Stop using the term "muscle memory" whole talking about aiming...

Stop using the term "muscle memory" whole talking about aiming. "Muscle memory" is defined as the ability to reproduce a movement without conscious effort. This is not a part of aiming, because while aiming at a target you constantly process its position and your crosshairs' position changing relative to each other. This is a continuous process that takes conscious effort and does not end as you start aiming. Because of this, using the term "muscle memory" while talking about aiming is nonsensical. If aiming really worked by learning the exact distances you need to turn N degrees, playing with accel would be impossible because of the sheer number of things you have to learn, yet the best aimer in the world (clawz) uses significant accel.

Attached: 600px-Clawz_at_PGL_Quake_Champions_Open.jpg (600x400, 25K)

Muscle memory still affects aim on a game-to-game basis though.

Muscle memory isn’t actually a thing. Your muscles do not have memories.

you cant use muscle memory as a synonym for mouse control skill

Muscle-Memory affects aiming because you see someone in a position and muscle memory takes over to show just how far you need to move and where to hit it. Its unconscious all the same, what you just need to do is process the position and let muscles take over.

What age should people stop playing fps? I'm early 20's and I feel like I should stop.

In that case you could close your eyes right after starting the movement and you would still hit, or laggy 60 hz monitors would offer no performance drawbacks over 200 hz crts

Muscles are a psyop

>clawz uses accel
mother fucker. maybe that's why sib started using accel too. i had no idea

It is muscle memory. Muscle memory is about being able to produce a desired result without needing to engage your brain on what motion is needed to produce that result. Muscle memory does not have to be one literal motion.

Think of riding a bike. Nobody would say that being able to stay upright on one is not muscle memory, but it involves reacting to a variety of stimuli dynamically in order to maintain balance.

>best aimer in the world
>plays quake
No. While overall Quake has a much higher skill ceiling, this is because it's distributed over a much wider skillset. Pretending the top aimers are anything but the CS pros is retarded.

>the best aimer in the world (clawz)

lol

Shut up clawz. You’re just mad that Rapha is better.

Framerate doesn't actually have a significant effect on how well you can play. It feels a lot better, so anyone at that level is used to it, but it's not some magic pill that just makes you play better. Laggy monitors are obviously going to slow you down because there's a delay between something appearing and you seeing it so you are able to react to it.

The best aimer in the world today is either dafran or elige. Clawz is not even in the top 100.

By the way, aiming is all about memory. I can actually feel it while I'm calculating a shot, the "I've seen this before" moment.

>Framerate doesn't actually have a significant effect on how well you can play.
You're simply incorrect. I am better than you at video games and I'm telling you that's not right at all.

this is the gayest post ive ever read

>literal shitter trying to place blame on framerate over his own skill
lmao, sure you're better, bud
Even if you were, which you're most certainly not, your opinion would still be worthless because something that just feels better is always extremely good into placebo'ing people into thinking it's objectively helping them.

Muscle memory is a meme term synonymous with mechanical skill, theres no sense taking it seriously. Its used for everything from static rhythm game patterns to driving a car in racers which is so analog and prediction based you will never repeat the same motion twice unless youre a robot to well aiming. Just take it as "something practicing which has consistent results"

I returned to work from a 3 week holiday, as I sat down to log into my PC I had completely forgotten my login password. I realised I would have to phone the admin to reset my password, but before I called I needed to take a piss. As I returned from to my desk my fingers took over and correctly entered the password without any conscious thought on my part. I didn't even know what I had typed as it happened so quickly. Muscles absolutely have memory, not in the muscle tissue, but in a separate section of the subconscious.

Lower framerates have more input lag though which combined with the usual monitor lag can be very noticable. And having less in between frames for predicting smooth motions is shit by itself

Snapping to a position on your screen is 100% muscle memory. If it wasn't then nobody would go through the bitch that is making sure the sense is the same in each of their games, because that wouldn't throw you off.