I love this game so much

I love this game so much

Attached: Digimonworld (1).jpg (500x495, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoenix-staffel.de/digimon/DigimonWorld/evolution.html
phoenix-staffel.de/digimon/DigimonWorld/statsgain.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TtZifR4xQyw
youtube.com/watch?v=DLseW25ZXvw
youtube.com/watch?v=AwLkI2r6G4o
youtube.com/watch?v=S2T9Cx2ogbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p8Tp2BRtOQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=QiUgBGwIIPo&t=20s
youtube.com/watch?v=eR30ef1NNqM
puu_dot_sh/CS0B6/aee31b5ff6.mp3
puu_dot_sh/CS2Gz/f65a738089.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=_3-5-cqMxPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BwPcA-SZv2E
youtube.com/watch?v=WMQkFoEB1iQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WdwogopdnKk
youtube.com/watch?v=HzfvnrSFP7U
youtube.com/watch?v=X-fbDFthD70
youtu.be/9m9NQjHjuUg
youtube.com/watch?v=1lMRLW4-o1o
youtu.be/uKvfhTeEWAo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought that too until I booted it up last week and it was so painfully boring to sit and train your digibro for hours. Still better than every digimon game after it.

>see MetalGreymon on the cover and buy
>finish the game without digivolve to MetalGreymon

I was terrible at it playing it as a kid. I never did it right with training, my Digimon would constantly take shits and end up as a Numemon/Sukamon or a Tyrannomon because Greymon doesn't exist. I liked 2 and 3 better.

I like how the 3rd one became Pokemon.

Why was this game so stupidly hard?

I mean, the world had an odd "comfy" atmosphere about it, and the music was fucking amazing but good lord the breeding and training mechanics were difficult.

I got this game hoping to get metalgreymon on the cover or atleast Greymon and I even followed the directions in the manual that came with the game but I'd always end up getting literal shit eating digimons.

I got lucky a few times and god Birdamon, Tyrannomon and Triceramon but most of the time it was always this fucker in pic related.

I would rage and be super pissed off because I thought I did everything right. Only bright side about this digimon is that he would eat the shit that was scattered around the world making everything look ugly.

Who's bright idea was it to to program a feature where the poop disappeared after a while...? That was pretty embarrassing to leave File City and see all the areas i couldnt reach the bathroom covered in poop mounds.

Attached: Numemon[1].png (753x496, 321K)

It was an oddly punishing poop mechanic, and I guess it gave numemon a reason to exist if only to clean up the mountains of doo doo.

Attached: 1548300053324.png (800x600, 466K)

Hello

Attached: CDE66B41-853A-47FC-AB5E-2B297462CF7D.jpg (300x300, 28K)

because many things weren't directly told to you and you actually needed to pay attention or try new things, which is part of the charm, in my opinion.

i didn't know about beetle island and having to catch Seadramon in order to unlock an optional area and improve the gym at file city, or bringing a Numemon to toy town and get a badass Monzaemon.

if they had polished the mechanics and kept improving with each title, Digimon would have been on par with Pokèmon, at least in game sales, this game had so many good ideas but it feels rushed

worst part is that you either trained your mon and only fought against big enemies or wasted several mons trying to learn new moves, that sucked a lot. DW2 and 3 were utter crap in comparison, and don't get me started on DW4

I started a playthrough yesterday! I wanted a meramon but got a tyran instead because I couldn't reach the 5 mistake requirement, I didn't want to metagame this game so I went against birdramon early instead of waiting to play the cash game and get all the digimon without fighting, so I lost.

It's actually realy fun to play without doing everything the most efficient way, I've decided I'm gonna get all the medals so I'm not in a hurry to do anything.

Attached: e0563c00-82ce-482a-b596-aa0c917e65c3.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Is this game any good?

this game was the tits

Yes, I’ve replayed it many times over the years. It has monster raising/battling mechanics along with a good story. It’s a bit short in comparison to other Jrpgs at the time, but there is technically infinite gameplay after beating the main story. It’s at least worth emulating

having a guide with all the digimon evolution requirements makes the game so much more enjoyable. The game only sort of tells you about things but leaves the details completely up in the air. The air of mystery around everything makes it very enticing though, and exploring the world is both rewarding and dangerous.

When I was a kid I got so sad when my digimon died, somehow the first time I ever played (with a memory card) I managed to get a metalmamemon, when he died I thought he was evolving into mega until I just sadly stared at the screen for like 5 minutes when I realized what happened. I found it very difficult to play after that.

you basically need an excel sheet or a guide for precise digivolutions.
Also, you need RNG manipulation to successfully do 'Bonus Try' training.
Otherwise it's a pretty good open world monster raising game. I'd go so far to say that even Pokemon still hasn't gotten as deep as this game was.

yeah it sucks but with a good tamer lvl, upgraded gym, manual and food boosts, training becomes a breeze.
I remember my MetalGreymon dying and turning into a SkullGreymon. Shit was cash.

Use this
phoenix-staffel.de/digimon/DigimonWorld/evolution.html

and this
phoenix-staffel.de/digimon/DigimonWorld/statsgain.html

It's absolutely fantastic. Emulate it tonight.

Doing it right now, thanks user.

uwotm8

Attached: 9-capture_11062011_102640.png (640x480, 47K)

All that meat wasted on dino digimon.

I think he was more commenting on the fact that getting a Greymon evolution is less likely than a Tyrannomon evolution most of the time

Also a tip for early game, don't get meme'd into evolving into big dinosaurs. They eat shitloads and you're quite limited in early food supplies. Later it's not an issue.

I just recruit Palmon first usually, also DigiMushroom are abundant anyways

After you beat that there’s Jade Cocoon 2 on PS2. You might also like Azure dreams

can anyone into Monster Rancher?

Palmon is obviously one of your first recruits, but the daily giant meat just straight up doesn't cover the food requirements of Greymon. Yeah you can supplement with digimushroom and scrape by but why bother putting in all that effort? You'll usually just end up buying meat at the store when you wouldn't have to do that with other digimon. Plus he's just probably going to be using spit fire or some shit that early anyway.

>when you learn 15 years later that over-training causes shit evolutions
at this point, I don't even know how to feel

Boring autism shit is fun though

Do you also let your dog just crap on the floor instead of taking it for walks? Like what the hell.

Ah a factorio fan I see

It's commentary on the Japanese school system.

Tedious=/hard

fire moves like Magma Bomb and Firetl Tower can be learned pretty quick, plus he can learn Air Cutter off Yanmamon which is OP as fuck.

makes sense, considering you need a phd to get a mild understanding of how evolutions work in this game

>Learning move from enemies you beat
I fucking love that system.

youtube.com/watch?v=TtZifR4xQyw

This is one of, the greatest pieces of music, ever put into a video game.

Attached: 1529907242334.jpg (923x713, 62K)

>my digimon gets turned into poop every fucken time

Attached: 056E0165-99F4-4831-97A5-182F0B7FB8F4.jpg (225x224, 6K)

You just activated my comfy mode.

How the fuck do I digivolve to something other than Centauramon?

I usually train the "starter" for a few minutes then boss rush the game spaming fucking spit fire.

>YATTA!
>"youbasterd"

So much unironic soul in this game.

I started playing again a few months and spent a few days to get metalgreymon and the correct abilities. The fucker died after managing to kill a few bosses and i gave up instantly. I love the game, but working so hard just to see it die in a matter of hours...

Yeah the best way to go back to this is via Emulator. Speed up helps reduce the tedious grind a lot and there's more time for SOUL

>get my first ultimate
>it's Metalmamemon
>so hype about getting an ultimate I just wander around the map killing EVERYTHING like a maniac
I am fire. I am death.

Shit was so cash, I did the same. Spam training then just cruise through with Fire and that's it lmao. I never made it to the final dungeon, lost my PS1 disc and Sony never put it on the PS Store as a digital classic. I hated that walk from the village to the mountain, it would eat up so much of a Stage 3 digimon's life going back and forth, like Metal Greymon is fucked and only meant for one playthrough. Fuck getting him back.

>I've decided I'm gonna get all the medals so I'm not in a hurry to do anything.
I did that years ago, too much fun, sadly my last medal was the "train every digimon" so i had to train and let die like 20 digimons because there was nothing else to do, and is not like there isnt a lot to do, i just did it too fast.
Also good luck with curling, remember if you get one than can get stuck in the floor is your chance for the perfect score.

don't ultimates last forever?

>Jade cocoon
May apsolute nigger

It will die after 3 days.

No, they usually die at 15-20 age, useless you spam chain melon and that one fish.

Wheres the fun in that

I've been on a Digimon kick for the past week, and seeing this and the Monster Rancher threads make me want to try some of these games, as I'm only familiar with the shows.

My first idea was to try one of the V-pets,though that's probably a different experience from DW1

>there will never be a jade cocoon 3
Why even live?

Download these while you’re at it

Are the games anything like the cartoon...I liked that

yes. You're a digidestined dude who has to save digi island and remake file city.

Pokemon Yellow is an apt comparison I guess.

>your Digimon can be literal shit

It was a bold game for sure.

If you're asking about a Digimon game that ends with the avatar character getting the romantic love interest taken away from them and fucked by the rival character out of nowhere as the credits roll, no. There's none of that in any Digimon game because Matt isn't mentioned ever.

New digimon card battle when.

is Re:Digitized a remake of this?

I just wish the game gave even a little bit of leeway in that regard. Pretty much the moment you see the sweat icon over your digimon's head, you may as well give up and rush to the evo stage.

Are pre rendered backgrounds an instant way to inject soul into a game? Also, has any recent game implemented them to cash in on ps1 nostalgia?

No, just the same gameplay.
Next 0rder is a sequel.

Travis Strikes Again has a whole section devoted as a love letter to PS1 era graphics and games.

We should probably make a thread in /vr/ as it’ll last much longer

Attached: 92FF52BF-C5FA-4E7D-88D1-A201C446EE85.jpg (313x600, 82K)

I can't believe it... I remained stunned for the whole duration. I've been looking for this tune for almost 20 years... I remember finding a midi in a RPG maker game around 2001 or so and I used it for a high school presentation about the weedy sea dragon, which back then was thoroughly unknown. My teacher was so enchanted with the presentation and the effort I put and the (cut together of the existing few) video with this tune in the background, that she sent me to the high school fair that year.

I've been whistling this tune ever /r/ (now /wsr/) appeared here, hoping one day I'd find it, and finally have.. in the most random of ways. Thank you for posting it.

>Tfw I didn't know you could skip the training animation at the gym
God, I was retarded as a kid.

we all were. I made more progress in 3 months in OSRS than I did in years as a kid on RS2. Dunno how, really.

/vr/ now has this thing where threads auto-sage after a week, just fyi. It would still last longer than on here, but still.

why were there now good digimon games on ps2?

/vr/ is stupid because the PS2 gen isn't considered retro

fuck, i meant NO
why are there no good ps2 digimon games

DW is pretty unique. 2 is a weird dungeon crawler and 3 was some GBA looking shit

4 and the smash clone were stupid fun with friends

Wouldn't what's considered "retro" change as time progresses? By 2019, ps2 is very retro.

World 4 had loading times that lasted nearly twenty minutes on my ps2. Still played it though but god DAMN.

yeah I know. I go to /vr/ for doom and blood and shit still

that was a banger, but the best track in the game was ice sanctuary.
youtube.com/watch?v=DLseW25ZXvw
youtube.com/watch?v=AwLkI2r6G4o

Are there any games like DW2? I really liked that one

I'm afraid the correct answer was Gear Savannah (Night), but thanks for playing! user'll be going home with the runner up prize of an Etamon Digimon Card! Big round of applause folks

youtube.com/watch?v=S2T9Cx2ogbQ

I did too, even if it was a more straightforward dungeon crawler compared to the first.

Tried getting into it a few times but the game is too slow, especially the battles, fast forwarding ruins the music and ambience. I also sucked at fusing monsters.

youtube.com/watch?v=p8Tp2BRtOQ0

Attached: Oh+man+_fb95dbb8edef408e769781ad844162ba.jpg (300x225, 24K)

>get piximon
>equip poison claw
Is there something more broken than this digibros? Aside gyromon's jukebox and PAL ogre fortress?

Attached: CyQP0IkWIAAy3we.jpg (392x495, 41K)

Dark Cloud, Shin Megami Tensei and Phantasy Star games.

>piximon
>poison claw
>bug
or anything that knows ice statue

This. Full Potential + Ice statue + Area Ultimate.

Attached: megadramon.jpg (480x480, 51K)

Every time. I just got the shit guy every single time I played and I gave it a lot of tries. I couldn't figure out what i was doing wrong so the game constantly made me feel like a useless fuck up failure. 10/10 prepared me for the rest of my life.

Attached: 1XWi6Pu.jpg (834x696, 47K)

>full potential
Now I remember recruiting mamemon and doing 0 damage

Attached: dku86qkz5ly11.jpg (297x296, 19K)

holy fuck, right in the feels

Attached: tookmyfaceoff.jpg (500x642, 102K)

It is so fucking slow, if I had the patience for it I'm sure it's a great game.

>digimon world 1 and 3 exploration/progression
are there recent games that emulates the same experience? preferably without 1's jank and 3's encounter rate, tried redigitize and cyber sleuth and they're dogshit

Attached: 1546383456244.jpg (800x800, 133K)

How far did you get? It picks up in the spider forest

I have fond memories of this.

Why do digimon poop?

because they're virtual pets

I have replayed this game at least 6 times over.
I fucking love this game. There hasn't been a single game that captures the same feeling as this game.
One day I will 100% it completely. All items. All prosperity. All digivolutions. All digicards. Everything.
Gear Savanah is a fucking masterpiece of a track and perfectly embodies the tone and feeling of the game. Just a wild adventure with your pet.

I like how proud Betamon looks

Attached: 1516832624965.jpg (2000x2861, 1.42M)

>PAL ogre fortress
I played on PAL and that part of the game was fine for me.

Yeah, I agree, he's pretty proud for a beta

Even bits of data can have redundancies that need to be discarded from time to time.

One of the Netherworld forests past the Promised Land temple, got stuck on some boss, ended up losing interest after many failed attempts and countless shitty fusions.

>you will never see the best world gae get localised

Come on SWITCH

Attached: $_35.jpg (300x273, 24K)

ITT
>this game fucking sucked and had horrible autistic mechanics that require a literal spreadsheet to manage and plan
>yeah but its fun

Attached: 1551041407324.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

yes. Many games are inherently flawed yet beloved. Digimon World was and still is the de facto monster raising game in my opinion.
You love it as a kid for soul and feels, you love it as an adult because statmaxing autism you didn't understand prior.

But the translation is coming out some time in the next few months.

Flawed But Interesting goes a long way.

>I'm retarded, so this game is bad.
Literally the only thing in this game that kind of sucks is not knowing about palmon/betamon immediately for good income/meats.

I really don’t do many fusions, I imagine you were mixing different elements or trying to use magic based monsters? My last game i didn’t do any fusions I just made sure to bring the right element of minion to the right boss fight and it was easy.
You might like jade cocoon 2 better, although I recommend trying jade cocoon 1 another time with a guide. I think the atmosphere and lore is well worth it

If you're still here user, I wasn't even gonna post it. Just so you know, this is -THE- go to song posted, in the comfy vidya song threads. I mean, this gets posted, front and centre, EVERY time. Glad I posted it now, and got that little story.

Attached: 1537402421492.png (395x296, 187K)

Transition? What are you talking about?

the mansion scared the shit out of me as a kid for some reason
youtube.com/watch?v=QiUgBGwIIPo&t=20s

Take another pass at reading, and try again.

To this day no Digimon game surpassed it in greatness.

Will it happen? The translator leader seems cursed or something

WHAT... when did they confirm translating this game?

youtube.com/watch?v=eR30ef1NNqM

I just want a proper PC port. Hell, I'd play it on mobile even.

He's real fucking close now, and has said if he ever just fucking gave up, he would still release what he has, which is like 98% of everything that isn't the weird housing minigame.

Indian street simulator 98

Like a decade ago the guys than translated the psp version decided to translate this one too.
But the guy is almost blind now.

Comfy as fuck, the three of them

the exploration and world building was underrated this game

until this day the battle system has not been properly replicated

I like DW3

Attached: 13317.gif (684x173, 22K)

How do you even miss Palmon? When I was a retarded kid who had no clue what I was doing she was the second digimon I recruited after Agumon obviously. She's literally sitting around in the open close to file city

>there's a PC port in existence
>it's not a 1:1 port
>sound's fucked
>graphics are fucked
>cutscenes are fucked
>mechanics are fucked
>it's only in Korean and crashes if you don't set your PC to their unicode
>runs at 1.5× speed all the time
at least it has real time shadows haha am I right?

Attached: giphy (7).gif (290x208, 1.45M)

The game would have been perfect if it wasn't for the lack of in-game info about the stats and digivolution trees. But played with a diagram of the digivolutions it's amazing. I hated the game with all my soul as a kid, but I finished it last autumn and now I absolutely love it.

Already played dark cloud. Now I remember there's a 2nd one too. Thanks user. I bought syberia 1, 2, and 3 on my switch and my mom wanted to play them so I had to find something to play meanwhile considering I also share it with my brother. (We're 25 and 28 don't give me your underage shit. We're living together because we just moved to a new country and with what we save in rent, in 2 years, we can buy 3 apartments inside the city)

Thank you again user. I just don't frequent Yea Forums in general, I mostly stay in /vg/. I just followed a link to another thread and decided to check the catalog for old times' sake. This was the sound file I had been posting in /r/ and /wsr/ all this time (loud warning):
puu_dot_sh/CS0B6/aee31b5ff6.mp3
By any chance do you or anyone else recognize this? Also another "lost" tune of mine:
puu_dot_sh/CS2Gz/f65a738089.mp3

I do too, but it's trash.

you're welcome.

Attached: 36f.png (310x311, 64K)

So what was with dudes like Brachimon, Jyureimon, Blikmon, and Master Tyranomon? Can't recruit, fight, or raise them.

These links don't work for me, wish I could help.

It was great, I love it. A lot of unironic soul and while flawed, fun mechanics.
Also it cracks everytime i remember my brother imitate the protagonist voice when he saw me Playing when i was a kid

YATTAAAA
Imash imash

I'm gonna take a wild fucking guess at that second one... that isn't from a mega man game.. is it? I do feel I recognoize that 2nd one but I don't want to give you false hope, I just can't get it from that, I know it sucks not being able to find music. wish I could do more

It's always been like that
There were some crazy shit digimons in 3 that you could never replicate, especially the ones that upgrade your legendary weapons

where he has put _dot_ take that out and replace it with a .

>tfw a sequel happened and ruined everything that made the first game so memorable
>now the series is gone forever with the true potential of the first game never coming to fruition
This game could have been considered one of the greatest jrpgs of all time if that were to happen but they decided to chase the Pokémon craze and destroy the maturity and atompshere the first game had

Emulators exist, you know?

It says it detected my post as spam so had to change the address from ".sh" to "_dot_sh".
For a while I thought it was from an anime, but after scouring the OSTs of basically everything I've seen, I gave up. Now that you mention Mega Man, it could be from one of the .EXE games. I'll go listen to their OSTs ASAP. Thanks for the potential hint.

The ad wasn't really lying.

Attached: 1534782310785.jpg (2392x3120, 2.73M)

I hate fiddling with those. I'm turning into a 30 yo boomer

That's funny. But, the game wasn't particularly hard, just cryptic about evolution requirements.

Official Power Ranking

Digimon world 1 : Amazing world, plenty of hidden stuff and events, tons of exploration

Digimon decode : Best combat mechanic, best progression, lot of amount of hidden stuff, fun but challenging, amazing story

Digimon next order : It's fucking shit

Attached: Digimonworld.jpg (1014x500, 171K)

hey user, hold on... it's not this, is it?

youtube.com/watch?v=_3-5-cqMxPQ

sorry to get your hopes up if it isn't and send you on a wild goose chase

re:digitize is really good but world is too linear compared to 1 and next order.

>Jeez Bandai, how come your mom lets you have TWO future versions of File Island?

Isn't Decode literally not decoded yet?

Do you have any reasons for not liking New Order?

Thanks but it isn't. Like the File City (night) whistling, the 2nd melody ought to be similarly accurate to the real song.

>Rising the price of medicine

Attached: 1524548200596.jpg (640x600, 73K)

i'd probably go broke for a gatcha version of digimon world

World 1 is still the better game for me just because the game forces you to explore it and discover it on your own.
Re:digitize even though having the best combat system lacked a lot in what made World 1 such a great game... the non linearity.
Next order could have been great but it just feels like such a rushed up product. Broken game mechanics and the world isnt as detailed and lacks serious flare compared to the other two.
I hate that Mameo had to be in this game.
Re:digitize is a seperate continuation and not part of the main File city canon.

I fucking hated the fusion system. Also training two digimons at a time becomes a total mess late game once they get out of synch. You will walk around with a baby digimon and a Mega.
I appreciate that they made the story progression non linear again and brought back the evolution of File city through recruiting Digimons but aside from that the story isnt as good as the other two games and its a bit too easy.

>reddit spacing

You can play the psp version but if you know Japanese decode shouldnt be an issue at all.
youtube.com/watch?v=BwPcA-SZv2E

>Rising

Attached: DTIU_-iX4AUObUs.jpg (797x609, 38K)

Is not a real thing. Those are called “paragraphs,” and are usually separate to indicate the ending of a correlated string of sentences and the beginning of a new one. Unmake yourself.

Leave him alone, he is overdosing on anime!!

Fuck I remember Mt.Infinite in this game. Training in re:digitize is so god damn tough you really need to perfect nearly every bonus training to stand a chance.

>Mount infinity remake
Best dungeon in any Digimon game.

But I'm an illiterate zoomer desperately trying to fit in, so fuck you buddy.

Don't know what there is to hate about the fusion system, aside from being OP.

Getting Digimon out of sync is actually incredibly useful, and the smartest way to play.

The story is one of the better Digimon stories, which is to say, "Not terrible".

It being piss easy is the only thing I agree with, but a lot of that is just because of QoL features that at least serve a purpose.

Why is getting them out of sync useful? Is is not better to have two powerful digimon contribute in combat, instead of one doing all the work while the other hides in a corner and defends?

It's called a typo, user. I dropped the 'a' from 'raising'.

Paragraphs are usually separated by a single new-line character. The "reddit spacing" thing comes from Reddit's markdown system only introducing a new-line when it finds 2 new-line characters.

Because it's substantially easier to bring a weaker Digimon up towards your stronger digimon, and because of how stat scaling works, you aren't set that far back on the progression of your stronger Digimon, especially if you put the weaker Digimon on buff duty. Because in World games efficiency=power, you're essentially leapfrogging your digimon by putting them out of sync and getting far stronger than you would otherwise.

Plus it makes entering Arena tournament much easier, if that sort of thing matters to you.

>Getting Digimon out of sync is actually incredibly useful, and the smartest way to play.
You are supposed to warp digivolve them, so having them out of synch isnt good and will just become tedious but if you mean that you can keep exploring further without having to backtrack and raise your digimon again then yeah but you wont be able to beat any late game monsters with just one mega. The story felt really edgy especially fucking Shoma.

How many of you knew that the game doesn't allow you to win the bonus training every time? It literally will not let you match 3 icons if it decides you lose.

Attached: 1497889095003.jpg (480x368, 17K)

okay I'm downloading this game now, why do they turn into poop

I really REALLY hope Digimon Not!SMT won't be a massive fucking disappointment

Attached: 1517096387265.jpg (839x999, 203K)

Fusion will pull your ass out of the fire, but the better method by far is to just be stronger. Fight stronger enemies, get better skills, get better stats, and just roll over the bosses.

You mean Digimon survival? Looks like a wanna be Fire emblem.

yes it's RNG operated. Would be broken otherwise.
Hence why speedrunners always twitch around before training to set the right value.

> I really REALLY hope Digimon Not!SMT won't be a massive fucking disappointment
You mean it's not SMT already? That's the best way I can describe how it's being handled, especially with way more focus on the humans, Mythological figures everywhere, more Humanoids/Waifumons, and stylish teenage protagonists.

So it must be the spanish version. In ogre fortress entrance that agumon there just keeps staring doing fucking jackshit making ogremon shellmon whamon and factorial town unaccesible

hey kid

Attached: 1535680218385.jpg (1650x1950, 256K)

Is next order worth getting? I only played Ps1 world before and never managed to beat the game.

The majority of champions required you to specialize in either HP/MP and one of the other four stats. If you trained an all-rounder rookie that met the requirements for too many different champions, the game got confused and resorted to Numemon as a failsafe.
That, or it was punishing you for spending all your rookie's time at the gym.

Is it true that the PAL version is unbeatable? Did I make a mistake by buying a copy?

Just emulate it with ePSXe, I'm playing it on mobile right now.

>That, or it was punishing you for spending all your rookie's time at the gym.

Gym training is the main source of growth though. This is one of the few things the game actually explains.

It depends from where you are IIRC, but there's a high chance you fucked up yeah. If you go to the grand canyon an agumon won't speak with you before a fortress, you completly fucked up.

Agumon in Ogre Fortress doesn't interact with the player.
There's a trick to get around it IIRC

yeah you have to unlock Mt. Infinity before doing the canyon.
Every version has something wrong with it. Nips had extra Digimon like WereGarurumon I think.

Just got Hacker's memory, any non-spoiler-y tips? Played Cybersleuth, finished it without too much trouble.

Attached: 2016-03-04-171901.jpg (960x544, 106K)

3 is pretty great.

This doesnt work, if you own the pal version you're fucked, plain and simply. The problem is on the agumon trigger, there's no way to fix it on CD.

People fixed the issue on the PAL ISO, but if he bought the game then he's fucked either way.

in any case Bamco is fucking retarded for not porting this for EZ money.

>It being piss easy is the only thing I agree with
I'm finding some things pretty hard, in my opinion at least. It takes quite some time to know how strong a lvl 20 Rookie or a lvl 14 Ultimate. I feel like i should be abusing some mechanics or exploiting some aspect of the game.
Also, i don't like the story so far. I didn't expect anything from an anime vidya with cutscenes so i'm totally ok with it.

I agree, while I don’t hate JC2 it’s not even close to being my favourite. I wonder who owns the rights to the franchise as Genki is dead I believe

>finally have a MetalGreymon
>no money
>no discs
>digimon barely has any moves
I think I'm stuck

just go look up which moves it can learn and go fight corresponding digimans

oh and also save and lose a battle so it evolves into SkullGreymon if you are afraid it's about to die. 30% it evolves.

I think WereG wasnt ready for release, nips didnt had it either but MetalEtemon was avaliable but only comes with a limited time Memory Card.

WereGarurumon is weird incomplete. Like the actual model isn't in the game, incomplete battle data, and the sprite used for tournaments and status effect is an edit of Leomon. Also the name is spelled a bit differently in Japanese than the final version, so kind of like WareGarurumon. Another item refers to a "Kanimarimon", but might have been just been Kunemon based on being an evolution item for a baby ii.

If you already played Cyber Sleuth then you probably already know all of the obvious tips and tricks.

i wish i was a digital monster

yeah there's gameshark items for MachineDramon and MetalEtemon

We all are sukamon m8

>lower price
>still storms off

Attached: 1529959830887.png (390x390, 303K)

Boy, I could use some Medicine.

I wish I played more of this game in my childhood. I had a disc that froze when you entered a certain area a few hours into the game, so I never really played it much. One of these days I'm gonna download it and play through it.
I recommend pic related to you guys, it's also a fucking great monster breeder, but with a different approach.

Attached: mr2.jpg (640x621, 78K)

youtube.com/watch?v=WMQkFoEB1iQ

where can I play this game? i love this as a kid

iirc the PAL version has the least bugs, but is the UK-PAL version finishable? iirc the UK version had less bugs than other PAL versions or some shit

only the German version is FUBAR'd.
I played my European English release normally.

PSA: Sleeping DOES NOT count as a care mistake unless you stay up past the hour your digimon is meant to wake up. A single second's worth of sleep is enough to satisfy your mon.
With this critical piece of information, you no longer need a guide to not get anything but a Numemon/Vademon. With this critical piece of information you are allowed raise ultimates - even your starter! - without recruiting Kabuterimon/Kuwagamon, Piximon's manual, or grinding baby upgrades. You're welcome.

Attached: 1546558586080.png (1278x900, 1.64M)

discovering that shit about sleep has changed my fucking world. Insane that it took THIS (I mean we knew in 2015) long to fucking find out

neither does exhaustion but it reduces their lifespan

considering sleeping is the only time you're allowed to save the game i'm not fucking surprised

>Sleeping DOES NOT count as a care mistake unless you stay up past the hour your digimon is meant to wake up

I thought this was common sense?

That's why you also get coelamon asap
>Get 3 giant meats
>Sell them for 15 small meats' worth
>?
>Profit

The Digivice in Jijimon's house lets you save too

exhaustion has NEVER been a problem dude, you recruit centaurumon like 5 minutes into a new game, and at that point if you see the sweat bubble pop up then you're the problem
sleeping late also does not affect your digimon's lifespan, in fact it technically prolongs it since you're spending more time with your digimon doing things instead of skipping hours of his lifespan sleeping.

oh man I'm gonna play it now. Which ISO is the best, US?

yeah but that chains you to jijimon's house
the ability to save on the field is key to savescum ability learning, especially machine ones that are either one-time-boss-only or just plain retarded (like the full potential guardromon)

I vaguely remember my mon getting sick after not letting it go to sleep. Obviously, something else caused it, but I associated it with the lack of sleep so never tried it again

>hearing youtube.com/watch?v=WdwogopdnKk for the first time

Attached: 1535903227610.webm (1280x720, 742K)

The only difference between versions is your mon has to shit exactly twice as often in JP

I just don't want to miss any techs

>you're just walking along in the woods, minding your own business, when suddenly this starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=HzfvnrSFP7U

>the only memories i have of this game are learning fast poop throw on my numemon from training brains and actually being able to land a hit or two before getting my ass kicked

Attached: 1545556738328.jpg (604x604, 28K)

Man. This game. This fucking game. Such a large part of my childhood.

>that kid who insisted bug island exists
>not only that, he also says there are tentomon there, despite the fact there are nowhere else in the game, not even as playable mons, despite the fact kabuterimon is playable
>and most ridiculous of all, he insists know the single most powerful ability in the game, Bug, despite being rookies

Attached: 1522304369087.jpg (443x808, 342K)

he was right tho

>MetalGreymon is the only boss with a certain technique
>Bringing your own to the fight is useless because he's also the only Digimon who can use it, but not learn it

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 7K)

I could never get a Greymon. Always Centaurumon or Tyrannomon.

You could keep switching your options until RNG makes a smiley face.

>only 4 digimons can use it (metalgreymon, phoenixmon, meramon)
>only digitamamon and meramon can actually learn it
what the fuck were they smoking?

Attached: 1524882171039.jpg (665x635, 49K)

Fast Poop was the least shit move in the element.

because you don't take them to the bathroom and they shit on the floor too much, if that happens they turn into poop,
if they don't have stats and requirements to digivolve into anithing they turn into a slug kek

Attached: okhandcat.jpg (552x594, 25K)

Ult Poop Hell is funny though

>tfw sucked so hard at this game that I purposefully let Numemon happen so that I could put it in the bear digimon costume
>mfw I then met the glitch that prevented Numemon from getting inside the bear costume. Forever

Attached: 93290278.jpg (313x254, 56K)

this is putting me off from replaying. I'm afraid I'll miss a tech

>play Rumble Arena 2
>cut Wormmon, Renamon, Terriermon and Impmon
>add more black versions instead
Fucking WHY?

And if you have both their happy and discipline at minimum, they turn into an old man from Tamagotchi land. Based plant got promoted from shitmon to standard evolution conditions.

My issue with sleep was that sometimes you'd have bad timing and your mon would wake up and shit itself.

The greatest frustration was getting an ultimate but it lasting only 5 more days. It was great to have an andromon, for however short a time.

you can still learn it from training brains
sure it's even more RNG than usual but the chance is still there

The spanish version is unbeatable. Agumon doesn't talk and mt.infinity is bugged and one of the last floors doesn't proc
You could get around agumon if you sperged like crazy but the fortress doesn't start

I just recently found out trying to cheat using an emulator, aparently the Tamer lvl affects how often you can do it

Attached: 1549483003012.png (384x384, 109K)

Risk/Reward system of setting out with a younger Digimon that can last longer and hope you don't get creamed vs a big perfect who can wallop anything but has the grave looming over everything is pretty unique and makes different approaches to the game.

Some great techs are really easy if you know where to look (like Megalo Spark), but your bound to need to train brains for some techs bosses use, like MetalGreymon, and the not-Megaseadramon you fight with Ogremon

DW4 was fucking garbage, the loading screens combined with the game being repetitive as shit, not to mention expecting you to grind grind grind and having filled with cancerous enemies like infermon quickly burnt everyone out of the game. and hearing your digivolutions reset your level? jesus by the time we unlocked the higher difficulties none of us wanted to even look at the game again

Digimon World 3 was my first console RPG so it holds a special place. I think its shit but I liked it.

>digimon fighting game
>no renamon
>what were they thinking

I love you for loving this game so much OP. It's a shame nothing like was really made again. I know they tried, but the game really loses a lot going from fixed camera to full 3D. The new games are just wide empty spaces you never really learn instead of a 2D Zelda style world map.

it's only the Pal version that has the problem if you use the spanish ntsc EU it works =)

100 prosperity point speedruns are done using only the starter
5 days is more than plenty

I remember playing the demo disk over and over until I got the full game for Christmas

>get a potential garurumon starter
>digivolve to garurumon
>RNG manipulate vs icedevimons to learn ice statue
>100% the game in two ingame days with optimal routing
Good game, would speedrun again

same, i wanted to play pokemon gold/Red all that shit but only had a PSX, love the game but i fucking hate the invisible forest labyrinth before pharaohmon kek

Attached: }.png (632x768, 151K)

Most people don't have the RNG manipulation down to get 10x bonus tries first try

interesting, i should try replaying the game using this piece of knowledge instead of the evolution tool for a change

>he unironically uses Megalo Spark / Ice Statue
may as well just hack your stats to 9999

Attached: 1526244779310.jpg (480x360, 67K)

Poison sting is also pretty dumb, it just takes longer

Imagine not being in the game based on the original pets

How does one into RNG manipulation?

>Battle theme for Mugendramon is based on the multiplayer battle theme, and is the only time you and your partner fight another human/digimon team.
If I had friends, this would have been a really cool thing.

>i did have friends who played this
>our multiplayer battles was just a grand showdown of nothing but sukamons and numemons, with the occasional starter-turned-tyrannomon in the mix

Attached: 1547162944915.png (733x464, 125K)

Why is Tyrannomon so easy to get?

big hp and attack which is what all the brainlets go for

Tried playing it two days ago for the first time since I was a kid. Gabumon digivolved into Numemon, deleted iso.

Curling, or running the shop?

Sounds like me

>absolute freedom to go wherever the fuck you want
>recruiting all those digimons and making the village look like a actual city slowly
>all those mini-game kind of stuff like forest guerilla, handling the shop and the best fishing mini-game I've ever experienced
>noticing your digimon was soon to go so just going for comfy fishing all the evening until it's time to say goodbye
>actual hard moments like greymon coming over to fuck your shit up
The worst thing about it all is knowing there simply won't ever be a game as deep and fun as this one because this kind of stuff takes infinitely more effort and doesn't even do well.

Attached: 1500948166633.jpg (700x415, 62K)

Big HP mostly, going full offense would usually give you meramon

Curling has some skill to it so in the end it's the better mini game

>attack
tyrannomon requires hp and defense though
what makes or breaks the starter mon's evolution is usually the special requirements, and tyrannomon's is just a measly 5 battles, one of which is pretty much mandatory (the starter agumon)

It's not that easy, hell the fight against Imperialdramon PM was pretty hard and Boltboutamon especially was a fucking nightmare, even with maxed out stats.

Next order is a love letter to fans of the first game

turboretards had their first starter be gabumon and ended up with numemon because his digivolutions had higher requirements
retards had their first starter become numemon
brainlets had their first starter become tyrannomon
careless people had their first starter become meramon
guidefags had their first starter become greymon
chads had their first starter become centaurumon
nobody ended up with a monochromon or a birdramon for some reason

Attached: 1546037828186.webm (960x532, 308K)

>nobody ended up with a monochromon
I did

You guys are plebs, my battle with my friends were contests of who could stun lock the other with ice statue quicker, and me for that strategy with bug

>careless people had their first starter become meramon

Neat. I loved the burny guy when I got it for the first time.

You're making it sound like this game is like a text/ASCII-based freeware CRPG where you're given an absurd amount of freedom and options to tackle your adventure however you please, with a obligatorily obtuse interface that makes having a wiki open at all times necessary.

Sounds amazing.

Me too, best bro. I'll be forever seething that he isn't included in next 0rder

I got Whamon.

Attached: how to shrug.jpg (728x546, 48K)

Me too, it's totally anti zoomer and therefore based by default

youtube.com/watch?v=X-fbDFthD70

DW is amazing, but the goat digimon game is pic related. Only card game i've ever remotely enjoyed.

Attached: ddcb.jpg (800x817, 122K)

>got gabumon because i had no digivice and no friends
>managed to get it to turn to a drimogemon
>little known fact: drimogemon is the single hungriest digimon in DW1 with a threshold of 60 (for comparison, Agumon's is 20, Tyrannomon's is 55)
needless to say everything went to shit afterwards

Attached: 1524079636070.jpg (1631x1872, 116K)

no you didn't
neither agumon or gabumon can evolve to him

Why can't there be hacks for the game that add more Digimon?

Somewhat related, but Digimon Survive is gonna suck, isn't it? I just wanted good Digimon games man

Attached: 1540699188905.jpg (600x445, 174K)

I had the PAL version myself as a kid and can confirm that you can beat the main story. You just need a specific number of digimon in your city to unlock infinity mountain, which is doable without Ogremon's fortress.

You can compare it to Super Mario 64 but there's one painting you can't jump into.

>Digimon thread
Nice. Been playing through Cyber Sluts recently and then I'm gonna get started on Hacker's Memory. This thread makes me want to go back to DW1, but I usually find myself playing that game multiple times each year anyways.

You can actually use a text stacking glitch to get around it. I very much doubt this'll be relevant to anyone here since if you're emulating you can just use a different version, but youtu.be/9m9NQjHjuUg

I don't care how grind-y and repetitive it was, or the stupid DNA Digivolution system, I really loved Digimon World 2. Getting my first Mega after endless hours will always be one of my all time favorite moments in gaming

Attached: ad5eab18-77a0-43c8-8d65-4ba0261dc319.jpg (1920x1080, 1.39M)

it certainly was incredibly hard to find some of the stuff without walkthrough, but as long as you took your time you'd get it sooner or later atleast.

I miss back when Re: Digitize first was fully translated and Yea Forums had some nice threads over it. Wasn't an amazing game, but still had some good times. I never did fully finish it, I guess I just got bored halfway in. Still want to play decode though.

The futuristic/cyberpunk aesthetic was wild for kid me. Which is weird since up until that point Digimon never really did stuff like that despite being based around computer/data concepts, and digital literally being in the name.

I swear raising medicine prices on Muchomon gives an automatic success. I can't prove it, but for some reason every time I've done so, there's just a blank text box, the success music pops up, and it shows I made the sale. I don't know why these fuckers get mad when I lower the price of their item but are happy if I raise it.

Attached: digimon world 1 cards.jpg (1280x960, 326K)

My first champion was Meramon and he digivolved into Andromon. Stuck in native forest forever because my english was bad and therefore my Andromon only had Metal Spriter skill. I remember throwing junk parts at my enemies. Fun times.

Literally some of the best storytelling in video games combined with some of the best music and art design.

>Got gud at the game, can easily get champions now
>Get to Toy Town, all I need to do is get a Numemon, that's easy I used to do it all the time
>Tyrannomon
>Meramon
>Kuwagamon
>Seadramon
>mfw

Attached: 1513781871403.gif (370x300, 177K)

The trick is going to the ice region as soon as you can for the 999,999 bits trade and just buy loads of meat. Also I never done the fishing trick to make your digimon last forever, it was a pain getting 2 of the digiluvians or something like that then I just quit fishing

To think that this became its own game

Attached: Recette Yay!.jpg (482x600, 52K)

it's not a glitch, and i'm glad it isn't. you're given that one welfare evolution and if you want monzaemon again you have to earn it

Digimon World is arguably the best boxing trainer simulator ever made.

The older digimon will carry the younger, the younger will become older and carry the next one. Lategame if you are playing as you were supposed to, You will have rookies with max stats, the only thing that you are waiting for then to digievolve, is their age.
(and of course, its super easy to make them live forever and you have 0 problems with synch anymore.)

I literally thought that shit was a fucking bug when I replayed this a decade or so ago. The fucking cunt cannot be maintained even with Palmon early game. You have to have a huge stockpile and be able to buy meat from shops to even dream of keeping it.

>3000 HP, 3000 MP, 300 Offense, 300 Defense, 300 Speed, 300 Brains with Numemon's negative training multiplier
>0 care mistakes
>over 50 battles OR knows 49 techniques (aka every single technique in the game)
not even worth it tbqh

Attached: 1532765005329.jpg (225x225, 6K)

There is a guy that works as his pet project, he is still figuring shit, but its actually nice see what he already got.

i was under the impression he stopped because of health related concerns
even took down a few videos too

Why are the post World 3 Digimon games so soulless? Even if they're somewhat decent like the story games, the world is fucking bland as hell. Don't get me wrong, 2 and 3 fucking suck ass due to their grind hell, but they the sprites, and world design were amazing. 1 and card battle just have such a unique, and detailed world. It's really hard to play shit like Next Order and the ones set in Japan after experiencing those. Everything looks so sterile, and streamlined in the new games, it's fucking atrocious. And by new I mean 4 onwards, even the PS2 shit from a decade ago was garbage post 3.

Hey kid, wanna listen to some hot tunes?

Attached: 1549463655004.png (320x320, 72K)

because they realized they could make more money with humanoids and waifumons than with actual digital monsters

That has nothing to do with what I said. I have absolutely no problem with waifumons, a lot of their designs are better than male knightmons. My complaints lie completely with the world design. The setting in every single modern Digimon game is bad. I can't find a single decent looking map in any of them.

I think that's more a general issue with the current crop of JRPGs.
A lot of mid-budget JRPGs ala Compile Heart have amazingly bland environments, at times even having blocky maze maps with repeating textures. Much of the effort is placed in the character art, which is elaborate, flashy, and replaces acting, staging, animation, and everything else that would make a cutscene interesting to watch. In short, many JRPGs have been turning in to VNs, and much of the game is spent looking at static sprites and text boxes.

Even Cyber Sleuth falls in to this, though at least there the models are animated. You're still spending a lot of time with textboxes though.

>this game fucking sucked and had horrible autistic mechanics that require a literal spreadsheet to manage and plan

I only used 1 (one) magazine with all the requirements to digivolve and even completed my chart back then
I seriously believe the majority of people here either had shit guides or I dunno lol

Slowpoke, where were you 4 years ago(god its been that long already) when most of Yea Forums came together to play Re:digitize when it got fully translated for the PSP?

Attached: 1535725200127.jpg (222x298, 24K)

Monzaemon used to be the strongest mon in the series right.
Why was a teddybear that evolved from literal puke stronger than shit like a cyborg dinosaur or a giant hercules thunder beetle

i had a shit guide
mine was full of misprints, the most glaring one being that you had to sleep in kunemon's bed as a rookie to get a numemon

Nothing you do matters - The Game

Cyber sleuth and hackers memory wasnt bad

Liked them better than Next Order. At least it hasnt withered away as bad as pokemon games. Buying survive day one.

I played Cyber Sleuth a while back and liked it a lot, but it had a bunch of major flaws.
Mainly the forced grinding for megas, incredibly uninteresting sidequests and really shitty environments (I can't stress enough how bad they are, in layout, visuals and forced backtracking)

Is Hackers Memory worth picking up?
Does it address any of those issues or improve on what was already good?

Why does everyone shit on Next Order? It's pretty tight.

Reminds me of how jank the game could be
>raise and angemon
>fuck yeah he's great, using him for quite some time
>save game at jijimon house
>go to walk out of house
>dies
>ok I guess it's time to raise someone new
>leave house
>greymon wants to push my shit it

Because it was from the weakest being raised expertly before it died, and therefore hardest to get. Also to make people who fucked up to not just reset.

obvious troll is obvious

Attached: bl4.jpg (896x384, 200K)

It improves balance, has some neat enviroments, few new battle modes. Side quests are less about go to dungeon from 3 levels ago, and more focused on fighting in their own levels. It also has a basic affection system with some partners, leading to their own side quests.
Some were actually pretty cool and on par with that one organ harvesting quest

That said, it still leans to the Cyber Sleuth if you are looking for any story stuff

the digital shifts in both cyber sleuth games, the eden beta test area in cs, and erika's memory server in hm are all super memorable locations.

I love it but i realize how some people can find the lack of "direct input" a problem.

Really? I don't see Orgemon

some recruits like Frigimon are so obscure that it's nearly impossible to recruit him without a guide.
You do get a hint on him from Shellmon's board but it's very vague.

Most mechanics also are not explained to you, especially shit like care mistakes, overtraining (sweat drop), evolution requirements and the happiness/discipline system.
The game just kind of expects you to apply common sense logic to the game and figure stuff out yourself.
Now, this is fine and all if you actually have the patience for it but I can really see how this game would not mesh well with kids.
I was a very patient kid but I didn't get very far in the game until I was about 11 and started looking stuff up online about the game, where I eventually beat it.

It's a World game. That's the point.

>high levels of brains reduce your MP consumption by 5%, 10%, 15% and 20% at 700, 800, 900 and 999, respectively
>game never tells you this happens
>except in fights where you gain enough brain points to put you at EXACTLY one of those thresholds (remember you only get 1 or 2 points per fight, if any), but the message is cut half-way and a glitch in the textbox code immediately causes the game to dump its memory and lock up
>this was also discovered very recently because nobody bothered doing the quick arithmetic necessary to notice MP costs actually going down for over a decade
this entire game is a walking mystery

Attached: 1544869400575.jpg (539x751, 42K)

Did Hacker's Memory fix the difficulty and the pierce skills?

I really miss DW1s pre rendered environments
They had so much unironic soul

the best part about this game is that regular fights are worthless unless you want to learn new moves (and even then, I prefer to get them by training Brains)
You can literally skip every fight and wreck the bosses, that's what I did after my first playthrough

>centaurumon
the clopping sound whenever it moved was annoying as hell

i didn't know this until just now
>19 years later and still finding out shit i didn't know about this game
god they really don't make them like they used to

Attached: 1537796304354.jpg (249x203, 5K)

You reply as if i was complaining. I'm trying to explain why some people don't like the game.

The answer to both questions is that steps were taken, but weren't 100% effective.

WEWEW WEWEW WEWEW WEWEW WEWEW WEWEW WEWEW WEWEW WEWEW WEWEW WEWEW WEWEW

Attached: 1533668691251.jpg (149x192, 6K)

That's it, i'm booting it up again.

I'm a bit disappointed by it.
Areas are big, but also empty. The first game's areas weren't exactly packed either, but devs invested some work in the backgrounds on the edges of the map. Beautiful art and neat little details you could find there. Next order doesn't have that.
You get to hard lock an evolution for your mon, instead of training it properly and seeing what happens. Your mon can live forever if you want it to and personal pet peeve of mine is that most humanoid Megas have no walking animation and merely float behind you.
Recruitable mons just stand in one place 24/7 instead of having a schedule. They are always fucking there. No change, not nothing. In the first game going through an area you already knew and suddenly encountering a new guy who wasn't there before was hype as fuck.

i can still fucking hear it

Attached: 1533184565915.jpg (250x249, 6K)

It's not like I don't understand that too, I realize it's kind of a niche within a niche situation, that's why I know it's never going to happen again.

I think battle encounters in this game is pretty clever
They are never truly worthless since they give you essentially an hour worth of training stats on completion, and lets you learn new moves, no matter the area level
If you memorize spawn locations, patrol patterns and generally git gud at avoiding them you can also just walk through most areas without ever getting a battle encounter unless you want to
The mechanic where more mons would join the fight if they were on-screen is also something I have never seen replicated. Some 'extra' mons would even decline the battle and flee if your partner Mon was a higher stage

What do you mean?

Yeah, and there were some really difficult to dodge like those Garurumons on Ice Sanctuary or some other enemies on Mt Infinity that relied on what you couldn't see before the camera pans

>there is actually a point to leveling brains beyond 500 other than gambling to learn a new skill
jesus, it's like every single thread we have about this game i learn something i couldn't even dream of

Attached: 1529582868577.jpg (206x244, 5K)

Hacker's Memory doubled the amount of freebie points you can spend on your mon's stats, which means you also get twice the grind for optimal stats.

The higher levels of brains actually lets you choose between the three equipped moves on your mon kek

I never got that far into the stats. Is there any reason to keep playing so far after the end of the game?

>not beating the shit out of modokibetamons to grind healing disks and inflate your battle counter so you can digivolve to ultimate
weak
dodging reskinmon encounters, especially the ones who didn't move until you got really close, was a skill in itself

Hard Mode stat multiplier is now 1.5x instead of 2x. It's still a lazy ass excuse for a Hard Mode that turns certain end game bosses into fucking nonsense, but it's not the bullshit "Use UlForceVeedramon and 3 SafeGuards, or get wiped, faggot" that it was in the original.

Pierce attacks have generally been toned down, usually by about .5x stat multiplier, as well as their impact on turn order has been boosted up. However, because you now get a max of 200 Ability, those extra stat point mean that hyper aggressive Piercing strats are still kind of stupidly good.

that happens at 500, hence me saying "beyond 500"
tournaments mostly. your digimon needs to be able to hold his own when fighting 3 enemies in a row without someone spraying healing disks at them

Ah I see.
I imagine it's not worth a play-through if I didn't like Cyber Sleuth that much.

>trying to avoid the ClearAgumons in Toy Mansion

Attached: sweat.jpg (300x300, 25K)

Fuck
I absolutely hated how timegated and frustrating the 'training' was in Cyber Sleuth
I'd pop my guy into the training field with an offense leader and I'd have to wait ages for him to distribute his bonus stats into offense
You could buy an item to change their personality into offense, but that would sometimes skew their offense too far in one direction, and then I'd have to train intellect or whatever instead
It was a minmax nightmare not made better by how much real world time the training took
A lot of the time I'd just keep my PS4 running and watch TV while the training went on because I couldn't progress more in the game without my main digimon team because they were training.
The worst part was when you let them train for too long and they put all their bonus stats into 1 stat, when you needed to meet a specific threshold on several stats for a mega evolution.
Then you'd have to reverse the stat leader and train again to siphon bonus stats away from the training it just did.
Was by far the worst mechanic I've ever seen in a modern JRPG.

But that's the thing, common sense doesn't really factor into a lot of the mechanics beyond
>food good
>sleep good
>overtraining bad
>pooping bad

Like, you mentioned the happiness/discipline system, there's seldom ever any reason to scold your digimon outside the opening hours where you're still figuring things out and they're shitting a lot, but some evolutions require that you ride a fine line with discipline, but most people probably would never get them because why the hell would you not praise your digimon constantly? I played this as a kid and was horrible at paying attention to finer details, and I seriously don't know how I managed to get as many good evos as I did. Shit felt like a coin flip most the time.

>that room with the horizontal camera and two tankmon

If you ever go back to it, let me give you a hint. It doesn't really matter that much early the game. By the time it matters, Restraint chips are so plentiful that the easiest way to handle it is to just dump everyone in for one stat, leave it, then, if you want to get specific, Restraint chip down to where you need it, and do the next stat.

Your way sounds like torture.

I remember being a brainlet kid playing this and couldn't get a good mon to progress

eventually I had to do the Sukamon to Megaseadramon glitch to beat this game, but damn did I love it regardless

>when you needed to meet a specific threshold on several stats for a mega evolution
Whenever that happened, I just fed them items till the required amount was met.

oh yeah I forgot about restraint chips
that did make it a lot less painful in the endgame where I had tons of money, but it's still an incredibly shitty mechanic

they should just have a basic menu where you could allocate your points, maybe add a money fee to subtract and reallocate

the what

If you're always getting same evolutions it's not hard to imagine you need to do something else to get the rest, though.

Its not really about getting the same evos, its that unless you track your stats and progress, you never really know what you're gonna get with each successive generation, since even being just a little off with weight or discipline or stats can net you completely different digimon.

Are there any HD ai gigapixel projects for this game like there are with final fantasy VII-IX?

Such a creative and original game. Too bad the sequels were terrible.

It's crazy how this game is so unexpectedly complicated to the point where it gets kind of absurd.

>wanted to emulate this
>HP bars messed up and just get continually bigger rather than fitting in the UI
>bars aren't even fitting on the screen by the second forest making it impossible to tell how much damage is being done
It was probably a really easy fix, but I just dropped it instead.

I forgot about the number. My training is so autopilot that I forget about some details sometimes

>When you are training, you can choose the normal method or the slots mode
>The slots mode is the high risk high reward mode, because you can get some huge multipliers if you hit the slots in the right moment
>The Golden Poop offers the highest multiplier (10x)
>But its actually tied to RNG. Even if you play frame by frame on an emulator, there are moments where its simple impossible to hit the Golden Poop.
>There is some crazy speedrun strats to get consistent golden poops
youtube.com/watch?v=1lMRLW4-o1o

angemon's hints are obvious enough you can figure out how to reach 100 population just as long as you somehow figure out you need a vaccine type mon to enter the ice sanctuary (and the game doesn't even vaguely hint at that fact), and then beat the high-end enemies in there. oh, and figure out about the hidden side corridor that leads to the actual point of the ice sanctuary, otherwise you'll think it's just a fancy gym you need to risk your life to get into.

even as a little kid i could see the slots were clearly rigged so at some point i stopped bothering even attempting them at all

Think we'll get another one? I really liked the world game's raising mechanics, and I'm near the end of Next 0rder, I hope the next game has more interactions with your partner like 1 did

Maybe after Digimon Survive? I hope that one is really good.

>Monster Rancher thread
>DW thread
Comfy Yea Forums.

Michelle Ruff did VA work in this didn't she?

No lie this was pretty much my first Rougelike

a glitch where you can evolve Sukamon (the literal shit digimon) straight to Megaseadramon (an ultimate mon)

yeah thanks very helpful
i was obviously asking about the details of said glitch

Attached: 1529193582921.png (833x136, 47K)

Also people didnt know that you need to keep your discipline up to get the "canon" digimons by getting them to fight. So they kept piling up food and feed them and get Tyrannomon everytime, which is a lazy fuck and eats shittons of food.

cbb
go google it you fat autist

Attached: 1524711156718.jpg (249x249, 7K)

google it
apparently it evolves an airdramon/seadramon turning into a sukamon and then when you ask kingsukamon to turn them back, they digivolve immediately into megaseadramon
I only read one gamefaqs post speculating on it though so this might not be entirely correct

I have dreamed for eternity for a online version of this

that vaguely sounds correct and I definitely remember that it works because it was the only way I managed to kill Machinedramon

Any downsides to killing off your digimon when you get another shitmon?

>frogposter
so you're bullshitting, gotcha

you might lose techs. Also proper death passes down some stats

you lose items each time you die in battle, if your mon dies unnaturally (battle, disease) you unlearn techniques and some of your stats won't be inherited properly

Attached: 9d5.png (652x510, 332K)

Attached: 1496830775869.png (3000x3000, 123K)

Ehrgiez was mine. Its surprising how many roguelike elements popped up in games so many years before the current roguelike/lite boom happened.

basically these the only safe way to kill off your mon without waiting it out is to feed it devil chips

not knowing english when i first played it as a kid. Never got far. Always Numemon. Or teddy bear one time.
Played again years later. Finish story and learn how the game actually works. No shit i couldnt figure shit out.

This changes everything

...fuck I forgot about that one. I don't think Ehregize had a hunger/energy system though. I just kept dying because I was 5 at the time and didn't understand rougelikes

that and I literally spent all my money on energy restoring chips in World 2, not knowing I only needed about 1 or 2

tried this, it works, but don't expect your discipline to stay very high
play it safe though, if you overshoot it and miss a night's sleep there's a high chance your digimon can get sick

Is seeing the exhaustion bubble a care mistake?

no. exhaustion has nothing to do with care mistakes. you'll take a hit to happiness but it doesn't actually count as a care mistake, neither does overtraining (i.e. keep training past the swear bubble appearing to the point you're only getting +1s)

Yep.

fuck off retard there are literal memory sheets you can use to check this out
youtu.be/uKvfhTeEWAo

>training while hungry costs 2 care mistakes
fuck sake, this explains a lot.
i've learned more from reading this single thread than from in-game information

Attached: 1538427505106.png (947x644, 794K)

Psp is always an option

im retarded

>Final boss blatantly hacks the game and drops a Apocalymon right at the start
>All colors need to bruteforce through it for a chance at winning
>Except for Yellow who just drops ToyAgumon and grabs the free win
Who /Rarechad/ here?

There is no in-game information

Precisely.

Man, isekai must suck when your cheat power is being friends with a native that doesn't know anything .

I will never forget the pain I felt as a child after working my ass off to get my Digimon to evolve into a MetalGreymon only for it to die one ingame day later

Attached: images.png (193x261, 8K)

Quattro when
Survive when
More Hikari x Tai porn when

>Hikari porn
no lewding my childhood waifu

>Quattro when

Attached: 1525742418866.jpg (984x720, 91K)

Digimon World 2003 was part of my childhood, one of the first very own ps1 games I had.
But sometimes I wonder what if I would had World 1 instead

Attached: IMG_20190223_152246.jpg (3456x4608, 3.43M)

I dont get it what does knowing this does for me other than having longer days

>pal ogre forest
m8 it pissed me off so much that I couldn't play the full game as a kid
I remember finding out about it while reading some video game magazine and only then realizing I was missing a shit ton of mons in town

god the hundreds more hours I could've spent on this game if only this bug didn't exist
and sadly the game is too easy for me now, got andromon on first go and kept shitting on everything so I dropped it

digimon world remake in VR where you have to pet or beat your mon to discipline/praise it and spend your days watching your mon wreck shit from the sidelines fucking WHEN
this shit would literally work wonders, would even fit the lore too

>Never beat the game as a kid because I was too scared to go into that part of the jungle where time flows faster.

Attached: 1453777818014.png (400x400, 6K)

The music in this game is so fucking good.

It is slow but its also very short so its ok

Same