ plot line.

Busted so many nuts to H4 Cortana. Only video game character I've ever fapped to.

>They need to bring Marty back
>Halo isn't Halo without him

And Eric Nylund, Joe Staten, Marcus Lehto, or Max Hoberman?

Halo 5's multiplayer is spastic garbage that devolved into mindlessly rushing the enemy

Attached: 18319296_1296686427119074_8879705076262532508_o.jpg (1638x2048, 255K)

>This soft reboot thing makes it sound like they’re not going to resolve the ‘cortana taking over the universe’ plot line.

Remember the Librarian and Didact from Halo 4?

He was probably told to say whatever for PR sake.

sauce? I dont believe you.

The difference is Halo 1-3 were always good, they just had a shitty dudebro audience

Just a load of flash backs?

I'm still confused as to what Halo Infinite is even supposed to be

A video game.

>I'm still confused as to what Halo Infinite is even supposed to be

343i distancing themselves from Halo 4 and Halo 5's story.

They still make those?!

They are rare, indeed. But sometime they are created, once in a blue moon...

youtube.com/watch?v=hcBnJiABVg8

It jiggles in this cutscene.

I mean, the remaining Halo fanbase are basically a bunch of battered wives who will always come back to suck 343i dick. They're going to lap this shit up.

>I read the books ages ago, are the precursors going to make an appearance?
Technically, they already did.

In truth, Bonnie said Microsoft but since in that time Don Mattrick and Terry Myerson was in control of Xbox I just changed it to Don and Terry because I know it was them that fucked over Halo and Xbox since they were in control so you can take what I say whichever way you like it Yea Forums. To me, Don Mattrick and Terry Myerson ruined Xbox and Halo, fuck them both.

>We wanted to just make Halo 2's campaign but our boss wanted more because obviously fans would want more
>We couldn't do it but it's not our fault, it's our boss's fault for wanting us to actually make the product fans wanted to play
>I'm also just going to say that Halo 4's multiplayer was bad and I'm going to ignore how shitty the single player was.
Lol, if op's notes are correct. This girl is trying to blame one of the people trying to make her games better. Not a good sign for the next Halo game.

I was thinking more in non flood form but I guess they’re all gone. I don’t recall them ever explaining how the forerunners actually defeated them.

Don't you have to go mow your lawn

She actually said Microsoft wanted, I added Don and Terry because we know it was those fuckers unless your a Sonyfag or a blind Bungie bitch. Also, mother fucker you knew damn well MCC was fucking impossible and they should have just made Halo 2 Anniversary or made Halo 4 an Xbox One launch title.

Nostalgia of cortana 1 beats thicc cortana 4.

It amazes how good H3 still looks at time.
Also I love H3's cinematography.

What's the verdict on SPV3?

Attached: 12130926805l.jpg (1000x422, 108K)

Don't forget you're on Yea Forums

There is the possibility they exist outside of the galaxy, but I would rather they keep them a mysterious factor for the most part, make them how forerunners were to the original trilogy.

▲ ▲

Halo 5 is even starts with weapons and powerups on maps, has Halo CE/2 style vertical level design, and the best weapon balance in the series.

Halo 5's MP is good and is arguably more Halo then Reach is

Good Halo Reach sequel

Attached: 1510879171935.jpg (3000x1688, 3.97M)

Halo 5 is the definitive Halo multiplayer experience.

>I don’t recall them ever explaining how the forerunners actually defeated them.
I remember reading a theory about how the Precursors engineered their defeat. That it was all part of their experiment with the Forerunners and the Mantle, or something. So the physical Precursors sacrificed themselves, while the bulk of Precursors were ascended into energy beings or some shit and were just observing everything going to hell.

I forget how much of this was based on facts, though.

You're the definitive Halo multiplayer experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=3UcDrhWixoc

Youtube video if anyone wants to see it, at E3 expect the Slipspace Engine to be showcased.

>over an hour
wew

>Engine showcase
They better showcase the engine with the fucking game because nobody's gonna give a rats taint about their engine without the game to back it up. Like, yeah here's some prerendered environments for something completely unrelated to halo, that what you guys wanna see, right?

Iirc didn’t the gravemind precursor the didact talked to tell him humanity was meant to take the mantle and the forerunners rebelled because they thought they were gonna get deleted.

>DON MATTRICK'S FAULT
Please, 343i

Attached: 1504051772154.jpg (570x500, 36K)

It will be gameplay

They actually said Microsoft, I threw in Don Mattrick and Terry Myerson.

I wonder whats going on that Bonnie can just throw the blame to Microsoft publicly like that.