Path of Exile

>Finally get a desire to play PoE
>There is no current league.

why does this always fucking happen to me?

Attached: file.png (1393x855, 2.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/purylai/characters?characterName=PuryColdSteel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just wait 10 days for the new league to start

you'll be glad to hear they got rid of the daily master quest grind. new league starts on next friday brother.

better rev up your occult engines

what's the new league about

yeah I guess that's cool, too bad I work every friday-sunday tho, guess I'll start playing on monday fucking hate my job.

They cancel the ps4 ver. ?

the gang was playing carcassonne and thought how placing tiles on a boardgame are p cool so they make you enter some old dude's fading memories in search for setpieces you can place on a board so you can chain "maps" (without loading screens if the path isn't too long).

sounds p cool if you ask me.
silly crafting shit this league as well like items with "sticky" mods. GL getting a merciless on a good base for chaos spamming bliss.

some dude with alzheimers and you recover memories

Yeah same here, although my itch came from watching the new league trailer.

I wander what the power meta will be and if Arc will be finally nerfed. Think I am going to go some form of Ranger build even if I had a lot of fun these 2 past leagues with Traps/Mines.

Attached: 1415829415440.png (630x465, 592K)

I'm going to go full holy spell build and purge all degeneracy

unless they annihilate occultist's ES nodes and the new chaos skills are unusable garbage, curse occultist is going to be the go to meta build. I'm probably gonna end up making multiple witches just to check out all the archetypes they've given them at this point

I kinda want to try that but the new channel seems like shit. I wonder if reworked Flame Totem or Storm Burst will be any good. There's also the new Purifying Flame spell but we don't really know anything about it yet.

is there such a thing? holy damage? i haven't played in a while

But Betrayal league is still up

No, it is just simply physical or physical with conversion to lightning or fire, all with golden lightshows

And melee is still shit.

Dropped.

judging from the trailer arc looks the same

Oh and there's the Wave of Conviction too. We'll see.

"Holy" spells are just a new theme of spells that convert phys to fire or lightning and often seem to have shit to do with consecrated ground.

I am curious what they actually mean with the whole "EVERY SPELL WILL BE REBALANCED!" thing, I think many spells are where they need to be. If anything it's melee that needs a major overhaul.

Out of new spells only the curse really excites me the others seems kind of bland. They've said the new supports are fucking bonkers so I am more hyped about those.

I was exited to see they had reworked flame totem. Then I see it is some kind of physical to fire damage doodad I dont understand. Why?

Attached: 1399651928722.jpg (136x199, 5K)

that sucks.

"Synthesis". Sort of like reverse delve. Find the NPC to do a timed room with a shrinking playspace. Complete it and the room gets added to your inventory. Later you can arrange the rooms on a map to create paths to treasure rooms. Each room you place buffs every other room with both loot and danfer.

Also adds the Synthesis Device which is like the horadric cube. Put in 3 items, get a new one with no enchantments but stupid powerful implicit mods (mods that dont go away when using orbs).

nah, it's gonna be 2 weeks later than the league launch on pc IIRC

Yeah, been working every fri-sun from 3pm to 11pm since dec 2017, it damn sucks. When I get home I'm so damn tired I just sleep until 12pm next day so I have to get ready to work.

I wish they'd announce leagues farther in advance so I could actually ask days off. Though league launch is usually plagued by a long queue and sometimes spotty connection.

And the OP carousel goes round and round.

I agree that self casting urgently needed a buff, because traps/totems/brands reigned supreme for too long now. However I fear that attacks will be totally gimped in comparison with casting for the next 1-2 expansions.

I am not complaining, I will be playing a caster next league myself, just stating my impressions.

Self cast will never be speed meta unless they unironically break the game to make it happen.

Are claws now viable for endgame

The fuck are you talking about. Claws are fucking great. Massive attack speed with good damage and some life gained on hit is always nice. They go great with a good shield to apply your secondary skills.

They used to be shit before Blade Flurry, and life gain on hit anything was lackluster until Vaal Pact was nerfed into the ground.

Occultist is going to be meta as fuck (cold dots will likely still be very strong for cheap) but IMO the chaos nodes will be the way to go. Malediction wants elemental conversion to abuse added-as-chaos, while Bane DPS probably scales linearly with more curses so going more than 2 starts to hurt you.
Meanwhile chaos pen, non-ailment multi, ez LL and free wither are all pure sex for bane & soulrend.

Too lazy to balance the numbers so they made it scale off ele conversion and damage added as element instead.

I kinda want to do a flame totem start but it seems so bland.

flame dodem :DDDDDD

Attached: 1499818915593.png (448x357, 6K)

I sure hope they don't fuck up BV.

I hope they do.

Searing totem + Fireblast was the a blast.

>Continue to add power creep
>Do nothing to address interactions with mobs being deleting them with 0 interaction
>Game gets popular because you can do anything/they say they want diversity
>Devs now make 'archetypes' that shoehorn people into a few shitty cookie cutter builds, while ignoring all the other classes
>this is because the game's too complex for new players who are their lifeblood since old players don't spend as much $ since they have what they need
>still have to roll fucking maps
>acts 6-10 are a fucking slog of massive shit zones

Attached: 1541055054794.jpg (437x431, 18K)

I miss the days where Searing Bond had 100 base damage and people thought it was overpowered

4.0 is supposed to be a massive overhaul that addresses some of this
Not for another year though

the game is getting bloated. i hope that they actually have a plan.

Yeah it all went downhill when Ele buzzaw came. \

>that one league that was all +exp sceptre, searing totem and DD

Attached: ebnetvfgdse21.jpg (4032x3024, 1.11M)

You travel through an old man's alzheimers with Carcassone pieces. Its like Delve except you build the path with board game blocks.

I just want a cheap build that costs like 5 exalts or less that can right-click snooze kill things like guardians and shaper.

Anyone know any?

Arc will get sizeable nerf and other spells get buffs

I think it was because they decided it should be one of the new holy themed skills and it also synergisises with chieftain whos probably getting a bit of a buff on his totem stuff

I guess they're not in a much hurry to fix it since SSF-mode solves all those problems by itself. Most of the strongest builds are too expensive for you to try to build with your first league SSF character so you have to play something more subpar with it and farm for the really good stuff for 2nd character.

Templar ele cleave during OB was the most fun I had.

I can't wait to roll a new build and get precisely fuck-all build-enabling drops in SSF... again.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (600x600, 28K)

they do, in 4.0 they are removing old league mechanics and keeping at most 10.

they keep saying that. but as time goes on faith wanes in the company.

it's new players who haven't experienced it yet and are gonna put in the 100hr+ and get hooked.

Game needs some sort of new interaction or something to do. be it a new PvE mode or good PvP. BR was fun(just need to remove uniques). Or even a MOBA like game, where you can take prebuilt characters and fight monsters/other players.

And they need to fix how you interact with monsters. Old POE was fun because even white mobs(rhoa's, spikers, devos) were scary. Now you don't interact with them at all, and they're just all 1-shot, you dont even know what you're fighting since it all gets deleted.

>take forever to nerf double dipping
>'nerf' BV and Inpulsas.

Attached: 1549310443263.jpg (625x352, 62K)

play the game the other way around, start as something easy that doesn't require gear and can do as much map mods you can and then make builds with uniques you get.

I miss the days where we could bully softcorefags. What the hell happened now that being a bitch is not looked down upon?

There is no reward is masochism

ironman btw

I was doing that in Betrayal - found a Queen's Decree and decided to go skelly/spectermancer. Had a lot of fun but when I needed a Vis Mortis it just would not drop.

dont worry buddy, just stick it out, you'll find a better job soon

SSF fucking sucks.

>Trying to delve is shit since it's harder to get sulphite >The changes to the maps/masters is shit since often you'll be missing a specific map

How does SSF fix any of that? Asides from the economy being complete price fixed, botted and manipulated trash.

With Syndicate, and the old buff to unique drop rates you can still easily delete the game.

Attached: 1550783294220.png (524x444, 11K)

GGG themselves went blue. They don't have people like Neon actually playing hardcore so their "balance" caters to softcore players who think it's fine to die 30 times before hitting maps. Hardcore is seeing zero player growth from new players because all the new mechanics are designed for softcore first, so anyone not familiar with the game dies before getting out of act 1. Meanwhile, postgame balance is the worst it's ever been so the oldfags who make it to maps reliably get fed up and quit / go blue.

I got jack shit this league and stuck to chief BV, finally killed shaper for the first time in 4500 hours

>acts 6-10 have massive shitty zones to make them feel bigger and are garbage to relevel through
>Patented GGG 1000 hour balance squad, any new League mechanic being overtuned to the point of avoidance(so why even play the same shit over again)
>dead economy
>damage so high now you rarely die on SC anyways

If they added an Endless Ledge to relevel once you beat a1-10 once, more people would play HC.

Attached: 1549326079042.gif (267x260, 1.91M)

Good for you. I got bored edging into red maps with the constant intervention ganksquads.

>The absolutely atrocious balancing of Syndicate members in yellow maps and all
You make a very good point
The sorry state of most gateways doesn't help either.

How the fuck do you continue to play? I get to maps and burn out, every time.

>How does SSF fix any of that?
You have to play with what you find, you cant play the most broken shit available. What your actual 2nd character powerhouse is going to be depends on what gear you find.

HC is irrelevant as long as log-out marcos exist. Playing like that is 10 times the pussy move playing softcore is.

Plus with every new league/patch the games get less and less HC viable since the focus has moved quite heavily from bad resource management leading to death to being instakilled (Betrayal being the biggest example so far)

>HCucks think they are hot shit when all they did was cry to GGG when invasion came out and they got oneshot from cruel difficutly onwards.

I haven't played it yet because he fucking PS4 version keeps getting delayed

Really they should have put a 5-10 sec countdown before loging off like MMOs do.

try SSF if you can stand the grind and know the game well enough.
it saved the game for me

Vortex occultist, my dude.

>ssf
imagine literally cucking yourself and then whining about it on a hungarian etch-a-sketch blog

clearing speed meta blows. I don't want to blink around and delete mobs instantly with boring skills.

Got a pastebin or build guide?

What you don't want to play molten strike Jugg for the 4th league in a row?

Attacks will be fine because they can usually be scaled much higher with gear.

Please remove your name and tripcode. It's considered poor form to use one if you don't need it for something

No, I am not an HC player

Then play slower skills you braindead meta slave. You aren't forced to run fucking arc mines, the game can be cleared with pretty much anything.

You need really goddamn good gear for a melee to match a spellcaster does without gear

HELP ME TO NOT BE A MASOCHIST
I KNOW I SHOULDN'T DO IT BUT I DO IT ANYWAY

Attached: 200000% MAD.gif (500x746, 3.31M)

Says who? NPC's?

Attached: Tripfag good.png (680x568, 348K)

>get the itch to play PoE cause new league looks cool
>remember that almost all builds are essentially the same thing
>remember that they all get boring by the time I finish the story
>remember the awful loot and trading
>remember that there isn't a single skill I truly enjoy
Man I hate this. I really want to like this game, but these things just fuck it up for me.

Attached: 1548020488338.jpg (600x600, 45K)

They did up those lgoh numbers in some patch. Don't remember exactly when though.

with the direction that this game heads towards with every patch, party play becomes ever more forgotten about. with the power level that most builds can get with ease, when you run with a group it's always just everyone playing catchup while one person cleansweeps the entire map.

i guess i just wish poe was still a party game, not this single player snorefest that it is now

Attached: 1520800034719.jpg (1200x807, 96K)

I am not him, but, most of the last league mechanics encouraged clearspeed.
Breach? Kill fast so you can expand the breach for longer and get more shars. The Breachlord domains are also timed and kills give time
Abyss? Need to go fast and kill reasonably fast to reach the end chest or abyss
Incursion? Definitely need to kill fast and move fast to open the doors, nevermind just killing an architect

there's no hope... you're already lost

Attached: 1484288247538.png (670x503, 339K)

Trolling with a trip code isn't really a thing anymore. It just makes you look like an idiot.

It's a fucking Diablo clone, obviously the more efficient you are the better you mouthbreather. That doesn't mean you can't play what you find fun.
You aren't going to hit anywhere near top10 so why the fuck are you concerned with clearspeed?

Just look up the cookie cutter build at poe-racing.com, everyone and their cat is playing that shit right now, because it is so broken.

E.g. pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/purylai/characters?characterName=PuryColdSteel

I'd go with life over ES for league start, but whatever works for you. Doesnt even need uniques.

I hate Incursion so much. They literally designed it for autobombers. If you stop to cast/hit a pack you're losing more time than you're gaining unless you had good blue pack RNG.

is current leage shit like syndicate too?

do i play a fun build i make myself again, or do i finally give in and play the op metagarbage of the league build and get rich quick?

Attached: 1490282699549.jpg (540x429, 62K)

Haha time to look up for another starter build.
I am not doing GC mines ever again by the way

Because those leagues were entirely based around going as fast as possible, and now they are core mechanics. Not going fast means you are missing on core aspects of the game.

I don't even know how to get multimod crafting but I know it costs exalts. Seems overly expensive.

Because it indicates you are trying to gain attention through your name and not your words, especially in a lowimpact discussion thread. It's the equivalent of going to a bus stop or other public place with a flag taped to your back and hoping people recognize you.

No it doesn't. If someone wants to pay attention to me cause I have a name that's on them.

Again, for the last time. You are unironically braindead if you think you can't do the content on anything.

Problem is that a melee build needs much more defensive nodes. A spellcaster can always be a full screen away from the mobs and still do full dmg, while your melee character is always at risk to get one shot by some random blues.

Go on, try to reach the Omitect with just vigilant strike, then.

Stop spoilering my super secrit build in development pls fren. Vigilant strike has excellent added damage modifier, thinking about a vigilant strike Jugg. Omnitect is gonna be EZ, I am more worried about the more bullshit bosses, since you cant move while doing dmg.

I ran solar guards in incursion, it sucked dick at first until I could scale it enough. It still wasn't a problem.
The problem is you underage faggots think that unless you zoom around as fast as your favorite streamers you aren't playing the game right.

proper trade never

Attached: 5629632.jpg (261x195, 8K)

>Solar guards
The most meta of spectre builds is not at all obscure nor praise worthy.

It was in relation to running incursions you dumb fuck.

The only meta skill that might struggle with the clear speed for Incursions is Molten Strike

you could still do it enough fast with enough currency wasted
i know because i wasted a few ex to make it work
dont remember if it was 4-6 ex or 10-15 ex

Do you keep missing my point on purpose? You know what, you are right. Incursion is LITERALLY impossible unless you run arc.
Keep buying shit gear at retarded prices from me because your favorite streamer runs it you 14 year old troglodyte.

I really hope SRS is buffed in the big balance patch, I wanna play Dr. Bees next league.

Attached: ZM4ZtyJ.gif (640x360, 600K)

its every 3 months on a friday retard

I get really turned off by having to keep up with the billions of meta changes in this game. I take a break away from it and I have to have a PhD in PoE just to play. Call me a casual but I beta tested the fucking everliving shit out of this game in the early closed beta days and through release hardcore only and always finished within the top 10 percent by character level. This game is good for mega casuals who know nothing at all and just mindlessly click shit and are oblivious to how bad they are and good for the super hardcore experts who play the game for hours on end every day and keep up with everything but it's absolutely hideous for us in-betweeners who know enough to know you have to know way too much just to play successfully. I'm not coming back until they bring the passive tree/build import and planner functionality from the chinese client so I don't have to be a PoE doctor just to play. In fact I think they really need to clean up and refine virtually everything about the game. It just seems so bloated now I don't even wanna play. I miss outward simplicity of Diablo 2 and the underlying complexity.

>release league on a Friday
>multiple gamebreaking glitches discovered in the first 10 minutes because GGG don't playtest anything
>everyone leaves for the weekend
>takes a full week to release the first updates to fix the most obvious exploits/crashes
>game is still a broken buggy POS
>three weeks later they fix most of the crashes and maybe some balance changes if leddit cried hard enough for long enough
>they don't touch the league ever again and inevitably add it to the core game because they "worked so hard on it"
>none of this matters because 100% of their income is made on announcement of the league
I fucking hate GGG

Did you even have a point? The point is that you need fast clearspeed for Incursion

Is this the new engine already?
And also, any new summoner gems? Last time I played we had the zombies, skeletons, golems and spectres. Any new creatures?

Because of bullshit instakill mechanics.
There are tanky builds that can withstand almost every hazard, but those builds are very slow.
Also, game is online only, many hardcore players die to lag.

The point is that you can scale anything to clear incursions. You can do all content, don't need to run meta shit. I told you this at least three fucking times you write-only subhuman.

>Is this the new engine already?
There is never going to be a new Engine. Just iterations on the current one.
>new summoner gems
Nope. And only a handful of new enemies.

i'm going summoner-something again
tried arc at syndicate and was shit, not sure if i should blame arc of the shit leage

Herald of Agony
Herald of Purity
Dominating Blow

SRS
Mirror Arrow/Blink Arrow clones

>The point is that you can scale anything to clear incursions
With increasingly high amount of exalts wasted on making a slow skill do what any meta skill does in a faction of that, if even.

Alright.
But didn't they say they were working on something like that when Diablo mobile was announced?

So? You aren't racing to a 100, why not play something you enjoy? You know, the whole point of video games?

This is the first league I won't play because they removed support for DirectX 9

They are working on a visual overhaul for all characters so they don't look like slightly higher-quality potatoes.

I don't feel grinding the shitloads of currency needed just to make a non-viable skill marginally better not enjoyable either.
Just get over it, clear speed meta is what GGG pushes, and not all skills are good.

>muh meta
Impressionable redditor twitchbabbies are the fucking worst.

GGG is actively pushing the goddamn meta
See also: archetypes

>after years of GGG implementing more and more shit my toaster finally is unable to run the game at stable 20 FPS with everything bellow minimum on windowed mode at 800x600

Attached: 1550863530275.jpg (970x545, 771K)

>play PoE the wrong way for ages
>finally learn how to play it the correct way
>it's boring as fuck

Again, so? It doesn't fucking matter for most of the playerbase. Children like you who whine like the bitchmade faggots you are about muh meta would be infinitely slower on whatever meta skill you pick than half decent players doing dumb shit while jerking off to kpop.

>Skills powercreeping out of the wazoo, GGG only caters to clearspeed and does shit all about the powercreep
>It doesn't fucking matter for most of the playerbase
Are we playing the same game?

Face it, PoE has too much baggage
Along with Blizzard dying, we need a fresh start, who will step up to the challenge?

Apparently not if you think the powercreep doesn't affect everything. You need to have your skull caved in. I'm not even trying to be rude, it's just not fair that people like you breathe the same air as me.

>Apparently not if you think the powercreep doesn't affect everything.
I just said it does.
Make up your mind.

new league is up in like 2 weeks retard

Just do what I do guys, and play the second-most meta skill, so I still get to keep my hipster cred and accomplish what I want to accomplish in a reasonable amount of time.

Possibly to differentiate it from incinerate totem.

Then you can do all content with pretty much whatever skill you want to play, the whole thing that started it all. Wow!
Please hang yourself.

Reread the posts, powercreep does affect everything, and pandering to clearspeed meta added mechanics that are core that require killing fast and moving fast.
Are we clear now?

You can do all of that without playing meta shit. What is so hard to understand about that you fucking gimp?

>He thought you were meant to unironically post Quentin

Because it would need excessive amounts of currency grinding just to do what better skills do in a fraction of the time and currency investment, and even then they rarely if ever get to their level. I already said that above.

And I already told you that's irrelevant unless you are racing to 100.
If you like going fast then go fast. This isn't about sheep like you that brainlessly follow the current meta. It was about some bitch thinking you absolutely must use the 3 skills everyone else uses otherwise you can't leave act 1.

>And I already told you that's irrelevant unless you are racing to 100
Or doing Incursions, or Delving beyond 200, or Shaper, or Uber Elder, or...

Fourth time, you can do those too. Do you have brain problems? Please ask your mother to read my posts out loud and try to explain them to you.

See

See

See

Fine, keep playing skills you don't like because you think that occasionally missing a lvl3 room or a couple of shards is going to break the game.

I will probably try the league and quit when i get to maps because the gameplay still fucking sucks and no amount of currency can fix it

are they buffing arc/minioms?

>buffing arc
are you dense? if anything, they are nerfing it to uselessness

meh.

did they atleast graphically optimize the new acts?

I really hate socket colors. I think it's the single worst aspect of the game and all problems with building a character and itemization stem from it. If I could just freely experiment with gems as I play the game would be so much better. Needing to get max sockets and max links is enough. Socket colors and especially socket color bias is overkill.

I think the graphic improvement will come only on 4.0

>a company known for retarded ideas
>not doing retarded shit
yea i'm dense
>cast balance
>adding casting shit

of course not, maybe in the next major 4.0 update next year

at least you don't have to play PoE now

>Get desire to play PoE
>Either have autism but no skill and get past act 10 and instantly fail and thus quit the league
OR
>have skill but no autism and get bored before act 10 since I'm still not god's gift to this game and can't GEAR UP, AND PLAY AT MACH SPEEDS
Fuck. I love the game and support it, but there's just no middle ground of "fun and snappy" for me since I'm bad. Gearing up is the hardest part for me, and this is a LOOTING GAME. Maybe it's all the expectations of trading and me being too shit to ssf and actually succeed past act 5 on SSF on the regular. At least you can play PoE when you get that desire to, user.

>This league, hand-casting magic is getting buffed!
BUT ARE YOU RAPING TOTEMS AND NON-HAND CASTING TO PIECES?
>Yes!
Tornado Shot, Self-cast Arc AGAIN
>No!
ARC TRAPS BAYBEEEEEEEE

Crit caster inq is going to crush hard depending on what they're doing to the consecrated ground side of the ascendancy.

Colddot builds are going to go through the roof since you can just swap your blasphemies out for nu hatred and malevolence and link your damage curses to bane.

Unleash might make traps redundant. The rate at which you gain charges seems ridiculous in preview vids. Assuming they don't neuter arc, selfcast unleash might become defacto playstyle. Same with any skill that terminates and generates an effect. Spark, gc, magmaorb etc.
It's going to make frostbolt ice nova absolutely unreal.
And its going to add considerable qol to blade vortex, five blades per cast animation. Winter orb won't see the same benefit though due to the channel tag.

Its probably going to crush hard these new supports are looking insane just from the trailers alone, that 4 fireball per single cast looks absurd. If it really is the case Im probably going freezing pulse and wreck ass.

You forgot the golden rule of Path of Exile however.
>Release new support
>Make it impossible to acquire and/or cost an absurd amount of currency to wring it out of the hands of other players.

But most supports that have been added were given to vendors. The only 4 that aren't are Empower, Enlighten, Enhance, and for some reason Added Chaos Damage.

It'l probably show up alongside multistrike and spellecho from the act 4 quest.
There's the other support, spell focus, which has potential but I can't think of any good interactions.

It's really just a dynamic concentrated effect and locked to spells.
Which is a shame because it would be mechanically huge for legit weapon based cyclone.

Hello, this isn't 2013, grandpa.

>not calling out sick

Attached: 4mLQFJno.jpg (400x400, 21K)

The golden rule of Path of Exile
>release new support
>available at level 4
>works with 2 skills in the game even though it should work with more
>doesn't support traps, totems, vaal skills, mines, minion skills or melee skills

>want to play poe again
>it has progressed to the point where it's a full time job just to gear up
>once you're geared up there's nothing to do
>don't want to play poe anymore

Attached: 1546294520446.jpg (400x386, 37K)

Nigger
Nigger
Nigger
Nigger
Nigger
Nigger
Nigger
Nigger
Nigger

Attached: 73822488987905.png (665x618, 119K)

All me