IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S HAPPENING

Attached: 53121578_2162688000482308_661248814090289152_n.jpg (960x960, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1100395059923439616?s=19
youtu.be/3NMWdUBA8e4
youtu.be/8CF_m4cPs2g
youtu.be/fL6QuYi3rpo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Pokemon in 2019

Attached: 1530216182245.jpg (808x669, 66K)

IT'S REAL
twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1100395059923439616?s=19

About time

>7 minutes

There aren't that many months in a year

Pokemon let's go vote the orange man out!

>7 mins
I ain't expecting much considering how much we saw of SM in their first trailer
fucking spent 90% on old games montage bullshit
they better fucking skip right to the point and show BoTW/Xenoblade tier graphics

>That """adult""" who cares about Pokemon

Attached: 400.jpg (585x300, 109K)

>sequel to pokemon let's go the the polls
IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

>seven minute live stream

maybe they could start doing something novel and creative with the series instead of just regurgitating the same formulaic shit they've been doing

Notbased and bluepilled

Attached: a3JJ5Qxz3_480w_v1.jpg (460x348, 21K)

get those last minute name bets in

>the """adult""" who still posts Shrek

Attached: 1544659183955.png (498x427, 391K)

Just like the direct that announced XY.

>the """adults""" who go online to argue in anonymous video game forums about who is less adult
fuck off

Can't wait for the inevitable "Let's Go versions got so much positive reception that we decided to make the next games similar to them!"
Also, I wonder what features they removed now.

>le dead ogre camera man meme
Yikes and oof my dude.

Just remember how much shit they showed of Three Houses in that last direct. That was only 5 minutes long.

If gen 8 looks like Let's Go or is just Sun and Moon in HD I'm done with Pokemon.

You're comparing semi competent game developers to retarded shitheads who stayed afloat due to brand value

So what's left for Nintendo to port or remake om the Pokemon side since that's part of the PS4 generation remaster crazy instead of making new games? How long did it take for GBC and GBA to get their own Pokemon games instead of ports and remakes?

I'm not saying what they show will be good, i'm just saying that 7 minutes is more than enough time to show a lot of shit off.

>its a 7 minute video on Pokémon Let's Go DLC

Attached: 1516454954346.png (500x452, 57K)

w-what if it's good?

Attached: Face.png (130x130, 34K)

diamond/pearl remake incoming

Not a chance

and they're infamous experts at squandering that time off like for SM and XY teasers

Why would anything good ever happen?

keep in mind that every day from the 27th to the 3rd has a treehouse stream scheduled

Already resisted both versions of S/M and 'let's go nowhere' so I'm free from buying this lazy shit as a guilty pleasure for the sake of my childhood nostalgia.
Still secretly hoping it's gonna be good and worth buying.

Attached: 1504202316676.jpg (680x706, 96K)

>what if it isn't grid based
That's the only thing that could save it for me. LGPE was a good start, but pokemon roaming in the overworld doesn't really work in such small environments. Hopefully they go with a camera like Zelda.

youtu.be/3NMWdUBA8e4
youtu.be/8CF_m4cPs2g
Expect somethingike this

I'm cautiously optimistic. Not gonna hype myself up just to get disappointed.

This, the only true cringe is brony and loli shit

>Fateposter

For how late the announcement is, I'm expecting it to start off like the SM announcement before giving us a real trailer right after.

Sorry, but fire emblem developers are also retarded shitheads

I couldn't give a shit after LGPE

Attached: 1499227443267.jpg (540x438, 46K)

imagine that they reveal some shitty 3D game that is just slightly better than LGPE
AND THEN AFTER THAT THEY SHOW OFF KINO PIXEL BASED NEW POKEMON SPIN OFF BASED ON PRE 3DS ERA GAMES

Fucking hell I forgot how ugly XY are

they at least know how to change things up with echoes and the class change freedom of three houses

XY was already free from the grid.

POKECHADS REJOICE INVOKING KINO TRAILER BEFORE WE GET MORE POKINO TOMORROW
youtu.be/fL6QuYi3rpo

Best case
>Open world Pokemon game with a Zelda camera

Worst case
>SuMo in HD, or a better looking Legpee

I didn't even touch Legpee, so I hope this is good.

Not really. You could move off the grid, but the environments are still square, with evenly places patches of grass.
Right direction, but not nearly there yet.

Attached: Pokemon-X-Y-screenshots-pokemon-35395972-400-240.jpg (400x240, 43K)

>mfw gold and silver lgpe style

Attached: 13672319.jpg (576x472, 40K)

SUMO tier in HD is far from worst case, Gen 7 was tolerable

Worst case is LG Johto or something XY tier

Best case for me would be a new game with Metal Slug tier sprites but that’ll never happen, so I’ll take HD 3D

I don't know if I should get excited or not.

Attached: 1442499219875.jpg (456x250, 17K)

>discussing the biggest media and video game franchise on a video game board

What if it's new gen with Octopath Traveler 2D-HD concept?

>biggest media and video game franchise

Attached: RaggedLankyArabianoryx.webm (640x360, 539K)

best scenario would be a bigass open world with like 15 gyms and basically no story

These are facts, not your shitty opinions

would be awful. octopath looks like a brown and bloom turd.

>7 mins

It's nothing. Just some DLC for Let's Go!

It's a teaser for E3

Pokemon HBO and Pokemon lifetime

pokemon stem and humanities

>when it has an entire board contained to itself

Maybe Nintendo realized that and are making it more compact this time around

>Pokémon
>video games

Can be discussed here you faggot, /vp/ is containment for shit like the anime, TCG and waifus

Who are you quoting?
Anyway, /vp/ existing doesn't mean you can't discuss pokemon on Yea Forums. How new are you?

Just fuck already

I can’t wait for Pokémon Pizza and Pokémon Spaghetti, with the secret third version: Pokemon Calzone

it’s only going to have like 40 new Pokémon, 1/4th of them mythical/legendaries, the rest are gonna be very rare compared to the Gen 1-3 Pokémon that will be everywhere and the Reinforcement mechanic from Gen 7 will be removed

Attached: 336A0D5A-D96E-4F6F-8B82-3AA8E4F24B2D.gif (629x515, 3.94M)

nah man its Pokemon Mamma and Pokemon MIa, with the secret third version: Pokemon Pizzeria

POKEMON LET'S GOOOOO JOOOHHHHHTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They wouldn't use a direct like this to announce more let's go games

>7 minutes of "haha, making games is hard, please understand!" and "DUDE, REMEMBER KANTOOOOOOOO?"
and you all thought the last direct was bad. yikes!

nintendo allowed sakurai to spend several minutes of a smash direct talking about menus. they don't give a shit.

Attached: CS Lewis on Acting Like an Adult.jpg (850x400, 85K)

SunMoon were 100% completely grid-free. Literally not even an option to move grid-based.

Alright this is how you fucking fix Pokemon:
1. Reboot the fucking series
Most problems in developing the game is including all Pokemon that has been made up till then, so you either compromise on Catch them All tm or you reboot the series and start off a new game with a mix of existing Pokemon and new ones
2. Fix animations
With fewer Pokemon to work with, the team can flesh out their roster's animations and actually put life into their every movement, from idle animations to certain attacks done from certain body parts, damage done to certain body parts and kill animation based on KO-ed move. This will 100% bring life into the stale fucking combat presentation of the modern 3DS onwards era of games
3. Wider Worlds
SM was an example of being too small of a scope. There was too much things packed into such small space that it took away from the immersion of an adventure, and made it feel like a linear tour ride. Make use of the Switch hardware and pump out towns, cities, villages, landscapes that would be comparable to those of Mario Odyssey
4. (OPTIONAL) Reboot the fucking combat
I know that Pokemon combat is already complex enough, but looking at other turn-based RPG alternatives Pokemon seems to be very archaic and cluttered with mess on top of mess. I propose a stamina and dodge system. Each mons have to consume stamina to attack, and they can regenerate stamina in between turns. Players can also consume stamina to dodge by inputting commands on specific timing to order their Pokemon to dodge incoming attacks and take reduced/null damage. Of course, they need to include the defend option to regenerate stamina in case you don't have enough for attacks. This brings a fresh take into 1v1 battle RPGs where you need to manage stamina usage for offense and defense on top of type and stat matchups. Some shitmons can also be buffed by granting them bonuses in stamina regen or less stamina consumed for evades.

That's it, thx for reading pls reply for feedback

I like my switch a lot but it barely has any games but if this is a 3-d Pokémon then I'll consider the console a true success.

>1
>4

Absolutely not

can you elaborate on your disagreement with point 1 and 4?

Don’t go full retard

4 is literally "let's take what makes the series so iconic and enjoyable, and completely fucking ruin it for no reason other than I personally don't like it even though everyone else likes it."

And what is it that makes it iconic and enjoyable that part 4 ruined, fag?

>LGPE was a good start

Yikes.

Not including every pokemon is stupid. A dev the size of gf should be capable of making animations for all of them. You also face the impossible task of deciding which ones to remove.
And the combat is perfectly fine as is. Why do you think it needs to be changed so dramatically?

It's still the 4 Moves combat system, just with stamina as additional currency that you have to balance as well as a dodge option to emulate that skill aspect of a trainer's perception when instructing their Pokemon

I used to trust GF with making proper animations for every Pokemon, but I've been proved wrong since XY and they haven't spend an effort on animations since.
Resetting the roster is a chance for GF to slowly drip higher quality animations into future games. Choosing which Pokemon to include in the first game of the reboot can be based on the region, just like every regional dex choice.

1 is bad because it basically completely divides the fan base, and would entirely erase a lot of history and quality mons, and 4 is simple, I can’t really get this type of turn based collectathon gameplay elsewhere. I can get action RPG lite by tripping over it.

I COULD play digimon games, but digimon look like they were designed by the worlds edgiest teen that didn’t know when to stop drawing pointless details

>Pokemon seems to be very archaic and cluttered with mess on top of mess
>so let's add EVEN MORE mess on top with stamina and dodge systems for no reason, when the combat already works perfectly fine and has done so for more than 20 years

For 1. my bad, should've include the fact that they will eventually restore previous roster in future games
Resetting it for a reboot is just for GF to slowly put time into making quality animations for each Pokemon

And for 4 I'm building upon turn-based options, you still choose moves and end your turn, but now you have to manage stamina to focus on offense or defense
It's not a foolproof idea of course, not sure how to balance stallmons but maybe there could be an option to use up all your stamina to disregard dodge and protect status and dish out a kill move

>Pokemon
>in 2019

Attached: 1550788220046.jpg (468x376, 43K)

Combat in pokemon could really be complex and interesting, but it is extremely ignored in mainline games, where
>Shift is the default mode
>AI never switches or tries to predict a player's switch to punish
>AI priorities buffs/debuffs/status even when he could easily go for the OHKO
>AI uses particular moves like foresight/mist/haze/protect when they would have zero fucking effects
>Item usage of the AI is predictable and can be exploited by the player
>Most opponets have really small teams with no synergy at all
>Most bosses are mono-type teams that don't even try to cover their weaknesses
>The enemy sets are almost always retarded, only in postgame facilities you can finally see pokemons that can actually do something to you, sitrus berry is NOT a good item to give to the ace pokemon

god i fucking hope so

By mess on top of mess I mean Megas, Terrains and Z-Moves
Yeah, having stamina may complicate the game but I'd rather hard system change in the battle system than soft system change through broken Mons or abilities

1 would be acceptable if they release them in patches over a year or two.

>waiting an entire year or more to play with your favorite mon
that would be the shittiest thing ever in a pokemon game and even game freak would never put someone through that.

You underestimate the retard power of GF, where removing content is actually seen as progress.

That would work if your pokemons were automatically healed after every random fight.

no need for that.
blaze black|white2 does what he wants and its fine. probably too hard for most but difficulty settings are a thing.