I defeated the first boss, now I'm stuck here. I just wanted to say I hate games that make you feel lost on purpose

I defeated the first boss, now I'm stuck here. I just wanted to say I hate games that make you feel lost on purpose.

Attached: DS3_Firelink_Shrine_0.0.0.jpg (1920x1080, 449K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168566-dark-souls-iii/73578989
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You should learn to appreciate them more, but you're also retarded because this isn't a time where that's happening.

zoom zoom zoom

Are you genuinely retarded?
Approach the bonfire and warp

Why are first-playthrough Souls characters always so visually predictable.
I looked at the back of OP's character and without reading the low-tier post I knew instantly this fucker was new to Souls games.

Go to the bonfire in the middle and put the item you got from the boss in it to ignite the fire and allow you to fast travel.

>Lorefags
>PVPfags

Attached: 1488224552204.jpg (760x571, 41K)

You mean the uchi?

It's a bait retard, are you 12?

Idiots like you are the reason games have so many prompts for stupid shit. THINK. Press X to kill yourself.

this thread really shows how pretending to be retarded attracts actual retards to the site

Oh okay. The place is literally on the dark though, pretty shitty on the part of the developers to do that and let you run around in circles for 40 minutes.

I think it's your underdeveloped brain that is making you feel lost

Make my heart go boom boom

Attached: Zenon.jpg (570x320, 34K)

>this isn't a time where that's happening.

Given the retarded solution is to throw a sword in a fireplace, and that teleports you to the next location, I'd say yeah, that's exactly what's going on. Y'know, instead of just walking to the next location like a normal fucking game.

You are clearly too fucking stupid for video games. That area isn't even big.

Attached: (you) oni.gif (540x303, 3.67M)

The first thing you do at firelink shrine is place the sword down and the first prompt you're given after that is to rest
You're just stupid

>OP is complaining about not knowing how to leave Firelink
>Picture's character is wearing shit that would require them to leave Firelink

Yes I'm sure OP beat Gundyr and immediately hacked in the firekeeper set on his first blind playthrough. You got one big brain.

>He spent FORTY FUCKING MINUTES aimlessly wandering Firelink
Hahahahaha just give up now you absolute brainlet and save yourself some autistic shit-fits.

Attached: HAHAHAHAHA.png (400x684, 324K)

>Talk to the NPCs in the area
>The first one you'll probably see tells you exactly what to do
>durrr why didn't the game tell me what to do

Attached: 1545960563867.jpg (550x550, 20K)

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168566-dark-souls-iii/73578989

It's clearly not just me

I took literally the first image from google. I'm using the knight class (cause i heard it was the best for first timers)

I honestly had the same problem when I started with ds3. I didnt realize you could change tabs on the teleport and just assumed I had to find a path onward from the firelink shrine. its a shit design that tries really hard to be like demons souls with having a level select on central hub but ds3 lacks the gamey intuitive des had with the archstones. it's a mess of a design choise and I dont understand why anyone is defending it.

>go to google image
>"dark souls 3 firelink shrine"
>second result
You're giving OP a run for his money.

Attached: 1377558409930.jpg (680x499, 210K)

>Ran around in circles in firelink shrine for 40 minutes
Honestly, you might be stupid or just really bad at video games.

And then you attempt to bolster your argument by showing that 12 year olds on gamefaqs also didnt get it. This is not helping you. If you post on/use gamefaqs forums, this site is not for you. We will not show you any mercy

>Look guys I am literally as retarded as the invalids that browse GameFAQs

Attached: 1586565754345.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

The firekeeper told me to put the sword in the bonfire, so I did it. Because I have ears and a brain. I'm guessing you're one of those people that think they're smarter than the game, so you ignore any tutorials and NPC dialogue and end up confusing yourself.

Attached: 1470199230766.png (534x475, 250K)

I think the game is going to frustrate you a lot more after where you are now. There are many mechanics working behind the scenes that aren't explained to the player. Including upgrade paths for weapons and how certain gear works. Some people find it interesting to uncover a game's inner systems and optimize player builds for it. But if you're not into that aspect of RPGs then maybe wait for Sekiro where apparently there will be fewer RPG elements in favor of a more streamlined experience.

>dark souls 1
>retards go to the cemetery and die repeatedly because they don't know what an aqueduct is and they don't know how to explore
>dark souls 3
>miyazaki makes the game more linear, retards still manage to get stuck
Thank god the series is dead now, it can rest in peace far from these dumb niggers

Attached: 1256820323035.jpg (419x591, 185K)

Always remember the depressing HL2 dev commentary about all the playtesters that got themselves lost.

"Welcome to the bonfire, Unkindled One.
I am a Fire Keeper.
I tend to the flame, and tend to thee.
The Lords have left their thrones, and must be deliver'd to them.
To this end, I am at thy side."

"Produce the coiled sword at the bonfire.
The mark of ash will guide thee to the land of the Lords.
To Lothric, where the homes of the Lords converge."
This is literally the first thing the first NPC you will most likely interact with tells you. You have no excuse unless you're an ESL, like apparently is

Is this your first fucking souls game? Are you taht genuinely retarded that the POI right in the middle of the Shrine is of no interest?

Did you not realise that you've interacted with 2 bonfires prior to this

Neck yourself.

I think I skipped the dialogue because the dialogue system is fucking stupid, sometimes you skip right after the autoskip, and you get fucked.

I can only imagine the salt that'll be pouring off you when you get dunked on by your first invader.

Fucked up that second reply, was for who apparently doesn't comprehend the post I was responding to.

I didn't SEE the bonfire, idiot.

then I'll just play offline.

yes I produced the sword and she said go to the high wall of lothric. she didnt say teleport there via the bonfire.

>I think I skipped the dialogue because the dialogue system is fucking stupid
Something here is fucking stupid alright, but it ain't anything to do with the game.

Attached: 1518116480321.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

OP has now spent more time here defending his stupidity than actually playing the game
One wonders why he chose to infest video games instead of something that does not require any direct interaction such as movies, tv or music.

>then I'll just play offline.
Why are you even playing a Souls game?

Attached: 1549919695358.gif (359x202, 3.03M)

you should stop.

playing the game, i mean.
you're not going to last very long.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your brain on objective markers.

was I in the wrong when I assumed the game would function like the first dark souls and its sequel?

So you put the sword in the bonfire, saw it light up and didn't think to interact with it? Or you did interact with it, and didn't see the TRAVEL option?
Just quit dude, you ain't beating this game.

like ds 1&2, the games were changes/ran out of time/scrapped half way through and they had to work out a rational way to use the now unused assets... you gave an example yourself..
the weird sword you pull from the boss is never used again...neither is putting said sword into the ground to make a bonfire. early rumors of the game suggested that youde be able to make your own bonfires in places to some extent.

Attached: 1415088986756.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

No, but you're wrong when you make excuses for lack of basic observational skills.

You are not playing dark souls 1, pay attention dumbass.

I'm not the op I already beat the game ages ago. it took me 5 or so minutes to find out I had to teleport there but it was still enough nuisance to leave a sour first impression of the game.

go play DS1 first

fuck off

LITERALLY THE ENTIRE THREAD GOT BAITED THE FUCK OUT

LOOK AT HIS GEAR

HE HAS C L E A R L Y ADVANCED PAST FIRELINK

FUCK NIGGERS

AND FUCK THE JANITORS

Thank god for Sekiro. Getting real sick of idiots taking souls pvp seriously.

so?

Hahahaha

every Dark soul after the first one is a shitty mess

why are you defending bad design?

I hate you.

>lost
>in das3
>the second most linear game of the series

Attached: 1453751549684.jpg (236x210, 34K)

It's a google image picture, dumbass

>dozens of retards not realizing that it's a google image
>pvpfags being mad salty
Bravo, OP

Attached: 6509e537a5c36e8f37cb0c19b8b23b65.699x637x1.jpg (699x637, 42K)

we have nothing better to do

You should probably stick to Fortnite

>makes a thread asking how a bonfires works

pvp fags are literally always salty, it's like they need constant validation

>literally no one talking about pvp in the thread
>FUCKING PVPFAGS GET FUCKED
You guys seem pretty salty, couldn't disconnect from an invader in time?

this is the exact same thing that happened to me. the notion that i would have to use a teleport function in a souls game was so inconceivable that i wasted a good 1 hour exploring every last corner AFTER beating the sword master and the lizard. for a second i thought that i had to save 10k souls to buy the key from the old lady, but it sounded too dumb so i just looked it up. i was beyond disappointed.

that's what i did. but bonfires generally travel you to places you've already been at.

So like I said you thought you were smarter than the game and knew better already without checking out any options it presented you.

i played ds1 and i didn't have to teleport, i could just go wherever and begin my adventure
i played ds2 and i didn't have to teleport, i could just go wherever and begin my adventure
why they expected people to just assume that ds3 would require teleportation and even have the nerve to demand them to be fine with it is beyond me

>The mark of ash will guide thee to the land of the Lords
why use such a pretentious phrase?
why not just say "press A to teleport somewhere you've never been before", violating everything we've known about bonfires?

Because you're not playing 1 or 2. You're playing a new entry. It is entirely your own fault for assuming something and not trying all of your options. They were all presented to you and you ignored them because you though you knew how the game worked already, but actually did not. It's your fault and your fault alone, son.

>not trying all of your options
there was only 1 option
>They
one (1)
>were all presented to you
were not. firekeeper says the "mark of ash will guide you". i get it though, they wanted to be fancy about violating the lore and make it sound like a part of the setting and not a gimmick
>them
only one

Do you know what a fireplace looks like?

a pvpfag doesn't need to talk about pvp to be identified as such. Most of them can be identified by their toxic behavior which manifests itself whenever someone doesn't play well for their standards. These are the same people that regularly participate in pathetic fight clubs outside of Sulyvahn's church and hatemail you like crazy if you even dare to chug a single time. They are just toxic people who take the game too seriously and this thread is full of them. In conclusion, fuck off.

dude what if you could teleport to a bonfire you've never been at before?
and what if, you weren't even teleported at a bonfire? what if, like, you were teleported inside a closed room?

The bonfire has a list of options, one of them being the teleport option, and you did not think to try it. You are not helping your case. You assumed to know more about the game than you actually knew by not trying this one (1) option. You are not bright.

if you chug at a fight club fuck you. hatemail is retarded, but fuck you.
and especially fuck you if you chug against a caster/pyromancer. when that happens i just use the seperation crystal

>crown of Dusk equipped
>"guys help I've beaten Gundyr and I'm stuck"
Quit your bullshit, OP

Yikes at all this salt.

if i don't want to heal/restore, attune spells or fast travel to a location i've been at, i have no reason to use a bonfire. making the game linear is already bad, but making the starting area completely seperated from the early game is completely trash design. it's not surprising that many people didn't expect such a shitty mechanic from that series.
if you disagree then die of cancer.

>toxic
>thinks its okay to chug when its part of the unspoken rules to not chug in a fight club
feel free to chug all you want when you invade, all rules are off, but when you willingly join something that the community has decided to disallow as a rule, you're the fucking retard.

Attached: 1530502828937.jpg (1451x945, 593K)

Calm down. I agree that avoiding chugging is basic PvP etiquette, i wasn't defending it. I was just making a point against some players' toxicity, which should never be justified.

You are still pinning your own mistakes on the game. You did have a reason to use the bonfire, which was to travel to the first location, you just assumed you did not. You were wrong. You made a mistake. An understandable mistake, some could argue. But it was your mistake. Your fault. Did your parents not teach you about responsibility or something?

Calm down. I agree that avoiding chugging is basic PvP etiquette, i wasn't defending it. I was just making a point against some players' toxicity, which should never be justified

Guys, a question. I'm following a guide (yeah yeah) for Usurpation of Fire ending. Am hollowed, received 5 bonuses from Yoel, he's dead and replaced with Yuria. My question is, am I allowed to interact with Firekeeper and raise my levels, or will a simple conversation with her remove my hollowing? That part (in guide) was a bit confusing.

there can be no peace when you willingly use buzzwords, you retarded ape from outer space

Attached: 1526322388880.png (768x900, 740K)

no, you need to give her (the eyes, i think?) and only then can you ask to be restored and pay the price. just don't request absolution (i believe that's what its called from the menu) and you'll be okay

Attached: image.jpg (221x231, 11K)

>which was to travel to the first location
ah so you are retarded, i see

Cool, thanks!
I mean, I'm still at the beginning of NG+ (at Road to Sacrifices) with ~half million souls, I'd be fucked if I'm not allowed to use them.

God kill yourself you retarded souls fag, nobody cares about the shit tacked on online portion. Fucking retard. Glad From is cucking you retards for their next game.

Nothing I said was wrong but I'm sure you've got some pedantic reason about how I said travel instead of teleport. Whatever the case. Own up to your mistake and stop embarrassing yourself.

I googled the name of the place idiot, why would I take the screenshot myself? What's your problem?

Then how should I've said that you genius? I'm just expressing my opinion. I bet you are the type of guy who invades a random cuck, gets killed and then invites the opponent to "git gud casul" groups

hahahah pvp fags really do think that souls online is the pinnacle of pvp and better than fighting games

You have to warp out of there. Terrible design I know, but that's DS3 for you

>I-it's not terrible design! It's a well thought out design choice by our lord and savior Master Miyazaki!
Yeah, making the game as linear as possible so the casuals can play it

2 is so much better game than 3

>implying Miyazaki worked on DS3
lmao