Has Yea Forums had any success making youtube videos?

Has Yea Forums had any success making youtube videos?

Attached: 1280px-YouTube_play_buttom_icon_(2013-2017).svg.png (1280x901, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xYn_qEHSe00
clips.twitch.tv/PeppyHeadstrongEyeballShazBotstix
youtube.com/watch?v=BuoUfyMUQTc
youtu.be/itUHGLwnT_Y
youtu.be/K8EfUYFOThM
youtube.com/watch?v=fyYHNbJCyB8&t=7s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfv7l18x87o
vocaroo.com/i/s0Bt73ScdkbT
youtu.be/DdAeVKz5cbw
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4DyEhHaoac
youtube.com/channel/UCTYA-5NUHuYu6J4ZRpwdwDg
youtube.com/watch?v=eBx7-qN2Pcw
youtube.com/channel/UCV7kK9uF8vMcWzmIvBRotEg
youtube.com/watch?v=md4OeNdk4Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=0RQ-zoNlXmM
youtube.com/watch?v=mlrzGSeySDg
youtube.com/watch?v=eXuioIwkzJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=RedFxrCLmkA
youtube.com/watch?v=leBbkbAYSUU
youtu.be/np5VoQu1OHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xjhSP_k7V6U
youtube.com/watch?v=AHhbvJx7XSI
youtube.com/watch?v=tomE4FeaCPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've uploaded videos and had a maximum of about 60 subscribers.
But I made content so rarely that it's still a waning channel.
Until I get some good time off work now, I probably won't have much beyond a weekend livestream, like Saturday just past.

Attached: 20180430185806_1_vr.jpg (2100x1050, 543K)

Why does nobody post their videos in these threads?

Better than expected, should hit 8K subs next month which is a cool milestone. It's a fun hobby and if anyone thinks they have some good ideas for videos or just want to give it a go, you might as well.

Have some oldy but goodies
youtu.be/xYn_qEHSe00

No. Im not a sissy that craves attention

Not worth it. My videos suck too bad and aren't the style that would take off except for sheer dumb luck of the draw.

clips.twitch.tv/PeppyHeadstrongEyeballShazBotstix

Attached: Wings of Vi.jpg (460x215, 63K)

My newest video has 85k views, but its not remotely game related.

I make a extremely easy to make videos that get about 300 views each
I've also got a 1 off tutorial vid that hit 47k views

youtube.com/watch?v=BuoUfyMUQTc

I get like 30 views on each of my vids but I don't want to post since they are shit and I don't want to get bullied

>make twitch channel
>bad wifi so I can only stream at 360p 30fps
>too autistic and shy to advertise my channel and secretly hope nobody comes in my channel yet get excited over 1 viewer even if its a bot.
>play shit games lile Nioh and talk to myself pretending I have friends
>Im also extremely bad at Nioh

Attached: 1549650634948.png (540x725, 424K)

I've got almost 100,000 views on my newest anime video. I don't know if it'll last, but I've been doing modestly well just talking about VHS tapes & Laserdiscs. Someone must have posted a video I made on reddit or something. Newest video title & thumbnail were pretty clickbaity too, so it might that. If not then it's because I have almost no competition. I've been pretty lucky all things considered. Just hit 5000 subs.
youtu.be/itUHGLwnT_Y

Attached: Matsumoto.gif (315x174, 1.39M)

What the fuck is even the point? I have been at it for ten years and no one watches my shit. Still stuck below 200 subscribers. Twitch is better.

Based, I'll check it out

Might subscribe desu

I put things out infrequently but two of my vids have a few thousand views which is cool. Typically get good reception as well. Hoping to get some more out in the coming months with DMC5 and Sekiro.

Just finished my first in a few months going over KH3's ending.
youtu.be/K8EfUYFOThM

Attached: 1550626172481.jpg (433x650, 57K)

Oh fuck, you were recommended to me, and I ignored it. Guess I'll check you out now

Not really, I'm too lazy for editing, and also have no idea how to get views and an audience without feeling like a gross shill
Tried Twitch and I like streaming a bit more, I have an ok set up to stream from my game collection but I still have no idea how to gain an audience

ive spent the last decade searching for a good name for a channel
someday when i find that name i will make videos and become the next pewdiepie

That video isn't my best work. I really liked making the videos about lensman and Sukeban deka more. Those only got like 3000 views each though so I guess people really only want to watch videos about bad anime. Damn shame, but what can you do.

What kind of videos were you making? They probably weren't unique enough. How many videos about fortnight and Mario do you think there are?

I'll just post this Mandalore vid
youtube.com/watch?v=fyYHNbJCyB8&t=7s

Attached: sniper shrug.gif (245x325, 1.52M)

It's mostly just straight up gameplay of Smash. I guess no one cares about that. On Twitch I play a lot of old JRPGs and I commentate, too. Started streaming consistently in October, now I have 24 followers.

I don't believe you.

>made tens of thousands of views, over a thousand subscribers
>keep making short clips of other games, under 50 views on everything
>make a high effort video of a game i really care about
>13 views
it hurts just a little

Good content, will also be subscribing to you.

Will recording with the microphone under a blanket improve audio quality? My plan is to make 10 videos so I get a basic routine and then go for 11.

Your voice sounds annoying as fuck.

Got up to 40k about 5 years ago on a single-game channel, then got bored and abandoned it. Thinking of rebooting it with completely different content, but life is just too busy now

>your voice sounds annoying as fuck

Attached: youtube.jpg (815x768, 104K)

I had a channel with nearly 100 subs over 8 years but it got deleted. I think it was because I would do a lot shit talking to people that would try to bully me in the comments. I wouldn't want to try again anyway. Only a completely pussified bootlicking sellout can "succeed" on Youtube today. It's sickening to watch some of these big channels especially gaming channels.

>どうして

why did it translate into "どんな調子/感じ?" for english

but, 再婚が幸せじゃねー i don't blame this man

shut up weeb

imagine unironically trying to be something as digusting as an e-celeb and still FAILING at it

Attached: 1548665446236.jpg (634x634, 67K)

Is it that easy? Whats the secret?

>buy $200 worth of views, likes, comments and upvotes on every video when you're starting out
>be actually likeable with good content and something visually interesting
>5-10 minutes long without any boring parts
>have a reason for your videos to exist
>good thumbnail
>upload once a week if possible
That should get you started.

You put color in your hair, then you sit down in front of a computer and simply scream loud into your microphone whilst playing Fortnite, and make unfunny internet meme jokes normalfaggot children can relate to.
Just try to be as obnoxious, cringy, and soulless as you possibly can, because it seems to have worked for 100% of popular gaming related youtube channels.

Attached: 1513290707455.png (268x237, 36K)

yes
pewdiepie here, ama

Back in like 2007 when I was only 13 I had a lets play channel where I did ff3 on ds, and SMRPG through zsnes. Got up to around 250 subs, but I just didn't really care enough after I finished those two games, and no one watched anything else I put out.

so I started streaming instead on livestream and ustream, and managed to convert like 3 of the people who watched my shit on youtube, built a little community, and over the last decade I've just been working on that. Up to 500 viewers on twitch now when I do stream, 5 days a week. I make about enough to sustain rent, but I have a dayjob anyway, cause fuck relying on the luck of donations/cheers/people resubbing. apex legends has been really good for me too, grew about 80% this month.

youtube's a dead medium, sadly. Recorded videos are nice for lots, but gameplay isn't one of them unless it's montage style.

>be actually likeable with good content and something visually interesting
just b urself bro

I made a video on Star Wars 1313, enjoy.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfv7l18x87o

>your voice sounds annoying as fuck

My time to shine, have a listen yeah?
vocaroo.com/i/s0Bt73ScdkbT

Attached: 1433148951719.gif (350x256, 1.87M)

Definitely don't, actually. So many autists get tricked by the likeable, friendly appearance of streamers and youtubers that they think it's real, so they actually go on being their own natural selves on camera. It's awful.

Don't be yourself. Be Streamer Youtube Guy who is quirky and upbeat, or exaggeratedly negative and critical, or ultra fast and witty or whatever your personality gimmick is. If people actually wanted normal people, they'd go watch normals. There's a reason that long-form LPs died out.

I made like one video, planned to make more and never got around to it. I'd like to start up again but I'm not going to bother unless I can actually commit to it this time.

Yeah, I've successfully made a bunch of YouTube videos. It's easier than you'd think, they make the whole process very simple.

Attached: 1519930531056.gif (500x500, 599K)

I had an old channel (used mostly from 2008-2012) with a little over 7,000 subscribers. Highest viewed video was something over 1M, others had some hundreds of thousands too. If I had to average all the view counts of my videos out it'd probably be something like 25,000 for each upload

Had absolutely nothing to do with vidya

Attached: 1549646593773.png (326x301, 69K)

This video has blown up and I've gotten like 99 subs in a month.
youtu.be/DdAeVKz5cbw
I made this years ago

I have 1 million subs

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4DyEhHaoac

I used to make 9/11 videos.

Doesn't youtube block those now?

I did. Got to like 12k subs, and making $200 a month. And then youtube just bans me with no strikes.

Yes, can't have people thinking the wrong thing :^)
They're starting to block comments on entire channels now too.

Used to podcast that I uploaded to Youtube where I interviewed random people such as content creators, voice actors etc. Got a lot of people considering I was a literal who. Now I've privated all my videos because I got depressing when my father died. I also didn't like bothering and peskering people and the idea of dick riding off people's fame embarrassed me and at the time my audio was fucking awful since all I had was a snowball mic and knew fuck all about audio until it was too late and all of my shows are skype calls so quality was often weak

Attached: Little brainlet.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Feels weird to have been looking at these threads long enough that I’ve started recognizing some anons who post.

Working on my first vid, done with the first 15 minutes. About another 90 minutes of video to go. Feels good to be making progress on it even if there’s still lots of editing to be done.

This guy posted his channel 10 months ago and I still love his content. Great stuff. I wish he had more subscribers.

youtube.com/channel/UCTYA-5NUHuYu6J4ZRpwdwDg

Here's his animal crossing one youtube.com/watch?v=eBx7-qN2Pcw

No, I tried streaming my speedrun of Contra for the MSX and my internet connection farted superbad and I couldn't make it.

>That user who showed real promise with his why I hate the Virtual Console video that hasn't uploaded since like 2017
Come back

Attached: 456789976456.jpg (1366x768, 113K)

Made a few videos in high school years ago, some were ytp or random meme videos with like 25k views.
Uploaded some gaming shit in the early ps4 days that have over 80k.
Nothing big but really wish I did more and made something of it. YouTube is getting worse every day with the advertismet shit and I would never think to start now.

This guy is pretty good, actually got me to chuckle
And getting to be someone's 100th sub is neat
Videos end way too abruptly though, maybe he should just squash a few of them into one or something to get them longer than a minute or two

Why don't you fags cultivate a real skill? Like playing an instrument or drawing?

Attached: 1478109135014.jpg (1500x1500, 113K)

Because japanese is a highly contextual language and a literal translation will lead to gibberish.

Do animal videos count

Attached: 1550752121496.png (293x244, 78K)

Because neither of those are any more lucrative than playing vidya. It's total luck of the draw whether someone cares about your musicality or your art. In fact, art's even worse, you're more likely to see relevance in the art world after your death.
music is just a total gamble, no different than posting videos and hoping to hit it big. Only you can't force musical talent (you can buy slots for airtime, don't get me wrong, but you'll never be able to buy recognition) but you CAN buy it for video production. youtube is proof of that.

I used to play the viola and piano. I wish I could draw though.

I'm writing a script for a video about finishing games, but I may scrap it. I live with other people and I don't want to bother them.

My videos are kinda shitty, but I have fun making them. None of them have cracked 100.

I do both, but my instrument is loud and I live in an apartment with thin walls.

Anal

Of course

Attached: 1532304287923.jpg (750x603, 48K)

some people dont like shameless advertising. also because thankfully some of you are actually aware that you arent funny or talented so they dont make them.

Mean things aside, some people genuinely still think theres any sort of niche left to be filled. Its kind of pointless

Not really, but I am there I guess.
youtube.com/channel/UCV7kK9uF8vMcWzmIvBRotEg
Trying to make it.
Do YTPs and some other vidya related stuff, gotta shill some I guess.
youtube.com/watch?v=md4OeNdk4Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=0RQ-zoNlXmM
youtube.com/watch?v=mlrzGSeySDg
youtube.com/watch?v=eXuioIwkzJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=RedFxrCLmkA

Success comes randomly, though.

Attached: 1497100393194.png (2560x1440, 2.37M)

Some success.I do it sparingly for fun.

I do like shilling, just did some in fact.
I don't know why I try, but well, maybe for the slightest chance.

The niche is taking over when other people are too slow to keep up.
See: Ninja and his stream's rapid decline to jack fucking shit all. He's been taken over by shroud and dizzy because he's too busy still playing fortnite. Youtube is just a dead medium and no video gets a lot of views, and even if it does you make almost no money on it because le advertisers.

see you guys say this constantly, and then go “wowwwwwwww why is this guy making 10 million a year wowww its so easy”

I mean cmon Yea Forums. whats stopping you from putting on a wig and screaming into your microphone on fortnite? I mean, thats all it is right???

IT'S OUT
youtu.be/np5VoQu1OHQ

Attached: f158c33f3c2f3e14be8fa3a9825de750433bacc23d568079539d7ac244369cc6_1.png (640x640, 319K)

>I live with other people and I don't want to bother them
This is my situation except I don't want them to bother me. I've gone through so much shit just to make a sound proof closet and it still isn't enough. They're so fucking loud. I want to move out so bad.

Because I don't like advertising on Yea Forums. I'd link a clip on streamable or some shit where there's no real incentive to shill, maybe, but I don't wanna share my channel. Even if it's barren.

none of you belong here
go elsewhere

>Friends started a channel where we just play games together
>It's small, but it was fun
>Friend who owns the youtube account starts putting making videos off by months at a time
>Sometimes after recording a session he would just deem it wasn't actually good and scrap the whole thing
>Since it's clear he lost interest other friend and I ask if we can get the last footage recorded and access to the channel
>He never gives it to us and posts completely unrelated videos on the channel now
Reminder that if you ever make a channel, be sure you're the one who actually owns it. It's not even like we were even remotely big, it was just a fun thing to do and now we can't even make more episodes on that channel anymore

Unless you're already medium to big sized, posting your videos and admitting your posting them on Yea Forums isn't that smart of an idea.
Place has a bad reputation

youtube.com/watch?v=xjhSP_k7V6U
Here's one I've had a lot of people say good things about

Attached: long dog (9).png (1008x756, 998K)

Hey, the YTPs are good, didn't knew people still made them.

Yeah

>RE4 content
My man. That's what I'm starting my channel on.

got downvoted to hell posting mine the other day

Everytime i make a video i end up scraping it thinking they’re too forced and not even remotely funny also they wouldn’t be in english there’s a fiew youtuber’s that have had massive success as too even been hired to act in a tv ad or promote a product, they’re all have barebones most common dennominator clickbaity content like X CHALLANGE! WOW SO WACKY BET YOU CAN’T DO X THINGY DAB and “relatable” story times and those who with vidya related content found success way to late and have faded into obscurity making let’s plays for a living no one ever did a review or something more elaborate than a let’s play with which is what i would like to do but found that i would be a less funnier radicalsoda

Depends on what you call success. The people who like or comment that they enjoyed your video is what keeps you wanting to do it.
youtube.com/watch?v=AHhbvJx7XSI
youtube.com/watch?v=tomE4FeaCPk

Oh yeah, there's also autists who will just go to every video posted here and dislike them all purely because they dislike shilling