So Yea Forums, do you stop him from evolving to get Hydro Pump early?

So Yea Forums, do you stop him from evolving to get Hydro Pump early?

Attached: 1551192819154.png (240x160, 7K)

Attached: 382.gif (500x313, 1.44M)

No.
Only idiots refuse to evolve their Pokemon.

what is this? looks familar

No, Hydro Pump is a shit move, especially for single player.

Why did they even put that mechanic? I hope it stopped in the newer games

Nope. Always evolved ASAP. The only exception is Pokemon that don't learn moves after they evolve. Like Pikachu. Honestly, that idea was retarded.

Drinky Crow Show.
If you're a drunk it's the best. Adult Swim show from a while back.

Why is that?

why wait to use hydro pump when you have a perfectly good surf

low accuracy

nah I always chose Bulbasaur

>using any of the Kanto starters
>not just grabbing a Nidoking and a Alakazam to nuke the region

Attached: 1528853854261.jpg (298x352, 94K)

Surf is more reliable and you need it anyway.

>letting salamance evolve naturally to learn dragon claw at lvl 79 when bagon could learn it at 49

Nah, I let them evolve if they're going to learn the move anyway

>not just using the tm

low pp and low accuracy
i never bother using 5 pp moves in single player. even 10 pp is obnoxiously low

>he doesn't hoard all his TM's and actually uses them

I say I will, but by level ~20ish rolls around I'm so ready to be moving on.

why the fuck would you bother with alakazam in FRLG? On top of only being obtainable via trade it has Psychic and...that's it. Psychic. One move. Elemental punches are egg moves, Shadow Ball is physical in that game and you obviously can't use Hidden Power. Think before you embarrass yourself.

No, surf is good enough till the end of the game. Not to mention Blastoise is more of a defensive pokemon so it's not a big deal.

How much of a stat difference do you deal with keeping your Pokemon from evolving? Will it make battles against Pokemon at the same level a struggle?

pokemon is braindead easy who cares about that

ya kadabra and nidoking were my fav pokemon to use in gen-one

>pp
Lol

Attached: CE2BFC36-2199-4E75-999F-A7535B701DD0.png (680x680, 221K)

I used alakazam also

135 base special attack + psychic annihalates everything. He's also fast as fuck so you literally 1 shot everything

For FR/LG, I just gave him the Water Pulse TM from Misty until I found the HM for Surf. I barely use those 5 PP moves in single player since the endgame E4 is a string of fights, so I stick with more PP for the long haul. Hydro Pump might be more practical in competitive or some post game facilities since it's usually one fight before getting fully restored and I'd want to do as much damage as possible.

Nidoking was a fucking champion in my G1 run, but the sad thing is I can never replicate it because not only do I not remember what I did, but it was probably some stupid battlecruiser strat that would make me cringe today.

yeah, it's pretty crippling sometimes
some pokemon have gimmicks like pikachu and the light ball, but base stats make a huge difference even in single player
you need to be like 10+ levels above the opposition to make up the ground

I played pokemon stadium until i unlocked the dodrio gameboy then i replayed through kanto like 8 times collecting rare pokemon and getting all 150 and making the perfect team for dueling my friends in link battle. I was theory crafting and working on my team for hours and i dont think i ever even actually dueled anyone until pokemon silver came out then i dueled my friend who pretty much only had a lvl 100 blastoise. Then that one kid told everyone how to dupe and the game was ruined.

Gyarados has nomoves.

>Gyarados
>before the phys/special split
Don't embarrass yourself user

Imagine having to resort to metafaggotry to beat a pokémon game

Cringe

I don’t bother with that. I only ever look up moves when you can miss moves like with stone-evolutions and trade evolutions.

>you can power level him to 100 in under 10minutes faggot

i think the thing about the pokemon games is you can cruise through the game with almost anything if you over level it.
earthquake, body slam, thunderbolt, and maybe surf are decent with nidoking i think.

Starting HG, what are some good mons found in the first half?

>learn about EV's
>cant play the games anymore because i need to use perfect mons
who else has autism here

Attached: 1527645748229.png (773x1002, 655K)

cringe

>only has psychic
I dont see the problem

Just wait til you learn about IV's.

Get a wobbuffet.

Alakazam is damn fast and hits hard, coverage doesn't matter much when most of the dex is part fighting or poison. His movepool is still good enough to provide some decent support moves like recovery and reflect.

Why? Some of us like their base forms better.
Take pikachu, for example. Everyone recognizes PIKACHU, not RAICHU.
Or maybe we can go from the first pokemon I refused to evolve, Quilava.
Having him go from menacing, yet cute to huge monster was a jump I wasn't willing to take, even if it meant losing power.
Or next we can try the Pan-pokemon. (Pansage, Pansear, Panpour) They go from being cute little monkeys with large ears and good taste in hairdo to abominations that are too horrendous to describe or picture.

Do you see my point of view, user?

are those the individual stats? Because yeah those fucked me up too

>can only get certain pokemon/evolutions by trading
what the FUCK were they thinking? jesus christ

you might as well hold out for a starmie in that case, unless you picked FR like a retard

sum pokkies are kuter as babbies

You have Peter Pan syndrome my friend

Similar story here, made me quit entirely. I fucking hated myself for it.

Attached: m2k.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Look up Touhou Puppet Dance Performance Shard of Dreams. It's a pokemon inspired fangame that has a damn good alternative to EVs.

>having trouble in the single player
Dude even with unevolved pokes you shouldnt have trouble against the same level unless youre at a type advantage
Or you just suck

or Ducklett

Attached: i am the terror that quacks in the night.png (1200x1200, 644K)

I won't care about EVs, unless it's gen 6/7 and has EV trainers, but natures are what fuck me up. I one time spent an hour trying to get a fucking Taillow that didn't have a -atk or -spd nature
>Fucking finally, a ralts
>adamant nature

Attached: 1540581267140.jpg (569x599, 31K)

Starmie is also good but in different ways. That electric vulnerability can bite you in the ass.

>common sense is metafaggotry

OH NO! Meeting people! How AWFUL!

>it's common sense that if you don't evolve Squirtle it will acquire Hydro Pump earlier

It’s super cool to consider yourself antisocial on reddit

meeting people? I played pokemon when I was a child, before we had internet, I was the only person on my street that had a gameboy, nevermind the game too.
I missed out on loads of stuff because of things out of my control because the devs are retarded, great

Any pokemon autists can help me out here please: do evolutions have different stat growths? If I don't evolve a bagon into salamence and wait 20 levels instead, did I miss on speed stats or does it recover later?

No. I stop Wartortle and Ivysaur from evolving because they look fucking rad while their last stage evolutions look like fat pieces of shit.

why would you want a shitty move even sooner? It makes no fucking sense to do this unless you're running some accuracy buff build or just want it because you're mentally 10 and still watch the anime on your vhs tapes

Yes

I always thought delaying evolution reduced your max stat gain.

retard

It doesn't, but in a few games being unevolved makes you gain exp faster.

I played these games as a child, not as a manchild, unlike you.

>be user
>grow up in a small town or in a third world country
>don't know anyone who even owns a handheld console, much less a pokemon game
>even worse if it is a somewhat old system like the GBA or the DS
>online servers are discontinued or will soon to be
>lmao just be urself
I will never not hate shit being locked behind multiplayer in games like these, same shit with Animal Crossing. Curse the limp dicked Jap monkeys who don't care about replay value.

Attached: 1528685270176.jpg (720x706, 102K)

gimme a quick run down of how it works

yeah, a retarded child

They have higher base stats but evolving later will not make your pokemon weaker. Unevolved mons also grow faster.

I did this with Staryu and Growlithe in BW2. I think ir wasnt until 7th gym I evolved them both because they dont learn certain moves as their evos.

You aren't alone in thinking that you know, I did too. That other user is exactly what he claims you to be.

..either that or he's just an insecure little bitch.

I was commissioned by a richfag friend to write a Pokemon fanfic. His criteria
>No fewer than 100k words
>OC main cast
>No OCmons, but 1 OC Legendary is fine
>At least one dyke couple
>OC region, cameos permissible
>OC villain whose personality he dictated to me as "A womanchild who is deathly afraid of Pokemon"
If I can fill his order he'll pay me 30 grand, I'm not sure I can turn him down. Can you help me come up with ideas, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1549824171211.jpg (1080x1108, 103K)

lol samefagging retard

The other user didn't resort to insults, unlike myself. I'm calling you a faggot, user. Do you have a problem with that?

seething retard

Well yeah, how redundant.

>100k words
Hard pass.

Everytime you level up you gain PP, which instead of being how many times you can use a move it is a point system you can spend on shit. You can use this PP to either learn any of the available moves you have (you can relearn the same move as many times as you want, leveling up only unlocks the move on a list) or spend it on your individual stats to permanently buff them.

Basically it is EV where you can pick what stat you want and you gain points from just leveling instead of needing to fight specific enemies.

Attached: 1410200013349.png (333x266, 99K)

...Okay.

>using moves with less than 100 accuracy
loool

>At least one dyke couple
Dawn and Cynthia, if you have to fag it up at least make it age gap yuri

I don't mind the act of trading per se, but when I started Pokemon I was honestly shocked at the amount of "wiki-gaming" required just to evolve many pokemon and fill out your pokedex, because the pre-requisistes are so arbitrary and the game doesn't tell you anything, including whether a pokemon evolves at all.
>pokemon evovles only when traded
>pokemon evolves only when traded while holding a specific item
>pokemon only evolves when leveling up, while being friendly, DURING NIGHT TIME

Attached: 1199458585381.png (600x600, 52K)

I mean, the idea was the joy of discovery. You weren’t meant to have a set list of Pokémon you wanted on your team by the end of the game. And they did give hints for most of this stuff.

As for Espeon and Umbreon, they were just surprises for people who didn’t evolve the Eevee.

sounds like a decent alternative compared to the tedious and boring system in pokemon, thanks user

>the idea was the joy of discovery
I get that, but some of the triggers are so obtuse that players are bound to bang their heads on a wall and give up or feel like whatever they got wasn't worth the trouble.

anything past gen2 is retarded. Before the pokemon that evolved by trading were hinted at by npcs that would trade you some of them.

Well, the slogan wasn’t “Gotta catch em all” in Japan. I know back when I was a kid, I wasn’t setting out to evolve every Pokémon I caught. And I didn’t know about most evolutions so if I didn’t happen to get lucky, I didn’t really get affected by it.

This is why I played the modded versions of the games now. So if I want to play the games again, I can evolve or capture one of those unobtainables.

Do you just get a chunk of stats once you evolve? It's been a long time since I played a pokemon game

Play romhacks dude, aside from the vanilla games being piss easy since a 4 year old is able to beat them romhacks also fix issues like that.

>100K words
You do realize you're in for about 160+ pages of pokemon writing, now user that's a lot of writing. If you have a big ass timeframe then set out to write 1 page a day or whatever and eventually you'll get there.

I already do, I just really hate the lack of vision some devs have to their games. Is it so much to ask to care about a game you made being well preserved so you can still play it 10 years later without limitations?

>He actually evolves his Chansey
Are you retarded?

>Robbing your Pokemon of 20 levels of stat growth

Romhacks are also piss easy.

They were all about getting as much sales as possible through double dippers and kids dragging other kids into the franchise.

You know it to be true.

Better draft a contract for this one because you're about to waste a lot of time on something you will probably not get paid for.

I know he'll pay if I deliver. This isn't the first time he's paid me to write humiliating fanfiction for him, just the first time it was about Pokemon

Then godspeed, ya bastard.

Just evolve, it really doesn't matter, pokemon games are so easy and for babbies you don't have to minmax and you level up fast anyway.

If you feature battles, use true-to-game battle mechanics. None of this "aim for the horn" or "use Needle Arm on Dustox" bullshit.

You're not playing the right romhacks or you're playing with abusing emulation savestates (obviously going back in time makes things easy). I thought Kaizo Romhack was pretty good, also Yin/Yang Black/White 2 hack was acceptable. Currently playing Sacred Gold but only at the beginning so I'm not sure if this one has any difficulty to it.

For campaign, I only delay if the faster move learning is a few levels away. For post game raising I'll hold off as long as possible if only for the exp boost.

I'm not so autistic to care about IVs and EVs but I will restart for a starter with a good nature. Same wilth wild mons.

Press B during the evolution screen, but I don't recommend it, unlike the retarded anime, almost no Pokemon benefits from staying unevolved

Even the "hardest" rom-hacks are just glorified team-building tests or grinding walls. That's it.

How are you supposed to know stuff like this without using a guide?

You can use action replay to get the nature you want, use it user. Unless you REALLY REALLY enjoy grinding 20 years for a pokemon with an acceptable nature.

I know reddit is a meme but there is even a subreddit dedicated solely for helping other people with trade evolutions.

Well, I was going to make it real time and not turn based for more interesting action, but move effects and types would be like the games. Does that sound okay?

Based retard

So I'm going to disagree here Yang Black/ Yin White 2 actually did a pretty good job of actually creating difficulty as in decent AI and good sets for enemy mons. But ok how would you make a difficulty pokemon romhack avoiding team-building tests and grinding walls?

Only for post game, at best I'll catch a few of a species I want and go for the least shit nature for campaign.

The NPC's tell you, retard.

>Using any move with less than 100% accuracy
No.

Stadium/Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Or, even better, Showdown

There are extremely unique cases, like waiting until Pikachu learns quick attack before evolving it into Raichu. For the most part, though, you're better off evolving your Pokemon right away and never canceling an evolution.

She’s a little scardey bitch who wants to be edgy and exterminate pokemon. Henchmen all wear exterminator’s gear

>no 100% accuracy alternative to Zen Headbutt.
Phys Psychic movesets will always be doomed to miss.

>Relying on HP fucking Fighting for special attackers
Enjoy being barely able to 2HKO TTar.

Fair enough dude I just like the adventure especially if I hadn't played the original rom yet. It also helps that I'm a pure gimmick player and love to have gimmick or thematic teams Even on Showdown, I'm sorry everyone for my Breloom with spore/substitute/leech/mach punch and choice scarfed Machamp with Dynamic Punch

I like the exterminator theme. I was thinking she'd be a bigwig CEO that looks mature and cool but behind closed doors is childish and constantly clings to a security blanket. Maybe make her company the ones that make Repels. I was gonna maybe go for something like using Jirachi to wish Pokemon didn't exist rather than go full edge.

Yes there is. Unevolved Pokemon learn moves faster and as of XY, they gain more exp if they evolve by level and are unevolved if at/past their evolve point.

Aren't you stunting their stat growth by doing that? I never bothered, I wanted my starter to evolve asap because I would more or less solo the game with it.

As far as I can remember, there is literally one (1) case of a pre-evolved Pokemon doing better than its evolved form.

Only until you evolve it. One you do the stats will be as they would be if you evolved it right away.

Autism speaks

Attached: 1550692196296.jpg (400x551, 36K)

i had pokemon yellow and got my pikachu to level 100 and never bothered to train any other pokemon.

>5 PP
No

Why do you people do this? If you don't play competitive why even care? And its not like its particularly hard to just stop and EV train a couple things, even in the older games - so why do you act like its an impossible burden?

Imagine having a mindset so deluded that anyone disagreeing with you immediately has a fucking mental disability. Fuck outta here.

Attached: disappikachu.jpg (400x400, 15K)

you have to be a fucktarded secondary if you dont know raichu

Ash Ketchum? Is that you?

>Take pikachu, for example. Everyone recognizes PIKACHU, not RAICHU.
>Or maybe we can go from the first pokemon I refused to evolve, Quilava.
>Having him go from menacing, yet cute to huge monster was a jump I wasn't willing to take, even if it meant losing power.

What would compel anyone to post with such autistic reasoning, if it isn't autism?

Attached: 1533837990075.png (500x366, 52K)

Raichu is fucking awesome, you clown.

Attached: 1525581119758.gif (245x184, 835K)

based

There are only a handful of pokemon who are superior unevolved, off the top of my head Chansey and Pikachu. Those are because of Eviolite and Light Ball respectively.

By the time Squirtle learns Hydro Pump you've already gotten Surf which is much better for in game use due to higher PP and accuracy.

depends, some pokemon are worth waiting for moves
Shroomish is a good example: Breloom can't naturally learn spore

That's not how stat growth works

Some people just dislike the designs of evolved pokemon and will take the loss of power to make their game more enjoyable. Play the game the way you want to play it, man. The pokemon franchise is advertised with non-maxed out pokemon, usually starters and pika/eevee. If you NEED to use the extra chunk of damage to beat your opponents, then you're shit. Plain and simple.

Couldn't agree more, but he's not the head of the series. Pikachu is I would say THE most well known pokemon, that's why I said him there as an example. Even people who don't play pokemon know pikachu, if not by name.

Gamefreak regrets making Raichu mate

I think I kept my Torchic unevolved one time to get Flamethrower at like lvl42
I was a stupid kid back then though, and think I only did it because it sounded cool and I saw it used in the anime a lot. Either I'm too spoiled by move tutors, reusable tm's, heart scales, and egg moves, but I don't think it's in any way useful or worth it to lock yourself out of all those evo's moves just for that Flamethrower.

Gamefreak can suck my 5 inch penis
Raichu is awesome
Still pissed that you can't evolve Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow

Imagine thinking your runs are special in pokemon.

>dont care about replay value

Complain all you like but that level of connectivity is why their is a global community around the game. Maybe you didnt get your dex filled then, but you could today.

TMs have unlimited use since BW

>eviolite cucks seething because of 1 knock off
yikes!

I don't use starters you fucking nerd.

Attached: 1531862712251.jpg (326x326, 13K)

Stopping evolution to learn moves sooner always seemed like a pointless feature. It would've been one thing if they learned different moves instead, which could then affect learned moves in later evolutions.

>Boxes his starters
>Calls anyone a nerd

He's willing to actually pay 30k for bad fanfiction?

He's the heir to some big real estate giant in our state. He makes about $40k a month just as an allowance from his dad.

>Starmie

>Surf
>Ice Beam
>Thunderbolt
>Psychic

Its a pretty large stat difference, the good thing is that pokemon is piss easy with how much exp they give out nowadays and how dumb they make the ai and how poorly they balance the ai's teams

Makes me wonder, how difficult would the various gym leaders be if they actually used optimized movesets

Play Crystal Clear.

Fuck him right in the pussy

Having no friends, not knowing anyone who plays pokemon, or not having the balls to talk to strangers in general doesn't mean shit as an excuse on the DS games because of the wifi. A lot of my friends grew out of pokemon around that time, but I probably traded and battled more than I ever did before thanks to the whole internet thing the DS had going on

This, I love Alolan Meowth but Alolan Persian is so ugly

Only bad evolved pokemon is the ones which lose a unique typing or get a shitter one as a result

Write it in a fantasy setting where people fight alongside Pokémon. The main villain is afraid of Pokémon because she fears their power is greater than humans and they must be destroyed before they overthrow the human race. Her minions do not use Pokémon directly but can utilize their powers because they make their weapons out of Pokémon, Monster Hunter style.

Stats (outside of IV/EV adjustments) are fixed.

On evolution stats are re-calculated with the new base stats and your already existing IVs/Evs/Nature for the level you evolved at.

>muh cute
Fuck off, roastie. Typhlosion is THE most badass Fire starter of all time. Here's the list:

Typhlosion >>> Incineroar > Infernape >> Blaziken > Charizard > Emboar >>> Delphox

Attached: 1509753208542.jpg (736x577, 92K)

So once and for all why did we get three fire/fighting starters in a row? Like honestly, what was going through their minds with that

>big orange human
>badass
Why does Typhlosion attract so many autists

Attached: 1451599405160.jpg (640x428, 39K)

This.
>rolling through kanto with an alakazam, nidoking, arcanine, poliwrath, jolt/umbr eon, ninetails, dugtrio, gyrados, or machamp at the top of the team

Attached: 15443534535.jpg (1024x1024, 136K)

Why does she think pokemon will overthrow the human race, aside from “muh powers”? At the end of the day, they’re still animals, animals humans live alogside to support their own needs. Without animals, humanity would collapse fast (agriculture-pollination, meat, milk, fur; ecosystem support). Also, there needs to be plausible intention, otherwise she’ll be one-dimensional. The beauty is in the details.

>ORANGE MAN BAD
>SHILLZARD GOOD
Every other Fire starter is named after fire, while Typhlosion is named after EXPLOSIONS. FUCKING EXPLOSIONS. You CANNOT get more badass than that.

Attached: 1534047071317.jpg (620x456, 102K)

preventing a pokémon's evolution so that it can learn a move early is retarded

you keep your pokemon unevolved only if it's to get a move its evolution can't learn

Attached: 1442721260155.jpg (531x500, 27K)