Already way too fucking long + a postgame that is as long as the main game

>Already way too fucking long + a postgame that is as long as the main game
>now adding 8 extra stories and new dungeons
How fucking long is definitive edition gonna be, 400 hours?

Attached: 3399543-dq11+art.jpg (550x309, 114K)

JRPGS are long dude. Dragons Quest and Disgaea in particular can get up to 1000 hours out of you if your not careful. My DQ8 save file is almost 500 hours and my Disgaea 5 save file is almost 800.

Attached: Disgaea 5.jpg (616x353, 109K)

I liked this game a lot. If they add the extra stories as paid DLC on PS4 I would buy it.

It'll be 200 hours at best, assuming you 100% it.
If you just do none of the optional stuff, and are on the normal difficulty, you could finish the main game in like 50-60 hours.
Also post game is only half as long as the main game.

The big difference is that Disgaea encourages grind. DQ doesn't (for the most part).

You may have to grind a little bit to beat the post-game of DQ, but the main story can pretty much be beaten without ever stopping in any area to grind.

Agree with OP, I'm not a kid anymore, I have money. I don't need my game length padded out. You can read half of The Wheel of Time in the time it takes to finish a single JRPG.

This is what I don't get about this game.
The story and characters are about as shallow as they can be for the kind of game it is, yet it takes 100+ hours to get through.

Yeah, if you don't fucking like it don't fucking buy it you retarded fucking moron

It's not so much that it's long it's that the journey is done like 3 times over in the same locations and is pretty goddamn linear.

Just don't buy the fucking game then and let people who ARE kids (or who just want a lot of value from their games and don't buy the hot new flavor of the month) enjoy it

>let zoomers have their padded out games for extra value
Yeah but free to play games exist now and JRPG's didn't used to be 80-100 hours just to reach the ending. Don't believe me? Google search Final Fantasy 7 average playtime. Stil mad? Explain how doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over especially when it's a very simple thing (turn based combat, select attack, select spell, select enemy) is fun past 50 hours.

Disgaea is the only game that is the exception here. It's actually meant to be played past the first playthrough.

I wouldnt mind if it was fresh content, but retreading kills it, same shit that ruined Bravely Default

It was already at 30 hours when you do the first set of retreading, just end it there, you dont NEED to add another 90 hours of the same locations again.

oh shit really? seems like a really good game.

Its still fun past 50 hours because you're doing more than just the turn based combat, you're exploring more of the world, whether it be in a linear fashion or not, and you're experiencing more of the story.
Also JRPGs still aren't 80-100 hours to reach the ending.
I want you to try listing some JRPGs that have come out in the past 10 years that take 80-100 hours to finish just the main game. I guarantee that you'll find that hard to do, shit, you probably wouldn't even find 5 of them.

I want to marry Jade but I don't want to buy the definitive version on Switch

>not marrying Slyvando
OH YOU ARE CRAZY HONEY

Also, don't act like there weren't any JRPGs that took 80-100 hours to beat back in the old days.
Dragon Quest VII for example is easily a 100 hour game for just the main story, and that's a PS1 game.

>after 15/20 hours combat strategy did not change throughout the rest of the game

Just lost interest when i hit post game, yes i played with strong monsters.

I bought ffxii remastered two years ago and still haven't gotten around to playing it. How the FUCK am I supposed to beat all this shit

Post game was fun, till everything turned out to be a broken combo.

It's not THAT long, and aren't they including a faster battle mode?

>dual sword Divide + Fatal Slash
>Channel Anger + Magic Burst + Elfin Elixir
>greatsword + Sword Dance
ezpz bosses