Could Death Stranding secretly be Metal Gear?

Could Death Stranding secretly be Metal Gear?

Attached: death stranding the sorrow.png (1000x1000, 522K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=azHIWZxUgPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Metal Gear Solid 0: Death Stranding Silent Hills Chapter 3

Attached: 1551072690508.jpg (500x690, 42K)

Not in a traditional way, but now I'm starting to think they might be connected the same way Xenosaga and Gears are, basically a continuation of the same universe with things changed here and there to avoid copyright issues

No, it'll make a few referernces but that's about it.

I'm starting to suspect that Silent Hills was never supposed to be a Silent Hill game, or even be released. It was only supposed to generate interest for Metal Gear/Death Stranding. Kojima is a fucking genius.

woah...

except the director said time and time again that xenosaga only pays homage to xenogears, they're different sagas that have nothing to do with each other.
it's literally just fanservice

>Before MGS3
>Game is a deconstruction of how people think in the society and what drives us forward and defines us as people, aswell on what influences our behaviour in ways we can't recognize and just assume is part of our identity while everything has been decided for us from higher powers, all wrapped up in a campy action movie superficial appearence

>After MGS3
>Lol it's just a game about war, war is bad!

Everyone can see through it and knows you have made the same exact game universe three times now Takahasi, Bamco and Squeenix won't sue it, no need to keep lying

more like a rehash of all his old ideas.

MGS3 was a mistake. MGS4 and PW went even deeper into the normie fanservice bullshit. Thankfully MGSV went so far back into batshit insane incoherent babbling that all the normies were scared away again.

But the first one describes V to the letter.

Attached: 2016-01-27_00001.jpg (1680x1050, 362K)

>normies
Spotted the normalfag.

what the actual fuck are you even talking about?
So far, MGSV is the most "normie" entry in the series - because for them, older games are too clunky and graphics are shit, not to mention that open world meme gameplay was a great marketing point for people who play sandbox games

V did a far worse job with it, and only barely scratched the surface level, while in MGS1 and 2 everything tackled in V was only the first layer

I'm pretty sure the older MGS's were pretty much the peak graphics of their generation of consoles.

that's absolutely correct, but i'm talking about the current state of things

They also transformed a Stealth inside survival operation game in open field warfare bullshit where you can get any resources you need from your base in seconds and erase what little obstacles there are fultoning it away in another

ok

Attached: 1501705776153.gif (324x412, 173K)

>DS ends up being the WWII MGS fans have been asking for
>except it's a surreal PTSD fever dream told from the perspective of Norman Reedus's character
imagine

metal gear x silent hills OH MUH GUD

Not him but he's completely right. V could've done it even better & more discreetly, but MGS2's actual copy of situations from 1 and the implementation into the actual story is still unmatched.

>still getting upset people use normie over normalfag
faggot

did the aliens build the pyramids?

>hungry hungry lawyers
>no need to keep lying
yeah ok. it's not related, just fanservice

V is kinda like mgs2 that stumbled and fell just before the finish line. I can clearly see kojima's schemes with GZ and all the interesting 4th wall nods on few retarded plot points but the game simply doesnt deliver the same way as 2 did. it's lukewarm and "risk free" so to say and I feel like a lot of deliberate incompetence like there was in 2 was cut out for the sake of making a game that sells. you simply cant make a shitpost of a game like mgs2 (or mgs4 for that matter) in current industry anymore.

It's probably a lot of things.

Assuming Caramel was right about Gensenkyo Portals being the mode of transportation, there's one interesting argument I can make

Namely, this.
>A nuance lost in the english version of Kingdom Hearts 2 is that Kairi doesn't remember who she is sending her of gratitude towards, only that his name begins with an "S"

And relevant to the Gensenkyo Portal bit
>Kairi asks Sora in KH1 for a crate, a rope, and cloth. While ostensibly used to make a makeshift raft, these items can also be used to make a noose.

Finally, Kairi's letter.

>"Thinking of you, wherever you are.
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.

>Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
And who knows: starting a new journey may not be so hard,

>or maybe it has already begun.
>There are many worlds, but they share the same sky —
one sky, one destiny."
>-Kairi

Attached: DQ4WEGIVoAAbN5b.jpg (480x480, 32K)

>cant make a shitpost of a game like mgs2 (or mgs4 for that matter) in current industry anymore.

I'd hate to be that guy, but the success of Nier Automata shows that you can. But other than that I agree.

fuck off faggot, kingdom hearts is gay as fuck

don't believe you're the real caramel, caramel wouldn't like that autistic tranny series

Why are Metal Gear faggots so fucking mentally ill? They even claim to love MGS2 and yet they don't listen to its message of letting things go and stop asking for more games when the story is already done

>while in MGS1 and 2 everything tackled in V was only the first layer
Imagine actually believing this.

You know it's weird that we haven't seen game play yet.

Was mgs2 a vr simulation?

Because there is none, all these movie critics praising it and saying "gamers aren't ready yet" lead me to believe it's actually just that, a movie

If you think that matters you didn't grasp the message behind it

does it matter?
youtube.com/watch?v=azHIWZxUgPY