it's not dubstep, it's future bass

skrillex hasn't made a full dubstep album since like 2013

If you listen to the covers and the song a couple times, it's quite nice

>it's not dubstep, it's future bass
it's still shit, prove me wrong?

It's fucking awful

>my taste is universal fact

movie game

How did Japanese companies not named Platinum suddenly get shit taste in music?

Skrillex has been a fan of KH since he was young that's why they reached out to him besides you get a nice song at the end

I thought that the dubstep was a little awkward the first time I heard it, but I think it works. Reminds me of the KH2 opening, first time I heard it I didn't care much for it but it grew on me

>it's not dubstep, it's future bass
Who cares about your subgenres they're all electronic in the end.

I thought it was trash too. I listened to Simple and Clean and Sanctuary to see if maybe it was just nostalgia and NOPE, those songs are still well made breezy pop music. Most I can assume is that someone high up thought, “We need to show people Kingdom Hearts is still hip! Get that skrillex guy!”

Same with the Instagram shit. How do you do fellow kids?

what's your point
skrillex and utada have been wanting to work together for a long time, and don't talk like the KH1 intro isn't super 2001 era electro pop

It's all downhill from there bro.

>my point
I also think it's shit and KH openings should stick to being just J-pop. Never skipped an OP so fast in my life.

I did lived the game, but the dubstep intro is terrible, they should have kept the one from aqua's game. Even the title screen song is pretty generic compared to the old ones

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

Skrillex ruined the song with his wubs

The whole fucking game is a shit show. The Disney characters all look like cheap Chinese knockoff. Like some sort of facebook ad game. The dialogue is suicide inducing. The combat is mash x for an hour. Whatever mechanic it is that let's you dash off of shit is fucking awful and whoever thought up this camera system should be murdered.

Because Utada has been using electronic shit since forever and no one had ever bitched about it?

>The Disney characters all look like cheap Chinese knockoff
They're literally the digital assets given to them by Disney

Wait, the opening song isn't even by Utada?

And somehow they all look like shit. Amazing how they can fuck up that bad.

Sanctuary/Passion is still the best song.

>and don't talk like the KH1 intro isn't super 2001 era electro pop

This is not the wubstep
youtube.com/watch?v=yKgBhxWMTGM
youtube.com/watch?v=29KHZ3jVguk

that ruined the KH3 intro.

>worst intro song
>worst Dearly Beloved
Don't Think Twice is alright though.

>Wait, the opening song isn't even by Utada?

Utada does "Face my Fears" but some some god forsaken reason they got Skrillex to add in some shitty wubstep into the song making Face my Fears the WORST KH opening song.

This

Yeah, it's fucking awful. Would probably be hard to top Passion and Hikari though, iconic as they are.

>ywn be a blissfully unaware teenage weaboo in the early 2000s ever again

Attached: 1547594282971.gif (480x480, 406K)

>A hundred different spinoff games leading up to the conclusion of the story in KH3
>Constant releases of the games on current gen consoles to get fans caught up with the story if they didn't buy handhelds or play mobile
>"lol Sora has amnesia"
>Everything that happened in the spinoffs has to be explained again throughout the story
>Shit makes even less sense now than it ever did
Great game

Attached: (You) from best girl.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

Look I'm sure you liked the game, but I wish it was better than it was. I wish it didn't feel so phoned in in some places. All I want is one (1) game this decade that isn't a disappointment in some way or another.

It's okay because she's a woman from Japan.

I unironically listen to Face my Fears and Don't Think Twice everyday. Its great.

there's a strong difference between electronic shit and wubstep.

Simple and Clean - Electronic
Face my Fears - Wubstep

>he couldn't find one game in 9 years that wasn't a disappointment
How fucking petty are you?

Attached: 1536501869528.jpg (590x405, 22K)

Nothing will ever top him.

Attached: 1549865885370.png (465x391, 368K)

>best cover art/title screen
>best dearly beloved
>best story
>worst gameplay
If any game in the series deserves a polished rerelease it was this one, yet they decided to shaft it in the HD collections

Attached: Kingdom_Hearts_358_2_Days_poster.jpg (1280x1024, 455K)

I just don't like that Utada talks like Yoda in Face My Fears.

Utada is in love with crappy dubstep westaboo musicians, and convinced Square Enix's management this would be a good theme song.

Fuck, I’m gonna miss this man and his sexy voice

When the 2008 financial crisis happened, the economy wasn't the only thing that crashed. The entire game industry followed suit. DLCs, microtransactions, lazily made shit shoveled in all of our faces. That has been our fate since then. It's pathetic to see what has happened to modenr "gaming", compared to the games of the PS2 era. To see modern gamers get nickel-and-dimed in every game they play, and still come back and pre-order the next yearly release like the obedient dogs they've been trained to be. I hoped KH3 could have been different, but as it is today, it's just another representation of how far we've fallen as a medium.

>play kh3
>think that we probably get like a different ending
>whole intro is 5 min
This and chikai orchestra were fucking great.

Yikes!

Don’t think twice > Face my fears
Prove me wrong

Both are great so I don't care

Kh opening english > japanese
chikai (text) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>don´t think twice

First Time I ever thought that it´s sad I am not a jap.

Skrillex remixed it

>he didn't listen to the orchestral version
youtu.be/0SWngOE5pm4?list=PLDpR7VFdSzDadw8VteBvGiyr-mNfB0Oe9

I still like that song, and sanctuary, I like sanctuary more cause it's more chill.

I unironically like both of these and I feel like a faggot for it.

wow that roxas is way twinkier than in game roxas.

>pop artist makes pop song
stop the presses

Coded gameplay is worse

Skrillex never made a FULL dubstep album.

lmao its not.

At least Don't Think Twice is nice.

t. didn't actually play it

So should I bother playing KH3? I've been mulling it over and I don't hate the bits and pieces I've happened to see.

I was rather shakey on it, but it really does start to grow on you after a while.
Submit to the groove user.

Attached: 1523255382527.png (504x375, 257K)

It's a good song.
Prove me wrong.

>Same jank controls but with command deck bullshit on top of that
>Only actually playing a KH game maybe 33% of the time, the rest is spent on awful minigame modes

Do you like the rest of the series? Then no.
Do you hate the rest of the series? Then no.
Do you just want something to run around and beat things with a big key for a few hours? Then yes.

>command deck bullshit
Do you live on memes for sustenance? Nothing is actually wrong with command deck and it's a damn sight better than limited magic.

I already have, It feels like the birth by sleep one is just a faster version of the origianal with some more electronic stuff along with it. I like both. I just gave a bit of a listen to the opening and ending to KH3, opener is a tad generic, and it really doesn't feel like a KH song, and the ending is nice but not quite my thing, it's better than recycling sanctuary for the end, but sanctuary is pretty much my favorite so it can do no wrong, not even if you added wubs to it.

I mean I paid little attention to the story, I just know the gist, my only question is: combat, is it comparable to 2 or is it worse or better?

i've never played a KH game but I bought the game just because of that song.

Skrillex made the song better, more accessible and less weeb sounding but the autistic KH fanbase will never understand that.

Worse than 2FM, better than 2.

Opinion is not fact, therefore you are right to yourself but wrong to someone else

I am indifferent to the song, I feel nothing but there is no hate

Worse. There's a bunch of new mechanics that feel half assed like attractions and a bunch of old mechanics that you'll almost never use like shotlocks and flowmotion. The only thing it did neat were the formchanges for keyblades.

Nomura took the shittiest parts of the original KH games and then amplified them in 3.

Worse. It’s way easier than KH2. Lots of style and OP moves. Feels like the game pretty much plays itself.

I might play 2FM and then give KH3 a go. Both are better but will I miss things from 2FM if I play it first then play KH3?

I mean if it has more mobility than 1 I guess I can get used to it, but if not I don't want to deal with that.

Face my fears is probably the best opening in the series, followed closely by __0.2__ so fuck you OP no taste faggot

Not really. KH3 gets rated a bit lower due to what it adds, not what it takes away.

No it's not

Cool argument.

completely new to KH3, had a listen and it got way to un KH with it, and way more just...generic ass electronic music of whichever sub genre you want to call it.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's you being a fucking faggot and hating everything for no reason. Just kill yourself already.

Okay, I'll get KH3 and play it first and if I find it something I might not play through a lot, I'll get 2FM and just play that. What does the final mix of 2 add in?

and smartphones. need to get them zoomers to buy the game somehow. it disgusts me how KH3 was many peoples first KH game. happened with persona 5 as well. it keeps happening!

No iteration of the command deck was balanced
Limited magic made sense in the context of a mission-based game
There's your argument

khwiki.com/Kingdom_Hearts_II_Final_Mix

Hmm personally I think his post is more compelling than yours

KH3 has as good core gameplay as KH2, it's just that you have to actively tune the difficulty by turning off exp gain if you want a challenge, which is too much to ask of a lot of people, so they sit on Yea Forums and whine that it's too easy.

I started with KH1 and as a kid I fucking loved it. Persona I can't say I started as early as the 1st, as I started with 4, but I like 4, and am willing to try earlier ones. I listened to those two versions of the KH1 opening someone posted earlier and I was just like "I remember this, funny that I still like it"

>No iteration of the command deck was balanced
No KH game is properly balanced, there's always going to be an optimal strategy, a strategy that you most definitely aren't going to know without playing multiple times or looking up a guide like a faggot.
>Limited magic made sense in the context of a mission-based game
No it didn't, magic has never been limited and the atrocious "mission based" bullshit in Days was garbage too.

>”generic ass electro music”
Right as opposed to simple and clean being............. lmao

fuck me I'll probably get this shit sometime, I like the sound of fighting all the Organization members and a playable Roxas fight in the city area sounds cool.

the original simple and clean feels less generic than the KH3 theme. I just like it less. I'm not disparaging your choices.

turning off exp gain? explain this because it sounds like a weird thing to have to toggle.

>No KH game is properly balanced
Even if that's true (KH1 is pretty much perfectly balanced), the difference between non-command deck and command deck games is absolutely insane.

>all these boring mini games you have to play to 100% the game

i was fine with the shadow mushrooms in 2 since those games relied on you knowing the core gameplay system inside and out but these games in 3 are just awful. fuck cooking, fuck and fuck the phone games.

Attached: 1485300365780.jpg (969x969, 103K)

And Days is neither, it's fucking trash.

>fuck cooking
casual
>fuck the phone games.
You don't even have to play them just start and fail on purpose.

>I hate you
What did Raiku mean by this?

i forgot
>fuck that each world has its own mini game. dancing, snow sliding, racing, fuck em!

Still a hell of a lot better than Days and Ruler of the Sky

Nothing is wrong with any of these except finding the treasures in the tobogganing one, because that's legitimately impossible without a guide and I don't know what the fuck Square was smoking.

You have an ability called Zero Exp, like in the Final Mixes of earlier KH games. You're going to have to turn that on at least half of the time if you want a challenge from the game. I beat it on level 25 on Proud and it was about as hard as beating KH2 at level 50.

He's tired of losing to Sora all the time.

Attached: 15510533978593.png (777x930, 133K)

I found all of them without a guide, they're numbered from 1 to 10 so it's not all that hard to figure out approximately where the ones you're missing are as long as you pay attention.

It be fine if they didn't tie a fucking Orchalicum+ to that shit.
Just going for score its probably my favorite minigame. Like a bigger but less batshit version of the Pooh book slide from 2.

I might do a lazy run the first time with it on then try with it off.

I agree, it feels more in line with Simple and Clean and Sanctuary

dont think twice doesnt sound good to me, it sounds like the piano or whatever is off key and the lyrics are retarded

But leveling up is half the fun in an RPG. Not to mention that turning it off just means that you’re going to do pretty much no damage throughout the game. Making every fight a chore unless you do the ridiculous attraction moves. There’s no balance.

You stop getting good abilities past level 30 or so anyway.

I listened to those songs earlier and I've been listening to KH music the past short while now.

I doubt that’s true, and even if it was that’s still ridiculous. what’s the point of having a leveling system at all if it needs to be capped at 30? You see why this is a problem right? What makes it more perplexing is that this wasn’t such a problem in the other games.

There are some games that make playing low levels fun. TWEWY had a mechanic that allowed you to tweak your level/health and difficulty. The more lower you tweaked your health and the higher you bumped up the difficulty, the more rewards you get and the amount of rare drops dramatically increase. Recoded actually had this mechanic as well, which is why I hoped that KH3 would take that idea and implemented that feature within the game.

Attached: EA63191E-BBB7-436F-907B-0947226BFC1B.jpg (800x684, 695K)

That's not dubstep.

The previous songs were literallu trash-tier techno pop shit popular at the time, your point?

To be fair that's still leveling up, just instead of stats like HP, attack, and defense you're just dumping all your XP into luck,

But that actually serves a purpose.

Days also had it

>its not classical, its baroque
Bitch all you want about subgenres but your in Yea Forums, where videogames have more classifications then music, so your argument is not only redundant but pretty faggy. Tell me how all sex is just sex and all food is the same because it goes in your stomach

Attached: 4912D330-DDFB-4A60-85C1-B7E917196FDC.jpg (378x360, 31K)